Forums / Discussion / General

168,550 total conversations in 5,398 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10167 posts from 235 users

Da dancing Spike wrote:

well……catalyst would happen in the first episode…..

the end

ya i don’t think you can live on the sun

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:17PM EDT
Quote

UnderWaterTree wrote:

ya i don’t think you can live on the sun

Normally..yeah its impossible.

But in a cartoon universe……you would get a nice tan…or just be stuck

like in this episode

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:40PM EDT
Quote

UnderWaterTree wrote:

ya i don’t think you can live on the sun

“You can’t believe everything you read, I’m afraid.”

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:53PM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

Whoops, didn’t notice someone had posted this
just like
a few hours before me.
Oh well.

Jul 10, 2012 at 01:13PM EDT
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

Whoops, didn’t notice someone had posted this
just like
a few hours before me.
Oh well.

Never too much Wonderbolts!

(Apart from the fact they should be flying F-16s. I dunno, I always thought they were the Thunderbirds over Blue Angels)

Honestly, the Wonderbolts are what really got me into this show in the first episode. Having been raised in the Air Force, having seen the Blue Angels, Red Arrows, Thunderbirds (three or four times) and the Strike Eagle Demo Team (I’ve even got a SEDT duffel bag), the fact that there was a stunt demo team (in my fanon, part of the equally fanon Equestrian Air Force) immediatly made the show a lot cooler.

@Onion, below

The show more or less did the same for me, although porn was not a regular habit of mine by any stretch. It (the show, not the pr0n) just gave me some good, clean fun.

Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 01:44PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 01:30PM EDT
Quote

Guys, I just want to comment what amazing thing this show has done to me that no other thing in the whole world has done. It made me stop watching porn for a month and a half straight. This was when I first discovered the show, watching about 3-4 episodes a week, it was during the wait for season 2 when I failed and watched porn again.

But during that time… boy, was I happy. I felt like a kid again. A bit like I was watching powerpuff girls once more, it had a tinge of nostalgia into it. Pure and innocent, colorful and lively, fun and endearing. Back then I didn’t know of cloppers, just bronies. People who enjoyed the show for reasons the same as mine.

Because of this, I can’t believe cloppers, which by the way, are the majority of the brony community nowadays. How can you clop to something so innocent and clean? How can you say you understand the lessons if you only see the ponies as sex objects? How can you give the fandom a good name if you go around saying you’re turned on by this?

Really sorry for that. I know we should be getting along and whatnot. I just needed to vent.

Jul 10, 2012 at 01:31PM EDT
Quote

@Onion:

That’s very nice but uhhh…the majority of the fandom aren’t cloppers actually :(

Jul 10, 2012 at 02:14PM EDT
Quote

Man, there’s sure is a lot of favoritism in this thread sometimes. You know what I mean.


@Onion

First of all, you are absolutely incorrect if you think the majority of bronies are cloppers. I’m not sure how you even came to that conclusion. Non-humanized pony porn, while perhaps more popular than one would expect, is by far not the dominant part of the fandom.

Also, you did not need to vent, you wanted to vent. Sorry to come down on your word choice, but let’s be real here.

As to everything else, the last thing I want to do is arouse R34 discussion again. Sometimes it feels like that’s half of all we talk about, I assume because of it’s controversial nature. Just remember that quite of bit of that is played for laughs, like Zarathh’s post shows. There are definitely people who like pony plot, including some of the more famous bronies, but still. And before anyone cracks a joke about that Lyra-on-a-stick not being R34, all I’m saying is that it plays off the same sense of humor.


Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 02:19PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 02:15PM EDT
Quote

Millennial Dan wrote:

Man, there’s sure is a lot of favoritism in this thread sometimes. You know what I mean.


@Onion

First of all, you are absolutely incorrect if you think the majority of bronies are cloppers. I’m not sure how you even came to that conclusion. Non-humanized pony porn, while perhaps more popular than one would expect, is by far not the dominant part of the fandom.

Also, you did not need to vent, you wanted to vent. Sorry to come down on your word choice, but let’s be real here.

As to everything else, the last thing I want to do is arouse R34 discussion again. Sometimes it feels like that’s half of all we talk about, I assume because of it’s controversial nature. Just remember that quite of bit of that is played for laughs, like Zarathh’s post shows. There are definitely people who like pony plot, including some of the more famous bronies, but still. And before anyone cracks a joke about that Lyra-on-a-stick not being R34, all I’m saying is that it plays off the same sense of humor.


>“like what Zaranthh’s post shows”
>"Zaranthh’s
>n
>Wat

Jul 10, 2012 at 02:18PM EDT
Quote

I watched the wrong episode of South Park today…Scott Tenorman Must Die. And one of Cartman’s plans of getting revenge on Scott was to have a pony bit his um…thingy off. He tried to train it on a hot dog thingy, but instead of biting it, the pony…did….something…totally reminded me of this clopping meme. I fear for what the internet probably is doing to this right now because it reminded me of the worst of the ponies.

Jul 10, 2012 at 02:22PM EDT
Quote

Onion Syrup wrote:

Guys, I just want to comment what amazing thing this show has done to me that no other thing in the whole world has done. It made me stop watching porn for a month and a half straight. This was when I first discovered the show, watching about 3-4 episodes a week, it was during the wait for season 2 when I failed and watched porn again.

But during that time… boy, was I happy. I felt like a kid again. A bit like I was watching powerpuff girls once more, it had a tinge of nostalgia into it. Pure and innocent, colorful and lively, fun and endearing. Back then I didn’t know of cloppers, just bronies. People who enjoyed the show for reasons the same as mine.

Because of this, I can’t believe cloppers, which by the way, are the majority of the brony community nowadays. How can you clop to something so innocent and clean? How can you say you understand the lessons if you only see the ponies as sex objects? How can you give the fandom a good name if you go around saying you’re turned on by this?

Really sorry for that. I know we should be getting along and whatnot. I just needed to vent.

Wow, back on that topic already? That must be a new record for us. I can’t remember the last page that didn’t have a reference to porn in the brony community on it somewhere.

Anyways, I don’t see how watching porn should be considered a bad thing we should be trying to cleanse from ourselves. Of course, there are limits: if you’re watching porn where any participant involved is being abused in some way, then you’re a bad person and you should feel bad. I know it objectifies men and women for the satisfaction of the viewer, and that would normally be a bad thing in other media, but it’s kind of the whole point here. It’s just a sexual aid, so we shouldn’t expect anything deeper from it. As far as I know, most porn actors don’t mind it, so I don’t see why we should be bothered by it either.

I disagree with your statement that ‘the majority of the brony community are cloppers’. Verbose and opspe from this site ran a pretty extensive survey of the brony community recently, and they found what most of use expected: cloppers are a fairly small minority. They can be a little vocal sometimes, but it seems to me like clop-haters are even louder still (and much less friendly). They’re not quite as big a problem as you think they are (that is, if they’re really a problem at all). I also don’t think cloppers all see the ponies as mere sex objects. I’ve read many accounts where people claimed to feel strong attractions to some of the characters that weren’t sexual, and their sexual attractions emerged from that later. They’re obviously not as perverted as you’re implying.

I guess it is sorta corrupting the innocence of the show to make pornography from it, but I think a little corruption can be a good laugh at times. If this fandom cut out everything like sex and violence, it would be nowhere near as fun in my opinion. It would completely devastate the fanfic community, which often relies very heavily on things like violence, death, heartbreak and romance to tell good stories. It would also require the banishment of many of our best artists, like JJ or Megasweet. I’ve never understood why so many people feel compelled to keep everything the same as the original show, as taking a few artistic liberties with the original source material has lead to a ridiculous amount of brilliant fan content.

Anyways, I think I’m going off on a tangent here… the point is, cloppers really aren’t the bad people you think they are, and I don’t think they should be criticised for what they do. I know a few cloppers, and trust me: they are not messed-up sexual deviants (well, except maybe Brownmane…). They’re just normal people who contribute as much to this fandom as anybody else. If anything, the clop community gets on better than the brony community at large, so I’d say they’re doing a better job at sticking to the show’s morals. They’re definitely better at tolerance, that’s for sure.

Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 02:39PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 02:33PM EDT
Quote

So I tend to visit Minecraft forums pretty much every day (1.3 update news and all that). Took a break from that site yesterday and guess what? GW2 beta key giveaway, that’s what. Obviously when I noticed the giveaway event 12ish hours after it started all of the keys were gone!

There goes my chance to join the last beta event.

mfw “We ran out of keys”:

Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 03:05PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 03:05PM EDT
Quote

Algernon wrote:

If anything, the clop community gets on better than the brony community at large, so I’d say they’re doing a better job at sticking to the show’s morals.

Ok, I think it’s safe to say this discussion has officially jumped the shark again and should probably be dropped for at least a single damn page. Seriously? What’s wrong with you people? You can’t think of anything else to talk about?

@Zarathh
That’s some weepypasta so absurd it makes you feel dumber for looking at.

Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 03:37PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 03:33PM EDT
Quote

New subject. What do you all think about 4chan’s /mlp/ community? I’ve never been and I never want to go there.

Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 03:42PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 03:39PM EDT
Quote

Zarathh wrote:


#Feels

Oh and to make the picture Zarathh seem to have more feels…
>Rocket to Insanity.
Pinkie thinks more feels will come from the picture now with that in your heads.

Jul 10, 2012 at 03:41PM EDT
Quote

I post stuff wrote:

So I tend to visit Minecraft forums pretty much every day (1.3 update news and all that). Took a break from that site yesterday and guess what? GW2 beta key giveaway, that’s what. Obviously when I noticed the giveaway event 12ish hours after it started all of the keys were gone!

There goes my chance to join the last beta event.

mfw “We ran out of keys”:

i have blacklight so im good

Jul 10, 2012 at 03:46PM EDT
Quote

@Onion
I’m going to agree with everything that Algernon and Dan have already said while also providing a little support, too.
Porn/R34 content is a much smaller segment of the fandom than you seem to believe.
In fact, Ponibooru, the site largely considered to harbor some of the most ‘deviant’ bronies on the net only got up to about 4% explicit pictures by its demise.
CLICK HERE FOR STATS OVERLOAD (Way too big to embed!)
Don’t forget that ‘explicit also includes quite a lot of violent art that has nothing to do with sex: Cupcakes, gore, vore, etc. (Honestly, this stuff bothers me far more than any sexual content I’ve seen.)
Based on that, the idea that ‘cloppers’ are a majority is just silly.

And again, as Algernon said, those that are cloppers are not waking up and saying ‘How can I corrupt the universe a little more today’ like some kind of supervillain.
I can never find it when I want it, but there is a great screen grab of a post (from 4chan, I think) that explains a lot of the common motivations behind guys who like porn of cartoon characters, specifically anime, but much of it translated well to ponies, too.
The fact that it is being made for specific characters and not simply generic girls of whatever form should be a hint that there is something deeper than just pure physical arousal.

@Zarathh
Now I feel weird because I’ve been using a Lyra mod for the frying pan.
It’s not that Lyra, but it’s still a little close for comfort…

@Subject Change
Sorry for contributing to the R34 stuff.
I never bring it up, but I do truly find the psychology very interesting so I end up tl;dr responding all the time.
Heh, heh… my bad…

Anyway, on the /mlp/ topic, I can truthfully say that I have never once gone to 4chan outside of clicking on some random link that took me there to see some specific post or something.
I’ve never made a post of my own.
I’ve never looked through the boards.
Nothing.

Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 03:54PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 03:47PM EDT
Quote

Zarathh wrote:



just trow her body im 50% she wont come back and try to kill you

Jul 10, 2012 at 03:49PM EDT
Quote

Gigatoast wrote:

Algernon wrote:

If anything, the clop community gets on better than the brony community at large, so I’d say they’re doing a better job at sticking to the show’s morals.

Ok, I think it’s safe to say this discussion has officially jumped the shark again and should probably be dropped for at least a single damn page. Seriously? What’s wrong with you people? You can’t think of anything else to talk about?

@Zarathh
That’s some weepypasta so absurd it makes you feel dumber for looking at.

Forgive me for responding to someone who’s obviously concerned about something. I’m not a big fan of how frequently clop gets brought up in this thread either, but this time I thought it was worth responding to it.

Oh, and I still think that line you quoted is valid. Since the show is aimed at children, it makes no comment on sexual morality whatsoever. As long as they aren’t hurting anyone and they’re generally supportive of each other in the clop community (which they are, at least as far as I know), then they’re doing alright. Most of the intolerance in the fandom appears to come from those in opposition to the ‘darker’ sides of the fandom. The only intolerance I’ve seen from cloppers is an intolerance of the intolerance directed towards them, which is kinda understandable.


So yeah, I’ll drop the subject if everyone’s getting sick of it. I don’t want it to become a Pony General taboo though. I swear most of the butthurt over that Derpy fiasco occurred because people weren’t even allowing others to express their views on the matter, and I don’t want that to happen again.

Jul 10, 2012 at 04:05PM EDT
Quote

Zarathh wrote:

And now the Lyra Plushie is in TF2.

Scout found himself a new bat protector, and I like how the baseball has Lyra on it as well.

Good thing it’s not Rainbow Dash though, since rainbows make Scout cry.

Jul 10, 2012 at 04:19PM EDT
Quote

Algernon wrote:

Forgive me for responding to someone who’s obviously concerned about something. I’m not a big fan of how frequently clop gets brought up in this thread either, but this time I thought it was worth responding to it.

Oh, and I still think that line you quoted is valid. Since the show is aimed at children, it makes no comment on sexual morality whatsoever. As long as they aren’t hurting anyone and they’re generally supportive of each other in the clop community (which they are, at least as far as I know), then they’re doing alright. Most of the intolerance in the fandom appears to come from those in opposition to the ‘darker’ sides of the fandom. The only intolerance I’ve seen from cloppers is an intolerance of the intolerance directed towards them, which is kinda understandable.


So yeah, I’ll drop the subject if everyone’s getting sick of it. I don’t want it to become a Pony General taboo though. I swear most of the butthurt over that Derpy fiasco occurred because people weren’t even allowing others to express their views on the matter, and I don’t want that to happen again.

You seem to have missed the point, he whole concept of a ‘clop community’ is just bizarre and a bit revolting. Do you honestly think there are whole groups of people who get together to create pornography for each other and discuss masturbation techniques? Last time I checked masturbation was a solo affair, not exactly the kind of thing you form an honest to god community around.

Jul 10, 2012 at 04:32PM EDT
Quote

Zarathh wrote:

>“like what Zaranthh’s post shows”
>"Zaranthh’s
>n
>Wat

Heck, that was pretty minor compared to the typo at the beginning of my post. Anyway, I bet you’ve mistyped a user name before.

As for /mlp/, I’ve only been over there a few times, and I’ve never posted anything. 4chan kind of annoys me, since a lot of its users see themselves as the ultimate rulers of the web or something. Obviously, that’s not the case with everyone in a user base that large, but there’s been enough of it to keep me away.


Algernon wrote:

I swear most of the butthurt over that Derpy fiasco occurred because people weren’t even allowing others to express their views on the matter, and I don’t want that to happen again.

I’ll certainly agree with you there.

It’s not so much that explicit stuff is an unworthy topic or anything, it’s just been coming up so much lately that it’s becoming a bit tiresome.


We need some serious cuteness up in here right now.

There, much better.

Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 04:39PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 04:36PM EDT
Quote

Daft Punkjet wrote:

I watched the wrong episode of South Park today…Scott Tenorman Must Die. And one of Cartman’s plans of getting revenge on Scott was to have a pony bit his um…thingy off. He tried to train it on a hot dog thingy, but instead of biting it, the pony…did….something…totally reminded me of this clopping meme. I fear for what the internet probably is doing to this right now because it reminded me of the worst of the ponies.

Well, Southpark’s gonna Southpark.

I wouldn’t worry about it, that sorta stuff is really easy to avoid in our fandom unless you actively look for it.

Jul 10, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
Quote

Edan, Herper of Many Derps wrote:

Okay, I just caught a male Ponyta. What should I name him? Preferably a unicorn name.

Pokey, as in Pokey Peirce. That’s the only unicorn I can think of right off the top of my head, and if you don’t like the name, you can always use the name rater to change it.

To bad you didn’t catch a female one, you could’ve named it Twilight.

Jul 10, 2012 at 04:57PM EDT
Quote

Disturbed B wrote:

South Park

wait. no. sorry. didn’t learn anything today

“Mmmmffbugfmmfgmmmfmfp! Pufffmmdg!”

“You tell ’em, Kenny!”

Jul 10, 2012 at 05:06PM EDT
Quote

Zarathh wrote:

New subject. What do you all think about 4chan’s /mlp/ community? I’ve never been and I never want to go there.

was lurking in there for a bit before i bailed out. there are some decent threads in there (wallpaper dump threads, some AiE fanfiction stuff that are actually good)


that’s my current wallpaper, which i managed to snag from one of the dump threads. (i actually have a lot of these in one folder, set to change every 30 minutes. hides my powerlevel quite well too.)

the bad stuff? well, i’ll leave it to your imagination… being 4chan and all.

@Derpy being beside me suddenly:
tussle her mane, stuff a muffin in her mouth and cuddle her until her eyes straighten out.. and yeah, do my best in preventing her from damaging property.

also, i was writing a paper about human lactation (don’t ask. part of the college program) when this came up…


i honestly LOL’ed.

Jul 10, 2012 at 05:09PM EDT
Quote

Ashki wrote:

Pokey, as in Pokey Peirce. That’s the only unicorn I can think of right off the top of my head, and if you don’t like the name, you can always use the name rater to change it.

To bad you didn’t catch a female one, you could’ve named it Twilight.

I have a shiny Ponyta lying around here somewhere. If it’s male, I’m definitely renaming it Shining Armor, and if it’s female, I literally do not give a fuck and will name it Shining Armor anyway. But da’ bitch don’ even got a cutie mark.

Jul 10, 2012 at 05:10PM EDT
Quote

ExudesAffluence wrote:

I have a shiny Ponyta lying around here somewhere. If it’s male, I’m definitely renaming it Shining Armor, and if it’s female, I literally do not give a fuck and will name it Shining Armor anyway. But da’ bitch don’ even got a cutie mark.

Heh, the Changeling and Chrysalis ones remind me of a picture in the gallery I just recently came across.

Those would be awesome, especially if they had the Dream World Ditto ability to transform right away.

Also, you’re a lucky bastard. All the times I’ve played these games, I’ve never run into a shiny, outside those scripted ones.

Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 05:25PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 05:13PM EDT
Quote

F*ck my last post post was kind of embarrassing. I probably shouldn’t have done that, although reading in hindsight was hilarious. It actually started out like any other of my posts, until I decided to screw editing for cohesion and just let my drunk self take over and stuff.

Well, I just woke up like 15 minutes ago, so I’d say I slept for a good 12 hours or so. That was actually the second time I really got drunk like that, the first being at my 19th birthday party (the legal drinking age in Newfoundland), except it was actually a day before my actual birthday but screw the rules I have alcohol. It was fun, perhaps a little too fun, and I did some stuff that I kind of still regret to this day while drunk, so I decided to swear off of alcohol, or at least excessive alcohol for good. Until yesterday.

That wasn’t that bad actually. I should start drinking more often. Didn’t do anything really stupid this time, so I think I’m mature enough at this point to handle being a little drunk as long as I’m in control of myself. Which I wasn’t the first time.

My head kind of hurts right now, but I don’t think I’m really hungover. Not that I know what that feels like.

Also Fifths, you sexist son of a bitch. That’s why we luv u <3

Jul 10, 2012 at 05:15PM EDT
Quote

Well, you did better then I ever could. Last time I got drunk all I wanted to do was to go to bed, nothing else.

Jul 10, 2012 at 05:19PM EDT
Quote

Why are we discussing rule 34 again? Shit guys, if this is all we ever talk about, then no wonder people think we’re a bunch of cloppers.

I’d actually be more interested in discussing the polar opposite of the R34 community, the bronies who react the most venemously against it. You know the ones I’m talking about, the ones who see ponies as a surrogate childhood of sorts, who insist on it being “innocent” and squeaky clean as possible. I feel this attitude where everything sexual or violent is suppressed is just as distorted as the ones where sexuality and violence are emphasized.

See, nostalgia makes people stupid, it makes us invent retarded and overly idealized versions of what childhood and innocence entail. A child might not know intellectually what sex and violence are, but they sure as hell understand them on an implicit level. Millions of years of evolution have seen to that. A kid understands implicitly that the reason why a thing with sharp teeth and claws is scary is because it can rend you into bloody ribbons. A kid understands implicitly that there is something a little deeper than friendship going on between Shining Armor and Cadance.

Good children’s TV won’t make that stuff explicit, it’s obviously a bit too much for a kid to take in all at once, but I think it’s definately appropriate to imply those things. To deny them completely only serves to make your show lifeless and sterile by robbing it of its humanity. This is why the earlier My Little Ponies suck so hard, they are these creepy, lifeless “cute” things that apparently reproduce via rainbows and lollipops. If I was interested in watching something that is as simple and pure as a fucking flower, I’d switch to the gardening channel.

@4chan

They’re dumbasses. They think they’re hot shit because they’ve managed a few minor accomplishments like taking down a few websites and bugging the scientologists, but they’ve only managed that because there are so many of them. Get enough dumbasses in a room together and they’ll do something notable, if not exactly admirable.

@Twins

Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 05:39PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 05:26PM EDT
Quote

@deadparrot’s chart thing
Interesting. I would have never expected some of this stuff. Like there’s apparently a bunch of Rainbow Dash r34 compared to the others, and how Rarity pics have the highest score on average (which makes sense if you think about it), and how Angel has like no pics at all, and how there’s a a massive spike of Tank pics in late November, and all sorts of other tidbits.

Shows you a lot about the fandom.

Jul 10, 2012 at 05:35PM EDT
Quote

Spent most of last night writing a script while checking the gallery once in a while, taking a break to eat a Gansito from the fridge every 2 hours. Took a nap at around 5 again, woke up at 7 to do morning stuff, come back to this thread, and then BAM! R34 discussion.

Seriously? I just barely last night asked us to avoid continuous discussion of a topic that always goes nowhere, and we return to R34. This is the reason I haven’t posted as much. You know, for people who get ticked by thread derails, you sure like to talk about things that seem more appropriate for a thread not called Pony General. \rant. Well. I shouldn’t be one to talk anyway. But I guess I can play a little douche who points out my douchyness. Well. Back to ponies.

@Twins
Well I was reading that drunk post, it was quite adorable actually. Picturing how one would look while doing so made me have an unmanly giggle fit a hearty laugh.

Like that. Don’t vorry. It’s always is a bitch the first time, I remember going overboard myself. Spewing chunks! Spewing chunks everywhere!

@BSoD
Wow, you sure know more about alcohol than me. All I do is just drink straight tequila or open a few Coronas. I should take some lessons, really. Maybe then I won’t wake up outside shirtless that much.

@Fifths
I get your point, but some bronies take the ponies as innocence incarnate because they want an escape from the grimy and filthy cesspool that is the real world. So there’s that.

Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 05:36PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 05:36PM EDT
Quote

@Fifths
Good points!
Heck, not only do they imply relationships, they’ve even implied potential infidelity.
This scene gave me quite a laugh!

I’ve never understood this idea that sexualiztion immediately and irreversibly ‘damages’ a character, either.
I mean, in real life, can someone not have a girlfriend (boyfriend, spouse, whatever) that they fully enjoy both platonically and sexually?
Why must the two ideas be considered so mutually exclusive?

(Just so you know, this could still be considered a R34 conversation so the topic hasn’t exactly been changed, but I do like the new angle.)

@Twins
“What did we tell you about excessive drinking, young lady?”

I love big statistic dumps like that.
Lots of data with little direct interpretation lets you analyze it and come to your own theories/conclusions.
For example, Scootaloo has more pictures than either of the other crusaders, but also has the lowest average score and lowest average favorite count per picture, while Sweetie Belle is the exact opposite: lower number of pics, but apparently of higher quality on average.

Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 06:02PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 05:46PM EDT
Quote

Fifths wrote:

Why are we discussing rule 34 again? Shit guys, if this is all we ever talk about, then no wonder people think we’re a bunch of cloppers.

I’d actually be more interested in discussing the polar opposite of the R34 community, the bronies who react the most venemously against it. You know the ones I’m talking about, the ones who see ponies as a surrogate childhood of sorts, who insist on it being “innocent” and squeaky clean as possible. I feel this attitude where everything sexual or violent is suppressed is just as distorted as the ones where sexuality and violence are emphasized.

See, nostalgia makes people stupid, it makes us invent retarded and overly idealized versions of what childhood and innocence entail. A child might not know intellectually what sex and violence are, but they sure as hell understand them on an implicit level. Millions of years of evolution have seen to that. A kid understands implicitly that the reason why a thing with sharp teeth and claws is scary is because it can rend you into bloody ribbons. A kid understands implicitly that there is something a little deeper than friendship going on between Shining Armor and Cadance.

Good children’s TV won’t make that stuff explicit, it’s obviously a bit too much for a kid to take in all at once, but I think it’s definately appropriate to imply those things. To deny them completely only serves to make your show lifeless and sterile by robbing it of its humanity. This is why the earlier My Little Ponies suck so hard, they are these creepy, lifeless “cute” things that apparently reproduce via rainbows and lollipops. If I was interested in watching something that is as simple and pure as a fucking flower, I’d switch to the gardening channel.

@4chan

They’re dumbasses. They think they’re hot shit because they’ve managed a few minor accomplishments like taking down a few websites and bugging the scientologists, but they’ve only managed that because there are so many of them. Get enough dumbasses in a room together and they’ll do something notable, if not exactly admirable.

@Twins

This… sort of.

It’s kinda the same problem I chewed out Dac for yesterday. We need apply a heavier distinction between ‘mature content’ and ‘rule34’. If somebrony’s so adamant about keeping all things sacred and clean in the community then they’ve gone too far and are simply being intolerant. It’s the internet, you couldn’t stop it if you wanted to, and besides, the vast majority of quality content produced by the community is much to mature to make it into the show.

But if somebrony is so adamant about keeping the ‘creative freedom’ of the community intact that they’ll outright condemn the criticism of hardcore pornography, then they’re also going waaay too far. Some things (and some people) do not have the right to be defended, they have the right to exist and should be tolerated, but by no means are they above the realm of criticism.

‘Cloppers’ (I still wish we’d stop using that term, it’s ridiculous) are not any more tolerant then your average brony, what is there for them to be intolerant about when they’ve hit the bottom of the barrel?

Now if you’ll excuse me:

Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 05:52PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 05:46PM EDT
Quote

>somebrony
Wow, and I thought using “somepony” when talking to fans of the show was terrible.

Jul 10, 2012 at 05:52PM EDT
Quote

:|

I leave the thread for a few months and when I come back we’re talking about Rule 34 again.

Jesus, I can’t leave any of you alone. At least you’re putting effort into shifting the topic, so that’s good.

\why the hell do we talk about this so much
\no seriously it’s kinda needless
\also, i’m back
\pony genetics is basically just hitting the randomize button

Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 06:24PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 06:23PM EDT
Quote

@gigatoast

Yeah, not quite sure why you got so mad yesterday. I didn’t say the fact sexual content and humor is so popular in our fandom is a bad thing, just that like any online fandom, it’s there. I’ll admit that me saying r34 instead of sexual content was somewhat a poor choice but whatever. Calm yo tits next time.

@cite
Long time no see…

@ the show and how it changed me, onions topic

Algeron pretty much said what I was thinking about porn, so no need to say anything about that. The show hasn’t really changed my life that much. At most, I could say that it gave me that final push to workout. Why? Because I thought " if I’m gonna like a show about ponies, I better be able to intimidate the haters so they don’t say shit". But seriously, haters go for easy targets so I’m making sure I’m not an easy target. I mean, I’m sure I would have started even if I didn’t like ponies, but not when I did. So I thank you for that MLP.

Jul 10, 2012 at 06:31PM EDT
Quote
Last time I checked masturbation was a solo affair, not exactly the kind of thing you form an honest to god community around.

FiMchan

There are specifically sexually-oriented communities of every sort. There are furry communities that discuss sexual content, I’m sure. There are brony ones as well. Don’t underestimate how much people enjoy sexual activity, even when they are doing it by themselves.


@Onion Soup

Are you new here? Or did I just miss your first posts?

Anyway, welcome.

I was much the same way with the show. It kinda kills my sex drive, in all honesty. But even if that was the case for many people (if you really want a tl;dr, then take a look at this), that doesn’t mean it happens for all or even most people.

And there are those that takes the concept of FiM-stylized ponies and make them slightly different. I was just talking about how MixerMike622’s version of ponies are often (dare I say it) cuter than the show style. But even he makes images that are a little saucy.

I think sex, in regards to ponies or anything, is something people take seriously in unhealthy ways. It’s something everyone should know about as long as the information is age and maturity level-appropriate. It’s not something to be feared, but it’s something to be respected.

And much like many things, I think the people who fear it the most don’t know much about it. Even if you had one terrible sexual experience, it doesn’t mean you’re aware of it or your own preferences.

So the only reason why I’d prefer discussion not focus around sexual content is because some people dislike it. I think that they are being immature about it, and it causes more animosity than is necessary, but it’s not up to me to tell them how they should feel about that. It doesn’t hurt me either way.


Last edited Jul 10, 2012 at 06:42PM EDT
Jul 10, 2012 at 06:38PM EDT
Quote

Gonna unsub. Not out of anger of you guys, but my inbox is getting spammed and to be honest, I feel as if I have nothing to contribute. But I will continuet o respond to forumposts and wall posts.
Later.

Jul 10, 2012 at 06:38PM EDT
Quote

Which minor characters that have only had one appearance in an episode should return in season 3?
I think Trixie would be pretty reasonable coming back, basically what would happen is she want’s everyone’s trust back from her lying, so she comes to twilight for help, or something.

Jul 10, 2012 at 06:45PM EDT
Quote

Megalolzors wrote:

Which minor characters that have only had one appearance in an episode should return in season 3?
I think Trixie would be pretty reasonable coming back, basically what would happen is she want’s everyone’s trust back from her lying, so she comes to twilight for help, or something.

if i had to pick, it would be Gilda.

sure, i hated her punk-ass attitude. but considering that she and dashie were best friends before, i don’t see why not. you know, kind of like a “redemption” episode or something. i bet it would be heartwarming too.

Jul 10, 2012 at 06:51PM EDT
Quote

Megalolzors wrote:

Which minor characters that have only had one appearance in an episode should return in season 3?
I think Trixie would be pretty reasonable coming back, basically what would happen is she want’s everyone’s trust back from her lying, so she comes to twilight for help, or something.

I’m hoping for a Trixie return. Someone mentioned Trixie returning in Season 2, and when it didn’t happen, I was dissapoint.

Jul 10, 2012 at 06:52PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!