Forums / Discussion / General

170,278 total conversations in 5,455 threads

+ New Thread

The Great Gatsby will be made into a movie

Last posted Jun 03, 2012 at 11:22PM EDT. Added Jun 03, 2012 at 06:03PM EDT
12 posts from 10 users

Leonardo DiCaprio wants an Oscar so badly.

SO BADLY.

Poor Leo. If you didn’t win anything for Inception or Titanic, I doubt you ever will…

Also I’ve never read “the great american novel” before (cause I’m a disgusting commie) so I have no idea if this is a good idea or not. Not a big Baz Luhrman fan though, although I did like Moulin Rouge.

Jun 03, 2012 at 06:08PM EDT

Drpepperfan #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

Leonardo DiCaprio wants an Oscar so badly.

SO BADLY.

Poor Leo. If you didn’t win anything for Inception or Titanic, I doubt you ever will…

Also I’ve never read “the great american novel” before (cause I’m a disgusting commie) so I have no idea if this is a good idea or not. Not a big Baz Luhrman fan though, although I did like Moulin Rouge.

I just bought it recently. I had to do a few minutes of intense googling/wikipediaing because I couldn’t visualise the east and west “eggs” on Long Island.

Jun 03, 2012 at 06:10PM EDT

And it will be film of the year, but he will not win an Oscar.

Jun 03, 2012 at 07:36PM EDT

I don’t really think the autotune music works well with the theme of the movie……..

Jun 03, 2012 at 07:52PM EDT

inb4 Adam Deland hates Leonardo DiCaprio

Jun 03, 2012 at 07:53PM EDT

The thing I hate about this trailer is that they’re trying to make it dramatic. Like, war-movie dramatic. To my knowledge, The Great Gatsby isn’t as saturated with drama as the video makes it out to be: Guy moves to New York, meets Gatsby, Gatsby falls in love, etc., and the creators made it this action-packed montage of yelling and wispy negotiations? It just ain’t right.

Jun 03, 2012 at 08:45PM EDT

Looks good. If Leo doesn’t get an Oscar for this film, then I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.

Jun 03, 2012 at 09:31PM EDT

I approve of DiCaprio.

I do not, however, approve of Luhrmann. Anyone seen Romeo + Juliet?

Jun 03, 2012 at 09:59PM EDT

Fridge wrote:

I approve of DiCaprio.

I do not, however, approve of Luhrmann. Anyone seen Romeo + Juliet?

I was not very fond of that adaptation.

I have always thought of The Great Gatsby as being one of those pieces of literature that the movie industry will try to recreate, but will still ultimately fail in capturing the same…essence that the book expressed.
Now the movie will be mainstream, everyone will remember there was a book the movie was based on, and then book sales will skyrocket. #hungergames
Nevertheless I will still watch the movie and anyone who hasn’t read the book should read it.
Frak yeah, 1920s.

Jun 03, 2012 at 10:26PM EDT

How many times is Carey Mulligan going to be a love interest?

Jun 03, 2012 at 11:22PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!