Forums / General

195,704 total conversations in 5,388 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10,167 conversations with 235 participants

I think this can be considered relevant:

Edit: Now you all will know what to bring because it will be posted at the top of this page to remind you all.

Last edited Sep 16, 2012 at 08:34PM EDT
Sep 16, 2012 at 08:32PM EDT
Quote

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

I’m not going to bother reading all that text about r34 because, for fuck’s sake, we’ve had that same discussion so often I can predict everybody’s response accurately. Seriously, I know Jolly Jew starts it by commenting on how the gallery pisses him off, Verbose tries to be reasonable, RandomMan either goes off-topic or nonchalantly fucks with the conversation, Popper becomes Jesus and smites us with the power of religion, Pyro flips out then gets over it and begins to fap to ponies, DeadParrot finds relevant pics and faps to Scootaloo, Advance posts porn to fuck with us and says that it’s no big deal, Joe does the same, etc. I know that with the pony drought we don’t have much to discuss, but I don’t really see the point behind doing this over and over again when we went over it just a few pages ago. Recall the pic Popper posted a while back comparing the gallery chronologically? Yeah, we had about a page of r34 discussion then.

Just saying.

Sep 16, 2012 at 08:44PM EDT
Quote

> woke up at 4 pm today, slept though everything
> realize anything I could have said has probably already been said
>decided to commemorate the rustling with this

Sep 16, 2012 at 08:44PM EDT
Quote

You’ve all moved on from the R34 topic without giving the small fries like me a chance to have an input. That’s too bad. But I’ll say mine anyway. This is my first and last forum post I’ll ever make so I might as well draw it out as long as I can.

I’m not blaming one person for all of this even though I could, because that would make me sound like an idiot and also a bit of a hypocrite. I joined this site almost six months ago after learning about FiM from one of the site’s episodes. Since then, I’ve watched all of the cartoon’s episodes, subscribed to all of the best pony-inspired music makers on YouTube, shed a few tears after reading My Little Dashie, and filled up a folder with 40+ pony-related reaction images to use whenever I feel the need to by using the FiM’s image gallery for a resource.

And since then images of half-nude anthro ponies have become so common that it’s become impossible to avoid seeing them, and have been gathered by so many different people and spreading so many of these images around, it’s practically become a representation of what sort of odd hobby the bronies have gotten into.

Don’t look at me that way. I suppose it isn’t totally a bad thing. Tara Strong has embraced it, what the media has said about the fandom hasn’t set us up for any public stonings, and as far as I can tell most of you have come to tolerate it and haven’t torn each other apart over it.

Yet.

With the liberty that comes with the freedom to express how many different “degrees” of the fandom that you can (sort of) anonymously display, there are as equally as many cons that diminish the silver lining of how much you appreciate a show for elementary-grade girls. Cons that can be blown out of proportion and can be stacked up side by side to be used as a wooden paddle to club all of the fans into submission and make them stand back and ask themselves how far they really want to interpret that freedom. Or maybe I’m just overexaggerating.

The point is, you can only test such a flexible statement so far until it breaks or bends backwards and develops a whole different meaning for itself. And right now we’re probably doing a whole 360 degree turn over what qualifies as a saucy picture and what acts as a bane for all that is non-sexualized. It isn’t my buisness to define what preferences everybody should have either.

To be honest with you, I didn’t mind all of the images at first because I knew that taking some sort of side on it would just give me problems down the road, and I’d have to go back and double-check myself and map out all of the exceptions that I should have said beforehand. That and attempting to erase all of the “Oh my god this picture is amazing” remarks that I made when that wooden paddle metaphor wasn’t so blatant at first.

The fallout from this will indefinitely change the views of the hundred-something individuals that were exposed to it all. Perhaps it even changes that silver lining to one that’s now highlighted in neon yellow ink with a red circle drawn in pen around it and an annotation above it that says “Don’t take this the wrong way.”

As far as I know, this site is named Know Your Meme, and certainly not Understand Your Meme, although we appeared to have gotten a bit closer to performing such an action now that we’ve finished this little stream of events.

Love and tolerate, bronies.

-Insouciant

Sep 16, 2012 at 08:44PM EDT
Quote

So that was page 69 huh? Not too surprising, I guess.

@Solaire

Hahaha! I had an opinion too, so I guess that makes me unpredictable! Or something.

@Insouciant

Any particular reason you don’t want to stick around? You know how thrilling it is to have this same discussion every few weeks, right?

Last edited Sep 16, 2012 at 09:06PM EDT
Sep 16, 2012 at 08:59PM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:

Since KYM doesn’t show explicitly sexual or pornographic content, period, that screen and warning is not necessary. And even for content that go beyond being a bit more risqué (but not quite explicit,) there are warnings for image galleries and entries that are deemed “NSFW.” So KYM covers itself as well as it should.

The MLP entry has no such warnings btw.

Sep 16, 2012 at 09:25PM EDT
Quote

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

I’m not going to bother reading all that text about r34 because, for fuck’s sake, we’ve had that same discussion so often I can predict everybody’s response accurately. Seriously, I know Jolly Jew starts it by commenting on how the gallery pisses him off, Verbose tries to be reasonable, RandomMan either goes off-topic or nonchalantly fucks with the conversation, Popper becomes Jesus and smites us with the power of religion, Pyro flips out then gets over it and begins to fap to ponies, DeadParrot finds relevant pics and faps to Scootaloo, Advance posts porn to fuck with us and says that it’s no big deal, Joe does the same, etc. I know that with the pony drought we don’t have much to discuss, but I don’t really see the point behind doing this over and over again when we went over it just a few pages ago. Recall the pic Popper posted a while back comparing the gallery chronologically? Yeah, we had about a page of r34 discussion then.

Just saying.

You forgot the bannings. Multiple bannings, actually.

That was new.


The MLP entry has no such warnings btw.

I was saying that in regard to entries that are NSFW.

Most images in the FiM gallery are fine.

There are some images that are smutty, but they don’t need to be removed (under the current guidelines.) So no warnings. The site is for people 13 and older regardless of entry, and ponies in bikinis winking at you with their tongues out isn’t spoiler-worthy for that audience.

There are the occasional (albeit more frequent) unsuitable images, but they get removed *as soon as someone PM’s us or tells us about it in the IRC…yeah, you’re right I’m never in the IRC because penis.
 
But I think I’m going to send a couple of emails to the superiors on the matter, if they haven’t been fired off yet. I don’t think you’re going to see much change in the amount of images that are sexual in content, but I would like to see images that aren’t allowed on the site at all removed more quickly.

I should note that I’m not confident at all that anything will happen, but you can’t say I didn’t try.

Last edited Sep 16, 2012 at 09:50PM EDT
Sep 16, 2012 at 09:49PM EDT
Quote

burning_phoneix wrote:

Verbose wrote:

Since KYM doesn’t show explicitly sexual or pornographic content, period, that screen and warning is not necessary. And even for content that go beyond being a bit more risqué (but not quite explicit,) there are warnings for image galleries and entries that are deemed “NSFW.” So KYM covers itself as well as it should.

The MLP entry has no such warnings btw.

^ THIS.

I will admit, I didn’t want to join this conversation. We were talking about it earlier this month anyways. I am fucking sick of it and wish we could talk about ponies without bringing this up every couple of weeks. But what Phoenix said is right.

Honestly, I shouldn’t care that there’s clop material in the MLP gallery. I don’t visit it; I don’t have a need for it too often. BUT when I do go, I’m usually there to try to find just the right picture, meaning I’ll probably go through several pages. I don’t want to see this on pages 1 and 2 (which I just did):

lol, I forgot to image link these. I shouldn’t write posts this long

And this is in what we classify as a non-NSFW gallery? I’ll admit that it’s not as bad as some of the stuff you all are posting, but still, that’s suggestive material in the first 30 seconds of me looking at that gallery. We are the first gallery on google, as was said earlier:

If a little girl was to search for that (or My Little Pony pictures, works too) that’s what’s on the first page. It doesn’t matter if we’re aimed at people 13 or older, a young child will click on the first link. I don’t like that, I don’t think any of you do either.

Now I know that we are a research and documentation site. I understand why we have to leave that, it’s an evolution of the fandom and bla bla bla bla bla. Hell, I think putting a NSFW tag on the entry/gallery is a stupid idea, since the entry doesn’t have anything to do with an NSFW meme/content. I just don’t like how those pictures show up in there when we give no warning of its NSFW-ness. I also understand that whatever we do, if anything, someone’s not going to be happy about it. There will always be that one guy who doesn’t want it to be labeled NSFW, and if we try to move over all the clop to Wingboner/Clopping then that’s 2000+ pages mods have to go through, NSFW posters will get mad, and, as RandomMan said, that’s not even the point of the entry. Honestly, I don’t care if we do anything or not; I think we’ve reached a point with that gallery where it’s simply too big to remedy the situation effectively. I’m just sad that it’s a problem with no right answers, only wrong ones.

Nice ninja, by the way, Verbose.

One other thing: I think we’ve reached a record for tl;dr posts in 24 hours. Let’s see… If you consider a tl;dr post to be mostly text and longer than a 768px tall monitor running current Firefox, that’s… 10, including mine. 12-13 if you count some of the ones with a bunch of pics, 15ish if you add in the long single-paragraph posts.

TOO MANY EDITS LATER: \/ ExudesAffluence: You’re right, it’s unlikely that a young girl would search for that specific of a term, but like I said, My Little Pony pictures works too, and I think a young girl might search for that:

That could be a problem.

Last edited Sep 16, 2012 at 10:36PM EDT
Sep 16, 2012 at 10:09PM EDT
Quote

@Edit @Twilit’s edit

Yeah, but I doubt they’d click the link over the pictures, even though they’re all previous generations. But I concede to your point, I could see that particular search being a problem if they didn’t use Google Images from the get-go. If you search images, though, the worst it gets is that scantily-clad Princess Leia pony that we’ve all seen, which shouldn’t be a problem if the child has been raised properly and seen Star Wars.

@Twilitlord

Personally, I think the likelihood of a young girl stumbling across saucy pony images on the Internet is blown way out of proportion. Your example is searching for “My Little Pony image gallery,” which, yes, makes sense that KYM should be the first result. But in my mind, a small child will go on Google images, search “Pinkie Pie” or “Twilight Sparkle,” and choose whatever the first couple images are. While they may find a picture of Twilight cuddling Trixie or a large-breasted humanized Applejack, I doubt they’d go much deeper than the first few images of their favorite pony, which are harmless.

Let me use myself as an example. Many moons ago, I was pretty active on the Nintendo Nsider forums, when I was about ten. Pokemon has its saucy bits just like any fandom, though I acknowledge the sauciness doesn’t quite compare to MLP, but never once do I recall my Google searches showing me anything NSWF. If it did, it certainly failed to scar my perception of Pokemon. So maybe a girl sees one sexualized pony image. I doubt it means anything. They’ll think it’s gross and they’ll look away. I know for a fact I’ve told this story here before, but I’ll tell it again since I’m reiterating my point.

So I don’t think this is as big an issue as everyone has made it out to be, basing it off my mentality as a ten year old Internet user.

Also, Rikki-Tikki-Tavia, since I couldn’t believe this didn’t exist yet. Drawn on graph paper because calculus.

Last edited Sep 16, 2012 at 10:50PM EDT
Sep 16, 2012 at 10:22PM EDT
Quote

Call me a slowpoke on the matter, but I think it’s bullshit how Joe, Bruno, and Amethyst got banned. They shouldn’t have been banned. Sure, people complained about the big bad R34. *glares at the not so Jolly Jew* But why did they need to get banned over it? This is the internet, and I know that this is a SFW site, but people should know better that borderline R34 gets posted all the time, even in the other image galleries. It’s just that the pony one has the biggest influx of it because it’s the biggest fan base here.

But in all seriousness, they shouldn’t be banned for posting it. Well, if they get banned, why don’t all of the people who post the saucy imagery get banned? That would make much more perfect sense. *sarcasm*

This is part of the reason why I don’t come here anymore because of all of the R34 discussion and such.

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:16PM EDT
Quote

Iamslow wrote:

> woke up at 4 pm today, slept though everything
> realize anything I could have said has probably already been said
>decided to commemorate the rustling with this

YES! Oh my god I LOVE that image you posted. I would pay front row tickets to see that main event match!

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:25PM EDT
Quote

All I have left to say on that discussion is that if we continue to just waive it and claim no responsibility…these constantly recurring and extremely annoying R34 debates will not stop coming

Why is it recurring? Why do we never shut the fuck up about R34? I’ll tell you why: Because at the end of the day, it’s still smutty imagery and its continuously rustling the jimmies of at least 10% of all website visitors whether we can justify it or not…it will continue doing that…

Never mind the Brony image, or KYM’s goals. How about our sanity?

How many more shitstorms do we have patience for? Personally I’m running out

That’s is all I have to say on the topic. Derailing in 3…2…1…

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:32PM EDT
Quote

I agree with Blue Screen of Deaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sep 17, 2012 at 12:16AM EDT
Quote

Zarathh wrote:

Call me a slowpoke on the matter, but I think it’s bullshit how Joe, Bruno, and Amethyst got banned. They shouldn’t have been banned. Sure, people complained about the big bad R34. *glares at the not so Jolly Jew* But why did they need to get banned over it? This is the internet, and I know that this is a SFW site, but people should know better that borderline R34 gets posted all the time, even in the other image galleries. It’s just that the pony one has the biggest influx of it because it’s the biggest fan base here.

But in all seriousness, they shouldn’t be banned for posting it. Well, if they get banned, why don’t all of the people who post the saucy imagery get banned? That would make much more perfect sense. *sarcasm*

This is part of the reason why I don’t come here anymore because of all of the R34 discussion and such.

It’s not because of the fact they posted smut.

It was because they all posted explicit content. I wasn’t the one to ban them, but from what I understood, they had all been warned before and they broke those rules again. It was grounds for a ban.
 
In the future, please make sure you understand the situation properly before making a statement on the matter.


I believe that this had been discussed to an end, even if not everyone agreed with the end. Heck, I’m not happy with the end (I want objective guidelines so users and moderators know what can be posted and what can’t be posted.)

  • The guidelines are not special for the FiM entry. There are other entries that have smutty content (the Miku Hatsune and Dakimakura ones come to mind immediately,) but as long as they aren’t explicit, then they aren’t coming down.
    • There are those who dislike the guidelines. I do not mean to take away from KYM’s viewership, and I hope that you would continue to post in this thread. But there are other sites that have more strict guidelines for content and spoiling:
      • Bronibooru will not have questionable content or explicit content.
      • Derpibooru has taken the place of Ponibooru, but it has better moderatorship and a personalizable spoilering system.
      • Twenty Percent Cooler just has pony art, but it also has spoilers.
    • If you do not like the guidelines, then go there for images.
    • We are not concerned that much with little girls. It’s honestly not our responsibility. It’s the parents’, whether or not they watch their kids or not. And we’ve stated that this isn’t to be accessed by people younger than 13.
      • Please stop bringing that argument up.
  • I will send an email to the administrators suggesting some fixes discussed here. So I’m going to be rather annoyed if people say the moderators just do what they want or don’t care. You have no idea how awkward it will be for me to be shot down and to get the messages back saying how I’m being too conservative.
    • I will suggest some spoiling function for the future.
    • I will suggest more image moderators for the site overall (not the FiM entry itself.)
  • If you don’t want smut in the entry with the guidelines they way they are, then:
    • Don’t post it.
    • Convince those who do post it to not.

Finally, and to reiterate, realize that if anime characters can be posted in swimsuits and lingerie, then so can ponies.


And no, I do not want this discussion to end because people are tired of it. Because the discussion will come up again, and I think that everyone would want to understand why the guidelines are the way they are, even if they don’t agree with that.

That’s what I would hope for, at least.

Last edited Sep 17, 2012 at 12:44AM EDT
Sep 17, 2012 at 12:40AM EDT
Quote

Exudes wrote:

Let me use myself as an example. Many moons ago, I was pretty active on the Nintendo Nsider forums, when I was about ten. Pokemon has its saucy bits just like any fandom, though I acknowledge the sauciness doesn’t quite compare to MLP,

OH MAN! Did you miss the days when /vp/ was basically Gardevoir/Lopunny porn central?

Hell, I remember the first time I ever jacked off was to softcore porn of Misty… Oh god, those memories are flashing back!


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Last edited Sep 17, 2012 at 01:04AM EDT
Sep 17, 2012 at 01:04AM EDT
Quote

>be gone for like almost two months from the forums because LOL college / lurking
>browse around, sees page 69
>take my time to read most of the stuff
>69
>oh.jpg

well, that escalated rather… quickly.

but i guess a 1-week “cool-off” period would be crucial for the people involved. granted, i’m quite guilty or uploading a very scant amount of suggestive stuff. (mostly humanized). i did notice them having the term “Jimmy Rustler” or something similar to their names.

and to be frank, Jolly Jew seriously needs to take a few doses of extra-strength chill pills. to me, he seems so uptight and pessimistic most of the time. and the inherent irony of some of his rants are quite obvious. but enough of that.

on the subject of R34……Verbose is right. no matter how much we try to avoid it, it would keep coming up eventually. i mean, c’mon, there must be like, a million or so bronies out there, with US, the KYM Bronies making up possibly a very minute percentage of that. Bronies out there with different opinions,mindsets and agendas. and to be honest, not a lot of them come into terms when it comes to these things.

unless we do find some kind of magical permanent fix to avoid all that fuss, we won’t be able to really steer clear of the stuff. as much as it irks me most of the time, we just have to live with it and IGNORE it. complaining about the stuff is gonna do nothing, really. like i said before, this is the Internet.

as for other stuff, i do believe that having some sort of “Janitorial” or “Guardian” position for maintaining the image gallery would be a good thing. but we need to have someone responsible enough who would actually know what to tolerate and keep and what to take down on plain sight. and of course, stricter guidelines on uploading. (the duplicate prevention does work to an extent, since i was uploading stuff for a bit after coming out of my self-imposed seclusion ala-Purplesmart)

…or a system similar to when comments are thumbed down after a set amount… they get BURIED. but then again, i actually see a problem with a system like that (the edgy teenage trolls burying images because HURR DURR we iz trollan teh bronies) but who knows? it may work.

but i’ll leave it to the capable mods to apply better measures. i’m just speaking my mind out.

and with that,

BACK TO LURKING

Stay awesome, friendos.

Last edited Sep 17, 2012 at 04:19AM EDT
Sep 17, 2012 at 03:52AM EDT
Quote

Verbose wrote:

It’s not because of the fact they posted smut.

It was because they all posted explicit content. I wasn’t the one to ban them, but from what I understood, they had all been warned before and they broke those rules again. It was grounds for a ban.
 
In the future, please make sure you understand the situation properly before making a statement on the matter.


I believe that this had been discussed to an end, even if not everyone agreed with the end. Heck, I’m not happy with the end (I want objective guidelines so users and moderators know what can be posted and what can’t be posted.)

  • The guidelines are not special for the FiM entry. There are other entries that have smutty content (the Miku Hatsune and Dakimakura ones come to mind immediately,) but as long as they aren’t explicit, then they aren’t coming down.
    • There are those who dislike the guidelines. I do not mean to take away from KYM’s viewership, and I hope that you would continue to post in this thread. But there are other sites that have more strict guidelines for content and spoiling:
      • Bronibooru will not have questionable content or explicit content.
      • Derpibooru has taken the place of Ponibooru, but it has better moderatorship and a personalizable spoilering system.
      • Twenty Percent Cooler just has pony art, but it also has spoilers.
    • If you do not like the guidelines, then go there for images.
    • We are not concerned that much with little girls. It’s honestly not our responsibility. It’s the parents’, whether or not they watch their kids or not. And we’ve stated that this isn’t to be accessed by people younger than 13.
      • Please stop bringing that argument up.
  • I will send an email to the administrators suggesting some fixes discussed here. So I’m going to be rather annoyed if people say the moderators just do what they want or don’t care. You have no idea how awkward it will be for me to be shot down and to get the messages back saying how I’m being too conservative.
    • I will suggest some spoiling function for the future.
    • I will suggest more image moderators for the site overall (not the FiM entry itself.)
  • If you don’t want smut in the entry with the guidelines they way they are, then:
    • Don’t post it.
    • Convince those who do post it to not.

Finally, and to reiterate, realize that if anime characters can be posted in swimsuits and lingerie, then so can ponies.


And no, I do not want this discussion to end because people are tired of it. Because the discussion will come up again, and I think that everyone would want to understand why the guidelines are the way they are, even if they don’t agree with that.

That’s what I would hope for, at least.

^This, this so fucking much.

Like Verbose says, being tired of a topic is a reason for that individual to ignore the topic, but shouldn’t be a reason to never mention a topic again. It will return, so you better just deal with it at once to make possible future topics regarding the same issue quicker.

I will be happy to join you in this topic Verbose. One thing though, I won’t respond to posts regarding the bans handed out anymore unless it’s by PM or in the IRC. At this point people aren’t even considering the grounds at which the bans were handed and just assume their own opinion is all-knowing, regardless of them being up to date with the situation.

So I’m going to be rather annoyed if people say the moderators just do what they want or don’t care.

I got a PM claiming me getting power crazy and calling my actions selfish and unjustified (and if I have to believe the PM, others said that as well). When we discussed this in the IRC (yes, I didn’t act on my own, I brought the topic up with other mods first) and people were up to date again, we could all agree with the decision that had to be made (I was just the person who handed out the judgement). If there are concerns though of me getting power crazy even after telling this, please point it out. I don’t want to make myself look like a nazi overlord.

So yes, like Verbose said, please make sure you understand the situation properly before making a statement on the matter.

Last edited Sep 17, 2012 at 09:41AM EDT
Sep 17, 2012 at 09:22AM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

^This, this so fucking much.

Like Verbose says, being tired of a topic is a reason for that individual to ignore the topic, but shouldn’t be a reason to never mention a topic again. It will return, so you better just deal with it at once to make possible future topics regarding the same issue quicker.

I will be happy to join you in this topic Verbose. One thing though, I won’t respond to posts regarding the bans handed out anymore unless it’s by PM or in the IRC. At this point people aren’t even considering the grounds at which the bans were handed and just assume their own opinion is all-knowing, regardless of them being up to date with the situation.

So I’m going to be rather annoyed if people say the moderators just do what they want or don’t care.

I got a PM claiming me getting power crazy and calling my actions selfish and unjustified (and if I have to believe the PM, others said that as well). When we discussed this in the IRC (yes, I didn’t act on my own, I brought the topic up with other mods first) and people were up to date again, we could all agree with the decision that had to be made (I was just the person who handed out the judgement). If there are concerns though of me getting power crazy even after telling this, please point it out. I don’t want to make myself look like a nazi overlord.

So yes, like Verbose said, please make sure you understand the situation properly before making a statement on the matter.

I’ve seen your and Verbose’s moderation in action, and I’ve seen no abuse of power. As far as I know, and from what I’ve seen, you and Verbose are well-loved moderators renowned for being fair, responsible, and active in the community. The people who criticize your moderator skills are probably troublemakers who don’t benefit from fair site moderation.

And no, I’m not saying this because I like you two.

As if.

Last edited Sep 17, 2012 at 09:54AM EDT
Sep 17, 2012 at 09:52AM EDT
Quote

I’m going to attempt to derail some of this discussion.

So season 3 is coming soon, with the addition of crystal ponies:

It’s also obvious that Cadence will be a go-to main character for some of the episodes.
So KYM do you think the crystal empire contains a NEW RACE of ponies, or are they just interested in crystals?
And if you get in close on the ponies, you can see their eyes look a little different:

CRAFT A THEORY KYM!

Sep 17, 2012 at 09:57AM EDT
Quote

Owens wrote:

I’ve seen your and Verbose’s moderation in action, and I’ve seen no abuse of power. As far as I know, and from what I’ve seen, you and Verbose are well-loved moderators renowned for being fair, responsible, and active in the community. The people who criticize your moderator skills are probably troublemakers who don’t benefit from fair site moderation.

And no, I’m not saying this because I like you two.

As if.

“Call me.”

Sep 17, 2012 at 09:58AM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

“Call me.”

Shush, Random!

I’m not ready to declare our love to the world.

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:07AM EDT
Quote

OmniXVII wrote:

I’m going to attempt to derail some of this discussion.

So season 3 is coming soon, with the addition of crystal ponies:

It’s also obvious that Cadence will be a go-to main character for some of the episodes.
So KYM do you think the crystal empire contains a NEW RACE of ponies, or are they just interested in crystals?
And if you get in close on the ponies, you can see their eyes look a little different:

CRAFT A THEORY KYM!

I tried to bring up S3 a page or 2 ago. Didn’t work.

Last edited Sep 17, 2012 at 10:20AM EDT
Sep 17, 2012 at 10:20AM EDT
Quote

OmniXVII wrote:

I’m going to attempt to derail some of this discussion.

So season 3 is coming soon, with the addition of crystal ponies:

It’s also obvious that Cadence will be a go-to main character for some of the episodes.
So KYM do you think the crystal empire contains a NEW RACE of ponies, or are they just interested in crystals?
And if you get in close on the ponies, you can see their eyes look a little different:

CRAFT A THEORY KYM!

Theory:

In the leaked DVD cover for S3, the ponies display white highlights in their eyes in a hexagon shape. Usually pony eyes have oval shaped ones.

I’ve only realised recently, but there’s another creature that shares this optical trait:

Parasprites have hexagon shines. Given that Celestia had never encountered them before, and that the Crystal Empire hadn’t been seen before, clearly the Parasprites are creatures from that land. Maybe even biological weapons meant to cause a famine, and thus the dependency of a nation rich in gemstones.

How did Pinkie know about them then? Rock farmer, remember? Now where do we find Crystals? The empire is subterranean, and has been moving them all over the country using the underground. I wonder what the empire would think now that Twilight has created a strain that eats inorganic matter?

Last edited Sep 17, 2012 at 11:12AM EDT
Sep 17, 2012 at 11:11AM EDT
Quote

@Crystal Pony theory

I doubt they are a “new race”, just a different nation with different customs. And a big fetish for crystals.

As for the hexagonal highlights, I’m not certain what the deal is. Perhaps a side-effect of some magical enchantment? Or just the art department being confused and inconsistent, since Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Applejack seem exempt from it?

But what about the empire itself? How come we haven’t heard of it, despite Cadence apparently being the big wig of the place?

Well, I heard one theory that it’s like Brigadoon, a time-displaced entity that only appears in a specific time, for a specific time.

Of course, that doesn’t explain how Cadence wound up being their empress. Perhaps she stumbled upon them as they emerged from time-warp and was proclaimed leader on the spot due to some old prophecy?

And what about that whole deal of reminding them of their history? Perhaps the time-displacement curse comes with a mass amnesia spell at no extra charge, or they were sent to a different dimension for the duration and over time stopped caring about dusty old tomes on ancient history?
Sep 17, 2012 at 11:57AM EDT
Quote

Brownmane the Knight wrote:

@Crystal Pony theory

I doubt they are a “new race”, just a different nation with different customs. And a big fetish for crystals.

As for the hexagonal highlights, I’m not certain what the deal is. Perhaps a side-effect of some magical enchantment? Or just the art department being confused and inconsistent, since Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Applejack seem exempt from it?

But what about the empire itself? How come we haven’t heard of it, despite Cadence apparently being the big wig of the place?

Well, I heard one theory that it’s like Brigadoon, a time-displaced entity that only appears in a specific time, for a specific time.

Of course, that doesn’t explain how Cadence wound up being their empress. Perhaps she stumbled upon them as they emerged from time-warp and was proclaimed leader on the spot due to some old prophecy?

And what about that whole deal of reminding them of their history? Perhaps the time-displacement curse comes with a mass amnesia spell at no extra charge, or they were sent to a different dimension for the duration and over time stopped caring about dusty old tomes on ancient history?

Considering everyone seems off, I’m going to assume it’s Art’s fault. I don’t think we’re going to learn anything from this pic.

Sep 17, 2012 at 12:31PM EDT
Quote

I think this is every “who is best pony” thread in a nutshell:

Sep 17, 2012 at 04:47PM EDT
Quote

I hope i’m not too late on this, but coming back to the image gallery – Season 3 has to wait.

@Multiple bannings
First of all the bannings were legit, people were complaining on the walls for over a month, but never got any reaction. For instance Advance was also warned some days ago even by a user that a ban could be incoming, but the guys were still posting lots of borderline porn and trying to come as close to the expicit edge as possible. Besides calling themselves Jimmie rustler implies that they just want to troll, as they are not even really into the stuff. (At least Advance stated that he doesn’t clop)

@Verbose
I think that you are a bit biased when it comes to the image gallery and what is appropiate and what not. I am not that long around here, but i guess that psychology is more than a hobby for you, because you offer JollyJew to talk about his sexualty and do the Brony Survey (BTW I have done the last one)
Bronies are interesting. They are mostly teenagers or young adults and are usually not entirely secure with their sexuality due to their age. So this makes them to very interesting objects when exposed to sexual content. Especially if it is content that could make them question their sexuality. So yeah i can understand your fascination regarding this matter.

But kym isn’t the right place for this study. It’s interesting to see what is beeing uploaded in the user generated image gallery, the reactions and the voting system. Lots of input for your research, theories and conclusions.

Perhaps this is a bit farfetched, but i think that you are genuinly interested that people see borderline porn in this gallery.

A user generated gallery can attract certain users and scare away others. If you go totally laissez-faire on it, the result would be a gallery consisting mostly of nsfw imagery, because users that do not enjoy this content would not take a look at it or if they did wouldn’t stay long. So the userbase would be changing from mainstream brony to clopper, basically this was begginning to happen here as other users started to post more and more suggestive material as well – not only to rustle some jimmies.

Besides your argument of thumbs up and people liking the images is a bit flawed. If you ignore those and just move on you won’t thumbs down them and there are people who just do not thumb down.

@X-Singular
This! And i think that a gallery guard isn’t such a bad idea as well or a possibility to flag images and let a mod take a look without the need to ask them after a couple of flags.

Sep 17, 2012 at 04:57PM EDT
Quote

Hello, everybody. Been a long time, hasn’t it?

I’d like to pop in to let my thoughts on this be heard. Just to make it clear, I’m talking about the current bans.


So, three users have been banned. That much is clear. What some may not be aware of is that they had uploaded explicit content and received warnings for it already. Still, they persisted.

Some of you frequent forum goers may remember the “>Dearpocalypse” (I love using this as an example, deal with it RM and Verbs). That alone should stand as evidence that warning a user does nothing unless you’re willing to take action against the offense.


Being a mod isn’t about showing favoritism or leniency. A moderator must be able to take a neutral stance and pass judgment with that in mind. If we let everything go, we’re being too lenient, and then we have madness.


As for the R34 and explicit/borderline content. Some mods have discussed this since the bans. I won’t go into detail but some interesting points were brought up.

Besides, we’ve had this discussion countless times already. Repetitive discussion is one reason I left this thread.


With all that said, how is everyone doing?


Edit: Also, I forgot to mention that RM once said that mods can’t do anything about pics unless they are aware that they exist. Mods are not omniscient, people. If you see something, report the offending image to a mod who is able to do something about it. As a forum mod, I cannot.

Last edited Sep 17, 2012 at 05:42PM EDT
Sep 17, 2012 at 05:10PM EDT
Quote

RANDOM QUESTION.

how would a pony go about loosing her/his color?

o_o

Sep 17, 2012 at 07:12PM EDT

Patina wrote:

RANDOM QUESTION.

how would a pony go about loosing her/his color?

o_o

Well my little pony….I know of one way….if you’re interested.

Sep 17, 2012 at 09:07PM EDT
Quote

burning_phoneix wrote:

Well my little pony….I know of one way….if you’re interested.

Alternatively:

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:35AM EDT
Quote

Patina wrote:

RANDOM QUESTION.

how would a pony go about loosing her/his color?

o_o


Last edited Sep 18, 2012 at 01:52AM EDT
Sep 18, 2012 at 01:50AM EDT
Quote

No Vasquez, those guys are Grey by birth…you know, like Derpy.

Side Note:

Whenever I read your name, I think of Derpy cosplaying as Vasquez from Aliens.

Last edited Sep 18, 2012 at 02:39AM EDT
Sep 18, 2012 at 02:38AM EDT
Quote

>Get new computer
>Transfer my pony files to it from my old one
>Decide they are to easy to find because of the way my computer is laid out
>Realize that I have a flash drive my mom bought me
>Put pony files on there
>Stick it in the corner of a drawer in my room
>Problem solved
>Get up this morning
>On computer
>Mom walks up
>Holds up my flash drive
>“My flash drive didn’t have enough memory for something, so I need to use yours. I’ll give it back when I’m done.”
>OH GOD MY PONY FILES ARE ON THERE
>Spaghetti everywhere

Sep 18, 2012 at 08:40AM EDT
Quote

“I have some important files I need for school Mom, let me just copy ’em off the drive and give it to you”

Seriously, I’ve become an expert at coming up with bullshit excuses to use on my parents, everyone should be at this point.

Sep 18, 2012 at 09:01AM EDT
Quote

I just told my parents the truth when they saw my desktop pony screensaver. Sooner or later they find out somehow. I explained what the fandom is, how it has grown and evolved, and how I became a part of it. They seem to understand and leave me alone about it, except they do pick on me a bit whenever a pony toy commercial comes on TV. It’s all in good fun though.

I guess it helps that they are pretty crazy about good cartoons to begin with though. Seriously, we have no less than 12 six-hour VHS tapes of Bugs Bunny cartoons that my dad taped off the TV when I was a kid (those tapes must be close to 15 years old now…). We still watch them.

Sep 18, 2012 at 09:49AM EDT
Quote

>Be drawing pony
>lots of pony
>Mom walks in, discovers the pony
>“Hey Mom look, I’m teaching myself to draw cartoons, these ponies make an excellent study”
>She doesn’t give a fuck
>Feel insulted, show her my ponies and asks what she thinks of the drawing style
>She asks what I want for dinner
>Spaghetti winner

Sep 18, 2012 at 10:00AM EDT
Quote

>Record Ticket Master on DVR
>Parents see it
>Explain Fandom
>Parent’s don’t care
>Little brother thinks I’m insane

Sep 18, 2012 at 10:23AM EDT
Quote

>Mom comes into room asking for a protractor
>“Sure, there’s one in my drawer”
>Suddenly remember pony DVD is hiding in there
>Scramble
>Fail
>Pink everywhere
>Awkward silence
>Never speak of it again

Later…
>Big box arrives
>Parents curious
>Try to hide
>Fail
>Ponies everywhere
>Try to explain
>Mom laughs, Dad doesn’t care
>Screw it
>Room slowly fills with pony
>No regrets

Sep 18, 2012 at 11:57AM EDT
Quote

Solaire, your Mother is weak.

My mother is tough as nails, if I ever tried to convert her to Pony I can guarantee you that next week I’ll be hating ponies more than Thomas Nair ever did.

The glut of R34 in the MLP KYM gallery will be astronomical as I vent my anger at your silly marshamallow horses. Every topic will be derailed with pony porn and every pony lover will be harassed. Nowhere will be safe.


But until then I’ll be like this:

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:09PM EDT
Quote

>Tells mom I’m a brony
>”what’s a brony?”
>explains what a brony is
>mom laughs and makes fun of me

Few months later

>turns nephew into brony
>nephew tells his mom about it
>she gets mad, thinks that I’m a creep, and won’t let her son watch the show anymore
>nephew and I watch MLP in secret

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:25PM EDT
Quote

>Eating dinner with family.
>We reminisce the days when my Dad would watch DragonBall Z with me
>Discussion of adults watching cartoons follows
>Large agreement that an adult can watch whatever the hell he wants
>We joke about the the time my Dad enjoyed watching Telletubbies
>I joke about how that must run in the family because now I’m watching MLP
>Everyone laughs
>Nobody really cares

I don’t need no lousy closet. My family doesn’t care that I’m a Brony so I’m scott free!

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:28PM EDT
Quote

Guise,

We need to le stop with all the le meme arrows.

We may accidentally le hit someone’s le knee and prevent them from fulfilling their dreams of being an adventurer.

le monkey face

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:51PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!