Forums / Discussion / General

175,205 total conversations in 5,764 threads

+ New Thread

Skyrim General

Last posted Jun 24, 2012 at 05:36PM EDT. Added Jun 08, 2012 at 02:05PM EDT
24 posts from 18 users

Twenty-One wrote:

I can remember when i started skyrim… everyone laughed at me ’cause i accedentaly called my character prisoner

I accidentally called my first character “Redguard.”

PROTIP: Enchanting is the best tree. My brother maxed out his enchanting. Now his heavy armor skill sits at 190. I’m about to max out mine, and when I do, I’m going to be able to cast spells from two different schools for no magicka at all.

@CaptainLuigi
You can find the Fluttershy dragon mod here.

@Fridge
It got locked due to inactivity.

Last edited Jun 08, 2012 at 04:25PM EDT

I’ve been wanting to start playing this game again. I’m a Level 50 something Khajiit. Sneaking and stealing is the best, especially when your sneak attacks can instant kill anything.

madcat wrote:

I’ve been wanting to start playing this game again. I’m a Level 50 something Khajiit. Sneaking and stealing is the best, especially when your sneak attacks can instant kill anything.

I know that feel. Right now, I’m playing as a level 25 Khajiit and I manage to insta-kill anything with my bow as long as I’m hidden. It’s also incredibly fun to watch the AI’s retarded responses as you attack them.

Related:

When you start to play the sneaking route, you’ll realize just how accurate this video is.

Some mods I recommend:

Sounds of Skyrim – There’s two versions that I know of thus far, and those are “The Dungeons” and “The Wilds”. They add a bunch of sounds to the dungeons and the woods respectively, so you might hear moaning in dungeons, etc.

Enhanced Blood Textures – The blood in Skyrim sucks. It looks more like jelly. This mod fixes that.

Darker Caves, Dungeons, Ruins, Towers, Nights – The main purpose of this mod is so that torches and the Khajiit’s night eye actually has a use. It’s a bit unstable though in that sometimes when you walk in the dark, your screen will flicker black. It can be annoying.

Also, a pro-tip to PC players that don’t know this yet:

The FOV in Skyrim is designed for console players, so PC players might get a headache or become nauseous while playing the game. The reason for this is that console players sit a distance away from the screen while PC players are right in front of it. To fix this, press the squiggly button under the escape key in game and type:

“fov 85” or “fov 90”

There will be some clipping issues, but it’s better than getting a headache whilst playing. Also, you’ll have to redo this every time you boot the game again.

Last edited Jun 08, 2012 at 06:45PM EDT

Skitch the Wolf, KYM Community Pet wrote:

I am a Dunmer. I hate the world and the Nords hate me. My people enslaved the Argonians and the Khajiit. Shit hit the fan FAST.

Damn Imperial spy.

The mods I recommend are:

Pure Water: Changes the shitty water into beautiful clear water

Real Rain: Makes the Rain heavier and more realistic. Works well with the Realistic Thunder Sound mod.

RNG (Dynamic) Guards: Gives the guard’s some variety in their armour and appearance. More northern holds will have warmer clothing.

That’s enough for now. I’ll post more mods later.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!