Forums / Discussion / General

169,518 total conversations in 5,528 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10166 posts from 235 users

If it’s true, I’ll wait and see, but holy crap, the fandom’s response.

And it’s not just to Equestria Girls, but Alicorn Twilight, and much of anything most of the time to be honest.

Hell, this Equestria Girls thing is just a rumor and already folks are going “RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!” instead of waiting and seeing if it’s even true to begin with.

Last edited Feb 13, 2013 at 12:15AM EST
Feb 13, 2013 at 12:14AM EST
Quote

Jacob wrote:

Anyways, because of this news should the Humanized MLP fan art entry have some more work put into it mentioning this?

The two don’t really apply to each other. This technically isn’t MLP:FiM, and it doesn’t count as fan art if it’s officially licensed.


Going to add this explained Advanced Supper here.



You couldn’t have chosen anything with a happier ending, RandomMan?

Last edited Feb 13, 2013 at 12:25AM EST
Feb 13, 2013 at 12:24AM EST

Sonata Dusk wrote:

Jacob wrote:

Anyways, because of this news should the Humanized MLP fan art entry have some more work put into it mentioning this?

The two don’t really apply to each other. This technically isn’t MLP:FiM, and it doesn’t count as fan art if it’s officially licensed.


Going to add this explained Advanced Supper here.



You couldn’t have chosen anything with a happier ending, RandomMan?

W00t so glad I’m not part of that picture!

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:46AM EST
Quote

@Dac

what windago said, and also we must pay tribute to the exalted one with clever shoops.

@about equestria girls again

Just to clarify I actually do find the idea of a spinoff with humanized characters appealing so I’d probably check out a couple episodes. I agree that the character designs seem a little off though so I kinda hope those aren’t the final ones (if this is all for real, that is).

Last edited Feb 13, 2013 at 01:04AM EST
Feb 13, 2013 at 12:59AM EST

Crimson Locks wrote:

Yes but we should also have a little faith in the fact that it is proven that Hasbro can find good writers. When Lauren left, the show didn’t implode, it was able to hold up its standards with different writers. We have proof that Hasbro has made poor decisions picking writers in the past (their past MLP shows weren’t all that bad except for G3), but they have also proven that they know a competent writer when they see one.

Also, I’m sort of warming up to the Equestria Girls designs, although it does just look cheap…

Maybe it’ll turn out just fine, maybe not. I’d be happier knowing if the same people from the normal show are working on this, considering how well “Keep Calm and Flutter On,” another risky concept, went.

As for the character designs… I’ll have to disagree completely. I can only hope they’re not the final, official designs (and I seriously doubt they are); they’re just so bad, they could ruin the show no matter how good the writing may be.

Feb 13, 2013 at 01:13AM EST
Quote

Snickerway (D-Day in 244 days) wrote:

Maybe it’ll turn out just fine, maybe not. I’d be happier knowing if the same people from the normal show are working on this, considering how well “Keep Calm and Flutter On,” another risky concept, went.

As for the character designs… I’ll have to disagree completely. I can only hope they’re not the final, official designs (and I seriously doubt they are); they’re just so bad, they could ruin the show no matter how good the writing may be.

That’s even if it’s true and not just some troll with photoshop.

Feb 13, 2013 at 01:15AM EST
Quote

Ashki wrote:

That’s even if it’s true and not just some troll with photoshop.

I keep on thinking that it’s fake for some reason.

Feb 13, 2013 at 01:18AM EST
Quote

Snickerway (D-Day in 244 days) wrote:

Maybe it’ll turn out just fine, maybe not. I’d be happier knowing if the same people from the normal show are working on this, considering how well “Keep Calm and Flutter On,” another risky concept, went.

As for the character designs… I’ll have to disagree completely. I can only hope they’re not the final, official designs (and I seriously doubt they are); they’re just so bad, they could ruin the show no matter how good the writing may be.

Agreed. You either have to go full-on anthro or full-on humanized; this “human faces with ponyish feet and pony-color skin” look is too awkward. Rainbow Dash looks like she’s drowned or something, for crying out loud.

Plus they all look like they were run through a simple flash-based character creator on the level of the background pony maker – everything seems copypasted. They’ve all got the same high-waisted skirts, the same pose, and the same height for footwear – the footwear really irks me for some reason. Maybe it’s something about how all of these boots seem really contrary to my headcanons for humanized mane 6.

Feb 13, 2013 at 01:21AM EST
Quote

Blue Yoshi wrote:

I keep on thinking that it’s fake for some reason.

It could very well be. This fandom is volatile to say the least, and someone may have figured a way to set it off….again.

All we can do is wait and see what becomes of this.

Feb 13, 2013 at 01:22AM EST
Quote

Well, we would finally get to see their canon human skin-tone.

That’s probably good, right?

Right?

Feb 13, 2013 at 01:24AM EST
Quote

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

Well, we would finally get to see their canon human skin-tone.

That’s probably good, right?

Right?

>human skin tone

>leaks retain pastel pony colors
>Eiffel 65 play us off

Last edited Feb 13, 2013 at 01:32AM EST
Feb 13, 2013 at 01:31AM EST
Quote

@Equestria Girls

The only explanation I can think of here is that Hasbro has just seen all our humanized/furry/anthro fan art of MLP and huge dollar signs just popped up into their eyeballs.

I bet they figure that this will appeal the franchise to older generations and are trying to snatch some of the senior school viewers off the Disney channel (If they make the characters sexy and switch to full anthro/full humanized and not moe anthro, it might just work too). But it’s getting pretty hard to determine their motive these days now. Sometimes I feel like they are just plain trolling us.

The scary thing is that I once hypothesized a scenario where Hasbro sells the franchise to Disney and Disney turns the series into a live-action high school dramedy where the ponies are equally characterized human school girls that can turn into G3 ponies at night and have a portal to a fanciful pony world in the girls bathroom…this is quite close. But then again that scenario imagined the main series going that way, not a spin-off. So the situation isn’t that bad

It’s going to be a separate show from the sound of things so if it turns out be lame and embarrassing like I kind of expect it to be, then we can just sidestep it and pretend it isn’t there like we did with LPS.

No need to act like it’s the end of everything (Connor…), not that Bronies being melodramatic actually means anything anymore. You guys over-dramatize everything so much that drama just lost it’s impact.


@Anyone still wondering about the Rarity storm

Just read the last few pages for context.

But in short terms: This thread has Advanced to the next level

Last edited Feb 13, 2013 at 01:37AM EST
Feb 13, 2013 at 01:35AM EST
Quote

Rumors were off.

I can live with this. My fears are assuaged.

lol i dun no wut assuaged means

Feb 13, 2013 at 01:41AM EST

Verbose wrote:

Rumors were off.

I can live with this. My fears are assuaged.

lol i dun no wut assuaged means

Well that does explain why

Twilight becomes an acorn.

Feb 13, 2013 at 01:49AM EST

Seeing as how I just now learned that Advance had been banned, I decided to make a late jump onto the Advancewagon by changing my name, while still half-assing it by not changing my avatar. Unless one of you guys could put Rarity’s mane on that Gengar for me.

Am I cool yet?

EDIT: Was it a permaban?

Last edited Feb 13, 2013 at 01:55AM EST
Feb 13, 2013 at 01:54AM EST
Quote

It wasn’t permanent. He will be back in a few days and resume uploading fap material.


@One more thing on Equestria Girls

Also I just realized that we will need to ponify the humanizations

What will that look like?

Feb 13, 2013 at 02:00AM EST
Quote

Speaking of which, why does everyone have the word “advance” in their username? Is this some sort of fad that’s going on right now?

If so, I would like to join it. =D

Last edited Feb 13, 2013 at 02:04AM EST
Feb 13, 2013 at 02:02AM EST
Quote

Blue Yoshi wrote:

Speaking of which, why does everyone have the word “advance” in their username? Is this some sort of fad that’s going on right now?

If so, I would like to join it. =D

Apparently Advance got banned for posting to much NSFW pictures in the gallery.

And now I must sleep.

Last edited Feb 13, 2013 at 02:06AM EST
Feb 13, 2013 at 02:06AM EST
Quote

While Advance is gone, maybe I can finally fulfill by goal of becoming to Queen Chrysalis what he is to Rarity.

QUICK! EVERYONE START MAKING CHRYSALISxEDAN ART SO WE CAN FLOOD ADVANCE’S WALL WITH IT.

Oh God I’m so desperate for attention.

Feb 13, 2013 at 02:06AM EST
Quote

Ashki wrote:

Apparently Advance got banned for posting to much NSFW pictures in the gallery.

And now I must sleep.

O_O

Really?

Feb 13, 2013 at 02:08AM EST
Quote

WAIT WUT?
DID YOU SAY HUMAN VERSION OF MLP?
THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE ANTHRO PONIES!!

DREAMS DO COME TRUE

Feb 13, 2013 at 02:10AM EST
Quote

Blue Yoshi wrote:

O_O

Really?

Yup.

Verbose banned Advance for a week for an X-rated image.
Scratch then changed his account name and took a Rarity avatar to temporarily take his place.
Krupam commented everyone would be doing it now.
I said it was a good idea.
Daruqe agreed, and we both Advanced our accounts and took Rarity avatars.
Everyone else followed suit.

I said it before, and I’ll say it again:
It’s all Verbose’s fault.

Feb 13, 2013 at 02:11AM EST

Sonata Dusk wrote:

Yup.

Verbose banned Advance for a week for an X-rated image.
Scratch then changed his account name and took a Rarity avatar to temporarily take his place.
Krupam commented everyone would be doing it now.
I said it was a good idea.
Daruqe agreed, and we both Advanced our accounts and took Rarity avatars.
Everyone else followed suit.

I said it before, and I’ll say it again:
It’s all Verbose’s fault.

(sees all the Rarity avatars)

Hmm, that’s interesting. I think I should…

…what? Blue Yoshi is evolving!

Congratulations! Blue Yoshi evolved into Blue Advance!

Feb 13, 2013 at 02:16AM EST
Quote

I see that Rarity’s plans for world domination continue unabated.

The horror…

@Equestria Girls

Ugh… that’s a tough one.
A major component of the charm of the current MLP for me is the art style, which includes the fact that they are ponies.
I mean, Twilicorn created a whole storm because it modified one character by adding a few traits.
This looks to substantially change all of the characters, and in very odd ways.
What is Dash without her wings?
Will the former unicorns still be able to do magic?
Why are they going back to high school when most of the ponies seem to be essentially independent? (Are they all going to be living with suddenly-important parents or will they all be randomly emancipated minors or something?)
They did specifically state that it would be about the ponies ‘taking human form’ which seems to imply some kind of crazy transformation thing rather than an alternate universe, so are they going to be non-humans suddenly thrust into a human world?
(Actually, putting it that way makes it sound a little like what we’ve done with Doctor Hooves suddenly becoming a pony, and that’s worked out relatively well…)
I’m certainly not going to condemn it based solely on what little information we have so far, but it does seem like it has an inordinate number of hurdles to overcome to be successful.
One major thing: I have to assume that the same voice actresses will be used, right?
That would just be ridiculous if they changed that up.
The fact that it will be a separate series and we know that our ponies will continue in parallel does mitigate a lot of the uneasiness, but it is still odd.
And who knows?
It could be cute!

Last edited Feb 13, 2013 at 02:29AM EST
Feb 13, 2013 at 02:27AM EST
Quote

@ Derpy:

I’m not really into anthros, but man, that pic is sweet.

Feb 13, 2013 at 03:00AM EST
Quote

Big sis, why are there all these weird guys on the Internet pretending to be you?

Last edited Feb 13, 2013 at 03:10AM EST
Feb 13, 2013 at 03:01AM EST
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

Let’s see how well my memory works!

  • Ep 1+2 – The Crystal Empire: Parts 1 and 2: There are mixed feelings on this one. The mane six have to save the Crystal Ponies (a new species) from the eeeeeevil King Sombra.
  • Ep 3 – Too Many Pinkie Pies: Pinkie clones herself so that she may have fun with all of her friends at once. Chaos ensues.
  • Ep 4 – One Bad Apple: The CMCs meet Applebloom’s (Apple Bloom’s?) cousin from Manehattan, Babs. Is Babs a friend or foe?
  • Ep 5 – Magic Duel: Trixie returns to Ponyville. Revenge ensues.
  • Ep 6 – Sleepless in Ponyville: The CMCs go on a camping trip with their sisters and Rainbow Dash. Scootaloo spends the episode trying to impress Dashie and have Dash accept her as a sister.
  • Ep 7 – Wonderbolts Academy: This episode also had mixed response from the bronies. Rainbow Dash goes off to a Wonderbolt boot camp and runs into friendly competition.
  • Ep 8 – Apple Family Reunion: Applejack’s family is holding a reunion, and Applejack has the responsibility of organizing the whole thing.
  • Ep 9 – Spike at Your Service: Another episode with mixed reviews. Applejack saves Spike’s life, and so Spike feels the need to repay her by serving her for the rest of his life. Chaos ensues.
    *Ep 10 – Keep Calm and Flutter On: Celestia gives Fluttershy the task of turning Discord good and having him use his powers to help Equestria.
    *Ep 11 – Just for Sidekicks: While the mane six are away helping the Crystal Empire prepare for the Equestria Games, Spike takes on the task of taking care of their pets in return for gems to make a cake with
    *Ep 12 – Games Ponies Play: The mane six arrive in the Crystal Empire and have the task of meeting the game inspector of the Equestria Games and showing her a warm welcome so that she will choose the Crystal Empire to host the Games. Will the fail or succeed?

And there you go, hope that helps!

Cool. Let’s see, watched the first two (meh), 3 sounds epic, 4 I dunno, 5 meh overrated character (Blueblood, on the other hand, is one sexy son of a bitch), 6 I take it Deadparrot222 was all over this one, 7 yeah I can see that (Gilda?), 8 let me guess she tries to do everything and then Big Mac is like no, 9 it would work better with Rarity, 10 gg Baby Cakes bai headcanon, 11 Tank saves the day again obviously, 12 merchandising. 13 is the last episode with the mane 6 since twilicorn and season 4 will follow the Cutie Mark Crusaders, the lead role taken by the most obvious choice of all, the most capable, ambitious, independent-thinking little filly around, everyone’s favourite flightless and cutie mark-less pony, who will stop at nothing to reach her goals, and has a quite awesome mane if I do say so myself, Sweetie Belle.

Looks like I’m accountable to someone for watching these now. I WON’T LET YOU DOWN CRIMSONLOCKS (heyy when did you start posting here)


Unspoilerizificating Equestria Girls huh?

Going to reiterate my stance here: there is not legitimate reason why Hasbro would tie a series like this to the MLP line over a new IP. So they won’t do it.

However, I can see them making a new series, maybe reusing one of the VAs (Tara Strong in particular seems to love reusing that Twilight voice for everything), and then doing all of that stuff.


@exudes
Sweetie Belle is- licking her elbow? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

Feb 13, 2013 at 03:58AM EST
Quote

@All the Advances.

If you keep this up much longer, or do too many Religious references, someone will make a bad Life of Brian Photoshop or reference.

Just saying.

Though it looks like the worst/best of it is over so maybe that won’t happen.

Edit:

Sweetie Belle is- licking her elbow? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

Um… that’s not her elbow I don’t think… That’s probably just her wrist.

Last edited Feb 13, 2013 at 05:45AM EST
Feb 13, 2013 at 05:40AM EST
Quote

With all the Advances around, I feel compelled to post a picture too.

Feb 13, 2013 at 06:58AM EST

Sonata Dusk wrote:

Don’t watch it? I won’t. Season 4 of My Little PONY is also set to air this fall, meaning that they are likely going to keep exclusively to their own IPs if they run at the same time. It’d be weird if Celestia decided to copy the ponies and then let them work together, no? Bronies is a combination of “bro” and “ponies”, so without the pony.. I don’t believe that many bronies will follow the new IP. That’s okay, though, as we don’t have to follow every single pony-style deviation they come up with.

And oooh.. I can’t wait for The Conversion Bureau writers on FiMFiction to throw a shit fit. I despise those stories to no end.

Outside of that.. If the leaked images are anything to go by, it looks like a Bratz knockoff almost. It’ll probably be Hasbro’s attempt at striking at MGA Entertainment’s brand. It might even succeed, though I have my doubts.

Here’s Calpain over at EQD’s take.

Yeah, the conversion Bureau never really appealed to me either. I’ve never read it, but to me it just seems to be some misanthropic bullshit about how all the human race’s problems and flaws can be solved if they turned into multicolored ponies.

Oh! Look at me! I hate my humans! I hate them so much! Look how edgy and interesting I am!

Feb 13, 2013 at 07:46AM EST
Quote

Spess wrote:

Yeah, the conversion Bureau never really appealed to me either. I’ve never read it, but to me it just seems to be some misanthropic bullshit about how all the human race’s problems and flaws can be solved if they turned into multicolored ponies.

Oh! Look at me! I hate my humans! I hate them so much! Look how edgy and interesting I am!

Ugh, the Conversion Bureau. I can sum that up in three words.

DO NOT WANT.

Feb 13, 2013 at 09:22AM EST
Quote

You think this is a motherfucking game?

Feb 13, 2013 at 09:24AM EST
Quote

Spess wrote:

Yeah, the conversion Bureau never really appealed to me either. I’ve never read it, but to me it just seems to be some misanthropic bullshit about how all the human race’s problems and flaws can be solved if they turned into multicolored ponies.

Oh! Look at me! I hate my humans! I hate them so much! Look how edgy and interesting I am!

I find the Conversion Bureau to be an incredibly naive piece of work. I’m afraid to read any of their stories for fear my brain will hurt trying to “Get it”.

Basic Assumptions It, and other stories like it make go more or less as follows (Or so I hear):
-> Humans are jerks. (Debatable.)
-> Humans are Violent. (Mostly False. See Post Traumatic Stress.)
-> Humans think only of themselves. (False. Like any other being, their actual biggest concerns is for their Children. We wouldn’t last long as a species if it wasn’t.)
-> Humans are ugly. (Subjective)
-> Humans are inept. (… How does one even respond to that?)
-> Some other Smart being could do better.

To the last point, I’m in the position where I can’t say one way or the other unless we’re talking about them having grown up in our place…

Assume that we had more or less our race’s starting conditions, and more or less our world, except for the fact that instead of humans, it was ponies. How would the difference go?

The chances of doing well are about the same in most terms. The Emerging intelligence of the species is likely to develop at the same speed, probably in the same order. They would make roughly the same mistakes humans would. No statistical difference in other words.

The fact that things are better in Equestria only shows that their world Demanded them to be united quickly rather than slowly. As just about everything but other ponies were trying to kill them. And in some cases, other pones were trying to kill them too in a few rare cases. So a single unified kingdom was required for them to merely survive. As wild untamed beasts could come and tear everything apart if they didn’t.

Humans on earth on the other hand… Well… We’re practically top of the food chain, so we only need a few people together in a group to work. Our biggest threat is each-other and Natural Disasters. Under these circumstances, coming together quick would be impossible. Mainly because people would/were more worried about each other than a predator. And considering how hard it is for the Police to watch over everyone… You get the picture.

And this brings us all back to the point of “If everyone and everything had no aggression against each other, we’d all be better off.” It’s hard to argue against that, but it’s definitely possible… if one considers the fact that there is nothing perfect enough in this world to allow that be virtue of genetic, sociological and psychological failures in an imperfect process of evolution alone.. Not perfectly anyways, and more importantly, so long as some aggression exists in some being, counter aggression becomes more or less the only option to deal with it.

I’m not sure where I’m going with the rest of this, I’m too tired right now… But those are my words on the Conversion Bureau’s “Logic”.

Feb 13, 2013 at 09:31AM EST
Quote

Well, some CB authors are worse then others. There’s one who I won’t name due to bringing up her name anywhere tends to cause a shitstorm, and we already have enough of that over Equestria Girls and Alicorn Twilight.

Feb 13, 2013 at 09:56AM EST
Quote

Twins wrote:

Looks like I’m accountable to someone for watching these now. I WON’T LET YOU DOWN CRIMSONLOCKS (heyy when did you start posting here)

If you fail me there will be… consequences
(I’m more of the occasional poster when it comes to this thread. This thread moves so fast that I can only bother to keep up with conversation if there is anything interesting enough going on within the fandom such as Equestria Girls or some other big event/announcement)

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:05AM EST
Quote

@Yet another controversy

Say what you want about Hasbro, but the motherfuckers don’t let us get bored.

Last edited Feb 13, 2013 at 10:28AM EST
Feb 13, 2013 at 10:27AM EST
Quote

Sweet, I have the day off this Saturday. Time to get my suit drycleaned so I may enjoy the rustlepocalypse.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:32AM EST
Quote

Fifths wrote:

@Yet another controversy

Say what you want about Hasbro, but the motherfuckers don’t let us get bored.

Amen to that.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:47AM EST
Quote

Kewln00b The Manchild wrote:

Sweet, I have the day off this Saturday. Time to get my suit drycleaned so I may enjoy the rustlepocalypse.

Our jimmies are ready.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:57AM EST
Quote

As some of you may have seen, Hasbro held a coronation event thing out in L.A. last Saturday where they gave an advanced screening of the finale.
Someone wrote up their experience with a number of pictures as well as some minor/semi-significant spoilers: EVENT RECAP
From the looks of it, Hasbro really went all-out for this thing!
But the best nugget will be in spoiler tags because I’m sure some people will not want to see (not that it is bad):

For all the talk of doom and gloom, I keep getting more and more excited to see this thing and this has definitely added to that feeling!

Oh and John Joseco got himself an invitation somehow.

That means he knows what’s going to happen!
Everyone go bother him for spoilers!
Also, according to the article, everyone there was crowned as an ‘honorary princess.’

Yeah, JJ’s a princess now.

Last edited Feb 13, 2013 at 12:36PM EST
Feb 13, 2013 at 12:27PM EST
Quote

Well, apparently they know of JJ’s work and are like “lol, we don’t care” if he could get an invitation.

That’s another thing. I’d have to say JJ’s Ask Princess Molestia tumblr would be a bit more damaging to Hasbro’s IP then Fighting is Magic, and yet it’s FiM that gets a C&D?

All of my what. Not to say I’d like to see a tumblr get shut down, but still, it’s acts like that that confuse the Hell out of me.

Last edited Feb 13, 2013 at 01:19PM EST
Feb 13, 2013 at 12:58PM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

First Twilicorn, then Derpy is canned, then the Doco shuts down and now Fighting is magic gets the Disney treatment

Good lord, it’s like world actually likes our shitstorms and is doing everything in it’s power to make us create more.

The second line needs restating.

Also: move aside, Peter New, JJ is new best princess.

Feb 13, 2013 at 02:34PM EST
Quote

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

“Coronation Concert” Event Recap [Spoilers, duh]

Really surprised that JJ got invited. Or that his Tumblr still up. Somebody at Hub likes him.

Which still leads me to believe that all this damaging of the IP of Hasbro is BS and that FiM was C&D’d for some other reason that is beyond me.

Feb 13, 2013 at 02:49PM EST
Quote

Ashki wrote:

Well, apparently they know of JJ’s work and are like “lol, we don’t care” if he could get an invitation.

That’s another thing. I’d have to say JJ’s Ask Princess Molestia tumblr would be a bit more damaging to Hasbro’s IP then Fighting is Magic, and yet it’s FiM that gets a C&D?

All of my what. Not to say I’d like to see a tumblr get shut down, but still, it’s acts like that that confuse the Hell out of me.

He’s also done quite a lot of work for charities and auctions so I’m assuming that’s how he got the invite.

For your other point, there’s a slight caveat in how something is determined to be ‘damaging’ or really, ‘potentially damaging’ which is probably the more accurate claim that the lawyers would make.
Basically, I don’t think there was a claim that Fighting is Magic would have necessarily harmed the brand, just that it possessed the potential to do so.
This is actually based less on its specific content than it’s high notoriety and easy confusion with an official product.

Mane6 were specifically trying to make their game look as close to canon as possible which, while awesome, makes it much easier for a casual observer to see it and say “Why the heck is Hasbro making a fighting game?”
The fact that they then took this game and put it on a major stage (EVO) without any involvement on the trademark holder put them in an untenable position.
Essentially, you have a situation where Hasbro could be blamed (not legally, but in the public eye) for a product that it has no actual control over.
They don’t like that, even if the response could have been largely positive.
They would have no guarantee of what Mane6 would do in the future or how the game would be received should their ‘target audience’ or their parents find out.

Tumblrs are a different story.
Molestia really doesn’t have much fame outside of our communities and even if someone not in the know were to stumble upon it, it is clearly different enough in style and content that no one would ever think that it was officially sanctioned.
‘Adult’ fanart has another level of ‘protection’ going for it stemming from its very content, as well.
Hasbro is certainly aware of r34 and other sexualizations, but they also know that there is no way for them to ever stop it all.
Any attempt to publicly stop some of it would invariably lead to more people checking out the now controversial content, a la The Streisand Effect.
For that reason, R34, Molestia, and the .MOV series end up being allowed to do their thing for the most part.

I’m not saying that all of this is exactly ‘fair,’ but there is a definite logic to it.

Last edited Feb 13, 2013 at 02:57PM EST
Feb 13, 2013 at 02:51PM EST
Quote

Still not buying it, not buying it at all.

Also, butthurt raging page get.

Last edited Feb 13, 2013 at 02:56PM EST
Feb 13, 2013 at 02:55PM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!