HEY GUYS

TWO MORE DAYS

HELLO NEWCOMER

WELCOME TO OUR HUMBLE LOK FANBASE THREAD

PLEASE STAND BY FOR ATLA/LOK RULE 34 AND RANDOM GIFS OF THE SHOW

May 31, 2012 at 11:51PM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

The fuck…..

Notice that three of the questions are asked by the same user. I’ll bet all my yuans it’s a troll.

May 31, 2012 at 11:53PM EDT

I apologize in advance.

(Also sorry, I haven’t had time to do an indepth review of the last airbender movie)

Jun 01, 2012 at 10:22AM EDT

Oh my god.

A fire ferret?

(puts on Fedora)

PABU THE FIRE FERRET?!

Last edited Jun 01, 2012 at 07:17PM EDT
Jun 01, 2012 at 07:16PM EDT

Fridge wrote:

Oh my god.

A fire ferret?

(puts on Fedora)

PABU THE FIRE FERRET?!

He’s a semi-Ailurus four legged mammal of action,
He’s a fuzzy little ferret who’ll never flinch from a fray,
He’s much more than just a mascot,
He’s got a ring-ed tail and kicks butt,
And the Equalists flee whenever they hear him say:
Fire Ferret sound
He’s Pabu,
Pabu the Fire Ferret!

Last edited Jun 02, 2012 at 12:00AM EDT
Jun 01, 2012 at 11:57PM EDT

@Cyber6x
Which chatroom is this?
Mind telling me

Jun 02, 2012 at 12:01AM EDT

Mexx Android wrote:

@Cyber6x
Which chatroom is this?
Mind telling me

It’s probably the site’s IRC. Look at the little bar with your name and avatar on it, then look slightly above to the little button that says “chat.” That, child, is the where the magic happens.

Jun 02, 2012 at 12:10AM EDT

Platus wrote:

It’s probably the site’s IRC. Look at the little bar with your name and avatar on it, then look slightly above to the little button that says “chat.” That, child, is the where the magic happens.

Well you know… Tell me when you guys are gonna do that!
It’s not like I have enough time to spare or anything! Hehehe…

Jun 02, 2012 at 12:14AM EDT

Mexx Android wrote:

Well you know… Tell me when you guys are gonna do that!
It’s not like I have enough time to spare or anything! Hehehe…

There are people in the chat LITERALLY RIGHT NOW! And you can get to it here! Join the herd conversation.

Jun 02, 2012 at 12:18AM EDT

Piano wrote:

HELLO NEWCOMER

WELCOME TO OUR HUMBLE LOK FANBASE THREAD

PLEASE STAND BY FOR ATLA/LOK RULE 34 AND RANDOM GIFS OF THE SHOW

runs off giggling maniacally

Jun 02, 2012 at 12:18AM EDT

GUYS, THE EPISODE.
THE ENDING.
THE FEELS.

Jun 02, 2012 at 11:38AM EDT

DANG IT
I DIDN’T REMEMBER TO WAKE UP EARLY SO I COULD CATCH IT
I’M SO UPSET
I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL MONDAY WHEN NICK RELEASES IT ON THEIR WEBSITE
ARUURUTHUERHGRU;HHEVMGH,MSDNBPIDFS, IEGO;JAWM,0FJO

And my TV’s also broken, so I guess it doesn’t matter.

Last edited Jun 02, 2012 at 12:58PM EDT
Jun 02, 2012 at 12:56PM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

runs off giggling maniacally

Jun 02, 2012 at 01:00PM EDT

Doc wrote:

GUYS, THE EPISODE.
THE ENDING.
THE FEELS.

I KNOW RIGHT?! WTF?!!

Also look at this:

WE’RE ALL FUCKED.

(Bill Rinaldi works on the show)

Jun 02, 2012 at 01:13PM EDT

Tarlloc: NO, I must kill the Equalist!
Korra: No Tarlloc, you are the Equalist!
And then Tarlloc, was Amon!

Jun 02, 2012 at 02:52PM EDT

Piano wrote:

STOP POSTING SPOILERS
GRRRAAAUUUGGGHHH

Don’t worry, I’m just kidding. All we know is that he is a bad guy. Nothing about his affiliations with amon

Jun 02, 2012 at 05:18PM EDT

watches episode

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

NEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEE NEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Jun 02, 2012 at 05:36PM EDT

As bad as Amon and Tarlloc are, all korra fans agree, this is the ultimate evil!

I just paused my DVR For 5 min to make sure I could skip all those annoying as fuck commercials. Fuck you Chris rock!

Jun 02, 2012 at 05:58PM EDT

Dac wrote:

As bad as Amon and Tarlloc are, all korra fans agree, this is the ultimate evil!

I just paused my DVR For 5 min to make sure I could skip all those annoying as fuck commercials. Fuck you Chris rock!

Been seeing this all over reddit, no idea what anyone’s talking about. Explain?

Jun 02, 2012 at 06:29PM EDT

This fucking commercial

Its like the only commercial they have between the breaks and its a longer and more aggravating version of the song.

Jun 02, 2012 at 07:01PM EDT

Dac wrote:

This fucking commercial

Its like the only commercial they have between the breaks and its a longer and more aggravating version of the song.

You know a movie is gonna be bad when they keep repeating an entire in each commercial.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Going back to LoK:
I’m watching the episode right now!
I wanna choke Tarlok’s fucking throat .

Last edited Jun 02, 2012 at 07:11PM EDT
Jun 02, 2012 at 07:09PM EDT

Me during the ending:

Especially the vision. And the reflection in the waterfall. Tarrlok (Tarlloc? Fuck) is one crazy, power-mad dude, isn’t he?

Last edited Jun 02, 2012 at 07:25PM EDT
Jun 02, 2012 at 07:15PM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

watches episode

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

NEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEE NEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHERE DID YOU FIND THE EPISODE

Jun 02, 2012 at 09:02PM EDT

Tenzin isn’t very effective in office, is he? But then again, when your opponents use fear, they often get a big advantage. He’s like Jeannette Rankin! Actually, there’s a good amount of parallels between them, or the show in general to WWII. Hiroshi Sato is Ford, if and when Amon starts preaching the inferiority of the vile benders, he’s Hitler. History is crazy!

Jun 02, 2012 at 10:34PM EDT

Arlon The Serene (Free Cake) wrote:

Tenzin isn’t very effective in office, is he? But then again, when your opponents use fear, they often get a big advantage. He’s like Jeannette Rankin! Actually, there’s a good amount of parallels between them, or the show in general to WWII. Hiroshi Sato is Ford, if and when Amon starts preaching the inferiority of the vile benders, he’s Hitler. History is crazy!

>2012

>Comparing Tenzin to Jeanette Rankin

>Comparing Amon (or anyone, for that matter) to Hitler

Last edited Jun 02, 2012 at 10:55PM EDT
Jun 02, 2012 at 10:54PM EDT

Well, we went 12 pages without invoking Godwins law.

Jolly good show, chaps.

Jun 02, 2012 at 10:57PM EDT

Actually, I think the response to the equalists is more in line to how the Americans and Canadians interned the Japanese during WW2. Also, fear-mongering over a terrorist threat to restrict people’s civil rights is hardly an exclusively historical problem. It is a pretty solid description of American domestic security policy for the past 11-odd years.

Jun 02, 2012 at 11:13PM EDT

Hardly. I think Stalin would be a better parallel, especially with McCarthyism in the 50s.

Jun 02, 2012 at 11:22PM EDT

Piano wrote:

WHERE DID YOU FIND THE EPISODE

I accidentally downloaded from the link /r/TLA provided in the Episode 8 discussion thread, but you can go to animeflavor.com and watch it there.

Jun 02, 2012 at 11:24PM EDT

Sigh…. Even if the most mediocre episode of mlp airs, mlp general gets 2-3 pages worth of discussion about everything that happened in it and the implications it has on the shows cannon and fannon even though it doesn’t really matter because there is no story arc really and everything is solved in one episode( or once or twice a season, a two parter). But the vastly superior ( im so sorry mlp, I really am)legend of korra has an episode that is mind blowing and opens up all kinds of questions and stuff for us to ponder, and we haven’t even got a page. Even as a brony, I don’t get that.
LOK! y u no have more fans on kym and more discussion?

@teh brawler

Oh, nice one comparing the equalist (edit: oops, i mean tarlloc) to McCarthyism. That’s spot on, I wouldnt ever compare Amon to hitler. Last thing he wanted was equality. I have thought of him as Malcom X

Last edited Jun 02, 2012 at 11:55PM EDT
Jun 02, 2012 at 11:26PM EDT

Dac wrote:

Sigh…. Even if the most mediocre episode of mlp airs, mlp general gets 2-3 pages worth of discussion about everything that happened in it and the implications it has on the shows cannon and fannon even though it doesn’t really matter because there is no story arc really and everything is solved in one episode( or once or twice a season, a two parter). But the vastly superior ( im so sorry mlp, I really am)legend of korra has an episode that is mind blowing and opens up all kinds of questions and stuff for us to ponder, and we haven’t even got a page. Even as a brony, I don’t get that.

@teh brawler

Oh, nice one comparing the equalist (edit: oops, i mean tarlloc) to McCarthyism. That’s spot on, I wouldnt ever compare Amon to hitler. Last thing he wanted was equality. I have thought of him as Malcom X

I would imagine the direct connection between MLP and the internet has a lot to do with that. TLA came out in 2007, before the internet really became as big as it is as a cultural tool; most of its fans were collected in small cliques over the internet, if they were on. Now, however, you’ve got huge collections of diverse users who can spread info much more. With the brony fandom being born directly out of the internet, it makes more sense to me that it would keep its roots here.

Jun 02, 2012 at 11:33PM EDT

The gif describes how angry I am at Tarrlok

Last edited Jun 03, 2012 at 12:48AM EDT
Jun 03, 2012 at 12:47AM EDT

Lolrus wrote:

The gif describes how angry I am at Tarrlok

The reaction images in this episode were fantastic.

Jun 03, 2012 at 12:49AM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

I accidentally downloaded from the link /r/TLA provided in the Episode 8 discussion thread, but you can go to animeflavor.com and watch it there.

Animeflavor seems really strange to me. How is it accessing the episodes? Is it torrenting them or something?

Jun 03, 2012 at 12:54AM EDT

Piano wrote:

Animeflavor seems really strange to me. How is it accessing the episodes? Is it torrenting them or something?

Uh dunnuh

Jun 03, 2012 at 01:18AM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

Uh dunnuh

You made me post this twice.

Jun 03, 2012 at 02:11AM EDT

Dac wrote:

@teh brawler

Actually, you go back to the days of Pony General 1, it was a ghost town. Not to mention that most people were specifically asked to migrate from the comments section in the MLP article to the forum so it wouldn’t always take the trending bar.

Anyway, thoughts about the episode:

You know Tarlocc really came into his own in this episode. For a long time, I thought he was the sleezy politician who gets played by Amon and then gets killed off, like fucking Jar Jar Binks in Episode 2 (Though Jar Jar is stupid politician rather than sleazy) but dude’s got ambition and strength…DAYUM a blood bender with no full moon, and apparently he blood bended Aang? How the fuck did he get to become councilman? It’s like Osama bin Laden became president of the United States.
Jun 03, 2012 at 09:16AM EDT

Dac wrote:

Very mature guys…

I see nothing wrong with this post.

Jun 03, 2012 at 09:54AM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

Actually, you go back to the days of Pony General 1, it was a ghost town. Not to mention that most people were specifically asked to migrate from the comments section in the MLP article to the forum so it wouldn’t always take the trending bar.

Anyway, thoughts about the episode:

You know Tarlocc really came into his own in this episode. For a long time, I thought he was the sleezy politician who gets played by Amon and then gets killed off, like fucking Jar Jar Binks in Episode 2 (Though Jar Jar is stupid politician rather than sleazy) but dude’s got ambition and strength…DAYUM a blood bender with no full moon, and apparently he blood bended Aang? How the fuck did he get to become councilman? It’s like Osama bin Laden became president of the United States.

No, Tarloc wasn’t at the trail. That was Yakone, unless Tarloc is Yakone, but that wouldn’t make much sense because Tarloc would have needed to find the fountain of youth.
Also, here’s to hoping that this general will get as big as the pony general. It’s a long shot, but this show is do damn good.

Last edited Jun 03, 2012 at 10:08AM EDT
Jun 03, 2012 at 09:59AM EDT

Dac wrote:

No, Tarloc wasn’t at the trail. That was Yakone, unless Tarloc is Yakone, but that wouldn’t make much sense because Tarloc would have needed to find the fountain of youth.
Also, here’s to hoping that this general will get as big as the pony general. It’s a long shot, but this show is do damn good.

I don’t want that. You guys have so much meaningless discussion. This thread is fine the way it is.

Jun 03, 2012 at 10:35AM EDT

Ok, so apparently the flashback takes place 42 years ago so unless there is something about Tarloc we don’t know, that guy can’t be him. mabye they are related somehow? Mabye the Avatar isn’t the only reincarnating spirit. Both him and Amon have strange powers, mabye there is much we don’t know about the spirit world. Mabye Amons energybending has more to do with bloodbending and blocking chuckras. A water bender that knows how to heal has a lot of knowledge on the body and the flow of chi, mabye that knowledge can be used for more sinister things. Whenever he “energy bends” it looks like something else is going on, the victim looks like he has lost all control is is paralyzed, save a few twitches and a look of pure terror. Amon says he’s dad was struck down by a firebender, what if his dad is Yakone. Mabye during the trail, Yakone was outraged by the verdict and during his bloodbending, he killed or seriously hurt toph or sokka( they both look like they are in deep shit), Aang is outraged and strikes him down. Aang is a firebender. Mabye Amon and Tarloc are the same person, or related. Or mabye it’s something else entirely and I am just an idiot. It’s fun to speculate.

@ Fridge
I have to disagree. True, MLP general has way to much pic spamming, useless posts, and role playing. We don’t need that nor do we want that, but we haven’t even discussed this new episode really. This general could use more discussion.

Last edited Jun 03, 2012 at 11:02AM EDT
Jun 03, 2012 at 10:41AM EDT

@DacDacRevolution
You are right, I do not post here regularly because you guys barely discuss anything. Sure you have you little side chats but there are exclusive to you guys and makes it awkward for others to transition into the thread. In addition you guys don’t seem to be discussing the show or posting your theories on the plot of the show which could invoke more traffic to this forum.

Last edited Jun 03, 2012 at 11:39AM EDT
Jun 03, 2012 at 11:30AM EDT

Dac wrote:

Forgot all about Yakone but my error is forgiveable…I mean, Yakone looks so much like Tarloc that I have to believe there is a link between the two.

And use Spoiler tags dammit >:[

Jun 03, 2012 at 11:42AM EDT

Piano wrote:

You made me post this twice.

I made you do nothing, you posted that of your own accord.

Jun 03, 2012 at 11:45AM EDT

'lo! You must login or signup first!