Forums / Discussion / General

232,837 total conversations in 7,785 threads

+ New Thread

Myspace General

Last posted Apr 23, 2012 at 06:41PM EDT. Added Apr 19, 2012 at 02:05PM EDT
13 posts from 8 users

One of my tumblr pals just reminded me of this song about falling in love on myspace and I was reminded of how Myspace used to play this huge role in my internet life and now it just doesn't.

ITT: WHO IS IN YOUR TOP 8, POST A BULLETIN, POUR OUT A 40 FOR FALLEN INTERNETS

So, for those of you who actually used MySpace back in its heyday, could you possibly validate a particular vexation of my middle-school self:

How many actual pedophiles were on the site?

That seems to be part of what sunk its reputation, as Facebook grew in popularity and was deemed a "safer" alternative, at least in my own experience.

Last edited Apr 20, 2012 at 11:42PM EDT

Fridge wrote:

So, for those of you who actually used MySpace back in its heyday, could you possibly validate a particular vexation of my middle-school self:

How many actual pedophiles were on the site?

That seems to be part of what sunk its reputation, as Facebook grew in popularity and was deemed a "safer" alternative, at least in my own experience.

I never met any pedophiles :(

I would get a lot of weird messages from people asking if I needed a drug dealer though

Fridge wrote:

Tom wants to be your friend!

Ironically, this pic is from his Facebook page.

Nowadays, Tom has nothing to do with MySpace. In fact, he posted about how even though he made MySpace, he hates the site now. He hates what the new people have done with it. Shows how much MySpace has fallen when the site's creator hates his own site.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!