Forums / Discussion / General

232,893 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

The KYM Forum Enrichment Program

Last posted Mar 31, 2012 at 01:03AM EDT. Added Mar 25, 2012 at 06:53PM EDT
82 posts from 26 users

I've noticed that everyone has been complaining recently about how the forums are in an entertainment rut and that useless threads are dreadfully abound. Thus, I decided that we should take action. In this thread, post what you would like to see more of in the forums, or what features you would like added to them (Different forum types, krama-button upgrades, etc.) Anyone willing should then get to making quality threads that members want, or that they believe to be quality. Every forum member has a responsibility to keep his forum awesome, and I want this thread to be a tool in aiding the forum-goers in that venue.

BBCode.
Jump to the last page when I click a topic.
More topics per page on forums (not more posts per page)
Multiquote capability
The ability to edit posts FOREVER
Give everyone a metric fuckton of hookers and blow

More people taking this thread seriously.
Less negative krama being slammed onto new users who aren't aware of the rules yet.
Perhaps an obvious location where users can quickly read all the rules without heavy searching.

Last edited Mar 25, 2012 at 07:11PM EDT

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

This forum is not about me getting raped while you people fap to it, yeah know…
ಠ_ಠ

I've never been to the shipping thread nor know what goes on in there.

But my dick is unbelievably hard right now.

burning_phoneix wrote:

I've never been to the shipping thread nor know what goes on in there.

But my dick is unbelievably hard right now.

This is why I don't sleep at night.

Last edited Mar 25, 2012 at 07:28PM EDT

RocketPropelledPanda   wrote:

More people taking this thread seriously.
Less negative krama being slammed onto new users who aren't aware of the rules yet.
Perhaps an obvious location where users can quickly read all the rules without heavy searching.

• Yes.
    • >yfw people are being serious
  • Nope. I don't like the current system of karma, but considering we have it, it's a useful mechanism. Once you see how much negakarma you get, you learn what to do on the forum. I wish people wouldn't be so quick to the trigger, but as long as there's karma, people will abuse it.
  • Well…
    • They're off to the right when you quote a post, but not on the page if you simply respond to OP. That's a little odd.
    • But it's stickied in General. If you go to "All Forum Posts," then you don't see it, but it's right at the top in the General board.

I'd actually like more specific rules too. There are 6 rules, 2 are catch-all rules, and there is no mention of punishment for offenses. As it stands there's a post

And actually, I'd say a way to fix the quality of threads is for mods to lock more of the dumb threads and start banning people. As it stands, I only lock things that look like they're going to start crap among users or threads that are redundant.

But…we don't all agree on what is dumb and what's innocent fun. So that's a problem. We'd all lock different stuff for different reasons. If we did start locking more threads, then I think we would need more defined guidelines so we can moderate somewhat equally.

And we'd have to figure out a way to do all of that without making everyone feel like no fun is allowed.

I say we ask Algernon what to do.

ALSO NOTE that this was posted in General. Jokes are fine, but keep things on topic, please.

Last edited Mar 25, 2012 at 07:46PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Quality argumenting.

Ahem

Dearest CitationNeeded,

It has come to my attention that as of late, your comments (Especially in my "KYM Forum Enrichment Program" thread) have been distastefully narcissistic. I request that you refrain from such egotistical remarks, or I will have to resort to continued argument. Please at least give mind to my request, as it is of the utmost importance.

With love,
RussianFedora.

Last edited Mar 25, 2012 at 08:06PM EDT
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Piano wrote:

Ahem

Dearest CitationNeeded,

It has come to my attention that as of late, your comments (Especially in my "KYM Forum Enrichment Program" thread) have been distastefully narcissistic. I request that you refrain from such egotistical remarks, or I will have to resort to continued argument. Please at least give mind to my request, as it is of the utmost importance.

With love,
RussianFedora.

No.

Cite wrote:

No.

Dearest CitationNeeded,

As you may be able to tell by my writing, I have become moderately disgruntled by your incessantly repetitive refusal of my requests. Additionally, you have starkly turned away from the course of more astute argument styles that I have taken in light of Sir RandomMan's plea. As such, I will ask but once more for you to refrain from the aforementioned tedious narcissism that accompanies your comments, or I will be forced to take these procedures to the honorable High Etiquette Court.

With love,
RussianFedora.

Last edited Mar 25, 2012 at 08:12PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

• Yes.
    • >yfw people are being serious
  • Nope. I don't like the current system of karma, but considering we have it, it's a useful mechanism. Once you see how much negakarma you get, you learn what to do on the forum. I wish people wouldn't be so quick to the trigger, but as long as there's karma, people will abuse it.
  • Well…
    • They're off to the right when you quote a post, but not on the page if you simply respond to OP. That's a little odd.
    • But it's stickied in General. If you go to "All Forum Posts," then you don't see it, but it's right at the top in the General board.

I'd actually like more specific rules too. There are 6 rules, 2 are catch-all rules, and there is no mention of punishment for offenses. As it stands there's a post

And actually, I'd say a way to fix the quality of threads is for mods to lock more of the dumb threads and start banning people. As it stands, I only lock things that look like they're going to start crap among users or threads that are redundant.

But…we don't all agree on what is dumb and what's innocent fun. So that's a problem. We'd all lock different stuff for different reasons. If we did start locking more threads, then I think we would need more defined guidelines so we can moderate somewhat equally.

And we'd have to figure out a way to do all of that without making everyone feel like no fun is allowed.

I say we ask Algernon what to do.

ALSO NOTE that this was posted in General. Jokes are fine, but keep things on topic, please.

Thank you for the response, I think my main point is that the rules need to be better defined, and not hidden inside the quote area. While it is nice that the rules are stickied, I don't think a large quantity of new users are going to join KYM, and immediately think "Oh, I did not see a set of rules when I entered this fine establishment. I feel it would be quite the right idea if I were to browse the General section looking for the rules, as that makes the most sense in such a situation.”

Also, I understand how you and the rest of the mods do quality control; I was mainly making a jab at the users who were posting silly comments that contributed nothing here. It must be a bother not being allowed to kick/ban those users whom act unhealthily.

Though back on my other point of the negative karma on new users, while it is how most users learn to post in acceptable ways, it is a harsh entry rite and it sways many new users from staying here when they can’t understand certain flaws in their posts. If the rules were more readily available and well defined, I think this would ease the entry process for new users and help resolve conflicts between users fighting over rule specifications. Just yesterday I had a discussion with Cyber6x and the nice fellow gi97ol, the latter is relatively new but highly productive and a great asset to KYM, however when he attempted to communicate with the rest of the userbase through the forums, he was washed away with negative karma, and as it turned out, this was because he was never made aware of many rules and regulations that don’t tend to be very obvious.

Hopefully my rambling isn’t too much of a bother to read, but I just wanted to get my point across.
Last edited Mar 25, 2012 at 08:14PM EDT
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Piano wrote:

Dearest CitationNeeded,

As you may be able to tell by my writing, I have become moderately disgruntled by your incessantly repetitive refusal of my requests. Additionally, you have starkly turned away from the course of more astute argument styles that I have taken in light of Sir RandomMan's plea. As such, I will ask but once more for you to refrain from the aforementioned tedious narcissism that accompanies your comments, or I will be forced to take these procedures to the honorable High Etiquette Court.

With love,
RussianFedora.

No.

Cite wrote:

No.

Dearest CitationNeeded,

You know what, I'm getting tired of this. I put so much work into using good grammar and a strenuous array of words, and you don't even contribute. Why do you so stubbornly choose to be lazy about this argument?

With malice,
RussianFedora.

What we need is commentary! ahem.

Looks like RussianFedora has pulled out an amazing lead against CitationNeeded with an amazing lead of 12 to negative 10! Can Citation pull himself up and defeat the Moscow Manhandler? Probably not!

We'll be right back, but first, a message from our sponsor, the 2012 Chevy Sonic.

Kalmo wrote:

Stop telling him to stop. He's just gonna keep being stupid.

Except I have stopped….

Last edited Mar 25, 2012 at 08:52PM EDT

All the old, good posters that everyone liked left. Now it's all shit.

Ric wrote:

Yes it is and you know it. Now where's Slendy?

Erin ◕ω◕ wrote:

All the old, good posters that everyone liked left. Now it's all shit.

Ric wrote:

Yes it is and you know it. Now where's Slendy?

IN MY CHOCOLATE MILK!!!

No seriously, he is most likely asleep, but let's get back on track of this thread:
I do not think that threads lack quality anymore, we still make a few good threads, but the amount of threads that people considered "bad" seems to outweigh of how much they considered "good" when it comes down to it, it is how you look at all this, I am a optimistic type person.
Also the fact we kind of ran out of ideas could be factor, I am not saying we did but I think originality can be stagnant after a while.

Last edited Mar 25, 2012 at 10:11PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!