Forums / Discussion / General

169,851 total conversations in 5,438 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10167 posts from 235 users

Kewln00b? wrote:

And somewhere in Equestria Lyra finds a store selling hand gloves.

That makes me wonder…

How far can one go with that aspect? How much can one develop it?

There’s been Fanfics where Lyra writes about humans and makes a show. There are dozens of Fanfics where Lyra knows humans exist for certain. And some Fan Art where she makes her own Mechanical hands. And many other Fics assume she was once human.

Why not blend all these together and see what pops out?

I mean, have Lyra run an extremely successful technology, magic, and media company that deals mostly with anything human related: including stuff from the human world. Yugioh as a show in Equestria? Blame Lyra! And her most Succesful products? Mechanical Hands!

… And one could explain it that Lyra’s soul got lost on the way to being born in Equestria, and so spent time as a human before going back to be born in her true form in Equestria.

Someone continue that line of logic.

Feb 03, 2013 at 08:03PM EST
Quote

Guys, can you please help me. I have only seen up to “Sisterhooves Social”, but I feel like I would get the recent episode spoiled sooner or later. I have had far to many good games, books and movies spoiled, and I don’t want this episode to be in the list.
However, I don’t know if I need to see any episode before the Twilicorn. Can someone tell me if I have to? If I do, I’ll finish both seasons this week. If I don’t need to, I’ll watch it right away.
Thanks.

Feb 03, 2013 at 08:14PM EST
Quote

Digoxin wrote:

Guys, can you please help me. I have only seen up to “Sisterhooves Social”, but I feel like I would get the recent episode spoiled sooner or later. I have had far to many good games, books and movies spoiled, and I don’t want this episode to be in the list.
However, I don’t know if I need to see any episode before the Twilicorn. Can someone tell me if I have to? If I do, I’ll finish both seasons this week. If I don’t need to, I’ll watch it right away.
Thanks.

I suggest you watch them IMEDIATELY! As we’re in a Spoiler disaster zone mode first of all, second, the writers themselves said something along the lines that they’ve been preparing for the episode from the very start, third, there are a couple of episodes that will enhance your viewing of the episode should you watch them.

After you’ve watched them, wait until after the upcoming episode between then and now. That should keep us from being the ones to spoil everything for you.

If you have two days free, you should be able to get through them fast enough.

Last edited Feb 03, 2013 at 08:27PM EST
Feb 03, 2013 at 08:25PM EST
Quote

@Zero

Since when did the writers say anything of the sort? Faust distinctly contradicted that statement.

Edit for response: Yeah, McCarthy said that “important journey” bit. Intentionally blurring the details is what I’d call that. Good for marketing I guess.

Last edited Feb 03, 2013 at 09:30PM EST
Feb 03, 2013 at 08:57PM EST
Quote

Digoxin wrote:

Guys, can you please help me. I have only seen up to “Sisterhooves Social”, but I feel like I would get the recent episode spoiled sooner or later. I have had far to many good games, books and movies spoiled, and I don’t want this episode to be in the list.
However, I don’t know if I need to see any episode before the Twilicorn. Can someone tell me if I have to? If I do, I’ll finish both seasons this week. If I don’t need to, I’ll watch it right away.
Thanks.

The finale does some work with character traits, so do your best for character building episodes. As for general plot, they’re almost all must-see.

General Plot episodes (A ☾ will denote a possible relation to the finale.)
S02E06 – The Cutie Pox☾ – Cutie Mark topic
S02E11 – Hearth’s Warming Eve – Founding of Equestria
S02E12 – Family Appreciate Day – Ponyville Origins
S02E20 – It’s About Time – Magic related.
S02E25 – A Canterlot Wedding – Introduction of characters.
S02E26 – A Canterlot Wedding – Introduction of characters.

S03E01 – The Crystal Empire – Setting related.
S03E02 – The Crystal Empire – Setting related.
S03E05 – Magic Duel☾ – Magic related.
S03E06 – Sleepless in Ponyville☾ – Luna ability related.
S03E10 – Keep Calm and Flutter On☾ – Discord related.
S03E12 – Games Ponies Play☾ – Not yet aired. May be setting related.

If anyone else has some to add, go ahead. These are all that I can think of at the moment.

Last edited Feb 03, 2013 at 09:20PM EST
Feb 03, 2013 at 09:18PM EST
Quote

Millennial Dan wrote:

@Zero

Since when did the writers say anything of the sort? Faust distinctly contradicted that statement.

Edit for response: Yeah, McCarthy said that “important journey” bit. Intentionally blurring the details is what I’d call that. Good for marketing I guess.

Umm…

Well, It wasn’t Faust that said it, so fair cop.

But in any case I’m sure it was one of the writers trying to justify the decision. I’ll have to check which.

All I remember off the top of my head is they said something along the lines of Twilight Having had a journey of importance since the beginning.

Yeah, that in a true sense is vague, but looking at it like that makes the extension to the journey done… Possibly recently… Somewhat justified.

Feb 03, 2013 at 09:22PM EST
Quote

Well I’ve finally found out the one pony that I think (when humanized) should not be a certain race. That’s an African American Pinkie Pie, not being racist it’s just that….well ever look at a picture of a humanized Black Pinkie Pie? I can look at just about any pony as a certain skin tone but once I see Black Pinkie Pie I just laugh my ass off and can never keep a straight face looking at it. Sorry people who think of Pinkie Pie as a black woman but I can’t help but laugh at the sight of Black Pinkie Pie.

Feb 03, 2013 at 10:38PM EST
Quote

@kewln00b

Black Pinkie Pie is best Pinkie Pie

Can you believe I cant’ find an image of the mane six as humans all of them black? Someone needs to fix that.

Last edited Feb 03, 2013 at 11:23PM EST
Feb 03, 2013 at 11:19PM EST
Quote

Disturbed B wrote:

@kewln00b

Black Pinkie Pie is best Pinkie Pie

Can you believe I cant’ find an image of the mane six as humans all of them black? Someone needs to fix that.

I couldn’t help but laugh my ass off at this picture man. I just don’t know what it is about Black Pinkie Pie that makes me want to laugh!

Black Twilight = Don’t feel like laughing
Black Fluttershy = Nothing
Black Rainbow Dash = Pokerface
Black Rarity = I actually like Black Rarity a bit more than other Rarity’s.
Black Applejack = Nothing, I just find it awkward when I see a black person with blonde hair.
Black Pinkie Pie = Funnier than any stand up comedian I’ve seen.

Feb 03, 2013 at 11:24PM EST
Quote


Apparently voice actress April Winchell is going to have a “Leading Role”.
It’s also hinting at a comeback for “Foster’s Home”, which would be sweet.

Feb 04, 2013 at 02:58PM EST
Quote

Windigo with salad wrote:


Apparently voice actress April Winchell is going to have a “Leading Role”.
It’s also hinting at a comeback for “Foster’s Home”, which would be sweet.

My guess would a main character for the show Wonder Over Yonder since that’s gonna be coming soon. Ya know, I can’t wait til that show comes out, but there’s barely any news on it.

Feb 04, 2013 at 03:30PM EST
Quote

@Windigo

Context, plz.

Who’s this Voice actress? Where did she say this? Is there a link? When did she say this?

Feb 04, 2013 at 04:38PM EST

Verbose wrote:

@Windigo

Context, plz.

Who’s this Voice actress? Where did she say this? Is there a link? When did she say this?

Here’s a link
Although, yeah now that I reread this it’s not the shows mentioned she’s working on but an unrelated thing involving Craig and Faust. I got confused by PPG recently confirmed to be rebooting.

Feb 04, 2013 at 04:51PM EST
Quote

@Windigo
Posted in the image gallery too, but yeah, that’s probably a reference to Wonder Over Yonder:

I still don’t know the context (a.k.a. who the lady writing that note is) but the context and timing suggest that she’s talking about that.

@Epic Fail
‘More wings,’ you say?

Oh god, Twilight!
Stop!

Last edited Feb 04, 2013 at 05:34PM EST
Feb 04, 2013 at 05:29PM EST
Quote

Kewln00b? wrote:

I couldn’t help but laugh my ass off at this picture man. I just don’t know what it is about Black Pinkie Pie that makes me want to laugh!

Black Twilight = Don’t feel like laughing
Black Fluttershy = Nothing
Black Rainbow Dash = Pokerface
Black Rarity = I actually like Black Rarity a bit more than other Rarity’s.
Black Applejack = Nothing, I just find it awkward when I see a black person with blonde hair.
Black Pinkie Pie = Funnier than any stand up comedian I’ve seen.

In my beautiful Earth/Equestria-coexisting fandom, Twilight is mixed race (Japanese/Latino), Fluttershy is pale, RD is tan, Rarity is white, AJ is sunburned, and Pinkie is also white.


@Article getting featured:

Feb 04, 2013 at 06:32PM EST
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

Side Note: Linky Link-Link

Great now that the article is featured that means anyone can see me sucking your internet dick. Which I don’t think is a bad thing because you’re so much smarter and better than me in everyway.

They say RandomMan doesn’t sleep…he waits.

Feb 04, 2013 at 07:10PM EST
Quote

Oh hey, The Ponies as human Races thing is back… This is as good a time as any to describe certain aspects of my Headcanon.

Personally, I don’t think I can even call Pinkie as being any “Normal” race of humanity. She’s way too glitchy to MLP reality that even as a human, she’s not going to conform to certain standards such as “Time and Space”. I mean really, that pony is eternal somehow, and she even describes her time on the rock-farm as being how Equestria was made, meaning she is older than the entire continent somehow! (Don’t question Pinkie Pie, she’s somehow Right and we just haven’t figured out how.)

In the end, my best description of humanized Pinkie is “Not Human”. To the point I’m repeatedly forced to think of Human Pinkie as some kind of Vocaloid or other Psudo-Human Anomaly.

The others though, all of them are Ninjas, so I’d say all of them are Asian to some extent. Although I suspect Dash would have some English in her (English soccer/football girl image in my head) as well as a tiny bit of Scottish for all her aggression. Rarity is Chinese. And AJ would be the only one with significant American Roots. For the Remaining two, when in doubt, Japanese.

Feb 04, 2013 at 07:28PM EST
Quote

Windigo with salad wrote:


Apparently voice actress April Winchell is going to have a “Leading Role”.
It’s also hinting at a comeback for “Foster’s Home”, which would be sweet.

Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends

Seriously, I have no words for what will be happening this year. Sounds like there will be many comebacks.

Feb 04, 2013 at 07:29PM EST
Quote

Kewln00b? wrote:

Great now that the article is featured that means anyone can see me sucking your internet dick. Which I don’t think is a bad thing because you’re so much smarter and better than me in everyway.

They say RandomMan doesn’t sleep…he waits.

Feb 04, 2013 at 07:33PM EST
Quote

New topic: Shipping!

I have a very odd ship, so let me explain it a bit. Basically, I ship AJ with Jeff The Killer. Why, you ask? In my headcanon, AJ was born as a human on Earth, and she can transport between Earth and Equestria at will. Jeff met AJ before he went insane. They met when AJ transferred to his school in 2004, when they were twelve. (Currently, Jeff is 21 and AJ is 20.) In June 2005, Jeff went insane. He stayed that way until August. By this point, he had almost fully healed. Save for the white skin and black hair, he had his nose and eyelids, and his “smile” had scabbed up and eventually healed fully. Just before Jeff was about to kill AJ, she managed to convince him this wasn’t who he was, and his sanity came back to him. However, AJ was wrongfully charged as an “accomplice” to Jeff’s crimes, and they were both thrown in an asylum until early December, when Big Mac bailed them out. With AJ’s help, Jeff learned he was also a human/pony, and took on the name “Knife Edge” in Equestria, with his cutie mark being two crossed swords. Also, AJ is a pro skateboarder and Jeff a pro motocross rider.

So there you have it. Questions?

Feb 04, 2013 at 07:42PM EST
Quote

Jimmy "Sniper" Lethal wrote:

New topic: Shipping!

I have a very odd ship, so let me explain it a bit. Basically, I ship AJ with Jeff The Killer. Why, you ask? In my headcanon, AJ was born as a human on Earth, and she can transport between Earth and Equestria at will. Jeff met AJ before he went insane. They met when AJ transferred to his school in 2004, when they were twelve. (Currently, Jeff is 21 and AJ is 20.) In June 2005, Jeff went insane. He stayed that way until August. By this point, he had almost fully healed. Save for the white skin and black hair, he had his nose and eyelids, and his “smile” had scabbed up and eventually healed fully. Just before Jeff was about to kill AJ, she managed to convince him this wasn’t who he was, and his sanity came back to him. However, AJ was wrongfully charged as an “accomplice” to Jeff’s crimes, and they were both thrown in an asylum until early December, when Big Mac bailed them out. With AJ’s help, Jeff learned he was also a human/pony, and took on the name “Knife Edge” in Equestria, with his cutie mark being two crossed swords. Also, AJ is a pro skateboarder and Jeff a pro motocross rider.

So there you have it. Questions?

When it comes to shipping I never ship Rainbow Dash because I have hopes of one of us traveling to the opposite dimension and turning into a pony/human and we will be together forever and ever and there’s not a goddamn thing any of you nerds can do about it MUWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA because umm…..she’s a lesbian hurr durr they must never find out about our love Rainbow Dash, it is forbidden. I’m an avid supporter of Rarity/Crackle though. Don’t know why though….

Feb 04, 2013 at 08:18PM EST
Quote

Shipping, eh?

I usually ship express air mail / por avion. Though for certain orders, USPS™ Media Mail® is the way to go.

Feb 04, 2013 at 08:52PM EST
Quote

I don’t know about all this shipping, but I know who Zecora likes to ship

Last edited Feb 04, 2013 at 10:46PM EST
Feb 04, 2013 at 10:45PM EST
Quote

Isaiah Mustafa / Rarity is my OTP, though I’m willing to tolerate Fabio Lanzoni / Rarity as well.

Feb 04, 2013 at 11:43PM EST
Quote

Shipping is my guilty pleasure. By that, I’m referring to images marked “safe” on Derpibooru. It’s not something I seek out intentionally, but I have more than a few shipping images on my Derpibooru favorites gallery. I guess maybe it’s because since I haven’t ever been in a serious relationship I insert myself into the subject matter.

I don’t have any OTPs (though I do wish more artists would pick up on Rarilane). Instead I like to see the less common or unseen ships. That might be because I don’t like ships that pair members of the Mane 6 together. It just doesn’t make much sense to me. I can only view them as close friends.

One thing I like about shipping is that, because of the lack of cannon relationships, any ship is justifiable as long as you can find enough cute artwork for it.

This is the part where everyone silently judges me from afar.

Last edited Feb 05, 2013 at 12:02AM EST
Feb 04, 2013 at 11:55PM EST
Quote

Muffins:

… I guess maybe it’s because since I haven’t ever been in a serious relationship I insert myself into the subject matter.

Hmm… How is it that I came to a similar conclusion on myself?

There’s a factor that seems to be missing from all the people in real life that makes it impossible for me to be attracted to them. It’s hard to put into words, but I know that it has something to do with a spark of heroism… And here, not even the illusion of it can be found. And Unfortunately, I can’t even lower my standards to “Athletic Girl” or even “Tomboy” because… They don’t ever seem to show up!

And so, in this series where magical Talking Ponies Have Saved each-other, the country, and the world… multiple times… A thousand ships are launched! At once… in a Harem I guess.

Strangely, I’m not so interested in the “Girl Breaks Up with Girl” phase of so many cliche love stories. I’m more interested in finding a story where all the main six are in an open Romantic relationship with all of each-other, and have to juggle the responsibilities inherit with maintaining all of these relationships.

Feb 05, 2013 at 12:36AM EST
Quote


So The Hub seems to have felt the need to further cement its status as one of the best channels in the history of ever. I have no complaints regarding this.

Feb 05, 2013 at 12:58AM EST
Quote

@Jyron

Sounds like a 30-second way to say “Sorry about alicorn Twilight, bros.”

But seriously, The Hub was “due” for a commercial like that. They’ve had the Apple commercial, the Equestria Girls thing, the massive billboard Daniel’s way…nothing new, but pretty cool.


Feb 05, 2013 at 02:04AM EST

Jyron Stone wrote:


So The Hub seems to have felt the need to further cement its status as one of the best channels in the history of ever. I have no complaints regarding this.

Well, I think Dusty Cat just got a new favorite commercial:


More behind-the-scenes info from M. A. Larson!

Feb 05, 2013 at 03:00AM EST
Quote

FINALLY! After about a million edits, I finally finished my post. I had to put it behind a spoiler tag because it’s monstrously large. I broke the image limit, sure, but I broke the character limit, too. Just think of it as two or three posts in one.

Hey guys! It’s been a while.

I recently finished checking out the Twilight Alicorn Controversy entry. Those “Thanks M.A. Larson” gifs are pretty funny.

Anyway, you guys may remember me saying I was going to write up why I like Rarity. Or maybe you don’t, because that was nearly a month ago. Whatever. Point is, I’m finished. Or at least, I’m as close to finishing as I care to be because I got bored from typing up so much.

HERE IT IS:

Simply Rarity: A Comprehensive Guide to the Most Fabulous Pony

GENEROSITY

One of the interesting things about Rarity is that she is meant to defy stereotypes. While her basic personality is built around the vain material-girl stereotypes that repelled male viewers from a lot of girl shows in the first place, making her the Element of Generosity completely changes her character dynamic. “Sweet and Elite,” is a great example of her generosity being tested. When Fancy Pants invites her to the Wonderbolts race, of course she accepts! She still has plenty of time to make Twilight’s dress and gets to hang out with a big shot celebrity. Don’t tell me you guys wouldn’t put off something like that to hang out with someone like Lauren Faust or Tara Strong for a day. The upcoming scene though, is one of my favorite examples of her generosity. When approached by the triad of aristocrats inviting her to their social gatherings, she initially turns them down to work on Twilight’s dress instead. They eventually persuade her otherwise, however, by telling her how the events will be pointless without her. That’s when I realized something important about Rarity: she not only defies the materialistic typecasting through her generosity, but also through the way she goes about being generous. That is to say, generosity isn’t all about tangible things you can give like dresses, capes, and tails/moustaches; Rarity is also generous with her time. Even knowing her attendance will likely put her far behind on making her friend’s gift, she goes anyway. Not just for selfish reasons, but because she would like to help out her new Canterlot friends as well as Twilight Sparkle. Granted, this poor decision is what led her to make the poor decision that got her into the mess at the end, but it also led to my favorite song in the series, so I’ll forgive her. :V

CREATIVITY

Celestia forbid I list “making dresses” as something relatable to a bunch of guys on the internet, but it actually is for a lot of us. Fashion has always been a predominately effeminate thing in the past, so I didn’t really got into that aspect of her character at first. But I do love art and music. Back when I was still lurking deviantart, I had made a few friends that offered commissions, and one that had a career in game art. “Suited for Success” reminded me of conversations we had about picky commissioners requesting artwork be changed or redone, or in the case of the game artist, employers dissatisfied with the proposed character or map designs given in rough sketches. From that point on, I saw Rarity in a whole new light. She’s the token artist of the series, and I love that about her! It also makes her seem much less vain. Think of it this way, what if your favorite musician or game developer put out a really shitty album/game? Shouldn’t they be distraught by that? If they make an excellent one, is it bad for them to feel proud? Same deal here. The key difference being that Rarity herself is the makeshift canvas for her art, making her pride in it seem more egotistical than pride in other forms of artistic expression. But it doesn’t bother me now, because I realize her “vanity” is no different than Fifths sharing his songs with us, Exudes sharing his art, etcetera.

CORDIALITY

A lot of people like Rainbow Dash because of her drive to be the best at what she does. Similarly, people admire Twilight Sparkle’s ongoing attempts to become more knowledgable in regards to magic. What I like about Rarity is that she has a similar drive of self-betterment, but her interests are social, rather than mental or physical. Her love for high society, and yearning for popularity are all reflections of her endeavors to better herself in social regards. Some individuals just believe her to be an attention-starved snob without thinking as to why one would want to be in high society. Sure, many people think of individuals like Blue Blood making up the aristocracy, rather than ones like Fancy Pants and what desirable traits they represent. Rarity always tries to be not just sociable, but polite and amiable to everyone. Sure, she doesn’t always succeed in this regard, but Dash and Twi screw up too so shut up.

(Fancy Pants also needs more screen time)

ATTITUDE

Who’s the most badass out of all the ponies? That’s right, Rarity. Now, she may be a lady of class, but that doesn’t mean she puts up with anyone’s bull shit. She’s kicked a manticore in the face, punched a changeling, flash kicked Applejack under the influence of Discord, and looked damn good doing it.

Count yourself lucky she’s more into fashion. She’d whip your ass in a bar brawl. Yes, you. Don’t kid yourself, you’re kind of a pussy.

TABITHA ST GERMAIN

Okay, now that I’ve covered her basic personality traits, I’m going to start going over other random external factors. Tabitha St. Germain, nuff said. She voiced Rarity, Luna, Derpy, Granny Smith, Photo Finish… she’s pretty amazing. Pretty much every episode where Rarity gets a line, she has one of the more memorable quotes.

Personally, I’m not too thrilled with her appearances this season. I’m just going to repost some words of wisdom from The_Matthew from EQD now, as I would like to share this well worded statement as to what’s wrong:

I’m disappointed with the way Rarity has been used this season. I accept that she’s probably a difficult pony to write for, given that she’s tied to her work more than any other character and the target audience is more than a decade away from understanding the concept of working for a living, but she’s been given particularly poor treatment this year. It often seems that the only reason she puts in an appearance is so she can be used as a prop in a joke.

She’s always been a bit of a drama queen, and that’s sometimes been part of her charm, but now it’s reached the point where it has passed beyond caricature. On top of that, more and more she’s been shown as selfish and thoughtless for the sake of a throwaway line. In her last major appearance (Sweet and Elite) the main source of conflict for Rarity was that she was trying frantically to please eneryone and couldn’t manage it. Now, for the benefit of a quick laugh, she’s shown as being vain and completely self-absorbed. She has far greater depth of character than that, and she needs to be shown with far greater depth of character than that.

One of Lauren Faust’s intentions when creating Friendship is Magic was to have it driven by strong female characters. Rarity, while unquestionably the most feminine of the ponies, is running her business entirely by herself, handling design, manufacture, retail and advertising, yet still finds time for her friends whenever they need her. She’s the epitome of the strong, independent yet caring character. Portraying her as a stereotypical upper class idiot goes against what the series is supposed to be about. This sweet and gentle pony deserves better, and so do we.

Bravo, sir! Well said.

Last edited Feb 05, 2013 at 04:53AM EST
Feb 05, 2013 at 04:50AM EST
Quote

(continued, due to surpassing the 10,000 character limit)

Also, I am in desperate need of help, and I trust you guys to come through for me! I have this monstrous folder dedicated to Rarity, but I don’t have any pictures dedicated to the most adorable little sister ever! If you could find it in your heart to stop by my wall and donate some Sweetie Belle, I would be most appreciative.

As for the shipping topic, Fancy Pants x Rarity is best ship. I would like to see an episode with the two of them hanging out, and Spike getting jealous, trying to sabotage them.

However, despite Rarity and Fancy Pants being a perfect match, Rarishy has the best fanart. It also sounds much better than Raripants.

Now stop asking before I have to make a shipping folder.

Last edited Feb 05, 2013 at 04:54AM EST
Feb 05, 2013 at 04:53AM EST
Quote

@Jackal Lantern

You missed One detail

Rarity seems to have something of a knack for concealing her more useful traits under a facade.

It’s kinda a reverse of what other characters do. She’s hiding a strong core beneath a fragile and elegant shell. While some-pony like Rainbow Dash is hiding that she’s imperfect albeit still strong, beneath a cover that says “I’m the greatest”.

It gets to the point where she’s equally competent as the others at combat, but she’s pretending she isn’t to get the upper hand.

She’s kinda like a Diamond… She looks nice, and although you wouldn’t know it from looking at her she can cut through steel.

…Anyways, Rarity’s at least on par with the other ponies outside of the viewer’s personal opinions on preferred personality traits.

…I still like Rainbow Dash more, but mostly just cause I prefer Tomboys… which for some reason are extremely rare in this city. Just like every Personality Type I’d go for.

Last edited Feb 05, 2013 at 06:10AM EST
Feb 05, 2013 at 06:09AM EST
Quote

Shipping, eh? Looks like you guys get a sneak peek at what I’ve got queued up for to on my sideblog.

Flutterdash is good too, and Rarijack. But that one is my favorite, for some reason.

Feb 05, 2013 at 10:16AM EST
Quote

Once again I feel the need to post something off topic and random… but I must! I must!

Anyone here into Warhammer 40k? Here’s a neat little picture I saw over on BoLS…

So, instead of being possessed by daemons, Chaos Space Marines are now being possessed by… ponies? Yep, someone made that apparently.

I didn’t think my love of Warhammer and my love of Ponies would ever cross over… never have I been so wrong!

Last edited Feb 05, 2013 at 12:18PM EST
Feb 05, 2013 at 12:17PM EST
Quote

Bravo, Jackal Lantern! You have reminded me why I love Rarity oh so much! I really have been disappointed with Rarity’s appearances this season (especially in Just for Sidekicks) especially because it just reinforces the Rarity haters’ opinion that she is a shallow, selfish gold digger.

Feb 05, 2013 at 01:24PM EST
Quote

Rarity is a selfish cunt who does all the stallions for cheap gems.

Feb 05, 2013 at 01:32PM EST
Quote

Sigh I found out I’ll be working on Saturday from 10 AM to 2 PM. Bad news, they cut my hours by more than half. Worse news, I won’t get to see My Little Pony in the morning as the new episode begins at 9:30 and I have to leave at 9:45 to get to work so it’s not worth it to watch it in the morning. This will be the first time since the Derpy Episode (Guest starring Applejack) I will have missed an episode in the morning. I am saddened.

In other news I saw a box of My Little Pony fruit snacks at the grocery store. I didn’t want to buy them because I don’t want to eat the ponies! But then I saw the pictures of the snacks on the back and they’re all Generation 3 ponies so I feel no regret for wanting to eat them. But at the same time I don’t want to go anywhere near Generation 3 MLP ANYTHING.

Feb 05, 2013 at 05:26PM EST
Quote

I ship the Mane Six with…

Applejack – Jeff The Killer (Sue me.)

Dashie – Gilda (Sue me.)

Twilight – Socially incapable. XD

Pinkie – She’s like the village bicycle. Everypony’s had a ride! (Austin Powers reference.)

Flutters – Again, socially incapable.

Rarity – Never really thought of it. shrug

Feb 05, 2013 at 05:33PM EST
Quote


(For those who didn’t want to click on Verbose’s link, Daniel Ingram updated his list of credits listing 91 episodes of My Little Pony across four seasons thus confirming another 26 episodes coming for season 4!)

Now let’s just hope that they tell us when the new season will be coming without leaving us wallowing in months of uncertainty like last year!

Feb 05, 2013 at 06:14PM EST
Quote

There was a sale stuff made of paper at the library. Books of music were selling for a quarter each. I decided to blow 20$. Now my room looks like it got hit by a musical hurricane. Worth it.

Feb 05, 2013 at 07:04PM EST
Quote

When my second post didn’t come close to the character limit, I knew I was forgetting something. Fighting is Magic! For those of you who are interested, I found two different wikis on the subject that you might find of interest.

This wiki denotes the exact numerical amount of damage done by each attack, special effects like multi-hits and overheads, and shows the controls in simple visual diagrams. I recommend this one if you want to play, but have less experience at fighters.

The other is a bit more complicated, replacing the visual diagrams with numbers representing directional inputs. However, this one seems to be more thorough. It has a lot of helpful details such as a list of notable normals, images showing off the hitboxes, and a list of combos that are good to get you started. They even have a chart listing frame data for every attack!

Of course, this information is only from the leaked version, and is subject to change. Not to mention, some stuff was not available back then, so sorry, pegasi fans! Personally I planned on maining Rarity, even back when purplesmart was my favorite. I was glad to see the input for her anti-air gems was just down-down. I thought those went off the shoryuken input, so I always wondered how they managed to do that input multiple times in succession in order to do her projectile-based juggle combos. And the down-down input reminds me even more of Anakaris, due to his coffin drop working similarly and having the same input. I might be picking a lot of Pinkie, too. Cross-up fighters are usually my strength.

@ZeroBlue

Good points. I did kind of try to cover that in the section regarding attitude, though I covered that section a bit more briefly than others due to getting tired of spending so much time typing all that up.

I wouldn’t say that she plays down her combat ability to get the upper hand, however. Rather, it’s just her values. She doesn’t hold toughness in as high a regard as Rainbow Dash, so any sense of her downplaying such ability is simply due to her lack of need to display such prowess. She’s a classy lady. She isn’t going to fight when it isn’t absolutely necessary. After all, she didn’t downplay anything when she kicked that manticore in the face, or when she was punching those changelings!

@Crimson Locks

Thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed reading it. Hell, I’m just glad anyone actually took the time to read all of that. XD

At least with 26 episodes confirmed next season, we stand a far better chance of getting some good Rarity episodes. Maybe if we’re lucky, she’ll make a decent appearance in the remaining episodes of this season.

@Random Man

YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU RAPSCALLION!

Feb 05, 2013 at 08:07PM EST
Quote

Jackal Lantern wrote:

When my second post didn’t come close to the character limit, I knew I was forgetting something. Fighting is Magic! For those of you who are interested, I found two different wikis on the subject that you might find of interest.

This wiki denotes the exact numerical amount of damage done by each attack, special effects like multi-hits and overheads, and shows the controls in simple visual diagrams. I recommend this one if you want to play, but have less experience at fighters.

The other is a bit more complicated, replacing the visual diagrams with numbers representing directional inputs. However, this one seems to be more thorough. It has a lot of helpful details such as a list of notable normals, images showing off the hitboxes, and a list of combos that are good to get you started. They even have a chart listing frame data for every attack!

Of course, this information is only from the leaked version, and is subject to change. Not to mention, some stuff was not available back then, so sorry, pegasi fans! Personally I planned on maining Rarity, even back when purplesmart was my favorite. I was glad to see the input for her anti-air gems was just down-down. I thought those went off the shoryuken input, so I always wondered how they managed to do that input multiple times in succession in order to do her projectile-based juggle combos. And the down-down input reminds me even more of Anakaris, due to his coffin drop working similarly and having the same input. I might be picking a lot of Pinkie, too. Cross-up fighters are usually my strength.

@ZeroBlue

Good points. I did kind of try to cover that in the section regarding attitude, though I covered that section a bit more briefly than others due to getting tired of spending so much time typing all that up.

I wouldn’t say that she plays down her combat ability to get the upper hand, however. Rather, it’s just her values. She doesn’t hold toughness in as high a regard as Rainbow Dash, so any sense of her downplaying such ability is simply due to her lack of need to display such prowess. She’s a classy lady. She isn’t going to fight when it isn’t absolutely necessary. After all, she didn’t downplay anything when she kicked that manticore in the face, or when she was punching those changelings!

@Crimson Locks

Thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed reading it. Hell, I’m just glad anyone actually took the time to read all of that. XD

At least with 26 episodes confirmed next season, we stand a far better chance of getting some good Rarity episodes. Maybe if we’re lucky, she’ll make a decent appearance in the remaining episodes of this season.

@Random Man

YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU RAPSCALLION!

I hope there will be some too, and I also hope Scootaloo gets another episode next season.

Feb 05, 2013 at 11:10PM EST
Quote

I have to say, I’ve hated Rarity my fair share in the past, but those days are over. These recent weeks have marked the birth of a new man, a new ExudesAffluence, one in tune with his inner Rarity fan. She isn’t my favorite pony, because Daring Do is and will always be best pony (though the absence of Daring Do fan art featuring Rarity is rather alarming), but she’s a darn good one.

But you messed up on one point, Jackal. I do share my work out of pure vanity.

Incidentally, ska music is best music.

Last edited Feb 05, 2013 at 11:30PM EST
Feb 05, 2013 at 11:27PM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!