Forums / General

195,591 total conversations in 5,383 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10,167 conversations with 235 participants

@Whitishcollar

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, I’m quite aware how much my microphone sucks. Painfully aware. I’m also quite aware how miserably poor I am. Painfully aware.

Hopefully one day I’ll be able to afford some decent recording equipment, but until then, I just have to deal with the shitty sound.

Last edited Jul 24, 2012 at 09:36PM EDT
Jul 24, 2012 at 09:34PM EDT
Quote

/Gasps for air

Been lurking for a few pages…

Well that and I have no internet here in Puerto Rico.

I’m just gonna leave this here, I just uploaded this to memebase, I would be very grateful if you guys thumbs up it. Ok for the story behind this, Believe it or not i was driving down a road in PR when i saw this sign and had to pull over to take a picture. It’s some random Mexican restaurant that’s advertising itself with a cactus that has a troll face.

Thumbs up here!

I need to hit the front page!

Ok now to keep this post within thread topic, mandatory pony.

Last edited Jul 24, 2012 at 10:23PM EDT
Jul 24, 2012 at 10:22PM EDT
Quote

WARNING: DO NOT WATCH IF YOU ARE A RARITY FAN

So, I just found this video and thought I’d share it with you guys. It’s so funny, I peed a little. Granted, I had to pee really bad, so this might just be sorta funny. Whatever. Here it is:




I’m gonna go change my pants.

Rarity is still awesome.

Last edited Jul 25, 2012 at 12:51AM EDT
Jul 25, 2012 at 12:50AM EDT
Quote

So, I’ve been pretty obsessed with pony plushies over the past few months (in case no one’s noticed) and I just feel like spreading the word on some cool deals that are out there.
Not sure if anyone here is interested, but if you’ve ever thought about buying a cute little pony for yourself, check out some of these auctions.
As I’m typing this, they are all (except for one of the Lunas) under $100, many under $50.

Luna:
CHIBI WOONA (This one is criminally cheap for the quality!)
SEASON 2 LUNA (At $170 right now, would easily commission for double! Free shipping, too!)

Rainbow Dash:
CHIBI RAINBOW DASH (Very cute! Check the description for a site offering custom commissions, too!)
RAINBOW DASH (Nice and affordable!)

Pinkie Pie:
PINKIE PIE
ANOTHER PINKIE PIE
GALA DRESS PINKIE (Another that would go for far more as a commission!)

Fluttershy:
FILLYSHY
ANOTHER FILLYSHY
FLUTTERSHY
STEAMPUNK FLUTTERSHY (Comes with cool outfits!)

Derpy:
DERPY

Doctor:
DOCTOR HOOVES

Vinyl:
VINYL (Removable glasses!)

Cadance:
CADANCE

Chrysalis:
CROCHET CHRYSALIS

Let me know if you guys care about this stuff at all.
If there’s enough interest, I could do something like this every once in a while to let you know about some of the awesome stuff available from talented, but lesser-known, sellers!
Happy shopping!

Jul 25, 2012 at 02:15AM EDT
Quote

DAFUQ?!

My Tumblr page just EXPLODED with about 20 new followers over the course of 2 hours or so! Someone higher up musta just plugged my page without me knowing or something!

Awesome!

Jul 25, 2012 at 02:21AM EDT
Quote

@RandomMan

THAT COMIC WAS AWESOME!!

@CitationNeeded
I found that hilarious.
Related to Rarity:

Last edited Jul 25, 2012 at 12:34PM EDT
Jul 25, 2012 at 12:33PM EDT
Quote

That video was just meh. I didn’t get offended being a Rarity fan (seriously who isn’t), since it’s obviously a hyperbolic parody of some of her more demeaning aspirations. It’s just that the guy didn’t try to fit the lyrics into the beat of song at all. Sure, it was funny the first time, but he did it like every other line, and it got old real quick. See Cite’s video for an example of it done correctly.


Bitch she’s fabulous.


@Deadparrot
You do realize most of us here are extremely poor right? Stop making us salivate over things we can’t afford.

Jul 25, 2012 at 02:02PM EDT
Quote

This a Rarity page? I’ve said this before but…

… I’ve never seen a girl with purple hair ;(
Or blue

Or pink


Maybe I should think about meeting some girls some time soon…

Jul 25, 2012 at 02:37PM EDT
Quote

Berry Punch wrote:


Time for mass production of pastries! Because Pinkie thinks she should mix things up a little instead of same the same kind of pastry all the time!

Jul 25, 2012 at 02:50PM EDT
Quote

THE BRONYCON DOCUMENTARY ISN’T EVEN FILMED YET.

You have no right to say anything about it’s content because you HAVEN’T SEEN IT YET.

Are you forgetting the people heading it? And WHY they’re heading it?

John de Lancie, Lauren Faust, and Tara Strong pretty much…

I’ve seen a fair share of documentaries in my day. If you know of some that remain 100% objective the entire length, I’d be interested in seeing them. In fact, every one of them I’ve seen has a point they’re getting across in the end. I thought I found a completely objective documentary when I saw Planet Earth, but then I watched the last episode. What credibility is really lost when you have a point to make?

Besides, Triangle tells me that when you lose your credibility, you become

INCREDIBLE

Regardless, I’m certain there will be an inclusion of people’s general reactions to ‘bronies’ and their uncomfortable opinions about them. You can’t present one side of the argument when the other side isn’t present.

Say what you will when it’s done and you’ve watched it. Until then, what is there really to say?

Wow, it’s hard to go against this, this is a solid point.

The best I can really do is compare the morality behind encouraging people to keep the conditions of the planet as best as we can for the sake of the lives of animals versus portraying bronies in a positive light.

In a way you have to consider where they fall on the spectrum. On one hand, you have hard statistical fact (unconvincing) and on the other, you have blind propaganda (not aiming to be factual).

The principal of the thing is not that the documentary should be 100% unbiased (since that’s not preferable or possible), but that it should not fall so far on the propaganda end of the spectrum. The intention set forth is to make bronies look good. Is it really worth $200,000 to inaccurately portray our fanbase when we have our negatives, as well?

I know the documentary has good intentions, it’s not bad, but it is misguided. It is exactly as [other dude] said, when we aim to portray the fanbase as attractive, good-intending smiley-faced people, and we do it by cutting out the negatives, are we any better than FOX news? Because we are misleading people, we are fabricating our image. The people that the public knows as bronies would be portrayed as a lie, or at least a half-truth.

Honestly, I’m a firm believer of making ourselves look good and I mean the individual alone, because when we do that, that is when it happens. When we pay other people to film beautiful interviewees and have them say the nicest best things, we aren’t trying to make ourselves better or even make ourselves look better -- we are simply putting on a mask, hiding away what we are ashamed to show.

I hate being judged in the worst case as a gay pedophile manchild, as well, but why don’t we just go up to those people and tell em to piss off and quit generalizing people? Why should we ever spend $200,000+ to appease their fallacious way of thinking? Why don’t we just say the truth? Some people in our fandom are weirdos, and some of them are not attractive by our society’s values, and some of them have fetishes and sexual deviancies that are taboo and may even be immoral. Bronies can be great, attractive, and generous, kind people. But others can be the polar opposite.

In the end the only thing we have in common is that we watch this television show. This is the objective truth, and I didn’t have to ask for $200,000 to state that, and we never have before.

Because in the end the only people who are going to end up watching the documentary all the way through are other bronies, and the fandom these days is just a full-on circlejerk that needs constant reassurement that “everything’s okay”


Although the difference in how they present their opinion, I find it very hard to disagree with any of them.

Please discuss. (Do take into consideration that it’s a few weeks old.)

Last edited Jul 25, 2012 at 03:26PM EDT
Jul 25, 2012 at 03:22PM EDT
Quote

Time to strut down the street to inappropriate pony music?

Wait, wait, that’s tomorrow.

Time to post Fausticorn?

@RandomMan:

It’s important to note that many people would take the fact that there is pr0n of MLP, despite it being such a small subset of the art the fandom makes, as a reason to set the entire fandom ablaze. People, as a whole, are judgmental like that. The documentary is being made to show how the fandom rose, and how people join it. They’re taking bronies and asking how they became bronies in the first place, what their experiences are, etc. They’re not showing the art the fandom makes or anything like that.

People on the ‘net are confusing the intentions of the documentary. Mentioning the r34 in the fandom would not only damage the effect of the documentary, it’s immensely irrelevant.

Jul 25, 2012 at 03:37PM EDT
Quote

“Because in the end the only people who are going to end up watching the documentary all the way through are other bronies, and the fandom these days is just a full-on circlejerk that needs constant reassurement that “everything’s okay”"
“In the end the only thing we have in common is that we watch this television show. This is the objective truth, and I didn’t have to ask for $200,000 to state that, and we never have before.”

Those two comments sum up my thoughts on the Documentery. At the end of the day, the question shouldn’t be " will this be biased or truthful?" but “was this really necessary?”.
I think not. I doubt very many non-bronies will watch it, nor will it change anyones opinion on bronies.

Last edited Jul 25, 2012 at 03:48PM EDT
Jul 25, 2012 at 03:42PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

“Because in the end the only people who are going to end up watching the documentary all the way through are other bronies, and the fandom these days is just a full-on circlejerk that needs constant reassurement that “everything’s okay”"
“In the end the only thing we have in common is that we watch this television show. This is the objective truth, and I didn’t have to ask for $200,000 to state that, and we never have before.”

Those two comments sum up my thoughts on the Documentery. At the end of the day, the question shouldn’t be " will this be biased or truthful?" but “was this really necessary?”.
I think not. I doubt very many non-bronies will watch it, nor will it change anyones opinion on bronies.

Jul 25, 2012 at 03:55PM EDT
Quote

@Twins
Well, part of my objective with that plushie post was to help those people with more limited budget, thus why all but one of them were under $100 at the time I posted them.
Lots of others go for multiple hundreds, so I figured there may be some people looking to spend just $50 – $100 that might appreciate those deals.
Just an infomercial to show that not all pony plushies are ludicrously out of reach financially, and there are plenty more where that selection came from.

@RandomMan
I’ve seen a few of those ‘circle-jerk’ arguments made, and while it’s difficult to find direct fault with their logic, I do think there is a problem with their premise.
Now this has been muddied a bit by what De Lancie and Company have said about t rying to make bronies look good, but remember that the movie is called Bronycon: The Documentary not Bronies: The Documentary.
It was always intended to be primarily about that one gathering.
As the money grew, plans expanded, but only to covering other gatherings and getting some personal stories from people attending the various cons.
From what they’ve said so far, they seemed to really focus on the people with interesting and/or inspiring stories leading them into being a brony, and I will bet that very few of those boiled down to ‘I liked the porn,’ so naturally that side will be more understated.
I don’t like the idea of a total whitewash either, but R34 side of the fandom just doesn’t seem like it would come up very much in that particular setting unless they choose to do a full inquiry into the internet aspect, which they’ve already said is outside of their scope.
I would be perfectly happy to see another team take on that task if they chose to, but expecting this documentary to do it just to try to wave some banner of ‘objectivity’ doesn’t make much sense.

@Faust’s birthday
ALL HAIL THE GOD-QUEEN AND CREATOR OF EQUESTRIA!

Jul 25, 2012 at 04:07PM EDT
Quote

@Twins
Fuck, that video’s awesome.
I also like Ellie Goulding a lot more than I should.

What? She has a wonderful voice.

Jul 25, 2012 at 04:08PM EDT
Quote

You know what’s starting to actually, legitimately annoy me? People who did not contribute to the documentary who will not be harmed by it in any way who constantly feel the need to insult the project and, while they’re at it, the entire fanbase. My question to them is, why do you even care? It’s going to be made, and it doesn’t matter if Ken Ashcorp or anyone else wants to be an uptight a-hole about it. In fact, you know how that makes them look? Exactly the same as every MLP hater out there who doesn’t like the show and decides to tell the whole world about that fact.

In the end the only thing we have in common is that we watch this television show.

It’s as good a time as any to address this, I suppose. FYI, that may be the case for you Dac, but it is obviously not true for everyone. Some people have been legitimately affected by both the show and their fellow bronies in a positive way, and want to share their joy. Overly-proud fans will declare that we shouldn’t look at it that way for some reason, but that doesn’t make it any less true.

If some people want to spend some cash to celebrate the community that they love so much, how on earth is that being “circle jerk”? This never struck me as some pompous effort to win the nobel peace prize and tell the world how amazing we are. It’s a positive, friendly project that is going to attempt to document the birth of a fairly new fandom and their gatherings, not to mention taking a look at why exactly the show became so popular with older fans in the first place. There may not be much (or any) mention of these so-called “negative aspects” of the fans because why should they? Not only are those things in the minority (and present in any fandom), they have almost nothing to do with the intent of the doc.

There is nothing wrong with that. End of story.

The most flabbergasting thing I’ve heard is, “Why are you trying to make us look good? Why do you care? You shouldn’t care how others see us.” First of all, why shouldn’t they care how their friends and family perceive them? That’s normal. And secondly, why do you care if other people care? Are you seeing the hypocrisy yet?

How other people spend their money is hardly a noble crusade to take up either. What about the show itself? It’s technically classifiable as entertainment; will that help starving children in Africa? How about all those Steam games you’ve purchased? Your TV? That cozy leather couch of yours? That car you’ve got, the house you own, what business is it of anyone else’s what you do with your wealth? Enough already.

Just so there’s no misunderstanding, I’m not aiming this all at anyone here in particular, I’m simply addressing the arguments I’ve heard about this most often.


And now it’s time for more arts.


@Dac

Fixed it.

Ah, the Justin Bieber “documentary”. This may be a good reference point for comparison. Would I defend it? Or would I criticize it? Neither, it has nothing to do with me at all. I’ll never watch it, because I don’t care for his music and doesn’t matter to me how he got popular. Let his fans have whatever little story they want.

Last edited Jul 25, 2012 at 07:40PM EDT
Jul 25, 2012 at 07:12PM EDT
Quote

@RandomMan
Those posters did an excellent analysis on the purported motives behind the documentary. However, I feel like that have failed to take note that this is a Brony con documentary, and as such will focus more on the aspects of the convention than the brony phenomenon as a whole. Sure, such a task requires some exposition on where bronies came from, why they would like such a show, and what it all boils down to, but that’s not what the creators are trying to get across. Documentaries will always be inherently biased, but a subtle viewer can find and take them into consideration and not let them obscure his or her views or the overall message. Of course this project will lean towards the more positive aspects of the fandom, but why shouldn’t it? Bronycon is a celebration of the ponies that bring us together, and the people behind the documentary will do their best to capture this spirit.


So I heard they’re making another documentary about Lauren Faust and ponies:

Oh, and I apparently missed deadparrot’s post that said the same thing I did, only clearer.

Last edited Jul 25, 2012 at 07:29PM EDT
Jul 25, 2012 at 07:21PM EDT
Quote

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

@RandomMan
Those posters did an excellent analysis on the purported motives behind the documentary. However, I feel like that have failed to take note that this is a Brony con documentary, and as such will focus more on the aspects of the convention than the brony phenomenon as a whole. Sure, such a task requires some exposition on where bronies came from, why they would like such a show, and what it all boils down to, but that’s not what the creators are trying to get across. Documentaries will always be inherently biased, but a subtle viewer can find and take them into consideration and not let them obscure his or her views or the overall message. Of course this project will lean towards the more positive aspects of the fandom, but why shouldn’t it? Bronycon is a celebration of the ponies that bring us together, and the people behind the documentary will do their best to capture this spirit.


So I heard they’re making another documentary about Lauren Faust and ponies:

Oh, and I apparently missed deadparrot’s post that said the same thing I did, only clearer.

so this going to be on youtube or what

fox news that is all

Last edited Jul 25, 2012 at 07:28PM EDT
Jul 25, 2012 at 07:26PM EDT
Quote

@Dan

I didn’t write that, I qouted that. Anyways, the same way you support it, others don’t really care for it. Who cares if they have negative things to say about it? It’s their opinion and it’s just as valid. Sure, they won’t be affected, but they still want to share there opinion. In the same way the doc won’t affect them, so they shouldn’t worry, those negative comments don’t really affect you, so don’t let it bother you. Let me just say this. If we were talking about Never say Never( the Justin b. documentary), would you defend it as well? It’s practically the same thing. It’s only gonna be watched by the fans, so it’s kinda pointless. But whatever, those people donated their money, so by all means, make the doc.

Last edited Jul 25, 2012 at 07:36PM EDT
Jul 25, 2012 at 07:27PM EDT
Quote

As much I dislike Justin Bieber’s unwarranted fame, I defend the choice to create it. It wasn’t necessary, per se, nothing is necessary; the movie industry might as well not exist and we wouldn’t all suddenly disappear or anything. It’s important to note that in the end, movies have an audience, and the industry does its best to cater to a certain audience. And judging from the $200,000 raised for the Bronycon documentary, there are a ton of people willing to watch such a movie. It’s not going to be some massive, multimillion dollar blockbuster that will return 500% of investments; it’s just something for fans to enjoy. Same goes for the Justin Bieber documentary (although the audience for that is like 20x larger). On that note, it’s certainly not “kinda pointless.”

Once again, Faust, de Lance, and Strong aren’t making an revealing exposé on the true nature of the brony fandom, they’re just reporting on Bronycon and the more interesting people involved in it. The obvious limitation of this is a small, but meaningful target audience.

Last edited Jul 25, 2012 at 07:41PM EDT
Jul 25, 2012 at 07:38PM EDT
Quote

@twins
I understand what you mean, nothing is necessary. I mean, its not gonna really do what docs are supposed to do, educate those who aren’t in the know. But that’s fine, I don’t care that docs like that are made. People want it, so by all means, make it. I just agree with others that it’s not relavant to my interest.
Yeah, really, it’s all about what people want and I get that. Jersey shore is stupid, but enough people like it. Same can be said for many things. I just think its annoying that having something negative to say about something is an attack to some. It’s not, it’s just everyone Is a critic. If you disagree with what someone has to say, guess what, that’s what makes life interesting. We don’t all think the same.
Just to clarify, I not saying the shouldn’t make it, but I think it’s not really gonna achieve much besides please the people that wanted it to made. That’s fine I guess, I’m just not interested

@dan
I think what that comment meant about " the only thing bronies have in common…" is that the only thing every single brony can say is that they like ponies. That is the only universal truth. Other than that, no brony shares the exact same interest as another brony. So it’s not just true for me, but everyone else.

Last edited Jul 25, 2012 at 08:13PM EDT
Jul 25, 2012 at 07:49PM EDT
Quote

Have a filly Lauren Faust!

And a random picture of the people who are making the documentary.

I wonder if we can some how turn Faust, Tara, and John de Lancie into some sort of cutie mark crusaders like concept just based off of this picture.

Jul 25, 2012 at 08:28PM EDT
Quote

Anypony else feel like the KYM image gallery is turning into a giant R34 MLP clopfest?
I don’t have anything against cloppers and a funny mlp r34 to make fun of is great every now and then but come on.

Jul 25, 2012 at 08:32PM EDT
Quote

OmniXVII wrote:

Anypony else feel like the KYM image gallery is turning into a giant R34 MLP clopfest?
I don’t have anything against cloppers and a funny mlp r34 to make fun of is great every now and then but come on.

R34 isn’t allowed on this site if I’m not mistaken.

Jul 25, 2012 at 08:50PM EDT
Quote

@OmniXVII
While I disagree with your use of terminology, I agree with your conclusion. There is a surprisingly large amount of risque art in the image gallery most days. I’m afraid to browse it in the event someone sees me and gets the wrong idea.

Jul 25, 2012 at 09:09PM EDT
Quote

>2012
>Still being a prick about Justin Bieber

I, for one, think it’s neat that we reached far enough to snag a celebrity. Big deal if it’s Bieber. Just because his music sucks doesn’t mean he deserves to get hate. After all, Rebecca Black is awesome and Friday is generally seen as sub-par.

Anyways, more Fausticorn:

>MFW typing in fausticorn has ‘fausticorn rule 34’ as one of the autocompletes:

Jul 25, 2012 at 09:11PM EDT
Quote

@stargazer

Oh ok, I thought we had a rule34 dump.

@solaire

I actually like his song “baby”. Really catchy. I have no problem with him. Preteens like him, big deal.

Last edited Jul 25, 2012 at 09:13PM EDT
Jul 25, 2012 at 09:11PM EDT
Quote

@dac

Yeah, I think you’re sort of an anomaly in this fandom. You said it yourself in that confessions thread: “[I like mlp for its characters, not for its plot].” And that makes no sense. Who doesn’t like some good, juicy pony plot? I think you’d have first hand experience on that.

But all joking aside, I largely concur with your notions. It’s not the show that matters, it’s the fandom that has brought life to the characters and infused them with personality. The show writers do an admirable job with that as well, but in the end, us bronies dictate our own view of the characters, whether it’s Trixie’s great and powerfulness, or it’s Pinkamena’s deranged insecurity. They’re all rooted in the show, but its up to the fandom to truly flesh them out.

I think you and I just have different concepts of worth and meaning (lol meaningfulness), beacuse we’re alike in more ways than you’d think. Friends? Oh wait.


My views on R34 on such a child-friendly community as this one:

Last edited Jul 25, 2012 at 09:33PM EDT
Jul 25, 2012 at 09:11PM EDT
Quote

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

>2012
>Still being a prick about Justin Bieber

I, for one, think it’s neat that we reached far enough to snag a celebrity. Big deal if it’s Bieber. Just because his music sucks doesn’t mean he deserves to get hate. After all, Rebecca Black is awesome and Friday is generally seen as sub-par.

Anyways, more Fausticorn:

>MFW typing in fausticorn has ‘fausticorn rule 34’ as one of the autocompletes:

I read somewhere that it wasnt actually Justin who posted that let me see if i can find a source.

Jul 25, 2012 at 09:13PM EDT
Quote

aerolyt wrote:

@OmniXVII
While I disagree with your use of terminology, I agree with your conclusion. There is a surprisingly large amount of risque art in the image gallery most days. I’m afraid to browse it in the event someone sees me and gets the wrong idea.

Yes sorry, I sometimes try to sound intelligent on the internet but usually fail. “Clopfest” may have been uncalled for.
Your use of the word “risque” makes you sound like an intelligible ole’ chap, and I respect your conclusion to agree with me.

Jul 25, 2012 at 09:16PM EDT
Quote

@twins
Agreed. And just to be clear, it’s not worthless in my eyes. If the people who donated money are happy with the final product, than its a succes in my eyes. I just disagree with the notion that it will be a game changer or be seen by many non-bronies, so it’ll be as educational to the average viewer as a icthyologist watching blue planet. That’s only an opinion though.

Jul 25, 2012 at 09:21PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

@twins
I understand what you mean, nothing is necessary. I mean, its not gonna really do what docs are supposed to do, educate those who aren’t in the know. But that’s fine, I don’t care that docs like that are made. People want it, so by all means, make it. I just agree with others that it’s not relavant to my interest.
Yeah, really, it’s all about what people want and I get that. Jersey shore is stupid, but enough people like it. Same can be said for many things. I just think its annoying that having something negative to say about something is an attack to some. It’s not, it’s just everyone Is a critic. If you disagree with what someone has to say, guess what, that’s what makes life interesting. We don’t all think the same.
Just to clarify, I not saying the shouldn’t make it, but I think it’s not really gonna achieve much besides please the people that wanted it to made. That’s fine I guess, I’m just not interested

@dan
I think what that comment meant about " the only thing bronies have in common…" is that the only thing every single brony can say is that they like ponies. That is the only universal truth. Other than that, no brony shares the exact same interest as another brony. So it’s not just true for me, but everyone else.

Recall that RandomMan started this conversation with those quotes from Tumblr, and even the last one was a rather mild representation of some of the insults that several people have been inclined to spew. Stating an opinion is one thing, but on Tumblr especially, some people have taken it upon themselves to be complete jerks about the issue.

I do disagree with the idea that the documentary will lack the ability to educate the uninitiated about a few different aspects of “brony culture”. The fans themselves are undoubtedly going to get the most out of it, but that doesn’t mean that others who happen to see it won’t find it interesting and enlightening as well. As I recall, Brockoff plans to feature it at various film festivals; I suppose we’ll find out from those audiences what the non-brony crowd thinks about the doc.

To the last point, yes, that may be the only thing that all of the fans have in common, but there has obviously been a sizable enough portion of the community who have felt a greater impact than that, to the point that it caught DeLancie’s notice and prompted him to find out more.

I agree with the person who said that at the very least, we should wait and see the documentary, and make our judgments then. Critiquing a film that hasn’t even been seen by anyone yet seems quite premature.

Last edited Jul 25, 2012 at 09:34PM EDT
Jul 25, 2012 at 09:32PM EDT
Quote

@Twins

Honestly, it’ll happen, but it doesn’t corrupt a child friendly show at all. Some places on the Internet were never exactly kid-friendly to begin with. R34 doesn’t change the way I look at the show, it doesn’t change the way I look at the people who enjoy it. In my opinion, it’s just pr0n that features an interesting cast. So live and let live. I don’t look down on anyone who enjoys it.

@The one, the only, the Biebs

Yeah, we’ll get hate from people who think we’ve absorbed Justin Bieber into our little cult and whatever, but I think Justin is a pretty cool guy. Maybe I don’t care for his music, but I never thought it was bad. It’s just not my go-to kind of music. I’ve no reason to hate on him, and I think it’s pretty cool that he respects us.

@Documentary

Geez, we don’t know when to appreciate a good thing, huh? I can understand the concern of some, especially those with more… deviant interests, having been a constant target of ridicule by the media; more attention paid to the fandom as a whole always leads to more attention paid to the more interesting bits.

So that’s a perfectly legitimate reason to rage about a film that hasn’t come out yet. When it does come out, we’ll be free to fawn or rage over its content to our hearts’ content. It’s at least going to be a solid effort to portray the fandom in a positive light, which I think is fair. It’s a positive fandom formed around a positive subject. The Internet became a much more enjoyable and welcoming place once I became a brony, and it’s all good, clean fun with some colorful, friendshippy ponies, which unfortunately doesn’t make for as sensationalist headlines as “Ermahgerd, grown men fap to little girls’ TV show. Also beastiality.”

Last edited Jul 25, 2012 at 10:27PM EDT
Jul 25, 2012 at 10:07PM EDT
Quote

I got an idea involving Bieber. Justin Bieber would play as a pony who is a popular singer to the female majority. He’s the big heartthrob in Equestria. Even Rarity and most of the Mane 6 would faint and/or cheer when they see him perform in concert. If we can’t have Bieber do the role, then we’ll have someone that is similar to Bieber as in the character.

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:21PM EDT
Quote

chowzburgerz wrote:

I got an idea involving Bieber. Justin Bieber would play as a pony who is a popular singer to the female majority. He’s the big heartthrob in Equestria. Even Rarity and most of the Mane 6 would faint and/or cheer when they see him perform in concert. If we can’t have Bieber do the role, then we’ll have someone that is similar to Bieber as in the character.

My first reaction if that happened

“inb4 haters call this show even more gay for having bieber voice a pony”

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:27PM EDT
Quote

@chowz:

>2012
>Implying Applejack, Pinkie, or RD would faint because of a pansy-ass boy

But, seriously, I don’t think something like that should be tacked on just because Biebs is a brony. Even if he was a good VA, which he might not be, there’d be better bases for plots.

Though, I could see a good lesson being learned. ‘A person is a person, despite fame’ (Celestia would be a better fit for that, though), ‘fame isn’t always a blessing’, etc.

@Zar:

eye twitch

Whoever said that…

I ride forth to conflict!

On another note:

I came.

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:30PM EDT
Quote

>2012
>Not watching it for the plot
>Not fapping to pony porn
>Not enjoying some delicious rule 34
>Not lusting for more porn
>Not eager for the next clopfic
>Not craving for another NSFW Flash game
>Not organising LARP pony orgies
>Not sexually roleplaying on threads
>Not getting massive (lady)boners over the mane 6
>Not owning a princess Dakimakura
>Not having your fleshlights in the color of your favorite pony
>Not having your dildo in the color of your favorite pony
>Not creating sexually functional plushies
>Not paying hard cash for some explicit art
>Not having your massage oil smell like horse semen
>Not having your palms sweaty
>Mom’s Spaghetti

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:36PM EDT
Quote

@The Bronycon doco discussion

I’m actually still in agreement with the very first comment that Randomman posted

THE BRONYCON DOCUMENTARY ISN’T EVEN FILMED YET.

We still don’t know what this documentary is going to do. We don’t know what it’s going to give us, how it will portray us or what it will reveal. Everything is speculation and I dislike passing judgement on things on foreseen speculation alone.

Will the documentary be worth its price tag of $200,000? Will it be meaningful and unbias? Will it be just a huge circlejerk? My answer: wait and find out.

The next guy to speak up says this:

I’ve seen a fair share of documentaries in my day.

So he’s basing his judgement on the documentary purely on his history with documentaries alone. That’s fair enough, he can do that assuming that the Bronycon documentary doesn’t try to be different. But the only real point I find he has it at the bottom:

Say what you will when it’s done and you’ve watched it. Until then, what is there really to say?

There is nothing to say. The arguments are more pointless and bias than the documentary could ever be.

All those people arguing about what the documentary could potentially be worth, whether they are for or against; just tells me how extremely bored people are. There’s no telling what will happen now and if it works then it works, if it fails then it fails.

Until we get a greater grasp of the creators plans (And no, the quotes they made when they declared the documentary are NOT ENOUGH to draw a conclusion on the final product), I cannot be bothered trying to make up in my mind whether or not this film will hurt or heal. Honestly, it can go either way but more likely it will make little difference. Haters will keep hating, Bronies will keep bronying and everyone else will just be a bit more informed

All those people whining about what big waste of time and money it is are themselves wasting their time trying to convince people that something will be terrible. If people want to put $200,000 into the project then it is obviously worth it for somebody. If it’s not worth it to you, then why do you even care? (A point Dan made earlier)

Granted the 3rd comment after that was fantastic. A well thought out post. The only thing I disagree with is the notion that the fandom put all this money into the documentary because we are all apparently terrified of our public perception.

I wont deny that there are some Bronies who lack some self esteem and fear what the public thinks of us. But c’mon do you really believe we all unanimously thought “OH PLEASE MAKE US LOOK GOOD! HAVE $200,000! PEOPLE ARE MEAN TO US!” as soon as the documentary was announced? No, just no. We put money into that documentary because we are attention whores and we want to be in a damn spotlight. THAT is why we donated!

I grow wary of this fandom labeling itself as being insecure all because some people in the same fandom just wanted to be on camera and donated to a documentary. That really rustles my jimmies

I cannot be bothered with the 4th comment.

As for the minute details of what particular aspects the documentary will address and its impact (such as R34) I believe we already discussed that earlier in this thread and I agree with the former conclusion that the documentary will unlikely address R34 as it is not relevant to bronycon.

I refer to Dan for everything else, I agree with much of his posts.


PS:

I also like Ellie Goulding a lot more than I should.

Twins, I think you broke Cite…he likes something now.

Last edited Jul 26, 2012 at 12:07AM EDT
Jul 25, 2012 at 11:46PM EDT
Quote

Silly Exudes, you completely misread what I wrote. I said “a child-friendly community like this one,” not a child-friendly show. And even with that I spoke in jest.

I personally have no qualms about R34 ponies, and I’m always quick to espouse my “live and let live” attitude towards it. Normally I’d rather not see it, but sometimes I have these sudden, random urges to look us as much r34 as I possibly can. It’s weird.

@RandomMan
Touché.

@Cite liking something

Last edited Jul 25, 2012 at 11:56PM EDT
Jul 25, 2012 at 11:53PM EDT
Quote

@Twins:

‘I have these sudden, random urges to look at as much r34 as I possibly can’
‘sudden, randoms urges to look at r34’
‘urges to look at r34’

@Cite liking something:

Guys, come on, Cite obviously likes other stuff.

We all know Cite loves himself.

@RandomMan:

>2012
>Posting Mom’s Spaghetti after my spaghetti-drop last page
>You became bananas

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:05AM EDT
Quote

>2012
>had to copy paste the > because my tablet lacks a key for it
>lurking kym
>randomman gets positive karma on all his posts for just being randomman
>finally get a consistent internet connection
>people still fall for shooped twitter pictures
>green texting on kym forums
>looking over shoulder because ive been playing too much slender and im paranoid inside this dark house
>still green texting
>your reading this
>i have not bother to read any posts on this page so i have no idea whats going on
>i actually read randomman posts because he is randomman
>thats why im green texting
>green texting incorrectly
>still green texting again
>raging over howard sterns brony thing
>hey, are you still reading? ok
>i cant forget to mention spaghetti
>spaghetti
>mfw

no really its actually my face when

see, arnt i sexy? now i dont want to see that picture up on 4chan

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:11AM EDT
Quote

Fuck you guys, I can like things.


I would probably use this wallpaper if all my icons wouldn’t be on Bon Bon’s face.

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:47AM EDT
Quote

Speaking of R34, why don’t we discuss it on the next page?

Jul 26, 2012 at 01:28AM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!