Forums / Discussion / General

232,759 total conversations in 7,783 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10166 posts from 235 users

• Tim the Enchanter called me a phaggot, and therefore his opinions hold no value said Saturday at 7pm EST works for him.
  • Crimson Locks said that the weekend would be best for her (5-8pm EDT) and potentially late morning (although I personally wouldn't want to see an older episode if a new episode is airing in the morning. Maybe that's just for Sundays though.)
  • StarGazer likes the idea, but apparently he has a life or something. I'll get one of those one day.
  • Verbose is generally free for the next few months, but Saturday evenings will be hit and miss for him. Also, college football. I'll run a Synchtube during Saturdays, but rest assured I ain't paying much attention to it (only enough to change episodes.)
  • Derpy (Daniel) Vazquez is on the West Coast, so evening for most of us is late afternoon for him. He has an odd schedule, so he may not be up by that time. (So there's no confusion or problems, I'll still start the Synchtube. Then from there, someone else can take over host duties.)
  • DeadParrot222 would prefer during the weekdays but during those evenings. He is also a hippy West Coast person.
  • whitishcollar lives on the other side of the world, so our evenings are his mornings. So weekdays in the morning (EDT) would work best for him.
  • Twilitlord prefers the weekends, but Saturdays during the PM through early January won't work well for him nor will Sunday mornings. That seems to leave Sundays in the PM.
  • distrurbedbrony will likely be too busy to do it this weekend (will weekends normally work for you?)

With that in mind, it seems like there's a lot of discrepancy as to what works for people. I think only two people at most agree on the same timeframe:

• Crimson Locks and Tim for Saturday evenings
  • Verbose and DeadParrot on weekday evenings
  • Verbose and Twilitlord on Sunday afternoons/evenings
    • I say myself a lot simply because I know my entire schedule, whereas I only know what you guys can say at the moment.

There could be two parties each week: one during Saturday or Sunday evening and one during evening during the week, but if anyone goes to both, it might end up being (dare I say it) too much Ponu for a bronei to handle. And I don't want to organize two Synchtubes per week. Someone would have to do one and I would do the other/we take turns and stuff being the "host."

As it stands, I think Saturday evening works best for now. Since Tim and Crimson Locks timeframes both include 7pm Eastern, then I'd say we go with that for this week. I'm not normally busy on Saturdays, and for most people, the weekend is the weekend even if they have one-time projects to do.

Soo…Saturday, 7pm EDT? I'll post a link a few minutes before the time, and then you can get started.

That won't work for everyone, I know. But I did try given how much our schedules differ.

Last edited Nov 16, 2012 at 04:45PM EST

@Current discussion about episodes

Over a barrel isn't bad but I've seen it way too many times. Feeling Pinkie Keen is actually one of my favorites because I'm a sucker for the ones like it's about time and MMMystery on the friendship express that focus mainly on Twilight and Pinkie. The lesson in FPK was never a big deal to me either.

@Synctube
Aw yiss. Saturday is fine for me too.

Also try not to get this cute little tune that plays faintly in the backgrounds of the season 3 commercials stuck in your heads.

Last edited Nov 16, 2012 at 05:11PM EST

@Verbose
Just to be clear, I was essentially listing the times I wasn't available (weekdays during the day).
I'm basically completely free otherwise so weekends are just fine for me.
In fact, it seems like mid-to-late Sunday might be a good option for most people, so we could potentially try that out.
If not, I'm fine with tomorrow as well so I'll be there in either case.

Oh, and I'm not a California hippie, you jerk.
I'm a hipSTER!

Get it right!

Last edited Nov 16, 2012 at 04:58PM EST

Pff
Some guy hacked the MLP game for mobile
And what he did with his winnings:

Clock towers are one of the most expensive items in-game, and are NECESSARY to beat the main quest. So after he got his rewards, he bought as many as he could and emailed this to their offices
(Click to embiggen)
(It says "Fuck you Gameloft" for those who can't read)

Also:
Rarity (90 gems)
(Fancy pants and restaurant skippable?)
Quills & Sofas (100 gems)
Large Clock Tower (340 gems)
(Fleetfoot/Soarin can be bought with bits by going offline/online)
Rainbow Dash (500 gems)
Town Hall (600 gems)
Shining Armor (650 gems)
Cadance (650 gems)

For a total of 2960 gems

Plus 15 for the restaurant, 15 for Sweetie Belle, 8 for the Wonderbolts statue and two sets of 4 for two Spike missions
Plus 10 for ice sculpture, plus 10 for guard statue
Plus 15 for Fancypants and 15 for Restaurant
96 skippable

3056 total
~5093 days
~13.95 years

That's the requirements to beat it without paying anything
You'd have to play the game constantly for 14 years to actually beat it without paying real-life dolla billz
Or you could just hack it and get it over with

Last edited Nov 16, 2012 at 05:17PM EST

@Deadparrot

I guess I read that wrong, then. Sorry.

That would actually work better for me to over time. I'm rarely committed to anything on Sunday (this Sunday will likely be an exception, but I may be able to make it work.) And I don't know why I thought Crimson Locks said Saturday when I she said weekends.

So, um, how about Sunday 7pm EDT (Eastern) instead?

@Pyro

Bronies: Biting the hand that feeds them.

Look, Gameloft is trying to make money. That's their job. This isn't like most games where developers have already gotten their money from retailers. It's a free app, so they have to get their money in-game.

Gameloft made a game that's pretty popular of FiM, and then this guy feels the need to go and insult them because they're trying to make money (again, they didn't make it when you downloaded the game, because it was free.)

This is not a great incentive for them to go and make better games for FiM fans in the future. They probably wouldn't even bother.

Why do people think that doing things like this will help? And why does being rude make them feel better? Why can't people (bronies or not) just be nice when confronted with something they don't like? :/

Yes, I can see that.

Well, I assumed that you have discussed the episode before, but there are several reasons why I think that feeling pinkie keen is the weakest episode.

Twilight wants to prove Pinkie wrong, because she doesn't understand the pinkie sense. This is just so unscientific… when you observe a phenomenon and you can't understand it, you will try to understand it, that means form a hypotesis and find evidence. Okay Twilight does that, but dismisses all the unfitting observations. She starts to do research under laboratory conditions, but the test fails and she just quits. Instead of trying to improve the test, find flaws and doing it again, she just rage quits.
I mean she could have told spike to throw something at pinkie, while she is hooked to the computer or do something else that would provoke the pinkie sense.

And what does the moral of the story say? There are things you can't figure out, so you have to believe them? Basically stop being critical and just swallow it. That's the opposite of enlightenment…

Next thing is the zaniness of this episode. Usually mlp's humour doesn't rely so much on cheap slapstick and anvil dropping. You have some instances everywhere, but in this episode twilight really takes a beating and suffers in every scene. I don't have nothing against this humour occasionally, but it just feels different, as it is so prominent and therefore tiring.

I wrote this on my phone, so be a bit gentle with typos and such;)

@Bruno
Because people are stupid enough to expect to pay nothing for a game of this quality
Personally, I'll probably play both legitimately and hacked just for the sheer hell of it, maybe toss in a few bucks just to give GL a hand
I have no issue with him writing that in clock towers, but the emailing it part is a dick move
Apparently paying your way through the game is actually 260$
You could buy a full console for that
I don't agree that it should be completely free, but I'd like to see reasonable prices
But that's just me

@Whitish

You know, I'm pretty sure there are more scientists who behave that way than you might think.

@Game

I can understand the hacker's sentiment, though I wouldn't have actually sent that to Gameloft either. By the way, Verbose, if they're making a lot of money off the game, do you really think they're going to care about someone's angry email? Not a chance.

I've tried to get more free gems by downloading their sponsored free apps and deleting them, but that's pretty slow as well. The game is not worth $300, or even $50 by my assessment. It's just a very, very small town building game with three mini games and some nice music. If I were to give it a price tag, I'd say maybe $10-$20 at most.

As for the synctube, Saturday evenings probably are the best for me too. I don't work on that day for the foreseeable future.

Last edited Nov 16, 2012 at 06:00PM EST

@Gameloft game
Yeah, that clock tower guy is an ass.
These developers come along and release an officially licensed, quality, free game, and he has the nerve to whine about it.
Yes, I do think I saw that calculation that said it would cost $260 to buy everything, but obviously no one is going to do that.
You are meant to play for free to get some stuff, then only pay for what you really want later on.
90% of people who play will never drop a dime on it so they have to rely on the small percentage of those who are willing to pay to make all of their money.
I'm sure that some of the prices could use some balancing and adjustment, but the model is not unusual or exploitative in any way.
Complaining about it (and in such a pathetically juvenile way) is just a way to make ourself look stupid and ungrateful.

I haven't yet gotten to play, but I should be able to soon.
For me, this is worth the price of admission alone:

Here's a conversation I recorded as part of voice acting for a brickfilm (Lego animation).
I recorded it before Season 3 started, on the first of this month to be exact, which is why they talk as if Season 3 hadn't started yet. That part references how some bronies, in this thread and elsewhere, wanted to avoid "spoilers".
It parodies some of the "best pony" conversations that happen in this thread at times.

I'm really looking forward to the next episode! I think it's going to be great!
To me, it's looking more like the Gravity Falls episode Double Dipper by the minute.

Last edited Nov 16, 2012 at 08:42PM EST

Oh crap, there's a new episode tomorrow, isn't there?

Crap I'm going to be out of town. I don't think they have wifi where I'm going, so Imma have to watch it late Sunday or something…

Be stay on the West Coast, so I should be on-and-off available on the weekends. Weekdays I'm not available until six or so, but since that's nine for most of y'all it ain't gonna work. Weekends are pretty much it for me, but no amount of planning ahead will guarantee I'll have any space because my life is full of wat, so whatever time will work. 7 Eastern it is.

Last edited Nov 16, 2012 at 10:12PM EST

At the observation of DeadParrot, I think Sunday at 7pm Eastern will be the new time.

I guess I read that wrong, then. Sorry.

That would actually work better for me to over time. I’m rarely committed to anything on Sunday (this Sunday will likely be an exception, but I may be able to make it work.) And I don’t know why I thought Crimson Locks said Saturday when I she said weekends.

So, um, how about Sunday 7pm EDT (Eastern) instead?

So not tomorrow (Saturday.)

Sunday at 7pm EDT now.

DeadParrot observed that there should be less conflicts with Sunday than Saturday.

Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle saying goodnight from now on?

@Verbose
So be it then, Sunday it shall be. I honestly did not care what time we picked, I just wanted a time that would be sufficient for everyone or at least a majority. In addition, if you thought the season premiere sucked, this will most likely change your opinion about this season.

I'm just notified by my ISP that I'm not gonna get my internet back till Tuesday.

THAT'S LIKE FUCKING 3 EPISODES OF PONU THAT I WILL MISS! GODDAMN! I'VE NEVER MISSED THIS MUCH PONY?! WILL I HAVE TO GO OUTSIDE AND SHIT?

At the very least, the connection I'm going to get is much better than my old one so I can finally join you guys on all this livestreaming!

@Crimson

I know right? As much as I love this fandom for it's creative content, sometimes I also just love the shocked and horrified reactions we automatically cause. Including reactions such as that photoplasty. I find it freaking hilarious because we don't even have to try to troll people, it just comes naturally

Also Cracked commenters are funnier than most

Like this guy who got trolled:

Bronies? Just when you think you have heard and seen all the weird s**t in the world, now this comes along? I am hoping the 2012 prophecy comes true next month. It will give the planet the reboot it needs to deal with the mistakes of humanity. Bronies are a good example

And the response he got from this guy:

I hope it doesn't. Apple Family Reunion is set to air that day, I don't want to miss a second of Applejack action because I'm dodging some volcano meteor thing.

But hey I have good news, you don't have to deal with us. With a bottle of extra strength tylenol and a vodka chaser and you can reboot by yourself and not have to worry about ponies ever again.

Hurray!

Hey wait up guys, I'm about to blow your minds.
Luna=Moon, right?
And the moon is made of cheese!
What else is made of cheese? Chrysalis's legs!
Chrysalis sounds almost like Crystal-is!
And crystals are made by King Sombra!
Therefore, Luna is King Sombra!

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

Hey wait up guys, I'm about to blow your minds.
Luna=Moon, right?
And the moon is made of cheese!
What else is made of cheese? Chrysalis's legs!
Chrysalis sounds almost like Crystal-is!
And crystals are made by King Sombra!
Therefore, Luna is King Sombra!

Wow. I haven't heard a loose word association stranger than that since… myself. For example…

"Bears are an animal. Animal is a six letter word. Six is a number. Two is also a number. People usually have two eyes. The Joker is a person. Therefore bears are the Joker."

Also, I want to take this opportunity to whore out my collab YouTube channel in a relevant manner:

You will get to hear more examples of my loose word associations. They usually involve Batman.

All mentions of Gak are censored.

Last edited Nov 17, 2012 at 03:56AM EST

Yeah, I watched it early…
Don't worry, I'm not going to talk about it or anything.
I will say that Verbose's wish from the previous page came true because this episode was written by Dave Polsky (the writer of Feeling Pinkie Keen) though.
Clearly he is a fan of the pink.

Anyway, I'll let everyone else watch it first, but I'm guessing we will be able to get some good theorizing going afterward.
(And so many Pinkie faces! /)^3^(\ )

@Dan's pic

Last edited Nov 17, 2012 at 09:44AM EST
I will say that Verbose’s wish from the previous page came true because this episode was written by Dave Polsky (the writer of Feeling Pinkie Keen) though.

> this episode was written by Dave Polsky (the writer of Feeling Pinkie Keen)
>Dave Polsky (the writer of Feeling Pinkie Keen)

>Dave Polsky
>(the writer of Feeling Pinkie Kbjfobfslogbdoglohsdfbfjiabsfbusifnbssfhuifhssssssss

In this freakout, I will be playing Rairty, and everyone else will be playing Rainbow Dash.

Last edited Nov 17, 2012 at 10:19AM EST

To say that "my jimmies are rustled" would be an understatement of the highest order. This is precisely what I expected from Dave Polsky.

And yes, there will be some interesting theorizing after this episode.

The episode just finished airing… So… Spoiler tags? Anyways! Discussion!

So, I want to bring up the point, am I the only one who wishes they kept ONE (exactly one) clone? Instead of blowing them all up like they did?
I know that that would be an incredibly stupid idea, but I think it would be fun for something…
Alternately, have the mirror pool gather up the energy of all the short lived Clones, and they gather together into one new being… Say… Surprise maybe?

today was your standard clone episode, but do you think they got alright….well, yes.

sure there was some repeated animation from previous episodes, but…thats kinda of ok, its pretty common when making clone episodes

i give 9/10

1) was really funny

2) tons of cameos

3) fancy pants in ponyville….fanfics will be made

4) pinkie beings pinkie, but showing something more of her sad part.

dislikes

1) no faulty clones

FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN!

Holy shit, that episode was awesome. And I can't believe we finally got another Polsky one!

Last edited Nov 17, 2012 at 11:56AM EST

El gavilán luchador wrote:

today was your standard clone episode, but do you think they got alright….well, yes.

sure there was some repeated animation from previous episodes, but…thats kinda of ok, its pretty common when making clone episodes

i give 9/10

1) was really funny

2) tons of cameos

3) fancy pants in ponyville….fanfics will be made

4) pinkie beings pinkie, but showing something more of her sad part.

dislikes

1) no faulty clones

They kinda were faulty.

They were one dimensional imitations. With a single focus in mind.

… Well… Okay, maybe there was one there was hope for… She really tried to focus on being like the original… but failed.

So…anyone else noticing how Twilight's magic is getting a little bit more…hardcore? I mean, we used to have mustache growing spells and cow milking spells, now we have…

Gene splicing to create unnatural horrors

Banishment of summoned demons back to their netherworld

And, you know, just straight up dark magic.

Huh.

I agree that the clones were on a more G3 personality than normal Pinkie. I kind of see the clones as what would Pinkie be like with a more flat/ G3 personality. The clones are mostly annoying, destructive and a completely single tract mind without too many redemptive character traits Actually, it was kinda interesting having the dialogue between Pinkie and her first clone, as Pinkie trying to teach her clone seemed to give that particular clone slightly more personality than "LETS HAVE FUN!" and part of me kind of wanted to see how that would develop, though I am still perfectly happy with the episode.
Overall visually fun, and it is always interesting for us to see (the real) Pinkie Pie show more than just her fun side. I did feel that there was some repeated animation (and not just in all the pinkie clones)that kinda bothered me but not significantly.

So is anyone going to comment on the fact that twilight made the pinkies watch paint dry to see who was the real one, and there's a pinkie fanfic called watch paint dry wich has to do with pinkie pie having a identity crisis? Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

So…

In…ter…es…ting…

I liked it quite a bit. It was certainly better than last week. The story was good, and it was definitely something I could see Pinkie doing. It's weird, Pinkie isn't my favorite pony, but I find myself really enjoying the Pinkie-centric episodes.

@Jacob: I kind of saw the Pinkie clones as damaged copies, like a file that you've copied one time too many. They became a less sharp, less refined version of the Pinkie we know, especially when it came to personality.

In the same vein, @Bruno: I kind of wondered the same thing. What if that Pinkie is a heavily damaged copy, a mutation, if you will; it's a Pinkie with a much higher tendency to feel unhappy. Note how she didn't go Pinkamena, she stayed Pinkie even though she certainly seemed as sad as she was in Party of One.

Finally, that pool is obviously a portal to the Demon World – Pinkies with fingers and G2 faces? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I wish this episode didn't come so recently after the clone episode in Gravity Falls, because I feel GF handled it in a smarter way than most story writers. That's not to say I didn't like this episode though, I thought it had its own quirks. The episode was full of just hilarious screen shots and background moments (which I'm sure will make a lot of bronies happy) and the return of G3 Pinkie face * shudder *. I think the purpose of this episode was to show how complex of a character Pinkie actually is, as opposed to her clones that only had fun on the brain and I say this episode was very successful. It was also good to put in the message of "you can't be everywhere at once" for the kiddies. I also foresee many fanfics incoming. Overall, I'll give this episode a 7/10

Ingway wrote:

So is anyone going to comment on the fact that twilight made the pinkies watch paint dry to see who was the real one, and there's a pinkie fanfic called watch paint dry wich has to do with pinkie pie having a identity crisis? Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

I prefer the possibility that cosmological improbability does tend to strike often enough…

… and that it has a sense of humor.

-At least, when comparing to some of the other possibilities… which range from illegal (stole the idea), to boring ("paint dry" is a common phrase, and clones come with identity crises), to third thing.

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

Poppin' in to ask a question:

Who got vibes of the Dark Side Cave from Empire Strikes Back in Crystal Empire arc?

Simply looking at that image of twilight, I'm getting a thought.

What if that door was what turned Sombra evil? That pic and Sombra have the same eyes after all.

What if Sombra's worst nightmare has something to do with why he needs an empire full of crystals? What if that nightmare was something he perceived as being way too close to coming true, and only realized that it was his worst fear when he looked in the door?

Congratulations me, I just used the "door is best villain" meme completely without irony, and completely seriously. And possibly found some character fodder for the Fan Fic writers on what to do with Sombra.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!