Forums / Discussion / General

171,010 total conversations in 5,490 threads

+ New Thread

Guys...

Last posted Mar 17, 2012 at 02:16AM EDT. Added Mar 15, 2012 at 05:17PM EDT
25 posts from 17 users

What has the world come to?

“With Howrse, breed horses or ponies, and discover the responsibilities of managing an equestrian centre!”

Last edited Mar 15, 2012 at 05:18PM EDT
Mar 15, 2012 at 05:17PM EDT

Lets go to mars.

Mar 15, 2012 at 05:20PM EDT

this game is really weird

Last edited Mar 15, 2012 at 05:26PM EDT
Mar 15, 2012 at 05:24PM EDT

e·ques·tri·an

adjective

1. of or pertaining to horseback riding or horseback riders: equestrian skill.
  2. mounted on horseback: equestrian knights.
  3. representing a person mounted on a horse: an equestrian statue.
  4. pertaining to or composed of knights or mounted warriors: an equestrian code of honor.
  5. of or pertaining to the ancient Roman equites.

noun

1. a person who rides horses.

Link

Last edited Mar 15, 2012 at 05:33PM EDT
Mar 15, 2012 at 05:33PM EDT

I don’t understand what it is that people are finding strange about this site. Can someone fill me in?

Mar 15, 2012 at 05:41PM EDT

Brucker wrote:

I don’t understand what it is that people are finding strange about this site. Can someone fill me in?

As the description reads “equestrian”, they probably saw it as something related to MLP: FiM.

Mar 15, 2012 at 05:47PM EDT

Brucker wrote:

[spoiler] People enjoy judging other people for no good reason [/spoiler]

Mar 15, 2012 at 05:57PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

e·ques·tri·an

adjective

1. of or pertaining to horseback riding or horseback riders: equestrian skill.
  2. mounted on horseback: equestrian knights.
  3. representing a person mounted on a horse: an equestrian statue.
  4. pertaining to or composed of knights or mounted warriors: an equestrian code of honor.
  5. of or pertaining to the ancient Roman equites.

noun

1. a person who rides horses.

Link

No…the breading part was the one that caught my eye…

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:41AM EDT

I’ve seen banner ads of that game around the web. I think it gets advertised to me because Google knows I’ve been looking at ponies but the game itself has nothing to do with MLP I am sure.

And with that:

Also, horse breeding? If that’s shocking enough for a thread, I should make a “Rape-prostitutes-in-the-back-of taxi’s-in-Grand-Theft-Auto General”

Last edited Mar 16, 2012 at 12:59AM EDT
Mar 16, 2012 at 12:56AM EDT

BSOD posted:

Only in Portland. God damn it.

Mar 16, 2012 at 01:01AM EDT

Nikolaki8 wrote:

What, Why? Thats what you have to do to get more horses. Maybe its because I work with livestock on a daily basis, but I don’t find the prospect of breeding horses ( be it through natural or artificial insemination) to be weird at all. Hell, Ive seen in person how the semen is acquired as well as inserted. Im sure the game shows none of this.
No offense, but grow up.

Mar 16, 2012 at 01:02AM EDT

Dac wrote:

What, Why? Thats what you have to do to get more horses. Maybe its because I work with livestock on a daily basis, but I don’t find the prospect of breeding horses ( be it through natural or artificial insemination) to be weird at all. Hell, Ive seen in person how the semen is acquired as well as inserted. Im sure the game shows none of this.
No offense, but grow up.

Mar 16, 2012 at 01:14AM EDT

Nikolaki8 wrote:

Where do you expect baby horses to come from, then?
For that matter, do you know mixing breeds of a species create the best racehorses?

Mar 16, 2012 at 01:32AM EDT

Mister J wrote:

Where do you expect baby horses to come from, then?
For that matter, do you know mixing breeds of a species create the best racehorses?

No. The best track race horse breeds are the thouroughbred and the quater horse. The quater horse is the fastest breed of horse, some have been clocked at over 55 mph, but as the name suggests, it’s best for quater mile sprints. The thouroughbred is used for races such as the Kentucky derby( 1 and a quater mile). more stamina than the quater horse and more lean to keep up the speed, but not enough muscle to sprint like a quater horse.

There is some truth in what you said. These breeds where made by crossing breeds that had favorable traits. The quater horse breed, for example, was made by crossing thorughbreds with a native American breed that itself came from the Iberian breeds. But now that the breeds are established, you can’t crossbreed and still compete in the big events. You can try at the local races, but the Big races wont except a cross between, say, a thoroughbred and an Arabian.

EDIT yeah, I know I ranted over something that I’m sure no one cares about.

Last edited Mar 16, 2012 at 02:24AM EDT
Mar 16, 2012 at 02:05AM EDT

Dac wrote:

No offense, but grow up.

You’d think people never played videogames with breeding before:

Mar 16, 2012 at 03:04AM EDT

Dac wrote:

No offense, but grow up.

I’m inclined to your observation. I tip my hat off to you. I’m sure i could think of something snappy, but I won’t. Go ahead, make fun of me. That’s what everyone does. Obviously you have taken my quotes to seriously, so I’ll go along with this.

I’ve had a rough day, full of disappointment, and don’t need to listen to anyone else’s negative responses today.

For the love of my humanity, someone lock/delete this thread.

Mar 16, 2012 at 03:44AM EDT

Nikolaki8 wrote:

Last edited Mar 16, 2012 at 06:31AM EDT
Mar 16, 2012 at 06:29AM EDT

Nikolaki8 wrote:

breading

Origin: bread

noun

1. a kind of food made of flour or meal that has been mixed with milk or water, made into a dough or batter, with or without yeast or other leavening agent, and baked.
  2. food or sustenance; livelihood: to earn one’s bread.
  3. Slang . money.
  4. Ecclesiastical . the wafer or bread used in a Eucharistic service.

verb (used with object)

1. Cookery . to cover with breadcrumbs or meal.

Link 1
Link 2

Nekopan, F*ck Yeah!

Last edited Mar 16, 2012 at 10:25AM EDT
Mar 16, 2012 at 10:22AM EDT

Nikolaki8 wrote:

I’m inclined to your observation. I tip my hat off to you. I’m sure i could think of something snappy, but I won’t. Go ahead, make fun of me. That’s what everyone does. Obviously you have taken my quotes to seriously, so I’ll go along with this.

I’ve had a rough day, full of disappointment, and don’t need to listen to anyone else’s negative responses today.

Come on, don’t be so dramatic. I wasn’t making fun of you. I was just saying that you should be more mature about the subject.

Mar 16, 2012 at 10:28AM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

breading

Origin: bread

noun

1. a kind of food made of flour or meal that has been mixed with milk or water, made into a dough or batter, with or without yeast or other leavening agent, and baked.
  2. food or sustenance; livelihood: to earn one’s bread.
  3. Slang . money.
  4. Ecclesiastical . the wafer or bread used in a Eucharistic service.

verb (used with object)

1. Cookery . to cover with breadcrumbs or meal.

Link 1
Link 2

Nekopan, F*ck Yeah!

We have to protect our children from Breading!

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:57PM EDT

Dac wrote:

Come on, don’t be so dramatic. I wasn’t making fun of you. I was just saying that you should be more mature about the subject.

No, it wasn’t you.

I tried to make light of my day due to a horrific subject that happened earlier. Nothing was really based on you, or anyone here who was trolling me.

Mar 16, 2012 at 05:38PM EDT

I just thought it was something suggestive because it used the term “breeding.”

…I REALLY hope they don’t go into too much detail with this.

Mar 16, 2012 at 09:00PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!