Forums / Discussion / General

169,573 total conversations in 5,527 threads

+ New Thread

I love how KYM is pretty much untouchable.

Last posted May 07, 2012 at 08:57PM EDT. Added May 05, 2012 at 01:39AM EDT
47 posts from 26 users

Seriously, its kind of awesome! KYM and all the people here are able to just sit in our recliners and watch all the “srs bisns” that goes on between all the other websites, while documenting it.

May 05, 2012 at 01:39AM EDT

The only thing they can really do to us is to spam us with gore or try to DDoS us.

Thankfully the first hasn’t happened in a long time and the second has never been pulled on us.

People don’t like that we’re breaking their ‘secret clubs’ but I do enjoy the fact that we are becoming a hub for information about the going-ons of the web.

May 05, 2012 at 01:41AM EDT

Chris wrote:

I do enjoy the fact that we are becoming a hub for information about the going-ons of the web.

That’s what drew me to the site in the first place. Keep it up y’all.

May 05, 2012 at 01:50AM EDT

What you just said is what most of us can only hope that BNMs say.

May 05, 2012 at 01:53AM EDT

Well we do try to keep a neutral standpoint on everything that goes on. Unbiased opinions tend to give the best results for research and publication. Sure there have been some stuff we have confirmed or have not yet confirmed that may be iffy, but other than that I think we do a pretty good job of documentation and archiving.

neat.jpg

May 05, 2012 at 01:53AM EDT

Not to mention the people that post here. You all, for the most part, seem like very chill and nice people, who are smart and very “meme savvy.”

Also, unrelated to the thread, @Iced Hot Chocolate, there is a Lackadaisy entry that is being worked on, if you’re interested.

Last edited May 05, 2012 at 02:00AM EDT
May 05, 2012 at 01:58AM EDT

opspe wrote:

Chris wrote:

I do enjoy the fact that we are becoming a hub for information about the going-ons of the web.

That’s what drew me to the site in the first place. Keep it up y’all.

I’d say same here, really.

I was making an account for..uhhh….tenure? To be inb4thefriends? But then I realized this place was pretty fun.

Last edited May 05, 2012 at 04:32AM EDT
May 05, 2012 at 04:20AM EDT

A friend introduced me to here. If it wasn’t for her, i probably wouldn’t even know what a meme was, let alone this site.

May 05, 2012 at 05:26AM EDT

Chris wrote:

The only thing they can really do to us is to spam us with gore or try to DDoS us.

Thankfully the first hasn’t happened in a long time and the second has never been pulled on us.

People don’t like that we’re breaking their ‘secret clubs’ but I do enjoy the fact that we are becoming a hub for information about the going-ons of the web.

We of course have our daily amount of spam when it comes to home-made memes and similar stuff, but that’s a 10 sec fix.

But yeah, it’s pretty cool when you see a different website link to KYM as a source.

May 05, 2012 at 07:56AM EDT

I agree. It’s awesome.
On a semi-related not, Operation Stop Their Scheme was hilarious.

May 05, 2012 at 08:39AM EDT

MDFification wrote:

I agree. It’s awesome.

Yeah, so what exactly happened? How did it stop, how well did the campaign go?

May 05, 2012 at 09:35AM EDT

MDFification wrote:

I agree. It’s awesome.

Can you link a bigger version of the image? I can barely read the text.

Last edited May 05, 2012 at 09:37AM EDT
May 05, 2012 at 09:37AM EDT

I think Anonymous is fairly hypocritical. If knowledge and secrets should be public why should they complain about stolen memes. What does it really matter if the Cheezburger Network Profits from spreading them around and creating a growing internet culture. It should be win/win.

#fuckyeahcapatilism #fuckyouelitists
May 05, 2012 at 11:38AM EDT

Dane wrote:

Touché.

May 05, 2012 at 12:23PM EDT

Chris wrote:

As somebody who was here for the first, I am very glad that they haven’t happened in a long time. Over two years, I’ve seen KYM grow from a somewhat small website dedicated to meme research. To a much larger website that still adheres to its original purpose. Keep up the good work, KYM.

May 05, 2012 at 12:34PM EDT

hmm… the only problem was almost 3 years ago if memory recalls.
There was one such troll that kept coming back…desudesu4lyfedesu I think? and another bad one called Tommy Higgins. Tommy is out of my range of memory. desudesu4lyfedesu tho, was around my days of lurking. He/she is the reason why we have IP bans and mods now. back then only an admin could do anything about stuff. and there weren’t that many admins, cuz we were a pretty small site back then.
Then we introduced Karma… back when karma started you actually had to earn it. Not some willy nilly post that made a few people laugh, or was just plain relevant to the thread.
I am also thankful for the different boards now… I can only say it was quite General back then.

May 05, 2012 at 12:36PM EDT

Chris wrote:

Don’t forget the brony-hater and brony apocalypse.

May 05, 2012 at 12:50PM EDT

Oshawott wrote:

Don’t forget the brony-hater and brony apocalypse.

The only thing (besides the crossover) that I don’t understand about that pic, is the pikachus.

May 05, 2012 at 01:30PM EDT

It was a joke. It could happen, though. By the way, I am not new.

Last edited May 05, 2012 at 02:01PM EDT
May 05, 2012 at 01:59PM EDT

>Joined about a month ago

I’m not trying to be mean, I’m just picking at the whole “Bronee wahr” thing that newer brownies do.

May 05, 2012 at 02:08PM EDT

Ann Hiro wrote:

I thought I ended the KYM brony war 4 months ago…

Since I joined, I have only seen one brony – anti brony war. (Here that is.)

Since I joined Bungie.net, I’ve probably seen over 50 brony-anti brony flamewars on bungie.net.

May 05, 2012 at 03:46PM EDT

As far as i’m concerned, as long as T.Nair’s here, the anti-brony war still rages on

May 05, 2012 at 03:49PM EDT

Twenty-One wrote:

As far as i’m concerned, as long as T.Nair’s here, the anti-brony war still rages on

Good point…

May 05, 2012 at 04:07PM EDT

The war T.Nair/Serious tries to exalt is like Vietnam.

He’s up to his ass in enemy territory, can’t really do shit, embarrasses the Government, and everyone back home is pretty much disgusted.

May 05, 2012 at 04:16PM EDT

Ric Tesla wrote:

Can you link a bigger version of the image? I can barely read the text.

That’s why the operation failed.

It was well planned, but futile. They attempted to spam-click the links enough to get our advertisers to withdraw for add fraud, but that didn’t work. Following that, they uploaded a massive amount of gore. Well, tried to. They got some in the entries, and a bit in the forums, but the mods did a good job of cleaning it up. (R.I.P. Watcher’s account)
They didn’t have a whole ton of support. The ED crowd was behind them, of course, as where some of 4chan, but the vast majority of anons didn’t care and we actually got vocal support from Reddit.

May 05, 2012 at 04:48PM EDT

MDFification wrote:

That’s why the operation failed.

It was well planned, but futile. They attempted to spam-click the links enough to get our advertisers to withdraw for add fraud, but that didn’t work. Following that, they uploaded a massive amount of gore. Well, tried to. They got some in the entries, and a bit in the forums, but the mods did a good job of cleaning it up. (R.I.P. Watcher’s account)
They didn’t have a whole ton of support. The ED crowd was behind them, of course, as where some of 4chan, but the vast majority of anons didn’t care and we actually got vocal support from Reddit.

We got support from Reddit? Link?

May 05, 2012 at 05:03PM EDT

Pretty much most “meme related” searching does pull this website up alot.

Christ, even in some image searches, Russian Fedora’s face keeps popping up… xD

May 05, 2012 at 06:07PM EDT

Google ANN HIRO guess who comes up first?(not image search i dont come first…)

May 05, 2012 at 07:00PM EDT

Piano wrote:

We got support from Reddit? Link?

We are actually mentioned and linked to in the /r/AdviceAnimals subreddit. Look above good guy greg.

Last edited May 06, 2012 at 02:17AM EDT
May 06, 2012 at 02:16AM EDT
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Cale wrote:

The war T.Nair/Serious tries to exalt is like Vietnam.

He’s up to his ass in enemy territory, can’t really do shit, embarrasses the Government, and everyone back home is pretty much disgusted.

Nah, more like a lone Nanosuit trooper against a seemingly unstoppable horde.

He’s up to his eyes in enemy corpses, he’s had multiple near death experiences over a single day, and yet he struggles on in the face of overwhelming odds.

May 06, 2012 at 02:30AM EDT

AlexGhostaRica wrote:

Pretty much most “meme related” searching does pull this website up alot.

Christ, even in some image searches, Russian Fedora’s face keeps popping up… xD

May 06, 2012 at 02:40AM EDT

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

He’s up to his eyes in enemy corpses, he’s had multiple near death experiences over a single day, and yet he struggles on in the face of overwhelming odds.

Or like a monkey throwing mmmbananas at a brick wall hoping one day it’ll fall over, but knowing it’s only going to end in tiring his arm.

May 06, 2012 at 03:00AM EDT

Piano wrote:

Pretty much every image search for certain popular memes would typically come from the KYM gallery of the entry page. It’s starting to happen a little less though.

May 06, 2012 at 03:23AM EDT

Thankfully I have joined after 4chan launched ‘Stop Their Scheme’ and the Great Brony War. As for now, /b/…

May 06, 2012 at 04:13AM EDT

ITT: Hubris.

Nothing like the proclamation of invincibility to bring out your enemies in force. Either people just don’t care any more, or this sort of thing will prod them awake and challenge them to mess with us in some ugly way.

May 06, 2012 at 10:58PM EDT

Lately the trolls have been making retarded and quickly dp’d memes, and the trolling effort is so obvious, they make themselves look like tools.

I’m glad everyone here has learned the stigma that people who fuck with KYM are losers.

May 07, 2012 at 01:56PM EDT

Brucker wrote:

ITT: Hubris.

Nothing like the proclamation of invincibility to bring out your enemies in force. Either people just don’t care any more, or this sort of thing will prod them awake and challenge them to mess with us in some ugly way.

Stop being right all the time. Seriously Brucker.

May 07, 2012 at 02:00PM EDT

量子 Meme wrote:

Since I joined, I have only seen one brony – anti brony war. (Here that is.)

Since I joined Bungie.net, I’ve probably seen over 50 brony-anti brony flamewars on bungie.net.

Yeah, from what I’ve seen, most bronies and haters here are pretty calm. I’ve only ever had one person yell at me for being a hater (which is infinitesimal compared to the bajillion extremists in the Cheezburger Network comments), and I’ve only ever seen a handful of extreme haters on this website. Overall, when it comes to these conflicts, KYM is the place to be.

May 07, 2012 at 06:08PM EDT

1. A nano-suit is not a real thing.
2. You haven’t killed anyone, nor defeated anyone in an argument to create a metaphorical corpse.
3. You’re already dead.
4. Your struggle is akin to the roach. You won’t die.

May 07, 2012 at 08:38PM EDT

Now all of a sudden, all I can imagine is an FPS with a twist ending of Shyamalanian proportions.

The battlefield was KYM all along.

May 07, 2012 at 08:57PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!