Forums / General

195,723 total conversations in 5,389 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured
Avatar: TLA / Legend of Korra General

Last posted Jul 12, 2014 at 04:34PM EDT. Added Mar 20, 2012 at 11:11PM EDT
1,983 conversations with 81 participants

Dac wrote:

Be the leaf.

Be the get.

Jul 12, 2012 at 10:45PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

Looks like are getting a book 3 and 4

source

I hope they do better in these next few books.

@Teh Brawler:

NO YUO SCNA’T SEVEN THE EARSNOILK AM OFFOV YU CAN’T CEVEJH THE ;GHEARNING

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:12PM EDT
Quote

If I had the first wallpaper, she’d be looking right at my Minecraft icon. I guess she’s bored until the new update comes as much as I am.

Jul 13, 2012 at 07:22AM EDT
Quote

what dose everyone one think about dragons here i mean the got to be alive there would no reason to kill them after the war ended i just wonder what happened to them

Jul 13, 2012 at 07:30PM EDT
Quote

UnderWaterTree wrote:

what dose everyone one think about dragons here i mean the got to be alive there would no reason to kill them after the war ended i just wonder what happened to them

*What does everyone think about dragons. I mean, they have to be alive. There would be no reason to kill them after the war ended. I just wonder about what happened to them.

To answer your question, killing dragons was a sort of sport in the Fire Nation. If one could slay a dragon, they would be considered an ultimate master, able to overcome even the original firebenders. They all went extinct because of this (except for the two that were harbored by those Aztec-like firebenders), with the last one reportedly being slayed by Iroh.

Jul 13, 2012 at 08:40PM EDT
Quote

Piano wrote:


I’VE BEEN LURKING THIS ENTIRE TIME >:D

Last edited Jul 13, 2012 at 09:55PM EDT
Jul 13, 2012 at 09:55PM EDT
Quote

Myconix wrote:


I’VE BEEN LURKING THIS ENTIRE TIME >:D

YOU RASCAL

Jul 13, 2012 at 10:34PM EDT
Quote

UnderWaterTree wrote:

what dose everyone one think about dragons here i mean the got to be alive there would no reason to kill them after the war ended i just wonder what happened to them

Jul 14, 2012 at 01:13AM EDT
Quote

BIG NEWS!

(Hope this isn’t a repost…)

Announced and SDCC, LoK has been renewed for a total of 4 seasons for 26 additional episodes which means they’ll be 52 episodes in total! Also, Book 2 has been named, “Spirits” not going in the one element per book like the original series.

Some concept art for Book 2 – Spirits, shows the southern water tribe, southern air temple and the spirit world as the book’s name would suggest. Chracter designs for Buumi and Kya were shown and Korra’s family is planned to have a more important role in the book.

This book takes place six months after the end of the first one. In that time, Mako has become a Republic City Policeman, Asami has taken over her father’s Future Industries and Bolin is “struggling to find himself” and apparently is assembling a new pro-bender team.

Finally, a clip shown featured Korra racing against Tenzin’s kids on air-scooter on Air Temple Island, using the Avatar form to beat them. Meaning, Korra can activate it at will.

Source – IGN

My apologies if this is a repost, I haven’t been playing attention to the thread recently. If so, enjoy this image -

Jul 14, 2012 at 03:00AM EDT
Quote


Hi-res photo of the sdcc poster. I fucking love This show…

Last edited Jul 14, 2012 at 09:42AM EDT
Jul 14, 2012 at 09:41AM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:


Hi-res photo of the sdcc poster. I fucking love This show…


This pleases me.

Last edited Jul 14, 2012 at 12:16PM EDT
Jul 14, 2012 at 12:11PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:


Hi-res photo of the sdcc poster. I fucking love This show…

Something is wrong with older Zuko’s hairstyle. Don’t think I like it all that much.

Jul 14, 2012 at 01:06PM EDT
Quote

Arlon The Serene (Free Cake) wrote:

Something is wrong with older Zuko’s hairstyle. Don’t think I like it all that much.

I think we have to have a talk with zuko… About his hair! It’s gone too far!
Serouisly though, I like it.

Jul 14, 2012 at 01:19PM EDT
Quote

Teh Brawler wrote:

1. What exactly is SDCC?

2. I WAS SHIPPING BOSAMI BEFORE ANY OF YOU GOT ANY IDEAS

1. South Dartmoor Community College, Secure Direct Client-to-Client, San Diego Comic-Con, Small Device C Compiler…
2.

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:10PM EDT
Quote

I hope they can fix/redeem some of the mistakes they made in the first season :\

Jul 14, 2012 at 11:39PM EDT
Quote

So, I’ve also been gone a week. Except my trip wasn’t to the beautiful Adriatic coast of Italy. No, I spend the last six days in the middle of Ocala National Forest, in a humid, bug-infested campground, consumed with melancholy and hate.

It wasn’t all bad, though. I read Slaughterhouse-Five. Great book. You guys should give it a look.

Anyway, I’d like to discuss potential locations for the next season. That concept art sure got me thinking, and I can’t stand for our crew to stay stuck in that damn city for another season. Thoughts, anyone?

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:43AM EDT
Quote

Teh Brawler wrote:

1. What exactly is SDCC?

2. I WAS SHIPPING BOSAMI BEFORE ANY OF YOU GOT ANY IDEAS

San Diego comic con.
Hand in your geek card now motherfucker.

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:50AM EDT
Quote

I still really, REALLY hope they give us more information on the first series. Honestly, I would’ve preferred they keep the old characters. No offense, Korra, I just like your past life better.

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:56AM EDT
Quote

Fridge Logic wrote:

So, I’ve also been gone a week. Except my trip wasn’t to the beautiful Adriatic coast of Italy. No, I spend the last six days in the middle of Ocala National Forest, in a humid, bug-infested campground, consumed with melancholy and hate.

It wasn’t all bad, though. I read Slaughterhouse-Five. Great book. You guys should give it a look.

Anyway, I’d like to discuss potential locations for the next season. That concept art sure got me thinking, and I can’t stand for our crew to stay stuck in that damn city for another season. Thoughts, anyone?

One of the concept arts pics reminded me of the lion turtle.


In the concept art, in between the rocks and trees, you can see two straight parallel lines. Mabye its one of the scales.

Jul 15, 2012 at 01:12AM EDT
Quote

Cyber6x wrote:

BIG NEWS!

(Hope this isn’t a repost…)

Announced and SDCC, LoK has been renewed for a total of 4 seasons for 26 additional episodes which means they’ll be 52 episodes in total! Also, Book 2 has been named, “Spirits” not going in the one element per book like the original series.

Some concept art for Book 2 – Spirits, shows the southern water tribe, southern air temple and the spirit world as the book’s name would suggest. Chracter designs for Buumi and Kya were shown and Korra’s family is planned to have a more important role in the book.

This book takes place six months after the end of the first one. In that time, Mako has become a Republic City Policeman, Asami has taken over her father’s Future Industries and Bolin is “struggling to find himself” and apparently is assembling a new pro-bender team.

Finally, a clip shown featured Korra racing against Tenzin’s kids on air-scooter on Air Temple Island, using the Avatar form to beat them. Meaning, Korra can activate it at will.

Source – IGN

My apologies if this is a repost, I haven’t been playing attention to the thread recently. If so, enjoy this image -

I can’t believe a lot of posts has passed and nobody brought up what probably is the most baffling thing you said.

MAKO, a fire bender, joined up with the metal-bending police force?

Jul 15, 2012 at 08:53AM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

One of the concept arts pics reminded me of the lion turtle.


In the concept art, in between the rocks and trees, you can see two straight parallel lines. Mabye its one of the scales.

From what the Comic-Con info says, I think that might be the spirit world.

Also, no more Fire Ferrets makes me a sad panda.

How sad? This sad:

Last edited Jul 15, 2012 at 09:06AM EDT
Jul 15, 2012 at 09:04AM EDT
Quote

This is the concept art for the spirit world.

Jul 15, 2012 at 09:19AM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

This is the concept art for the spirit world.

It looks like a more temperate version of the OTHER avatar.

Last edited Jul 15, 2012 at 12:53PM EDT
Jul 15, 2012 at 12:53PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

This is the concept art for the spirit world.

Reminds me of Felucia, from Star Wars.

Jul 15, 2012 at 01:33PM EDT
Quote

Cyber6x wrote:

BIG NEWS!

(Hope this isn’t a repost…)

Announced and SDCC, LoK has been renewed for a total of 4 seasons for 26 additional episodes which means they’ll be 52 episodes in total! Also, Book 2 has been named, “Spirits” not going in the one element per book like the original series.

Some concept art for Book 2 – Spirits, shows the southern water tribe, southern air temple and the spirit world as the book’s name would suggest. Chracter designs for Buumi and Kya were shown and Korra’s family is planned to have a more important role in the book.

This book takes place six months after the end of the first one. In that time, Mako has become a Republic City Policeman, Asami has taken over her father’s Future Industries and Bolin is “struggling to find himself” and apparently is assembling a new pro-bender team.

Finally, a clip shown featured Korra racing against Tenzin’s kids on air-scooter on Air Temple Island, using the Avatar form to beat them. Meaning, Korra can activate it at will.

Source – IGN

My apologies if this is a repost, I haven’t been playing attention to the thread recently. If so, enjoy this image -

I like everything I see here, except that Bolin will be trying to “find himself” and make another pro bending team. That could turn out to be really annoying, and I don’t want Bolin to become an annoying character ;__; Although, this may also be a chance to make him a much stronger and more important character. Avatar writers, don’t let me down.

@SDCC poster God dammit! Why is everybody making me jealous about not going to ComiCon!?

I need this to make me happy again

Jul 15, 2012 at 09:21PM EDT
Quote

Cyber6x wrote:

BIG NEWS!

(Hope this isn’t a repost…)

Announced and SDCC, LoK has been renewed for a total of 4 seasons for 26 additional episodes which means they’ll be 52 episodes in total! Also, Book 2 has been named, “Spirits” not going in the one element per book like the original series.

Some concept art for Book 2 – Spirits, shows the southern water tribe, southern air temple and the spirit world as the book’s name would suggest. Chracter designs for Buumi and Kya were shown and Korra’s family is planned to have a more important role in the book.

This book takes place six months after the end of the first one. In that time, Mako has become a Republic City Policeman, Asami has taken over her father’s Future Industries and Bolin is “struggling to find himself” and apparently is assembling a new pro-bender team.

Finally, a clip shown featured Korra racing against Tenzin’s kids on air-scooter on Air Temple Island, using the Avatar form to beat them. Meaning, Korra can activate it at will.

Source – IGN

My apologies if this is a repost, I haven’t been playing attention to the thread recently. If so, enjoy this image -

JESUS, 4 more seasons?

Okay granted, 52 eps isn’t far off from the TLA, but still, damn that’s a lot.

Jul 15, 2012 at 10:53PM EDT
Quote

Takashi.0 wrote:

JESUS, 4 more seasons?

Okay granted, 52 eps isn’t far off from the TLA, but still, damn that’s a lot.

I am completely ok with so many episodes :D

Jul 15, 2012 at 11:03PM EDT
Quote

Takashi.0 wrote:

JESUS, 4 more seasons?

Okay granted, 52 eps isn’t far off from the TLA, but still, damn that’s a lot.

I’m fairly certain that TLA has exactly 52 episodes, according to Netflix, which stacks up a few of the two-parters.

Jul 15, 2012 at 11:32PM EDT
Quote

Takashi.0 wrote:

JESUS, 4 more seasons?

Okay granted, 52 eps isn’t far off from the TLA, but still, damn that’s a lot.

Apologies, I meant it was renewed for 3 more seasons for a total of 4 seasons (aka: Books).
Still the same amount of episodes though.

Last edited Jul 16, 2012 at 12:28AM EDT
Jul 16, 2012 at 12:18AM EDT
Quote

@Platus That’s some thread derailment if I’ve ever seen it xD

Perhaps this means a Marvel Superheroes General needs to be made?

Jul 16, 2012 at 12:48AM EDT
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

@Platus That’s some thread derailment if I’ve ever seen it xD

Perhaps this means a Marvel Superheroes General needs to be made?

Actually, I was planning to use that image as a segue into talking about my Bolin/Iron Man slash fic.

Jul 16, 2012 at 12:52AM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

Totally unrelated JPEG!

We can do that?

Jul 16, 2012 at 02:19AM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

I can’t BEAR how pad of a pun I just made.

Jul 16, 2012 at 02:21AM EDT
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

@Platus That’s some thread derailment if I’ve ever seen it xD

Perhaps this means a Marvel Superheroes General needs to be made?

I don’t know if one was made, but it might be a little late, seeing as The Avengers came out months ago and SDCC has come and passed. Course, if one was made, I wouldn’t hesitate to participate.

wink wink nudge nudge

Jul 16, 2012 at 09:03AM EDT
Quote

So I think this:

-

makes a very good point.

Although this point is meaningless to me because Bolin is gorgeous.

Jul 16, 2012 at 12:08PM EDT
Quote

404 user not found wrote:

How do you guys think Amon took away peoples bending with his blood bending?

Jul 16, 2012 at 01:49PM EDT
Quote

404 user not found wrote:

How do you guys think Amon took away peoples bending with his blood bending?

An advanced form of chi-blocking.

Jul 16, 2012 at 01:58PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

An advanced form of chi-blocking.

Thats what i was thinking. I’m pretty sure hes using chi blocking to block the chakras most associated with each element, thats why Korra could still air bend after she lost her earth, fire, and water bending.

Jul 16, 2012 at 03:34PM EDT
Quote

Word Up! You must login or signup first!