Forums / Discussion / General

232,780 total conversations in 7,783 threads

+ New Thread

Kelly Thomas, homeless and has a schizophrenic disorder, was savagely beaten by Fullerton police. He died five days later.

Last posted May 10, 2012 at 01:22AM EDT. Added May 09, 2012 at 06:22PM EDT
14 posts from 10 users

The coroner report indicated mechanical compression to the thorax, I.E. suffocation, from the weight of the officers on his back. He suffered severe blunt trauma to the head and face, and it was indicated that he had no intoxicants in his system. This event happened last year, but the surveillance tape was release just recently.

LA news article

Warning video is graphic:

Wikipedia article

I meant to say "days" in front of the "five".

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 06:24PM EDT

ShadowOfOsiris wrote:

I meant to say "days', but I cannot edit it out, can I? It won't allow me.

I don't think you can, bro.
Anyways, I have noticed L.A. or the west coast tend to experience these kinds of things time to time.
Didn't something kind of like this happened that inevitably caused the 1992 riots?

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 06:37PM EDT

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

I don't think you can, bro.
Anyways, I have noticed L.A. or the west coast tend to experience these kinds of things time to time.
Didn't something kind of like this happened that inevitably caused the 1992 riots?

Rodney King incident. Ironically I was born during the same year.

ShadowOfOsiris wrote:

Rodney King incident. Ironically I was born during the same year.

I wonder how these riots will turn out…. I have a feeling some one will make a excuse out of this to throw another one.

Last edited May 09, 2012 at 06:43PM EDT

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

I wonder how these riots will turn out…. I have a feeling some one will make a excuse out of this to throw another one.

Maybe a riot, who knows? At least people are protesting out in front of the police station. I bet the cops will go off Scott free and with a promotion.

Police who assault/murder need to face enhanced consequences, and their chiefs should be barred from policework permanently for letting shit like it slide, and serve prison sentences.

Harsh? Maybe. But it is necessary.

"Officer Manuel Ramos was charged with one count of second-degree murder and one count of involuntary manslaughter; Corporal Jay Cicinelli was charged with one count of involuntary manslaughter and one count of excessive force."

Well, at least those two have been punished somewhat. This is such a disgrace though, if you ever think you need to use that much force in a situation like that then you are way to weak and cowardly to be a police officer. I don't ever see a reason to hit someone pinned to the ground, unarmed. The taser has also become so over-relied on, seriously, two people can wrestle one guy who is not resisting. If you're a cop, don't be so afraid of getting hit a little that you need to preemptively use your baton or taser. This is disgusting, none of those cops should still be working.

ChipBeat wrote:

"Officer Manuel Ramos was charged with one count of second-degree murder and one count of involuntary manslaughter; Corporal Jay Cicinelli was charged with one count of involuntary manslaughter and one count of excessive force."

Well, at least those two have been punished somewhat. This is such a disgrace though, if you ever think you need to use that much force in a situation like that then you are way to weak and cowardly to be a police officer. I don't ever see a reason to hit someone pinned to the ground, unarmed. The taser has also become so over-relied on, seriously, two people can wrestle one guy who is not resisting. If you're a cop, don't be so afraid of getting hit a little that you need to preemptively use your baton or taser. This is disgusting, none of those cops should still be working.

They were likely punished at all only because they were identified in the vid.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!