Forums / Discussion / General

171,045 total conversations in 5,490 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Care Bears General

Last posted May 17, 2012 at 08:06PM EDT. Added May 15, 2012 at 10:33PM EDT
22 posts from 16 users

Due to “popular” demand, I officially create the central hub of all Belly Bros activity: Care Bears General. This show which we know little about will surely rocket into the hearts of millions and spread across the lands as a beacon of superior television animation. Just look at the superior quality and craftsmanship which went into this show which is totaly not tying to leach off of the success of MLP FiM.

I bet that just blew your minds. Mine just imploded due to the sheer awesomeness which emanates from the show. So feel free to share your Care Bear related content here.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 10:59PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 10:33PM EDT

That show quite literally just cured my moms cancer. Thank you so much MontyPython for making this thread. I have now realized my higher purpose in life is simply to watch this show and share the beautiful things I have learn. This show is so awesome that I just got laid five times while typing this. Seriously, all my wildest dreams our coming true. This is going to be the greatest thread of all time.

inb4 the lock

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 10:43PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 10:42PM EDT

Oh hell yes!

My childhood is running through me vastly.

This would be a great “KYM Movie Night”

This face scared the shit out of me as a kid.

Plus: Best carebear song ever

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 10:46PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 10:45PM EDT

I’ll stick with the hotties over at MLP thank you very much.

May 15, 2012 at 10:45PM EDT

I would like to clarify that this was just a joke. I have no intentions of continuing this thread. For those who I have offended that I mocked The Care Bears remake I am sorry that I have possibly have hurt your feelings. To be honest No Heart was cool.

But I was mocking the remake and the fact that the others “like the lion and the raccoon and others” do not appear. Also do bear in mind that I was 8 when I last saw the show.

Last edited May 15, 2012 at 11:09PM EDT
May 15, 2012 at 10:54PM EDT

Just because it’s possible that Care Bears can modernise their image doesn’t mean they will.

I will (probably) stick with My Little Pony.

May 16, 2012 at 12:19AM EDT

By the way, I just realized how much of a shitty trend there is with this, and it just piggybacks off of MLP.

Guys, you’re supposed to like something because it’s good, not for shitty trend’s sake. Maybe that sounds like a nonsensical thing to say on this website, but things like this make it harder for biologists to prove that humans and computers are different.

May 16, 2012 at 01:16AM EDT

Katie C. wrote:

By the way, I just realized how much of a shitty trend there is with this, and it just piggybacks off of MLP.

Guys, you’re supposed to like something because it’s good, not for shitty trend’s sake. Maybe that sounds like a nonsensical thing to say on this website, but things like this make it harder for biologists to prove that humans and computers are different.

The reason this thread was made was because of this article that went into discussion on the pony general. So technically, this thread is based off of real events. Monty probably should have mentioned that in the OP.

Last edited May 16, 2012 at 01:36AM EDT
May 16, 2012 at 01:20AM EDT

Muffins wrote:

The reason this thread was made was because of this article that went into discussion on the pony general. So technically, this thread is based off of real events. Monty probably should have mentioned that in the OP.

Oh boy, a shitty marketing ploy.

I’m not watching this, not because it’s Care Bears and probably won’t modernise itself the way MLP did, but I won’t watch this because of the shitty marketing ploy.

May 16, 2012 at 01:32PM EDT

I read the article, and the marketing tactics seem very, very basic: a reboot of a popular show directed at young children, and somehow, Internet culture will latch on to it. There’s something basic to why the show is what it is, but I don’t think it’s that basic, and I know The Hub knows that too.

There are all sorts of other factors that don’t seem to be present. A lot of the appeal for FiM seems to lie in characterization (yet to be seen here), humor (also yet to be seen here), design (apparently not going over well) and nostalgia (which isn’t going to be as much of a factor based upon the fact that it doesn’t have that 2D feel.)

I don’t know if they shaped this reboot to follow the “formula in hindsight” for FiM, but unless they have the designing and world developing skills on par of that of Lauren Faust, I don’t think it will have that initial hook it needs to get it going.

I mean, surely The Hub isn’t that simple. I think they simply knew Amid Amidi was part of the reason for why FiM took off, and they simply wanted people to give the show a chance among places like /co/ that simply enjoy cartoons and comics of any sort.

I think they’d do better in focusing on Dan Vs., because that’s a pretty funny show, but I don’t think that’s great for toy sales.

May 16, 2012 at 01:55PM EDT

God, Belly-Bros? That is the last thing i’d go around calling myself.
EDIT: I think that trailer gave me cancer. That’s not just a bias Brony opinion, it’s just that show looks more like a little girls show than MLP did at the start (because face it, it’s not a girls show any more). And plus, the animation in MLP is good quality, that is CGI and is a bit overwhelming.

Last edited May 16, 2012 at 03:35PM EDT
May 16, 2012 at 03:30PM EDT

Update: The article which I failed to mention at the creation of this tread which stated that the Hub would hope Bronies would call themselves Belly Bros (which in hienz sight I should have included). Was recently discredited by the Hub, claiming it to be a unofficial statement by their PR agency.

Last edited May 16, 2012 at 07:09PM EDT
May 16, 2012 at 07:02PM EDT

Muffins wrote:

May 16, 2012 at 07:19PM EDT

Tim the Enchanter wrote:

Update: The article which I failed to mention at the creation of this tread which stated that the Hub would hope Bronies would call themselves Belly Bros (which in hienz sight I should have included). Was recently discredited by the Hub, claiming it to be a unofficial statement by their PR agency.

Wow, I’m glad they benched this BS already.

Has anybody noticed that the new Care Bears looks like some kind of video game, like Viva Pinata or something?

May 17, 2012 at 08:06PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!