Forums / Discussion / General

232,824 total conversations in 7,785 threads

+ New Thread

My friends are 9gaggers, wat do?

Last posted Jul 26, 2012 at 06:56PM EDT. Added Jun 28, 2012 at 10:45PM EDT
43 posts from 29 users

It was only one at first, but then one after another, they fell to the evil 9gag. There are few who still are better than that, but it isn't enough. What should I do?

FreddieMRG wrote:

Can't. I'm surrounded by them, and I want to help them.
Maybe there's a cure. You never know.

What would you rather have them frequent for memes? FunnyJunk? Reddit? Memebase?

FreddieMRG wrote:

Thanks, Russian.

I'm just saying that pretty much every other site or subsite for looking at image macros/rage comics are nearly (if not just) as bad as 9gag, because image macros and rage comics have been beaten into the ground and through to China.

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 11:39PM EDT

Piano wrote:

What would you rather have them frequent for memes? FunnyJunk? Reddit? Memebase?

Show them the darkest reaches of the internet…. called 4chan, the dark heart of the internet realm. Heck have them post on /b/ too, I bet they will make lots of friends!
(Just joking).

If they are being annoying with memes all that much, just tell them to calm down it on a bit. If not… Idk what else to do there.

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 11:48PM EDT

Piano wrote:

I'm just saying that pretty much every other site or subsite for looking at image macros/rage comics are nearly (if not just) as bad as 9gag, because image macros and rage comics have been beaten into the ground and through to China.

Well also it's that 9gag gets 95% of the blame for all of the terrible above content. Even if the above content does or does not come from 9gag, the site is immediately blamed for creating it.
I do not particularly like 9gag, but being annoying doesn't completely justify becoming the untouchable caste of the Internet.

Cite wrote:

Murder them.

Indeed. Put them out of their misery, before they discover the falls that they have taken. It's more humane this way.

Joking aside, some of my friends are as well. I simply don't give a flippin' fuck. It's easier that way.

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

Show them the darkest reaches of the internet…. called 4chan, the dark heart of the internet realm. Heck have them post on /b/ too, I bet they will make lots of friends!
(Just joking).

If they are being annoying with memes all that much, just tell them to calm down it on a bit. If not… Idk what else to do there.

Not the best idea ever.
Some may turn into complete asshole as soon they know how to triforce (oldfaggotry of high level).
But the good point, the misusing of le meme will be slowed down.

Iced Hot Chocolate wrote:

Well also it's that 9gag gets 95% of the blame for all of the terrible above content. Even if the above content does or does not come from 9gag, the site is immediately blamed for creating it.
I do not particularly like 9gag, but being annoying doesn't completely justify becoming the untouchable caste of the Internet.

Well, someone there (The owner, I think?) claimed to have created memes, too, so I can see why the internet hates them.

Ah just let them go to that side. For some it is the entrance to the world of memes, for others it is the hell on earth.

Actually 9gag is popularizaring memes. For users who are familiar with image macros, rage comics and memes it is nothing new, but there are so many people on the internet who have never heard of memes and for them 9gag became a portal to this world.

Of course the huge watermark, the direct facebook connection and the lack of anonymity are a nuisance. Not to forget the 9gaggers, but in the end it is just another image macro site.

Just don't take it too seariously and let them enjoy whatever they want.

FreddieMRG wrote:

Introduce them to the shipping thread. They wont want to use a computer again.

I say don't bother with them. As long as they're not shoving it in other people's faces, it shouldn't be a problem. If they like the site, they like the site, and it's awfully hard to change someone's tastes (I've tried to get people to change mine before, to no avail).

Nintendork64 wrote:

I say don't bother with them. As long as they're not shoving it in other people's faces, it shouldn't be a problem. If they like the site, they like the site, and it's awfully hard to change someone's tastes (I've tried to get people to change mine before, to no avail).

But they are

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

Whenever they bring up a meme, reply with "Yeah that isn't cool anymore."
Then bring up some weird made up one, like "Troilet Seats" or something.

Continuing with this approach, spam them with a never ending stream of made up rage faces until they realize how stupid they are.
Ex.

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

Whenever they bring up a meme, reply with "Yeah that isn't cool anymore."
Then bring up some weird made up one, like "Troilet Seats" or something.

Why does the toilet kinda shaped like Texas.
You better not be insulting Texas!

Last edited Jun 29, 2012 at 05:59PM EDT

I've posted about this before; Its just a website.

And it doesn't matter what website they use. Reddit, Funnyjunk, and Memeb-ALL HAIL THE CHEEZBURGER

Funnyjunk and Reddit aren't much better. And don't send them to 4chan, your friends having no souls isn't good either. But its not even the websites, its your friends. Tell them to knock it off, memes aren't as funny in real life.

And you shouldn't be so judging. Friends are friends, weather they constantly say 'Le' or not.

💜✨KaijuSundae✨💜 wrote:

Stop them from breeding. Cut off their dicks, stab their womb whatever, just STOP THEM FROM FUCKING BREEDING

They might not have any

Katie C. wrote:

No, they do, and the problem is that they multiply like bunnies.

You're probably right, but maybe it's the precursor of the zombie apocalypse. Zombies don't breed, they infect the clean ones.

FA AA AA AA AA AA AP

EDIT: Maki is right. It's just the website. My friend uses Reddit, and he begins everything with " Le " . And it's extremely aggravating. I'd put him in his place if he wasn't huge, and strong, and I wasn't small and weak.

Last edited Jul 09, 2012 at 02:40AM EDT

What do you mean by 9gaggers?
the retards who sya 9gag army?
the ones who got hooked by memes and look 9gag for memes?
the ones who want to feel cool? (9gag is mainstream)
or ones that have been there since 2008? (I.E inb4 noobs)

RussianFedora wrote:
Well, someone there (The owner, I think?) claimed to have created memes, too, so I can see why the internet hates them.

No. he didnt.
that was one of the members.

Last edited Jul 22, 2012 at 09:08AM EDT

FreddieMRG wrote:

Good advice.

If you love them so much, keep them alive.

They feel no pain. They will feel no pain.

Their soul has moved on to a better world, but their bodies are still alive.

Do not fear, child.

They have merely moved on to a better life.

Superdark33 wrote:

What do you mean by 9gaggers?
the retards who sya 9gag army?
the ones who got hooked by memes and look 9gag for memes?
the ones who want to feel cool? (9gag is mainstream)
or ones that have been there since 2008? (I.E inb4 noobs)

RussianFedora wrote:

No. he didnt.
that was one of the members.

Well whoever "One Of The Members" is, I don't like him.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!