Forums / Discussion / General

174,172 total conversations in 5,723 threads

+ New Thread


Super Smash Bros 4

Last posted Jul 21, 2012 at 10:21PM EDT. Added Jun 30, 2012 at 01:49PM EDT
276 posts from 44 users

Katie C. wrote:

Both are out of the question.
When will you realise that it is not a 3rd party game that can fit in?

It can fit in if it’s done right.

It’s just a matter of getting someone on-board that won’t make it all kiddy looking just so Mario won’t look out of place.


Mario Party-based stage? What are you smoking, KI..D?

Katie C. wrote:

Having a Mario Party stage isn’t too ludicrous, but it would have to be creative

It would be too wild for me.

Granted, the Great Fox stages and F-Zero GP courses are some of my favorite levels in the series, and they’re not exactly “static”. But a Mario Party stage seems like it would be too similar to the Wario Ware stage from Brawl, and I hated that stage.

Katie C. wrote:

What I do want to see in the game are less stages like Temple that just slow the match down.
Anyone good at teching can stay in the caves without dying beyond 400%

Actually, surprisingly, I liked Temple.

Then again, while I don’t really practice any of the high end techniques, I do prefer the more “hardcore” gameplay rules.

As for the Wario Ware stage, it was nothing but a gimmick.

Regarding Assist Trophies: None of the 8-bit or 16-bit horse-crap. Everyone would have recognized Lakitu, Infantry and Tanks, and Excitebikes even if they weren’t pixilated. Andross on the other hand, nobody would have ever known it was him if they weren’t told that! Seriously Nintendo, we don’t need the blatant Nostalgia Trip half of us don’t have!

Also, they wasted perfectly good useable playable characters in the Assist Trophy Line Up:
Lyn, Issac, Saki, Waluigi, Little Mac, Samurai Goroh… just so many missed opportunities.

Last edited Jul 18, 2012 at 02:35AM EDT

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Regarding Assist Trophies: None of the 8-bit or 16-bit horse-crap. Everyone would have recognized Lakitu, Infantry and Tanks, and Excitebikes even if they weren’t pixilated. Andross on the other hand, nobody would have ever known it was him if they weren’t told that! Seriously Nintendo, we don’t need the blatant Nostalgia Trip half of us don’t have!

Also, they wasted perfectly good useable playable characters in the Assist Trophy Line Up:
Lyn, Issac, Saki, Waluigi, Little Mac, Samurai Goroh… just so many missed opportunities.

Excitebikes were never in 3D though.
So, they’d be better in 2D

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

It’s not like those stages would have to show the full destruction potential inherent in the “Steel Carnage” system. And besides, you’re likely expecting there to be ground units, even infantry to be involved, aren’t you?

Neither the battle against the Aigaion nor the attack on Miami involved any surface units, as far as I remember. Especially not any infantry. And if you’re expecting that Warwolf Squadron would end up dropping a few S-bombs, they don’t have to. It wouldn’t change a thing about them to cut out every swear word they ever spoke.

As if that wasn’t enough, both AC06 and AC:AH were rated T for Teen by the ESRB. Maybe that isn’t as good as an E for Everyone or an E10+, but I seriously doubt if it would do enough harm to bring an M for Mature. Besides, wasn’t Melee given a T?

I don’t think it’s nearly as bad as you think it is. It could happen.

You’re making your wants a bit too biased towards your personal opinion. It’s not like you think they’ll make good stages, it’s more that you just want stages that appeal to your love for big machinery and weaponry.

You have to remember that it’s still a Nintendo game. There are 3rd parties involved, but their vote is still limited.

Last edited Jul 18, 2012 at 11:13AM EDT

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Regarding Assist Trophies: None of the 8-bit or 16-bit horse-crap. Everyone would have recognized Lakitu, Infantry and Tanks, and Excitebikes even if they weren’t pixilated. Andross on the other hand, nobody would have ever known it was him if they weren’t told that! Seriously Nintendo, we don’t need the blatant Nostalgia Trip half of us don’t have!

Also, they wasted perfectly good useable playable characters in the Assist Trophy Line Up:
Lyn, Issac, Saki, Waluigi, Little Mac, Samurai Goroh… just so many missed opportunities.

I know. So many missed opportunities. Hell, look at this snippet from the Smash Bros. Dojo:

The creators said that he had no problem fitting in. Why then, would you decide to put him as Assist Trophy only?

Derpy Hooves wrote:

I know. So many missed opportunities. Hell, look at this snippet from the Smash Bros. Dojo:

The creators said that he had no problem fitting in. Why then, would you decide to put him as Assist Trophy only?

Because Sakurai.

At this point, it would be cool to have Isa in as a character. You could have the Ruffian from be the Final Smash, have the Charge Shot be the B special, and I’m not entirely sure what else yet.

404 user not found wrote:

They need a super mario galaxy stage where you can get knocked off in all directions but also stand anywhere with lots of map hazards

Mind giving a little specificity?

404 user not found wrote:

They need a super mario galaxy stage where you can get knocked off in all directions but also stand anywhere with lots of map hazards

Due to the Damage = Gravity thing, there would be a sweet spot where you would be able to do this:

Last edited Jul 18, 2012 at 02:28PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

You’re making your wants a bit too biased towards your personal opinion. It’s not like you think they’ll make good stages, it’s more that you just want stages that appeal to your love for big machinery and weaponry.

You have to remember that it’s still a Nintendo game. There are 3rd parties involved, but their vote is still limited.

Maybe I am.

But be glad I never mentioned anything about Mass Effect, Crysis or Ghost Recon. I’d really want anything from any of those three in some manner of crossover game, but you don’t see me wrecking this thread with them.

At least Ace Combat is by Namco Bandai, one of the companies involved in the making of this new SSB game. Besides, isn’t AC one of their flagship franchises?

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

Maybe I am.

But be glad I never mentioned anything about Mass Effect, Crysis or Ghost Recon. I’d really want anything from any of those three in some manner of crossover game, but you don’t see me wrecking this thread with them.

At least Ace Combat is by Namco Bandai, one of the companies involved in the making of this new SSB game. Besides, isn’t AC one of their flagship franchises?

Shut up with the Ace Combat. It doesn’t fit in and we’re tired of hearing about it.

Katie C. wrote:

Shut up with the Ace Combat. It doesn’t fit in and we’re tired of hearing about it.

It doesn’t fit in to you.

Namco: Due to the director they have onboard for Smash Brothers 4, it is extremely likely that one or two characters will make it in from the Tales series. Most likely Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss, and Tales of Vesperia.
In all likelihood, it will be one of the main characters from those games, so we have Lloyd Irving

Luke Fon Fabre and Yuri Lowell

But just as a blind guess, Lloyd and Yuri have a higher chance than Luke. And with Yuri being in the Project X Zone game, he has an advantage over Lloyd.

If they are going to cross over any other series, it will have to come by Popular Demand. Ace Combat has a low chance at this, as it is not that well known outside of it’s fanbase.
--

Bandai: After looking around for a bit, I discovered that Bandai, along with being a video game publisher, was also a Toy Maker and Anime/Manga Distributor. Thus most of their Video Games also reflect the fact that they mainly do licensed video games.

However, as they even said in regards to Smash Brothers “I wonder why nobody has asked about Gundam that much [as opposed to Tekken]?”

(wat?)

Anyways, Bandai does not have that many non-licensed games, so it is hard to speculate realistically what they would put in the game.
--

Now then, the other co-director that was added worked on nearly all of the Metal Gear Solid Games, and those make up about half of his game producing career. Solid Snake has a good chance of being invited back in.

--

Now then, with Katies “Crossover Limit Prediction” of about 3 series, that leaves one slot left open, and likely that will be influenced by a few things:

~Bandai doesn’t have that much material, so unless if they really do get Gundam into the game they will pass this ticket over to Namco.
~Namco has plenty of popular game series, however they will probably want a fan vote at some point or another. Right now Tekken has the spotlight, though a character from Soul Caliber, or (sigh) PacMan may make it in also.

Last edited Jul 18, 2012 at 06:22PM EDT

Regarding your choices about tales characters, I rule out Abyss, Vesperia, and Replace that with Phantaisa, Graces
The very first Tales ((Phantaisa)) game was on the SNES, and Graces is the only Tales game on the Wii ((Japanese Version)).
Cress ((Phantasia))

Asbel ((Graces))

Last edited Jul 18, 2012 at 06:26PM EDT

It will almost certainly be Lloyd or nobody from Tales.
As for other than Tales, I’d say a character from Soulcalibur, mainly because Link was in Soulcalibur 2.

Gundam is very doubtful since it’s mostly an anime rather than a game.

I’m saying three’s really the limit. Don’t be surprised if there’s only one.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!