195,506 total conversations in 5,381 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Avatar: TLA / Legend of Korra General

Last posted Jun 29, 2014 at 09:13PM EDT. Added Mar 20, 2012 at 11:11PM EDT
1,981 conversations with 81 participants

Teh Brawler wrote:

You’re from Texas, you’ll talk like it.

Besides, the spell check in Google Chrome didn’t question it.

Trusting a computer to do your dirty work. Teh Brawler will fall to the robots when they start their uprising.

May 24, 2012 at 06:46PM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

You’re from Texas, you’ll talk like it.

Besides, the spell check in Google Chrome didn’t question it.

I’m from Texas, and I don’t talk like that. Although I do say “y’all” and “howdy” a lot…

On an unrelated note:

Last edited May 24, 2012 at 07:18PM EDT
May 24, 2012 at 07:17PM EDT

Fridge Logic wrote:

AW HELL NAW!

Ha!Ha!Ha!

Oh, the rum is making that so funny!

May 24, 2012 at 11:02PM EDT

Glad to see Korra fans here! The original series is one of my favorite shows ever, of both animated and not, and I am loving the new series as well.

Sad there’s no new episode this Saturday, I’m going crazy waiting for what happens next. O_O

May 25, 2012 at 12:15AM EDT

So no episodes this week..but there will be episodes next week…anyone have details on any future episode gaps?

May 25, 2012 at 12:24AM EDT

Yes, June 2nd there will be a new episode, to be titled “When Extremes Meet”. I am not sure about any future episode gaps, this one is happening due to Memorial Day weekend.

Keep in mind though that the first season is only 12 episodes, so the gap between seasons may be long.

EDIT: to answer the bending question on the other page, I would most definitely be a Waterbender. It suits my personality best and I love style and the versatility of it. You can bend and create snow, ice, steam, and mist, as well as bend pretty much any liquid, and of course there’s the beneficial healing aspect. Second would probably be Airbending, followed by Firebending, and Earthbending last. I’m not nearly as bad ass as Lin or Toph, haha.

Last edited May 25, 2012 at 12:39AM EDT
May 25, 2012 at 12:29AM EDT

ThatGirlKate wrote:

Yes, June 2nd there will be a new episode, to be titled “When Extremes Meet”. I am not sure about any future episode gaps, this one is happening due to Memorial Day weekend.

Keep in mind though that the first season is only 12 episodes, so the gap between seasons may be long.

EDIT: to answer the bending question on the other page, I would most definitely be a Waterbender. It suits my personality best and I love style and the versatility of it. You can bend and create snow, ice, steam, and mist, as well as bend pretty much any liquid, and of course there’s the beneficial healing aspect. Second would probably be Airbending, followed by Firebending, and Earthbending last. I’m not nearly as bad ass as Lin or Toph, haha.

You can create snow as a waterbender? I’ve never seen that in the show.

May 25, 2012 at 01:18AM EDT

Erwinator wrote:

Well, snow is just flakes of ice. Maybe if you made the water into a mist first and then froze it, you might get snow to come out.

May 25, 2012 at 01:20AM EDT

So guys, which do you like better?

Avatar: The Last Airbender or Avatar: The Legend of Korra?

May 25, 2012 at 01:59AM EDT

Chris wrote:

You sadist.

May 25, 2012 at 02:04AM EDT

Chris wrote:

Do not make me choose.

May 25, 2012 at 02:08AM EDT

Chris wrote:

I’ll go with Legend of Korra. Loving the more mature story telling. But Last Airbender was kickass as well.

Erwinator wrote:

Well it was shown that you can make ice, so snow shouldn’t be too hard.

May 25, 2012 at 02:14AM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

Look at my name and user icon.

Take a guess.

FIRE ALL GAMES EVERY GAME!

Water then? That’s a good choice.

May 25, 2012 at 02:18AM EDT

Erwinator wrote:

Yes you can. :) Sort of, anyway. Aang does it in “Sokka’s Master”, with a little help from his Airbending.

Link to screencaps

There’s a lot of screencaps so here’s a link to the page they’re on xD; A native Waterbender hasn’t been shown making snow, so I’m not sure if it can be done without Airbending assistance, but a I don’t see why it wouldn’t be possible. A highly advanced one could probably do it.

Last edited May 25, 2012 at 11:20AM EDT
May 25, 2012 at 11:10AM EDT

ThatGirlKate wrote:

Yes you can. :) Sort of, anyway. Aang does it in “Sokka’s Master”, with a little help from his Airbending.

Link to screencaps

There’s a lot of screencaps so here’s a link to the page they’re on xD; A native Waterbender hasn’t been shown making snow, so I’m not sure if it can be done without Airbending assistance, but a I don’t see why it wouldn’t be possible. A highly advanced one could probably do it.

I thought it were ashes.

Anyway, my best show would be The Last Airbender. I was just more hooked to the show and EXTREMELY HYPED. Back then I knew almost all the characters ever been on the show and most of the animals, plus eastern references and other stuff (did you know the firebender tank looks like a tank of WW I?) I’m still watching all Korra episodes, but as always: it’s hard to make a sequel that can compete with the original. My favourite will always be the first series.

May 25, 2012 at 12:43PM EDT

So, speaking of avatar-related exploitables, which we were totally doing:

This is totally thing now, as well.

May 26, 2012 at 03:21PM EDT

So, guise, what did you think of the new OH WAIT NEVER MIND

May 28, 2012 at 02:33AM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

So, guise, what did you think of the new OH WAIT NEVER MIND

Disregard episodes. Require funnies.

May 28, 2012 at 12:55PM EDT

Bryan Konietzko said on his Tumblr that next week’s episode is gonna be a real doozy.
A real
doozy
guiz

May 28, 2012 at 04:09PM EDT

Doc wrote:

Bryan Konietzko said on his Tumblr that next week’s episode is gonna be a real doozy.
A real
doozy
guiz

I saw that post

It also said he was vegan. I’m tempted to ask him if he went to vegan academy and got psychic powers, but I don’t know if he’d get the reference, and/or if he’d get offended.

May 28, 2012 at 04:41PM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

I saw that post

It also said he was vegan. I’m tempted to ask him if he went to vegan academy and got psychic powers, but I don’t know if he’d get the reference, and/or if he’d get offended.

That’s alright man, I got the reference. Cheers.

May 28, 2012 at 09:53PM EDT

Platus wrote:

That’s alright man, I got the reference. Cheers.

You aren’t British. Only British people are allowed to say “cheers.”

May 28, 2012 at 10:00PM EDT

Piano wrote:

You aren’t British. Only British people are allowed to say “cheers.”

Television begs to differ, mate.

Last edited May 28, 2012 at 10:23PM EDT
May 28, 2012 at 10:23PM EDT

Platus wrote:

Television begs to differ, mate.

CHEERS IS ONLY FOR THE BRITISH
THIS IS NOT AN OPINION
THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE
NOT TO BE DEBATED
GOOD DAY SIR

May 28, 2012 at 10:25PM EDT

Piano wrote:

CHEERS IS ONLY FOR THE BRITISH
THIS IS NOT AN OPINION
THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE
NOT TO BE DEBATED
GOOD DAY SIR

But I’m not saying “cheers” as in the greeting, I’m saying “cheers” as in Cher’s name with the E dragged out a little bit. It’s a common Canadian idiom – you probably haven’t heard about it.

May 28, 2012 at 10:39PM EDT

Platus wrote:

But I’m not saying “cheers” as in the greeting, I’m saying “cheers” as in Cher’s name with the E dragged out a little bit. It’s a common Canadian idiom – you probably haven’t heard about it.

I would argue with you, but don’t know enough about Canada to do so.

May 28, 2012 at 10:44PM EDT

SO GUYS LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT HOMESTUCK KORRA

May 28, 2012 at 10:55PM EDT

ThatGirlKate wrote:

LOL I’ve seen these
Rufftoon is awesome

He/she (I think she) sure is

May 29, 2012 at 01:54PM EDT

Found this on Reddit:

Seeing this, I now think they’re really rushing things on the show. It took three seasons for that scene to take place in The Last Airbender, for the emotions to fester, and on LoK they did it all in the fourth episode. To me, that’s just mediocre storytelling.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not ragging on the show, I just think they should take it slow.

May 29, 2012 at 07:23PM EDT

Fridge Logic wrote:

Found this on Reddit:

Seeing this, I now think they’re really rushing things on the show. It took three seasons for that scene to take place in The Last Airbender, for the emotions to fester, and on LoK they did it all in the fourth episode. To me, that’s just mediocre storytelling.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not ragging on the show, I just think they should take it slow.

They don’t have much of a choice. Currently there are only 26 episodes ordered, so I imagine they’re pretty stressed about trying to make a good story happen within that tight framework.

May 29, 2012 at 07:47PM EDT

Erwinator wrote:

He/she (I think she) sure is

yep, she. :) Her real name is Johanne :)

In other news, there was a new episode 8 clip released today! Link goes to a Tumblr post.

May 29, 2012 at 11:37PM EDT

Fridge Logic wrote:

Found this on Reddit:

Teenagers move faster on these things compared to Children :P

EDIT: Let me explain my position a bit more:

The only criteria you’re judging these romances by is time? That’s an awfully poor metric, either by screen time (if all romances took 3 seasons worth of content, no movie would have romance elements at all) or in universe time.

The Aang gang were on a mission to save a world that he abandoned over 100 years ago, there was very little time for romance on a world spanning adventure where entire national armies were waging war and hunting down the Avatar. But Korra? She’s in training in one city only and has free time to hang out with friends like Bolin and Mako and participate in Sporting events. Not to mention that Korra and co are older than the previous generation, which moves things a bit..err…faster. Aang and Katara never had to deal with a love triangle either (Fanshippings do not count), they could take their time with their feelings.

All relationships are different and have different aspects to them and that includes time. To compare them directly to others is, in my humble opinion, an error in the judging of storytelling.

Last edited May 30, 2012 at 12:58AM EDT
May 30, 2012 at 12:23AM EDT

Andrew Hussie, creator of Homestuck, has been watching The Last Airbender.

May 30, 2012 at 04:08PM EDT

THREE DAYS GUYS

THREE DAYS

I CAN’T CONTAIN THE FANGASMS THEY’RE ALL OVER THE COUCH AND EVERYTHING

May 30, 2012 at 05:32PM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

THREE DAYS GUYS

THREE DAYS

I CAN’T CONTAIN THE FANGASMS THEY’RE ALL OVER THE COUCH AND EVERYTHING

Three days you say?

May 30, 2012 at 09:38PM EDT

Platus wrote:

Three days you say?

To shreds, you say?

May 30, 2012 at 10:21PM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

Teenagers move faster on these things compared to Children :P

EDIT: Let me explain my position a bit more:

The only criteria you’re judging these romances by is time? That’s an awfully poor metric, either by screen time (if all romances took 3 seasons worth of content, no movie would have romance elements at all) or in universe time.

The Aang gang were on a mission to save a world that he abandoned over 100 years ago, there was very little time for romance on a world spanning adventure where entire national armies were waging war and hunting down the Avatar. But Korra? She’s in training in one city only and has free time to hang out with friends like Bolin and Mako and participate in Sporting events. Not to mention that Korra and co are older than the previous generation, which moves things a bit..err…faster. Aang and Katara never had to deal with a love triangle either (Fanshippings do not count), they could take their time with their feelings.

All relationships are different and have different aspects to them and that includes time. To compare them directly to others is, in my humble opinion, an error in the judging of storytelling.

Also, I don’t think it’s really in Korra’s nature to be patient and let things happen in time. I actually like that the romance plot was introduced early, since that gives it the rest of the season to grow and change, and introduce emotional tension. With Aang & Korra, it was just a natural part of a happy ending. Which was nice, but it really wasn’t interesting or all that important (to me). Relationships are more often confusing and even problematic, so this feels more realistic to me.

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 04:31PM EDT
May 31, 2012 at 04:29PM EDT

O HAI! You must login or signup first!