(Before I start, I just wanna say I expect downvote hell from this. However, I honestly think Season 3 was a weak season, so I’m going to be completely honest with what I thought. Please dont murder me.)
My rankings of the episodes:
1. Crystal Empire (Tied). I’m honestly amazed at the amount of hate for this episode. Yes, Sombra was a crap villain. Everything else though? Brilliant. Just how dramatic the episode was and some genius ideas put into it (the door of fears, the crystal heart, having Spike save the day instead of Twilight, etc.) just made this such a great episode.
1. Sleepless in Ponyville (Tied). The characters had so much emotion in this episode. They felt like real characters, that you actually really care for. And by “Characters”, I mean Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo. I frankly dont care about Luna in this episode (cue downvote hell). Having Rainbow Dash show a softer side was brilliant, and Scootaloo was likable too. Plus, this opened up more doors to more Scootaloo/Rainbow Dash episodes, and that makes me happy.
3. One Bad Apple. This episode was good because it was a simple yet likeable episode. Many simple episodes (see my opinion on Keep Calm and Flutter On/Magic Duel) end up putting huge changes to the series. We dont want that, we want a nice. simple episode without having to deal with the fact that some huge thing resulted from it. And this episode did the right thing. It was simple, enjoyable, and we didn’t have to worry about some huge change. Plus, I’m always up for a new minor character.
4. Magical Mystery Cure. Yes, I did talk about how this episode was disappointing. But they clearly worked VERY hard on this. Aside from the fact that Twilacorn happened, and the fact that the episode felt somewhat rushed, they clearly did put their all into this episode. The songs were the best songs of this season, and the visual effects, OH SWEET JESUS THE VISUAL EFFECTS… yeah, while this wasn’t a great episode, the creators clearly tried their best, and I honor them for that.
5. Games Ponies Play. This episode was hilarious. Thats pretty much why I love it. It always puts a smile on my face when a kids show is able to appeal to everyone like that, especially humor wise. Thats all I really have to say about this episode. Very funny.
6. Too Many Pinkie Pies. A very creative idea, and it turned out well. While this episode wasn’t incredible, it put a smile on your face. Plus, the paint wall idea was amazing. This was a creative episode that showed us how smart the writers can be with their ideas.
7. Magic Duel. This is where I start getting more harsh on the reviews. Magic Duel is, in my opinion, overrated. No, it wasn’t awful. But it left me like this. Trixie was an OK character, the plot was OK, it was… OK. That’s all.
8. Spike at Your Service. This plot has been done to death. The characters in this episode were also pretty boring. So, what was good about it? Well, they had CGI effects, and that was awesome. Other than that? Nothing. But the CGI is just so good it saves it from being lower down the list.
9. Wonderbolts Academy. Boring episode. Characters were boring. Plot was (surprisingly) boring. The ACTION was boring. Entire episode was boring. Next.
10. Just for Sidekicks. There was a scene I laughed at in this. However, the episode was boring, like Wonderbolts Academy. It’s slightly worse than Wonderbolts Academy though, because the moral in this episode was screwed up. According to this episode, if you justify something behind someones back, it’s taken care of, and nobody will ever find out. Nope.avi.
11. Keep Calm and Flutter On. Yes, this episode did have great animation, and had some funny moments. So why is it so low down the list? Simple, they ruined Discord. The fact that they reformed him doesn’t even make sense. How do you reform a GOD? You don’t. So, how did they reform discord? Good question, because I don’t understand it either. Also, I’m going to miss Discord being evil. You don’t have to make Discord GOOD in order to let him appear more in the episodes. Why not, oh I dont know…. MAKE HIM A RECURRING VILLAIN, LIKE IN EVERY OTHER SHOW!? I WANT Discord to be chaotic, not held back from his powers! The chaos is what most of us liked about him! Yeah… not a good episode.
12. Apple Family Reunion. This episode felt like filler. That’s bad. That’s VERY bad. THIS IS
Seriously, the season was only 13 EPISODES. Filler should not be in a season that’s half of the ordinary amount of episodes! We expect MUCH more thought put into an episode when the season is that short. Also, you may hate me for this, but the song wasn’t good either! It was a boring, filler song! THIS ENTIRE EPISODE WAS FILLER!
Anyways, thank you for reading my wall of text. Now go away.