Forums / General

195,857 total conversations in 5,393 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured
Avatar: TLA / Legend of Korra General

Last posted Jul 13, 2014 at 06:08PM EDT. Added Mar 20, 2012 at 11:11PM EDT
1,985 conversations with 82 participants

Platus wrote:

Well, that doesn’t necessarily invalidate my theory.

1) Aang’s death might simply have nothing to do with spirit bending.
2) The creators were lying to hide the twist.

The creators are lying?

It’s okay Platus….just let the theory go…. :(

I’m guessing Aang died in that flashback fight Korra keeps having. AND SOKKA KILLED HIM!

May 21, 2012 at 12:55AM EDT
Quote

burning_phoneix wrote:

The creators are lying?

It’s okay Platus….just let the theory go…. :(

I’m guessing Aang died in that flashback fight Korra keeps having. AND SOKKA KILLED HIM!

And the mastermind… WAS PABU

May 21, 2012 at 01:00AM EDT
Quote

Today I plus4chan.org and I stumbled into /pco/
And there I saw a picture of Korra getting anally raped by Amon while others watched…

Last edited May 21, 2012 at 01:32AM EDT
May 21, 2012 at 01:24AM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

The creators are lying?

It’s okay Platus….just let the theory go…. :(

I’m guessing Aang died in that flashback fight Korra keeps having. AND SOKKA KILLED HIM!

Me right now:

May 21, 2012 at 01:33AM EDT
Quote

I’m surprised this has not been done before.

May 21, 2012 at 01:46AM EDT
Quote

@ The Frosty Lich: It’s funnier because Asami is Yue (depending, of course, on your opinion of a certain movie).

@ Doc: SECRET TUNNEL SECRET TUNNEL THROUGH THE MOUNTAIN SECRET SECRET SECRET SECRET TUNNEL!

Last edited May 21, 2012 at 04:36AM EDT
May 21, 2012 at 04:30AM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

THIS:

I disagree. I thought it was the terrible acting mostly that made it a terrible movie. Oh, and there was stuff abut the race of the casting. It actually followed the show’s plot quite well.

Unrelated:

May 21, 2012 at 07:28PM EDT
Quote

Cyber6x wrote:

I disagree. I thought it was the terrible acting mostly that made it a terrible movie. Oh, and there was stuff abut the race of the casting. It actually followed the show’s plot quite well.

Unrelated:

Just the acting? Might I remind you of how poorly the bending was depicted?

May 21, 2012 at 07:36PM EDT
Quote

I think I’ll rewatch the Last Airbender since it’s been nearly 2 years since it came out. It’ll be interesting to see what they did right and wrong in retrospect. I’ll post impressions here once I’ve had time to process it.

Pray for me, people.

May 21, 2012 at 08:17PM EDT
Quote

Erwinator wrote:

Don’t play it with parents around :D

Thats Clerks! Haha I’m good.

May 22, 2012 at 02:00PM EDT
Quote

If you could be a bender, which one would it be? I think I would want to be an airbender. I love the evasiveness of the style of fighting. Second would be earth, its very cool but it’s too destructive . Water would be third because you can’t find water everywhere. Fire would be fourth, just too dangerous.

May 22, 2012 at 02:11PM EDT
Quote

Mine would be air too. Because, you know. I’m a softie.

May 22, 2012 at 02:13PM EDT
Quote

Erwinator wrote:

Don’t play it with parents around :D

“In a row?”

That’s a perfect Bolin line.

May 22, 2012 at 02:18PM EDT
Quote

404 user not found wrote:

And I can honestly see that happening. Toph is so good, she can re-arrange the rock at a sub-atomic level to instantly create a living human child. Toph is best single mother.

May 22, 2012 at 07:43PM EDT
Quote

I suppose that’s why everyone thinks Lin…

Is rock steady.

May 22, 2012 at 08:05PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

If you could be a bender, which one would it be? I think I would want to be an airbender. I love the evasiveness of the style of fighting. Second would be earth, its very cool but it’s too destructive . Water would be third because you can’t find water everywhere. Fire would be fourth, just too dangerous.

First would be water, second would be earth.

Water because most of the combat revolved around redirecting your enemies moves and utilizing the energy that your opponents put into their attacks and turning it against them.

Earth because it seems to be based on blocking an attack, then using the shield you just made as a projectile, as well as just brute-forcing your way through large groups of people. Good earthbenders are living tanks.

May 22, 2012 at 08:11PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

If you could be a bender, which one would it be? I think I would want to be an airbender. I love the evasiveness of the style of fighting. Second would be earth, its very cool but it’s too destructive . Water would be third because you can’t find water everywhere. Fire would be fourth, just too dangerous.

Choose earth, make diamonds, hire fire, water, and air benders to follow you around.

You are now the avatar.

May 22, 2012 at 08:13PM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

THIS:

Here is my review of the movie.



May 22, 2012 at 08:23PM EDT

I finally got to seeing the episode. Really well done, yadda yadda.

@Bending discussion

I would be a fire bender. I actually like to burn things quite a bit. In Bioshock, my favorite plasmid was Incinerate, I would always set stuff on fire in Far Cry 2 for no reason, etc. Also, I imagine it would be the most useful. It would hurt more than a blast of air or water, it can spread, and you can even use it to create an easy campfire.


In other news:


Also, I’m sorry I couldn’t contribute much to the Kissing Korra article. I’ve never edited before, and basically everything I know has already been done by Platus and Brawler.

May 23, 2012 at 12:28AM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

If you could be a bender, which one would it be? I think I would want to be an airbender. I love the evasiveness of the style of fighting. Second would be earth, its very cool but it’s too destructive . Water would be third because you can’t find water everywhere. Fire would be fourth, just too dangerous.

Look at my name and user icon.

Take a guess.

FIRE ALL GAMES EVERY GAME!

May 23, 2012 at 02:01AM EDT
Quote


’Tis the truth.

Last edited May 23, 2012 at 02:04AM EDT
May 23, 2012 at 02:02AM EDT
Quote

Am I the only one who thinks Korra’s boobs are surprisingly big for a Nickelodeon show?

May 23, 2012 at 02:23PM EDT
Quote

Philip J. Fry wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks Korra’s boobs are surprisingly big for a Nickelodeon show?

Bitch plz

Last edited May 23, 2012 at 02:43PM EDT
May 23, 2012 at 02:35PM EDT
Quote

Erwinator wrote:

Bitch plz

Point taken. But still, Korra has some pretty nice knockers. You can’t deny that.

May 23, 2012 at 02:41PM EDT
Quote

Philip J. Fry wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks Korra’s boobs are surprisingly big for a Nickelodeon show?

As has been stated before, I think the show’s meant for a maturerererer audience, namely the adolescents who watched ATLA in their youth. So, I think they have a bit more flexibility when it comes to romance, jokes, and boobs.

Because of this, Korra’s boobs are so much nicer than the triangles that most other cartoons use.

May 23, 2012 at 02:44PM EDT
Quote

Philip J. Fry wrote:

Point taken. But still, Korra has some pretty nice knockers. You can’t deny that.

I don’t and I’m okay with it :D

May 23, 2012 at 02:44PM EDT
Quote

Piano wrote:

As has been stated before, I think the show’s meant for a maturerererer audience, namely the adolescents who watched ATLA in their youth. So, I think they have a bit more flexibility when it comes to romance, jokes, and boobs.

Because of this, Korra’s boobs are so much nicer than the triangles that most other cartoons use.

Watched it in their youth? I’m 22 now. What’s with people who say: “O yeah: Avatar: The Last Airbender. Those were some nostalgic memories.” And I know I’m from the 90s, but still. It’s not that old.

May 23, 2012 at 02:50PM EDT
Quote

Last edited May 23, 2012 at 05:06PM EDT
May 23, 2012 at 05:05PM EDT
Quote

Rick Grimes wrote:

I saw this, lol’d and had to share it!

Someone’s not paying attention to the threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead

May 23, 2012 at 05:50PM EDT
Quote

Teh Brawler wrote:

Someone’s not paying attention to the threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead

Oh god, I hate when that happens.

Also, have you guys heard about how the first episode got leaked back before the premier? That must have caused quite a flurry over here.

May 23, 2012 at 05:53PM EDT
Quote

Erwinator wrote:

Watched it in their youth? I’m 22 now. What’s with people who say: “O yeah: Avatar: The Last Airbender. Those were some nostalgic memories.” And I know I’m from the 90s, but still. It’s not that old.

ATLA came out seven years ago. It’s actually kind of old.

May 23, 2012 at 09:11PM EDT
Quote

Piano wrote:

ATLA came out seven years ago. It’s actually kind of old.

It ended just four years ago.

May 24, 2012 at 12:25PM EDT
Quote

ATLA came out seven years ago. It’s actually kind of old.

It ended just four years ago.

I’M SO OLD

Last edited May 24, 2012 at 01:12PM EDT
May 24, 2012 at 01:12PM EDT
Quote

Doc wrote:

ATLA came out seven years ago. It’s actually kind of old.

It ended just four years ago.

I’M SO OLD

Don’t go Reddit on me, Doc.

May 24, 2012 at 01:36PM EDT
Quote

So this is becoming a thing.

A glorious, glorious thing.

May 24, 2012 at 02:24PM EDT
Quote



The fights in this show are incredibly badass. They’re the best parts IMO. Also, when Lin used Toph’s technique to find the hidden tunnel, I shrieked a little.

May 24, 2012 at 03:28PM EDT
Quote

GUISE

I DON’T THINK I CAN WAIT A WHOLE NOTHER WEEK

I’M GOING THROUGH RELAPSES

May 24, 2012 at 06:18PM EDT
Quote

Teh Brawler wrote:

GUISE

I DON’T THINK I CAN WAIT A WHOLE NOTHER WEEK

I’M GOING THROUGH RELAPSES

Whole other.

May 24, 2012 at 06:27PM EDT
Quote

Piano wrote:

Whole other.

You’re from Texas, you’ll talk like it.

Besides, the spell check in Google Chrome didn’t question it.

May 24, 2012 at 06:42PM EDT
Quote

Word Up! You must login or signup first!