Forums / Discussion / General

232,902 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Michael Bay is turning the Ninja Turtles into aliens

Last posted Mar 23, 2012 at 06:13PM EDT. Added Mar 22, 2012 at 07:41PM EDT
18 posts from 15 users

Cale wrote:

This changes almost nothing about them.

They're called "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" for a reason. Making them aliens destroys their entire awesome backstory, and thus makes no flipping sense.

Original "Turtles" creator Peter Laird has voiced his opinion on the matter, and he's not exactly angry.

Despite this, I can't feel that this is going to turn out well. Remember the last time Michael Bay rebooted a beloved thing from your childhood? You know, Transformers? Granted, I'm sure there are people who will defend the new films, with all the sex and explosions, but as far as I'm concerned, they're terrible. Dark of the Moon actually made my head hurt.

Fridge wrote:

They're called "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" for a reason. Making them aliens destroys their entire awesome backstory, and thus makes no flipping sense.

Original "Turtles" creator Peter Laird has voiced his opinion on the matter, and he's not exactly angry.

Despite this, I can't feel that this is going to turn out well. Remember the last time Michael Bay rebooted a beloved thing from your childhood? You know, Transformers? Granted, I'm sure there are people who will defend the new films, with all the sex and explosions, but as far as I'm concerned, they're terrible. Dark of the Moon actually made my head hurt.

Does being aliens change the fact that they are bipedal talking turtles with stereotypical ninja traits?

Yes I heard the news unfortunately, from Nostalgia Critic (Who for some reason is Hyped about this movie)
I don't know what to expected!

Oh well, for once again Hollywood is going to rape my childhood…

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!