Forums / Discussion / General

232,637 total conversations in 7,778 threads

+ New Thread

Explain your phobias..

Last posted Mar 27, 2012 at 02:30AM EDT. Added Mar 22, 2012 at 12:44PM EDT
28 posts from 18 users

Most people have the irrational fear of something. these fears sometimes don't make sense but people are still terrefied.
These fears might be irrational, but they do make some sense. Let's have everyone here explain their phobias and how they affect them and their thinking…

I have Claustrophobia – the fear of enclosed spaces. whenever i am in a tight space with limited ability to move, fear starts growing. the narrower the space, the more terrefied i become.
I am not afraid of caves generally, only when i need to crawl or move through a really small passage, the fear is even worse when i don't see the exit.
The fear of somehow getting stuck or the tunnel getting blocked and i be stuck there forever, slowly dying from hunger and thirst while having no way to move freely.
Just the mere thinking about it makes my tummy feel funny…

so what phobia's do you have?
(trolling is accepted only if done with good taste)

I don't like bees. I used to be really afraid of them, but not so much anymore, although I still avoid them if possible. Not because someone put a cage full of them on my head Ă  la Nic Cage, but because I fell into a beehive when I was on vacation in Vermont when I was 4.

My family has some strange phobias though. My mother is afraid of chewing gum (apparently Oprah is too), and my sister is mortally afraid of buttons. Go figure.

I have a fear of spiders and that is not irrational. Spiders are evil creatures and they will try to kill you when the opportunity presents itself.
look at this thing it just screams evil

Last edited Mar 22, 2012 at 12:58PM EDT

yah wrote:

I have a fear of spiders and that is not irrational. Spiders are evil creatures and they will try to kill you when the opportunity presents itself.

d'awwww! it's so precious!

How can you call that poor thing evil?

I'm afraid that people will judge me about my fear of people judging me about my fear of people judging me about my fear of people judging me about my fear of people judging me about my fear of people judging me about my fear of people judging me

MDFification wrote:

I'm afraid that people will judge me about my fear of people judging me about my fear of people judging me about my fear of people judging me about my fear of people judging me about my fear of people judging me about my fear of people judging me

I'm judging you.

Aristocatification aka Lolishiiit wrote:

I don't have to explain shit for being scared of this!

Wow you actually hit my fear on the head with that photo, I hate holes in skin ever scene I saw this in school.
If I didn't spend so much on my monitors, I wouldn't stop till I had nothing but wrists.

Last edited Mar 22, 2012 at 06:44PM EDT

I have Entomophobia and and Arachnophobia.

I was lying in bed one night, and I felt strange pattering in my mouth. I opened it, and about two small spiders and 3 flies were in there. Turns out our front door was open. I start to have palpitations whenever I see an an insect or spider.

(And yes, I'm not lying)

yah wrote:

dear f'ing lord, that picture with that girl that has these… things… is pretty damn horrifying… (not quoting so that it won't be copied again) it's probebly 'shopped because there us no way she will be smiling if these things were real…

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

dear f'ing lord, that picture with that girl that has these… things… is pretty damn horrifying… (not quoting so that it won't be copied again) it's probebly 'shopped because there us no way she will be smiling if these things were real…

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Aristocatification aka Lolishiiit wrote:

I don't have to explain shit for being scared of this!

I don't find this scary, just creepy as hell…and also very, very curious.

First image might be shopped but still, what's it about? Some art piece?

Second image has to be very, very good movie-grade zombie makeup. There is no way that's a real…fungus…coral…living creature growing out of the back of someones neck…

If it is real, that is freaking awesome! What is it? What is it? What is it? I must know! Tell me what to Google.

[edit]

Found the web page it comes from, but no commentary on it. I think its just really good makeup. When it comes to holes like that in the skin, I can only find discussion of cysts, but that ain't no cyst.

Back on topic.

I'm not entirely sure what my phobia's are. Spiders and public speaking don't bother me that much compared to others

But I seem to be pretty anxious about riding on roller coasters. Takes me a hell of a lot of nerve to get on those things. Even when kids younger than me just hop right on the ride and go 'WHEEE', I tend to stand back and think of excuses not to go unless someone drags me on.

No idea why I get freaked out by rides that are for all intents and purposes, harmless as long as you follow the safety guidelines

Last edited Mar 23, 2012 at 11:52AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!