Forums / Discussion / General

170,919 total conversations in 5,485 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10167 posts from 235 users

Has it really been a week already? Sheesh time flies.

@Random

The one thing I think you did wrong in this situation was ban them because of Jolly Jew’s post. It’s obvious that a ban was kind of a long time in the coming for those three and JJ’s post merely acted as a catalyst for a ban that was long in the making, but I think it was still wrong to ban them at that time. The fact that you’re retroactively banning them for images that you had originally let slide makes you and KYM’s rules in general come across as inconsistent and capricious. If I were one of the rustlers and wanted to bitch about the banning, I would say “This way okay when I originally posted it, why are you deciding to ban me now?”

I disagree with your reasoning that it would have been wrong to wait until one of the rustlers posted some clearly NSFW content to ban the one because then the other two would have gotten off scot-free. Justice isn’t about punishing the guilty, it’s about using measures to make sure a society runs as smoothly as possible. Making a clean display of the cause and effect relationship of

Extremely NSFW image-Banhammer

Would have made a much clearer example than just banning three guys at once because they all kind of deserve it. Ya, two of the others might have gotten away when they didn’t really deserve it, but it would have been better for KYM as a whole.

Edit: Another page get? Hat-trick bitches!

Last edited Sep 23, 2012 at 05:27PM EDT
Sep 23, 2012 at 04:58PM EDT
Quote

@RandomMan:

>2012
>posting greentext
>black
>not olivedrab
>not even GREEN
Dafuk Randomman?
Do ya even internet?


trolling aside, my suggestion (and BSoD’s as well) did suggest deleting the content without any penalty on the users, BSoD in fact has the exact phrase in*bold text*, so when I first saw those bans I kinda thought that they were too much. but i was not aware that they posted outright explicit content.

Your ban is justified RandomMan, and there is no need for you to justify it, I just hope that the gallery will remain rustle-free after their return, they were good posters that posted a lot of good SAFE images, and only trolled occasionally… (too occasionally according to some commenters).
Let’s hope those occasional bouts of trolling that also ruin a fandom’s reputation are over.


Obligatory (best) pony image:

Last edited Sep 23, 2012 at 05:23PM EDT
Sep 23, 2012 at 05:17PM EDT
Quote

Fifths wrote:

Justice isn’t about punishing the guilty. . .

I can’t even express just how strongly I disagree with that statement.

Anyway, I haven’t said anything at all about the bans so far, because it seemed like everything was perfectly under control. In light of recent comments, however, I might as well add my support to RandomMan’s action. Honestly, he’s far more patient than I’d probably be in the same situation, and he’s explained everything pretty thoroughly at this point. And at the end of the day, it was only for a week, that’s hardly something to get feisty over. Everything else has already been said.


So, did anyone else spot this post on EqD? I thought the brony mention was rather flattering.


And did someone say best pony? Art time.

Last edited Sep 23, 2012 at 06:08PM EDT
Sep 23, 2012 at 06:06PM EDT
Quote

Edit, since some people appear to be unable to take sarcasm, I hereby declare the following statement to be a joke.

RandomMan, you may be a shitty mod, but you’re OUR shitty mod!

In all seriousness, as late as they may have been, the bans were justified, though I can only say that in retrospect/bandwagoneering, not being a frequenter of the image gallery. My opinions here are moot.

@Best pony

aye nigga imma get dees arrows out mah hat nd then u cn come over here nd tell me how best pony swagg i am

Last edited Sep 23, 2012 at 06:22PM EDT
Sep 23, 2012 at 06:13PM EDT
Quote

Holy mother god. Holy shit. I dont even know what to say.

Ideo is back.

How are u doing bro?

Sep 23, 2012 at 08:59PM EDT
Quote

Ideological the Vinyl Scratch wrote:

@I van: I’m doing well. Relieved to know I could come back.

Yeah, few things about that.

  • Cite still posts. Not as much, but still does. What I’m reading from this is that he’s apparently a trigger of some sort.
  • Knowing your past, please don’t go back to these useless one-line posts to every other post that is made here. I’m saying this as I’m already spotting this from your latest posts. This is a thread, not a chat.
  • Don’t cause so much drama each time we correct you on something (as I just know you’ll do that in reply to this post).

Might not be the nicest way to start like this already, so my apologies for that, but I’d rather avoid all the drama from last time. So I hope you understand the reason for this post. Besides that, welcome back.

Last edited Sep 23, 2012 at 09:26PM EDT
Sep 23, 2012 at 09:18PM EDT
Quote

Geez, why are we downvoting RandomMan?

Anyways, life story time? Life story time. Seven years ago, I lived in the great state of Idaho. I had some friends, but in 2007, pretty much all of us moved away at the exact same time. Such is the military lifestyle. Anyways, it’s many years later, and I’ve stayed in touch with two or three of them. Two of us decide to track down as many people as we can, so armed with lackluster Facebook privacy settings, two middle school yearbooks with shitty drawings of mustaches on everyone, Skype and comments on how we all looked autistic seven years ago, we set out to find them.

And holy shit. All of them. All of them are bronies. They welcomed me back into their lives with open arms.

Have a completely mediocre gif.

As soon as I find the time, I’ll actually have her step and move and, y’know, be a good animation.

Last edited Sep 23, 2012 at 09:44PM EDT
Sep 23, 2012 at 09:27PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

Yeah, few things about that.

  • Cite still posts. Not as much, but still does. What I’m reading from this is that he’s apparently a trigger of some sort.
  • Knowing your past, please don’t go back to these useless one-line posts to every other post that is made here. I’m saying this as I’m already spotting this from your latest posts. This is a thread, not a chat.
  • Don’t cause so much drama each time we correct you on something (as I just know you’ll do that in reply to this post).

Might not be the nicest way to start like this already, so my apologies for that, but I’d rather avoid all the drama from last time. So I hope you understand the reason for this post. Besides that, welcome back.

Thanks. I’m trying hard not to do better this time.

Sep 23, 2012 at 09:37PM EDT
Quote

@ ExudesAffluence

Post it on DA so I can submit it to three art groups. (Just need your approval y/n on DA)


@ Exudes reply below:

For whatever reason I can’t stop starting at that gif. Its so mesmerizing. Its good, really good.

Last edited Sep 23, 2012 at 09:48PM EDT
Sep 23, 2012 at 09:44PM EDT
Quote

ivanp wrote:

@ ExudesAffluence

Post it on DA so I can submit it to three art groups. (Just need your approval y/n on DA)


@ Exudes reply below:

For whatever reason I can’t stop starting at that gif. Its so mesmerizing. Its good, really good.

Probably won’t post that on dA, since it’s just a work in progress. I usually just keep the WIPs to my journal. Once I’ve improved it I’ll see if I post it, but it’s still for a much bigger project. I’d like to have her step with it, to have her head bend a bit more and some other stuff. I need to flip the direction of the blade so she’s actually swinging with the cutting edge, as well, even though technically a khanda is double sided. This was just a rough attempt to see what I’d have to do.

Last edited Sep 23, 2012 at 09:50PM EDT
Sep 23, 2012 at 09:46PM EDT
Quote

@Exudes

looks like a good start to me.

Also because I can’t resist a good best pony showdown

Last edited Sep 23, 2012 at 10:31PM EDT
Sep 23, 2012 at 10:31PM EDT
Quote

@X-singular:

Oh, yeah, guys, I brainwashed X to join the Solar Empire. In case you hadn’t found out yet.

@Exudes:

>‘completely mediocre’
>quality gif
>

@Best pony:

Normally I would say that you guys are all spelling Celestia weird, but today I’m gonna go ahead and point out you guys are all spelling Celestia really weird.

Sep 23, 2012 at 10:52PM EDT
Quote

@Ideo
You’re back!

~yay~

Also, nukefire is back.
The oldfag coup is going according to plan.

Last edited Sep 23, 2012 at 11:26PM EDT
Sep 23, 2012 at 11:25PM EDT
Quote

>2012
>Best pony discussion

Why don’t we have a debate whether evolution is real while we’re at it? Oh wait…

Sep 23, 2012 at 11:29PM EDT
Quote

Dear lord KYM is advertising MLP toys to me now.

Also, since we’re going to do this anyways, I concur with Fifths.

Sep 23, 2012 at 11:40PM EDT
Quote

I know how to end this.

Solaire critically hit Collective Heterosexuality for 9999 damage.

Collective Heterosexuality submitted to the obvious awesomeness of best pony!

Solaire gained 10000 experience! Too bad, he’s already max level.

Sep 24, 2012 at 12:27AM EDT
Quote

@Solaire

Hah! Your attacks are futile against Spikes +10,000 awesomeness armor

All hail BEST PONY Spike!

Also Randommans bannings were legit and hello to Ideo. That is all.

Last edited Sep 24, 2012 at 12:40AM EDT
Sep 24, 2012 at 12:39AM EDT
Quote

Counterargument:

I’d ask you to tell her that she is not Best Pony, but I know you can’t and not lose sleep over your blatant lie.


You will never have your nose booped by humanized Twilight.


also that WarpXR guy is actually a troll and he haets the ponu u liek most and he derseves negakrams n dresses liek garfiels and dances badly

(Welcome back. I don’t know what it is about today and people coming back to post. Not knocking it though.)

Last edited Sep 24, 2012 at 12:47AM EDT
Sep 24, 2012 at 12:45AM EDT

Solaire wrote:

Solaire critically hit Collective Heterosexuality for 9999 damage.

Collective Heterosexuality submitted to the obvious awesomeness of best pony!

Solaire gained 10000 experience! Too bad, he’s already max level.

Solaire used “hit hetereosexuality” on “most homo thread on KYM

It isn’t very effective

Also, X-SINGULAR ISN’T YOUR ALLY! HE’S NO SUNBRO HE’S A DAMN SERVANT OF DICKLORD NITO!

Sep 24, 2012 at 12:46AM EDT
Quote

Are we talking best pony again?

What do you mean “No one has said ‘Scootaloo’ yet?!”

I’ll make you love me!

Sep 24, 2012 at 02:58AM EDT
Quote

burning_phoneix wrote:

Solaire used “hit hetereosexuality” on “most homo thread on KYM”
It isn’t very effective

Hmm, in that case…

Braeburn for best pony!

Did I win the Best Pony Contest yet? I totally did. You can’t say no to that smile… or that wild, flowing mane…

I’m sorry, what were we doing again?

(As a sidenote, it’s hilarious how searching ‘Braeburn’ in Derpibooru will result in page after page of gay shipping. Oh you, fandom, please never change.)


Hi again to all of the returning users! It’s good to see some familiar names around here. I haven’t seen Nukefire yet, so I’ll have to give him a pre-emptive ‘hi’. Seeing some of these names again has reminded me of those weekly Pony General Synchtubes we used to have. We should really do that again sometime.

Sep 24, 2012 at 04:19AM EDT
Quote

So, I was having a discussion with Deadparrot (who was apparently also cranking out vectors like a goddamned machine at the same time) and I realized an argument to prove the existence of the best pony.

Here goes

-The best possible pony is the most perfect pony imaginable
-If the best possible pony did not exist, then we could conceive of a pony who has all of the best possible pony’s attributes in addition to existing. This pony would be even better than the best possible pony, which is logically impossible.
-Ergo, the best possible pony must by definition exist.

furthermore

-Rainbow Dash is the best possible pony
-Ergo, Rainbow Dash MUST exist!

You guys see that? I just logic’d Rainbow Dash into fucking existence! I’m awesome!

Last edited Sep 24, 2012 at 05:03AM EDT
Sep 24, 2012 at 04:52AM EDT
Quote

@Fifths

Seriously, this discussion again, guize. Guize, seriously… ._.

Caramel is best pony.

Last edited Sep 24, 2012 at 08:53AM EDT
Sep 24, 2012 at 08:43AM EDT
Quote

> 2012
> Not praising the sun
> Celestia’s face when misguided bronies think anypony but her is best pony

Really? bucking really?



Burning_Phoneix wrote:

Solaire wrote:

Solaire critically hit Collective Heterosexuality for 9999 damage.

Collective Heterosexuality submitted to the obvious awesomeness of best pony!

Solaire gained 10000 experience! Too bad, he’s already max level.

Solaire used “hit hetereosexuality” on “most homo thread on KYM”
It isn’t very effective

Also, X-SINGULAR ISN’T YOUR ALLY! HE’S NO SUNBRO HE’S A DAMN SERVANT OF DICKLORD NITO!


Most homo?

PRINCE CELESTIAL IS BEST PONY!


Plus I already have incriminating evidence regarding who is Solaire’s favorite pony.
Shame on you Solaire.

Gravelord Nito’s Servants are victorious once again!

Last edited Sep 24, 2012 at 09:53AM EDT
Sep 24, 2012 at 09:41AM EDT
Quote

>Sees best pony discussion.

Sep 24, 2012 at 09:44AM EDT
Quote

Guys.

What r u doin.

Guys.

STAHP!

Seriously. Best pony discussions can only lead to the dark side… But at least they have cookies there. Besides, Sir Lints-a-Lot is obviously the best pony.

Yeah, just kidding. I actually can’t pick a best pony. If I try to, I just feel bad for the ones that I don’t pick and I have to start over. It’s an infinite loop of pony!

Sep 24, 2012 at 09:46AM EDT
Quote

Commodore 64 wrote:

Guys.

What r u doin.

Guys.

STAHP!

Seriously. Best pony discussions can only lead to the dark side… But at least they have cookies there. Besides, Sir Lints-a-Lot is obviously the best pony.

Yeah, just kidding. I actually can’t pick a best pony. If I try to, I just feel bad for the ones that I don’t pick and I have to start over. It’s an infinite loop of pony!

Ha!
This dilemma can be solved with the science of gifs!
Simply click and drag to reveal your new favorite pony!

Plus, there’s no guilt because it’s all chance anyway!

I just so happened to get Rainbow Dash on my first try.
This is acceptable.

Sep 24, 2012 at 12:18PM EDT
Quote

The science of animated gifs, you say? Very well, let’s do this! FOR SCIENCE!

… Um… At the risk of sounding like an idiot, who is the yellow-unicorn-Pinkie-Pie? Because apparently she’s my new favourite.

MIRACLES!

Last edited Sep 24, 2012 at 12:37PM EDT
Sep 24, 2012 at 12:37PM EDT
Quote

>Choose fave based on gif
>expect Rainbow Dash because well duh
>Apple Bloom

hahaha Parrot you so funny.

Sep 24, 2012 at 12:57PM EDT
Quote

>2012
>Not having royal sisters as tied for best pony


>Not listing princest as best ship
>Not having every other pony as shit tier where they belong
>MFW

What the hell is wrong with you guys
I should bludgeon you all

Sep 24, 2012 at 01:04PM EDT
Quote

@DeadParrot

There’s a difference between best pony and favorite pony. Apparently, my favorite pony is Fluttershy.

@Pyro

Luna and Celestia? Tied for best pony? THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!

Sep 24, 2012 at 01:35PM EDT
Quote

Infected pony is the best pony..

No wait.. Infected pinkie is better.. She can shapeshift to pony which she have consumed… Discussion is over..

Last edited Sep 24, 2012 at 01:49PM EDT
Sep 24, 2012 at 01:48PM EDT
Quote

All
THIS
FUCKING

HERESY

Rarity is best pony.

Why?

Cuz:

My pony is DIDNEY WORL!!!! Your argument is invalid.

Sep 24, 2012 at 03:07PM EDT
Quote

I’M BACK!
In the meantime I was out I started to watch The Legend of Korra. Good stuff.
And yes, I’ll be careful the enxt time I post.
My favorite pony is either Dash or Luna. Because… I dunno. They’re cool… And cute…

Sep 24, 2012 at 04:56PM EDT
Quote

I’m checking the “Welcome to ponyville” game atm, reminds me alot of Katawa Shoujo. The only thing that bugs me is the fact that it’s mostly scripted, not that many choises, and even if you do get a choise and get to go somewhere, there’s usually nothing to do there.

Current topic*

Well my favorite pony is probably twilight, i just love her personality, and especially when she goes overly worried about stuff and goes crazy.

Horray Twilight Sparkle.

But i also have a soft spot for Fluttershy, since i’m also really shy… so i can relate.

Last edited Sep 24, 2012 at 05:06PM EDT
Sep 24, 2012 at 04:57PM EDT
Quote

The best pony discussion is still ongoing?
….
Meanwhile in 4chan:

click the picture to embiggen

Sep 24, 2012 at 06:40PM EDT
Quote

A best pony discussion? That’s actually civil?

Also, welcome back, Advance and Bruno!

Twilight and Fluttershy tie for first in my opinion.

Last edited Sep 24, 2012 at 09:02PM EDT
Sep 24, 2012 at 09:00PM EDT
Quote

Dafaq is this? Shut up and take more best pony!

C’mon guize she has frikin’ laser eyes!

Sep 24, 2012 at 09:28PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!