Forums / Discussion / General

171,312 total conversations in 5,504 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10167 posts from 235 users

If you have seen Veggie’s line art tutorial, you would know that these are really time consuming comics to produce. He states in his journal that he has put so much effort into the comics and neglected his own life for them. So it doesn’t surpise me, that he has to stop putting out these elaborate comics and move on. Well these are the negative sides of the fame and the support.

Nevertheless it is really sad to see him stop it, i always loved his comic-strips, the quality and the humor. You could call this bad brony stuff, but i also enjoyed the Veggie effect on youTube. The ponu comments and the bewildered “why is this ponu related” comments were usually lolworthy.

But i am quite sure that he will do a comic every once in a while. You know “indefinite hiatus” doesn’t mean that we will never hear from him again.

BTW: I guess that all you scootaloo fans are also rather sad right now.

Uh new page: Time for some hipsterponies!

Last edited Aug 27, 2012 at 06:15PM EDT
Aug 27, 2012 at 06:10PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Futashy x Woona is best rule 34 otp.

Discuss.

N̵ͧ̂ͩ̆ͨ͡͏̛̣̱̜͙̜̫͈͕̲̳̭͍̦Ơ̒̑́̍̄͊͋̑̚̚͏͇̳͍̥ͅ

Last edited Aug 27, 2012 at 06:16PM EDT
Aug 27, 2012 at 06:10PM EDT

Bonjour, I am back from my vacation (where I had no internet access). I got a few pages to read so I can catch up on what I missed.

Aug 27, 2012 at 06:33PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Futashy x Woona is best rule 34 otp.

Discuss.

Ha!
You didn’t think there’d a SFW picture, but I found one!

OTP FOREVER!

Aug 27, 2012 at 06:42PM EDT

Ah, I’ve been playing piano all day. I’ve forgotten what a freaking awesome instrument it is to play. Hope you guys are doing well, now back to the keys!

Aug 27, 2012 at 06:44PM EDT

@Deadparrot:

Fifths is right. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE SO MANY APPROPRIATE PONY PICS FOR EVERY SITUATION?

I think I have the answer:

Aug 27, 2012 at 06:57PM EDT

@Phoneix

Now watch him pull a picture of Scootaloo burning at the stake out of his ass.

Aug 27, 2012 at 07:15PM EDT

@Fifths & Sketch

CLOSE ENOUGH!
Seriously though, who would want to burn her?
Far too cute for fire.

Also, this, because it’s hilariously close to the picture of Sweetie Belle that Fifths drew a while back:

Last edited Aug 27, 2012 at 09:24PM EDT
Aug 27, 2012 at 09:20PM EDT

@Parrot

I hope Solaire just let her jump in and play with the wheel for while whilst he went in to buy sunny-d, or else that would be incredibly dangerous to her and everyone in a 100 yard radius.

Meanwhile in my imagination

Last edited Aug 27, 2012 at 09:40PM EDT
Aug 27, 2012 at 09:40PM EDT

@Brownmane

I’ve been wondering when you’d get back to us about that. You see I used to have my heart set on enlisting so I’m always interested to hear about anything military related. sorry to hear that you didn’t have any choice in the matter, though.

@solaire posting less

aw fuk no u can’t post less you should be posting more instead dafaq man >2012 >still pursuing education!?! THE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM HAS A TERRIBLE POWER!!! I AM HERE TO PROTECT YOU FROM THE TERRIBLE SECRET OF THE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM!!!

@ good brony / bad brony thing

It’s not that I like the idea of a list saying who’s good and bad like that, though I actually agreed with some of the things he said. but what is he trying to imply in #16? I don’t even…

and holy fuck is this adorable.

Last edited Aug 28, 2012 at 01:31AM EDT
Aug 28, 2012 at 01:13AM EDT

@iamslow
Clearly, Pinkie is a master manipulator.
Lull Loki into a false sense of security with unflappable cuteness:

Then, when his defenses are low, replace his ass.

What a devious little pony you are, Pinkie…

Aug 28, 2012 at 01:20AM EDT

Going with burning_phoneix. Iamslow and DeadParrot are obviously dabbling in the dark arts. And DeadParrot being able to source them? His Internet must be enhanced with the highest of magicks.
Related but irrelevant: I think I would prefer to spell “magic” as “magick”. One of the spelling errors that have come into my arsenal such as “ponus” and “broneis.”

Speaking of bronies that don’t know what their dealing with, I bring your attention to this mess. Now, I like this series of humanized mane six martial artists by agu-fungus. But do you see the scores? The one not doing anything threatening at all has the most upvotes.

>2012
>Not knowing that professional wrestling is fake

Guh, I feel like a 10-year old that picks on a girl just so he has a reason to talk about her. I am merely a parody of my former Fluttershy hating self.

Aug 28, 2012 at 03:23AM EDT

@Verbose
Two words for you:

There’s your reason for the discrepancy in the scores, simple as that.
Don’t fight it.
You know it to be true.

(Though I do agree that that whole series is pretty awesome!)

Aug 28, 2012 at 03:36AM EDT

@Verbose

Also, da plot, it can’t be ignored.

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:47AM EDT

It’s for sure now. Deadparrot is a dark gif conjurer, a master of the most corrupted and evil of the Internet arts, able to summon a gif for every situation… at the cost of HIS SOUL.

But Verbose… there are 2 reasons for the upvotes on that pic:

1. DAT ASS
2. It’s Fluttershy, who has a bunch of misguided fans.

If you ask me, Pinkie’s pic is the best, and that’s from a Dash fan.

EDITED FOR CLARIFICATION

Last edited Aug 28, 2012 at 01:56PM EDT
Aug 28, 2012 at 01:43PM EDT

We’re not misguided, we just know who best pony is.

Aug 28, 2012 at 01:49PM EDT

@Twilitlord
Hey!
I never gave up my soul for pony pictures!
The fact that you would even insinuate such a thing is insulting!
Why would I sell my soul when I can just steal them from other people?

Aug 28, 2012 at 02:19PM EDT

So, back from a three day tour to San Francisco, and a host of other places. It was quite interesting to say the very least, and I was surprised to see how culturally different it was from the LA area. Haven’t been around much of the rest of the USA before, but the opportunity has given me an idea of embarking on a tour of the country after I graduate, if I can somehow acquire the means to afford such an endeavour. Not going to saddle y’all with all the little details about the trip, but I found it amazing, yet stupid, that some guy would build a castle in the middle of California, and also went to this one place called Solvang that was heavily Danish-themed, and I kept thinking about RandomMan even though the Netherlands and Denmark are nothing alike.

I see the thread has been progressing quite nicely. Yay, Brownmane is back. I always found it a curiosity how grandiloquent his posts were, despite English not even being his native language. Dem Finns are really the best at everything, aren’t they?

I’m still suffering through the debilitating effects of having to watch all three Michael Bay Transformers movies (OH GOD THE PLOT HOLES AND EVEN WORSE OH GOD THE PLOTS) on the tour bus (couldn’t even sleep because the volume was at fucking full blast), so yeah, probably won’t hear much from me for a while.

Have a best bitch.

Last edited Aug 28, 2012 at 03:17PM EDT
Aug 28, 2012 at 03:15PM EDT

So i thought it would be a lost cause trying to find a ponified version of my avatar.
Nope!

Aug 28, 2012 at 04:56PM EDT

Oh yeah the Transformers movies. The first one was quite decent, but the sequels are downright terrible. These movies should cater to me, i mean I like explosions, action, bots and girls, but i never head to facepalm that often during a movie. And it’s not only about the plot, the holes and the cheesy dialogues, but also the humor is of dolanesque quality.

But if you want to, you will find a lot of plotholes in MLP episodes as well.

Feeling pinkie keen is actually my least favourite episode…

Aug 28, 2012 at 06:18PM EDT

@Bruno

It’s about the show being cancelled, and Pinkie Pie being aware of it due to her innate ability to break the 4th wall. Personally, I don’t find it that sad, though. I mean, come on! This is the brony fandom! Equestria Daily will be posting full-length, studio-quality episodes made by bronies by the time season four starts. Even if it gets cancelled, IT WILL NEVER END! :p

Aug 28, 2012 at 08:31PM EDT

@Parrot: …Damn, Darkmeat’s a good artist. I checked out his DA page, he’s really, really good.

@Veggie leaving: He will be missed, did make some good vector comics. But you know what, real life trumps the internet.

@Random: No love is purer than the love of a mute shemale pony and an adolescent filly god.

@Vikingbolt: I would watch Ponycop. I’d watch the hell out of it.

@Parrot is a magic user: inb4 Parrot is a unicorn.
But seriously. He does have an unnatural ability to conjure up Scoots GIFs. Perhaps he simply makes them exist when the situation demands for it?

@Twins: You had to watch Bayformers?
My God… Yeah, my opinion is that the first one is the best, but I only ever saw the first one at all, and never really bothered with the other two.
Really, this video is every film by Micheal Bay.

@X: It makes sense the pony aware of the fourth wall would be the one most devastated by the death of the show. The saddest part is that it’ll have to come eventually, though whether or not she knows it…

As for pictures…

…shit.

Aug 28, 2012 at 08:54PM EDT

@Twins
Welcome back!
What would we ever do without Diamond Tiara?

@Jackal
That same person also made the giant Scootaloo that was wandering around Bronycon.

@Sparty
Sweetie is best unstoppable killing machine from the deep!

Aug 28, 2012 at 09:14PM EDT

Shit you guys, Deadparrot’s getting crazy with power. We must stop him before he goes around abusing it. He has not posted Scootaloo for everything yet, but he will if this keeps up. Soon he will learn himself how to use Photoshop and become unstoppable if we don’t watch out. Just do it like with burning_phoneix, constantly telling him Verbose is our true tl;dr king keeps his posts at Connor levels. Same idea can be applied here:

SCOOTALOO IS MEH TIER!!!

If you become anymore interested in young fillies, I might have to call Best Pony Hansen.

(Yes, it’s Pinkie Pie)
Last edited Aug 28, 2012 at 09:33PM EDT
Aug 28, 2012 at 09:29PM EDT

@RandomMan

(And some Vinyl just for good measure…)

Aug 28, 2012 at 09:42PM EDT

X wrote:

All dem feels….

Holy ****. If they do that (of course I hope it’s not for a while), I will probably bawl my eyes out while my head explodes from the meta.

Aug 28, 2012 at 09:56PM EDT

@Random
Ha!
Your resistance only makes my pony cuter!

After Photoshop, I can move on to conquer the 3D realm!

Maybe not yet…
(Honestly, except for the pictures that I’ve taken of my plushies, I have not actually created anything I’ve posted. It’s all just out there in the endless void of pony-dom.)

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:00PM EDT

@Deadparrot witch hunt

Ponified Deadparrot burning at the stake. Someone will have to spread the ashes on the four winds or else he’ll just reconstitute.

Last edited Aug 28, 2012 at 10:06PM EDT
Aug 28, 2012 at 10:04PM EDT

Twilitlord wrote:

Holy ****. If they do that (of course I hope it’s not for a while), I will probably bawl my eyes out while my head explodes from the meta.

If they play this song at the same time… OHGAWD, I’m already sad just thinking about it.

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:19PM EDT

Vikingbolt wrote:

If they play this song at the same time… OHGAWD, I’m already sad just thinking about it.

That gave me one hell of a sad.

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:21PM EDT

Randomman wrote:

Just do it like with burning_phoneix, constantly telling him Verbose is our true tl;dr king keeps his posts at Connor levels.

That reminds me, I’ve had this inane pony topic of no importance or interest to anyone that I have to tl;dr about soon.

@ Deadparrot: Pfft, as if Scootaloo would ever say uguu. She’s way to cool for that man. Are you even trying?

Do you even Scootaloo?

Last edited Aug 29, 2012 at 12:29AM EDT
Aug 29, 2012 at 12:22AM EDT

“The stars were right again, and what an age-old cult had failed to do by design, a band of innocent forum posters had done by accident. After vigintillions of years great Sc’thulhu was loose again, and ravening for delight.”

Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Sc’thulhu Ponyville wgah’nagl fhtagn

Last edited Aug 29, 2012 at 12:46AM EDT
Aug 29, 2012 at 12:39AM EDT

@phoenix
Do I Scootaloo?
Do I Scootaloo?!
You better believe I Scootaloo.

(That’s the best part about her. She can do it all, from cute to cool and everything in between!)

@Exudes

Yes, this is an actual Tumblr: Scoot-thulhu

Aug 29, 2012 at 12:53AM EDT

Verbose wrote:

Going with burning_phoneix. Iamslow and DeadParrot are obviously dabbling in the dark arts. And DeadParrot being able to source them? His Internet must be enhanced with the highest of magicks.
Related but irrelevant: I think I would prefer to spell “magic” as “magick”. One of the spelling errors that have come into my arsenal such as “ponus” and “broneis.”

Speaking of bronies that don’t know what their dealing with, I bring your attention to this mess. Now, I like this series of humanized mane six martial artists by agu-fungus. But do you see the scores? The one not doing anything threatening at all has the most upvotes.

>2012
>Not knowing that professional wrestling is fake

Guh, I feel like a 10-year old that picks on a girl just so he has a reason to talk about her. I am merely a parody of my former Fluttershy hating self.

hey hey hey wait a sec, I see what your doing! You’re trying to convince Parrots and me that we’re magic so in the event that we all need to embark on an emergency RPG adventure the both of us will insist on being magic classes while you’ll “just have” to select one on the other end of the spectrum to balance our party out – one that gets to swing around huge weapons and can actually survive taking damage!

Heh. Scoot-thulhu.

Last edited Aug 29, 2012 at 02:04AM EDT
Aug 29, 2012 at 02:02AM EDT

@Jackal: Holy crap, that Fluttershy plush is awesome. Do want, but can’t afford unfortunately.

Aug 29, 2012 at 02:10AM EDT

@Iamslow
I don’t know about you, but I’m a monk!

I’ll learn a few nice support spells while still getting to punch the crap out of everything!

Aug 29, 2012 at 03:06AM EDT
hey hey hey wait a sec, I see what your doing! You’re trying to convince Parrots and me that we’re magic so in the event that we all need to embark on an emergency RPG adventure the both of us will insist on being magic classes while you’ll “just have” to select one on the other end of the spectrum to balance our party out – one that gets to swing around huge weapons and can actually survive taking damage!

>implying warriors are better than wizards

Holy crap, that Fluttershy plush is awesome. Do want, but can’t afford unfortunately.

Who the hell can? It went for over 800$ in the auction it was up for. And the person who made it said that pays barely over minimum wage considering the time put into it, not to mention materials and the time they had to spend advertising it. Dayumn. If only I were rich. I want an adorable pony plush, and that thing is actually big enough to hug back. If Hasbro ever decides to start making QUALITY plushies, they need to make life-size ones like that, so they can make it more affordable.

Aug 29, 2012 at 03:30AM EDT

I came here with something to say…but then I forgot, so here
have a picture till I maybe will remind.

Aug 29, 2012 at 09:21AM EDT

Sonata Arctica wrote:

I came here with something to say…but then I forgot, so here
have a picture till I maybe will remind.

Heaven: Now 20% Cooler

(Sorry I had to.)

Aug 29, 2012 at 09:38AM EDT

@Jackal

That’s pretty everybronies wish, win a giant amount of money and then buy everything thats mlp-related that gets in range.
it’s like chemnistry at school, a reaction that happens all of sudden (well, kinda)
Money---> alot of pony plushies

But sadly it’s not that easy to win/find/steal/print by yourself/forge by magic/get/all of sudden have/earn money

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:59AM EDT

I like ponies. Here are some ponies.

Post 3000 sniped.

EDIT: Since the convo hasn’t changed much since I went to bed, I seriously don’t have anything very productive to add. I just wanted this post number.

Last edited Aug 29, 2012 at 11:11AM EDT
Aug 29, 2012 at 11:08AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!