Forums / Discussion / General

232,891 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Is this real life

Last posted Apr 21, 2012 at 08:24PM EDT. Added Apr 17, 2012 at 11:06PM EDT
54 posts from 33 users

So, tell me 'oldfags', or as the newfags here would consider you now, tell me about this shithole I left called the KYM Forums? How's everyone been since I last posted during Christmas time? Posting this from my iPhone, just thought bout you fellas.

With love~
That mofucking hamburgler called Dane

I figure "half-and-half" might be the best way to explain things.

Half of the new posters frequent Pony General, and half of those post elsewhere in the forums.

Half of the new users are pretty cool, half of which focus on being lulzy and that other half can be more serious.

Half of the new users are the bane of my existence.

A few users have left, most of which said the forum had gotten boring.

Half of the threads are uninspired crap, in my opinion, but a small percentage of them become golden. Half of the threads are OK, some of which stay active where users get some good value out of them.

Nothing special, I guess.

Well, Sweatie and Ashbot left after the forum quality dropped, most mods are now a bit angry at the userbase, and there are new mods like me.
Also, Gaben and Notch are both bronies.

Well, hello there Dane

I'm the Blue Screen of Death and one of the biggest forum whores here.

I am not sure if you have ever heard of me either since I only started whoring a few months ago. But I have heard of you, apparently you are famous here.

@Twins

Did you really need to do that? If we wanted to see the full size image we could just right click on it and open it in a new window.

I think the posts in this thread is a prime example of that "half-and-half" I was talking about. And a couple of posts that make me consider giving up the whole teetotaler thing.

Well, obviously, we have a Dane on Know Your Meme. He’s climbing in your forums, he’s snatching your burgers up, trying to eat 'em so y’all need to hide your burgers, hide your cheeseburgers, and hide your fries, 'cause they’re letting everybody in here.

Hmmm, too early in the morning for real creativity…

Well, nothing changed much.
We exchanged our oldfags for some of what where back in the day newfags. Then we got more newfags.
We still rarely come up with decent threads, we still have terrible trolling, etc.
However, we have less shitstorms about MLP. We've kind of created a wall of silence around that, thank god.
Are you considering coming back?

Has nobody said Or is this Just Fantasy yet? Thread, I am dissapoint.

Last edited Apr 18, 2012 at 11:13AM EDT

So would you consider yourself an oldfag? Do users around you consider you to be an oldfag? I'm just curious because I've only heard about you.

madcat wrote:

So would you consider yourself an oldfag? Do users around you consider you to be an oldfag? I'm just curious because I've only heard about you.

I consider him an old member. When I joined, he was just a middle-aged member, though.

Piano wrote:

I consider him an old member. When I joined, he was just a middle-aged member, though.

All right. I was just really curious, because I joined before him; and I don't consider myself to be that old of a member.

madcat wrote:

All right. I was just really curious, because I joined before him; and I don't consider myself to be that old of a member.

I think one year of activity is the benchmark for being an old member, so yeah, you're old.

Piano wrote:

I think one year of activity is the benchmark for being an old member, so yeah, you're old.

There is no benchmark for becoming an oldfag, people just give themselves or others the title whenever they see fit. And those who see themselves as oldfags, are the biggest newfags of them all.

Last edited Apr 18, 2012 at 09:55PM EDT

Hay guize. But yeah, I just realized my iPhone that I got a couple months ago can be like my mini laptop. $wag, yo. But no, unfortunately I won't be making a full time comeback. I originally planned to Brett Favre this whole shit if you guys know what I mean. But holy sweet mother of god, ashbot and sweatie left??? Noooooooooooo…I can see why!! Haha nah I kid, but yeah….I've been good. Yeah. And sorry ladies, I'm taken. I wish my FUCKING parents would take off the filter on my comp…Shit SUCKS. But 4chan is still cooler than you guys, but oh we'll I've always loved all of you, besides Troll King and RussianFedora of course.

That's all I have for today, folks

Dane wrote:

Hay guize. But yeah, I just realized my iPhone that I got a couple months ago can be like my mini laptop. $wag, yo. But no, unfortunately I won't be making a full time comeback. I originally planned to Brett Favre this whole shit if you guys know what I mean. But holy sweet mother of god, ashbot and sweatie left??? Noooooooooooo…I can see why!! Haha nah I kid, but yeah….I've been good. Yeah. And sorry ladies, I'm taken. I wish my FUCKING parents would take off the filter on my comp…Shit SUCKS. But 4chan is still cooler than you guys, but oh we'll I've always loved all of you, besides Troll King and RussianFedora of course.

That post completely ignored every question we asked. You should be a politician.

RandomMan wrote:

There is no benchmark for becoming an oldfag, people just give themselves or others the title whenever they see fit. And those who see themselves as oldfags, are the biggest newfags of them all.

All this newfag/oldfag talk makes me nostalgic…

Dane wrote:

>Filter blocks KYM
>Lets through 4chan
>Spaghetti falls out of laptop

RandomMan wrote:

I think the easiest way to tell if someone is an oldfag yet is to ask them what they think about any change to their site. The more they bitch, moan, whine, and complain, the more of an oldfag they are. Of course, this isn't always the case, but most of the time they are the ones doing most of the complaining. Note that this isn't meant as commentary on our own oldfags, but just oldfags in general. Possibly even your grandparents are oldfags for the physical world.

MDFification wrote:

>Filter blocks KYM
>Lets through 4chan
>Spaghetti falls out of laptop

>4chan is easy as shit to get on on my iPhone, KYM not so much
>ok so I'm walking to school one day
>get to school, spot a bro
>he takes my phone
>ask why he takes it
>'duuuude watch what happens if you google 'do a barrel roll''
>types it in
>watch it do a barrel roll
>start crying
>i get a odd feeling in my pockets
>run to bathroom because I know the inevitable is about to happen
>run into janitor on way to bathroom
>it's chuck testa
>spaghetti noodle falls out of pocket
>shitshitshit this isn't happening right now
>retard sprints by at warp speed
>tard wrangler is running after him
>tard wrangler slips on spaghetti noodle
>broken arm
>feel even more terrible
>OMGWTFBBQ the spaghetti is just flying out of my pockets now
>cant do shit about it
>reach bathroom but leaves a trail of spaghetti
>I hope my principal doesn't see it
>my pants are covered in spaghetti sauce by now
>bell rings
>fucktheworld.jpg
>sit down in class, spaghetti squishes as I sit
>suddenly spiderman
>faint and fall out of chair
>Kurt Cobain gets in the door
>gets on the floor
>everybody walks the dinosaur

Hi, I'm probably a newfag given my Contributions numbers, account age, and the fact that I hadn't heard of you until now.

This thread has been… enlightening. I hadn't realized that a lot of people had nostalgia for the way KYM used to be (before my time no doubt) and don't like the way it is now, or that the mods are angry with the userbase, or that warcraftnerd1234 was still kicking around, or that Mister J hasn't yet abused his power enough to get it taken away ;)

What are the mods angry at the userbase about?
BNMs making crap articles? People still commenting with +1 confirm/deadpool/work/wait/etc. despite that that doesn't do anything? No one bothering to read the rules or any other stickied thread that they should read? Dumb repetitive questions as a result of that, like "How do I embed images/videos?" Grammar? Grammies? The loss of most of the KYM Scientists that were in the episodes (IMO Forest + Christina are better anyway)? The ridiculous task of moderating the Pony General threads and/or the MLP image + video galleries? The sheer number of deadpooled + submission articles that will go untouched for the rest of eternity? That weird glitch with the audio of video ads playing in the background of articles sometimes that is impossible to control and sends browser memory consumption through the roof? Blasphemers who challenge RandomMan's swag & omnipotence? Users embedding music in their profile pages as if this is MySpace (guilty as charged)?

@Captain Troper

• Karma whoring (i.e., Posting an off-topic comment for lulz. Just don't post.)
  • Intentional derails.
  • Threads with no real topic.

And, at times, the Pony General thread.

Verbose wrote:

@Captain Troper

• Intentional derails.

I think I might also add that Verbose doesn't particularly like platitudinous threads, obviously. If fact that was so obvious, I think it would go with almost every mod.

Verbose wrote:

@Captain Troper

• Intentional derails.

• Thread spamming. (This was really heavy the last few weeks.)
  • Attention whoring. (Dumb posts that only serve to let others know you're still alive.)
  • What Quantum said.

I disagree with Verbose's description of Karma whoring. Making a joke or off-topic post doesn't have to be an attempt to karma whore. You can also make it to, you know, just make a joke or be funny. It doesn't have to be serious business all the time. Plus everyone here is guilty of making an off-topic joke post at least once, no exceptions.

@Captain Troper

I also didn't know of Dane. But I have seen the threads that apparently make everyone miss the old KYM. I can confirm to you that there's no reason to miss it. The old KYM makes even less sense than the current one. There were just less users, so stupidity came in lower quantities.

And don't worry, I can't really think of anything that might make me see you as annoying.

Last edited Apr 21, 2012 at 02:08PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!