Forums / General

195,800 total conversations in 5,393 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10,167 conversations with 235 participants

chowzburgerz wrote:

Fine, leave. See if I care. Instead of answering my question, you become an annoying Grammar Nazi.


I kid, I kid. I’m not correcting your grammar; I’m saying that posing the question of what the mane 6 would look like as fetuses is a bit… odd.
Also, about pony fetuses. I know a guy, who knows a guy… [Gore/Grimdark/NSFW]

Last edited Sep 15, 2012 at 09:53PM EDT
Sep 15, 2012 at 09:39PM EDT
Quote

Caramel wrote:


I kid, I kid. I’m not correcting your grammar; I’m saying that posing the question of what the mane 6 would look like as fetuses is a bit… odd.
Also, about pony fetuses. I know a guy, who knows a guy… [Gore/Grimdark/NSFW]

Ok ok, I get it. Man, my rusted jimmies level was at code yellow.

Sep 15, 2012 at 09:42PM EDT
Quote

HAyyyyyy..,. Guesss whut paege it isss!
An, jussin casee yer wunderin:

Sep 15, 2012 at 10:01PM EDT
Quote

Bruno wrote:

Why Pregnant ponies are so cute?

Pyro wrote:

That’s pretty damn adorable

Chowzburgerz wrote:

I like these pregnant ponies. I wonder what the Mane 6 would look like in their mothers’ wombs?

Really? Surely I can’t be the only one who finds these images a little unsettling. The comics with Dash and Soarin aren’t too bad, but I’m still not completely sold on them. It just seems like taking a ship one level too far to me, but to each their own I guess.

For those other ones though… there’s just something about seeing ponies with ridiculously swollen abdomens that seems a little off. After spending a considerable amount of time bracing myself, I tried Googling ‘pregnant horse’ just for the sake of finding a real-life comparison, and I was correct in my assumption that they don’t get anywhere near that big IRL. I also don’t like some of the implications of those pictures: notice that in both they’re staring directly at the viewer and blushing. Sure, there’s a chance that the artists did that just so they’d look ‘cute’ (in which case I’d say they’re failing), but knowing this fandom, I’m guessing that there’s more to it than that.

Sep 16, 2012 at 05:21AM EDT
Quote

@Algernon

You aren’t the only one. I feel really uncanny over it as well.

The pregnancy thing may have been going on for a while like in that knocked-up Scootaloo tumblr. But that didn’t really phase me. Pregnancy was only being used there as a plot device.

It’s those images of the mane6 all pleasantly lying on couches with bellies big enough to be holding octuplets that caught my attention for the same reasons as you.

Then again we could both be bias in our sentiment based on our impression of babies. Do you see them as miraculous additions to life or terrifying poop machines?

Last edited Sep 16, 2012 at 05:46AM EDT
Sep 16, 2012 at 05:40AM EDT
Quote

ok can someone please tell me what’s happening to the community here?

i complained about the latest major increase in NSFW pics in the pony gallary. not just anthro bikinis or anything. im talking REAL sexual pictures.

yes my complaint was very impolite and quite rude but that’s not a good reson to completly disregard my arguement.

so basically everyone said that it’s their right to post whatever they want, pony porn apearently should be allowed to be poseted on KYM because it’s their right and that im an intolorant prick that should just deal with it.

so wanting a SFW site to stay SFW is too much to ask now?

what the hell is going on with this community?

Sep 16, 2012 at 05:59AM EDT
Quote

If there’s Porn in the pony gallery, give links to said offending pictures to the mods. They’ll remove them.

@Algernon’s and BSoD’s pregnant discussion:

I don’t find pregnant ponies to be distracting, I guess living in a country with a high birthrate means pregnant women don’t phase you anymore.

As for the size of the belly.. Where’s that stupid expert Farmhand brony we had lying around?

Sep 16, 2012 at 06:18AM EDT
Quote

@JJ

People don’t disapprove of your point (In fact I saw several people agree with you). They disapprove of how you conveyed it

Making complaint images in the Gallery is look down upon. Don’t do that.

If you see porn, report it. The mods delete porn on sight and the people who uploaded it will be banned if they keep it up. I believe Advance has already been given warnings.

Quickly looking at the gallery, I can see plenty of suggestive stuff still there but no borderline porn. I’m guessing what you saw was already removed.

Sep 16, 2012 at 06:54AM EDT
Quote

@JollyJew
Okay, what?
Explicit material is directly against site rules and, as has been said, will be deleted by mods almost immediately so there really isn’t anything to complain about there.
Now, there are quite a lot of ‘suggestive’ pictures in the gallery that heavily imply sex and could easily be considered NSFW while not being explicit, per se.
Things like this (literally censored porn)?

Or this (clean art of porn characters)?

Or even this (clean art based on porn meme)?

I have no problem with people complaining about borderline content like that.
It’s a good discussion to have to determine the nature of the site going forward.
Problem is, you uploaded all of those pictures Jolly Jew, along with dozens of other ‘saucy’ images that almost anyone would consider NSFW.
Please don’t complain about the degradation of the image gallery, and KYM community, into smut while actively contributing to it.
That annoys me far more than any poorly phrased complaint you may have made.

Sorry for the little rant.
Back to ponies!

Sep 16, 2012 at 08:01AM EDT
Quote

@Jolly Jew’s complaint.

Yes I agree that the image gallery is very NSFW. And even though most of the pictures are “implied” it still carries a strong message that I don’t agree with so I stay away from the gallery most days.

In my opinion, I think the perfect solution would be a “Saucy” MLP image gallery (for pictures that aren’t just straight-up porn), and a strict SFW MLP image gallery for us tight-asses.

Sep 16, 2012 at 08:42AM EDT
Quote

Jolly Jew wrote:

ok can someone please tell me what’s happening to the community here?

i complained about the latest major increase in NSFW pics in the pony gallary. not just anthro bikinis or anything. im talking REAL sexual pictures.

yes my complaint was very impolite and quite rude but that’s not a good reson to completly disregard my arguement.

so basically everyone said that it’s their right to post whatever they want, pony porn apearently should be allowed to be poseted on KYM because it’s their right and that im an intolorant prick that should just deal with it.

so wanting a SFW site to stay SFW is too much to ask now?

what the hell is going on with this community?

You don’t get to upload pics like this and then say “what is wrong with the community”, I don’t approve of that extra line there, and it’s not just that picture.

First it was only you, and we asked you to tone down the suggestive stuff, but the old pics you used to post are outright TAME (note all the downvotes on one of the safest pics, I don’t know where this gallery is going….) compared to what everyone (and you, calling it “message” does not make it less sexual) is posting now.
I don’t mind tasteful nudity on a humanized character, or adult-themes applied in a funny manner to incite laughter, but those pics have one purpose and that’s to flare up sexual-drives, such content is not welcome here.


Yes it started as a way by trolls to rustle jimmies, and then it expanded to self-proclaimed “Jimmie-rustlers” bronies who seemingly like to watch their fellow pony-enthusiasts being hurt and/or angry.
But now Brand New Members and Gold Members and users that joined only one month ago upload suggestive anthro pics on the gallery.

It’s like furry Yiff fandom 2.0 in there. you should realize that many people first learned about MLP from KYM, things like this will only repel curious would-be bronies and makes bronies as a whole more shunned from the internet.

I don’t see the Homestuck gallery or any other fandom’s gallery choked with suggestive and adult-material like the MLP one.

Not to mention that if you type “My Little Pony gallery” in Google, the first result would be KYM’s gallery, if a little girl wanted to see pics of her favorite ponies she’d be viewing the KYM gallery…. you know what that means, we are NOT the majority of the viewers nor the intended demographic, our interest may help Hasbro but it is NOT the main source of income, don’t ruin this show for its ended audience.

INB4 why don’t you just ignore it.
I have been ignoring it for the longest time, but curious would-be bronies, and curious people in general won’t, it would just seem that they stepped into some sort of fetish community that wants to fuck cartoon candy-colored miniature horses, that is what it would seem like to them.

Heck, I’ve been ignoring paheal and it’s 16,000 pictures of pony porn, you don’t see me going there and bashing them, because that is where those pics belong.
KYM? no so much…

This is not about cloppers vs. anti-cloppers, do that somewhere else, this is about what’s appropriate for KYM (and the face of the fandom that we show to the public) Vs. what’s NOT appropriate.



There’s a point where this has to stop, and we’ve clearly passed it.



I know you want to “rustle jimmies”, but please do that in a way that doesn’t ruin an already-crumbling fandom’s reputation.

I can go to paheal and post pony porn pics all day on the gallery, but what would that accomplish?

Heck if your goal is to rustle, then maybe you should do a better job at it, since rarely does a negative comment gets posted on your suggestive pics, what you are doing is causing more bronies (the MAJORITY of which are non-cloppers, let me remind you.) get called pedophile, furfag, zoophile and horsefucker on the internet.

In the end people would stop wanting to be called “brony” anymore, many people already dropped that title.

It’s not that we don’t love you guys, you have a lot of safe contributions to the gallery, and I thank you for that, but please, PLEASE no need to advertise your fetishes in the inappropriate places, if you really feel the need to go to tumblr, r/clopclop, /mlp/, paheal, Equestria After Dark… etc etc. ( I would link everyone of those, but It would be called posting porn on the forums, and I don’t want to get banned, also you can use google.)

And if you’re not cloppers, then please, why do you feel the need to rustle your fellow bronies’ jimmies as well? Don’t they deserve Love and Tolerance from you? the same thing you ask all the time of them?


JJ, Bruno, Advance (OMG u caled it ninrustle so funeh!!1!) (A safe page from a PORN comic, GENIUS!), Joe (Copying Advance are we now? well you did make it a furry porn comic, so extra rustle points for that.), El Slinker…. and others….. (Yes that includes you too Dr. Gregory Horse)

Please, I’m not hating on you, and I do think that JJ’s way of saying it was inappropriate (if not hypocritical as well), just think of the other people who go this site, and like ponies because of their innocence.

Some people like Verbose and Opspe has gotten their real-life name and career tied to the title of “Brony”.

I’m just surprised that bronies can be so uncaring about the feelings of their fellow fandom-followers…. If non-cloppers trolling on cloppers is wrong, why isn’t cloppers trolling non-cloppers the same?


@Omni:
A saucy pony gallery does exist, just go to Derpibooru and type “questionable” in the search box, if more explict things are your cup of tea then paheal is the way to go.
KYM hosts NEITHER of those things, we don’t need adult galleries on KYM, a family-friendly site.

Last edited Sep 16, 2012 at 09:25AM EDT
Sep 16, 2012 at 08:58AM EDT
Quote

Jolly Jew wrote:

ok can someone please tell me what’s happening to the community here?

i complained about the latest major increase in NSFW pics in the pony gallary. not just anthro bikinis or anything. im talking REAL sexual pictures.

yes my complaint was very impolite and quite rude but that’s not a good reson to completly disregard my arguement.

so basically everyone said that it’s their right to post whatever they want, pony porn apearently should be allowed to be poseted on KYM because it’s their right and that im an intolorant prick that should just deal with it.

so wanting a SFW site to stay SFW is too much to ask now?

what the hell is going on with this community?

I hope you realize that by bringing up the topic, you’ve opened the floodgates for people to post porn in response.

Sep 16, 2012 at 09:54AM EDT
Quote

@X-singular
This.
A thousand times this.
I finally decided to avoid the FiM gallery altogether until Season 3’s out, when hopefully there will be more content to post about, and thus hopefully less incentive to post sauciness. If that doesn’t become the case, I’ll changing me hiatus to a permanent leave.
I’m bothered by some of the images that are posted there, which I’ve mentioned in the past, but what bothers me more is that those who post them seemingly don’t hold any regard for outside parties that might be curious about the fandom.

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:05AM EDT
Quote

Looking at X’s example pics

Holy shit! I stopped looking at the gallery long ago simply because it moved too fast for me but oh wow how did those things get past the image mods?!

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:30AM EDT
Quote

Well, I finally found the rules.

“Absolutely no pornographic or gore material on the site. This includes, but is not limited to, the forums, image uploads, and comments on: meme entries, profiles, images, and any other communication mediums on the site.”

What they upload isn’t pornographic (nor gore). Maybe Nsfw for some people BUT it follows the rules.
We can all agree that some people dislike this but really, if you approach these pictures with an objective judgement it is pretty good the most of time, uh… Here’s an example. :

I am not gay. There is some gay pictures (not many, actually) on KYM and
-If I act like if this picture was made for me I would say “Oh, no, it doesn’t suit to me, it’s disgusting, etc” and thumbs it down. It’s not the good way as it’s not for me at all.
-If I accept that these pictures are not supposed to please me, I can go ahead with an objective judgement and say “oh, yes, that’s well drawn, the art doesn’t screw the reality, it’s a pretty good picture” and thumbs it up or ignore it instead. That’s what you should do, I guess, but it’s up to you.

End of the discussion (?), exept If you find a conflicting rule.
Sorry for the bad english… hem, I think I did well didn’t I ?

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:37AM EDT
Quote

Oh hi there Popper nice to see you! And Happy B-Day

You seem to be right in time for yet another shitstorm. Lets get it over with.

So I’m talking to X and I’m actually relieved to see someone stand up and offer to do something about it. While JJ has never really explained his point very well. The truth is he had always been right about something: That all the questionable content could very well be damaging the Brony image since the KYM MLP gallery happens to be one of the more publicly visible galleries that non-bronies will visit in order to understand Bronies.

After all KYM is the place people are going to go towards to learn things and if they are learning about Bronies then see loads of implied horse sex positions, we cannot trust people aren’t going to assume the worst.

We have the power to stop all these jimmies getting rustled, why don’t we? Is it because it would be too much trouble moderating all that content?

Well X tells me that he is willing to moderate the MLP image gallery himself and completely clean it of questionable content that belongs on Pony smut sites. He’s offering to do it at the expense of his own free time.

I fully support this action if X can do that. Why wouldn’t we want to keep the MLP image gallery perfectly SFW and clean? The only thing you would have to worry about is the cloppers complaining but KYM doesn’t need to cater to them. If you want clop there are other places for that. A SFW meme website is no such place.

I nominate X-singular for MLP image gallery janitor


“But BSOD, arent you the one usually telling people not to make such a huge deal over this sort of thing?” you ask

Here’s the deal: For a long time we’ve all kept silent on the softcore porn. We’ve been hard on legit porn and made it clear there are to be no visible titties anywhere but it seems after all the R34 shitstorms we’ve had we have just sort of given up on drawing a hard line and allowed people to upload as much softcore porn as they want. We became too exhausted to chase up every single person who posts something that someone else might not like and really it is exhausting when people see a horse wearing a bra and scream the Devil. Some people do need to get over it and grow up.

That’s whats been happening over the past year: exhaustion. We don’t like that there is smut in the image gallery but we’re just tired of constantly hearing about it so we’ve been painfully silent on this matter for the longest time. The problem just wont go away though.

I’m not saying that we failed here because on the flipside we did learn to be more tolerant and respectful of all kinds of Bronies, even the cloppers. That’s a good thing. We needed that development.

But as X said: this is NOT about Cloppers vs Non-cloppers. We don’t need to argue that anymore. This is now about what is best for KYM

What’s best for KYM? Well here’s a suggestion: people are calling for the MLP Image gallery to be labeled NSFW. Is that it? No. That is not the direction we want to go so something does need to be done eventually. I can’t see the solution being anything other than a redirection of the offending content

It’s time for us to face the fact that all the sexual content is constant ongoing source of headaches no matter how much we ignore it and it will not go away for as long as it is present. The only solution is to take it somewhere else.

Why not here?.

All the clop can go there and I have made that point many times: It’s an excellent compromise that can make everyone happy. We just need people to actually follow through with that plan.

X says he can enforce that. I believe him.

TL;DR SUMMARY

  • Give X-singular power to remove/move imagery that can be deemed questionable
  • Questionable means the image carries enough implied sexuality to disturb the non-debauched, or rather anything that Derpibooru would call questionable
  • If the questionable image does NOT contribute to any know trend or meme it should be removed
  • If the questionable image does contribute to any known trend or meme it should be moved to the clopping gallery
  • No penalty given to offending posters
  • All this moderation on X’s part will be done covertly without warning to avoid shitstorms
Last edited Sep 16, 2012 at 10:53AM EDT
Sep 16, 2012 at 10:41AM EDT
Quote

69 page long thread on Ponies…
Massive TL;DR
See recent posts…
Hmmm interesting…
at any rate since I feel like deviating from the main focus… how about them reposts we see… oh look a new image… days later…wasnt this just up… (rage). There needs to be a day where we purge the gallery of images pertaining to reposts and any forgotten images that are explicitly against site rules… just saying… anyway im going to disappear from this thread again…don’t know when i’ll be back.

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:52AM EDT
Quote

@JollyJew

>Explicit porn shouldn’t be allowed in the image gallery
>You don’t need to act like a jerk to convey this point

Argument /done

@Popper

Hey everyone, I feel like doing another musical portrait of a pony. Anyone got any ideas?

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:57AM EDT
Quote

Oh yea, that’s another thing with the Gallery. The constant reposts. People complain about that too. But X would be able to manage that as well.

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:06AM EDT
Quote

@X-singular: I… Feel ashamed

That’s a lot of thing to reflect. I think I speak for Joe, Advance and El Slinker when I say we use the term “Jimmy rustler” for fun. And I post that “saucy” pictures because is something interesting, it’s a fine piece of art or something like that. I avoid posting things that “over-rustle” the jimmies, but indeed, that have a limint.

And JOLLY JEW, YOU ARE NOT HELPING AT ALL, YOU post such pictures as well.

Last edited Sep 16, 2012 at 11:27AM EDT
Sep 16, 2012 at 11:25AM EDT
Quote

@Deadparrot: …Huh. You ponfied the SR1.
Swingandamiss, man. Swingandamiss.

@Fifths: I agree with you. That pony’s mouth is just… it’s like pulled ten inches away from its mouth. I mean, that can’t be healthy.

@Onion: >mfw that last picture

@Twins: Tell me; how do starships hug people?
I’m all for this, but seriously that might be a problem considering I have no arms or arm analogues.

@X: Psssssssh 2d6. I have way more than 12 hit points.
…you like Rainbow Dash, don’t you Squidward?

@BrunOC: …That actually looks sorta cool. I pin that on the armor.

@Alex: Sex.
How else you think they are?

@Chowz:

@Too much Rule 34: …I would have said something, but A. I can’t really be arsed to make a tl;dr post on anything and B. most of the points have already been brought up by the ones who can be arsed to.
Realistically, if this is a SFW website, NSFW pictures don’t belong here. It’s logic.
I also support giving X the power to move those pictures. He knows what he’s doing.

Picture-wise, have Cyberjack.

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:34AM EDT
Quote

@ POPPERFET:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAN!
Really bad timing, I’m REALLY sorry. if you posted one minute sooner I wouldn’t have started this subject.


@Tsouki:

When a pony-dedicated site like Derpibooru thinks that it’s better to spoiler those pics, and KYM doesn’t, then we are doing something wrong.
A lot of users are complaining about this, including ones who actually partake in these activities (looking at you JJ), that means something is amiss.


The thing is, KYM has very few image-mods / janitors.
That position is almost forgotten now, we all know that RandomMan has enough work as is, and the pony gallery is the most active gallery in the history of KYM.
The Image mod position needs to be revived, if not for all of KYM than at least for it’s biggest gallery.

Image mods have no power over users, and are in fact the bottom of the mod-chain.
I daily lurk the MLP image gallery anyway, but if I am deemed unworthy of Janitor status, then at least put someone else there, RandomMan gets tons of requests and listening to them all only stand in the way of his Entry moderation duties.


EDIT
@Bruno, Joe:
It was never my intention to make you feel ashamed, I just wanted you to feel aware of your fellow bronies’ feelings, the cloppers matter as much as the non-cloppers.
What is actually disturbing me is the Brand New Members and Gold members who are posting saucy pictures too, it became a norm of sorts because of you guys’ antics.
There is a place for those things, and the KYM gallery is simply not one of them, thanks for understanding Bruno.
Maybe it’s time to let those jimmies unrustle for good.

Last edited Sep 16, 2012 at 11:51AM EDT
Sep 16, 2012 at 11:37AM EDT
Quote

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

@X-singular: I… Feel ashamed

That’s a lot of thing to reflect. I think I speak for Joe, Advance and El Slinker when I say we use the term “Jimmy rustler” for fun. And I post that “saucy” pictures because is something interesting, it’s a fine piece of art or something like that. I avoid posting things that “over-rustle” the jimmies, but indeed, that have a limint.

And JOLLY JEW, YOU ARE NOT HELPING AT ALL, YOU post such pictures as well.

You’ve earned my undying love along with Advance.

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:38AM EDT
Quote

@X-Singular and BSoD

Oh goodie, a birthday shitstorm!


Anyway, my argument:

I can see two sides to this argument, and like X-Singular said, its not cloppers vs. non-cloppers, its what’s acceptable and not acceptable.

First, let’s observe the clopping community and Pony r34, or actually, just the 34th Rule of the Internet:

“Rule 34: There is porn of it; no exceptions”

To be honest, this is both a joke and harsh truth. The wording suggests that any object at any time can be fapped to by someone in the world.

At the same time, it describes the extent of pornography across the internet, including the steady rise in fandom-related pornography. Characters from all across the genres and movie serials are now being drawn by artists in sexual or sensual positions.

Now, is Poni the only fandom to suffer from this?

Absolutely Not!

Porn exists across nearly every, if not ALL, fandoms that exist. In one way or another, it exists. Name a series. Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Spongebob, Super Mario, the Simpsons, Family Guy, Avatar: the Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, Fairly Odd Parents, Powerpuff Girls, Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends, Marvel Universe, Sonic, Mass Effect, Team Fortress, Left4Dead, etc.

You’re going to find some porn in ALL of those fandoms

But is Poni the fandom that is most controversial for this?

Possibly

The reason being this: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic IS a show intended at a younger audience, which happens to be feminine in majority.

The fact is BRONIES are a fandom based upon this show, which was created so that older audiences can tolerate it too (which the bronies actually developed a love for the show because of that). We are estimated 14 – 23 year olds who are both male and female who happen to watch the show too.

But here’s where the problems start: little girls don’t know about sex or porn, and do not have drawing or writing skills. So are they making the porn?

Nope.

Members of the Brony Fandom do.

The teenage to adult MALES (and females) of the Brony Community make the porn, because they are old enough have the necessary skills, and the mindsets, to do it.

That’s why we are a controversy

It’s because we stick out like a sore thumb in the viewers of the show, and Hasbro and Studio B, though markets MLP, hasn’t done so much as basic advertisements for the show, relying on profits to be made from the toy line that the series advertises.

But that’s for the little girls. For other viewers…they actually have to rely on the brony fandom to spread the word.

When we talk about the show, we do get some people interested, and when we get people interested, they watch the show, and from there, they make the decision, and inevitably, we get people to watch the show, which in turn, makes Hasbro profits.

But methods of communication?

Well, we have what most bronies do: calmly and reasonably talk about the show, be assertive, and explain as best as we can about the show, done through forums, chat rooms, and such.

But, inner-fandom communication relies on the fandom’s members. To keep ourselves strong, we keep together. We communicate using various sites, using words, images, flash games, and videos…

Remember the fandom’s age group? Teenage to Young Adult Males? And that they happen to be internet users?

What’s associated with that group, generally?

Sexuality

Yes. SEXUALITY

Guess what? Much of the bronies are made up of teenage to young adult internet-frequent MALES, who are associated with sexuality.

And guess what? That transfers into the fandom.

That’s why we get R34

That’s why it exists


But what does this have to do with KYM’s image gallery specifically, you ask?

Well, just about everything

You see, our rules say no porn or gore, which means, well…no porn or gore

but you have to classify “porn”

“porn” is explicit sexual content, like actual sexual intercourse, or ones glans or sex being shown explicitly in a sexual way.

“sexualization” is a step down from that. The character in question is positioned and dressed in a sexual or seductive way, or sometimes in a suggested sexual act, but not explicitly, so you can’t say its really porn.

Luna is depicted in a seductive and sexual manner in this picture, obvious by her facial expression and her attire

Sexualizations are what can be called ‘fap fuel’, but its not ‘porn’.

But is it okay for KYM?

That’s a matter of opinion.

But here’s X-Singular’s point: R34 and Sexualizations are on Google, including results from KYM. Its a controversy how much R34 and Sexualizations exist for a fandom based around a younger feminine show, and how easily it can be found by just pressing a few keys and a few mouse clicks. The most controversial part: its not something you have to dig for and find

GOOGLE & OTHER BASIC SEARCH ENGINES
SHOW
PONY R34
RESULTS

So any little girl wanting to look up her favorite pony could end up seeing that character in a way that is not appropriate for that age.

As for KYM too, there’s a substantial amount of bronies who either don’t all together or have limited tolerance or preference to sexualizations. Like me. I don’t mind it mostly, but it gets really annoying for it to come up constantly. And I see some users not liking it all together. Plus, it kind of defames us, especially with non-brony users, seeing the most favorited or most like tab containing pony sexualizations without the “less ponies” tab on.

Personal preference on Pony R34 or sexualizations in general?

Personally, I don’t mind it. Its a fandom thing, but I don’t go out on a whim to look at sexualizations, and not at all for R34. But sometimes, I do indulge myself a bit with a Chrysalis pic..

Plus, if you read Mine and Joe Amethyst’s story, “Red Light City”, you know we’re not setting it up for a child-friendly environment (for those who don’t know, there’s sex, drugs, murder, and alcohol involved).

But at least our work is kept in wraps on a site that you have to specifically look for, and fortunately, FIMFiction is not something little girls look for.

I’ve also become a bit more lenient on what I say I can tolerate and sometimes like.

Such as this:

I remember Tim the Enchanter if I recall showing this to me for the first time a while ago. I was initially phased out, but I can honestly say now its not that bad

Back to KYM and the whole controversy though, we should monitor what goes on and what doesn’t, to make sure we’re not passing any lines. We should also keep a watch on the content of what images make it on.

An example is Molestia. Molestia has her own page, yet we always upload JJ’s comics to the main entry, and we all know that Molestia can get pretty explicit at times. So, that’s one thing we can purge, and instead, transfer it over to Molestia’s gallery.

As for sexualizations in general, we should establish what’s acceptable and not acceptable, and be more vigilant in letting uploaders know that. Establish a firm line, and ensure its not crossed in any way. If it does cross that line, take it down. This way, we can clean up a bit on the gallery, and reduce the amount of explicit material in it.

tl;dr – Pony Porn exists. We need to deal with it, but we can clean up KYM a bit better, and sort what stays and what doesn’t, and what needs to go where in our galleries.

Last edited Sep 16, 2012 at 11:41AM EDT
Sep 16, 2012 at 11:39AM EDT
Quote

One more thing I want to throw out here

but if I am deemed unworthy of Janitor status, then at least put someone else there

In the event of this; I can also volunteer for an image moderator position as well since I also frequent the MLP gallery.

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:10PM EDT
Quote

It’s just for fun, guys. Most people seem to be okay with it aside from a few malcontents. I stopped uploading saucy stuff for awhile, but it was just uploaded by different members. There’s no need to write huge walls of text explaining why or why not we should upload this stuff. We post these pictures because we like to keep things interesting and gauge people’s reaction’s. Otherwise the gallery would just get stale. I’m not trying to incite hatred or “rustle jimmies,” I’m just giving the people what they want. And what they want is variety.

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:26PM EDT
Quote

Spidervance wrote:

It’s just for fun, guys. Most people seem to be okay with it aside from a few malcontents. I stopped uploading saucy stuff for awhile, but it was just uploaded by different members. There’s no need to write huge walls of text explaining why or why not we should upload this stuff. We post these pictures because we like to keep things interesting and gauge people’s reaction’s. Otherwise the gallery would just get stale. I’m not trying to incite hatred or “rustle jimmies,” I’m just giving the people what they want. And what they want is variety.

I stopped uploading saucy stuff for awhile

[me being an idiot]Stopped as in past tense right?

Note the time:

Click for link to the gallery.
“while” here means “one hour”? [/me being an idiot]

EDIT:
Regardless, it’s not about specific members, it’s about this growing trend that it turning the image gallery to some sort of brony masturbatory-aid, I didn’t mean to target Advanced specifically.

or is this not saucy enough? let’s see:

  • Tagged “Questionable” on Derpibooru (Unlike KYM that’s a brony-dedicated website, and yet this tag is spoilered by default)
  • Antrho
  • Furry
  • Topless
  • In underwear (panties)
  • Making out (with an ass-grab)
  • Between two members of the same gender
    ….
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Saucy.

also this(4 hours ago)

I don’t think you understand Advance, this is not SFW, so please refrain from posting it on a SFW gallery like KYM.
Haven’t you been gauging people’s reactions long enough?

Last edited Sep 16, 2012 at 01:19PM EDT
Sep 16, 2012 at 12:55PM EDT
Quote

First off, I’d like to thank JJ for bringing this topic up yet again.

I’d also like to say that it’s apparent that JJ is conflicted about sexual MLP art. He obviously has moral qualms about it, he obviously enjoys it, and he obviously doesn’t know how to deal with it. If you’d like to PM me on the matter, JJ, then please do. Perhaps we can talk about how you feel and how to better address the matter personally before discussing the matter publicly.

I would strongly suggest discussing those issues with someone before bringing it to the table again. (Or at least acknowledge why you post what you do.) Otherwise, it’s hard to take your claims seriously.


I don’t mind tasteful nudity on a humanized character, or adult-themes applied in a funny manner to incite laughter, but those pics have one purpose and that’s to flare up sexual-drives, such content is not welcome here.

Well, not quite. KYM is not specifically a porn site or a site for smut. It’s main purpose is to document memetic content in Web culture. It, by mission, includes any content relevant to an entry.

Note that some content is not allowed to be presented on the site, because it is too explicit. However, if it isn’t against KYM rules and guidelines, then it stays. Whether or not it affects the brony community or potentially my name as a researcher or not is irrelevant.

So let’s get this correct. If I understand it correctly, this is not the concern of KYM. This is the concern of bronies. And KYM is not explicitly concerned with the well-being or perception of bronies.


Also, to use the site, you must be 13 years of age. Technically, the site isn’t supposed to be accessed by those younger than 13. It will be, of course. But so will porn sites that require you to be the age deemed legal in your respective country to view pornographic content.

Since KYM doesn’t show explicitly sexual or pornographic content, period, that screen and warning is not necessary. And even for content that go beyond being a bit more risqué (but not quite explicit,) there are warnings for image galleries and entries that are deemed “NSFW.” So KYM covers itself as well as it should.

There are plenty of entries, pony-related and otherwise, that have images whose original intent was to incite sexual desire. However, they are posted here as instances of spread. The image doesn’t change. With that understanding, KYM will not ever be “Family-friendly.” It won’t become a site specifically for smut, and it will not have explicit content (when it is caught,) but it will have smutty and otherwise sexualized content.

Ponies included. In that regard, there is nothing special about it.
 
Consider all suggestions with that in mind.
 
For the FiM-fandom, sexual content is certainly a part of the fandom. As long as it isn’t explicit, then it is “fine.”
 
 
I should also note that Derpibooru and various other pony-image sites have different missions, aims, and interests than Know Your Meme. Derpibooru doesn’t want to contribute to FOX NEWS or any other news outlet reporting that the brony fandom is full of lecherous men who enjoy sexualized content of My Little Pony.

Know Your Meme has no such concern. There is a section of bronies here who are concerned with the perception of the fandom, and since we are stationed here, we see KYM’s current pony-image gallery as being detrimental to it.

However, for one of two reasons, neither of which are very nice, the users listed above who post such content continue to post.

  1. In the case of JJ and others, there’s a legitimate problem. He doesn’t like the content, but he posts it. In fact, he loathes the content, but he posts it. No offense to users like him, but they obviously cannot and do not have the capability to stop themselves from posting content they do not like.
  2. And probably more likely, they just don’t care. Under this assumption, they don’t care about how posting images in the gallery affects the the perception of the fandom despite KYM being a very popular site with great visibility in regards to the fandom and outside of it.

In both of these instances, you’d have to convince these users to stop. And there is the nature of the Internet: You can’t actually stop them, because…Internet.

Moderators won’t stop them, because we’re acting on behalf of the site and not the fandom.

So they actually have free-reign to post saucy, sensual content here. There’s nothing that can be done about that.


Placed in larger text, for emphasis and for my plea to users who are posting such content.

Stepping outside of the pragmatic for a moment, I find it odd that users feel a need to post sexual. If you want to look at it, then just save it to your hard drive, an external hard drive, on imgur or another image hosting site…

I don’t see how posting it on a highly visible site like KYM enhances the experience of NSFW content for you. I know there are a couple of users in that list who posts nearly exclusively NSFW content (although not necessarily explicit)…

I understand if you like it, I guess…but what’s the point of posting it? What purpose does that serve? I ask that legitimately. Do you want to share that with other users (who mostly like it, because they generally good scores)? Do you think you are contributing to KYM by posting content that others don’t feel comfortable about posting?

Like, seriously. I pose that as a topic of conversation for the thread. We already know who you are. X already listed the users along with your exploits, so it’s not like you aren’t already being questioned. Why do you do it? Is it really a simple matter of "Because you can and because you cannot get in trouble for it? Does your life lack so much control that you’re willing to take advantage of control, even at the risk of an entire fandom that we all care about?


If we’re going to “suggest” moderators here, then I’d go ahead and say that:

1. I have image powers now. So if you can’t get in touch with RandomMan, then you can get in touch with me. And if you can’t get in touch with me, then any moderator with a “Sr.” title or administrator (i.e. amanda, olivia, Brad, Don) can delete the images. The sooner you can PM us or (better yet) find us in the IRC, the faster we can remove the image and warn the user. If we’re in the IRC, then we’ll see the complaint immediately. JJ actually (thanks, by the way) PM’ed me about a complaint before, but I was out and didn’t see it until 6 hours later (fortunately, someone else removed the image.)
 
2. In terms of sexual content, I can say honestly that I do not think X-singular would be a good choice. This is not an insult to him, but his personal stance on R34 is far from neutral, and how he would respond to it when he was presented such images on KYM would not be to the benefit to the site. It would be to benefit the fandom. I could very easily see him deleting an image of a Fluttershy in a swimsuit (but now showing genitalia or bodily fluids) or an Applejack where her tail is covering what can be assumed to be genitalia because she’s blushing (but nothing is showing.) Serving as an moderator is a responsibility to the site, and the site actually welcomes instances that are relevant and not explicit. So even before getting to the actual process of choosing moderators, I could not suggest him with much confidence.

3. Administration does not choose moderators on a “as needed basis.” I don’t agree with that when there is a need (and I believe there is a need for action of some sort,) but that’s not my call, and some other moderators don’t really see a problem for a few reasons/don’t care. With that in mind, even if I were to suggest BSoD for image moderator, it wouldn’t be considered until the next round of moderators were being discussed. That likely won’t be for months.


Related, because Megasweet.


EDIT:

I’ll tl;dr considering the two ninjas:

Advance has a better point than X here.

People do like it (again, borderline stuff tends to get good scores,) and it’s not against the rules of the site. It distresses me, because he’s serving a few at the potential risk of the entire commmunity, but at least he gave a reason. Apparently, the good for a few who can get the content on other sites anyway outweigh the concerns of the community on the whole which is likely larger than 200,000 young men.
 
X, Derpibooru has different aims than KYM. Also, he said he used to stop, but he got back into it. Also, I explained that KYM allows for this content. Again, this is why I don’t think you’d make a good image moderator. You’re not very moderate in this particular issue.

Last edited Sep 16, 2012 at 01:11PM EDT
Sep 16, 2012 at 01:05PM EDT
Quote

BSoD wrote:

Then again we could both be bias in our sentiment based on our impression of babies. Do you see them as miraculous additions to life or terrifying poop machines?

I fall into the latter category, which probably goes a long way to explain why I see little appeal in those images.


And now for the topic at hand…

@Advance
I don’t think anybody doubted that you’re just doing it for fun. That doesn’t give you an excuse to do it though. They’re arguing that you’re potentially damaging the reputation of KYM and the brony community at large by posting images like that (and they have a point). Oh, and don’t shift the blame to the people viewing the images by saying you’re “just giving them what they want”. It’s your choice to upload those images, not theirs.

I like the idea of posting any saucy images to the clop gallery instead, though I doubt we’d be able to enforce that rule very easily. Anyway, there’s a community built around that image gallery, and they won’t be happy with us forcing them to visit other pages. The best alternative is to give a few people image mod powers so they can keep it clean. X-Singular and Blue Screen both sound like good candidates. I doubt that arrangement would be well-received either, but it might be for the best in the long run.

Sep 16, 2012 at 01:09PM EDT
Quote

@ Rule 34 discussion

sigh guess I’ll weigh in.

Alright, the first thing that needs to be acknowledged is that the pony image gallery is irregular. Most image galleries on kym exist to show a couple paradigm examples of the meme for people first being introduced to it. The pony gallery has mutated into basically a pony image board that caters to its brony regulars, not newbs. The gallery is loaded with obscure mlp stuff that only fans would get and would only confuse someone first being introduced to the fandom.

So, we’ve established that the image gallery appeals more to regulars than to newcomers. What is one of the big things that differentiates us regulars of the pony fandom from newcomers? The fact that we’re massively desensitized to sexualized pony images. As Popper noted, bronies are mostly composed of young men, and young men like sex and sex jokes. We’ve gotten over that initial hurdle of “Oh my God, they’re ponies” and can just appreciate the sexual stuff for what it is without being too weirded out by the fact that the medium of these jokes are colorful happy unicorns. We’ve acquired a taste for something that would disgust people completely unaccustomed to it.

This is our main problem, we’ve got two audiences for the image gallery, the intended audience of newcomers to pony and the bronies who have moved in and taken it over, and these two audiences aren’t mutually pleasable. The argument about whether pony 34 should be allowed is the argument about which audience should be catered to, and that needs to be decided before we can get anywhere.

If you want to appeal to the originally intended audience of newcomers, then you should remove both hardcore, softcore, and even moderately suggestive material. Hell, as long as you’re at it, you should remove all the obscure lore and jokes we’ve got in there and reduce it down to the most basic jokes and memes to come out of the pony fandom.

If you’re going to decide “fuck it, let’s let the bronies have it”, then I suggest maintaining the status quo. Nothing explicit, but you can be as suggestive as you want. Making the rule “no explicit depiction of gore or genitals” is a good hard line that’s easy to enforce, and when Jolly Jew comes to bitch about it, we can easily refer him to the rules and tell him to kindly fuck off instead of having a giant tl;dr fest about it.

tl;dr: Arguing about what’s appropriate for the image gallery will be pointless until you decide who the image gallery’s intended audience is supposed to be.

Edit: @Verbose

Hmm, you say KYM’s stated interest here is to document Bronydom, not to try and promote it in anyway. Following this reasoning, you allow any image, potentially harmful or otherwise, to surface.

I really don’t buy that.That’d be like someone saying they want to do a objective documentary about neo-nazis, so for that reason, they’re going to let the neo-nazis dictate what goes into the script. The fact of the matter is that the image gallery really ISN’T representative of the fandom as a whole because extremely vocal posters like Advance and Joe. If KYM wants to pretend to any sort of objectivety in the manner, they wouldn’t allow for user-generated content the way they do, or at least they would have extremely strict standards about what gets in and what doesn’t.

Honestly, KYM in general is just kind of a confused site. It shifts between trying to document web culture and being a part of web culture.

Last edited Sep 16, 2012 at 02:31PM EDT
Sep 16, 2012 at 02:01PM EDT
Quote

Jolly Jew wrote:

ok can someone please tell me what’s happening to the community here?

i complained about the latest major increase in NSFW pics in the pony gallary. not just anthro bikinis or anything. im talking REAL sexual pictures.

yes my complaint was very impolite and quite rude but that’s not a good reson to completly disregard my arguement.

so basically everyone said that it’s their right to post whatever they want, pony porn apearently should be allowed to be poseted on KYM because it’s their right and that im an intolorant prick that should just deal with it.

so wanting a SFW site to stay SFW is too much to ask now?

what the hell is going on with this community?

ok can someone please tell me what’s happening to the community here?

We have some “Jolly Jew” who isn’t jolly at all and thinks making rant posts helps a community, this while only creating a problem and a chore. We tell him multiple times that it’s better to ignore and contact a mod when something pops up, but he refuses to even remotely listen and just keeps his annoying rants going.

Besides, digging through your image gallery, you’re a part of what you’re describing as a problem.

I’m giving you and some others a week to calm down and unrustle. I’m done of dealing with this shit every goddamn week again. Opinions about this have been stated numerous times, plus we have handed out warnings about it numerous times. If listening isn’t an option, how about we do a week without them?


X-Singular Wrote:

RandomMan gets tons of requests and listening to them all only stand in the way of his Entry moderation duties.

Actually, I don’t. I only get notes about the most extreme cases or when we have a porn spammer (or aitselom). Besides that, PMs I receive are very VERY limited. Feel free to send me links, it’s a few second job to remove them. They don’t really cockblock my other mod duties.


@The suggestion of using the clop entry for saucy stuff:

No, just no. That entry is there to explain the terms of Wingboner and Clopping. The images in the image gallery therefore should be related to those two terms. Just because it’s about the reaction saucy content spawns, doesn’t mean the gallery should be used to upload saucy stuff. Doing that kills the purpose of that entry and reduces it to a bad excuse to upload saucy content.

Last edited Sep 16, 2012 at 02:54PM EDT
Sep 16, 2012 at 02:02PM EDT
Quote

Ah nothing is better than a heated discussion about r34.

I feel like we are now mandated to discuss r34 at least once a month. I am not going to weigh in my full opinion because I will only be repeating some of the well-made points that everyone made, the main idea that I want to emphasize is that there is a time and a place for everything. R34 should not be allowed in the MLP gallery (which barely anyone posts), most of the images are borderline or “saucy” which makes it hard to determine if they should be posted or not. I think the best solution is to select a moderator for the image MLP image gallery (seeing how it is the most popular image gallery and is spammed with IRL porn and gore, it should have better moderation) to deem which images are appropriate for the image gallery. If we are going to hold it accountable to the standards that we have set for other image galleries we have to be rational and reasonable in the selection process for removal.

Last edited Sep 16, 2012 at 02:42PM EDT
Sep 16, 2012 at 02:33PM EDT
Quote

Don’t take the R34 out of the image gallery… Think of the children, the children!!!

Sep 16, 2012 at 02:58PM EDT
Quote

These “Banned” after some names fear me.

Anyway, I was coming to tell that the only way to avoid the problem of saucy pictures is obviously to censor them for people who don’t want to see them. Just like in derpibooru. I think it has been said a lot, but I have no idea if it will be applied (It is not supposed to be a pony fan-site). But I don’t even… no need to ban people. …

Sep 16, 2012 at 03:59PM EDT
Quote

I have started coming here less and less…
…I will go to a silent place to mourn…

…and I will now steer clear of this thread.
This is my leave.
Goodbye all. Farewell.
Tengan un buen dia. (Have a nice day.)

I shall leave with a sad tune…

Sep 16, 2012 at 04:15PM EDT
Quote

Let’s continue on that. We need a change in topic after all this shit.


@El Slinky (teehee)

Sorry to hear that, but I can’t force you to stay.


Tsouki wrote:

These “Banned” after some names fear me.

Sometimes it’s better to cut off a problem off at the source, instead of having to deal with the consequenses nonstop. The topic of a spoiler function has been brought up before, but the only place it would basically be used is the MLP gallery (not a single other entry has this problem). Not to forget that such a function only encourages the idea to upload even more saucy stuff, something I rather avoid after all this.

Also, don’t worry, it’s just a week. Permabans need effort to be earned.

Last edited Sep 16, 2012 at 04:28PM EDT
Sep 16, 2012 at 04:18PM EDT
Quote

@ Image gallery: I felt a great disturbance in the force…as if millions of jimmies were suddenly rustled at once.

BTW, I know there’s a picture for that, but I just haven’t mastered posting images yet. I didn’t want to bother you guys with a picture of a red “X” haha.

We should just ask ourselves “what would PixelKitties do?” Post a humorous cartoon for comic relief, that’s what!

And I just discovered Derpibooru recently. Not for the R34 haha, but….there’s SO MUCH Fallout: Equestria fanart there!! I love it. Finished Fallout: Equestria a few weeks ago and I’m about halfway through Project: Horizons. At least the chapters that have been posted.

Not trying to derail or anything, but who else has read or likes these stories?

clears throat

That is all.

Sep 16, 2012 at 04:32PM EDT
Quote

Hum hum hum, well, looks like I’m too late to add to this discussion much. I’ll just say that I do agree mostly with the points made by X-Singular and BSoD. And while I certainly acknowledge the points made by our illustrious mods, I also want to add a little weight to Fifths’ comment. After all, what is the purpose of an image gallery on a meme research site? Is it to provide a home for endless uploads of saucy material, no matter how vaguely related to the actual memetic subject? I find that to be a little sketchy myself, but I’m afraid I have no further offerings for a solution beside what has already been suggested (auto-hiding questionable imagery, creating a separate gallery, etc.).

About the reposts, I noticed that Derpibooru has a (somewhat imperfect) system of automatically detecting and blocking images that have already been uploaded. I wonder how hard it would be for KYM to implement something similar?

And all this talk about the image gallery reminds of something--one of my biggest problems with it is accreditation. Most of the time, uploaders don’t credit the original artist at all, and it’s usually a major hassle to track them down through reverse-image lookups and such.

Between an abundance of saucy ponies (which I’d rather not see or have anyone suspect me of looking at), reposts, and lack of artist credit, it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out why I don’t spend much time in the MLP gallery here. There’s a funny thing about people like me avoiding the gallery for those reasons, though; saucy pics usually getting a good score may have something to do with the fact that the gallery is now dominated with people who enjoy that sort of thing.

tl;dr
I mostly just wish the uploaders to the MLP gallery here would focus their efforts on sites like Derpibooru, which are designed for greater functionality in virtually every regard, and use KYM mostly for images specifically related to meme spread.


@Fallout: Equestria

Too long! I’ve never read it. For some reason though, I’ve become strangely fascinated by a certain Project Horizons character:

Can’t imagine why…

Last edited Sep 16, 2012 at 05:13PM EDT
Sep 16, 2012 at 05:10PM EDT
Quote

I’m not going to bother reading all that text about r34 because, for fuck’s sake, we’ve had that same discussion so often I can predict everybody’s response accurately. Seriously, I know Jolly Jew starts it by commenting on how the gallery pisses him off, Verbose tries to be reasonable, RandomMan either goes off-topic or nonchalantly fucks with the conversation, Popper becomes Jesus and smites us with the power of religion, Pyro flips out then gets over it and begins to fap to ponies, DeadParrot finds relevant pics and faps to Scootaloo, Advance posts porn to fuck with us and says that it’s no big deal, Joe does the same, etc. I know that with the pony drought we don’t have much to discuss, but I don’t really see the point behind doing this over and over again when we went over it just a few pages ago. Recall the pic Popper posted a while back comparing the gallery chronologically? Yeah, we had about a page of r34 discussion then.

Just saying.

Last edited Sep 16, 2012 at 07:24PM EDT
Sep 16, 2012 at 07:24PM EDT
Quote

Solaire:

Pyro flips out then gets over it and begins to fap to ponies

He’s right…..;_;

Last edited Sep 16, 2012 at 08:26PM EDT
Sep 16, 2012 at 08:25PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!