Forums / Media / Moving Images

4,547 total conversations in 15 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Avatar: TLA / Legend of Korra General

Last posted Jul 24, 2014 at 01:05AM EDT. Added Mar 20, 2012 at 11:11PM EDT
2003 posts from 82 users

@ onion soup

That’s what I meant by bringing up the fact he is a brony. Saying legend of korra is mediocre Is going way overboard and doing it a huge disservice. It wasnt perfect, it had its problems, but say what you will, it’s one of the best, if not the best cartoon on TV right now. Saying you don’t hold mlp or other cartoons to the same standard doesn’t make those cartoons better. For example, I don’t hold county fairs to the same standards as the theme parks in SoCal and enjoy them accordingly, but they are by no means superior to the theme parks. Doesn’t mean six flags or Disney land don’t have problems, believe me they do, but despite their problems, they still are some of the finest parks in the country.

Last edited Jul 07, 2012 at 12:07PM EDT
Jul 07, 2012 at 11:50AM EDT

Ehh, I think the inherent problems in LoK lie in the fact that it’s so short. If the creators had more to work with, they would’ve created a much better show. Something about ATLA is just so enthralling. I imagine it’s the fact that:

• It had tons of character development. Always important.
  • There were multiple environments that the Gaang was in. Omashu, Southern Air Temple, Kyoshi Island, the list goes on.

These two things, all incubated in a long series, created a great show. None of this is apparent in LoK. They all stay locked up in Republic City, they had no time for character development, and both seasons will not amount to that many episodes.

All of this is excluding the story and characters its/themselves. The quality of those are, of course, a matter of opinion, and can’t be measured like the themes above.

Jul 07, 2012 at 01:27PM EDT

I think you people are silly and Korra is best show and I will name my Japanese children Mako Bolin and Korra.

Jul 07, 2012 at 02:37PM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

I think you people are silly and Korra is best show and I will name my Japanese children Mako Bolin and Korra.

SILLY TEH BRAWLER YOU DON’T EVEN JAPAN

Jul 07, 2012 at 09:42PM EDT

Piano wrote:

OH, AND YOU DO?

HAA.

SILLY FEDORA. YOU DON’T JAPAN. YOU RUSSIA. IT’S IN YOUR NAME.

Jul 07, 2012 at 11:04PM EDT

-
Btw, that’s a really good Toph cosplay, at least from what I can see.

Last edited Jul 07, 2012 at 11:43PM EDT
Jul 07, 2012 at 11:42PM EDT

Piano wrote:

HALF JAPANESE SILLY

YOU KNOW OF MY METHODS

Jul 07, 2012 at 11:44PM EDT

Last edited Jul 08, 2012 at 12:23AM EDT
Jul 08, 2012 at 12:22AM EDT

I just noticed something… Lin has three scars in this comic… but she only has two in the show…
SHE ONLY HAS TWOOOOOO!!!

Jul 08, 2012 at 11:35AM EDT

Crimson Locks wrote:

I just noticed something… Lin has three scars in this comic… but she only has two in the show…
SHE ONLY HAS TWOOOOOO!!!

Korra doesn’t have her arm band, Amon’s jacket isn’t completely brown in the show, and no one speaks in rhyme.

THIS COMIC MUST BE BURNT FOR ITS INACCURACIES

Last edited Jul 08, 2012 at 04:13PM EDT
Jul 08, 2012 at 04:12PM EDT

Just popping in to say I finally downloaded and watched the Season finale (Ep11+12) of Korra and my opinion?

I thought it was great even though it seemed like the big reveal of Amon as Tarlokk’s brother was rather abrupt and never hinted at before (Unless I was dense and missed the signs) but that flashback sequence of Tarlokk’s childhood as well as THAT final scene sealed it as awesome.

Overall, Legend of Korra does have some problems (my main gripes are in animation and ESPECIALLY dialogue) but I hold it above Avatar the Last Airbender (which was an awesome show mind) and is definitely one of the best animated shows of the past 10 years.

Sorry if I was retreading some of the same topics as the past few pages. I haven’t been on the internet as often as I would have liked and avoided this thread due to spoilers :(

Jul 08, 2012 at 04:37PM EDT

Finally got around to getting the last 3 or 4 episodes of LoK on iTunes, and watched them.

I cried when Lin lost her bending, I died from the awesome of Iroh, Asami, and Bolin fucking the airstrip up, I got chills when Korra went avatar state, I sat in silence as Tarrlock suicided, and I decided that LoK is better than TLA, by far. Asami also kicked herself up to tie with Bolin and Lin for my favorite character, and I’m getting kind of pissed that I can’t decide who’s better.

Anyways, I haven’t popped into this thread in forever, so I won’t get caught up, and I’ll likely just lurk for a while instead of contributing or whatever.

Carry on.

Jul 08, 2012 at 05:13PM EDT

@pheonix

If you look back like 15-20 pages, about two months ago I guessed that Amon was a bloodbender and that he used that to sever the chi. I also guessed he was Tarloks brother and Yakones son. I guessed this after Tarrlok revealed he was a bloddbender.So it wasn’t abrupt for me. If anything, it wasn’t all that surprising, but I was so proud that I was right.
I’m surprised you liked LoK better that TLA. I remember that you said that TLA had better writing and I was under the impression you liked it better. Personally, I like them both about the same. Couldn’t pick one over the other.

Jul 08, 2012 at 05:35PM EDT

I don’t think I could ever pick which show is better xP

Theres been a lot of SokkaXToph in the gallery lately. I’m not complaining, actually I find some of the art to be rather nice. I’m just speculating, carry on.

Jul 08, 2012 at 06:18PM EDT

Wow, I’ve been gone for a week and you guys went a posted . . . a metric tonne of awesome stuff. I love you guys.

Jul 08, 2012 at 07:06PM EDT

Dac wrote:

@pheonix

If you look back like 15-20 pages, about two months ago I guessed that Amon was a bloodbender and that he used that to sever the chi. I also guessed he was Tarloks brother and Yakones son. I guessed this after Tarrlok revealed he was a bloddbender.So it wasn’t abrupt for me. If anything, it wasn’t all that surprising, but I was so proud that I was right.
I’m surprised you liked LoK better that TLA. I remember that you said that TLA had better writing and I was under the impression you liked it better. Personally, I like them both about the same. Couldn’t pick one over the other.

The specific area of writing I had a problem with is dialogue. Overall, I liked the plot and mature tone of Korra over TLA but I felt the dialogue (one of my favorite parts of any movie/TV show) was much better in TLA.

I’ll expound on this at a later date because I’m gonna rewatch TLA soon and I want to make sure that it isn’t the nostalgia goggles speaking.

Speaking of Bloodbending severing the ability to bend….Do you think a fire bender can do that with lightning bending? Like…using electricity to sever the nerves ability to bend or some shit?

I doubt they’ll expound on that though, what with Korra able to return people’s bending in the avatar state now.

Jul 08, 2012 at 07:32PM EDT

Platus wrote:

Wow, I’ve been gone for a week and you guys went a posted . . . a metric tonne of awesome stuff. I love you guys.

I was wondering where you went, Platus! Welcome back!
have a mind screw

Jul 08, 2012 at 08:25PM EDT

Crimson Locks wrote:

have a mind screw

Yah, I just returned today from a trip to Trieste, Italy. I was pretty cool, but I’m glad to be home.

Also, poor Suki.

Jul 08, 2012 at 08:31PM EDT

Crimson Locks wrote:

have a mind screw

Still not as corrupt as Zutara.

Jul 08, 2012 at 09:46PM EDT

Platus wrote:

Yah, I just returned today from a trip to Trieste, Italy. I was pretty cool, but I’m glad to be home.

Also, poor Suki.

Aww man, that sounds so cool!

I was a bit of a supporter of SokkaXToph at one point, but I’m gonna go ahead and say that SokkaXSuki is canon, which I am also completely ok with. If I am correct in my assumptions of canon, I wonder if Sokka and Suki had any kids?

Last edited Jul 08, 2012 at 10:31PM EDT
Jul 08, 2012 at 10:30PM EDT

Crimson Locks wrote:

… All of my dreams have been realized…

Lin has Aggron, Lucario and Steelix gg

Jul 09, 2012 at 12:22AM EDT

On another note, this video is so awesome! You guys might like it :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIBzyjS9_Yk

Jul 09, 2012 at 12:53AM EDT

Let me just embed that for you

Jul 09, 2012 at 01:42AM EDT

What a coincidence. Someone sended me this video a few days ago. Planning to crank up some views, hm?

Jul 09, 2012 at 01:32PM EDT

Platus wrote:

Also, poor Suki.

Heeeeeeeeeey, I was in Italy just a few days ago! Was it as hot as the setting in Dante’s Inferno for you? ’Cuz, wow, was it hot where I was!

Jul 09, 2012 at 04:53PM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

The specific area of writing I had a problem with is dialogue. Overall, I liked the plot and mature tone of Korra over TLA but I felt the dialogue (one of my favorite parts of any movie/TV show) was much better in TLA.

I’ll expound on this at a later date because I’m gonna rewatch TLA soon and I want to make sure that it isn’t the nostalgia goggles speaking.

Speaking of Bloodbending severing the ability to bend….Do you think a fire bender can do that with lightning bending? Like…using electricity to sever the nerves ability to bend or some shit?

I doubt they’ll expound on that though, what with Korra able to return people’s bending in the avatar state now.

I’ve never thought of firebending being used that like that, but I have thought of earth bender controlling the bones or Airbenders suffocating people by creating a vacuum or pulling air out of their lungs.

Jul 09, 2012 at 05:09PM EDT

Arlon The Serene (Free Cake) wrote:

Heeeeeeeeeey, I was in Italy just a few days ago! Was it as hot as the setting in Dante’s Inferno for you? ’Cuz, wow, was it hot where I was!

Yes. I sweated so much that I was worried that I was melting.

Were you anywhere near Trieste?

Also, check out this gif:

Last edited Jul 09, 2012 at 05:21PM EDT
Jul 09, 2012 at 05:20PM EDT

Crimson Locks wrote:

… All of my dreams have been realized…

Korra Pokemon is best Pokemon.

Too bad Tarrlok used Explode! didn’t make it in there.

Last edited Jul 09, 2012 at 06:00PM EDT
Jul 09, 2012 at 05:59PM EDT

Crimson Locks wrote:

have a mind screw

Jul 09, 2012 at 09:38PM EDT

Dac wrote:

I’ve never thought of firebending being used that like that, but I have thought of earth bender controlling the bones or Airbenders suffocating people by creating a vacuum or pulling air out of their lungs.

Actually, the analogy to blood bending, bone bending and…err Breathbending? Would be Heatbending a person’s body heat away from them, killing them through hypothermia.

That would be cool evil ability, a series of deaths in Republic city of acute hypothermia in Saunas and Iron foundries and other hot places and shit….All due to a powerful Firebending serial killer.

Last edited Jul 09, 2012 at 09:51PM EDT
Jul 09, 2012 at 09:51PM EDT

Okay, so I’m rewatching ATLA (all the episodes are available on Nick here if you didn’t catch my post on the last page), and I’ve noticed that Katara’s voice was higher than I remembered until episode 6 (When the Gaang discovers Haru), when her voice got deeper. Did they hire a new voice actor for that episode and onwards? Or did they purposely make Katara’s voice actor deepen her voice for the role?

Jul 09, 2012 at 09:51PM EDT

Platus wrote:

This is why I love cosplayers so much :http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/345858-avatar-the-last-airbender-the-legend-of-korra

I love whoever made this

Last edited Jul 09, 2012 at 10:30PM EDT
Jul 09, 2012 at 10:28PM EDT

Platus wrote:

Sadly, no. The closest I was to there was Venezia. And now I’m in Paris, at my computer while eating steak, rabbit and fingerling potatoes. Like a sir. And that .gif is awesome, mainly for Sokka’s quick flip at the end.

Jul 10, 2012 at 04:12AM EDT

Platus wrote:

nice cosplay there

Jul 10, 2012 at 06:55PM EDT

Myconix wrote:

Speaking of GanXingba, whatever happened to Avatar Abridged? I miss that show :c

Avatar Abridged was the greatest D:

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:11PM EDT

Myconix wrote:

Speaking of GanXingba, whatever happened to Avatar Abridged? I miss that show :c

From what I hear, he’s dealing with legal mumbo jumbo that’s keeping him from uploading it.

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:15PM EDT

Dac wrote:

Looks like are getting a book 3 and 4

source

Considering the ratings success of the show, it’s no surprise really. Just good business sense.

Jul 11, 2012 at 07:02PM EDT

Dac wrote:

Looks like are getting a book 3 and 4

source

That’s the best news I’ve heard all week

Anyways, I’m really excited to see the new Batman movie in a couple weeks

and also, this

Last edited Jul 11, 2012 at 08:21PM EDT
Jul 11, 2012 at 08:20PM EDT

So I was just lurking the thread, checking out all the shizz people are posting. I went back up to the top and it was only now I realize that Dac called me Onion soup. It’s been barely a month since I’ve joined up with KYM and I’m already being called names. :(

Anywho, thought I’d post this because of how unrelated my post would be without it

Jul 12, 2012 at 01:20PM EDT

Supposed art work for season two.

Jul 12, 2012 at 04:41PM EDT

Dac wrote:

Supposed art work for season two.

OMIGod u guise

ROAD TRIP!

Jul 12, 2012 at 05:24PM EDT

Piano wrote:

Okay, so I’m rewatching ATLA (all the episodes are available on Nick here if you didn’t catch my post on the last page), and I’ve noticed that Katara’s voice was higher than I remembered until episode 6 (When the Gaang discovers Haru), when her voice got deeper. Did they hire a new voice actor for that episode and onwards? Or did they purposely make Katara’s voice actor deepen her voice for the role?

Your hearing is just off

Jul 12, 2012 at 09:43PM EDT

Namaste! You must login or signup first!