Forums / General

191,414 total conversations in 5,250 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Avatar: TLA / Legend of Korra General

Last posted Mar 14, 2014 at 09:13AM EDT. Added Mar 20, 2012 at 11:11PM EDT
1,966 conversations with 81 participants

Yo guys. Meet the Pyro is coming out within a few days and something struck me. There are rumours of it being a female. Has an affection for fire. THE PYRO IS ZUKO’S MOM.

Jun 25, 2012 at 01:49PM EDT

I find it funny that the Fratricide/suicide scene hasn’t been getting any trouble, but the derpy scene caused such a shitstorm that it had to be censored. I guess it’s just because Amon and Tarloks scene was done so buetifully while derpy just looked slow and walleyed.

Jun 25, 2012 at 02:07PM EDT

Dac wrote:

I find it funny that the Fratricide/suicide scene hasn’t been getting any trouble, but the derpy scene caused such a shitstorm that it had to be censored. I guess it’s just because Amon and Tarloks scene was done so buetifully while derpy just looked slow and walleyed.

Are you talking about derpy as in the pony?

Jun 25, 2012 at 02:21PM EDT

ConnerABacon wrote:

Are you talking about derpy as in the pony?

Yeah, after that whole controversie, I was half expecting nick to get angry letters over that scene.

Jun 25, 2012 at 02:24PM EDT

Erwinator wrote:

Yo guys. Meet the Pyro is coming out within a few days and something struck me. There are rumours of it being a female. Has an affection for fire. THE PYRO IS ZUKO’S MOM.

Team Avatar VS Team Fortress

Jun 25, 2012 at 02:34PM EDT

Myconix wrote:

Team Avatar VS Team Fortress

Actually, that could be an awesome-looking battle.

Sentries vs. earth benders :P

Jun 25, 2012 at 02:45PM EDT

Dac wrote:

Yeah, I was kinda expecting there to be a big shitstorm by parents. But i guess they left it alone cus it’s probably only a few small kids who would be watching this show anyway.

Jun 25, 2012 at 02:53PM EDT

Crimson Locks wrote:

Yeah, I was kinda expecting there to be a big shitstorm by parents. But i guess they left it alone cus it’s probably only a few small kids who would be watching this show anyway.

“But i guess they left it alone cus it’s probably only a few small kids who would be watching this show anyway.”

Last edited Jun 25, 2012 at 04:26PM EDT
Jun 25, 2012 at 04:25PM EDT

Crimson Locks wrote:

>“a few small kids”

>Number 1 show for the 13-21 demographic on all channels

NOW, TO GET CAUGHT UP:

LolAtKronkComicLolAtPennyArcadeWhatIMeantWasThatTheVaticanWasFoundedForTheSakeOfReligionWhereasRepublicCityWasn’t
MonacoIsABetterExampleHaven’tWeSeenSeveralDeathsInTheLastAirbenderAlreadyIncludingAangWhyIsThisParticularDeathSuchABigDeal

Last edited Jun 25, 2012 at 04:55PM EDT
Jun 25, 2012 at 04:36PM EDT

Crimson Locks wrote:

I think it has more to do with how the scene was handled. Derpy looked like and acted like she was mentally handicapped, and even though bronies deny it, that’s how the fandom sees her really even if they don’t say it. So parents got pissed because the scene to them was " ha ha, she’s retarded". Amon and Tarlok was way more shocking, but the fact it was handled seriously and so well, I don’t think parents will get offended by it.

Jun 25, 2012 at 04:38PM EDT

Arlon The Serene (Free Cake) wrote:

MLP’s target audience is about half the age of LOK’s, right? That should make a pretty big difference in how parents react.

True, but remember that we are also talking about suicide in a Saturday morning cartoon.

Jun 25, 2012 at 05:50PM EDT

Dac wrote:

True, but remember that we are also talking about suicide in a Saturday morning cartoon.

Murder-suicide, to be technical.

And they showed it.

In TLA, death never actually happened. It was merely alluded to. The writers even lampshaded it in The Ember Island Players:

Suki: Did Jet just….die?

Sokka: Y’know, it was really unclear.
Last edited Jun 25, 2012 at 06:07PM EDT
Jun 25, 2012 at 06:06PM EDT

Dac wrote:

I think it has more to do with how the scene was handled. Derpy looked like and acted like she was mentally handicapped, and even though bronies deny it, that’s how the fandom sees her really even if they don’t say it. So parents got pissed because the scene to them was " ha ha, she’s retarded". Amon and Tarlok was way more shocking, but the fact it was handled seriously and so well, I don’t think parents will get offended by it.

Wow, I must have been on something when I wrote my last post, cus I read it again and i was just like “derp”.
This post makes a lot more sense xP

I think the most offensive thing about Derpy was her voice. Even I was like ‘“wut” when I watched it. Some people can say that her name is offensive too, but it’s really not because “derp” isn’t a slur against people with mental hanicaps. I feel like if Derpy’s voice was normal it would not have caused so much trouble.

Jun 25, 2012 at 06:22PM EDT

Fridge Logic wrote:

Murder-suicide, to be technical.

And they showed it.

In TLA, death never actually happened. It was merely alluded to. The writers even lampshaded it in The Ember Island Players:

Suki: Did Jet just….die?

Sokka: Y’know, it was really unclear.

Roku and sparky sparky boom man died right in front of us really.

Jun 25, 2012 at 06:30PM EDT

Dac wrote:

Roku and sparky sparky boom man died right in front of us really.

They didn’t show them dieing though.

Jun 25, 2012 at 06:32PM EDT

ConnerABacon wrote:

They didn’t show them dieing though.

Yeah, you saw the lava engulf roku and fang, and sparky exploded with his own explosion. I wasn’t as shocking though as Amon and Tarlok, but still.

Jun 25, 2012 at 06:48PM EDT

Dac wrote:

Yeah, you saw the lava engulf roku and fang, and sparky exploded with his own explosion. I wasn’t as shocking though as Amon and Tarlok, but still.

But it didn’t really show their deaths

Sparky Sparky boom man fell into the chasm, most definitely dieing, but it didn’t really show him die.

It didn’t really show Roku die either, it just showed the lava surround them.

The death of Tarrlok and Noatok was actually shown with the explosion.

Jun 25, 2012 at 06:51PM EDT

ConnerABacon wrote:

But it didn’t really show their deaths

Sparky Sparky boom man fell into the chasm, most definitely dieing, but it didn’t really show him die.

It didn’t really show Roku die either, it just showed the lava surround them.

The death of Tarrlok and Noatok was actually shown with the explosion.

Tarrlok and Noatok’s deaths were just as on-screen as Roku and Spary Spary Boom Man. We didn’t see Tarrlok and Noatok’s bodies being torn to bits, we only saw a mushroom cloud in the distance. Really, they could still be alive and we wouldn’t even know it.

Jun 25, 2012 at 07:24PM EDT

Actually, his metal arm fell into the chasm, but I disagree about them not being shown. One thing is that Amon and Tarloks was more dramatic and it was suicide and murder therefore being more shocking than two deaths in the heat of the moment, but Amon and Tarloks explosion was shown from hundreds of yards away. So it was “shown” just as much as the other two.

Jun 25, 2012 at 07:25PM EDT

ConnerABacon wrote:

Actually, that could be an awesome-looking battle.

Sentries vs. earth benders :P

POOT EARTHBENDER HERE

Jun 25, 2012 at 09:30PM EDT

“Went to Starbucks today and my friend said his name was mako. The barista smiled but didn’t ask for my name. I was confused until…”

That’s actually a cool story bro
/ sincerity

Last edited Jun 25, 2012 at 10:36PM EDT
Jun 25, 2012 at 10:32PM EDT

Dac wrote:

“Went to Starbucks today and my friend said his name was mako. The barista smiled but didn’t ask for my name. I was confused until…”

/ sincerity

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LIN! I’M SO SORRY!

Jun 25, 2012 at 10:40PM EDT

>Starbucks win
>That Lin gif makes me wanna cry

The jokes I have seen about the Noatok/Tarrlok death scene never cease to be hilarious. It seems that the more serious and sad a scene is, the better it is when comedy is put in

Also, did anyone else get really weirded out hearing Amon/Noatok speak without the mask on?

Last edited Jun 25, 2012 at 10:43PM EDT
Jun 25, 2012 at 10:42PM EDT

I was just surprised he agreed to take it off. Villians with masks almost never just reveal their face like that! It usually happens in the fight, which also did happen. But it seems somewhat less dramatic when the person agrees to it. Also, it just occurred to me that twice Tarrlok uses the shock glove to injure himself. Now I have this awful premonition about someone drawing R34 of him jacking off using the glove like he’s a masochist. Scumbag brain, working overtime here.

Jun 25, 2012 at 10:57PM EDT

Crimson Locks wrote:

>Starbucks win
>That Lin gif makes me wanna cry

The jokes I have seen about the Noatok/Tarrlok death scene never cease to be hilarious. It seems that the more serious and sad a scene is, the better it is when comedy is put in

Also, did anyone else get really weirded out hearing Amon/Noatok speak without the mask on?

I find the Tarlok and Noatok jokes to be really funny, but seeing the finale again, I’m surprised to be just as emotional seeing that scene. Its a remarkable feat in entertianment, let alone Saturday morning cartoons. I really loved Amon as a villain, but seeing him become human and then die at his beloved brothers hand is just heartbreaking. I doubt I will ever see something so powerful in a Saturday morning cartoon again.

Also, this show needs a fighting game! It has so many characters that would make badass combatants. We should start a petition! Honestly, a 2d fighter would be killer! Look, mlp is getting a fighting game( fan made), why cant we have one too?

Last edited Jun 25, 2012 at 11:25PM EDT
Jun 25, 2012 at 11:07PM EDT

Dac wrote:

I find the Tarlok and Noatok jokes to be really funny, but seeing the finale again, I’m surprised to be just as emotional seeing that scene. Its a remarkable feat in entertianment, let alone Saturday morning cartoons. I really loved Amon as a villain, but seeing him become human and then die at his beloved brothers hand is just heartbreaking. I doubt I will ever see something so powerful in a Saturday morning cartoon again.

Also, this show needs a fighting game! It has so many characters that would make badass combatants. We should start a petition! Honestly, a 2d fighter would be killer! Look, mlp is getting a fighting game( fan made), why cant we have one too?

I’m sure that somewhere on this vast internet, someone has made LoK MUGEN characters.

Jun 25, 2012 at 11:58PM EDT

Myconix wrote:

I’m sure that somewhere on this vast internet, someone has made LoK MUGEN characters.

But I don’t want mugen characters, I want beautifully hand drawn characters like super street fighter 2 hd or the blaze blu games. It has so much potential to be a kick ass fighter. They are making a lame ass play station fighter, why not this? How bad ass would it be to fight toph against Amon?

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:05AM EDT

Dac wrote:

But I don’t want mugen characters, I want beautifully hand drawn characters like super street fighter 2 hd or the blaze blu games. It has so much potential to be a kick ass fighter. They are making a lame ass play station fighter, why not this? How bad ass would it be to fight toph against Amon?

I still think MUGEN is what you’re after. What, are you wanting it so that it’s ONLY Avatar characters? If so, that can be done.

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 12:07AM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 12:06AM EDT

Dac wrote:

>Avatar fighter

Yeeeeeessssssss

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:08AM EDT

Myconix wrote:

I still think MUGEN is what you’re after. What, are you wanting it so that it’s ONLY Avatar characters? If so, that can be done.

No, I want an actual avatar game. I want a well done avatar game. Mabye even officially licensed!

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:13AM EDT

Dac wrote:

No, I want an actual avatar game. I want a well done avatar game. Mabye even officially licensed!

Well, what’s stopping you?

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:16AM EDT

Myconix wrote:

Well, what’s stopping you?

Um, I don’t have the time, knowledge, or skill to pull that off. Sigh…

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:18AM EDT

Dac wrote:

/ sincerity

Redemption:

Also this:

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 12:44AM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 12:29AM EDT

That forever girl comment always makes me laugh with giddy awkwardness.

Also found this:

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:47AM EDT

Platus wrote:

Redemption:

Also this:

>Gif
thank you for that redemption

>Comic
That… strangely makes perfect sense
D’aaaaaaw crying Korra

Jun 26, 2012 at 01:05AM EDT

@comic
Yakone, Amon, and Tarlok all were unusually adept at blood bending. They could all bloodbend at anytime and Yakone and Amon could bloodbend with their mind. I’m sure Amon was light years ahead of Katara In the art of bloodbending and his “energy bending” skill was probably too foreign for her.

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 01:42AM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 01:25AM EDT

You make a very good point, Dac. I doubt Korra regularly practiced bloodbending either.

Jun 26, 2012 at 02:41AM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

Well now… this is just begging for a Keyboard Cat instead of the NOOO

Jun 26, 2012 at 08:54AM EDT

Dac wrote:

Um, I don’t have the time, knowledge, or skill to pull that off. Sigh…

This is probably waaaay off-topic, but I know of a program called GameMaker that can probably do all the code-writing for you. linktylink

Jun 26, 2012 at 10:50AM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

Well, unlike Micheal Scott, I thought Tarrlok did the right thing in ending both of their lives
still a hilarious video though xD

I was kinda thinking why Amon looked so pale too, especially cus he had darker skin in the flashback (at least, I’m pretty sure he did). My guess is that his skin just got paler after being away from the Northern Water Tribe for so long. Not to mention he constantly covered his body as Amon.

Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 11:53AM EDT
Jun 26, 2012 at 11:51AM EDT

AHK DISREGARD EVERYTHING I SAID BEFORE ABOUT CHARACTERS DIEING IN AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER AND LEGEND OF KORRA.

SOMETIMES I DON’T THINK RIGHT.

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:13PM EDT

Myconix wrote:

This is probably waaaay off-topic, but I know of a program called GameMaker that can probably do all the code-writing for you. linktylink

No, it’s on topic considering I was talking about an avatar fighter. Thanks for the link.

Jun 26, 2012 at 04:37PM EDT

Hey! You must login or signup first!