Forums / General

191,125 total conversations in 5,241 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10,167 conversations with 235 participants

Dac wrote:

I think it’s weird how you guys talk about ponies so much. Are you guys fags?

Why, yes.
Yes, I am.
I even got to be in an episode with best pony!

Scoota-fag, away!

@/mlp/ episode

Yeah, this is all just bluster and internet bragging.
I highly doubt that anything more than a few pictures and maybe a gif or two will come out of it, especially considering how little follow-through really matters on a board where anyone can be anonymous at any time.
Looks like some are already popping up, too.

Pretty cute and all, but I still don’t foresee this progressing much beyond Bender-style rebellion.

Apr 01, 2013 at 05:43PM EDT

Dac wrote:

I think it’s weird how you guys talk about ponies so much. Are you guys fags?

Apr 01, 2013 at 06:06PM EDT

10 Pages to go fags gents!

Let’s see how fast we can fill this shit up.

Although I just don’t know if I’m that excited for the show anymore. Just doesn’t have the same spark it used to you know? Especially with all the Pandering….I can’t do this anymore with a straight face, April Fool’s day!

Last edited Apr 01, 2013 at 06:09PM EDT
Apr 01, 2013 at 06:07PM EDT

Yeah, McCarthy’s having fun today.
(That Daring Do one… Awesome.)

Last edited Apr 01, 2013 at 06:19PM EDT
Apr 01, 2013 at 06:19PM EDT

I know you guys are probably trying to forget those creatures that crawled from the depths of Hades into our image gallery yesterday, so let me bring them up again. Here is the creator explaining himself (he isn’t a native English speaker):

Also (in the other picture’s comments), he confirms they have two vaginas and that he will be doing the rest of the mane six.

Apr 01, 2013 at 07:17PM EDT

DeadParrot222 wrote:

Yeah, McCarthy’s having fun today.
(That Daring Do one… Awesome.)

Alright McCarthy, you officially made the cut. Prepare to be bred with M.A. Larson to produce gen 5’s writers.

Apr 01, 2013 at 07:50PM EDT

@ Deadparrot: Somehow, it wouldn’t surprise me if Dash was one of those “I’m leaving the fandom cus x” type of fans

@Skyman: Well, at least the guy is making what he likes, and isn’t doing it to fuck with people… I guess.

Apr 01, 2013 at 08:00PM EDT

Alex Mercer wrote:

Hey gaiz..
やらないか?

I don’t know about you…
but I, for one, welcome our new Japanese pony overlords.
Ponies in Japanese school uniforms are hawt.

Last edited Apr 02, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT
Apr 02, 2013 at 12:15AM EDT

Shiiiiiiiiiiiit MAD just can’t get enough of parodying MLP and Bronies. Now we have another skit but this time it features Rainbow Dash voiced by Tara Strong.

How long until they just make one episode that’s just one long MLP/Brony Parody?

Apr 02, 2013 at 12:33AM EDT

That Japanese opening screams anime so much I can practically see the school uniforms appearing on the ponies.

Apr 02, 2013 at 01:37AM EDT

Heya ponesters. Let’s see what everyone has been talking about in my absence…

>Sunset Shimmer. Evidently, not a character from the show.
>Something about dreams I guess.
>Season three poster guy earned some scorn for uncredited vectors and boringness.
>Derpy tiem.
>Mane6 gets to work with Faust, and gets a shiny new game engine. Woot! This is why I hate it when people badmouth Lauren.
>The infamous Equestria Girls--duh-duh-duuuuh!!! No one is quite sure if series, movie, or just toys.
>Lots of anthro and humanization talk. Again.
>Pony General naming poll. I voted for Twilight Sparkle and the Deathly Hasbro. And I don’t give a buck.
>Peeps sharing their Steam accounts. Such good friends…
>A few synchtubes were had. Since then, synchtube has apparently died a very tragic death.
>Sex talk? Uh huh, yeah, okay.
>Stuff about Scootaloo’s parentage. M.A. Larson is such a kidder.
>R34 was stumbled upon by a young’un. That actually does bother me.
>Tara Strong and Meghan McCarthy are also silly Tweeters.
>Music talk.
>OC challenge.
>Some guys named Supreme and xTSGx and Lunar Protege joined the forum.
>Something about Daleks and bookmarks.
>Ridiculous Rainbow Dash NSFW meme. Also, Dash’s orientation.
>Odd pics of BSoD
>Comic stuff, both spoilered and not.
>Twilight in lingerie. You guys…
>Twitter makes Andy Price and Katie Cook go insane. Join the club.
>Lyra kills Dan. Not this Dan, the other Dan. The one that’s a jerk. Totally not me.
>Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell. I should probably give it a read sometime.
>Magical Mystery Cure still makes zero sense. Not even the show’s creators know what’s going on.
>Some cool theories about earth ponies.
>Philosophical talk about masculinity and watching ponies.
>Goofy talk about Mane Six power levels.
>Alicorns and other races.
>Spike ascends to doghood.
>Evan Hechenbach published an autobiography. Something about bullies? Verbose doesn’t feel a thing.
>Unfathomable quantities of text soon followed.
>EqD poll about cultures. How cheesy.
>Moar naming poll. Bureaucracy starts to confuse everyone.
>Fifths declares it’s better to suffer honorably than choose the easy way out. Slow clap all the way.
>Some people had some birthdays.
>Lauren had some interesting things to say about some early concepts.
>A poll about the poll? Are you guys kidding me?
>Some kind of questionnaire from RandomMan. Not my kind of thing.
>Best background pony. (Is Derpy.)
>St. Patrick’s Day leads to heritage talk. Ponies unrelated.
>Srs bsns. No comment.
>Muumi posted arts.
>Brony Census shows Fluttershy is Best Pony, and a lot of people accidentally clicked Twilight’s name.
>Some people got uptight about Luna.
>Some knucklehead wants to marry a Twilight doll or somesuch.
>RandomMan has a harem of men?
>Season four is really, really far away.
>EVEN MORE POLLING NONSENSE.
>Ponies went Japanese.
>MLP chess set and dominoes.
>Still talking about Luna.
>When the topic turns to weather, I get really worried.
>The Hub and spoilers.
>More game makers become bronies.
>No one ever sleeps.
>DeadParrot would make poor TwiGuy jealous.
>Snowdrop. Still haven’t seen it.
>Boxxy is a brony? Hahahaha! I don’t why that’s funny.
>Some foo’ called Mr. Scratch make a KYM TF2 thing and I wasn’t on it. 500 hrs in and I still get no respect. :P (At least Tim gave me Dota, he’s awesome like that.)
>Derpy gets a card. If only she could have her name back. Alas!
>Rarity fights giant crabs. Fabulously.
>Looks like a NSFW MLP thread died.
>TF2 posturing. I wouldn’t know anything about that.
>Fifths drew some stuff.
>Plushies, and drugs. Hmm.
>Insouciant celebrated an entire year’s time on this crazy site. Others posted sappy memories.
>There’s apparently a pony named “Rarity” in season four.
>Dreams again? We do laps on this thread.
>MLP manga. I like the sound of that.
>Pony graffiti. Cutie Mark Crusaders Vandals, go!
>Comic covers.
>Complicated discussion about proper criticism.
>Silly Scenes from a hat meme thing.
>Happy Easter.
>Double Rainboom. Haven’t seen it, not interested either.
>Disability episode. Please please please let it be about Scootaloo.
>Dissing Pony Creator. Smug for being a member of OC-drawing master race.
>Weird humantaur things.
>Dave Polsky for S4. This is a good thing.
>/mlp/ talking about doing one of Faust’s episode ideas. I for one am totally behind this, especially if it were that Big Mac episode. The deer thing, well, maybe.
>More Meghan silliness.
>Japanese opening.

Let it never be said that I’m not paying attention. But why have I been so quiet, asked no one? Basically, I’ve been…

Happy April first y’all.
Last edited Apr 02, 2013 at 01:46AM EDT
Apr 02, 2013 at 01:43AM EDT

Kewln00bs name isn't special wrote:

Shiiiiiiiiiiiit MAD just can’t get enough of parodying MLP and Bronies. Now we have another skit but this time it features Rainbow Dash voiced by Tara Strong.

How long until they just make one episode that’s just one long MLP/Brony Parody?

Well at least link to it if you’re going to bring it up! :)

I propose that ‘Halloween Donkey’ be Dash’s official alternate name.

Tara has a pretty decent Dash voice, actually.
Ashleigh is obviously perfect for the role, but this is… nice.

(Also, I know I’m going to kick myself when I find out because I know that I know this but… who is the voice of the kid? He sounds so familiar but I just can’t place it.)

Last edited Apr 02, 2013 at 02:02AM EDT
Apr 02, 2013 at 01:58AM EDT

@Deadparrot222
I believe that’s Kath Soucie, voice of the Deville twins from Rugrats.

Apr 02, 2013 at 02:40AM EDT

Good show, Ma’am.

Good show.

Now I want to hear someone make that song!

Sorry for the double post, but I missed my edit window by twenty minutes…

@Stunthead
Not the character I was thinking of, but the name led me to it.
Total facepalm moment as Futurama is probably in my top 5 favorite shows and she’s freaking Cubert!

Thank you!
That was annoying the hell out of me.

Have some fun Tavi/Vinyl:

Last edited Apr 02, 2013 at 02:58AM EDT
Apr 02, 2013 at 02:53AM EDT

@/mlp/ episode

They mine as well throw in the towel now, because the second Hasbro hears this project originated on the cesspool of the internet, they’re gonna colony drop their entire legal dept on it.

@Skymankez
“Also (in the other picture’s comments), he confirms they have two vaginas and that he will be doing the rest of the mane six.”

Why would that be something he’d need to confirm?!

@Trolling creators

If I were them, I’d totally sneak in something legit and then say so just to reap the extra lulz from everybody panicking.

Also, when’s the Forum Title Election? Cause I have a SuperPAC flush with bits, ready to dump pointless ads about the Deathly Hasbro’s superiority.

Last edited Apr 02, 2013 at 04:35AM EDT
Apr 02, 2013 at 04:34AM EDT

@Dan

Wait, you mean to tell me you read through ALL of those pages in enough detail to summarize it? Criminy, how did you manage that!?

You must be as bored as Megan McCarthy right now (She’s having way too much fun with those tweets.)

Apr 02, 2013 at 05:11AM EDT

Screw you, lolover.

Actually, dude man guy made another post immediately afterwards, so I can’t really tell. But unless he dropped out of med school, I’m guessing he just killed two birds with one orange spell. Here’s hoping that he’s still in school (unless he just doesn’t want to be.)

Apr 02, 2013 at 07:18AM EDT

@Rainbow Dash and Bernstein: Well, that was just terrible.

Also, guess what? The japanese opening of My Little Pony!

Actually, I was waiting for something like this:

Last edited Apr 02, 2013 at 12:30PM EDT
Apr 02, 2013 at 12:29PM EDT

So it seems as though the Japanese version of the show is blocked in the U.S. (due to same restrictions that block the original episodes), but a backdoor has been found!
Click Here For Kawaii Pony!
(That link worked for me at least. Hopefully it will work for others.)

I don’t watch a lot of anime or Japanese-dubbed shows, but overall I’d have to say that this sounds pretty good.
Twilight’s actress does an especially great job.
I didn’t understand a word she said but you could still pull the emotion of the scene out of her tone alone.
RD was a little ‘meh’ for me and AJ just sounded really odd without her usual accent, but the others were solid, if not particularly spectacular.

Japanese tends to use more syllables than English to say the same things which makes some of the lines pretty awkwardly mismatched with the animation, but that’s to be expected.
God damn does this Pinkie have to talk like lightning, though.

Oh, and just in case you missed it, Pinkie finally made the leap into our dimension today.

Source
Man, that’s a big plushie!

Last edited Apr 02, 2013 at 01:20PM EDT
Apr 02, 2013 at 01:15PM EDT

@Japanese Pony

Is it just me? Or does it seem a little too natural to hear Twilight Speaking in Japanese?

Nobody?

Oh well, maybe it’s just my headcanon of Twilight being Ja-Pony-se.

…I need to stop making jokes…

Apr 02, 2013 at 01:28PM EDT

Lunar Protege wrote:

@Japanese Pony

Is it just me? Or does it seem a little too natural to hear Twilight Speaking in Japanese?

Nobody?

You should do stand-up with Verbose.

Apr 02, 2013 at 02:49PM EDT

@BSoD

I thought it would only take a few minutes to skim through everything… oh, how wrong I was.

@Verbose

That latest update seems like a pretty good representation of what tumblr is like.

Hey, speaking of tumblr, Slice of Pony Life finally concluded its Nightmare Night arc. You know, a long time ago during one of our synchtube sessions (RIP), some of you scoffed at the idea of a FIM series placed a few years in the future when I suggested it. It’s all in the writing, folks. I tell you, if anyone could pull off some good episodes, it’d be Egophiliac.

As for the one that some people on /mlp/ would like to make, they probably won’t follow through, but I still think it’s a good idea.

@DeadParrot

If they ever messed with Fluttershy’s wings, I would flip my %$! like you’ve never seen %$! flipped before.

Apr 02, 2013 at 03:12PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

You should do stand-up with Verbose.

That was a good one! Even though I joined this thread VERY late, I feel more comfortable posting here!
524 more posts to go!

Who’s getting the last post?

Last edited Apr 02, 2013 at 03:22PM EDT
Apr 02, 2013 at 03:17PM EDT

markhaox14 wrote:

That was a good one! Even though I joined this thread VERY late, I feel more comfortable posting here!
524 more posts to go!

Who’s getting the last post?

The mod that locks the thread. There is no hope for you.

Last edited Apr 02, 2013 at 07:17PM EDT
Apr 02, 2013 at 04:18PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

There is but one… a new hope! One that may help me get final comment…

…Nah…Probably not. But I will post on the final page!

Apr 02, 2013 at 08:02PM EDT

@Verbose

I kind of lost interest in Sketchy Twilight after the Twilicorn rant. Mainly because it >implies the artist will be ignoring canon in future updates. Canon cherrypicking mildly rustles my jimmies. The only time it’s acceptable is if canon josses your story/comic/tumblr and you have to ignore it to keep the plot going. Plus there’s the whole “updates as often as Night’s Favored Child” thing, but it seems like all the Tumblr blogs I like are doing that now-in-days.

@Fimfiction

Thank Celestia the human ban was just a pretty badly planned April Fools joke. My rage would have been unstoppable and the jimmy rustling would have registered on reichter scales in Moscow had it been real. Not to mention turning Fimfiction into the fandom’s version of Somolia.

Apr 02, 2013 at 08:45PM EDT

@DeadParrot: I’m surprised Dash’s voice was one of the “worse” ones, considering how good Japanese voice actresses usually are at voicing boy-ish/scratchy voices like Dash’s

You know, It just sunk in with me that this will be my first pony thread I will be seeing through to the end. I was around when Pony General V was here (lurking), but it’s still such an odd experience for me

Apr 02, 2013 at 09:30PM EDT

So I found this at work (a decently sized grocery store) today.

ALL HAIL THE PETITE PONY MASTER RACE.

Apr 02, 2013 at 09:43PM EDT

DeadParrot222 wrote:

So it seems as though the Japanese version of the show is blocked in the U.S. (due to same restrictions that block the original episodes), but a backdoor has been found!
Click Here For Kawaii Pony!
(That link worked for me at least. Hopefully it will work for others.)

I don’t watch a lot of anime or Japanese-dubbed shows, but overall I’d have to say that this sounds pretty good.
Twilight’s actress does an especially great job.
I didn’t understand a word she said but you could still pull the emotion of the scene out of her tone alone.
RD was a little ‘meh’ for me and AJ just sounded really odd without her usual accent, but the others were solid, if not particularly spectacular.

Japanese tends to use more syllables than English to say the same things which makes some of the lines pretty awkwardly mismatched with the animation, but that’s to be expected.
God damn does this Pinkie have to talk like lightning, though.

Oh, and just in case you missed it, Pinkie finally made the leap into our dimension today.

Source
Man, that’s a big plushie!

Since its so big and obvoiusly gonna take up room, does it come with a hole in the back to store stuff?

like my throbbing penis?</div
Apr 02, 2013 at 10:20PM EDT

Lunar Protege wrote:

@Japanese Pony

Nobody?

Hey you stole my pun!

That ain’t nice. :<

Apr 02, 2013 at 10:23PM EDT

Dac wrote:

Since its so big and obvoiusly gonna take up room, does it come with a hole in the back to store stuff?

like my throbbing penis?</div

You know what’s sad? The creator of this plush had to specifically state that she does not make plushies with holes in the back. I don’t think there are many plush creators for other fandoms that have to do that.

Apr 02, 2013 at 10:48PM EDT

@Crimson

I’m sure it wasn’t “necessary” to be mentioned. Mostly only nerdy trolls would be asking for that in the first place anyway. (See Dac, ahaha.)

For so much biped pony action, this is seriously awesome. And I totally dig the beat.

Last edited Apr 02, 2013 at 11:00PM EDT
Apr 02, 2013 at 10:55PM EDT

aerolyt wrote:

So I found this at work (a decently sized grocery store) today.

ALL HAIL THE PETITE PONY MASTER RACE.

FRAUD!!! THAT PONY IS AN ABOMINATION!!! DESTROY THAT EXCUSE FOR A TOY!!!

It’s all right… it’s gone now…

Um…right… so, who wants to bring up another MY LITTLE PONY video? Don’t be shy…

Last edited Apr 03, 2013 at 12:08AM EDT
Apr 03, 2013 at 12:01AM EDT

@Dan
Nerdy troll?!??

Anyways, nothing agaisnt bronies( every Internet fandom has creeps), but I think it was better that she stated upfront she wouldn’t do that, if only to avoid emails every now and then asking if she would do that. Especially with people like this!

</div
Last edited Apr 03, 2013 at 12:15AM EDT
Apr 03, 2013 at 12:09AM EDT

Announcer: Yu Darvish is one out away from pitching a perfect game.

The CMC are excited.

Announcer: Here’s the pitch to Gonzalez and the ball goes by Darvish’s leg for a base hit, and the perfect game is ruined.

Sweetie Belle: Oh come on!!!!

Someone please make this comic.

Apr 03, 2013 at 12:40AM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

What? Mod that locks the thread gets last post?

Well, RandomMan dashed all my hopes in one fell swoop… oh, well. I’ll see y’all on the last page. Peace!

Apr 03, 2013 at 02:36AM EDT

Damn it Double Rainboom song. I hate you and your earworm-iness. I’ve been listening to this thing nonstop all day. My ears are going to be bleeding rainbow glow, will always show, when you’re flying u--damn it!

Apr 03, 2013 at 03:41AM EDT

DeadParrot222 wrote:

Good show, Ma’am.

Good show.

Now I want to hear someone make that song!

Sorry for the double post, but I missed my edit window by twenty minutes…

@Stunthead
Not the character I was thinking of, but the name led me to it.
Total facepalm moment as Futurama is probably in my top 5 favorite shows and she’s freaking Cubert!

Thank you!
That was annoying the hell out of me.

Have some fun Tavi/Vinyl:

mfw animation thats even better than original

That was great. Think I need to watch that about a dozen more times now.

Apr 03, 2013 at 11:41AM EDT

Fifths wrote:

mfw animation thats even better than original

That was great. Think I need to watch that about a dozen more times now.

Yep, it was an awesome expansion on the original!
(Just don’t go looking up the version with lyrics. Trust me.)

More music?
More music!
Time for some Scoota-Muse!

New pony game!
From the guy who made those solid Colgate platformers from a while back, here is

Frantic platforming under short time limits!
It actually gets pretty tough!
Give it a try here: MINUETTE VS. TARDINESS

Some more belated April Fool’s postings from the show staff!

FlutterGully, ftw!
(Oh, and before anyone gets confused by the picture of M.A. Larson there, these were actually posted by Steffan Andrews, one of the show composers who works with Daniel Ingram. He was just having fun impersonating Larson, but his disguise is ruined by his @orchetect name.)

Another golden tweet from him that was technically posted last year, but I haven’t seen it before so it’s new to me!

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more!

Last edited Apr 03, 2013 at 01:24PM EDT
Apr 03, 2013 at 01:23PM EDT

@Deadparrot22

Is it bad that I want those April Fool jokes to actually be true. Spielberg directing/producing season five? Robin Williams and Tim Curry guest starring? The CMC becoming villains? Derpy singing? Sign me up.

Last edited Apr 03, 2013 at 01:37PM EDT
Apr 03, 2013 at 01:36PM EDT

Season 4 speculation time:
In this video (which was made over a year ago)

The commentator speculates that Applejack doesn’t get many episodes about her goals or life lessons because she for the most part attained the goal she wanted (working at Sweet Apple Acres) and learned any lessons she needed to learn (be less stubborn and learn to ask for help), and so writers have been having trouble giving AJ something to do besides be a moral support character. I would agree with this for the most part, but since the passing of season 3, I think the writers have finally given AJ something else to do.

In Apple Family Reunion, AJ volunteers to organize the event, and gets nervous about not doing things right and letting her entire family down. She may feel this pressure not only because she has to organize a large event that only happens every 100 moons, but she may also want to prove herself worthy of one day inheriting Sweet Apple Acres. Right now, AJ is only a worker horse, and it seems that the whole thing is run for the most part by Granny Smith. We already know that AJ’s dream is to work on the farm (which is something she already accomplished), so it would seem natural that by extension she would want to be the one to run it some day. I think, if this were true, there could be a lot more about her to be explored in season 4.

Maybe everyone already thought this and I’m just late to the party, but I’m hoping this is a subject that is touched upon in season 4 (or possibly later seasons if they exist).

Apr 03, 2013 at 01:37PM EDT

@Applejack

I would have thought that Applejack’s new thing was that she works too hard.

No, not in the sense she won’t ask for help, that ship has sailed…

I mean, she’s a workaholic. In a sense somewhere between Twilight’s Prudence and Rainbow Dash’s Try hardness.

And so I propose that Applejack get an episode where Granny Smith and Big Macintosh insist that Applejack take a holiday after Applejack has a stressful afternoon. But while on holiday, Applejack continues to be plagued with worries about the farm.

…And when it turns out the family are doing quite well without her, she begins to freak out about where she belongs, and where she fits in. And she tries getting another job, but it only exacerbates the stress that her family sent her away to get rid of.

It then takes the full efforts of Pinkie Pie and Twilight to pull Applejack away so she can calm down and enjoy a day off; so she can realize that it’s not her job that defines her. And that sometimes, when her friends don’t need her help at that moment, maybe that doesn’t mean they don’t want her company…

Or something along those lines.

In fact, lets letter to Celestia this thing!

Dear Princess

Today I learned that though there are days where giving all the help you can give is a good thing, sometimes there are days where you need to spend some time to give yourself a rest.

Because while helping others is a beautiful thing, sometimes you need to tend to yourself so you don’t hurt yourself trying to help your friends.

And the beautiful thing about friendship, is that a friend will always be there to help you relax and enjoy life, so you don’t wear yourself out.

Your Honest Subject: Applejack.

Last edited Apr 03, 2013 at 03:18PM EDT
Apr 03, 2013 at 03:07PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!