191,094 total conversations in 5,240 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Avatar: TLA / Legend of Korra General

Last posted Mar 14, 2014 at 09:13AM EDT. Added Mar 20, 2012 at 11:11PM EDT
1,966 conversations with 81 participants

ConnerABacon wrote:

HA! I CALLED IT! I KNEW THAT ASAMI HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE EQUALISTS

Well, not her directly, but her father did.

I CALLED IT!

May 19, 2012 at 04:16PM EDT

WAIT WAIT GUYS I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING

You know that terrorist mentioned by the council in passing that Aang had to face? And you know how we don’t know Amon’s identity?

WHAT IF.

Or at least the dog’s son.

May 19, 2012 at 04:37PM EDT

Platus wrote:

If I remember correctly, which I do, the real argument that we had was if Asami was using Mako and was an equalist. You were right about Sato, but I was right about Asami being good.

Didn’t Lin remind any of you of the T1000 with the arm swords?

Last edited May 19, 2012 at 08:10PM EDT
May 19, 2012 at 08:06PM EDT

Tim the Enchanter wrote:

Any ideas on where I can find the latest episode?

Nick will probably post it on Monday, as they usually do with new episodes. I recommend their website because it’s the most legal way to view new LoK episodes on the internet.

May 19, 2012 at 08:26PM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

WAIT WAIT GUYS I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING

You know that terrorist mentioned by the council in passing that Aang had to face? And you know how we don’t know Amon’s identity?

WHAT IF.

Or at least the dog’s son.

I believe it was established earlier in this thread that Pabu was the mastermind.

Actually, you made the post.

Last edited May 19, 2012 at 09:59PM EDT
May 19, 2012 at 09:55PM EDT

Fridge Logic wrote:

I believe it was established earlier in this thread that Pabu was the mastermind.

Actually, you made the post.

Confound it.

May 19, 2012 at 10:20PM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

Confound it.

Confound those equalists, they drive me to drink!

May 19, 2012 at 10:48PM EDT

So, one of my favorite episodes so far.

May 19, 2012 at 11:34PM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

What’s so great about it? I think it’s par with the others, but not that excellent. The platinum was quite a twist, though.

May 19, 2012 at 11:41PM EDT

For one, I find it unlikely that anyone would be able to get all that platinum to make those, considering how rare and difficult to process it is, and I further doubt that motors powerful enough to move machines that heavy effectively could be made with the tech level of the LoK universe.

May 19, 2012 at 11:44PM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

Oh no doubt. Tenzins airbending was awesome as was the way Lin fought. I think Asami might be quite the badass, with her skills behind the wheel and her fighting skills, let’s not forget that the chi-blocking equalist have been giving the benders such a hard time and she struck her father and the other guy in seconds. I can’t wait for the next episode! Oh, and Bolin was so funny gesturing with Tenzins arms and pestering the butler.This is easily the best cartoon on TV and one of the best shows. It’s amazing on so many levels

May 19, 2012 at 11:44PM EDT

Piano wrote:

What’s so great about it? I think it’s par with the others, but not that excellent. The platinum was quite a twist, though.

BUT LIN GOES ROGUE MAN SHE’S CLOSER TO SPIDERMAN THAN EVER NOW

But in all seriousness, it seems to me like we’re getting closer to the heart of the problem. While I’ve really enjoyed all the episodes so far, this is the first one where Korra, and her allies, have legitimately acted on the issue at hand, rather than just passively reacting to what’s happened. To me, that’s a strong step in the right direction.

May 19, 2012 at 11:49PM EDT

Lolrus wrote:

Best part of the episode

Right here

Interestingly, the cabbage man’s fortunes improved right about when the Gaang finished their quest. I wonder if the two events are related.

May 20, 2012 at 12:17AM EDT

Lolrus wrote:

Best part of the episode

Right here

Does… Does he have a cabbage leaf on top of his hat?

May 20, 2012 at 12:26AM EDT

404 user not found wrote:

That is a really bad piece of art. Looks like the artist started off good, but then he had to add that ugly gray bar under it.

May 20, 2012 at 02:24AM EDT

Piano wrote:

That is a really bad piece of art. Looks like the artist started off good, but then he had to add that ugly gray bar under it.

meanwhile at FunnyJunk/9gag

Last edited May 20, 2012 at 02:41AM EDT
May 20, 2012 at 02:41AM EDT

meanwhile at FunnyJunk/9gag

FunnyJunk/9gag/Reddit
May 20, 2012 at 02:47AM EDT

I know what they were going for, but there are rock and ground type Pokemon.

May 20, 2012 at 03:39AM EDT

That version of Korra on the left is so… Unbearably… Cute.

May 20, 2012 at 03:48AM EDT

Piano wrote:

That version of Korra on the left is so… Unbearably… Cute.

After that last episode, I don’t think money is a factor anymore.

Last edited May 20, 2012 at 04:04AM EDT
May 20, 2012 at 03:51AM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

After that last episode, I don’t think money is a factor anymore.

I’m pretty sure everyone don’t money is a factor anymore, friend.

May 20, 2012 at 03:54AM EDT

Piano wrote:

I’m pretty sure everyone don’t money is a factor anymore, friend.

SHUT UP IT’S LATE

May 20, 2012 at 04:03AM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

SHUT UP IT’S LATE

GO TO BED IF YOU CAN’T COMPETE WITH THE GRAMMARIANS.

May 20, 2012 at 04:05AM EDT

> watches recap

Tarlok can go f#$% himself.

Last edited May 20, 2012 at 04:14AM EDT
May 20, 2012 at 04:07AM EDT

These vile benders now rip families apart. Not only are they not satisfied with slaughtering Non-bender women but now also indoctrinating our children to betray their parents and run off with street urchin bender rats.

Truly, I cannot wait for the day Amon crushes these much vaunted insects into the dirt.

May 20, 2012 at 05:38AM EDT

Can anyone provide me a good website for fullscreen HD Korra episodes? And please not Nick.com. Im living outside the US :’(

May 20, 2012 at 08:55AM EDT

the Korra Pastebin has Direct Downloads for nearly all the episodes in HD:

http://pastebin.com/AacGkyk8

It usually takes a day or two before the episode is on their though.

May 20, 2012 at 08:58AM EDT

Jojo's Bizarre Bazaar wrote:

YES THE GLORIOUSNESS

May 20, 2012 at 04:19PM EDT

I’ll just say,
Why the hell is korra bending a baby doll?

May 20, 2012 at 06:20PM EDT

Mexx Android wrote:

I’ll just say,
Why the hell is korra bending a baby doll?

Scene where Korra is trying to walk away and trying to make an excuse.

She was trying to say, I think, baby sitting or Air bending practice and she said “Baby bending” instead.

May 20, 2012 at 06:34PM EDT

I HAS A CRAZY THEORY!

[Spoilers for anyone who hasn’t seen all of the first Avatar series yet.]

Alright, so I’ve been thinking about who Amon is and I had a small epiphany. You remember when Aang discovered spirit bending to use on Ozai, and one of the big dangers was that instead of bending Ozai’s spirit, he might have his own bent instead. Well, we have not seen that danger occur AT ALL with Amon so far – he is way more cavalier with his spirit bending than I would expect anyone to be with that kind of danger hanging over them, no matter how skilled they were. Well now, you remember that terrorist that Aang was supposed to have fought between the end of the last series and the beginning of this one? Well, what if this guy was so seriously bad that Aang decided to take his bending away just as he had taken away Ozai’s (remember, Aang is seriously anti-death penalty, so spirit bending is about the worst he can do), and what if – during the process – something went seriously wrong and either damaged or destroyed Aang’s spirit? This could possibly explain a number of things: why Aang died so much younger than normal avatars (even if the accident didn’t kill him outright, it might have weakened him), why Aang hasn’t shown up in spirit form to council Korra like Avatar Roku had appeared to council Aang (his spirit is still too weak, or even destroyed), and even where Amon got all of his skills – not only the spirit bending, which he is a product of, but also the amazing martial arts prowess that lets him get in close enough to make the spirit bending effective. The accident could have gone down in a number of ways:

1) Aang’s spirit is split in two, re-incarnating in both Amon and Korra at the same time.
2) The accident passes some of Aang’s skills on to the terrorist, who becomes Amon later.
3) Aang, or a shadow of him, somehow became Amon in a way that also allowed Korra to be born – the trauma of the accident turning him evil.
4) The terrorist was killed in the accident, and his soul re-incarnated into Amon, taking the physical skill and spirit bending with it.

The writers wouldn’t introduce the terrorist back-story if it wasn’t somehow relevant to the main plot, and this explanation quite elegantly weaves together a number of lingering questions in a manner that, I think, is highly plausible. What do you guys think?

Last edited May 20, 2012 at 09:20PM EDT
May 20, 2012 at 09:20PM EDT

Scene where Korra is trying to walk away and trying to make an excuse.

She was trying to say, I think, baby sitting or Air bending practice and she said “Baby bending” instead.

Oh okay, thanks!

May 20, 2012 at 09:37PM EDT

To be honest, I don’t see the point of speculating on who Amon is. Maybe the answer is as clear-cut as could be: he’s just some guy named Amon who got fucked up by a bad bender. I’ve been thinking that there has to be some sort of ulterior, more sinister motive to his actions, that it was more than just politik, but I don’t think all that analysis and speculation is consistent with how the creators are running this.

One thing though: in the original series, only Aang was able to “spirit-bend,” and the power to do so was endowed upon him by the Lion-Turtle. Why can Amon do it?

May 20, 2012 at 09:54PM EDT

Fridge Logic wrote:

To be honest, I don’t see the point of speculating on who Amon is. Maybe the answer is as clear-cut as could be: he’s just some guy named Amon who got fucked up by a bad bender. I’ve been thinking that there has to be some sort of ulterior, more sinister motive to his actions, that it was more than just politik, but I don’t think all that analysis and speculation is consistent with how the creators are running this.

One thing though: in the original series, only Aang was able to “spirit-bend,” and the power to do so was endowed upon him by the Lion-Turtle. Why can Amon do it?

Well, my hypothesis explains your last question rather neatly – he got it from Aang.

Also, I find that coming up with these kinds of fan-theories is half of the fun of watching a show like this. Analyzing all of the minutia and little details not only gives me a better appreciation for the work that went in to making this show, but it is also a fun little mental exercise on its own. Case in point: those mechs from the latest episode were foreshadowed by a small poster on the wall during Amon’s first appearance, and a screenshot pointing this out was posted all over the internet. When we finally got to see them, not only did we get the exhilaration of knowing that we were right all along, but we also had a chance to see just how much work actually goes into planning this show, and how carefully everything was staged. Thus, by fretting over small details and coming up with wild theories we enhance our appreciation of the show – and this holds true for almost any piece of fiction you might come across.

May 20, 2012 at 10:17PM EDT

Platus wrote:

Well, my hypothesis explains your last question rather neatly – he got it from Aang.

Also, I find that coming up with these kinds of fan-theories is half of the fun of watching a show like this. Analyzing all of the minutia and little details not only gives me a better appreciation for the work that went in to making this show, but it is also a fun little mental exercise on its own. Case in point: those mechs from the latest episode were foreshadowed by a small poster on the wall during Amon’s first appearance, and a screenshot pointing this out was posted all over the internet. When we finally got to see them, not only did we get the exhilaration of knowing that we were right all along, but we also had a chance to see just how much work actually goes into planning this show, and how carefully everything was staged. Thus, by fretting over small details and coming up with wild theories we enhance our appreciation of the show – and this holds true for almost any piece of fiction you might come across.

>He got it from Aang.

>Aang’s son Bumi is a Non-bender.

May 20, 2012 at 10:21PM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

@ Platus’s theory:

Aang died young? When was this mentioned?

Well, seeing as Aang died before Katara, and Avatars live for a very long time (Avatar Kyoshi, for example, lived to be over 200) I think we can say that Aang’s live had been truncated.

May 20, 2012 at 11:02PM EDT

Ok, chief Bei Fong is Spiderman

Wolverine

Magneto

and Batman

How much badass can she get?

I mean look at this!

She may not be the chief anymore, but shes still the boss!

May 20, 2012 at 11:21PM EDT

Platus wrote:

I HAS A CRAZY THEORY!

[Spoilers for anyone who hasn’t seen all of the first Avatar series yet.]

Alright, so I’ve been thinking about who Amon is and I had a small epiphany. You remember when Aang discovered spirit bending to use on Ozai, and one of the big dangers was that instead of bending Ozai’s spirit, he might have his own bent instead. Well, we have not seen that danger occur AT ALL with Amon so far – he is way more cavalier with his spirit bending than I would expect anyone to be with that kind of danger hanging over them, no matter how skilled they were. Well now, you remember that terrorist that Aang was supposed to have fought between the end of the last series and the beginning of this one? Well, what if this guy was so seriously bad that Aang decided to take his bending away just as he had taken away Ozai’s (remember, Aang is seriously anti-death penalty, so spirit bending is about the worst he can do), and what if – during the process – something went seriously wrong and either damaged or destroyed Aang’s spirit? This could possibly explain a number of things: why Aang died so much younger than normal avatars (even if the accident didn’t kill him outright, it might have weakened him), why Aang hasn’t shown up in spirit form to council Korra like Avatar Roku had appeared to council Aang (his spirit is still too weak, or even destroyed), and even where Amon got all of his skills – not only the spirit bending, which he is a product of, but also the amazing martial arts prowess that lets him get in close enough to make the spirit bending effective. The accident could have gone down in a number of ways:

1) Aang’s spirit is split in two, re-incarnating in both Amon and Korra at the same time.
2) The accident passes some of Aang’s skills on to the terrorist, who becomes Amon later.
3) Aang, or a shadow of him, somehow became Amon in a way that also allowed Korra to be born – the trauma of the accident turning him evil.
4) The terrorist was killed in the accident, and his soul re-incarnated into Amon, taking the physical skill and spirit bending with it.

The writers wouldn’t introduce the terrorist back-story if it wasn’t somehow relevant to the main plot, and this explanation quite elegantly weaves together a number of lingering questions in a manner that, I think, is highly plausible. What do you guys think?

Word of God on Aang’s early death. Check the second question.

Last edited May 20, 2012 at 11:49PM EDT
May 20, 2012 at 11:48PM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

Word of God on Aang’s early death. Check the second question.

Well, that doesn’t necessarily invalidate my theory.

1) Aang’s death might simply have nothing to do with spirit bending.
2) The creators were lying to hide the twist.

May 21, 2012 at 12:26AM EDT

Hello! You must login or signup first!