Forums / Discussion / General

232,892 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale ie- Sony's Sorta-Smash Clone with a Long Name the 2nd

Last posted Jun 11, 2012 at 02:27AM EDT. Added Jun 04, 2012 at 11:37PM EDT
22 posts from 13 users

ConnerABacon wrote:

tis gaem suks is totl brawl ripff ninteno shuld sew sony

That would be like saying Street Fighter is a ripoff of Super Smash Brothers, a fighter game using different characters from ether 1 series or a different series, and different gameplay does not make it clearly the same game.

Unless, Sony ripoffs Super Smash Brothers and Nintendo literally, but there is clearly no evidence whatsoever right now.

Last edited Jun 05, 2012 at 06:23PM EDT

Cyber6x wrote:

Characters I hope to find in this game.

>Ratchet and Clank.
>Gex (Been a while since we seen him, and I mean a LONG TIME.)
>Jak and Dexter
>Spyro (PS1/PS2 Era)
>Crash (Twinsanity Era)
>Cortex (Twinsanity Era)
>Spike
>Specter
>Sackboy
>Cole
>Solid Snake…?
>Kevin Butler for one good reason, he is like Reggie
>Toro and Kuro
>Kazuma Kiryu

We might even be lucky if ALL these characters appear in this game.

Last edited Jun 08, 2012 at 09:23AM EDT

Ann Hiro wrote:

I wonder how snake would play?

Snake's slow speed and lack of fast attacks make him a tough candidate for pulling off combos. Your best bet for comboing opponents with Snake is to stick to an air game. His main specials would be centered around his weapons. Using things such as a remotely controlled missle and grenades. For his Final Smash, he'll call in a chopper and fires a grenade launcher at his opponents off screen.

…wait a minute

Leonard Arch wrote:

Big Daddy… that's unexpected…

I haven't posted in a while, so let's celebrate the "SUPPOSEDLY NON-EXISTANT" Brawling Genre!

I'm sure there are many others, but I gotta sleep…

Don't forget about those Godzilla fighting games.

Oh my god.

Guys, a while back, there were strong rumors that Nathan Drake, Cole McGrath, Solid Snake and Kevin Butler were going to be in it. The main evidence was a tweet by Cole's voice actor and the imdb page for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale having all the voice-actors listed for their respective roles.

I've just take a look at the list on the imdb page for the first time in a while and I've discovered something…amazing.

Don't believe me? Check it yourself (assuming they haven't taken it down yet).

This…is about a million times more awesome than the actual game. Well done, whoever did this.

@CaptainLuigi @Cyber6x

Heh, funny you guys mention Microsoft, because Phil Spencer (head of Microsoft Studios) said:

You do not want that game… Have you played the (PlayStation) All-Stars? I'm not going to take a shot at Sony first-party (game development), I think they do some great games. We're going to try to build games that actually create new opportunity on our platform. I don't really need to go and fill genres with the teams that we have. I don't compete with games that are already on my platform. Sure, all games on some level compete for a dollar bill, but for us it's really going to be to try to innovate. I haven't played the game, so I'm not saying it's not innovative, but… Sorry.

All stated in this article.

Reticent wrote:

Awesome list, but no Sora?

ಠ_ಠ

▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ Snag
▲ Sparkle Ray
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN

That would be his moveset.

Laser Pacer wrote:

▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ Snag
▲ Sparkle Ray
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN
▲ RISING SUN

That would be his moveset.

Oh come on, that's just for the Battle of the Thousand Heartless. There's plenty you could fit in there, trust me. Drives, combos with allies, basic melee, magic. You could even make Final Form his level 3 super. He'd be a well-rounded melee character with potential ranged magic attacks, and a worthy addition to the game.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!