Forums / Discussion / General

170,276 total conversations in 5,455 threads

+ New Thread

Skyrim General

Last posted Jun 24, 2012 at 05:36PM EDT. Added Jun 08, 2012 at 02:05PM EDT
24 posts from 18 users

I can remember when i started skyrim… everyone laughed at me ’cause i accedentaly called my character prisoner

Jun 08, 2012 at 02:07PM EDT

Random21 wrote:

I can remember when i started skyrim… everyone laughed at me ’cause i accedentaly called my character prisoner

I accidentally called my first character “Redguard.”

Jun 08, 2012 at 02:24PM EDT

Am I the only one here late to the party with Skyrim? Because I waited as long as I could to buy it so the price would drop. I’m about 6 months behind the rest of the gaming community, it would seem. All for five dollars.

Jun 08, 2012 at 02:27PM EDT

Pretty sure we already have an Elder Scrolls General thread.

Jun 08, 2012 at 04:20PM EDT

PROTIP: Enchanting is the best tree. My brother maxed out his enchanting. Now his heavy armor skill sits at 190. I’m about to max out mine, and when I do, I’m going to be able to cast spells from two different schools for no magicka at all.

@CaptainLuigi
You can find the Fluttershy dragon mod here.

@Fridge
It got locked due to inactivity.

Last edited Jun 08, 2012 at 04:25PM EDT
Jun 08, 2012 at 04:23PM EDT

Fridge wrote:

Pretty sure we already have an Elder Scrolls General thread.

Jun 08, 2012 at 04:45PM EDT

I’ve been wanting to start playing this game again. I’m a Level 50 something Khajiit. Sneaking and stealing is the best, especially when your sneak attacks can instant kill anything.

Jun 08, 2012 at 06:24PM EDT

madcat wrote:

I’ve been wanting to start playing this game again. I’m a Level 50 something Khajiit. Sneaking and stealing is the best, especially when your sneak attacks can instant kill anything.

I know that feel. Right now, I’m playing as a level 25 Khajiit and I manage to insta-kill anything with my bow as long as I’m hidden. It’s also incredibly fun to watch the AI’s retarded responses as you attack them.

Related:

When you start to play the sneaking route, you’ll realize just how accurate this video is.

Some mods I recommend:

Sounds of Skyrim – There’s two versions that I know of thus far, and those are “The Dungeons” and “The Wilds”. They add a bunch of sounds to the dungeons and the woods respectively, so you might hear moaning in dungeons, etc.

Enhanced Blood Textures – The blood in Skyrim sucks. It looks more like jelly. This mod fixes that.

Darker Caves, Dungeons, Ruins, Towers, Nights – The main purpose of this mod is so that torches and the Khajiit’s night eye actually has a use. It’s a bit unstable though in that sometimes when you walk in the dark, your screen will flicker black. It can be annoying.

Also, a pro-tip to PC players that don’t know this yet:

The FOV in Skyrim is designed for console players, so PC players might get a headache or become nauseous while playing the game. The reason for this is that console players sit a distance away from the screen while PC players are right in front of it. To fix this, press the squiggly button under the escape key in game and type:

“fov 85” or “fov 90”

There will be some clipping issues, but it’s better than getting a headache whilst playing. Also, you’ll have to redo this every time you boot the game again.

Last edited Jun 08, 2012 at 06:45PM EDT
Jun 08, 2012 at 06:44PM EDT

I remember when I first played skyrim I played it on my brothers account but uninstalled it I think I’ll install it again

Last edited Jun 08, 2012 at 08:55PM EDT
Jun 08, 2012 at 08:54PM EDT

Skitch the Wolf, KYM Community Pet wrote:

I am a Dunmer. I hate the world and the Nords hate me. My people enslaved the Argonians and the Khajiit. Shit hit the fan FAST.

Damn Imperial spy.

Jun 09, 2012 at 12:36AM EDT

The mods I recommend are:

Pure Water: Changes the shitty water into beautiful clear water

Real Rain: Makes the Rain heavier and more realistic. Works well with the Realistic Thunder Sound mod.

RNG (Dynamic) Guards: Gives the guard’s some variety in their armour and appearance. More northern holds will have warmer clothing.

That’s enough for now. I’ll post more mods later.

Jun 09, 2012 at 03:17AM EDT

I don’t have Skyrim,i will get when i get back from Greece.
But i found this mod,which makes the moon become…….
Me Gusta!

Here

Jun 24, 2012 at 05:42AM EDT

CaptainLuigi wrote:

Umm where did he get the DLC?

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:29AM EDT

Here’s a mod out there. Playable Ponies.

And also, stuff from Gamespot’s Top 5 Skyrim Mods

Jun 24, 2012 at 01:07PM EDT

I lost interest in Skyrim after three playthroughs. I try mods, but it’s still generally the same experience.

Jun 24, 2012 at 05:36PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!