Forums / Discussion / General

168,575 total conversations in 5,401 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured
Avatar: TLA / Legend of Korra General

Last posted Jul 27, 2014 at 11:39PM EDT. Added Mar 20, 2012 at 11:11PM EDT
2014 posts from 86 users

Platus wrote:

I has the dumb today, so I forget who June was.

She was the bountyhunter who had a shirshu in season one, and came back in the season 3 finale.

Last edited Sep 24, 2012 at 01:50PM EDT
Sep 24, 2012 at 01:50PM EDT
Quote

Erwinator wrote:

She was the bountyhunter who had a shirshu in season one, and came back in the season 3 finale.

Oh, right, her. She was cool. I hop she is mentioned again. But what would it mean, then, if your speculaton is true?

(Also, gratz on the get.)

Sep 24, 2012 at 01:55PM EDT
Quote

I started Watching The Last Airbender a few time before The Legend of Korra started around here.
>MFW I noticed that ALMOST EVERYONE is dead.

Sep 24, 2012 at 05:39PM EDT
Quote

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

I started Watching The Last Airbender a few time before The Legend of Korra started around here.
>MFW I noticed that ALMOST EVERYONE is dead.

Well, at least it wasn’t “The Weeping Angels Take Manhattan.”

Oct 04, 2012 at 12:06AM EDT
Quote

So does anyone know when season 2 comes out?

Oct 04, 2012 at 11:31PM EDT

Erwinator wrote:

I don’t know if this is mentioned, but do you guys realize that Asami could be June’s grandchild?

Based on what?

Oct 05, 2012 at 01:42AM EDT
Quote

Teh Brawler wrote:

Based on what?

I don’t know. It’s just how she looks. Her hair and being a nonbender. My theory is very stretched

Oct 05, 2012 at 12:06PM EDT
Quote

Erwinator wrote:

I don’t know. It’s just how she looks. Her hair and being a nonbender. My theory is very stretched

It’s not like it’s a huge stretch, it’s actually very possible that June had Sato. We don’t know about Asami’s grandparents, so it’s all very possible to me. Plus there tends to be times when a person will look just like their grandparent when they were that age. For instance, there’s a picture in my living room of my great grandmother when she was seventeen, and I look just like her.

Last edited Oct 05, 2012 at 01:14PM EDT
Oct 05, 2012 at 01:11PM EDT
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

It’s not like it’s a huge stretch, it’s actually very possible that June had Sato. We don’t know about Asami’s grandparents, so it’s all very possible to me. Plus there tends to be times when a person will look just like their grandparent when they were that age. For instance, there’s a picture in my living room of my great grandmother when she was seventeen, and I look just like her.

Indeed, it is very possible for Asami to be June’s descendant. Just look at Desmond and Altair, they look even more alike than Asami does June. This is weird considering the gap between Desmond and Altair’s generation is way bigger than the gap between June and Asami’s.

Oct 14, 2012 at 08:05PM EDT
Quote

Alright, I’ve been out of the Avatar loop for, like, a billion years – because graduate school is hard. Anyone have any updates on the show? Any news? Any titillating details? Because, in all honesty, 90% of what I know about the world these days comes from this site.

Oct 27, 2012 at 10:59PM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

Alright, I’ve been out of the Avatar loop for, like, a billion years – because graduate school is hard. Anyone have any updates on the show? Any news? Any titillating details? Because, in all honesty, 90% of what I know about the world these days comes from this site.

Not much lately. Last update on the next season was San Diego Comic Con, what with the spirit world teasers and such. No other announcements have been made, so I’d assume they’re working on it now.

Hey, at least you and I can have new ponies on the tenth. That’s something, even if it isn’t Korra.

Oct 27, 2012 at 11:10PM EDT
Quote

Fridge wrote:

Not much lately. Last update on the next season was San Diego Comic Con, what with the spirit world teasers and such. No other announcements have been made, so I’d assume they’re working on it now.

Hey, at least you and I can have new ponies on the tenth. That’s something, even if it isn’t Korra.

Indeed it is, but I still feel a gap.

These two shows need to do a crossover, like, yesterday.

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:04AM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

Indeed it is, but I still feel a gap.

These two shows need to do a crossover, like, yesterday.

And look what I found just after I posted that :

(Protip: that’s the VA for Princess Azula.)

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:14AM EDT
Quote

Unrelated fanart is unrelated:

And a reply to Platus: I’m not a fan of MLP (In fact, I’d prefer it not be discussed on this thread) but I always had a soft spot for Derpy Hooves, assuming that’s the correct one.

Oct 28, 2012 at 01:15AM EDT
Quote

@Fridge Logic
“Re: Steve Blum:
I believe Grey Delisle, who played Azula, among others, said she would be playing the villain this time around.
about 5 hours agoQuote”

Really? I pictured the villian having a demonic male voice. Also, I didn’t really like Irohs voice being exactly the same as zuko, and I wouldn’t like to hear hers in the new villians voice.

Mar 29, 2013 at 06:09PM EDT
Quote

Thanks for bumping, Dac.

Alright, so since the release of the next season has been launched, this thread is back in business. A second thread was started because I thought that this one was locked, but we are going to migrate the discussion over here.

Flame-eo!

Mar 29, 2013 at 06:25PM EDT
Quote

I’m am so happy right now! I can’t believe it’s been a year since legend of Korea season started, and now we’re so close to season 2. I’m probably gonna change my profile pic to the new villian. I really like the design.

Mar 29, 2013 at 06:57PM EDT
Quote

So, Platus, where did you gt your information on the season 2 release date?

Mar 30, 2013 at 06:48PM EDT
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

So, Platus, where did you gt your information on the season 2 release date?

If I remember correctly, I saw a link to a story about it on my Facebook feed. I can’t remember if it was a friend or someone who I followed who posted it.

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:12PM EDT
Quote

I hope the tweet that story is based on is actually reliable, because if it isn’t then I’m gonna have a lot of explaining to do with my friends that I got hyped over this.

Mar 31, 2013 at 01:25AM EDT
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

I hope the tweet that story is based on is actually reliable, because if it isn’t then I’m gonna have a lot of explaining to do with my friends that I got hyped over this.

No pressure, or anything, Platus.

Mar 31, 2013 at 01:31AM EDT
Quote

Arlon The Serene (Free Cake) wrote:

No pressure, or anything, Platus.

Yeah, if you end up being wrong I’m just going to have to hunt you down and bring back your head to present to my friends in order to apologize to them for the major disappointment of being misled about the season premier. No pressure!

Mar 31, 2013 at 01:36AM EDT
Quote

Oh! Oh! Oh! I has memories!

I saw the link posted on the group page for the anime club at my old university – which I still follow like a creepy creeping creeper. It was posted by an anime nerd who co-majors in business and philosophy.

There – feel better?

Apr 01, 2013 at 01:13AM EDT
Quote

I’m sure we have plenty of Doug Walker/Nostalgia Critic fans on this site, and many Avatar fans are rejoicing that Doug is finally watching the entirety of The Last Airbender series. Not only that, he is doing a vlog on his thoughts on each episode

He says he plans on watching/doing a vlog on one episode a day, and he’s doing this not only because he is well aware of the strong following of this show but because he also plans on reviewing the M Night Shyamalan movie and feels it necessary that he knows the source material before hand.

Needless to say, I am very excited about this. I almost wish I didn’t watch the entire series a few months ago, because then I could watch along with Doug with a semi-fresh perspective on the show. Oh well.

I wonder, if he gets into the show, if he will be interested in watching Legend of Korra as well?

Jun 03, 2013 at 01:59PM EDT
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

I’m sure we have plenty of Doug Walker/Nostalgia Critic fans on this site, and many Avatar fans are rejoicing that Doug is finally watching the entirety of The Last Airbender series. Not only that, he is doing a vlog on his thoughts on each episode

He says he plans on watching/doing a vlog on one episode a day, and he’s doing this not only because he is well aware of the strong following of this show but because he also plans on reviewing the M Night Shyamalan movie and feels it necessary that he knows the source material before hand.

Needless to say, I am very excited about this. I almost wish I didn’t watch the entire series a few months ago, because then I could watch along with Doug with a semi-fresh perspective on the show. Oh well.

I wonder, if he gets into the show, if he will be interested in watching Legend of Korra as well?

How long is each episode? Is it like a Let’s Play, where he just gives commentary as he goes, or are Doug’s episodes shorter than the show’s? If the latter is true, then this might be a good way to get refreshed if you’ve forgotten everyhting.

Jun 03, 2013 at 03:00PM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

How long is each episode? Is it like a Let’s Play, where he just gives commentary as he goes, or are Doug’s episodes shorter than the show’s? If the latter is true, then this might be a good way to get refreshed if you’ve forgotten everyhting.

He’s just going to comment on his thought about the episode after watching it. The first episode is like 10 minutes long but I expect the other ones will be shorter, closer to 5 minutes.

Jun 03, 2013 at 06:14PM EDT
Quote

Alright you guys, the second season began today (for reals this time). Anyone catch the episode? Any thoughts? Let’s get this thread started up again.

Sep 13, 2013 at 09:21PM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

Alright you guys, the second season began today (for reals this time). Anyone catch the episode? Any thoughts? Let’s get this thread started up again.

Just watched it online like all the cool kids.
So much to say, don’t even know where to begin. Not being able to spell anyone’s name from a Water tribe is going to make conversation pretty difficult, though.

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:56PM EDT
Quote

Eccentric-businessman-whose-name-I-don’t-know is best character.

Asami confirmed for still being the most sympathetic character.

Bolin confirmed for still being the best comic relief.

Mako confirmed for James Bond in-the-making.

Korra confirmed for being a shitty girlfriend.

North Pole military occupation confirmed for being a military occupation.

Sep 14, 2013 at 12:45AM EDT
Quote

I can get behind this new antagonist, he’s a fan of weaponizing the normally unweaponizable.

I can sympathize with that.

Sep 14, 2013 at 03:46AM EDT
Quote

ConnerABacon wrote:

I can get behind this new antagonist, he’s a fan of weaponizing the normally unweaponizable.

I can sympathize with that.

You’re not already assuming Korra’s uncle is the villain, are you?

Sep 14, 2013 at 09:02AM EDT
Quote

There was a brief moment when they entered the eccentric businessman’s ship that Bosami seemed even remotely plausible. Then he had to go and talk to the Northern leader’s creepy kids. Bummer.
@Freecake
Maybe not the villain, but his motives certainly don’t overlap with the main crew’s.

Sep 14, 2013 at 09:44AM EDT
Quote

Is it just me or did they completely Play off the whole Amon equalist revolution like nothing happened?

Sep 15, 2013 at 07:13PM EDT
Quote

AvatarMike wrote:

Is it just me or did they completely Play off the whole Amon equalist revolution like nothing happened?

Agreed. I was expecting at the very least a montage of Korra going around and healing everyone who’d had their bending taken away.

And why aren’t Mako and Korra in the Fire Ferrets anymore? Mako is now a police officer for no reason and Korra is doing . . . basically nothing. It’s not like her training has stepped up that much. It’s an odd transition.

Sep 15, 2013 at 07:19PM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

Agreed. I was expecting at the very least a montage of Korra going around and healing everyone who’d had their bending taken away.

And why aren’t Mako and Korra in the Fire Ferrets anymore? Mako is now a police officer for no reason and Korra is doing . . . basically nothing. It’s not like her training has stepped up that much. It’s an odd transition.

Exactly! The first episode of book 2 in ATLA focused on Aang recreating the avatar state after the North Pole invasion. The first episode in book 3 was Aang recovering from the end of book 2.

Continuity!!! We saw no Lin, the equalists just disappeared, and we get a brief mention of mr sato being in prison. I hope things change…

Sep 16, 2013 at 09:24PM EDT
Quote

Arlon The Serene (Free Cake) wrote:

You’re not already assuming Korra’s uncle is the villain, are you?

Yeah, I’m sure that military fleet coming in from the north at the end of episode two was there to give everyone free hugs. It seemed pretty obvious from the get-go that the show wanted us to not trust this guy (right down to his kids being creepy weirdos that seem to enjoy randomly enslaving people). I may be jumping to conclusions here, but I’m theorizing that he is the one that summoned those spirits to attack the south (hence why he could control them so easily while everyone else, even the Avatar, couldn’t) and he was also involved in the banishing of Korra’s father. Either way, with all the subtle hints of his ill intentions the show keeps throwing at us, are we really gonna argue that he’s the good guy here? I wouldn’t call him a “villain” but I would definitely call him a corrupt political head.

I wonder if the rest of the season is going to be focused on this? This feels more to me like a story arc that will take another two episodes or so rather than a season-long battle.

Sep 20, 2013 at 08:58AM EDT
Quote

I thought korra was unreasonably cruel to Tenzin.

Sep 20, 2013 at 11:12AM EDT
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

Yeah, I’m sure that military fleet coming in from the north at the end of episode two was there to give everyone free hugs. It seemed pretty obvious from the get-go that the show wanted us to not trust this guy (right down to his kids being creepy weirdos that seem to enjoy randomly enslaving people). I may be jumping to conclusions here, but I’m theorizing that he is the one that summoned those spirits to attack the south (hence why he could control them so easily while everyone else, even the Avatar, couldn’t) and he was also involved in the banishing of Korra’s father. Either way, with all the subtle hints of his ill intentions the show keeps throwing at us, are we really gonna argue that he’s the good guy here? I wouldn’t call him a “villain” but I would definitely call him a corrupt political head.

I wonder if the rest of the season is going to be focused on this? This feels more to me like a story arc that will take another two episodes or so rather than a season-long battle.

I’m not saying that he’s not a jerk, I just don’t think he’s the reason for the spirits attacks and thus the season’s main bad guy. I believe the point was to make people think he’s clearly the villain and then set up for the plot twist when the heroes find out too late that it’s not him.

Sep 20, 2013 at 05:18PM EDT
Quote

THEORY TIME

Both Unalaq and the South Pole “rebels” are being played for tools by Varrick. His character promo said that he’ll do anything for a quick buck and he may or may not be involved with underworld gangs, so I’m guessing he’s actually trying to spark the civil war for the sake of boosting business while using those connections he may or may not have to spring himself out of jail before everything goes to hell.

Then again, we already had the “evil businessman hiding behind a genial facade” character last season, so it’s also possible that Varrick is just a self-centered loon and Unalaq really is the primary villain this time. Whatever the case, Unalaq is an asshole for crashing that adorable scene between Korra and her parents.

Sep 20, 2013 at 08:40PM EDT
Quote

Jyron Stone wrote:

THEORY TIME

Both Unalaq and the South Pole “rebels” are being played for tools by Varrick. His character promo said that he’ll do anything for a quick buck and he may or may not be involved with underworld gangs, so I’m guessing he’s actually trying to spark the civil war for the sake of boosting business while using those connections he may or may not have to spring himself out of jail before everything goes to hell.

Then again, we already had the “evil businessman hiding behind a genial facade” character last season, so it’s also possible that Varrick is just a self-centered loon and Unalaq really is the primary villain this time. Whatever the case, Unalaq is an asshole for crashing that adorable scene between Korra and her parents.

My theory? We haven’t seen the main villain yet. Or, at the very least, there is some kind of major antagonist who has yet to be revealed. Mike and Brian know better than to put their cards on the table this early in the season.

Sep 21, 2013 at 12:00AM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

My theory? We haven’t seen the main villain yet. Or, at the very least, there is some kind of major antagonist who has yet to be revealed. Mike and Brian know better than to put their cards on the table this early in the season.

Here, here. I have faith in them to not make the main villain so obvious and predictable. I’d bet money Unalaq isn’t behind the spirit attacks and really is just that steadfast in his convictions. Also, I agree with Jyron that Varrick is probably hiding something, but I’m not sure he’s the one behind everything.
On another note, while I like that they’re focusing a lot of family back story for both Korra and Aang’s children, in the process, Mako, Bolin and especially Asami have been cast out of the spotlight, which is sad. My worst fear is that Asami will just show up with new inventions (Which would be a weird way to help fight ancient spirits.) and then disappear into the shadows.

Sep 21, 2013 at 07:45AM EDT
Quote

I love Tenzin/Kya/Bumi scenes

Sep 21, 2013 at 11:23PM EDT

Just thought you guys would like to see this. It’s not black, but it’s still made of fucking meteorite.

Sep 23, 2013 at 08:27PM EDT
Quote

Jostin Asuncion wrote:

Just thought you guys would like to see this. It’s not black, but it’s still made of fucking meteorite.

That was 98% awesome.

That’s 100% for the forging
-1% for that terrible Sokka impression
and -1% for stabbing the series DVD instead of the movie DVD at the end

I wonder what he does with all this stuff he makes.

Sep 23, 2013 at 08:52PM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

That was 98% awesome.

That’s 100% for the forging
-1% for that terrible Sokka impression
and -1% for stabbing the series DVD instead of the movie DVD at the end

I wonder what he does with all this stuff he makes.

Better correct that to 99%. I’m pretty sure that’s the Shamalamadingdong movie he just ripped to shreds.

Sep 23, 2013 at 09:29PM EDT
Quote

Jostin Asuncion wrote:

Better correct that to 99%. I’m pretty sure that’s the Shamalamadingdong movie he just ripped to shreds.

Darn it, you’re right. I guess with all those special effects they needed to hide the shittyness, I thought I was looking at something that had been animated. My bad.

99% it is!

Sep 23, 2013 at 09:53PM EDT
Quote

I like everone’s theories, very interesting. I also think that a villain or supporting character could be the briefly elected president of republic city. Why else would they mention him?

Sep 23, 2013 at 10:30PM EDT
Quote

Ok, ok, as much as I’d like to continue the discussion on who the villain is…

… are we all glossing over the mysterious glowing avatar statue Jinora runs into?

BTW I totally don’t believe that Unalaq is the big bad, he’s so obviously set up that he has to be at most a side bad to allow the big bad to seem all the more menacing when he shows up, or something

Sep 23, 2013 at 11:42PM EDT
Quote

Hello! You must login or signup first!