Forums / Discussion / General

232,886 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

April Fools Day Jokes Collection

Last posted Apr 03, 2012 at 05:04AM EDT. Added Apr 01, 2012 at 04:56AM EDT
36 posts from 24 users

Drpepperfan wanted to make this thread but couldn't due to some weird bug. Anyway, post the things various sites have done for Easter April fools. This can include Easter eggs, site changes, redirects, etc.

Here's a few:

KnowYourMeme

For our own awesome site, we had a sale on all entries! Bargain prices! Everything must go!

Google Maps

For April Fools, Google Maps had a Quest button that would transform the world map into a 8 bit style map with sprites of castles, shrubs etc. The street view was transformed into a pixelated and lack of colors view.

Memebase

Over at Memebase, the mods accidentally changed the pH of the site, transforming it into MemeAcid. All front-paged posts that day had that weird text with tiny symbols coming of it.

Chrome Ad-Block

The Ab-blocking add-on for Google Chrome instead of blocking ads, transformed them into cat images. Someone will be happy. I've heard that the developer is considering making it it's own separate add-on.

Imgur

Imgur adopted the Giraffe as their new mascot. With the background of Imgur.com being a giraffe for the day.

Mars Effect

MineCraft creator Notch launched the site marseffect.net advertsing his not fake upcoming game that's definitely not a parody of Mass Effect.

Post any others!

Last edited Apr 01, 2012 at 05:25AM EDT
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

why do they call it a Xbox 360 because when u see it u turn 360 degrees and walk away from it lolololol

Entry Sales as KYM april fools joke?

I know something better…

Why don't we just Confirm and Feature "Super Robo Jesus". Even if it'd be for just for one day.

It would be glorious.

Muumi wrote:

I know something better…

Why don't we just Confirm and Feature "Super Robo Jesus". Even if it'd be for just for one day.

It would be glorious.

Muumi wrote:

I know something better…

It would be glorious.

Wargaming over in World of Tanks ran this hilarious "update" to the game. The news story in the middle is actually true but the two surrounding it are just jokes:

^On that same token, the Bethesda Forums have changed all the topic titles to ponies.

And let's not forget The YouTube Collection.

And Google Racing, although it is based on a real project to build a car that drives itself. And there's Chrome Multitask Mode.

In fact, Google has made so many jokes this year, that listing them all here would be too time consuming. Here's a compilation of all of Google's jokes.

Okay wait this is the best one:

Last edited Apr 01, 2012 at 09:12AM EDT

Muumi wrote:

I know something better…

It would be glorious.

You have no idea how tempted I am to do it now.

here are two jokes i found:
leage of legends: 3D update:
love LoL? good. now how about in 3d? AWSOME!:

also: the return of Urf the manatee

And i also found a preverted MLP:FiM joke from… i shit you not… Hentaikey… (i do not regulate this site i got a link on /mlp/)and here’s the actual ‘game’ IT’S PERFECTLY SFW no need to worry 100% assured!

perectly safe link
now post what you found… and wasn’t posted on the forums yet

also: here is an interesting joke by jagex the makers of runescape and funorb it… jagmotion?

Last edited Apr 01, 2012 at 01:15PM EDT

Let's make a list for the stuff users on KYM did.

• The staff allowed the purchase of entries.
  • Various mods and members are being impersonated.
  • JFF is being flooded with April Fools threads.
  • I confirmed Super Robo Jesus.
  • Mister J and Efrain turned the MLP article into Comic Sans and G1.

Anything to add to this?

RandomMan wrote:

Anything to add to this?

Alejandro made a "new dramatic reading entry"https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/april-1-2012: describing the purchasing event.

RandomMan wrote:

Anything to add to this?

uhhhh…

you do know we have to clean all this up.. :)

Well, I tried to buy most memes with an altered account that played off of the meme itself.

"And who ran up a $3.61 charge for a purchase from KnowYourMeme.com, young lady?"
[photo:277644]

Today: bacon… Tomorrow: I CAN HAZ CHEEZBURGER!
[photo:277645]

This is relevant to my interests…
[photo:277648]

I know I wasn't the only one who did this; we ought to get a list.

Jolly Jew wrote:

And i also found a preverted MLP:FiM joke from… i shit you not… Hentaikey…

…and I have just uploaded my first ever picture to the MLP:FIM entry:
[photo:277863]
Gotta love the mane drills.

Here's a list of what all the Memebase sites did to all front-paged things that day:

• Very Demovational made all images reverse demovationals (with a black box where the image would normally be and the image only being seen on the edges).

• This is Photobomb made them Where's Waldo images

• GraphJam front-paged Graph Jams and other raps about charts.

• Senor Gif front-paged all kinds of weird gifs

• Comixed only front-paged depressing comics.

• Art of Trolling front-paged only pictures of Trollz

• Rage Comics exclusively had rage comics that featured Dolan

• Superheroes only had panels of unpopular super-villains.

• Pokememes frontpaged everything but Pokemon

• My Little Brony faked that MLP:FiM got cancelled

• Fandom only front-paged Twilight related things

• Science posted false facts

• And finally, Video-games had only table-top / physical games
Last edited Apr 02, 2012 at 01:39AM EDT

I faked my death ( by Pneumonia ) in front of my best friend, coughing fake blood and all… she wanted to punch my face to death after i went "HA! APRIL FOOLS! Who's bad?"… Next year i plan to fake my death once again, however i will have a "Fight" with her boyfriend… only to jump from the 3rd floor of the building (Just like how Shin died in Hokuto no Ken) only to fall in one of those inflatable stunt mattresses

Last edited Apr 02, 2012 at 10:05PM EDT

Kasumi Kenshiro wrote:

I faked my death ( by Pneumonia ) in front of my best friend, coughing fake blood and all… she wanted to punch my face to death after i went "HA! APRIL FOOLS! Who's bad?"… Next year i plan to fake my death once again, however i will have a "Fight" with her boyfriend… only to jump from the 3rd floor of the building (Just like how Shin died in Hokuto no Ken) only to fall in one of those inflatable stunt mattresses

Ah, I've thought of many April Fools pranks that I'd decided were pushing things too far, but there's a big part of me that's pleased that there are those who are willing to go there anyway.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!