Forums / General

195,652 total conversations in 5,385 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10,167 conversations with 235 participants

Okay just two things I’d like to point out here

This

is FAAAAAAAAAAAKE. It’s also old, I’ve seen that months ago. I’m not sure why people are bringing it up in lieu of this event both here and in the MLP comments. I don’t envision Tosh apologizing for anything.


Secondly, Maplejets comment:

Somehow, it’s not the fact that he made fun of bronies that’s the issue to me.
It’s the fact he showed…uncensored…porn…and got away with it that’s the issue.
How the fuck did CC botch this up?

Rumor has it that Tosh can easily get away disgusting porn on his show because it’s on a distinct cable channel that the FCC has no control over. Or at least that is what I heard. His show doesn’t exist in my country so I don’t know the specifics

Nov 21, 2012 at 06:19PM EST
Quote

@BSoD
(What country do you live in? You ma have said before, but I lose track of this stuff.)
That rumor is incorrect.
Tosh’s show airs on Comedy Central which is still subject to FCC regulations in most cases.
I watch The Daily Show on the same channel and they get bleeped and blurred all the time when they cross the decency line.
Tosh should be no different.
That said, Comedy Central has occasionally gotten permission to push the boundaries a bit, but those are usually only in very special cases (South Park’s “S#!*” episode) or very late at night (I’ve seen them play unbleeped movies and comedy routines at 2 or 3 a.m. before).
I have never seen them get a pass on explicit sexual content, though.
By all accounts, that picture should have been censored and wasn’t due to an oversight or error.
(Now, all that said, shows like this can release uncensored versions on the internet where the FCC has less control, but from what I’ve heard, this happened on air.)

@Windigo
I have to say that I love how Apple Bloom’s bow seems to be tied to her emotions.
Just look at it droop when she’s sad…

Last edited Nov 21, 2012 at 06:53PM EST
Nov 21, 2012 at 06:48PM EST
Quote

I’m sorry, but this is my only conceivable reaction to this Daniel Tosh thing is this:

This is just too freaking hilarious.

I may seem bi-polar, considering that earlier stint. But I’m fed and rested now, so I feel okay

But just a heads up, I think I am partially mentally unstable. I have yet to be diagnosed, but I am fairly certain I’m somewhat…different.

Last edited Nov 21, 2012 at 07:05PM EST
Nov 21, 2012 at 07:04PM EST
Quote

@Popper:

Wait, how long have you been aware about your mental instability?

Because I found out the very first time you said Chrysalis was best pony.

@Tosh:

Normally I wouldn’t give a fuck, but this time I’m gonna go ahead and not give a fuck.

@Pinkie episode:

Was pretty good.

Also, I’m lurking more and posting less, because I’m not all that into the fandom. I’ll usually be watching, waiting, and listening.

Nov 21, 2012 at 07:06PM EST
Quote

I can confirm it was on air. I saw it at 1:00 running in the background while I was chatting with Jackal. I’m pretty sure that demolishes any sort of FCC boundaries, which CC has to be under. They have to jump through a lot of hoops and regulations to show those uncensored movies and routines, a single episode of Tosh isn’t worth that trouble.

Nov 21, 2012 at 07:10PM EST
Quote

@Parrot

What country do you live in?

It’s in the profile

Tosh’s show airs on Comedy Central which is still subject to FCC regulations in most cases.

Alright, I’ll take your word over Youtube comment rumors. I wouldn’t know these things myself

But I know that this wouldn’t be the first time people have slipped disturbing imagery past the censors. Maybe Tosh found a hole in the censorship policies that doesn’t address imagery as specific as cartoon horse lesbian fellatio with no explicit detail. Or maybe someone just wasn’t doing their job properly, who knows?


@Popper

Well I asked if you were okay earlier and you said you were fine. Do you actually feel that way or do you just need attention?

PS: Only sane people think they might be crazy. Crazy people think they are getting saner

Nov 21, 2012 at 07:16PM EST
Quote

I’m going to actually lol if CC gets in trouble for this, mainly cause of their censoring of one of the South Park episodes.

Nov 21, 2012 at 07:31PM EST
Quote

@Solaire

@BSoD

I dunno. As I said to you, I just feel a bit…weird. Different, from just about everybody

And what do you mean I need attention

Nov 21, 2012 at 07:45PM EST
Quote

>work at grocery store
>be a bagger
>bagging for this cashier chick
>always seemed kinda weird, internet dweller weird
>suddenly traffic slows down
>bored
>she starts talking to me
>I mention how much crap I have going on
>she asks how I stay sane
>“The Internet and My Little Pony”
>her face when


>she’s a brony too
>I show her this picture.
>“Do you know who this is?”
>“Who?”
>“Twilight Sparkle”
>her face when


>mfw

Nov 21, 2012 at 08:01PM EST
Quote

@The Blue that isn’t me. (BSOD)
Wow… you’re like… in the country right next door to mine.

That is… interesting.

But what is more interesting is that none have made a Pony mascot for either of our countries yet! I mean, Germany has a version of rainbow dash with a color switch. What about us?

I’d do it, but I’m not near by home computer at the moment.

… Yeah… I must be bored to point this out.

Nov 21, 2012 at 08:24PM EST
Quote

@popperfet

If you think you are bi-polar, you probably aren’t.

Nov 21, 2012 at 08:25PM EST
Quote

I watch tosh a lot but I missed last night’s sode. Funny thing is I remember that he once did a skit in which it’s implied that he had sex with a horse, which is all the more reason not to take anything he may have said about us seriously.

Then I found this pic again and my sides still haven’t come down from orbit.

As for why the pic wasn’t censored, showing the genitals of animals actually isn’t anything new on Tosh.O – I recall seeing an uncensored bat penis in the latest Halloween one. I think it was censored in later episodes, but it seems like this sort of thing is borderline fair game for Tosh.

@windago

Is it just me or is everything about babs awful

Last edited Nov 21, 2012 at 08:36PM EST
Nov 21, 2012 at 08:33PM EST
Quote

@Iamslow

I know you were adressing Windigo, but I must notice that there’s a moment or two where I begin to interpret Bab’s character.


Let’s sepperate these into major and minor details

Major:
-She rejects the CMC
-Joins the… snooty squad I guess it may be called.
-Kicks out a giant pumkin.

Minor:

-When her blank flank is mentioned (as if its an insult), she hides it.
-When she kicks out the pumpkin, and it begins to creak and roll away; her eyes go wide.

As such, I get the feeling she’s like a darkside version of Applebloom’s origional problem all the way back in… what was it? Call of the Cutie? I’m trying to go off memory here.

Basically, Applebloom’s motivation for joining together with the other CMC members is as follows:
1- Find Cutie mark, discover life’s purpose.
2- Companionship.
3- Feel less like the world is against her.

From what I can tell, Bab probably shares at least #3. But seems to have a different attitude about how that goal is achieved. And quite possibly considers that goal more important than the fact she doesn’t have a cutie mark, or having any friends.

My theory: Babs has joined the Snooty Squad because she believes that she’s less likely to get picked on if she teams up with the SS to torment the CMC.

She’s not picking on them because she finds it fun. She does it because she is trying to escape her own problems of the threat of being picked on herself.

…She still may be awful. But there’s more to it than it looks at surface level.

Edit: I feel so dumb right now. I completely forgot the spoiler tags. Thank you for telling me off DeadParrot.

Last edited Nov 21, 2012 at 09:21PM EST
Nov 21, 2012 at 09:01PM EST
Quote

@Zero
Come on, SPOILERS, man!
Use them if you are going to discuss un-aired episodes, please.
We really don’t want to scare away posters who are trying to keep the episodes a surprise for themselves.

@Popper

Nov 21, 2012 at 09:13PM EST
Quote

Lunar Protege wrote:

@Iamslow

I know you were adressing Windigo, but I must notice that there’s a moment or two where I begin to interpret Bab’s character.


Let’s sepperate these into major and minor details

Major:
-She rejects the CMC
-Joins the… snooty squad I guess it may be called.
-Kicks out a giant pumkin.

Minor:

-When her blank flank is mentioned (as if its an insult), she hides it.
-When she kicks out the pumpkin, and it begins to creak and roll away; her eyes go wide.

As such, I get the feeling she’s like a darkside version of Applebloom’s origional problem all the way back in… what was it? Call of the Cutie? I’m trying to go off memory here.

Basically, Applebloom’s motivation for joining together with the other CMC members is as follows:
1- Find Cutie mark, discover life’s purpose.
2- Companionship.
3- Feel less like the world is against her.

From what I can tell, Bab probably shares at least #3. But seems to have a different attitude about how that goal is achieved. And quite possibly considers that goal more important than the fact she doesn’t have a cutie mark, or having any friends.

My theory: Babs has joined the Snooty Squad because she believes that she’s less likely to get picked on if she teams up with the SS to torment the CMC.

She’s not picking on them because she finds it fun. She does it because she is trying to escape her own problems of the threat of being picked on herself.

…She still may be awful. But there’s more to it than it looks at surface level.

Edit: I feel so dumb right now. I completely forgot the spoiler tags. Thank you for telling me off DeadParrot.

Babs teams up with the SS?! I think that violates Godwin’s law, discussion over. /joke

Nov 21, 2012 at 09:35PM EST
Quote

@Stargazer

>Be walking by farmers’ market a week ago
>Figure I should buy some food
>Go to fruit stand, select prime apple
>Pay, notice tip jar
>Tip jar has sticky note that says “Tipping makes you twenty percent cooler”
>Stand is being run by a young male
>Throw some money in tip jar, saying “Ten seconds flat”
>Moment of truth
>Stand manager holds out fist
>Brohoof
>The apple was delicious

Unfortunately, this has been the only encounter I have had with a live brony in the wild, discounting the Rainbow Dash cutie mark sticker upon my favorite park drinking fountain.

Nov 21, 2012 at 09:57PM EST
Quote

ZeroBlue wrote:

@The Blue that isn’t me. (BSOD)
Wow… you’re like… in the country right next door to mine.

Great. We have Ausfalians ruining our board now :(

As for Australian Pony OC. Some dudes over at Bronies Australia managed to have a huge contest where they submitted designs for an Australian pony and picked one.

Here is an image of her molesting BSoD:

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:10PM EST
Quote

@The other Blue (ZeroBlue)

Hmm, you are right. I don’t think anyone ponified the Kiwi or the Koala yet. I bet I could do it. If I can ponify KYM-Tan and the Cheeto, I can Ponify my country too.

We’d have to argue out who gets to use what colors though. Germany can use their distinct Black, Yellow and Red but both of us have to decide who gets to use Blue, White and Red.

Damn, why did we have to be so color coordinated? Maybe I can use the native tribal colors: Black, White, Red and Moko tattoo’s

[edit]

Just saw Phoneix’s post. Okay so Oz has already been done, but I still haven’t seen an NZ OC.

Also why did you have to remind me of that time she touched me! Do you realize I had nightmares all through my childhood thanks to that!?

Last edited Nov 21, 2012 at 10:37PM EST
Nov 21, 2012 at 10:32PM EST
Quote

burning_phoneix wrote:

ZeroBlue wrote:

@The Blue that isn’t me. (BSOD)
Wow… you’re like… in the country right next door to mine.

Great. We have Ausfalians ruining our board now :(

As for Australian Pony OC. Some dudes over at Bronies Australia managed to have a huge contest where they submitted designs for an Australian pony and picked one.

Here is an image of her molesting BSoD:

Eh, I may be Australian by birthplace, by blood, and current residence. But you’d find it hard to tell that from meeting me. As most people tend to think I sound Canadian… or American. And I barely have any personal prefference that aligns with “Australian Values”. So the chances of me ruining the board for being Australian is about the same as anyone else ruining the board… just by being on the board.

I blame American TV for my ever-changing accent by the way.

Anyways… That OC, kinda reminds me of the section of my family that actually does decide to act like Australians. Seeing as both sides of my family is full of farmers.

In fact, she reminds me of that one cousin of mine that pretty much defined my prefered romantic partner for the rest of my life. She used to help out onthe family farm all the time…

She is now studying Game Design like I am.

(Also, I will vouch that the hat is a little truth in television. But only for farmers like my Grandmother and Aunt; or the military, like my brother has always been trying to get into. Edit: Oh, and thanks for the reminder, yeah; the military version have one side turned up guys. Flat rimmed hats are all farmers.)

I shall now reflect on how much closer Japan is to Australia than America. And how much I myself look like I just stepped out of an anime.

Last edited Nov 21, 2012 at 11:01PM EST
Nov 21, 2012 at 10:42PM EST
Quote

I keep telling the artists to draw the Australian slouch hat with one side pinned up like this:

But no one listens to me. Right now it looks too close to Applejack’s hat :(

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:49PM EST
Quote

@Phoenix

The Australians can’t draw the slouch hat correctly, but the Americans can? You guys must be having a real crisis of national identity.

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:48PM EST
Quote

Hm I think that you shouldn’t blame the cenosring. A censored fluttervag or a poorly drawn one, it doesn’t make such a big difference in the end, because it doesn’t change the perception. For the general public the conclusion is: There is MLP porn and there are people who enjoy it obviously, but this wouldn’t change with censoring.

Daniel Tosh has some fights with reddit, because they are accusing him of stealing jokes and original content for his show. So Tosh wants to do a bit of pay back and make redditors look like a bunch of creeps by showing a couple of weird subbreddits. One of those subreddits was r/clopclop. It wasn’t meant as an attack on bronies, but rather on reddit. We are just bystanders that got hit during this fight, you could call it collateral damage. Keep in mind that we are only focussing on that 20 second bit on pony.

What I think is interesting: EQD didn’t report about it. They had a take on Howard Stern, but are keeping quiet on this one. I can see why, because they can’t drop a youtube link and EQD is keeping it very sfw and I am sure they have discussed it, but you know it is still strange.

Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 06:49AM EST
Nov 22, 2012 at 06:37AM EST
Quote
What I think is interesting: EQD didn’t report about it. They had a take on Howard Stern, but are keeping quiet on this one. I can see why, because they can’t drop a youtube link and EQD is keeping it very sfw and I am sure they have discussed it, but you know it is still strange.

It probably got lost in the midst of other opinions, but EqD did have an article about it. They just took it down, and then one of the administrators on EqD commented on the post before the removed post (along with deleting all comments relating to it.)

The administrator’s/administrators’ reason was that they didn’t report all news; just noteworthy ones. He said that posting porn on live television wasn’t noteworthy.

I disagree. I think it was enough of an event to merit a mention, because it regularly reports other mentions that are less notable (“looks like pony dominates another newspaper!” and so forth.) So the reasoning was contradictory to what they actually do.

So your reason (Whtishcollar) is probably more accurate. They probably didn’t want to leave a link discussing raw pony porn is all. If it were just talking about clop like Howard Stern, then it probably wouldn’t have been a problem. I can respect that reasoning, but I wish that admin had simply given that reason instead of appealing to the fact that people were commenting on it on an unrelated Kiki (girl with cancer) post.

Nov 22, 2012 at 06:58AM EST
Quote

@ExudesAffluence
I met a wild brony once… before I was a brony.
Except there were misunderstandings:
>Thought he liked G3 Ponies.
>Never knew there was a G4.

Never saw another brony again.

Nov 22, 2012 at 07:17AM EST

Awww…that’s too bad bad, man.

May you meet a cornucopia of fans of equine marshmallows.


Thinking about the porn….I think Comedy Central has done this before.

Remember Dave Chappelle’s show? It was Comedy Central’s highest rated show and regularly had uncensored penises on there.

Hell, one of them is even somewhat relevant to our situation: A puppet on a segment parodying Sesame Street PSAs pulled his dick out in front of a bunch of kids.

So I guess they get away with this all the time? It is cable after all.

Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 07:44AM EST
Nov 22, 2012 at 07:44AM EST
Quote

bioniclebrony? wrote:

@ExudesAffluence
I met a wild brony once… before I was a brony.
Except there were misunderstandings:
>Thought he liked G3 Ponies.
>Never knew there was a G4.

Never saw another brony again.

I once had a similar experience… There was a girl who I was friends with in high-school who kept mentioning all of… this. And I never Believed her.

… Imagine my surprise when I got to college and suddenly… I meet a brony.

And now… I am still waiting for someone to find a way to contact her so I can Admit excitedly announce to her that I was wrong and she was right. And also that I’m now part of the fandom.

In my defense, I was originally thinking being a brony was kinda like being a hipster… doing it for the irony… as opposed to all the usual stuff. Either that or a rare occurrence.

As for my first Actual experience with bronies… well…

Imagine a youth with a great bear like body structure. Not fat, not strong, just broad shouldered and a thick rib cage. With a complexion and hair color that looks Irish.

>mfw he starts talking about how he watches MLP

…Meanwhile, across the room from him, the resident gay guy at the college doesn’t care one way or the other for MLP. And seems to be more interested in all the freaking indie horror games that come out.

My life has now officially subverted every assumption that society made over the last 50 years.

…I have no right to be surprised at this point.

(Well, that train of thought kinda meandered a bit. And turned out to be more of a counter-point-ish anecdote than it was a comparable one.)

Nov 22, 2012 at 09:43AM EST
Quote

@Meeting other bronies

For quite a while I was the only brony I knew of, and all my friends made fun of me for it. Actually, they still do, but that’s beside the point. Anyway… One day I was talking to one of my other friends, throwing casual pony references into the conversation as I tend to do without even noticing it, when he called me on it. He actually recognized them as pony references! He claimed to be one of those “ironic” bronies, but I knew that was only a phase… Full brony-hood would soon follow.

A little while later, I posted an image on Facebook that was vaguely pony related.

And a bunch of other people commented on it! Turns out, I knew more bronies than I thought I did. Go figure.

Nov 22, 2012 at 10:17AM EST
Quote

I also met a fellow brony at my last job at a library. He was like 5 years older than me and had just graduated from an arts college and we ended up talking for a good 5 to 10 minutes straight about pony.

Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 10:35AM EST
Nov 22, 2012 at 10:35AM EST
Quote

@Meeting other bronies: I’m still waiting… Waiting… Waiting…

@Derpy Vazquez: Thanksgiving, hum? I never got what it means…
Oh, and I’m Sweetie Belle, the lovable earth pony, destined to love parasprites (Wut)

@Commodore 64: Really nice, maybe everyone one here have IRL brony friends. Maybe your
parents are bronies, maybe your neighbour is a brony, or your brother or your dog! Who knows?

Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 10:49AM EST
Nov 22, 2012 at 10:48AM EST
Quote

I met a few Bronies IRL. I work at a mall, and there are a few people who come in with some form of pony stuff on them. Once I even had someone come in Fluttershy Cosplay. Always try to give them a Brohoof.

There are a few people at my college who are as well. There are at least two females that had something pony on them (a “Join the Herd” shirt, and a Pinkie and RD key chain) and another who was drawing what I assume was a pony OC in her lecture notes. However, I really only had courage (for fear of me being perceived as creepy/ stalking) to talk to one of them, and even then, it was little more than a Brohoof. There are also a few Bronies I know through my younger brother, who is much more open about being a Brony IRL.

Also, was lucky enough to convince one of my friends to watch the show. He was really reluctant at first, and if it was not for our 4 years of knowing each other really well, he would never have given it a chance, but now he loves it.

Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 11:05AM EST
Nov 22, 2012 at 10:59AM EST
Quote

@DerpyVazquez thingy

Feather Sombra, the Girly Griphon, Destined to Discover the Wonderbolts…

Okay, most of that is fine… but what on earth does this mean by “Discover the Wonderbolts”?

Cause… they are kinda common knowledge in Equestria… Unless… its referring to some specific ancient predecessors to the current wonder-bolts.

Congratulations Pony Destiny, you just made me into Lara-Croft: Tomb Raider.

Nov 22, 2012 at 11:23AM EST
Quote

@Jacob:

Also, was lucky enough to convince one of my friends to watch the show. He was really reluctant at first, and if it was not for our 4 years of knowing each other really well, he would never have given it a chance, but now he loves it.

That’s the type of thing I tell my group, but still they stare at me in disbelief. Ah well, I suppose I was once a skeptic like them (but then I took a pony to the brain). Actually, one of them offered to watch an episode once, but he changed his mind before I could pick one.

@Bruno
My dog is best brony.

Nov 22, 2012 at 11:52AM EST
Quote

I have never met a Brony, but I am sure that there must be some out there. Well I don’t let my powerlevel sparkle, if you know what I mean, so this doesn’t really help. But I am still playing with the idea of buying one of those subtle pony-shirts…hm but dat shipping…

I had to explain my youtube recommendations to a friend once, as there is a lot of pony going on. So I made some explanations, watched with him some pmvs and the KYM episode (which I think is quite well made), but he didn’t want to see an episode of the show. I didn’t want to force it on him, so I just said that he is missing out on a lot of fun. Perhaps I have made him curious and he tries it sometime, but if they are stubborn – what else can you say.

@Verbose
Ah thanks for the information. I was just suprised that they let these news slip by, because it was actually noteworthy. I do agree with you, that the reasoning in the comment isn’t really plausible. Hm I think that they could have opened a discussion topic at least.

BTW: There hasn’t been any sign of an apocalyse yet and it seems that most people are over and done with it. Still some things will remain and remember of this incident.
#BigMacInTosh

Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 12:40PM EST
Nov 22, 2012 at 12:17PM EST
Quote

@Whitishcollar and the dirty joke at the end of that last comment

… Just… no… I’m fine with Rule 34 of most kinds when I’m looking for it. But a mental picture that detailed being used here on a clean area like this is just… a little off-putting.

I’ll go look for that brain bleach I had earlier.

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:49PM EST
Quote

Commodore 64 wrote:

@Meeting other bronies

For quite a while I was the only brony I knew of, and all my friends made fun of me for it. Actually, they still do, but that’s beside the point. Anyway… One day I was talking to one of my other friends, throwing casual pony references into the conversation as I tend to do without even noticing it, when he called me on it. He actually recognized them as pony references! He claimed to be one of those “ironic” bronies, but I knew that was only a phase… Full brony-hood would soon follow.

A little while later, I posted an image on Facebook that was vaguely pony related.

And a bunch of other people commented on it! Turns out, I knew more bronies than I thought I did. Go figure.

Actually, I know a good deal of bronies now, but all of them are people I haven’t seen in years. Life story, go! Not sure if I’ve told this one here, but I gave a condensed version on my deviantArt.

Many, many years ago, I was a youth living in a very small town in Idaho, of about ten thousand people, and I had friends like a normal youth. When I was eleven, most of my friends and I scattered literally around the entire world: England, Singapore, Hawai’i and me going to northern Virginia. Since there was no Facebook, I had no real way to keep in contact with more than two or three of them, but just this summer, one of the few that I keep up with had a friend move to a certain small town in Idaho. We managed to find pretty much all of our old friends on Facebook, and what do I find?

Ponies. Ponies everywhere. The girl who sat next to me in sixth grade English class? Her profile picture is Rainbow Dash (but Rainbow Factory Rainbow Dash, which is kinda weird, but whatever). The guy who sat behind me in sixth grade math? Ponies all over his wall. Like four of them were bronies. It was great.

Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 01:06PM EST
Nov 22, 2012 at 12:56PM EST
Quote

I actually tried to make my brother a brony a while ago (mostly cus we have similar taste) but he didn’t seem too interested after I showed him the first two episodes * le sigh * He still watches an episode with me every now and again when he’s bored, so there’s that. I’m also thankful that he’s not judge-y about it

Nov 22, 2012 at 01:08PM EST
Quote

I have not met a real brony in IRL besides this one kid at my school.
Same grade, I was looking to find another brony at my school. I walk up to the new kid that came to our school (I think he was new, this was in 6th grade I think) and ask him if he watches MLP.
He says yes.
One day I ask him who’s his favorite pony. He says Twilight Sparkle.

It was awkward, even though we became friends I never talked about MLP like that to him ever again. Now we don’t hang out as much, hence me being a loner most of the time in my school (HENCE the Lone in my name).

(Also, the K in my name can mean many things, on a side note. Ex: Korean, Killer, King, Kid, Kangaroo, Kraken, etc. etc., although I choose the first mostly.)

There is also this kid who will sometimes uses the fact that I am a brony to insult me, but he does not go so far as to reveal it to the whole school.

Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 01:25PM EST
Nov 22, 2012 at 01:22PM EST
Quote

I’ve actually had a lot of experience with bronies/fans of the show, but they’ve mostly been intentional.
 
In terms of close friends I knew IRL first, none are bronies (or at least not open about it.) The circles I run in include a lot of jocks, preps, and more liberal Christians, and none of which spend a lot of time on the pony-side of the Internet.
 
 
>implying ponies aren’t everywhere on the internet
 
 
I do have one friend IRL who is a fan of the show, but he hates a lot of the social ignorance of the fandom. I call myself a socially aware feminist, but he’s pretty extreme with his ideologies. So the fact that there is such thing as Niggertron, a Derpy Hooves, and the fact that people hate the idea of a racial minority humanized Twilight makes him hate most bronies. The fact that Yamino and Purple Tinker got so much excessive grief he attributes to their ideologies or gender, respectively and not to the fact that they are the easiest people to get along with if you differ in your beliefs. So he loves the show, but doesn’t identify with the fandom at all.
 
And I’ve said before that I’ve met Fifths, opspe, and Bob (three users on KYM if you don’t know them), but I knew them online first.

While at Bronycon, I saw and met various bronies (Megasweet and aphexangel were the two I was most excited to meet. And aphex is a really interesting person. True stand up guy.) Of course, opspe and I saw bronies in New York City who were in partial or full cosplay in the city and at the con. At the Chicago meet-up where I met Fifths, there were quite a few bronies there too with shirts and plushes.
 
I also stopped by a meetup here in Misery that I saw online. I didn’t say much since I was going on a run, but I said hi and said that I knew about the show. Also, there was an anime con here where I met Semehammer and various other bronies.
 
 
I got soooo many prints.


 

Click for larger version of work of dabes Ponu comic artist.


And self-declared Best Pone.

Nov 22, 2012 at 01:30PM EST
Quote

There should be a Thanksgiving episode, but instead, they do an episode about the CMC and a new character involving a pony that looks like a ponified version of Joan Jett.

Nov 22, 2012 at 01:36PM EST
Quote

I know of a few bronies that go to my college. I can tell because they wear t-shirts of Vinyl Scratch and Doctor Whooves. I’ve never actually talked to any of them. Too nervous. My family thinks I’m weird for watching the show. My sister thinks I’m a creep. None of my friends are bronies, but they will watch parodies on youtube.

Nov 22, 2012 at 02:04PM EST
Quote

I have no problem with more CMC episodes. I used to hate them at first but I now find them rather adorable. I don’t think it’d make much sense for MLP to have a Thanksgiving episode because the show is animated in Canada, the toy line (I’m pretty sure) is international and the show is distributed internationally. They could make an episode about their own Thanksgiving-like holiday, like they did with Halloween and Christmas, but I find that pretty unnecessary.

Nov 22, 2012 at 02:05PM EST
Quote

@ZeroBlue4
Sorry for that play on words, I came accross it in a comment today and found it just hilarious. You can be gratefull that those overpriced personal computers are called macs now, because you would never be able to read that name the same way again.

@Holidays
Halloween was never really a thing around here, but this has changed about five years ago. This year I have seen some people go around trick-or-treating for the first time and halloween parties have been popping up everywhere. So apparantly the next thing that will spill over is Thanksgiving.

@CMC
The first ponu episode I’ve really watched was “Ponyville Confidential”, that episode had me laughing so hard that I started to tear up. I don’t know, perhaps it just caught me off guard, but after that I knew that I would watch the whole damn show. So yes I like those CMCs…

Nov 22, 2012 at 02:53PM EST
Quote

@CMC
Truth be told, I didn’t really like the CMC episodes in the beginning. I liked them as characters on the show, but I just didn’t like the episodes that focused solely on them. It’s not that they were bad, but I found them to be fairly “meh…”

Then “Hearts and Hooves Day” came along, followed shortly by “Ponyville Confidential.” I really enjoyed those ones, so I look forward to seeing what they have planned for the CMC in season 3.

Hm, is “Stare Master” considered a CMC episode? That one ranks among my favourites as well.

@Whitishcollar
What play on words? It’s true, Macs are everywhere, I can’t understand what else that could possibly be a reference to. Nothing at all. Denial? Me? Nope.

Nov 22, 2012 at 03:32PM EST
Quote

chowzburgerz wrote:

There should be a Thanksgiving episode, but instead, they do an episode about the CMC and a new character involving a pony that looks like a ponified version of Joan Jett.

You know… The “Apple family Reunion” may count as a late example of something nearly Thanksgiving like in nature… if not completely in synch with reality.

Why am I saying this? I don’t even know what Thanksgiving is about other than a cheap lunch.

Us Australians don’t have thanksgiving.

Not sure if I should be sad… or smug about this fact.

Nov 22, 2012 at 03:58PM EST
Quote

Hey guys, it seems that I missed the drama of Tosh.0. I might as well say my opinion before it becomes irrelevant. Tosh.0 is not new to using very grotesque humour, he even made a joke where he implied that he had sex with a horse. But the image that he showed on live television will certainly will hurt his career for two reasons:

1. MLP is intellectual property of Hasbro, most likely he used this image without their permission and it tarnish Hasbro’s image on national television so he will most likely will be sued some amount of money to compensate.

2. He might lose advertisement money due to the nature of the content that he showed, advertisers might not want to be associated with the content that he showed.

I do not think that his show will be cancelled, it might be cancelled, but that is a worst case scenario for Tosh.0. I honestly don’t care what happens to the show, it use to be funny but as the show progressed he became less funny because he was reusing so much material that I have seen.

@Meeting an IRL Brony
I think I know one who goes to my school who uses this site, but I don’t talk to him. Aside from that I never formally meet a brony recently.

Announcement:
I will be hosting the next live stream at 7 pm on Sunday, so grab your popcorn and get your waifu or husbando ready to join the stream.

Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 04:41PM EST
Nov 22, 2012 at 04:27PM EST
Quote

Did…

…Did aphex propose through a comic?
 
 
If so, then to each his own. And I’d think he knows his potential fianceé better than most, so he wouldn’t do it if he didn’t think she’d like it.
 
But also if so:
 

 
 
…That’s a little more than cringe worthy. Not gonna lie.
 
But congrats to him (even if it’s actually just an OC representation of what actually happened. Again, he seems like a really cool guy.

Nov 22, 2012 at 04:43PM EST
Quote

Suddenly, CONVERSATION!

@Bronies, IRL
Well, I met Fifths a few weeks ago and we both went to EQLA so I’ve technically met a lot of bronies, though I’ve only had significant conversations with a small handful.
The only ‘wild’ pony experience I’ve had was actually after the first day of EQLA when Fifths and I went out to dinner.
Without realizing it, I had forgotten to change out of my CMC shirt:

By the time we got there, it was too late to do anything so I just went with it.
No one really seemed to care until one of the passing waitresses stopped and did a double-take before asking ‘Is that My Little Pony with vampires?’
I guess she thought the ‘Crusaders’ was ‘Vampires’ with the way I was leaning forward.
I explained that no, it was just a rock’n’roll CMC shirt, and she still smiled and went about her work.
That was it.
Not really a riveting story but it is what it is.

@Whitish’s Pun
You think seeing the BigMacInTosh pun in writing was funny/disturbing?
I found where someone actually drew it.
Goodbye, brain.

@Verbose
Oh, wow!
He really did!
You may find it weird, but I think it’s cute.
It’s definitely unique and, as you said, he wouldn’t have done it that way if she was going to be completely unreceptive.
I see it as being similar to those people who propose on the jumbo-tron and sporting events.
It is meant to be a big show for the public in a format that both of the participants enjoy.
More power to them, I say.
The standard format is kind of boring anyway.

Congrats, Aphex and new fiance!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!

Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 05:11PM EST
Nov 22, 2012 at 05:01PM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!