Forums / Discussion / General

232,888 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Starforge

Last posted Jun 02, 2012 at 10:06AM EDT. Added May 31, 2012 at 05:43PM EDT
12 posts from 8 users

Starforge is an indie game which is a mix of Halo, Eve, Minecraft, Wow and many other things. Basically, Minecraft, with space, guns, rocket launchers and physics. It's still in early alpha.

The mining and resource-gathering mechanics look very interesting to me.

P.S: Notch tweeted about it, subsequently Starforge site crashed from all the traffic.

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 05:45PM EDT

Well I played the demo for a bit, I was expecting it to be like classic minecraft where you are only allowed to just place blocks in the demo, but oh well.
The demo only allows you to fiddle with the physics and run around. You can't make anything, nor it has any trees.
Ontop of that, there are just two NPCs that are in the map that look exactly like you that follow you everywhere and they feel you up if they are too close, it's kind of creepy.

Have a Parody of those two:

(You can click on the pictures to see the originals).

Last edited May 31, 2012 at 08:52PM EDT

I saw the game on a stream earlier. I have to say for an alpha it looked really nice.

The enemies/monsters reminded me of Body Harvest because they looked like alien bug creatures.

Big problem is that colliding objects cause big lag.
And for the physics: ermm… no comment.

This video will show you all and the guy in the video will also tell you all what will be in the game in the later future.
IT LOOKS/SOUNDS SO FUCKING AMAZING!!!

I can tell just from watching this video, if KYM had a Starforge PvP server, a lot of people will make their bases into the shape of a giant penis.

>FUCKING FACE WHEN

(Sorry I tend to act like this when I see something so epic at this magnitude IMO).

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!