Forums / General

195,708 total conversations in 5,388 threads

+ New Thread


Super Smash Bros 4

Last posted Jul 21, 2012 at 10:21PM EDT. Added Jun 30, 2012 at 01:49PM EDT
276 conversations with 44 participants

Katie C. wrote:

Fire Emblem 1, Fire Emblem 3, Fire Emblem 6 and MOTHER 3 weren’t released in America.

Actually, I was going to say Inazuma Eleven, as that’s getting really popular here in Europe and is already really popular in Japan. And non of the Earthbound/Mother games were released in Europe, and you did get some games from them series.

Jul 08, 2012 at 07:16AM EDT
Quote

Random 21 wrote:

Actually, I was going to say Inazuma Eleven, as that’s getting really popular here in Europe and is already really popular in Japan. And non of the Earthbound/Mother games were released in Europe, and you did get some games from them series.

NA got FE7-11 and EarthBound, which is MOTHER 2

Jul 08, 2012 at 07:38AM EDT
Quote

One thing I hope for is multi-controller compatibility. The only thing I can seem to play Smash with is a GameCube controller,although the Wii-U controller seems pretty comfortable.

Jul 08, 2012 at 11:41AM EDT
Quote

FudgeGruck wrote:

One thing I hope for is multi-controller compatibility. The only thing I can seem to play Smash with is a GameCube controller,although the Wii-U controller seems pretty comfortable.

I’m not all that certain that the Wii U supports GameCube controllers.

Jul 08, 2012 at 12:02PM EDT
Quote

If the Wii U can’t support Gamecube Games, it probably can’t support Gamecube controllers… just saying. (Watches hardcore Melee fans suddenly rage)

Jul 08, 2012 at 01:00PM EDT
Quote

Pfffft! I have been looking around and… well, the Hardcore Melee fans are raging! xD “I won’t buy this if I don’t have a USB Gamecube Controller to go with it!” says one.

Meh, going to quickly point out that the Wii U has the 360 Controller knock off they will be using, so they can probably get the same Gamecube feel.

Besides, if they did have Gamecube Controller compatibility, that would be like… 6 useable controllers available on the Wii U’s Launch Day! _
--

On a different note; I have been trying to find a copy of a certain tweet Sakurai made where somebody gave a short list of characters, and Sakurai replied “2 out of 3”. Does anyone have that?

Jul 09, 2012 at 01:25PM EDT
Quote

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Pfffft! I have been looking around and… well, the Hardcore Melee fans are raging! xD “I won’t buy this if I don’t have a USB Gamecube Controller to go with it!” says one.

Meh, going to quickly point out that the Wii U has the 360 Controller knock off they will be using, so they can probably get the same Gamecube feel.

Besides, if they did have Gamecube Controller compatibility, that would be like… 6 useable controllers available on the Wii U’s Launch Day! _
--

On a different note; I have been trying to find a copy of a certain tweet Sakurai made where somebody gave a short list of characters, and Sakurai replied “2 out of 3”. Does anyone have that?

Go fish https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/
I do bad translatu.

Jul 09, 2012 at 01:37PM EDT
Quote

Katie C. wrote:

Go fish https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/
I do bad translatu.

Apparently, the image was a photoshop.

Jul 09, 2012 at 01:55PM EDT
Quote

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Pfffft! I have been looking around and… well, the Hardcore Melee fans are raging! xD “I won’t buy this if I don’t have a USB Gamecube Controller to go with it!” says one.

Meh, going to quickly point out that the Wii U has the 360 Controller knock off they will be using, so they can probably get the same Gamecube feel.

Besides, if they did have Gamecube Controller compatibility, that would be like… 6 useable controllers available on the Wii U’s Launch Day! _
--

On a different note; I have been trying to find a copy of a certain tweet Sakurai made where somebody gave a short list of characters, and Sakurai replied “2 out of 3”. Does anyone have that?

Jesus Christ, how entitled can they be? For a console to support a controller from a console two generations earlier? That’s inconceivable! D:

Jul 09, 2012 at 04:01PM EDT
Quote

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

If the Wii U can’t support Gamecube Games, it probably can’t support Gamecube controllers… just saying. (Watches hardcore Melee fans suddenly rage)

Excuse me, but i can’t see why would someone play exactly the same game (maybe with the same controllers) on 3 different consoles.
If you wanted to play melee them go get a Gamecube or a Wii, leave the Wii U alone

Also, yes, i can surely imagine the non-specific action figure getting another name and going to get a game, yes he is that awesome

Jul 09, 2012 at 06:17PM EDT
Quote

Arlon The Serene (Free Cake) wrote:

But I like the C-Stick…so easy with Capt. Falcon.


The WiiU has dual sticks and they seem more comfortable to flick than the stubby little C-Stick.

The position is a little off but within an hour or two of play you should be able to adjust.

Jul 09, 2012 at 06:26PM EDT
Quote


How did i miss this?
Anyway who do you guy’s think is going to be in the game?

Jul 09, 2012 at 06:39PM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:


The WiiU has dual sticks and they seem more comfortable to flick than the stubby little C-Stick.

The position is a little off but within an hour or two of play you should be able to adjust.

Oh boy… Those controllers would be AWESOME for Katamari- wait a minute.

Namco is making this one, correct?

… Oh my god, KING OF ALL COSMOS ARENA TO FIGHT ON

ROYAL RAINBOW, BIZNITCHEZ!

Jul 09, 2012 at 08:31PM EDT
Quote

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

I dunno about that, Windigo. I think that multiple outfits alone is enough.

Besides, I think FLUDD was useless.

FLUDD was freaking useless. It seriously would’ve made more sense if they let Mario keep his spinning move, while giving Luigi the vacuum from Luigi’s Mansion.

But then again, Luigi needs some tuning. I’m glad they changed his up special in Brawl to something you can actually use to jump back in the stage. Although his specials don’t vary a lot from Mario, we can’t forget he’s still his brother, so it actually makes some sense he has some similar looking moves. Just change his specials a small bit to make them more related to games where he has a bigger role (like he has any besides Luigi’s Mansion). Mario can keep his specials from Melee.

As for other characters. Give Wolf some different specials and he can do, but Falco is simply too much of a Fox clone. Although his specials got a change in Brawl compared to Melee, it seemed more like just a quick escape from Nintendo to make him a bit different. I won’t mind if Falco gets removed, same with Lucas. They’re clones and you know it.

Ike is good. Roy was just a Marth clone, Ike actually has his own specials.

No more new Links. No matter if it’s Young Link or Toon Link, a clone is a clone.

Ganondorf, as said multiple times before, has so much to offer to make him different from Captain Falcon. Nintendo has to use that and he’ll be a perfect character.

Make Zero Suit Samus and regular Samus like Zelda and Sheik, offering the player to switch between them during play. It was really annoying that you were forced to use a Final Smash or that dumb button combo before the match started to use Zero Suit Samus.

I never really got the whole Mewtwo to Lucario change, but I guess it just fits better within the Brawl storyline (Mewtwo would go as a bad guy). I still find Mewtwo easier to use than Lucario, but that can be just me. I don’t mind if they add both though, Lucario is different enough to go as a seperate character. Just give one of the two different specials.


@Lord Vordred

I don’t see Non-Specific Action Figure become a playable character, he’s simply to minimal. They most likely will just make him a trophy, but nothing more.

Last edited Jul 09, 2012 at 10:06PM EDT
Jul 09, 2012 at 10:05PM EDT
Quote

@burning_phoneix
Fair enough, then. I’m amazed controllers still use the “Select” button. It doesn’t have a real use to it…
@RandomMan
If they release Luigi’s Mansion 2 before SSB4, they might give him a new tool of some kind, which they would then transfer to him in SSB4. Not to mention the Poltergust is able to shoot fire, ice and water. And I wish his Final Smash, if they keep them, changes to something a bit more…actually from the games. When it comes to clones, the chances of having zero clones is very small. I’m just hoping for either less clones or clones with more variety, odd as that may sound. All the Star Fox characters having cloned Final Smashes is as bad as it gets.

Jul 10, 2012 at 04:07AM EDT
Quote

Arlon The Serene (Free Cake) wrote:

@burning_phoneix
Fair enough, then. I’m amazed controllers still use the “Select” button. It doesn’t have a real use to it…
@RandomMan
If they release Luigi’s Mansion 2 before SSB4, they might give him a new tool of some kind, which they would then transfer to him in SSB4. Not to mention the Poltergust is able to shoot fire, ice and water. And I wish his Final Smash, if they keep them, changes to something a bit more…actually from the games. When it comes to clones, the chances of having zero clones is very small. I’m just hoping for either less clones or clones with more variety, odd as that may sound. All the Star Fox characters having cloned Final Smashes is as bad as it gets.

They’ll certainly release Mansion 2 before SSB4.
Think about it: Mansion 2 has been in development for a while and we have plenty of screenshots of it.
They just started working on SSB4 and there are no screenshots.

Jul 10, 2012 at 06:15AM EDT
Quote

Nintendo would be stupid not to release Luigi’s Mansion any time after October. Just saying.

As for his attack set, the Vacume should replace either is Standard or Down B (Or Both). Luigi’s current side B attack is good, and his Super Jump Punch was different enough from Mario not to complain about.

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:36PM EDT
Quote

Regarding Fire Emblem Characters:

Marth and Roy pretty much are clones of each other. Even in the Fire Emblem Games. The only difference between them are their stats and swords.

Marth & Roy: Follow the “Lord” Style.
Ike: Follow the “Mercenary/Hero” Style.

If they where going to re-include Roy, they would have to switch him to a different Sword Style, probably the “Swordmaster” style. (Meaning he would get variations of Astra as his moveset)
--

Also, another thing about Fire Emblem Characters:
Like Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem rarely gets the same cast of characters twice. The only exception being Fire Emblem 1&3, and Fire Emblem 9&10, Marth’s and Ike’s games.

If anyone else from Fire Emblem is going to get in, they will have had to appear in at least 2 games. However, that leaves very few remaining candidates. (Sothe, Eliwood, and Hector anyone?)

BUT, Nintendo is getting a new Fire Emblem game out, remember? I could bet money on the new Fire Emblem Main Character getting in.

--

Or, they will just keep Marth and Ike. And personally, I am fine with that.

Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 03:06PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 02:55PM EDT

Negi Yagami wrote:

Regarding Fire Emblem Characters:

Marth and Roy pretty much are clones of each other. Even in the Fire Emblem Games. The only difference between them are their stats and swords.

Marth & Roy: Follow the “Lord” Style.
Ike: Follow the “Mercenary/Hero” Style.

If they where going to re-include Roy, they would have to switch him to a different Sword Style, probably the “Swordmaster” style. (Meaning he would get variations of Astra as his moveset)
--

Also, another thing about Fire Emblem Characters:
Like Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem rarely gets the same cast of characters twice. The only exception being Fire Emblem 1&3, and Fire Emblem 9&10, Marth’s and Ike’s games.

If anyone else from Fire Emblem is going to get in, they will have had to appear in at least 2 games. However, that leaves very few remaining candidates. (Sothe, Eliwood, and Hector anyone?)

BUT, Nintendo is getting a new Fire Emblem game out, remember? I could bet money on the new Fire Emblem Main Character getting in.

--

Or, they will just keep Marth and Ike. And personally, I am fine with that.

FE 10 and 11 did not have any same characters.

Also, who the hell would put Sothe in SSB as a character? He was not a main in his games, in the first game he was in he was a side character.

I’d say the new main will be in SSB4. Ike will be in because popular. Marth may or may not still be in, but he’s popular too.

Jul 10, 2012 at 03:04PM EDT
Quote

*9 and 10

My mistake!
--

Also, Marth seems to be in Fire Emblem Awakening.

So consider him back in Smash Bros.

(The sexy Butterfly Mask better be a Costume!)

Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 03:10PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 03:09PM EDT

I would prefer Soren, but he doesn’t exactly fit well to the Smash Bros Style. Aw well.

Anyways, about the Samus/Zero Suit Samus: Take out Zero Suit Samus, and make Samus more consistent to the Metroid Games. All of her Special Attacks are nearly useless in Smash Brothers.

(Make her Gun charge faster! And make it shoot faster when you don’t want to charge it!)

Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 04:08PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 04:05PM EDT
Quote

Here’s a likely character I haven’t seen mentioned yet:

Sure he’s only a Japan release, but that didn’t stop Lucas.

Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 05:52PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 05:50PM EDT
Quote

Windigo with salad wrote:

Here’s a likely character I haven’t seen mentioned yet:

Sure he’s only a Japan release, but that didn’t stop Lucas.

Yeah but unlike Lucas, he’s an incredibly obscure character.

Jul 10, 2012 at 06:32PM EDT
Quote

Just thinking: They recently rebooted the Kid Icarus series. If they where going to include any characters from Kid Icarus Uprising, it would probably be Magnus.

All of the other potential characters are way too powerful (somebody suggested Palutena earlier, but she is a Spell Caster Type so she wouldn’t lend well to the Smash Brothers style), and Dark Pit would be too much of a clone.

But then again, if they just had Pit’s Black Colored Costume come with a Dark Pit Voice Pack, they could pull it off rather nicely.
--

Also, a fitting final smash for pit would be the Daybreak:

One time use, extremely powerful, about as dodgeable as the Zero Laser, etc, it makes for a perfect final smash for him.

Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 07:33PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 07:32PM EDT
Quote

Negi Yagami wrote:

*9 and 10

My mistake!
--

Also, Marth seems to be in Fire Emblem Awakening.

So consider him back in Smash Bros.

(The sexy Butterfly Mask better be a Costume!)

That’s not Marth.

Saying that that’s Marth is like saying that Celice is Marth.

Why do you people know so little about FE?

Jul 10, 2012 at 07:35PM EDT
Quote

Random 21 wrote:

Yeah but unlike Lucas, he’s an incredibly obscure character.

Yeah, that’s true, Captain Rainbow was a financial bomb despite being critically acclaimed.

Jul 10, 2012 at 07:39PM EDT
Quote

Katie C. wrote:

That’s not Marth.

Saying that that’s Marth is like saying that Celice is Marth.

Why do you people know so little about FE?

To Negi’s Defense He calls himself Marth.
Yet, after digging a little farther, he is only Marth’s impersonator.

But the mistake can commonly be made by anyone who hasn’t played the game yet and didn’t look up spoilers.

Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 08:03PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 07:42PM EDT
Quote

Supposed Developers Idea Sheet (Scroll down to the Quoted List.)

Highlights:
~“Remove Tripping, it wasn’t received well” Thank God
~“Samus no longer needs to be slow” Thank God
~“Thrid Party Support Worked out Well” This probably is referring to the partnership with Namco Bandai.
~“Gameplay elements from The World Ends With You was mentioned.” Um… this… could be interesting.

As for all of you to rage over:
~“There is nothing new to add from F-Zero and Mother, so maybe cut them.” MFW

This is just from one of Sakurai’s staff, so not all of these are going to be true. I doubt they will cut the F-Zero and Mother characters from the obligation to keep the original 12 in the game.

And if they cut Captain Falcon, Nintendo would be lifted up by it’s foundations and thrown into the gates of hell.

Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 08:28PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 08:23PM EDT
Quote

Katie C. wrote:

Go fish https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/
I do bad translatu.

Found the Article

But it was shopped, aw well.

Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 08:35PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 08:33PM EDT
Quote

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Supposed Developers Idea Sheet (Scroll down to the Quoted List.)

Highlights:
~“Remove Tripping, it wasn’t received well” Thank God
~“Samus no longer needs to be slow” Thank God
~“Thrid Party Support Worked out Well” This probably is referring to the partnership with Namco Bandai.
~“Gameplay elements from The World Ends With You was mentioned.” Um… this… could be interesting.

As for all of you to rage over:
~“There is nothing new to add from F-Zero and Mother, so maybe cut them.” MFW

This is just from one of Sakurai’s staff, so not all of these are going to be true. I doubt they will cut the F-Zero and Mother characters from the obligation to keep the original 12 in the game.

And if they cut Captain Falcon, Nintendo would be lifted up by it’s foundations and thrown into the gates of hell.

If they cut Ness and C. Falcon… those are the only two characters that I ever use… sniff… sniff…

Jul 10, 2012 at 09:21PM EDT
Quote

If for whatever reason they bring back Gannondorf have him have an orignal move set?

Jul 10, 2012 at 09:25PM EDT
Quote

Nobody sane would cut Falcon because he’s the most popular character. Besides, a new F-Zero could happen. It had better happen, it’s the most hardcore racing game ever, or at least the last one was.

With regards to Ganondorf, everybody wants him to use his fucking sword. Sakurai just teases us though.

Jul 11, 2012 at 10:04AM EDT
Quote

I never did get why they decided to make Ganondorf use his fists rather than his sword. Ever since i started playing brawl a few years back i thought that was complete bullshit.

Jul 11, 2012 at 10:09AM EDT

Ganondorf is lowest on the tiers because he’s too damn slow. His moves are awesome but impractical.

Jul 11, 2012 at 10:14AM EDT
Quote

I once asked my friends to do a 3 on 1 brawl.
5 stock
no items, or smash ball
Me against many

Marth
Fox
Snake
Vs
Ganondorf

I won…just gotta make his moves well timed,but they’re so damn slow.
I wish I had a picture to prove it.

Jul 11, 2012 at 10:20AM EDT
Quote

Random 21 wrote:

Yeah but unlike Lucas, he’s an incredibly obscure character.

>Nintendo
>Normal

I think Captain Rainbow will fit in with the cast just fine.


@Natsuru

I think you’re overreacting a bit. Ness and Captain Falcon were in from the beginning and are both very popular characters in Smash Bros. But on general popularity of the other series, both casts simply lack. They will most likely keep Ness and Captain Falcon, but based on that I won’t be suprised if Lucas gets removed. And honestly, I won’t mind with that. Lucas is too much of a clone. Plus I don’t think they’ll introduce new characters from both series.

Last edited Jul 11, 2012 at 10:32AM EDT
Jul 11, 2012 at 10:26AM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

>Nintendo
>Normal

I think Captain Rainbow will fit in with the cast just fine.


@Natsuru

I think you’re overreacting a bit. Ness and Captain Falcon were in from the beginning and are both very popular characters in Smash Bros. But on general popularity of the other series, both casts simply lack. They will most likely keep Ness and Captain Falcon, but based on that I won’t be suprised if Lucas gets removed. And honestly, I won’t mind with that. Lucas is too much of a clone. Plus I don’t think they’ll introduce new characters from both series.

They could put in Black Shadow.

Jul 11, 2012 at 10:45AM EDT
Quote

I fear if they put black shadow in he’s just gonna do what ganondorf would do.

Jul 11, 2012 at 11:11AM EDT
Quote

They should seriously consider giving DK a barrel projectile or some shit to replace his Side Special which I literally believe cannot hit any enemy faster than Bowser.

Jul 11, 2012 at 01:45PM EDT

It is quite possible they would make Ganon follow his Trident style, as he has used it at least 3 times. Also, it would be the first time anyone would be using polearm style provided Krystal doesn’t bust in at the last second.


The other possibility is the fact Ganon has wielded double swords, though the swords vary, it would make for an interesting moveset:


Then there is the single blade style he uses in Twilight Princess and a few promotional art:


--

@Random Man: Yeah, that is probably the most likely thing. Unlike Lyn or Issac, the Samurai Goroh and Jeff assist trophy did not have unfinished playable character data anyways.

Jul 11, 2012 at 01:55PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

>Nintendo
>Normal

I think Captain Rainbow will fit in with the cast just fine.


@Natsuru

I think you’re overreacting a bit. Ness and Captain Falcon were in from the beginning and are both very popular characters in Smash Bros. But on general popularity of the other series, both casts simply lack. They will most likely keep Ness and Captain Falcon, but based on that I won’t be suprised if Lucas gets removed. And honestly, I won’t mind with that. Lucas is too much of a clone. Plus I don’t think they’ll introduce new characters from both series.

What I Mean is, there are a lot of Nintendo fans, even hardcore ones, that don’t know who he is considering no game related to him has been released outside of Japan. Plus, they’re trying to cut down on characters, so they would go against the really obscure ones

Last edited Jul 11, 2012 at 02:29PM EDT
Jul 11, 2012 at 02:23PM EDT
Quote

For Smash 4, I’m really excited to see Namco Bandai’s involvement in it. Maybe we could see a better story mode this time around? As for who could be in it, I have a feeling it will probably be Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia.

Also, I hope they add Ghirahim from Skyward Sword.

Jul 11, 2012 at 03:20PM EDT
Quote

Since when did they say they would try to cut down on characters?

Jul 11, 2012 at 03:39PM EDT
Quote

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Also, it’s not like Nintendo didn’t want to put him in Smash Brothers. Why else would he be put in as a Boss in Brawl? TWICE!


And likely chance is, if they do use Bosses again Ridley will be added there.

What if like Ridley, they made higher qualities for bowser (Kind of like Giga Bowser) And added Giga bowser to the story mode like they did to Ridley?

Jul 11, 2012 at 04:27PM EDT
Quote

Katie C. wrote:

Since when did they say they would try to cut down on characters?

It isn’t a matter of cutting down on them, but it seems Sakurai is planning on no more characters than Brawls cast.

“It isn’t a matter of ‘if the next game has 50 characters, that’ll be enough.’ There is a certain charm to games that have huge casts of playable characters, but they tend to have issues with game balance and it becomes very difficult to fine-tune each character and have them all feel distinctive…. In terms of quantity, we’ve probably already reached the limit of what’s feasible. I think a change of direction may be what’s needed.”

Also, this game is going to be huge regardless of the final character roadster, that’s why they hired NamcoBandai to work on it with them.

Jul 11, 2012 at 06:06PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!