+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10166 posts from 235 users

Fifths wrote:

B.B.B.F.s

“What kinda freaky club did I join?!”
(Scoot’s excessive exuberance in that scene really makes it hilarious. She’s just SO HAPPY!)

GUESS WHAT, EVERYONE!
WE’VE GOT PREVIEW PAGES FOR THE SECOND ISSUE OF THE COMIC BOOK!

Bigger Version

Geez, this is turning into some kind of full-on Lord of the Rings quest!
These comics look to be really expanding the world that we know!
Very cool!

Bigger Version

Oh, sweet freaking Jesus!
So much awesome stuff in such a small space!
Apparently, the Diamond Dogs are Equestria’s Dwarves, mines and all (plus the completion of the David Bowie reference is great!)
Pinkie playing with a skull is so disturbingly in-character! (The skull’s hair makes me think it is a reference to something, but I don’t know what. Any ideas, anyone?)
Dash’s face, right under “RUMBLE”… That is hilarious!
BRONY CAVE TROLL! (Apparently, Fluttershy turns into a brushable toy when scared. Good to know…)
OPTIMUS!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oh my god, I love these things!
Anyone who hasn’t bought these comics is really missing out.
They’re like $4 a piece.
No reason to not pick them up!
First issue is out now, next ones should be releasing monthly.
Go support them!

Last edited Dec 07, 2012 at 03:05PM EST
Dec 07, 2012 at 03:01PM EST

hey guys, i’m working on something and i had a question:
if Shining Armor was an alicorn (hypothetically let’s say we took a trip to an Alternate Universe where he is an alicorn), what would his name be? i like the name Eos for Twilight (Greek Goddess of Dawn), so what would be her brother’s name?

doing a little research, i came across a couple ones that would fit well. Helios would make sense from a geneology perspective (brother of the Goddess Eos). another (which i’m rather leaning towards at this point) would be the name of Helios’ horse, Aethon. according to Wikipedia, Aethon’s name actually means ‘Shining’, so it’d be a really good fit. idk, just wanted to see what you guys think and hear any other examples i haven’t thought of.

also, hello! haven’t posted here in a looooooong time.

Last edited Dec 07, 2012 at 04:21PM EST
Dec 07, 2012 at 04:20PM EST

Are we still talking about shipping?
Favorite ship of mine has been Flutterdash since I read this fanfic.

Dec 07, 2012 at 04:51PM EST

AugustDay wrote:

hey guys, i’m working on something and i had a question:
if Shining Armor was an alicorn (hypothetically let’s say we took a trip to an Alternate Universe where he is an alicorn), what would his name be? i like the name Eos for Twilight (Greek Goddess of Dawn), so what would be her brother’s name?

doing a little research, i came across a couple ones that would fit well. Helios would make sense from a geneology perspective (brother of the Goddess Eos). another (which i’m rather leaning towards at this point) would be the name of Helios’ horse, Aethon. according to Wikipedia, Aethon’s name actually means ‘Shining’, so it’d be a really good fit. idk, just wanted to see what you guys think and hear any other examples i haven’t thought of.

also, hello! haven’t posted here in a looooooong time.

I’d say “Prince Mia Lucente Corazza”, meaning “My shiny armor” in Italian. I think it matches well with the name “Princess Mi Amore Cadenza”.

Dec 07, 2012 at 05:12PM EST

DeadParrot222 wrote:

“What kinda freaky club did I join?!”
(Scoot’s excessive exuberance in that scene really makes it hilarious. She’s just SO HAPPY!)

GUESS WHAT, EVERYONE!
WE’VE GOT PREVIEW PAGES FOR THE SECOND ISSUE OF THE COMIC BOOK!

Bigger Version

Geez, this is turning into some kind of full-on Lord of the Rings quest!
These comics look to be really expanding the world that we know!
Very cool!

Bigger Version

Oh, sweet freaking Jesus!
So much awesome stuff in such a small space!
Apparently, the Diamond Dogs are Equestria’s Dwarves, mines and all (plus the completion of the David Bowie reference is great!)
Pinkie playing with a skull is so disturbingly in-character! (The skull’s hair makes me think it is a reference to something, but I don’t know what. Any ideas, anyone?)
Dash’s face, right under “RUMBLE”… That is hilarious!
BRONY CAVE TROLL! (Apparently, Fluttershy turns into a brushable toy when scared. Good to know…)
OPTIMUS!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oh my god, I love these things!
Anyone who hasn’t bought these comics is really missing out.
They’re like $4 a piece.
No reason to not pick them up!
First issue is out now, next ones should be releasing monthly.
Go support them!

Yo yo yo.

That’s some dope ass art.

Dat muthafucka be cray.

BOLD.

That moment when you realize you’re an idiot.

Last edited Dec 07, 2012 at 08:55PM EST
Dec 07, 2012 at 08:53PM EST

“We work on an on-call basis. Which has pretty much been all the time, lately. Food is provided--it’s excellent, by the way, you have no idea--as well as mandatory break periods, enforced by the same agency that makes sure Cloudsdale Weather doesn’t murder baby ponies who can’t fly. A.K.A, no one. So, get used to being tired. Thank Luna we have coffee now, though, you’re immediately the best worker here.”

Did someone say – finally – the official sequel to Rainbow Factory?

Oh, whaddup Pegasus Device.

Normally I’m not one for bloody and grim darkness, but I’ll make an exception. Pretty feesly, especially their explanation of “that yellow filly” and “the gray one with the crossed eyes and a dangerous obsession with bubbles.” It’s well-written like Rainbow Factory, though a bajillion times wittier and it mercifully doesn’t rely almost wholly on the shock at the end of “Ermahgerd, Rainbow Dash is killin teh poniez.”

Shipping discussion is finished. Grimdark discussion, go!

Last edited Dec 08, 2012 at 12:31AM EST
Dec 08, 2012 at 12:18AM EST

To address the shipping discussion first:

For me, shipping just sort of lies there. I don’t have a strong opinion on it either way. Sure, sometimes I get my laughs out of a fanfic or fan video, sometimes if it’s intended to evoke more serious feelings, I experience that; and sometimes I can be just plain disturbed by what some fans come up with.

I think that this applies to EVERY fandom, but to the MLP fandom more so than most, because this fandom has one of the largest communities that include shipping as a primary interest in their fandom-related activities. This is not a bad thing, because I’ve seen some great artwork and read some great stories. But I can’t even take OTPs and shipping seriously enough to provide much in the way of discussion towards these topics, so consider my opinions null and void if you must (which I don’t recommend doing).

Now then, without further ado, how’s everypony doing in this thread? I’m that new brony who joined only two weeks ago that’s just sort of been sitting there, watching this thread pass me by. I prefer to call it “lurking,” but I guess that in truth, it was just me being too lazy or nervous to finally post in this thread. But here I am now, out of my lurking phase that was a bit more prolonged than it should have been.

So, because I’m late, I feel obliged to share with you guys my opinions on the episodes that have aired so far. Feel free to skip my post if you’re not interested (I’m derailing this conversation SO MUCH right now it isn’t even funny), because I know that there’s likely been discussion about these things already and this thread has packed up and moved on. Well, I was late to the party and want to do this, so I will.

The Crystal Empire, Part 1--Not bad, but not very good either in my opinion. On the bright side, all those leaked Sombra pictures finally made sense after watching this episode. And we got a bit of new canon to play with, which is always a plus. But I felt that it just didn’t have much of a kick to it, I suppose. I don’t know, but something about it seemed a little off and a tad boring.

The Crystal Empire, Part 2--I think this one was a lot better. Sombra was certainly very different from the previous two season-opener villains in MLP (Discord and Nightmare Moon). His motive appears to be a lot darker. Oh, and Cadance is awesome, but what else is new? I thought this episode was much funnier than the season opener to add on to that. Whatever it was that the first episode lacked, this one delivered on. Whatever that “whatever” may be.

Too Many Pinkie Pies--More Pinkie is never a bad thing. This episode reminded me so much of “Party of One” that I still sort of get chills thinking about it, except that the complexion and plotline are different. But the dynamic is still there, and that’s what makes them so strikingly similar. Overall, a good episode.

One Bad Apple--More CMC, something I was looking forward to a great amount. This is also the return of Diamond Tiara, a character I love to hate and hate to love. I thought that this episode had a nice message and successfully helped toward quenching my thirst for CMC episodes. (Yeah, right.)

Magic Duel-Not what I expected at all, but HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF GOD TRIXIE’S BACK WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT…that was sort of my reaction when first watching the episode. I didn’t know Trixie was that kind of a character, though…as in, the kind that would force the other ponies to work for her.

Saddle Arabia. Really. Saddle Arabia. That knocked a couple of points off of this episode’s rating, but still really good.

Alright, now that I’ve gotten that out of my system (for now), I’ll be here to join in the discussion on the upcoming episodes while the discussion is actually going on. Sorry for throwing a sudden wrench in the conversation, but let it be known that I have arrived!

Expect me!

Dec 08, 2012 at 01:25AM EST

Windigo the plot device wrote:
bq. I’d say “Prince Mia Lucente Corazza”, meaning “My shiny armor” in Italian. I think it matches well with the name “Princess Mi Amore Cadenza”.

hmmm, i suppose that sounds pretty good. but it doesn’t really fit with the theme i’m trying to achieve.
to explain a little more thoroughly, i’m writing a fanfic in which Twilight wakes up in an alternate universe in which she is the Princess of Equestria, and her faithful student is a pink-maned pegasus named Sunny Skies. basically, the positions of Celestia and Luna in this universe are filled by Twilight and Shining Armor, and vise versa.

thus, we have Princess Eos, Goddess of Dawn and Magic, and Prince [insert name here], God of Sovereignty and Strength, etc. (i haven’t fleshed out his specific representations yet. the story focuses on Twilight so it’s not super urgent).

the Italian name would work perfectly if Shining Armor became an alicorn to rule beside Cadence in the show, but in the universe i’m writing, i think his name needs to be something else.
thanks for the reply though! i really do love that name.

Last edited Dec 08, 2012 at 02:12AM EST
Dec 08, 2012 at 02:10AM EST

@Kris:
As some of us may have pointed out, nobody has any right to complain about ‘Saddle Arabia’ when the main setting for the series is called ‘Ponyville’. Seriously, Ponyville, I thought we where pretty much jaded to silly puns at this point.

In other news, got a biiiiiiiiig animation coming up this weekend for mah tumblr. Consider it an exercise in facial animation. (Spoiler alert: it’s going to be awesome.)

Dec 08, 2012 at 02:34AM EST

@Kris
Ah, welcome to the madness then, brother.

Sounds like you’ll fit right in!
(Don’t feel bad about lurking either. I first found ponies back in May 2011 and it took me until October 2011 to finally make an account and start posting. I was no where near ready after two weeks!)

We have discussed the newest episodes a good deal, but I like your views on them too.
They seem to largely match up with my own: Sombra was a good if different villain for the series, Pinkie is as crazy as ever, CMC episodes are always great for some cute fun (Scootaloo rules!), and Trixie’s return was amazing if not exactly what I was expecting.

Anyway, welcome aboard!

And, for no reason, here’s Faust with a monkey:

@August
I know you are looking for new ideas, but I’ll just say that I like Helios just fine.
If Twilight is Eos, it gives it a nice symmetry without being overly complicated.
I’d say you should just go with that.

Dec 08, 2012 at 02:35AM EST

Gigatoast wrote:

@Kris:
As some of us may have pointed out, nobody has any right to complain about ‘Saddle Arabia’ when the main setting for the series is called ‘Ponyville’. Seriously, Ponyville, I thought we where pretty much jaded to silly puns at this point.

In other news, got a biiiiiiiiig animation coming up this weekend for mah tumblr. Consider it an exercise in facial animation. (Spoiler alert: it’s going to be awesome.)

Do I still need to point out that Ponyville isn’t even a pun? It’s a town that ponies live in. Self-descriptive, sure, but not a pun.

Besides, if we’re already jaded to puns (and that’s more from names like Canterlot, Manehattan, Appleoosa and Fillydelphia), then thinking that Saddle Arabia is bad means it’s a pretty damn bad pun.

Dec 08, 2012 at 02:55AM EST

…I wonder…

Hang on…Almost forgot I’d need spoilers for that… Unaired episode and all…

Will RD’s Spooky Story be a shout out to Rainbow Factory?

Oh well…6 hours to go till new episode!

(More or less. My clock says ~8:15PM, so I’m guessing it’s ~4:15AM over there.)

Dec 08, 2012 at 04:17AM EST

Kris wrote:

Now then, without further ado, how’s everypony doing in this thread? I’m that new brony who joined only two weeks ago that’s just sort of been sitting there,

Oh welcome to the thread, buddy!

Kris wrote:

Saddle Arabia. Really. Saddle Arabia. That knocked a couple of points off of this episode’s rating, but still really good.

Oh…..

Millennial Dan wrote:

Which proves nothing except that she is easily startled. Anyone can be made to jump, even Rainbow Dash. Big difference between that and being cripplingly afraid of everything, even when your friends are depending on you.

Problem with that is that she’s already fighting her own shadow when Rainbow Dash mentions it. She even says “afraid of her own shadow” rather than startled.

In the very same episode, she’s shown to have a fear of heights despite being…able to fly.

And before you say “she was just afraid of her wings locking up because of the dragon”. Spike says this during Party of One:

Pinkie Pie: No, no, no. Talk about our friends.
Spike: Oh, okay. Let’s see, there’s Twilight Sparkle she’s a unicorn. Good with magic, a real brainiac. And then you got Rarity! Total knockout. Twilight seems to think I don’t have a chance with her, but, meh… what does she know? Let’s see, there’s Fluttershy a pegasus afraid of heights, huh, what’s up with that?

Jackal Lantern wrote:

I’m not talking about the drama, I’m talking about her obsession with dresses. Every other line was something about fashion. Yeah, she’s a dressmaker, I get that. But her lines about fashion in this particular episode felt really forced, imo.

Solaire wrote:

Rarity was better to some degree, but still a bit shallow. Granted, she didn’t have many lines, but going into depression from wearing a weird dress?

Rarity has 9 lines in the episode. Two were about dresses: Her being in the weird brown dress and making Fluttershy’s “Dangerous Mission Outfit”

As for going into depression due to a weird dress….

It was the last Trixie episode too….

And let’s not forget her reaction to losing a purple ribbon:

I don’t know where people are finding all this “shallowness” from. It’s a little kids show, stereotyping and simply characters are to be expected.

Dec 08, 2012 at 06:16AM EST

Fifths wrote:

Guys…

I think Deadparrot has a problem.

Hey, don’t make fun!
It’s a serious medical issue called Scootitis!
It’s pretty benign most of the time, but there are occasions where I simply spontaneously burst into large piles of Scootaloos.
It’s actually more common than you may think!

Last edited Dec 08, 2012 at 10:23AM EST
Dec 08, 2012 at 10:22AM EST

Oh good gravy, it was like a thousand fanfics rolled into one! And I must say I thought it was pretty decent, though the Rarity fans aren’t too happy right now.

@Jacob below

I’m pretty sure that was another dream, since it had both Luna and that elder mare, or whatever they called her. I don’t think Luna controls dreams though, she just invades them. She did say that it was up to Scootaloo to end the nightmares after all.

Last edited Dec 08, 2012 at 11:28AM EST
Dec 08, 2012 at 11:07AM EST

Luna = a non-evil Freddie Krueger

Dec 08, 2012 at 11:08AM EST

I did find Luna’s appearance rather odd. Not bad, but kind of unexpected. Liked the episode. Quick question though: was the end bit with the Olden pony and the rusty horse shoe real, or was that just Luna controlling Scootaloo’s dream?

Last edited Dec 08, 2012 at 11:31AM EST
Dec 08, 2012 at 11:14AM EST

DeadParrot222 wrote:

Hey, don’t make fun!
It’s a serious medical issue called Scootitis!
It’s pretty benign most of the time, but there are occasions where I simply spontaneously burst into large piles of Scootaloos.
It’s actually more common than you may think!

>Posts picture of Scootaloo and Luna before new episode
>New episode features Scootaloo and Luna.

Alright, fuck this. It’s one thing to post freakishly appropriate pics, it’s another thing to post freakishly appropriate pics before we even realize they’re freakishly appropriate.

Dec 08, 2012 at 11:38AM EST

Jacob wrote:

I did find Luna’s appearance rather odd. Not bad, but kind of unexpected. Liked the episode. Quick question though: was the end bit with the Olden pony and the rusty horse shoe real, or was that just Luna controlling Scootaloo’s dream?

Luna was in her head the whole time!

I got the impression that Luna just wanders into pony’s dreams as a kind of spirit guide to help them through their issues.
Notice that it was Dash who got rid of the Elderpony at the end, and since it was in Scoot’s dream, it was basically Scootaloo using Dash as her guardian against bad dreams.

Oh and yes…
ahem

SCOOTALOO RULES!

Dec 08, 2012 at 11:46AM EST

When Scoots was humming to herself after having not slept that first night, I must say I felt pretty bad for her.

Did it feel weird to anyone else to have the mane 6 members acknowledging her presence so much? It felt almost strange to hear her name spoken so many times by non-CMC ponies. I guess that just goes to show how it’s been for her until now.

Speaking of Scootaloo treatment, I will now breathe a huge sigh of relief that they didn’t mess up my Scootaloo headcanon.

SIGH

Hey DeadParrot, you should totally do the episode review this week. And I totally call the Fluttershy one, whenever it happens.

Still no Derpy…

Last edited Dec 08, 2012 at 11:54AM EST
Dec 08, 2012 at 11:52AM EST

Luna Turns out to be a Princess that watches over dreams…

I once made a comment (on my own stuff… Some musings) that compared Luna to another goddess that also watches over dreams.

I’m just going to say… I totally wasn’t surprised. In fact I feel as if I practically called it…

…Although not overtly…

In any-case, I now have a boat-load more reasons for my comic to have the Dream-World be something of a major thing. More than it is now anyways.

Dec 08, 2012 at 12:16PM EST

Thanks for the warm welcomes, first of all. Contrary to what I first believed, I think I’m going to like it here.

Secondly, Ponyville isn’t a pun. Like Twilitlord said, it’s just a descriptive word. And I am sort of used to the silly puns used as names for areas of residence in the show, but Saddle Arabia is an especially silly and stupid pun. I was stuck in vacillation about whether I should laugh or facepalm when I first watched the episode.

Thirdly, I manage somehow to avoid spoilering myself over new episodes most of the time. I cracked several times throughout the course of Season 2 and would ruin episodes for myself, but this year I’m proud to say that I hold a clean record.

I can see how some would think that Rarity has gotten (or has always been) pretty shallow and overdramatic. I agree to some extent, but I think that’s one of the things about her character that I like.

I may be a Sun worshipper, but Luna and Scoots are both also awesome.

We’re rationing off episode reviews? I want one!

Dec 08, 2012 at 01:06PM EST

I liked this feel.
At first I was worried that scoots was really going to be portrayed alone.
But the person she looked up to the most considered her and they became like sisters.
Still yet have to wonder about her having a family and all, but at least she has someone.
Maybe I took it personally, since I don’t have any brothers or sisters, but scenes like this and the twi and spike bonding certainly moved me.

Last edited Dec 08, 2012 at 01:45PM EST
Dec 08, 2012 at 01:41PM EST

First of all, finally getting a Scootaloo episode after all this time definitely calls for a VICTORY SCREEEEECH!

Loved it. Also what’s interesting is a lot of people on other sites thought this was gonna be a luna episode based on the title until the synopsis was released But it turned out to be a scootaloo AND luna one! And damn, all the ponies were great in it. And cute. So fucking cute.

10/10 would watch again and again and again.

Last edited Dec 08, 2012 at 02:17PM EST
Dec 08, 2012 at 02:16PM EST

Okay, Thoughts time:
10/10: Finally a Scootaloo Episode, with Raibow Dash! And the appearance of Luna just made it better!
And one does not simply don’t love Scoots.

Definitely this episode go in the Top 10.

Last edited Dec 08, 2012 at 02:42PM EST
Dec 08, 2012 at 02:41PM EST

YAY! BEST PONY WAS IN THE NEW EPISODE!

Hey, wait a minute…

Tabitha St. Germain voiced “Pony # 1” and Princess Luna, which means the creators have declared LUNA AS NUMBER ONE PONY!!!

Dec 08, 2012 at 02:52PM EST

Wow, this episode is already inspiring some really cool artwork.

Good stuff.

And we’ve got some neat gif action going on too.

Last edited Dec 08, 2012 at 03:19PM EST
Dec 08, 2012 at 03:18PM EST

SURPRISE LUNA, BITCHES

But seriously, I really liked this episode. Everypony still seems to have an awful time reading body language, but the story was great and Rainbow Dash is mentoring Scoots OMGWTFOJLWKNIOWEJFEWIOJFPWEIUOIFJEWKFLHUIEWHFPOJ

I have a lot more love for Scoots now, too. I always felt like her character was a bit weak; her main positive trait was her love of extreme stuff and otherwise, she was just clueless about most stuff. Giving her a weakness and confronting it really helped her character a lot.

Now I’m just waiting for Deadparrot to have predicted what’s up with Scootaloo’s wings months ago…

Dec 08, 2012 at 03:24PM EST

I said this earlier, but it bears repeating: Luna and Scootaloo in the same episode equals PURE WIN.

I thought the episode was really great. I mean, don’t get me wrong: I’m not the biggest Rainbow Dash fan on the block, but I think Scoots and Dash are a nice pair. (Shipping not intended.)

Millennial Dan’s GIFs and pictures made my heart melt. Thanks a lot, dude.

Twilitlord the Christmas Pony wrote:

I have a lot more love for Scoots now, too. I always felt like her character was a bit weak; her main positive trait was her love of extreme stuff and otherwise, she was just clueless about most stuff. Giving her a weakness and confronting it really helped her character a lot.

Huh. I always did like her, but I didn’t feel like there was very much to her character, so I suppose I agree with you.

>MFW the new episode

That should sum my feelings up sufficiently.

Dec 08, 2012 at 03:50PM EST

That episode. It gave me so many feels. So. Many. Feels.

Luna confirmed for ability to enter dreams. There is no possible way this could be put into any fan fictions ever.

Dec 08, 2012 at 04:13PM EST

where did I put that rusty horseshoe?
somethings never change. Scootaloo is still chicken

Dec 08, 2012 at 05:20PM EST

Rarity and Sweetie Belle, as per usual, were the best. I’m sort of wondering why Sweetie seemed to be singing badly, though, even if it was hilarious. Luna was pretty good, too, and it’s been tossed around countless times that she has the dream stuff going on.

The one part I thought was weird about the episode is that Dash acted… nurturing. Nurturing Rainbow Dash is an oxymoron worse than organized crime. I guess it fit, but it still seemed out of place, in my opinion, but then again, I’m not the biggest Dash or Scootaloo fan. I imagine Deadparrot has spent the entire time since the episode cleaning the massive amount of semen that has coated his house.

Overall, I have to say 2/10, needs to be a Princess Celestia episode or GTFO.

Dec 08, 2012 at 05:32PM EST

aerolyt wrote:

That episode. It gave me so many feels. So. Many. Feels.

Luna confirmed for ability to enter dreams. There is no possible way this could be put into any fan fictions ever.

She enters my dreams and damn the things she can do with her……… AHEM…OH NEVERMIND

Dec 08, 2012 at 05:37PM EST

The Kansas City Star had a good article about us, how we were breaking down gender barriers, the usual… Pretty good, positive article overall. I’m glad I remembered to pick the Star up today.

Dec 08, 2012 at 07:26PM EST

Fifths wrote:

I’m in your dreams…and the moon.

Is… is that Fred from “Courage the Cowardly Dog?”

Dec 08, 2012 at 08:01PM EST

Just once, I would like to have a Saturday free of morning obligations. But oh wait, I’m busy literally every single Saturday morning for the rest of the season.

Anyways, episode.

So I do have some criticisms. I’m writing this as I watch, which means I haven’t read any of y’all’s posts, so do be a sweetheart and forgive me if I’m voicing universal opinions here. First off, I’m starting to see what a lot of people have been saying about Rarity being given the shaft this season. Screen time for her and Applejack is fine with me, but the whole “I despise camping,” and everything that entailed, seemed to take it a bit far. Scootaloo’s obsession with Rainbow Dash did get kinda annoying from time to time, but I suppose that comes with the territory and is more personal preference than anything wrong with the episode.

Animation criticisms? I have them, I seriously have them, or at least one, and it’s not just, “Oh, there was an animation error at five minutes and twenty-two seconds.” Funny enough, there was an animation error at five minutes and twenty-two seconds: it looks like the symbol they were using for Dash’s squinting right eye reset. But no! That’s not it. My biggest issue is Scootaloo’s mane. Seriously, they exaggerated the motions way too much, and I was twitching and clutching my fists every time Scootaloo moved. Maybe it wasn’t that bad, but it was bad enough to look kinda awkward and out of place. The mane doesn’t need quite that much detail: even if a person has long hair, it doesn’t sway majestically in the wind with every movement.

All that aside, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I’ve never been moved to tears by a television show (hear how tough I am, Rainbow Dash?!) but the ending was pretty d’aww worthy, and was certainly the closest ponies have ever come to eliciting visible emotion besides constant smiling. The smiling gave me away the first time I was publicly outed as a brony. Princess Luna watching your dreams is only incredibly creepy yet incredibly awesome, so hear’s hoping Princess Celestia can read your daydreams.

Dec 08, 2012 at 08:15PM EST

@EvudesAffluence
The smiling gave me away the first time I was publicly outed as a brony
I imagine it looked something like this

Last edited Dec 08, 2012 at 10:23PM EST
Dec 08, 2012 at 10:21PM EST

Fifths wrote:

Alright, fuck this. It’s one thing to post freakishly appropriate pics, it’s another thing to post freakishly appropriate pics before we even realize they’re freakishly appropriate.

You know what time it is:

Episode Discussion:

Rainbow Dash is now Scootaloo’s “Big Sister”. Worst episode ever. 1/10 will never watch again. I only gave it 1 point because Luna.

Saddle Arabia discussion

Here’s an interesting note: Mitch Larson actually received tweets saying that his use of Saddle Arabia was “offensive” by someone I suspect is a troll (a twitter account with the “egg” icon) he responded rather sarcastically but later deleted those tweets because he considered to be too rude but still said one of the few ways to piss him off was to be too PC.

Then we had this discussion:

Even Mitch Larson thinks Saddle Arabia is a terrible pun XD

Last edited Dec 08, 2012 at 10:52PM EST
Dec 08, 2012 at 10:51PM EST

Of all the CMC episodes (not a huge fan of CMC) I thought this was the best of them.

Dec 08, 2012 at 11:13PM EST

Twilitlord wrote:

The Kansas City Star had a good article about us, how we were breaking down gender barriers, the usual… Pretty good, positive article overall. I’m glad I remembered to pick the Star up today.

Here’s the article if anyone wants to read it

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/07/3954450/those-little-ponies-mean-a-big.html

Dec 08, 2012 at 11:37PM EST

BEST. EPISODE. EVER. I came into this thinking it was going to be a kind of regular, slice-of-life kind of episode. While it sort of was, it still had serious tension. I was seriously getting worried when Scootaloo was hanging from that tree branch and going down that waterfall. AND THEN THERE WAS LUNA! I did not expect her to be there at all, yet her appearance felt very well placed. It was also nice to see Luna doing her job, and being thought highly of by other ponies. I think we still haven’t seen Celestia doing much yet. So the episode was a bit tough on Rarity. I don’t think that was a really really good portrayal of her. But I can let that pass with how much AWESOME this episode was packed with. Those dream sequences even kicked ass. I am expecting Inception references to be abundant in relation to this episode, and that actually kind of works since the dreams (that last one most blatantly) were used as metaphors for Scootaloo’s fear of rejection by her hero and her eventual overcoming of that fear.

Scootaloo and Luna are now tied for best pony.

Dec 09, 2012 at 12:29AM EST

Brace yourselves, for the great wave of fanfictions of our time is coming.

As if ponies didn’t infiltrate my dreams enough already!

Dec 09, 2012 at 12:35AM EST

Well, my list went from this:

1. Rainbow Dash
2. Twilight Sparkle
2. Applejack
2. Fluttershy (all three tied for second)
3. Pinkie Pie (or 5, depending on how the listing should go)
4. Derpy Hooves
5. Doctor Whooves
6. Scootaloo
7. Rarity

To this:

1. Rainbow Dash
2. Scootaloo
3. Twilight Sparkle
3. Applejack
3. Fluttershy
4. Pinkie Pie
5. Derpy Hooves
6. Doctor Whooves
7. Rarity

Rainbow Dash is still best pony with this episode.
Taking Scootaloo under her wing and not afraid of anything.

Dec 09, 2012 at 12:42AM EST

@Lone K
>RBD is still at the top of the list
>not Luna
>Not NmM
how the hell could you not have this face at the top of your list:

or this:

Boy I outta smack you with a car battery

As for the episode, I thought I was going to hate it at first due to the center of attention being a shit tier orange chicken
Then Luna came along and I fucking loved it
Then back to hating it because the princess’ episode was stolen by the shit tier orange chicken
/end standard “Luna is best pony” crap

In all seriousness, I enjoyed it. Nice writing, good flow of events. Only thing that really stuck out was the voice acting
All of it seemed….off for some reason
Either that or I’m playing Spor and Taxman too loud and my ears went

Last edited Dec 09, 2012 at 12:51AM EST
Dec 09, 2012 at 12:47AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!