Forums / Discussion / General

169,910 total conversations in 5,440 threads

+ New Thread


Super Smash Bros 4

Last posted Jul 21, 2012 at 10:21PM EDT. Added Jun 30, 2012 at 01:49PM EDT
276 posts from 44 users

Katie C. wrote:

I forgot about Hanenbow, but that was a special case due to the nature of the game.

My point still stands.

Though that said, SSB64 came out before Star Fox Adventures and still found a way to make Fox work on foot, so maybe they could do something with Colonel Bishop? Might be worth a shot, right?

Jul 15, 2012 at 08:23PM EDT

There won’t be an Ace Combat character or stage.

By the way, in Star Fox 64 multiplayer, you could play as Fox on foot.

Jul 15, 2012 at 11:51PM EDT
Quote

I would love it if they had a street fighter stage, or character, atleast a trophy, though they probably won’t because it’s capcom… although they did get sonic in, and he’s a Sega character….

Jul 15, 2012 at 11:54PM EDT
Quote

Katie C. wrote:

There won’t be an Ace Combat character or stage.

By the way, in Star Fox 64 multiplayer, you could play as Fox on foot.

I don’t exactly see multiplayer as canon. Besides, every character in multiplayer had the same exact characteristics, gameplay wise. So I don’t think you have a point there.

And as far as I have seen, no one has said anything one way or the other about whether or not anything Ace Combat is going to get in. A man can dream, right?

Jul 16, 2012 at 12:13AM EDT

Ace Combat has the disadvantage of it being lesser known, in fact I haven’t heard of it prior to you mentioning it. Dream away, but it’s chances of making it into Smash Brothers is rather low…
--

Now then, to assemble some facts. Everyone who appeared on that whiteboard drawing has a high chance and will probably make it into Smash Brothers 4.

Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Fox, Mr. Game and Watch, Kirby, Link, Wario, Pit, Pikachu, Meta Knight, Marth, a Pikmin User (Olimar most likely), Samus and her Zero Suit variation.

Though all of these characters are no surprise what-so-ever, it’s the only solid evidence we have right now of who might be in the final cast.

Last edited Jul 16, 2012 at 02:09AM EDT
Jul 16, 2012 at 02:07AM EDT
Quote

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Ace Combat has the disadvantage of it being lesser known, in fact I haven’t heard of it prior to you mentioning it. Dream away, but it’s chances of making it into Smash Brothers is rather low…
--

Now then, to assemble some facts. Everyone who appeared on that whiteboard drawing has a high chance and will probably make it into Smash Brothers 4.

Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Fox, Mr. Game and Watch, Kirby, Link, Wario, Pit, Pikachu, Meta Knight, Marth, a Pikmin User (Olimar most likely), Samus and her Zero Suit variation.

Though all of these characters are no surprise what-so-ever, it’s the only solid evidence we have right now of who might be in the final cast.

With Pikmin, since a new game is coming out which doesn’t have Olimar in it, may it be someone else who controls the Pikmin?

Jul 16, 2012 at 02:13AM EDT
Quote

CocoaCannon wrote:

I would love it if they had a street fighter stage, or character, atleast a trophy, though they probably won’t because it’s capcom… although they did get sonic in, and he’s a Sega character….

Sakurai said that there might be some Capcom content.

Personally I’d say that Mega Man is the best bet for getting in.

Jul 16, 2012 at 10:25AM EDT
Quote

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Ace Combat has the disadvantage of it being lesser known, in fact I haven’t heard of it prior to you mentioning it. Dream away, but it’s chances of making it into Smash Brothers is rather low…
--

Now then, to assemble some facts. Everyone who appeared on that whiteboard drawing has a high chance and will probably make it into Smash Brothers 4.

Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Fox, Mr. Game and Watch, Kirby, Link, Wario, Pit, Pikachu, Meta Knight, Marth, a Pikmin User (Olimar most likely), Samus and her Zero Suit variation.

Though all of these characters are no surprise what-so-ever, it’s the only solid evidence we have right now of who might be in the final cast.

Also, I’d say that Ness or Lucas is probable, note the Mr. Saturn

Jul 16, 2012 at 10:27AM EDT
Quote

Katie C. wrote:

Sakurai said that there might be some Capcom content.

Personally I’d say that Mega Man is the best bet for getting in.

You forgot that Capcom made Megaman a fat version of himself based off the first Mega-Man game boxart for Street Fighter X Tekken:

And, that they cancelled Megaman Legends 3:

Capcom has lost touch with it’s fans; its true and you know it, deal with it.

So no, I won’t think he WILL appear in the game, and that Capcom will troll us by making him a DLC character, or just leave him out of the game. Instead, I think Capcom will add some shit, like Phoenix Wright; everyone LOVES Phoenix, but not MEGA MAN, THE SAME CHARACTER THAT HELPED YOUR COMPANY THROUGHOUT THE YEARS!

Oh, and about Pac-Man getting into SSB4/SSB3DS…

….and to think that Sonic’s and Crash’s new design was bad, but THIS, THIS IS JUST A “FANBOY AND CHUM CHUMSTYLE MOCKERY OF ALL PAC MAN AND MEGA MAN HISTORY!

Last edited Jul 16, 2012 at 12:25PM EDT
Jul 16, 2012 at 12:20PM EDT

Random21 wrote:

With Pikmin, since a new game is coming out which doesn’t have Olimar in it, may it be someone else who controls the Pikmin?

They didn’t say Olimar wasn’t in it… they just said the reason he wasn’t playable “Was a Secret”, which probably means he is still in there.

Also, I am going to point out his attendance in the Pikmin series: Olimar has been in 2 maybe 3 Pikmin games while all the other captains have only been in one. Likely chance is that it’s going to be him.

Jul 16, 2012 at 01:07PM EDT
Quote

@Karmacharged
Capcom just keeping it real.
That megaman fit the art style of the game really well.
I swear if I end up working for capcom….

Jul 16, 2012 at 01:16PM EDT
Quote

@Karmacharged
And you know that Capcom won’t include Mega Man or Pac Man how?

Jul 16, 2012 at 01:56PM EDT
Quote

@Karmacharged
I LOVE PHOENIX WRIGHT, NOT MEGA MAN. Maybe they just know when to let something die. For example games like Zelda, Mario, Street Fighter ETC. still have some creative ideas to get out of them (New Super Mario Bros series aside) However, other classic games seem like they’re beating a dead horse.
like Pac – Man:

Or Frogger:

Frogger especially, is an example of a game that died ages ago, but keep being brought back to life because it was once popular. At least Pac-Man had some good spin offs.

Last edited Jul 16, 2012 at 02:11PM EDT
Jul 16, 2012 at 02:00PM EDT
Quote

Just because they made a bunch of shitty Pac-Man games doesn’t mean they can’t have an older Pac-Man in as a character.

Jul 16, 2012 at 02:21PM EDT
Quote

Katie C. wrote:

Just because they made a bunch of shitty Pac-Man games doesn’t mean they can’t have an older Pac-Man in as a character.

I was trying to show why Capcom are leaving Mega Man alone, I didn’t even mention Pac-Man not being In ssb

Jul 16, 2012 at 02:31PM EDT
Quote

Random21 wrote:

I was trying to show why Capcom are leaving Mega Man alone, I didn’t even mention Pac-Man not being In ssb

((Street Fighter never dies BTW))

I want more Bionic Commando from Capcom…
Dreads or not Nathan “Radd” Spencer is Epic

@thread how did we start to talk about capcom?

Jul 16, 2012 at 02:40PM EDT
Quote

Okay then CHANGING SUBJECT

Let’s talk about stages, there isn’t a cut with stages, so Post which stages you want to return and ones you want creating. Even talk about level designer if you want.

Jul 16, 2012 at 02:54PM EDT
Quote

Random21 wrote:

Okay then CHANGING SUBJECT

Let’s talk about stages, there isn’t a cut with stages, so Post which stages you want to return and ones you want creating. Even talk about level designer if you want.

The black market:

Also, the Raven as an assist trophy.

Last edited Jul 16, 2012 at 03:49PM EDT
Jul 16, 2012 at 03:43PM EDT
Quote

Lanayru Desert might work as a stage. There can be a point where it shifts to the past and changes the stage layout.

Jul 16, 2012 at 03:46PM EDT
Quote

Katie C. wrote:

Just because they made a bunch of shitty Pac-Man games doesn’t mean they can’t have an older Pac-Man in as a character.

The Original, classic 8-bit Arcade Pac-Man, or the Pac Man from the Pac-Man World series?

I would like to play as one of them, but I don’t think Namco and Capcom would let that slide, mostly for Classic Pac-man, and instead, use their current, “great” design.

Even if they make the Modern Pacman have a Final Smash that makes him turn into the original, I still wouldn’t play him because he looks like something from Fanboy and Chum Chum, like I addressed earlier, and he sounds so annoying >_<

Whats so ironic is that the show was to be on Nickelodeon, but now, it belongs to Disney… or, the other way around, I’m not really sure. Ether way, I don’t want the new Pacman and Megaman in SSB4/SSB4 3DS

Really, forgot about this loudmouthed “new” Pac-Man and the pathetic, fat version of Megaman that made the first Megaman game cover look like a Bad ass, Would you like to play the Pac-Man that spews out annoying sounds, is Thirty years old, and acts like a character from a crappy, Nickelodeon cartoon?

Or, would you want the caring father Pac-Man that is 25 years old, who acts like a true hero with the subtle voice and great humor?

But if they actually do use one of the earlier design choices, I would be pleased even more if there was a Signature Stage for both of them; moving on.

Dr. Willy’s Fortress

PacMan Arcade or PacTown

There should be also a few stages from the original 3 games, like PokeFloats, Fourside, Yoshi’s Island (64) ETC. I also want to see if they’re going to add Ninten, or just a stage based off of Mother 1/Earthbound.

Jul 16, 2012 at 03:54PM EDT

Classic stages from Brawl could be (picking 5) Halberd, Wario Ware, 75m/Flat Zone 2/Maio Bros (pick one) Summit, and Rumble Falls

Jul 16, 2012 at 04:11PM EDT
Quote

Off topic:
@thread
>implying Capcom are developing the game

On topic:
here are a couple of stages a magazine I read suggested
I completely agree with the idea of the performance stage from Paper Mario. If you’ve played The Thousand Year Door, you know why this is a good idea.
Here are some others:
Wuhu Island – goes without saying
The city from AC – could act like the AC stage from brawl
Distortion World – could go with interesting phsyics
Court – Because I have to come up with an Ace Attorney suggestion

Jul 16, 2012 at 04:13PM EDT
Quote

Random21 wrote:

Okay then CHANGING SUBJECT

Let’s talk about stages, there isn’t a cut with stages, so Post which stages you want to return and ones you want creating. Even talk about level designer if you want.

Realistic Wish for new stages:
Skyloft from Skyward Sword


It could work a lot like Delefino Plaza did in Brawl.

Comet Observatory from Super Mario Galexy:

Placed in front of the main spawn point, and the stage parts modified to have parts where you fall off at.

Return of Princess Peaches Castle:

But cluster the town around the castle, and have a day and nighttime edition. (Daytime Edition having some of Bowsers Minions causing shenanigans and Nighttime Edition being the festival from Mario Galaxy)

Skytown from Metroid Prime 3:

It’s setting is just so perfect for a Smash Bros Stage!

And on a related note, City in the Sky from Twilight Princess:

Rooftops of Coreria City: (Sorry for the bad image, I couldn’t find anything decent)

Like Forside from Melee, but with more Spaceships.

The Begnion Tower from Fire Emblem:

Inside the tower, as you are gradually raised up you see several battles going on. You eventually get attacked by Dragons, Wizards, and Ashrea at the very top.

The Starcutter from Kirby:

Sort of like Rainbow Cruise from Melee, but with Kirby.

Rainbow Road from Mario Kart:

I don’t care witch one, just as long as it’s Rainbow Road and not Mario Circuit.

Semi Realistic Wishes:
Kamiki Village from Okami:

The stage itself would be placed near the giant Sakura Tree, and the village layout would be modified to place the village behind the tree instead of the Ocean.
Also have a Day, Night (fesitival), and Evil version of the stage.

The Village from Resident Evil 4:

Stage is on top of the house that had the Shotgun in it. Zombies are swarming the ground so that is why you die when you fall off.

Inside the Tower of Salvation from Tales of Symphonia:

Related: Inside Derris Kharlan. I couldn’t find an image of the location I wanted, but it is essentially in the final part of the dungeon.

Talims stage from Soul Caliber 2:

Lots of overhanging stuff to jump on, so it is a perfect fit.

Or the Cathedral.

Unrealistic Wish for new stage: Scarlet Devil Mansion.

Jul 16, 2012 at 04:31PM EDT
Quote

Random21 wrote:

Off topic:
@thread
>implying Capcom are developing the game

On topic:
here are a couple of stages a magazine I read suggested
I completely agree with the idea of the performance stage from Paper Mario. If you’ve played The Thousand Year Door, you know why this is a good idea.
Here are some others:
Wuhu Island – goes without saying
The city from AC – could act like the AC stage from brawl
Distortion World – could go with interesting phsyics
Court – Because I have to come up with an Ace Attorney suggestion

I have indeed played TTYD and I indeed know why that would make for a killer stage. Rocks getting hurled at you, getting frozen, GIANT BOWSER THINGS OUT OF NOWHERE!!

Jul 16, 2012 at 06:17PM EDT
Quote

If they did add something from Soulcalibur I doubt it would come from SC2, sadly. I think they’d pick something from a more recent release. Still, the Cathedral would be a damn awesome stage. With incredibly epic music:



If that doesn’t sound epic to you, you might as well be deaf.

Jul 16, 2012 at 06:34PM EDT

Katie C. wrote:

I forgot about Hanenbow, but that was a special case due to the nature of the game.

Didn’t Pictochat also get a stage? Also: Animal Crossing got the Smashville stage despite having no character.

Jul 16, 2012 at 07:31PM EDT
Quote

burning_phoneix wrote:

Didn’t Pictochat also get a stage? Also: Animal Crossing got the Smashville stage despite having no character.

More reasons for me to believe an Ace Combat inspired stage could be possible.

Only reason that AC is out of the mainstream at all is because it’s a flight game. As best I can tell, it’s the most mainstream air combat game ever made. Certainly the most successful. Just look at the sheer number of sequels and spinoffs.

That said, I don’t believe any Ace Combat game has ever been on a Nintendo platform, may need correction on that; but if I’m not mistaken, Project Aces had a role in the development of Star Fox Assault on the Gamecube, which got referenced in Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War with its arcade mode called “Operation Katina”.

Now, you tell me whether I’ve got a leg to stand on here.

Last edited Jul 16, 2012 at 07:40PM EDT
Jul 16, 2012 at 07:39PM EDT

If you have something that is unique enough it could have a stage.

Jul 16, 2012 at 07:41PM EDT
Quote

I’ve already come up with two stage ideas.

The first is set aboard the Estovakian Heavy Command Cruiser P-1112 Aigaion. It would be during a pitched battle in the skies, as the Strigon Team and Aigaion’s supporting fleet face down a swarm of Emmerian fighters.

The other, Miami rooftops with a similar layout to Saffron City from SSB64, just with a massive aerial dogfight going on around you. USAF fighters battle to defend their turf against the rush of New Russian Federation planes.

Either would be an intense and dynamic battlefield, with the potential to push the processing power of the Wii U to its limits.

Jul 16, 2012 at 08:02PM EDT

Groose should be a playable character. Just look at this suave motherfucker.

Jul 17, 2012 at 11:30AM EDT
Quote

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

I’ve already come up with two stage ideas.

The first is set aboard the Estovakian Heavy Command Cruiser P-1112 Aigaion. It would be during a pitched battle in the skies, as the Strigon Team and Aigaion’s supporting fleet face down a swarm of Emmerian fighters.

The other, Miami rooftops with a similar layout to Saffron City from SSB64, just with a massive aerial dogfight going on around you. USAF fighters battle to defend their turf against the rush of New Russian Federation planes.

Either would be an intense and dynamic battlefield, with the potential to push the processing power of the Wii U to its limits.

Never gonna happen

Jul 17, 2012 at 11:55AM EDT
Quote

Katie C. wrote:

Never gonna happen

I agree with this, mainly because if they added it, Nintendo would lose their 12 rating, which they will probably want to keep as best as they can. Shadow Moses Island is different, because it doesn’t actually have a large amount of violence in.

Jul 17, 2012 at 12:34PM EDT
Quote

Besides, Kojima and Sakurai are like BFFs. That’s how Snake got in.

Jul 17, 2012 at 12:50PM EDT
Quote

Semi Realistic Wishes:

The city from Phoenix Wright x Professor Layton

A location from Xenoblade.

Seriously, this world was built for Smash Brothers. xD

Semi Unrealistic Wishes:

Something from Blazblue


Jul 17, 2012 at 12:57PM EDT
Quote

There won’t be much Namco Bandai content, just because there is an opportunity for Namco Bandai to have content in the game does not mean that there will be a lot of it in.
There will almost certainly be no more than 3 characters or stages from Namco Bandai. This will still be a game almost entirely centred on Nintendo. Focusing on how much Namco Bandai content can be crammed into the game is a waste of time because very little will make it in. Sakurai’s calling the shots, you know.

Jul 17, 2012 at 01:16PM EDT
Quote

Remember this is the guy who decided to put tripping in the game. We never will no what will happen.

Jul 17, 2012 at 01:38PM EDT
Quote

Katie C. wrote:

Never gonna happen

It’s not like those stages would have to show the full destruction potential inherent in the “Steel Carnage” system. And besides, you’re likely expecting there to be ground units, even infantry to be involved, aren’t you?

Neither the battle against the Aigaion nor the attack on Miami involved any surface units, as far as I remember. Especially not any infantry. And if you’re expecting that Warwolf Squadron would end up dropping a few S-bombs, they don’t have to. It wouldn’t change a thing about them to cut out every swear word they ever spoke.

As if that wasn’t enough, both AC06 and AC:AH were rated T for Teen by the ESRB. Maybe that isn’t as good as an E for Everyone or an E10+, but I seriously doubt if it would do enough harm to bring an M for Mature. Besides, wasn’t Melee given a T?

I don’t think it’s nearly as bad as you think it is. It could happen.

Jul 17, 2012 at 02:02PM EDT

Ann Hiro wrote:

Remember this is the guy who decided to put tripping in the game. We never will no what will happen.

This is also the guy who gave Ganondorf a sword in both games but doesn’t give him any moves that use the sword.

That taunt in Brawl just pissed me off.

Jul 17, 2012 at 02:03PM EDT
Quote

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

It’s not like those stages would have to show the full destruction potential inherent in the “Steel Carnage” system. And besides, you’re likely expecting there to be ground units, even infantry to be involved, aren’t you?

Neither the battle against the Aigaion nor the attack on Miami involved any surface units, as far as I remember. Especially not any infantry. And if you’re expecting that Warwolf Squadron would end up dropping a few S-bombs, they don’t have to. It wouldn’t change a thing about them to cut out every swear word they ever spoke.

As if that wasn’t enough, both AC06 and AC:AH were rated T for Teen by the ESRB. Maybe that isn’t as good as an E for Everyone or an E10+, but I seriously doubt if it would do enough harm to bring an M for Mature. Besides, wasn’t Melee given a T?

I don’t think it’s nearly as bad as you think it is. It could happen.

There will never be an Ace Combat stage

Last edited Jul 17, 2012 at 02:19PM EDT
Jul 17, 2012 at 02:12PM EDT
Quote

Katie C. wrote:

There will never be an Ace Combat stage

You can’t say that. We haven’t seen anything saying there won’t be.

I’m just trying to come up with a good idea to mix things up a bit.

Jul 17, 2012 at 02:16PM EDT

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

You can’t say that. We haven’t seen anything saying there won’t be.

I’m just trying to come up with a good idea to mix things up a bit.

Nobody ever said that there wouldn’t be a Galaga stage either.

Jul 17, 2012 at 02:28PM EDT
Quote

Katie C. wrote:

This is also the guy who gave Ganondorf a sword in both games but doesn’t give him any moves that use the sword.

That taunt in Brawl just pissed me off.

This is also the guy that wasted 2 character slots with the same person. (I’m looking at you Link.) And the guy that made 3 characters with the exact same moves. (Starfox)

The way Toon Link was made in brawl just pissed me off. Why couldn’t we have Saki from Sin and Punishment?

Also, there was so much potential for Falco and Wolf. And yet they get lazy.

@thread
As for stages, I would also like to see the Lanayru Desert. Or the Krakken (I forget the name of that boss) boss stage on the ship.

Or for a nice, grounded stage, how about the area where you fight Demise? I can imagine the lightning bolts being a hazard.

Last edited Jul 17, 2012 at 02:35PM EDT
Jul 17, 2012 at 02:32PM EDT
Quote

Katie C. wrote:

Nobody ever said that there wouldn’t be a Galaga stage either.

That one, I think, is clearly out of the question. If for no other reason than the fact that there was never anything solid to stand on in those games. To the best of my knowledge, anyway.

Ace Combat on the other hand at least takes place in an atmosphere (most of the time; I had heard that some missions in Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere take place in orbit, but outside Strangereal’s atmosphere). Therefore, it makes far more sense to have an Ace Combat stage than a Galaga one. Besides, the AC games often feature aerial battles taking place directly over cities, sometimes weaving right between buildings to hunt down targets. A stage set on a rooftop under such a battle sounds like a hell of an idea to me.

Jul 17, 2012 at 02:33PM EDT
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

PLEASE PUT SHY GUY IN!

AND HAVE AN OPTION FOR METAL CHARACTERS!
Thank yuh.

Last edited Jul 17, 2012 at 06:28PM EDT
Jul 17, 2012 at 06:27PM EDT
Quote

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

That one, I think, is clearly out of the question. If for no other reason than the fact that there was never anything solid to stand on in those games. To the best of my knowledge, anyway.

Ace Combat on the other hand at least takes place in an atmosphere (most of the time; I had heard that some missions in Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere take place in orbit, but outside Strangereal’s atmosphere). Therefore, it makes far more sense to have an Ace Combat stage than a Galaga one. Besides, the AC games often feature aerial battles taking place directly over cities, sometimes weaving right between buildings to hunt down targets. A stage set on a rooftop under such a battle sounds like a hell of an idea to me.

Both are out of the question.
When will you realise that it is not a 3rd party game that can fit in?

Jul 17, 2012 at 06:38PM EDT
Quote

Mario Party Stage? Dice blocks could appear on the stage, similar to the “POW” block from Mario Bros stage from the 64 version. The number you roll would determine the strength of the effect. Red/Blue/duel/miracle spaces would have to make their way in there too. Not sure what the setting would be. I’m a fan of the Mario Party 6 stages myself, but perhaps the party box from Mario Party 4 would work.

Jul 17, 2012 at 09:54PM EDT
Quote

KI....D wrote:

Mario Party Stage? Dice blocks could appear on the stage, similar to the “POW” block from Mario Bros stage from the 64 version. The number you roll would determine the strength of the effect. Red/Blue/duel/miracle spaces would have to make their way in there too. Not sure what the setting would be. I’m a fan of the Mario Party 6 stages myself, but perhaps the party box from Mario Party 4 would work.

Nobody’s going to put the single most hated element in all of Mario Party into the game.
Thank God it was only in 6…

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:06PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!