Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10167 posts from 235 users

Sandstone wrote:

@IDW
FUCK
YES
IDW’s been one of the better holders of the Transformers comic liscence (Fuck Dreamwave and Pat Lee.)
I hope ponies get the same treatment that TF did and we get a Spotlight series. Spotlight was one of the best TF comics I’ve seen, giving a specific TF the main focus of the entire comic. We get that with the show already, but a comic series would be even better.

Heh, what I’d like to know is if the ponies had a comic at the time, would they have been part of the Infestation storyline thing that seems to have ran through EVERYTHING that IDW had at the time.

Lol, I’m sure the answer would be no, but it’d be pretty funny.

Last edited Jul 12, 2012 at 03:41PM EDT
Jul 12, 2012 at 03:38PM EDT

@IDW
I second everything that’s been said about it
Epic win
@Fighting is Magic
I really hope I get to be a secret character.
Like Reptile from MK
And costumes
I’m hoping for costumes
That make Rarity Sub-Zero and AJ Scorpion
And Friendship finishers
Me page?
Me page:

Last edited Jul 12, 2012 at 03:41PM EDT
Jul 12, 2012 at 03:39PM EDT

Back Later wrote:

@IDW
I second everything that’s been said about it
Epic win
@Fighting is Magic
I really hope I get to be a secret character.
Like Reptile from MK
And costumes
I’m hoping for costumes
That make Rarity Sub-Zero and AJ Scorpion
And Friendship finishers
Me page?
Me page:

Ever since I saw that Fighting is Magic game, I was like, “yes, Nightmare better be somewhere in there” or I’m going to be disappoint.

Jul 12, 2012 at 03:40PM EDT

@nightmare moon
They said they wouldn’t have costumes or crossovers. Also, they only are gonna have the mane6 for the release. They probably will have you as dlc.

Jul 12, 2012 at 03:44PM EDT

Dac wrote:

@nightmare moon
They said they wouldn’t have costumes or crossovers. Also, they only are gonna have the mane6 for the release. They probably will have you as dlc.

I think what they said was that the mane 6 were going to be single player only, but they’re going to have multiple characters for multiplayer.

Shame I suck at fighting games and am always on the losing end.

All I can say though, I hope the characters could be taken out and used for MUGEN, that would be damn awesome.

Jul 12, 2012 at 03:45PM EDT

This guy will be drawing the official FiM comic series.

I like where this is going.

Jul 12, 2012 at 03:47PM EDT

Gigatoast wrote:

This guy will be drawing the official FiM comic series.

I like where this is going.

My reaction:

Looking good so far. It better have more Luna or I will cut someone (Most likely BSOD since he’s the closest to me)

Jul 12, 2012 at 03:53PM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

My reaction:

Looking good so far. It better have more Luna or I will cut someone (Most likely BSOD since he’s the closest to me)

Well, hopefully it will, she’d have more appearances there then she did in the show, which would be kinda sad.

Jul 12, 2012 at 03:55PM EDT

Ashki wrote:

I think what they said was that the mane 6 were going to be single player only, but they’re going to have multiple characters for multiplayer.

Shame I suck at fighting games and am always on the losing end.

All I can say though, I hope the characters could be taken out and used for MUGEN, that would be damn awesome.

Checkout their FAQ. It says that the mane6 will be the only ones available for release.

Jul 12, 2012 at 04:02PM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

My reaction:

Well, this is the official artist’s character study sheet.
Notice the ‘Luna is best pony.’
Though it’s technically up to the writer, I bet she’ll make an appearance or two.

@Sketch, below
Yeah, it’s been floating around for a while.
I think most people just assumed it was fan art until today!

@Mane6
I believe they said that they would release the game at first with only the main six available to play, then they would steadily offer up new secondary characters on some kind of schedule afterwards.

Last edited Jul 12, 2012 at 04:09PM EDT
Jul 12, 2012 at 04:05PM EDT

Dac wrote:

Checkout their FAQ. It says that the mane6 will be the only ones available for release.

Dafuq? I could’ve sworn they said there were going to be more then just the mane 6.

@DeadParrot: I saw that somewhere, probably here in the gallery, and the fact that it’s done by the people who are now drawing the comic make this quite awesome.

Last edited Jul 12, 2012 at 04:07PM EDT
Jul 12, 2012 at 04:05PM EDT

Ashki wrote:

Dafuq? I could’ve sworn they said there were going to be more then just the mane 6.

@DeadParrot: I saw that somewhere, probably here in the gallery, and the fact that it’s done by the people who are now drawing the comic make this quite awesome.

Ummm, you misunderstand.

Once they finish the mane 6 they’ll release the game in beta, then release the rest of the 17 character one at a time.

Jul 12, 2012 at 04:12PM EDT

@Dac regarding Luna:

How has she been fucked over by the show? She had her own episode, something Celestia hasn’t had yet. Hell, Shining Armor and Cadence had about as much screen time as Celestia did in Season 2, and they were in two episodes, total. Luna isn’t fucked over any more than any other secondary character. She only seems like that because Lunafags whine about how she’s only had one episode.

@IDW:

Hopefully it’s not like the Zebra King ‘comics’…

Did I just ruin your hopes and dreams?

Anyways, I think it’d be pretty neat, and all of that. Not much else to say on it.

@NMM:

You’ll be Shao Kahn.

/discussion

Jul 12, 2012 at 04:14PM EDT

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

@Dac regarding Luna:

How has she been fucked over by the show? She had her own episode, something Celestia hasn’t had yet. Hell, Shining Armor and Cadence had about as much screen time as Celestia did in Season 2, and they were in two episodes, total. Luna isn’t fucked over any more than any other secondary character. She only seems like that because Lunafags whine about how she’s only had one episode.

@IDW:

Hopefully it’s not like the Zebra King ‘comics’…

Did I just ruin your hopes and dreams?

Anyways, I think it’d be pretty neat, and all of that. Not much else to say on it.

@NMM:

You’ll be Shao Kahn.

/discussion

Shao Kahn. ARGH, FLASHBACKS TO THE LATEST MK GAME!

That boss gave me nightmares, no pun intended.

Last edited Jul 12, 2012 at 04:16PM EDT
Jul 12, 2012 at 04:15PM EDT

@solaire
Celestia may not have her own episode, but she makes appearances or is mentioned quite a bit. Luna is forgotten usually and I would like to know where exactly she goes of to all the time. She is never around. She is never at any of the public events and she missed the wedding. It’s just kinda odd.

Just a word of advice. I may use strong language, but don’t take it too seriously.

Jul 12, 2012 at 04:21PM EDT

Solair wrote:

Luna got twice as much screen time as Zecora in season 2 so the Luna fanboys have no right to complain.

Jul 12, 2012 at 04:23PM EDT

Gigatoast wrote:

Solair wrote:

Luna got twice as much screen time as Zecora in season 2 so the Luna fanboys have no right to complain.

Yeah, after the crap in Season 1 and early Season 2, let’s not get started on that again.

Jul 12, 2012 at 04:27PM EDT

Ashki wrote:

Yeah, after the crap in Season 1 and early Season 2, let’s not get started on that again.

CLARIFICATION:
-Luna fans can get a bit clingy and obsessive.

-Luna is still awesome.

Jul 12, 2012 at 04:30PM EDT

Gigatoast wrote:

CLARIFICATION:

-Luna is still awesome.

wait they are pony fanboys?

Jul 12, 2012 at 04:32PM EDT

Gigatoast wrote:

CLARIFICATION:

-Luna is still awesome.

I won’t argue with that, but he is right, you do see Celestia more then Luna, even after her Season 2 centered episode.

Just what is she doing all that time? Oh wait.

As for the comic, I’m still hoping for a crossover. I know most people are going to say Dr. Who (obviously), but I’ll go against the grain and say either Star Trek or Ghostbusters.

Jul 12, 2012 at 04:35PM EDT

UnderWaterTree wrote:

wait they are pony fanboys?

Only for Luna, everyone else is perfectly reasonable. _

EDIT: Also to a lesser extent, Trixie fans.

Last edited Jul 12, 2012 at 04:39PM EDT
Jul 12, 2012 at 04:36PM EDT

Hey, I just made a comment about how I wish Luna would show up along side her sister. I’m not complaining, but fine, I’ll drop it.

Jul 12, 2012 at 04:37PM EDT

@Dac:

Luna was gone for a thousand years. Celestia is till by far the main monarch of Equestria, because she has been for so long. That said, Luna had a healthy amount of screen time for a secondary character. Celestia is similar to Spike in that she’s a supporting main character, just less prevalent.

As for why Luna is absent, it’s pretty obvious that she is nocturnal, as we have yet to see her during the day, and she only has a job at night. So it’s understandable she’s out and about less during the day, which is when everything happens.

@Gigatoast:

I know. Luna grabbed such a massive chunk of the brony fandom so easily that they bitch whenever she doesn’t have the most screentime. I don’t dislike Luna, and I think it’d be nice to see her more often, but goddamn, I don’t think she needs to be the main character.

I’m allowed to complain about them, my brother is a Twi/Lunafag for no explicable reason. He can’t even explain why.

I love Egophilliac, he’s the best.

Jul 12, 2012 at 04:41PM EDT

I wouldn’t say the main character, but if Celestia is around, and it’s night, and they’re shown in Canterlot, yeah, I’d like to see her.

Hell, it was night at the Gala episode and she was nowhere to be found, that’s why I enjoyed the Wedding episode, cause while she oddly didn’t have a part in helping defend the city for whatever reason, at least we saw her.

Jul 12, 2012 at 04:44PM EDT

Sketch the Changeling wrote:

I won’t argue with that, but he is right, you do see Celestia more then Luna, even after her Season 2 centered episode.

As far as number of appearances goes, yes, but in terms of actual screen time Celestia was barely in season 2, with less then half as much dialogue. Most of the time she just showed up at the end of an episode for a few seconds and if she’s lucky gets to say a sentence or two.

She’s never actually been the main focus of a story either.

Now this topic seems to be going off the rails somewhat, I’d like to take this moment to remind everyone of one of the simple truths of life on this earth.

Jul 12, 2012 at 04:48PM EDT

You can try to rationalize why Luna isn’t shown as much as celestia, but does that change the fact that I would like to see her more? No. I’m not demanding more screen time, im not saying the writers suck, I’m just saying I would like to see her more. That’s all. She is never at public events and I find that strange, but let’s say they never show her again, I woudnt really care that much. Really, I’m just saying it would be nice to see her more, but it’s up to them what they want to do with her.

Last edited Jul 12, 2012 at 04:50PM EDT
Jul 12, 2012 at 04:49PM EDT

Speaking as a Luna fan myself, I have this to say:
Celestia appears constantly throughout the show. Here and there, like the Ponyville Confidential as one of the stories in the gossip articles. I am not asking for Luna to get more episodes. I would have been fine if she had made more small-time appearences rather than getting her own episode. So far she’s been sort of a one-shot character so far. One episode and two other appearences. Celestia’s still got a strong role. So overall, I would love to see Luna get more small appearences and Celestia get her own episode to make it fair for her. I like Celestia slightly less than Luna, but that doesn’t mean I want Luna to get all the screentime, just maybe a small appearence here and there.
Tl;Dr, give Celestia her own episode and have Luna make small cameos. Problem solved

Jul 12, 2012 at 04:55PM EDT

I think giving all the secondary characters a bit more prominence couldn’t hurt, really. The Cakes are Pinkie’s living-mates, Spike is kind of a major character, the Royal Couple are definitely important, etc. That includes Celestia and Luna, as they are both pretty major, and very important. I just think that Celestia’s short appearances make sense for her, since she is Twilight’s mentor. She’s going to be listening as the ponies report, or something along those lines. Luna is nocturnal, which made her an obvious choice for the Halloween episode, since it’s a nighttime holiday. It was really just how the mechanics of Season 2 worked out, in my opinion.

Though I would like to see Celestia have an episode, of course, I’m not sure how likely it would be, seeing as how her role is pretty much just a character to show lesson or listen to what the ponies learned. Like we said earlier, though, a flashback episode is possible, and that would give screentime for both the sisters and open up more time for Discord, which I’m sure a lot of fans (myself included) would enjoy.

However, I don’t think we can really complain about Luna’s screentime in Season 2, as she was immensely prominent, compared to others, especially in dialogue and characterization. It’s fine and dandy to hope for more screentime, and I’d approve of that because it’s natural, but I don’t think any of the secondary characters were fucked over by the show in Season 2.

Jul 12, 2012 at 05:01PM EDT

@Gigatoast

@Celestia/Luna stuff
Pyro’s got it right.
Give Celestia an episode and then put the two princesses on reasonably equal ground as far as cameos and special event appearances go.
That would both satisfy the fans of each and make more sense in-universe with their jointly ruled kingdom.

Jul 12, 2012 at 05:11PM EDT

Ending of Celestia’s episode

Dear… wait a sec why the fuck am I writing a letter to myself…

Jul 12, 2012 at 05:16PM EDT

A Celestia episode might be good, depending on how it is written. As for making Luna appear more often, I think they should make it where Luna appears at night and Celestia in the day, with few exceptions for both. Also, if they are writing a letter at night, it would be to Luna, but both sisters get to read it, and it would be addressed to both, and vice versa for the day, giving them more equal roles, as it was in in the story and should be in the show. That’s my 2 cents on the matter.

Jul 12, 2012 at 05:36PM EDT

@Where the fuck is Luna all the time?

Well, my personal head canon has always been that Luna is a duty-obsessed workaholic who isn’t afraid to get a little blood on her hooves. We don’t see her making many royal visits or reading friendship letters because she’s too busy doing important shit.

I like to think that during the royal wedding, Luna was out in the field hunting and killing changelings. I mean, weddings are all well and good, but not when there’s a freaking menace to contend with!

Last edited Jul 12, 2012 at 06:40PM EDT
Jul 12, 2012 at 06:37PM EDT

@Fifths
You may be onto something there!
Princess Luna: royal debutante by day, kick ass crime fighter by night!

Jul 12, 2012 at 07:04PM EDT

Why the hell are grown men arguing over who is the best pony from a little girls cartoon?

Cause its obviously Fluttershy.

Jul 12, 2012 at 07:45PM EDT

@What is Luna doing: Whatever she wants to do. I think she’d have enough power to at least be able to forego sleep as much as she wishes. Same as Celestia. Luna has her spare time in the daytime and Celestia’s at night.

Jul 12, 2012 at 09:08PM EDT

@Dead Parrot

Luna as a super hero, doesn’t that just make sense? Just imagine her jumping out of the shadows to stop a robbery all while babbling crazy incomprehensible nonsense in THE ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE!

@Nathan

mfw

Though I disagree with your choice of pony sir, I do admire your wit. Good show.

Jul 12, 2012 at 09:30PM EDT

I should probably start using the forums here as well… i think this may actually be my first post in this topic. =P

Anyways, was anyone else a little dissapointed about rarity being just re-skin of twilight on adventure pony?

Last edited Jul 12, 2012 at 09:50PM EDT
Jul 12, 2012 at 09:50PM EDT

>Pinkie’s face when she reads this thread’s choice of favorite pony.

This amuses Pinkie, it really does!!

Its quite obvious that everyone know who is the best pony. The best pony who is the best party animal the most intellectual…the most wise…and the most interesting…

IT’S GUMMY YOU FOOLS, ITS ALWAYS GUMMY!
I admire that little alligator that lives in Pinkie’s home that Pinkie takes the pleasure to do cosplays in his honor.

Jul 12, 2012 at 09:59PM EDT

I saw watched this and i have to say that IS is what Luna is doing. (inb4 luna is not on the moon anymore)

Also, new topic: If you could do any drug with any pony, what would it be and who would you do it with? I’d get high with Fluttershy.

i know someone is gonna say crack with pinkie, or get drunk with applejack

Jul 12, 2012 at 10:02PM EDT

@nathan
odd question but ok

I’d shoot up roids with this mofo!
Or drink martinis with rarity.

Say no to drugs.

( I wouldn’t really shoot up roids)

Last edited Jul 12, 2012 at 10:23PM EDT
Jul 12, 2012 at 10:19PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

What Luna is doing:

Excuse me good sir, I believe that is called Clopplauding.
themoreyouknow.jpg

Jul 12, 2012 at 10:22PM EDT

Not Nathan wrote:

I saw watched this and i have to say that IS is what Luna is doing. (inb4 luna is not on the moon anymore)

Also, new topic: If you could do any drug with any pony, what would it be and who would you do it with? I’d get high with Fluttershy.

i know someone is gonna say crack with pinkie, or get drunk with applejack

What about steroids with Rainbow Dash, or Ritalin with Twilight Sparkle (For studying those late nights)?

Jul 12, 2012 at 10:23PM EDT

@Nathan

I’d do caffeine with Twilight Sparkle.

And then they talked.

Your Best Pony discussion is over (Because the answer is obviously Twilight, anyway.)

Jul 12, 2012 at 10:24PM EDT

@ Dac the non-bender

MORALFAG

Just throwing twilight in there cause i felt she was a moralfag too.
Don’t take it bad though.

And Yes… i know

I dont do drugs and i did it for the lulz, i just wanted to know what you guys would have done.

Jul 12, 2012 at 10:43PM EDT

@Nathan

After all this time, you’re still interested about ponies doing drugs. Now that’s dedication.
As for my answer: going out drinking with Berry or doing LSD with Pinkie.

Jul 12, 2012 at 10:48PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!