232,902 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10166 posts from 235 users

Deadparrot

Well, everyone…
Looks like the bronies have become mainstream enough to hit the sitcom circuit!
Only a commercial right now.
(Edit: Stupid embedding isn’t working. Have a link: Hot In Cleveland)
The actual episode isn’t out yet, so we will have to wait to see how we are eventually portrayed, but this could get interesting (though for the most part, it looks like they are going for the ‘hilarious because it’s weird’ angle).

Burning Pheonix
Well as long as they don’t go for the “Videogamers/furries are murderous psychopaths” that Law and Order went with, then I’m okay with it.

Yeah, it's inevitable that everything in existence will be made fun of. No exceptions. All we can hope is that they don't try to sow distrust or hate.

Sometimes I wish I could make fun of sports, but I'm always stuck with either my experience of falling asleep during High School (Mandatory) Sports sessions, or a phrase I stole from my brother: "Two Gorillas chasing after a coconut, biggest Gorilla gets a Banana!"

And having said that, I know someone's going to complain, since they are a sports fan or whatever, but I seriously don't have any kind of (extroverted) attention span required to have a serious discussion of sport.

Regardless of who is mocking who, nobody really cares anymore, everything is opinion, and mocking has just become short hand for "I'm not interested, but I'll try to find something fun in this anyways."

And then people complain that they're being made fun of, and the others like seeing them wound up, so they keep doing it. And for all the world, none of it matters.

And then everyone gets tired, and nobody cares anymore, and for all the world, we may as well be copy pasting the following image.

I'm not even sure where the rant-like nature of this post came from. It's like spontaneously self generating despair. And I'm suddenly feeling tired and don't care any more…

What am I even saying? I don't even…

MUFFINS!

Burning Pheonix

My reasoning:

Your pony is blue.

What starts with Blue? The wavelength property of blue and red shifting, which popped into my head completely randomly for some reason.

So yeah, it’s just a random suggestion.

Heh, it probably fits better than either of us know, ideas that come right out of nowhere are sometimes the best. People don't always have a clue where some of these ideas came from, but the fact they emerged is of profound inspiration.

I am only beginning to fathom how appropriate the name you chose is. And i may never find out the full significance of it, but I can already see several coincidental meaningful things coming from the meaning of that name.

It's like the most raw and unformed idea came out of nowhere and bonked one of us on the noggin like Newton's apple, and a flurry of ideas is flowing forth from the other.

And suddenly I'm making no sense about apples and stuff.

I have no Idea what's going through my head right now.

GAH! FORGOT TO USE COLORED TEXT IN LAST POST!

Ermmm… Anyways, the message box on the "Ask SBURB Ponies Tumblr was Empty, so I did something stupid.

Obligatory Tumblr Link

I feel incredibly Lazy for making that… for multiple Reasons…

But anyways, she still has the hairstyle stolen from Yugioh 5DS after RandomMan Suggested it.

Anyways…Is it just me? Or have everyone vacated the Thread?

Normally, there's someone posting every hour, but now, it's kinda once or twice a day.

Is… Everyone Hungover or something? Cleaning up the aftermath of new year's eve?

Don't answer that…

Last edited Jan 02, 2013 at 08:52AM EST

It's 4 am in New Zealand and 6-9am in the United States.

Of course everyone has vacated the thread due to sleep.

Oh….me?

Last edited Jan 02, 2013 at 09:38AM EST
It’s 4 am in New Zealand and 6-9am in the United States.

Of course everyone has vacated the thread due to sleep.

Meanwhile, it's only 2:24AM Here, and being Nocturnal, I have the unique position that I don't have to be bothered with regular times. I'm Probably going to be awake another 4-8 hours!

And… I guess that means Everyone EVERYWHERE is out of synch with me!

Anyways, I'm going to go "Solicit Wisdom from my Fridge". By which I mean Grab a Drink.

Last edited Jan 02, 2013 at 11:00AM EST
Anyways…Is it just me? Or have everyone vacated the Thread?

Normally, there’s someone posting every hour, but now, it’s kinda once or twice a day.

I counted 13 posts in the the past 24 hours, many of which have been by ZeroBlue (stop double posting, by the way. It's against the rules.)

I know I browse other sites in addition to moderating the forum here at large. I honestly don't want to spend all of my time here, and other people probably have other things to do. Work, school, hobbies…remember that most people here have school or work, and the past few weeks were holidays. Those will be ending soon for those in school, and they've probably already ended for those working.

stop double posting, by the way. It’s against the rules.

What Double Posting? I don't see any Double Posting!

I'm BLIND AS A BAT! REMEMBER?!

Seriously though, I think it's gone now; didn't realize it counted as double posting until after I did it.

Last edited Jan 02, 2013 at 11:14AM EST

DeadParrot222 wrote:

Well, everyone…
Looks like the bronies have become mainstream enough to hit the sitcom circuit!
Only a commercial right now.
(Edit: Stupid embedding isn't working. Have a link: Hot In Cleveland)
The actual episode isn't out yet, so we will have to wait to see how we are eventually portrayed, but this could get interesting (though for the most part, it looks like they are going for the 'hilarious because it's weird' angle).

I've never even heard of Hot In Cleveland until just now. It doesn't look too offensive. I just hope no one takes it the wrong way.

I can't load that last page anymore, it crashes my browser every time. What did you guys do back there?!

So, Equestria Daily unveiled a new update to Samsh Ponies… I hope they ditch the idea of including OCs eventually. They look horribly out of place:

@Dan
That screen shot is from a while back actually.
('A while' is a bit misleading as this project just began in September, but the point stands.)
Originally, the game was using the old Desktop Pony sprites and, while it still stood out like a sore thumb, that OC at least fit the general aesthetic.
I can't find the vid that showed him off, but this is what the game used to look like:

Here's their most recent trailer, though:

Obviously, they've gone through a major graphical update so I can't see them shoving a crappy OC sprite thing in there now and the work it would take to bring him up to the new standard likely wouldn't be worth it.
I think he's probably gone for good.

Oh, and the game looks pretty darn cool, too!
Guess who are going to kick a bunch of ass!

Last edited Jan 02, 2013 at 01:09PM EST

Blue Shift wrote:

GAH! FORGOT TO USE COLORED TEXT IN LAST POST!

I personally dislike the blue, so I don't see the issue with that.

Is… Everyone Hungover or something? Cleaning up the aftermath of new year’s eve?

Had friends over for new year, you do the math. (x people * y bottles of beer = z).

@DeadParrot

Good point. The graphics are looking spiffy, though the animation could use a little work. (Listen to me, applying all these high standards to a fan-made game.)

I must say, I love me some Smash Bros., so I'm looking forward to it as well. Hmm, will the CMC be like the Pokemon Trainer, or maybe more like the Ice Climbers? Will a Sonic Rainboom final smash cause everyone to ban smash balls in tournaments? Are pegasi always going to be OP top-tier characters? Will everyone rage at Twilight's disjointed hitbox? Maybe Fluttershy will be like Captain Olimar and his pikmin. But most importantly… WILL LINK FINALLY NOT GET COMPLETELY SHAFTED?!

Oops, my other fandoms are showing. :P

Last edited Jan 02, 2013 at 09:47PM EST

Millennial Dan wrote:

@DeadParrot

Good point. The graphics are looking spiffy, though the animation could use a little work. (Listen to me, applying all these high standards to a fan-made game.)

I must say, I love me some Smash Bros., so I'm looking forward to it as well. Hmm, will the CMC be like the Pokemon Trainer, or maybe more like the Ice Climbers? Will a Sonic Rainboom final smash cause everyone to ban smash balls in tournaments? Are pegasi always going to be OP top-tier characters? Will everyone rage at Twilight's disjointed hitbox? Maybe Fluttershy will be like Captain Olimar and his pikmin. But most importantly… WILL LINK FINALLY NOT GET COMPLETELY SHAFTED?!

Oops, my other fandoms are showing. :P

Link being bad in fighting games is a universal constant: you would dare to tamper with the core of the universe?!

Looks like The Hub is getting into the 'predicting the future' market now!
You can get your Ponyscope told HERE!
Or… I should say, you can go there only if you have a Facebook account… which I don't… because Facebook's privacy issues have always creeped me out.

Anyway, here are all of the Zodiac Ponies for everyone to enjoy!

I like all of these designs but Leo- and Cancer-pony are the most adorable things ever!

Meanwhile, on Pony General…

So we got… positive karma bombed? Or am I the only one who woke up with every post they've made in this thread having been upvoted?

In the meantime, I actually came here to request Pony General's aid in accomplishing my resolution for the new year: actually animating something. For once. I was originally going to do a music video for The Living Tombstone's Good 'ol Days, but fuck music videos, am I right or am I right? Especially music videos for mainstream music by mainstream people in whom I have no particular vested interest. Not that I need the hipster cred or anything, but I do.

If you've recently had any fleeting thoughts that, in retrospect, might make a half decent animation, do throw them at me, voice actors be damned (I might actually be motivated to try and find some. Voice actors are just things, a good to be acquired, not people, right?). Don't worry about the length; with a bit more dedication and some finally useful Flash builds I oughtta be able to work a lot faster.

That's your task, Pony General. I like ponies. You like ponies. Let's make something work.

@HoroScope Ponies

I find the Scorpio one absolutely priceless! She's like… So cool looking! And Libra is so awesome!

I think they could stand to Even up the number of Pegasus and Unicorn to Earth Ponies. There's like, 8 earth ponies, and only 2 Pegasi, and 2 1/2 Unicorns (2 are really just the same Pony Split in Two.)

And now My little Pony/Homestuck Crossovers have a little too much matirial to work with…

…Heheheh…

I personally dislike the blue, so I don’t see the issue with that.

Well excuse me for trying to project a little bit more of my personality into my words… See how I lower myself before you with this conformist black text!

….

/Sad

Okay, I'm done now. Back to color!

@ExudesAffluence

I've actually toyed with some ideas for music videos myself. I'm far too lazy and unskilled to bring such ideas to fruition, of course, but since you're asking…

So, you don't want to take the obvious option? Good, neither do I.

There's no legal document that stipulates all pony music vids must use a pony music track. So, why not take a song that just happens to tangentially relate to ponies somehow?

For example, doesn't this little piece evoke memories of a certain pegasus who once expressed a desire to be something else?

For extra hipster cred, try a song that has lyrics in a strange tounge. This here would make a pretty fitting lament for the ol' sun goddess, no?

Well excuse me for trying to project a little bit more of my personality into my words… See how I lower myself before you with this conformist black text!

I can easily just edit your posts myself. But that would be abuse of power, and there's also no real issue with colored text let alone a rule against it.

Out of a forum with all black posts (that's wacist), suddenly a full on blue post falls out of line. It takes the fun out of reading them for me, and most of the time I simply don't because of that. Might also be because I dislike even the most minimal form of roleplay, and your blue takes that shape.

I can't speak for others, nor can or will I force you to stop it, but the chances of me replying to a blue post is pretty minimal. The only reason I did it in my previous post was because I got curious about that normal black post and why you suddenly switched back again.

Deadparrot wrote:

I like all of these designs but Leo- and Cancer-pony are the most adorable things ever!

>tfw Cancer.

Last edited Jan 03, 2013 at 11:09AM EST

@RandomMan

(for a Second there I imagined the words "That gave me Cancer" coming alone to be a joke… But that would be… Morbid…)

Anyways, I suppose it is a bit much of a hassle to make every post blue, so I guess I give up… Not like anyone Notices Colored text anymore.

In the Mean time, more Tumblr Pony… Oh god… I cheat so badly with these things you don't even Know!

Don't be shy, these aren't show spoilers here! Just doing what someone suggested and putting large Sets of Images Behind the tags…

Obligatory link is Obligatory

Now, If someone were to change around which of the Horoscope Ponies were which Kind of Pony, what would you guys pick?

Cause… You know… Only two Pegasi, and Two Unicorns to Eight earth Ponies.

Last edited Jan 03, 2013 at 11:35AM EST

I just had like… The weirdest thought… Like… Incredibly Drunk levels of weird…

Do Crystal Ponies… Like… even have blood? Are they like, Inorganic? Do they Spring up from the earth fully formed?

What am I still Doing up, raising this question anyways… It's like… Early Daylight… I'm way to tired out by that stuff to have a serious discussion…

See you… When Our Timezones and Sleep schedules overlap again I guess…

Last edited Jan 03, 2013 at 03:00PM EST

Luna Protege wrote:

I just had like… The weirdest thought… Like… Incredibly Drunk levels of weird…

Do Crystal Ponies… Like… even have blood? Are they like, Inorganic? Do they Spring up from the earth fully formed?

What am I still Doing up, raising this question anyways… It's like… Early Daylight… I'm way to tired out by that stuff to have a serious discussion…

See you… When Our Timezones and Sleep schedules overlap again I guess…

Zero gets deep in the morning.

I advice not posting on the internet. This isn't the first time it occured.

@20% Cooler
Well I have a huge weakness for the cute and I'm a Taurus so I made this yesterday:

What?

No, I don't care that it has nothing to do with my sign.

Shut up.

@Zero
Seeing as how their food seems to be organic enough for normal ponies to eat in the cutest damn way possible, I would have to assume that crystal ponies are 'organic.'
Even if they might not have blood, it doesn't mean that they are without issues.

As for the idea that crystal ponies might spring from the earth, that could have some merit.
They are all Earth Ponies after all.
But it was shown that they do have (oddly familiar-looking) children, so they certainly don't spring up as fully-formed adults.

ExudesAffluence wrote:

Meanwhile, on Pony General…

So we got… positive karma bombed? Or am I the only one who woke up with every post they've made in this thread having been upvoted?

In the meantime, I actually came here to request Pony General's aid in accomplishing my resolution for the new year: actually animating something. For once. I was originally going to do a music video for The Living Tombstone's Good 'ol Days, but fuck music videos, am I right or am I right? Especially music videos for mainstream music by mainstream people in whom I have no particular vested interest. Not that I need the hipster cred or anything, but I do.

If you've recently had any fleeting thoughts that, in retrospect, might make a half decent animation, do throw them at me, voice actors be damned (I might actually be motivated to try and find some. Voice actors are just things, a good to be acquired, not people, right?). Don't worry about the length; with a bit more dedication and some finally useful Flash builds I oughtta be able to work a lot faster.

That's your task, Pony General. I like ponies. You like ponies. Let's make something work.

Animation ideas?

How about the totally awesome idea of a human invasion of Equestria! As the ponies realize that the power of magic and friendship are no match for the powers of science and organized military industrial complexes!

As the steel behemoths of our armoured divisions crush any Earth pony threat, the Gods of the Battlefield, the artillery regiments, will rain steel death on the Unicorns and their puny dark pony magics while our Knights of the sky will eliminate the pegasi with our arsenal of beyond visual range thermobaric warheads.

Once our great victory is complete, the human master race will finally have the Lebensraum we need to further expand and feed our burgeoning population and finally have the material resources to feed into our ever hungry capitalist war machine so that we may continue to conquer the stars in a tidal wave of blood gore and perpetual war!

We will rape this planet of all resources and leave it like we left Earth: A smouldering husk of rock!

Why……why…is everyone looking at me like that?

Verbose wrote:

Place your bets.

Will bet that it's the announcement of Season 4.

If I'm wrong, you may change my username to "'Spicy KFC Special" for 1 month.

chowzburgerz wrote:

Get lost spammer.

Gak is the New Spam, so this guy is a gakker.

Sing it with me!

~It's Gak, Gak, Gak, Gak, Gak!

Now let's all pretend this didn't happen…

Last edited Jan 04, 2013 at 12:17AM EST

Verbose wrote:

Place your bets.

Since pretty much every other alternative has already been bet on, I'm calling announcement of Rarity episode synopsis.

Because we all know the finale will be this:

So we pretty much all agree that the second to last episode will be Rarity, what about the supposed episode where Fluttershy is turned into a dragon? I'll place my bets: Discord turns Fluttershy into a dragon in whatever the upcoming episode with Discord is. You heard it here first, folks.

In the meantime, Chowz, you do realize that quoting the spambot has preserved their spambottery forever, right?

Last edited Jan 04, 2013 at 12:22AM EST
In the meantime, Chowz, you do realize that quoting the spambot has preserved their spambottery forever, right?

…as a monument to the Gak Empire that has enslaved an entire race of ponies!

…Never Forget… The name of the true scourge of the internet…

For us, they are not "Spambots"…

…They are GAKBOTS!

@Exudes:

I doth believe that yonder rumor of Flutterdragon was made a mockery of, and declared false by respectable folk, along with the rumor containing lies and slander of the romantic involvement of a male with the pegasus, Rainbow Dash.

Though, dear chap, that does raise a wonderful idea in my head. It would be fairly clever to make a picture presentation using your practiced abilities that showed the transformation of Fluttershy to a dragon. For further irony, her fears could be twisted so that she, a dragon, was frightened by ponies. Would that not be wondrous?

I heartily implore you consider the possibility, unless the making of frames and forms for the dragon Fluttershy would be, as you say 'fucking hard'.

ahem

Or, you could make an animation of Twilight accidentally turning all the Mane Six into dragons. Rarity gets hungry and eats all her gems, Applejack crushes her trees while apple-bucking, Fluttershy scares her animals, Pinkie Pie breaks all her party contraptions, Rainbow Dash is too big to do her daring tricks (despite early enthusiasm about being a badass dragon), and Twilight accidentally torches her books.

Would be neat.

@Crystal ponies:

Or, guys, here's a crazy idea, but maybe… maybe…

They're normal ponies that just so happen to be effected by a shining magical aura that is the embodiment of the love projected by the crystal heart. Because, y'know, ponies we know are organic became just like them, and they looked organic as shit before the love returned to the kingdom.

So, pretty sure it's just a light show.

After all, it's an effect in flash, so I'm assuming magic shit works the same as flash, right? Just applies sparkle effects and shit when something is 'crystal'?

@phoneix:

ur 1 ch33ky kunt, m8

i sw34r i'm goin 2 friendsh1p u m8 i swear on my mum's lief

do u evn warfare, faget?

ahem

Comradeship and companionship (paired with the magical powers and 'unnatural' qualities of Equestria) will be powerful in their own right, and the ponies may not be utterly defenseless against the war machine of humanity.

Luna Protege wrote:

…as a monument to the Gak Empire that has enslaved an entire race of ponies!

…Never Forget… The name of the true scourge of the internet…

For us, they are not "Spambots"…

…They are GAKBOTS!

I'm drowning in Gak. Help me guys!

Everyone remain calm. A counter gak task force was assembled some time ago to keep this from becoming a problem again and gak removal operations are already under way.

Unfortunately it's too late for Zeroblue and he must be quarantined indefinitely.

@exciting nonspecific news

>be a fan of ponies and pokemon
>mfw I see that big news is coming soon for both

Last edited Jan 04, 2013 at 01:57AM EST

@Zodiac Ponies: My heart got clogged from pure HNNNNNNNG at the sight of Leo and her fwuffy outfit. Though I do find it kind of odd that Aries, Taurus, and Capricorn have fake antlers/horns instead of being unicorns.

@"Exciting News": Hmmmm…15 invisible Monopoly dollars on Season 2 DVD.

Verbose wrote:

Place your bets.

An hour and a half later:

I'm hoping that this is just coincidental timing since, as nice as it is to hear about staff attending cons, I wouldn't really call this 'exciting' to the fanbase as a whole…

Now some Faust:

First, possibly one of the most depressing tweets I've read in relation to ponies:

She said something similar at EQLA, too.
Just thinking about how she got to create a show based on her childhood fantasies, saw its popularity explode like nothing else she's ever worked on, and then was forced (for whatever reason) to give it up is bad enough, but knowing that she can't even bring herself to watch her creation carry on without her is just a massive kick in the feels.

At the same time, Faust is certainly still having very silly fun out there.

IZ TOO TINY!!!
I can't tell if that guy is an actual troll or just an imitator, but Faust's reactions are hilarious!

Continuing the social media streak:

Our photoshops are coming true!

Last edited Jan 04, 2013 at 04:09AM EST
Our photoshops are coming true!

You know what this means?

It means the collective consciousness of the entire fandom has the power to perform a tangible shift in reality!

…Maybe if we gather several fandoms like ours together in one city for a gathering, and all believe Really hard, we'll hope a hole in space time, and Twilight Sparkle will jump through with every other character ever conceived following!

A guy can dream right?

Found Image Here during a routine Web Crawl

be a fan of ponies and pokemon
>mfw I see that big news is coming soon for both

The news is one in the saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame…

NINTENDO AND GAMEFREAK WILL BE RELEASING POKEMON: SUN AND MOON VERSIONS

@DeadParrot

It's certainly odd timing, but I agree. I don't think that is the big news. For one, I don't think any of the show creators would say that their ability to attend a convention is big news. It seems a little presumptuous, even if you're an established FiM writer who's been writing from the start of the series. Second, I think the hashtag "MLPFiM" would be too broad. Perhaps Cindy Morrow doesn't distinguish between show events and fandom events, but I think she was referring to the show specifically. I feel like it would have the hashtag "bronies" or something for a con announcement.

However, considering how much trouble show creators are having attending cons:

(I'm still excited that the show creators want to interact with the brony demographic after over two years of working on the show,) I think that might be bigger news than we think.

Last edited Jan 04, 2013 at 05:24AM EST

Conscene 2013 is looking grim?

OMG HASBRO IS CONTINUING THEIR DESTRUCTION OF THE FANBASE FIRST THEY TOOK AWAY DERPY THEN THEY'RE CUTTING OUT YOUTUBE VIDEOS AND NOW THEY'RE TAKING AWAY THE CONS!

chowzburgerz wrote:

Get lost spammer.

Let the mods take care of the spam, don't waste posts or attention to them please.

Grim 2013 Conscene:

Soon they'll be forced to invite the lesser ones. Verbose and I will make these peasants show real glory. The KYM brony section will grow branches, branches that will grow thorns, thorns that inject a lethal poison into their old fandom traditions. And as their minds find peace with the earth, our reign of terror will start. A reign of tyrrany, despotic abuse of authority, and their offspring forced into labor chained to our endless greed. The flames of our power will consume their measly souls.

Last edited Jan 04, 2013 at 09:41AM EST

RandomMan wrote:

Let the mods take care of the spam, don't waste posts or attention to them please.

Grim 2013 Conscene:

Soon they'll be forced to invite the lesser ones. Verbose and I will make these peasants show real glory. The KYM brony section will grow branches, branches that will grow thorns, thorns that inject a lethal poison into their old fandom traditions. And as their minds find peace with the earth, our reign of terror will start. A reign of tyrrany, despotic abuse of authority, and their offspring forced into labor chained to our endless greed. The flames of our power will consume their measly souls.

I don't know RandomMan Spongebob, spamming Cheetos ponies doesn't really look like a reign of terror.

burning_phoneix wrote:

Conscene 2013 is looking grim?

OMG HASBRO IS CONTINUING THEIR DESTRUCTION OF THE FANBASE FIRST THEY TOOK AWAY DERPY THEN THEY'RE CUTTING OUT YOUTUBE VIDEOS AND NOW THEY'RE TAKING AWAY THE CONS!

Well… That's an overreaction if I ever heard one.

Want to hear another one?

I'M TURNING INTO A VAMPIRE!

In all seriousness, my photo-sensitivity is getting kinda extreme.

Light makes me tired, I've slowly been using the lights less and less to get around; to the point the only light in the room is my computer. When I go out in the Evenings, I need Sunglasses. I'm Sleeping till 4PM in the afternoon. And in the middle of the Night I have boundless energy.

…And I freaking Love it!

Night-Ponies/Bat-Ponies/Lunar-Guards are now officially my Patron Pony-kind!

The first of those terms I just used to dig up a bit of art for them I hadn't seen before.

Why don't people use them more? Why don't we see more of them? Why don't we have one as a regular character?

I have no idea! But whatever the case, I am so… so ready for more!

Now for Odd topics:

@Exciting News

I learned a long time ago that getting excited for something you don't know it an excessive in futility. It's what we do know that excites me to the core.

… Tiny scraps of incomplete information are much more exciting than completely secret. And then there's the Rumors… Oh so Tantalizing… No-one knows the significance of a few marketing department slip ups, if they mean jack or are Legit. But they announce some "Mystery Announcement" and for some reason I can already guess it means something completely bleeding obvious.

Want to know what the new Announcement is?

It's nothing we don't already know is what! I mean. we're already taking bets on what it will be. And when it comes out, Not one person will be surprised, as they will have heard someone already guess it!

…On the other hand, there is this warm snugly feeling we get when it turns out we knew what it was going to be all along. So there's something.

An Unconfirmed Rumor however is much more powerful, as it gives us a feeling that makes us wonder "Is it right or not?" as we approach the moment. It's something we know that only "May" be truth.

@Pokemon News

Didn't know news was coming, Prey Tell where and when this will be announced?

Now here's a question…

This show so far has an interesting track record with continuity. Half the time it cares, half the time it doesn't.

But how many times has something happened that is never mentioned again? Something interesting but rarely seen again?

So far, this includes two entire races of Ponies. Night Ponies, and Crystal Ponies.

The Night Ponies have not been seen again, and were a minor feature to a Halloween episode. Not Plot centric, but darn interesting. They have half an excuse if they aren't seen again, Even if I seriously want them to return.

…Crystal ponies though?

They show up out of nowhere after a thousand years missing, not even mentioned in legend like Luna was, turn out to be in mortal peril, are the focus of an entire season opening, and from what has been said, they are supposed to be important.

…And now they haven't been seen again since, and not one character mentions it again…

I know it hasn't even been a full season yet, but seriously, if they ignore crystal ponies forever, I'm going to have to post a giant "WTF?!" Sign somewhere.

Optimally, I want at least one episode for each… Or at least focusing on a single character from each of the two and their interactions with the Main 6.

But What I'd love most of all… Is to include them and their models in the background with the rest of the ponies!

I mean, how hard can it be to create a few variant flash assets for bat wings? That's all one of the two needs, and the other just needs a few Gradients! (And maybe Sparkles.)

I mean, They kinda already made those assets! All they have to do is Recolor and mix up with existing assets!

Who makes a whole set of Flash assets and never uses them again? It would make any Producer Pull their hair out! It's simple Efficiency, if you spend money to make something that can be used a lot and only have to pay for once, but only use it once, you just wasted a lot of money. But if you keep it, and use it often, you are getting a lot more of your money's worth for that one time you paid for its creation!

… Oh god… This is the widest reaching rant I've made in a while… Next…

@Season 4 discussion…

We haven't even Finished Season 3! Heck, there's still… what, one episode not accounted for?

I have to check that…

Anyways, if we talk about what we think is going to be in season 4, we're going in blind. All we know is there WILL be one.

All we can say is what we want, and so far, that is probably going to be the best way to guess. If we know what we want, we at least know where possible fan-service may be.

And to those thinking the "Announcement coming soon" is Season four. I would be disappointed if it was, it was already a given. We all knew it, don't deny it. There was both Proof and we knew it in our hearts. Simply saying "Season Four is Coming" would be a cop out!

… If they were showing us a preview of season four though, that's a different story. As is them giving away any spoilers for season four they feel privy to.

But nobody here wants to openly discus Spoilers so Moving on!

I've been wondering how long it's going to take for the next set of remixes for this season's songs will take to come out… The first batch are usually catchy, but also kinda… imperfect compared to what comes later…

But more than that, I want to see a Medley! A MLP Medley! Where bits and Peices from every song in the series so far is composed into one big song!

… Or maybe just a few mash ups… Seriously. I once half Expected a Mash up of "Find a Pet" and "The Perfect Stalion".

But, whatever, I'm still going good with What we've got, plus Some Friendship is Witchcraft songs.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Seriously, this is going to become a thing, whenever I see something in the show that I think something awesome came right out of nowhere, I'll just yell that out.

…And If It's Never Mentioned again, I'll be very sad… And Then start yelling whatever it is that comes out of nowhere that time.

Seriously, such awesome bats, and we never heard of them before? If we never hear From them again, then I may as well add "Fruit Bat" to the list of "Races that to be seen again to justify being in the show at all, and would really appreciate them coming back"…

Um… That's too long a title. How About: The "Can we Haz" List?

Man, I'm on a roll!

Now here's a question, if Cadence has shown up now, how Many Alicorns are actually out there?

But more to the point, why are they there?

We know very little about Alicorns other that they only showed up in the last thousand years (Probably), and before that, the pony traits were separate.

Meanwhile, Discord Shows up at Approximately the same time as Alicorns Show up.

Now, there may be a connection there, there may not, who cares. What's important is that for some reason, Alicorns showed up "Suddenly". As if made by an important Event.

What kind of conditions where these? Magical Experiments? Discord in his infinite Whimsy caught onto something nice?

Also, Why does Does Discord go around looking like a bad Windigo impersonator? Is that just him in his infinite Whimsy deciding to "Play the Villain" by deciding to look like one they were familiar with?

Eh…

And… I… think I'm Done… Maybe?

I feel Like there's more… But I can't put it into words…

Eh… it's Probably just me doing more ranting and raving over things that showed up one time but were never mentioned again…

… We Haven't seen Buffalo again either, but they are harder to change around assets for to use often (Unlike Night Ponies or Crystal Ponies.)

Oh… Shhh-

CHANGELINGS! They introduced them and so far they've only been seen again in the comics!

… But then again, they are a faceless horde, even if I did once grab an image and name every one of them I could see in it.

hmm…

Guess I'm done for this minute.

@Pokemon News
Is this a remake of a previous version or is this a whole new region? From what I have been hearing it will be a whole new region based off of a region of Australia.

@ZeroBlue

"Want to know what the new Announcement is?
It’s nothing we don’t already know is what! I mean. we’re already taking bets on what it will be. And when it comes out, Not one person will be surprised, as they will have heard someone already guess it!"

If you are going to mention something then please leave some information on the topic, please do not leave vague references to the information you are not reviling because it is kinda irritating to leave your reader guessing what you are trying to reference.

@Season 4
We are not done with season 3 yet but due to my time travelling abilities I can tell you that
Hasbro has killed the show.

They have shipped every single character with each other. They killed off Derpy Hooves on screen, they sent her to the Glue Factory. Finally,everyone is an Alicorn and can fly around with Sonic Rainbooms, even Discord.

Unrelated:
I also wrote a very small story, I guess you could consider it a fan fic. Is anyone interested in reading it? I can post it here due to its short length.

Last edited Jan 04, 2013 at 11:29AM EST

Zero… now, this is just a suggestion, but do you think you could condense just a bit? That last post of yours is so long I can't even hope to read it all during my breaks at work, and a lot of your posts are lengthened by you talking about your peculiar sleep habits and such. Just sayin.

@Crystal Ponies

To the shock of no one; just as I assign no deific status to Luna and Celestia, I also don't think there's anything too unusual about the earth pony population living in the so-called Crystal Empire. They're another earth pony ethnicity at most, but like Explosive Lasers said, their "crystalline" appearance is due to the influence of a magic relic, nothing more. They're not a separate race at all.

And as for the bat-ponies, they're likewise just a subgroup of Pegasi. Nothing too crazy here, all ponies through and through.

burning_phoneix wrote:

I don't know RandomMan Spongebob, spamming Cheetos ponies doesn't really look like a reign of terror.

DID SOMEPONY SAY "CHEETOS?!"

@Season 4 Announcement
Technically, no one has officially said that season four exists.
There have only been some heavy 'hints' and Hasbro's public financial report stating an MLP-related cost on par with a new season so we all know that it's coming, but an actual announcement could still be considered news.
What I'm really hoping for is not only a press release saying that season four is coming, but also a time-frame in which we can expect it.
I know the wait for season three was made worse by the fact that we were given almost no information on when it would premier until very shortly before it did.
Also, it would either confirm or kill the whole 'half season in winter, half-season in summer' theory that people put forward to explain the 13 episode thing.
We'll just have to wait and see.

If you are going to mention something then please leave some information on the topic, please do not leave vague references to the information you are not reviling because it is kinda irritating to leave your reader guessing what you are trying to reference.

Edit, everything in a nutshell: Before you read the following, just remember, It's simply another part of me being existential about how it's impossible to surprise those who can literally guess every possibility. The punchline is that The only way to surprise me and still make coherent sense is to do something we reject as impossible, then go ahead and do it after rejecting it as impossible. That will save you some time reading the rest of this.

What I mean to say, Is that every time I've heard the words "Special Announcement", there's only ever a few options.

→New season, Preview up next.
→Special Canon Shaking Episode… Which nobody is quite surprised at, but still shocked to see being addressed.
→Spin off
→"MLP:FIM THE GAME!"
→"MLP:FIM THE MOVIE!" (Not this time though)

As to what that "Canon Shaking" information or episode would be, it's also a limited set of options. As there's so far, only a few set things we don't understand about the lore, and we generally know them all.

You're Going to make me list a few of those too aren't you?

→Where do Alicorns come from?
→What are Ponies doing in this World?
→Who is Discord?
→How did Discord come to be?
→What is Twilight's/The Mane 6's Destiny?
→What is the Deal with the Everfree Forest?
→Why would Luna suddenly Snap and go crazy at rejection a long time ago, yet be mostly just mopy about it now?
→Information on The Crystal Empire, Zebras or Night Ponies.
→Anything involving Zecora!

the answers to which, half of which have been spoiled, and the other half we can guess.

The Remaining Possibilities are along the lines of the introduction of something new. Pokemon Style. Those have a limited set of things to add to as well, even if the exact specifics are limitless… Arguably… But more on that later…

→New Villain
→New Pony Kind
→New Area
→New Important Character
→New Mystery

There's only so many kinds of Areas our brains can come up with with little effort, most of which have already been explored except for Culture wise areas like "Tokyo" and weird Places like the Moon. And As for Ponies, Even Limited Imaginations can come up with a fair few possibilities at this point.

URGH!

→Sea Pony (Already in Book)
→Fire Pony
→Dryad Pony
→Fairy Pony

In the end, The chances of something coming completely unexpected is small. And I don't count anything as Surprising unless I can't Drink a glass of water without choking on it.

…Which has only happened… Never…

As such, I can only assume that deep down, I already know at least what it could be, which thanks to knowing so many versions of such it's astounding, it has to be one of them.

I don't know WHICH, but I know that it is ONE!

You want to know the chance of something happening that we don't expect?

here's the formula!

All Possibilities Minus any Expect-able Possibilities and Impossible possibilities.

Any because THEY thought of it, One of us will probably have thought of it.

The Only other possibility is if they come up with a possibility that we Dismiss as Impossible if we heard it before it happened. It's the kind of thing that if pitched at a meeting would elicit the following response:

Jeremy Clarkson: I'm going to Combine a still Living Cat With a Car, a Banana, a gun, and a Plane.
Richard Hamond: Are You absolutly insane?
Jeremy Clarkson: Already did it!
Flying Banana Cat Ferari of Bullets: Kill me Please!

In other words, All I'm Trying to say here is… What ever it is, the chances of you having GENUINE surprise, is incredibly small. Because you're limited to two possibilities of doing so.

1: Do something so completely random that it's literally impossible to imagine it. (Downright impossible with lucid minds)
2: Do something that most would outright reject as impossible when they thought of it (Which they probably already have.)

At this point, the only things that would surprise me in regards to this show, is if they were to pair up two significant characters in a canonized ship… other than Spike and Rarity, and not to some new character out of nowhere. Either that or literally kill an important character.

You want to know why those would surprise me?

Because I believe with all my heart it's absolutely never going to happen.

That is why I doubt they can surprise me.

That is why they won't surprise me.

Because we as a species have the ability to know ALL possible outcomes that could stem from a human brain.

…And this show only has a limited number of things we can reject as impossible…

…And all of those are enforced by its INTENDED Demographic…

Kids… Kids much younger than us…

Last edited Jan 04, 2013 at 12:57PM EST

@zerobblue

Who let you out of the lab!? You're still contaminated!!! Thank goodness I have the proper equipment.

@tim

An Australian based pokemon game could have alot potential – considering all of the insanely dangerous and/or unique animals that live there. I would buy the shit out of that!

@parrot

yes it's sad about Faust – if I remember correctly she said something about being frustrated with constraints hasbro put on her creativity and it sucks how she can't enjoy the show anymore.

I think mlp is a well animated and directed show. It has many redeeming qualities about it and I am glad Lauran Faust is back at making great shows. The show is colorful and is never boring with the many characters. Many adult jokes are included giving older ones more to laugh at.
I just wanted to give my 2 cents in the MASSIVE forum pages.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!