Forums / Discussion / General

168,600 total conversations in 5,401 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured
Avatar: TLA / Legend of Korra General

Last posted Jul 24, 2014 at 03:02PM EDT. Added Mar 20, 2012 at 11:11PM EDT
2007 posts from 83 users

I’m going to make a shipping master post, so you can all know the proper names for all the ships:

Korra + Mako = Makorra
Korra + Bolin = Borra
Mako + Asami = Masami
Bolin + Asami = Bosami
Korra + Mako + Bolin = Makorralin
Mako + Bolin = Makolin
Korra + Asami = Kosami
Jinora + Skoochy = Jinoochy
Korra + Tahno = Tahnorra
Korra + Howl = Howrra

For anyone wondering who Howl is, he’s a fandom made character, like Figwit from LOTR. He’s the guard from the first episode that let’s Korra out of the compound to take Naga for a ride.

And yes, some of these ships are… strange… but they’re all legit. At least in the fandom’s sick and twisted mind. Let me know if I missed any.

Last edited May 08, 2012 at 09:54PM EDT
May 08, 2012 at 08:01PM EDT
Quote

Doc wrote:

I’m going to make a shipping master post, so you can all know the proper names for all the ships:

Korra + Mako = Makorra
Korra + Bolin = Borra
Mako + Asami = Masami
Bolin + Asami = Bosami
Korra + Mako + Bolin = Makorralin
Mako + Bolin = Makolin
Korra + Asami = Kosami
Jinora + Skoochy = Jinoochy
Korra + Tahno = Tahnorra
Korra + Howl = Howrra

For anyone wondering who Howl is, he’s a fandom made character, like Figwit from LOTR. He’s the guard from the first episode that let’s Korra out of the compound to take Naga for a ride.

And yes, some of these ships are… strange… but they’re all legit. At least in the fandom’s sick and twisted mind. Let me know if I missed any.

Let’s see how far I can push this . . .

Korra + Mako + Bolin + Asami = Komakoliami

Korra + Mako + Bolin + Asami + Howl + Skoochy = Skowlamikoko

Korra + Mako + Bolin + Asami + Howl + Skoochy + Aang + Katara + Naga = Howkoochaataragakorakobolami

Korra + Mako + Bolin + Asami + Howl + Skoochy + Aang + Katara + Naga + Zuko + Toph = Zukphowkoochaankatagamibokoko

Ten internets for whoever can draw the last one.

Last edited May 08, 2012 at 08:13PM EDT
May 08, 2012 at 08:12PM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

Let’s see how far I can push this . . .

Korra + Mako + Bolin + Asami = Komakoliami

Korra + Mako + Bolin + Asami + Howl + Skoochy = Skowlamikoko

Korra + Mako + Bolin + Asami + Howl + Skoochy + Aang + Katara + Naga = Howkoochaataragakorakobolami

Korra + Mako + Bolin + Asami + Howl + Skoochy + Aang + Katara + Naga + Zuko + Toph = Zukphowkoochaankatagamibokoko

Ten internets for whoever can draw the last one.

This is absurd.

This is worse than Harry Potter and Friendship is Magic shipping put together.

May 08, 2012 at 08:29PM EDT
Quote

It is pretty awesome, I have seen every episode of the previous Avatar (excused myself on the awful film adaptation).

Now then, it takes some getting used to, but so far so good! Nickelodeon finally made another show I can watch without blowing my brains out! :D

May 08, 2012 at 08:35PM EDT
Quote

I must say that they are doing a pretty good job with it so far. My only gripe is that, in my opinion, it is going a bit too quickly, and that the backgrounds/architecture look like crap >.>

Other than that though, it’s awesome, and I can kind of forgive the bad background since, from what I understand, they were trying to get the episodes done before a deadline and weren’t even sure if Nickelodeon would like it.

Also, COMMENCE SLIGHTLY DISTURBING FAN SHIPS!

May 08, 2012 at 08:45PM EDT
Quote

ConnerABacon wrote:

I must say that they are doing a pretty good job with it so far. My only gripe is that, in my opinion, it is going a bit too quickly, and that the backgrounds/architecture look like crap >.>

Other than that though, it’s awesome, and I can kind of forgive the bad background since, from what I understand, they were trying to get the episodes done before a deadline and weren’t even sure if Nickelodeon would like it.

Also, COMMENCE SLIGHTLY DISTURBING FAN SHIPS!

and that the backgrounds/architecture look like crap

You’re going to have to explain this one, since these are some of the most detailed and well-composed backgrounds I’ve ever seen in American animation.

May 08, 2012 at 11:19PM EDT
Quote

Teh Brawler wrote:

and that the backgrounds/architecture look like crap

You’re going to have to explain this one, since these are some of the most detailed and well-composed backgrounds I’ve ever seen in American animation.

I meant in comparison to the original series, not in general. I found the backgrounds to be nicer in the original series than in LoK

May 08, 2012 at 11:23PM EDT
Quote

ConnerABacon wrote:

I meant in comparison to the original series, not in general. I found the backgrounds to be nicer in the original series than in LoK

Oh, well, in that case, never mind. I still don’t completely agree, but that makes much more sense.

May 08, 2012 at 11:24PM EDT
Quote

and that the backgrounds/architecture look like crap






…what

May 09, 2012 at 12:34AM EDT
Quote

I’m really surprised this hasn’t been posted yet.

May 09, 2012 at 12:41AM EDT
Quote

Teh Brawler wrote:

Image dump.

You people are going to turn me into a shipper.

May 09, 2012 at 01:22AM EDT
Quote

Doc wrote:

I’m going to make a shipping master post, so you can all know the proper names for all the ships:

Korra + Mako = Makorra
Korra + Bolin = Borra
Mako + Asami = Masami
Bolin + Asami = Bosami
Korra + Mako + Bolin = Makorralin
Mako + Bolin = Makolin
Korra + Asami = Kosami
Jinora + Skoochy = Jinoochy
Korra + Tahno = Tahnorra
Korra + Howl = Howrra

For anyone wondering who Howl is, he’s a fandom made character, like Figwit from LOTR. He’s the guard from the first episode that let’s Korra out of the compound to take Naga for a ride.

And yes, some of these ships are… strange… but they’re all legit. At least in the fandom’s sick and twisted mind. Let me know if I missed any.

In case people still don’t understand, Howl is an acronym for Hot Order (of the) White Lotus (guy).

(if it’s still a bit too crazy, it helps me to remember that Avatards were flamewarring years before FiM. Although you probably knew this already.)

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 01:32AM EDT
May 09, 2012 at 01:27AM EDT
Quote

Fridge wrote:

This is absurd.

This is worse than Harry Potter and Friendship is Magic shipping put together.

Korra + Mako + Bolin + Asami + Howl + Skoochy + Aang + Katara + Naga + Zuko + Toph + Twilight Sparkle + Pinkie + Harry + Hermione = Pinkormioneboamioochaangowlarakophagarkle

May 09, 2012 at 01:31AM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

Korra + Mako + Bolin + Asami + Howl + Skoochy + Aang + Katara + Naga + Zuko + Toph + Twilight Sparkle + Pinkie + Harry + Hermione = Pinkormioneboamioochaangowlarakophagarkle

This is your masterpiece.

May 09, 2012 at 03:28AM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

Korra + Mako + Bolin + Asami + Howl + Skoochy + Aang + Katara + Naga + Zuko + Toph + Twilight Sparkle + Pinkie + Harry + Hermione = Pinkormioneboamioochaangowlarakophagarkle

I ship it.

May 09, 2012 at 09:39AM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

Korra + Mako + Bolin + Asami + Howl + Skoochy + Aang + Katara + Naga + Zuko + Toph + Twilight Sparkle + Pinkie + Harry + Hermione = Pinkormioneboamioochaangowlarakophagarkle

May 09, 2012 at 10:37AM EDT
Quote

Question: Could redirect lightning work in real life? I mean, it’s not a bending technique + it would be awesome.

Also

May 09, 2012 at 12:54PM EDT
Quote

Erwinator wrote:

Question: Could redirect lightning work in real life? I mean, it’s not a bending technique + it would be awesome.

Also

Well, the human body is somewhat conductive to electricity, so yes. You can redirect lighting.

However, you would suffer incredible damage to your heart and all organs that the electricity passes through though and most likely you will die.

It’s kind of like holding the ends of two live wires of electricity and using your body as a human electric tape.

May 09, 2012 at 02:51PM EDT
Quote

burning_phoneix wrote:

Well, the human body is somewhat conductive to electricity, so yes. You can redirect lighting.

However, you would suffer incredible damage to your heart and all organs that the electricity passes through though and most likely you will die.

It’s kind of like holding the ends of two live wires of electricity and using your body as a human electric tape.

Technically, that wouldn’t do a thing on it’s own. If you’re just finishing the current, or making a brand new one, you’re not going to suffer any damage because the electricity is equal on both ends, and therefore can flow easily.

It’s when you ground the electricity by touching a conduit that has less charge to it that you’re screwed.

May 09, 2012 at 03:11PM EDT
Quote

I can’t help but feel that Asami Sato has an ulterior motive…

You don’t just crash into a famous athlete by chance, then go on a date and fund his career. Plus she’s being awfully lovey with him…

Idk, may just be paranoid, but I just can’t help but be suspicious.

May 09, 2012 at 04:38PM EDT
Quote

Teh Brawler wrote:

Technically, that wouldn’t do a thing on it’s own. If you’re just finishing the current, or making a brand new one, you’re not going to suffer any damage because the electricity is equal on both ends, and therefore can flow easily.

It’s when you ground the electricity by touching a conduit that has less charge to it that you’re screwed.

Well, the Human body isn’t a 100% good conductor for electricity so a lot of the energy will be lost via heat. Copper wires lose nearly 40% of the energy through heat…..imagine how much your body will lose….in heat. You’ll fry yourself.

May 10, 2012 at 02:44PM EDT
Quote

Teh Brawler wrote:

inb4 engorgement pics.

Huh?

May 10, 2012 at 02:48PM EDT
Quote

Piano wrote:

Huh?

He linked to a 4Chan thread, and I always associate 4Chan and fandom discussion with engorgement pics.

May 10, 2012 at 03:02PM EDT
Quote

burning_phoneix wrote:

Well, the Human body isn’t a 100% good conductor for electricity so a lot of the energy will be lost via heat. Copper wires lose nearly 40% of the energy through heat…..imagine how much your body will lose….in heat. You’ll fry yourself.

That’s a bit theoretical, but I don’t know enough about the process to actually argue the point.

May 10, 2012 at 03:03PM EDT
Quote

Piano wrote:


OH GOD.

CANNOT UNSEE THIS EVERY TIME I WATCH IT NOW.

AAAAHHHHHHH

May 10, 2012 at 04:22PM EDT
Quote

ConnerABacon wrote:

OH GOD.

CANNOT UNSEE THIS EVERY TIME I WATCH IT NOW.

AAAAHHHHHHH

May 10, 2012 at 04:36PM EDT
Quote

In other news:

My dad made the comment that Korra is built like a porn star.

wat.

Last edited May 10, 2012 at 07:36PM EDT
May 10, 2012 at 07:35PM EDT
Quote

ConnerABacon wrote:

In other news:

My dad made the comment that Korra is built like a porn star.

wat.

According to TV Tropes (I CAN’T FIND THE QUOTE FOR THE LIFE OF ME), 4Chan did some very NSFW research and concluded that Korra would wear in real life a 32C cup size.

Girl’s got some knockers.

May 11, 2012 at 01:44AM EDT
Quote

ConnerABacon wrote:

In other news:

My dad made the comment that Korra is built like a porn star.

wat.

That is an amazing gif. I shall repay you in kind:

May 11, 2012 at 01:45AM EDT
Quote

Teh Brawler wrote:

That’s a bit theoretical, but I don’t know enough about the process to actually argue the point.

Well all I took was a basic electric engineering course before I flunked out of Engineering school (I did pass EE though) so I wouldn’t consider myself an expert. If someone else can come in and dispel any errors I made that would be grand.

Also, spoilery preview of next episode:

http://www.mediafire.com/?fm8bg4q3vt81g6k

May 11, 2012 at 11:32AM EDT
Quote

Cyber6x wrote:

Ba dum tsh

So… what’s the deal with benders?

May 11, 2012 at 12:57PM EDT
Quote

Erwinator wrote:

So… what’s the deal with benders?

You know, they’re all flying around, doing bending and stuff. Am I right? And don’t even get me started on airship food!

Last edited May 11, 2012 at 01:11PM EDT
May 11, 2012 at 01:10PM EDT
Quote

Erwinator wrote:

So… what’s the deal with benders?

They’re all the scum of the earth and should have their bending forcefully ripped from their bodies.

cue laugh track

May 11, 2012 at 01:11PM EDT
Quote

Erwinator wrote:

So… what’s the deal with benders?

May 11, 2012 at 01:13PM EDT
Quote

Oh god, I just discovered Zukka shipping. I think this is the first time I’ve considered a ship nearly crossing the line.

May 11, 2012 at 01:23PM EDT
Quote

Piano wrote:

Oh god, I just discovered Zukka shipping. I think this is the first time I’ve considered a ship nearly crossing the line.

May 11, 2012 at 03:00PM EDT
Quote

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

Zukka?

Let me guess…

Zuko and Korra?

Zuko and Sokka.

May 11, 2012 at 03:46PM EDT
Quote

Hello! You must login or signup first!