+ New Thread

Meet the Pyro

Last posted Jul 01, 2012 at 07:34AM EDT. Added Jun 27, 2012 at 02:01PM EDT
73 posts from 47 users

Back Later wrote:

That is all. Back to inactivity it is

HAI GYZ, UYM, DA WECENT OVIE THEATRE I WET TO HAD A HORSE NIT

OGM, HAT MENS DEY R BONIES.

Jk, I know most of you guys aren’t that.

But the Sentries, teles, and Dispensers are totally Transformers.

Also, I think it’s my favorite MtT short.

Last edited Jun 27, 2012 at 11:48PM EDT
Jun 27, 2012 at 11:47PM EDT

SpycrabKiller wrote:

HAI GYZ, UYM, DA WECENT OVIE THEATRE I WET TO HAD A HORSE NIT

OGM, HAT MENS DEY R BONIES.

Jk, I know most of you guys aren’t that.

But the Sentries, teles, and Dispensers are totally Transformers.

Also, I think it’s my favorite MtT short.

Hey, bro.

Bro.

There’s this thing.

It’s called grammar.

You should use it.

Jun 27, 2012 at 11:56PM EDT

I’m not seeing the pony references here…when I saw the happy land, random Beatles stuff came to my head

Jun 28, 2012 at 01:01AM EDT

Also, a whole mess of shit got buffs and nerfs. Be sure to check out the updates. A lot of these changes were long overdue.

“Crit-a-Cola
Added +25% increased movement speed while active”

OH MAN, I AM SO USING THIS WITH THE BABY FACE BLASTER. That intel gonna get capped so good…

Jun 28, 2012 at 01:14AM EDT

El gavilán luchador wrote:

Man, Pyro is not a brony.

just because inside his head is…cutsie and a unicorn pops from nowhere.. doesn’t mean he is a brony.

Also what if instead of a unicorn…a fox pops up?… " OMG PYRO IS A FURRY"

anyway…the video is funny…that….you can’t argue it , especially baby demoman

Why can’t I upvote your point more than once??!!!!

Jun 28, 2012 at 03:03AM EDT

Nobody wrote:

Not even the Scout.

It’s probably because I’m up later than usual, but…

I see that pic from my general positioned, and it looks like Freddy Krueger to me.

Also Pyro is a furry.

http://youtu.be/WUhOnX8qt3I?t=56s

I see flying cats, which are felines, which foxes are sort of felines.

Jun 28, 2012 at 04:32AM EDT

…..

This is so close it’s scary.

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 09:38AM EDT
Jun 28, 2012 at 09:22AM EDT

Cyber6x wrote:

…..

Oh dear God. We just made a historic, revolutionary and completely shocking discovery unlike the likes of what we’ve seen before.

Pyro is Homer Simpson.

Jun 28, 2012 at 09:31AM EDT

For the record, nobody in the Pony General thread thinks that there is a MLP reference in the video so we can stop pointing it out now.

Now how about those updates? They are far bigger than the video itself

First of all, all those junk items everyone was excited about and trading buds for, have now been reduced to bits of ash which is only a cosmetic thing. More importantly you can now combine your junk (now ash) into “piles of ash” provided that you had at least 4 different types of junk to combine

Piles of ash seem to bear a present, anyone found anything yet?

Secondly how about that Pyrovision?

Weeeee, I’m on drugs!

Thirdly, some of these balance updates are going to have a huge impact on how we normally play the game

• Gloves of running urgently not longer hurt you over time. Heavies are going to use them a whole lot more now outside of medic support
  • The equalizers benefits have been split between two weapons. The damage bonus now belongs to a separate melee weapon that I no longer own but I still get the speed bonus
  • Crit-a-cola now adds a speed bonus and last longer which is going to make it much more useful to me. The Bonk is also lasts longer. Finally we might see scouts putting these items to use.
  • All pyro weapons are deadlier by 10% except the backburner. Expect to see more Pyro’s on the game now
  • The phlog doesn’t make Pyro’s quite so indestructible now on taunt which is good.
  • Crusaders crossbow fires faster now. Perhaps enough to make it actually useful for something other than getting that set bonus

• Now lastly that new gametype…haven’t played it yet. But I’m going to check it out now

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 10:08AM EDT
Jun 28, 2012 at 10:04AM EDT

Cyber6x wrote:

…..

that made so much sense….. homer is pyro after all..and to make a lil more scary…homer is almost immune to pain

there’s your perfect pyro

Jun 28, 2012 at 10:13AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

For the record, nobody in the Pony General thread thinks that there is a MLP reference in the video so we can stop pointing it out now.

Now how about those updates? They are far bigger than the video itself

First of all, all those junk items everyone was excited about and trading buds for, have now been reduced to bits of ash which is only a cosmetic thing. More importantly you can now combine your junk (now ash) into “piles of ash” provided that you had at least 4 different types of junk to combine

Piles of ash seem to bear a present, anyone found anything yet?

Secondly how about that Pyrovision?

Weeeee, I’m on drugs!

Thirdly, some of these balance updates are going to have a huge impact on how we normally play the game

• Gloves of running urgently not longer hurt you over time. Heavies are going to use them a whole lot more now outside of medic support
  • The equalizers benefits have been split between two weapons. The damage bonus now belongs to a separate melee weapon that I no longer own but I still get the speed bonus
  • Crit-a-cola now adds a speed bonus and last longer which is going to make it much more useful to me. The Bonk is also lasts longer. Finally we might see scouts putting these items to use.
  • All pyro weapons are deadlier by 10% except the backburner. Expect to see more Pyro’s on the game now
  • The phlog doesn’t make Pyro’s quite so indestructible now on taunt which is good.
  • Crusaders crossbow fires faster now. Perhaps enough to make it actually useful for something other than getting that set bonus

• Now lastly that new gametype…haven’t played it yet. But I’m going to check it out now

Of all the weapons to nerf…

The EQUALIZER.

sobs

Jun 28, 2012 at 11:34AM EDT

Does anyone have any-idea how much the “Helmet Without A Home” is worth?

I am guessing about 3 keys but I would like a second opinion.

Jun 28, 2012 at 02:23PM EDT
Of all the weapons to nerf…
The EQUALIZER.

About damn time. The only drawback was trolling medics when you switch weapons; that’s a small price to pay when you can move at scout speed and one-hit pretty much anyone.

All pyro weapons are deadlier by 10% except the backburner. Expect to see more Pyro’s on the game now

Nope. Degreaser got nerfed. The standard flamethrower was the only one to get a buff, so expect it to actually be useful now. The flamethrower now does as much damage from the front as the backburner does, so backburner pyros are going to have to actually ambush people.

"Backburner
Removed +10% damage bonus attribute
Note: Because of base damage increase, damage remains unchanged

Degreaser
Added -10% damage penalty attribute
Note: Because of base damage increase, damage remains unchanged"

Jun 28, 2012 at 02:40PM EDT

Fridge wrote:

Hey, bro.

Bro.

There’s this thing.

It’s called grammar.

You should use it.

Jun 28, 2012 at 03:03PM EDT

KI....D wrote:

Time to inject yet another series into this!

Jun 28, 2012 at 03:03PM EDT

1.The Pyro is a Female/Sensitive Male who retreats into their childhood games to cope.
2.His/Her asbestos lined suit has caused psychosis due to prolonged usage.
3.His/Her mask filters out violence,explaining why it’s never removed.
4.The Pyro is a grown up version of another character from a different game with a similar psychosis:

(⌐■_■)

( •_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

Sweet mother of Gusta……
THE PYRO IS A BIG SISTER!!!!!1111111ONE!

Last edited Jun 30, 2012 at 05:52PM EDT
Jun 30, 2012 at 05:50PM EDT

What I saw…
This isn’t like Valve.

I mean, I love the dramatic aspect of it, and pushing forward questions about the Pyro’s gender, but this video made me sad.

Jul 01, 2012 at 07:34AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!