Forums / Discussion / General

175,254 total conversations in 5,765 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10166 posts from 235 users

Not Nathan wrote:

Well then.

On a side note, imma have to derail this thread, your picture brought it up, i think the PONY.MOV series is getting pretty stupid. im mean, heres my take.

APPLE.MOV: lol
DRESS.MOV: lmao, hes pretty good at this stuff
SHED.MOV: ehh… thats kinda weird… but non the less pretty funny
MAGIC.MOV: well thats a waste of time, they didn’t accomplish anything, this episode was lame
PARTY.MOV: ok, this is just stupid

ohai an oldfag

I don’t like the series as a whole, and really, it can’t get more stupid if it always was pretty stupid to begin with. At least, it’s not my type of humour.

I actually think that hotdiggedydemon is (slightly) improving. Like, apple.mov was really pointless and repetitive, but with party.mov and the later ones, there is actually some semblance of a plot. The animation gets better each time, although it still is creepy as ever, and you can tell he puts a lot more work into each passing one. Just take a look at the video lengths. The first one is under 3 minutes long, while the latest one clocks in at 8 and a half minutes.

(I really over use “really” and “actually” don’t I)


Page get? TANK IS BEST PONY


Last edited Jul 06, 2012 at 12:35AM EDT

@clubs
Personally, I like going to them. I like the lights, the music( depends on the club or festival), dancing, the girls, and all that good stuff. It’s fun to me really and it’s one of the main reasons I started working out a couple months ago. I guess it just depends on if you like large groups of people or not.

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

ohai an oldfag

I don’t like the series as a whole, and really, it can’t get more stupid if it always was pretty stupid to begin with. At least, it’s not my type of humour.

I actually think that hotdiggedydemon is (slightly) improving. Like, apple.mov was really pointless and repetitive, but with party.mov and the later ones, there is actually some semblance of a plot. The animation gets better each time, although it still is creepy as ever, and you can tell he puts a lot more work into each passing one. Just take a look at the video lengths. The first one is under 3 minutes long, while the latest one clocks in at 8 and a half minutes.

(I really over use “really” and “actually” don’t I)


Page get? TANK IS BEST PONY


Well what ever, i need to go so

peace kym

@DeadParrot on dancing

I used to think like you. I failed to see how there could be any artestry in the drunken flailing and pathetic dry humping of the clubs. I likewise failed to see any real beauty in formal dances or waltzes or what have you. But then one day I found myself at a bar in Ireland and there was a girl on the dance floor.

She was music on feet.

This girl didn’t dance, she sang melodies with her body, I could hear chords in the symmetry between her arms, legs, and hips. I endured the dancefloor orgy and terrible dubstep until my ears rang the next morning just to watch this girl in the electric half-light. Dancing can be like Mozart meeting Michaelangelo, the elegance of the human form released from paint and marble and given new medium in the movement through time.

It can be, albeit usually it’s just drunken flailing.

@.mov series

It really seems like every brony I meet dislikes this series. I don’t know, I thought it was kind of funny :/

@Dac

Ya, I can understand how someone could get kind of a buzz off of being around so many people and having the music so loud it literally shakes you. For me though, it’s just sensory overload.

Last edited Jul 06, 2012 at 12:59AM EDT

@Twins
I can’t remember if you were there at the time, but we went into the .MOV series near the end of the lat thread, too.
At the risk of opening up old wounds, I’ll say that I think I pretty much agree with you and Nathan.
His raw ability has no doubt improved, but for me at least, the writing started out somewhat weak and has been going steadily downhill with each installment.
The disappointing part is that he has proven that he can create more interesting stories as evidenced by his Jappleack tumblr, but he is actively choosing to make the .MOVs as they are.
And, since he’s said that the tumblr is going to intersect with the final .MOV, I can only fear that the interesting set-ups he’s created won’t payoff the way I’ve been hoping they would.
Who knows?
Maybe he’ll surprise me, but I’m not exactly holding out hope.

@Tank
Tank page?
Tank page.

Yeah, I was there, we already discussed it at length in the previous thread.

The entire point of the .mov series is to be really stupid and offensive, and hotdiggedydemon completely succeeds at that, while showing off his amazing animation skills at the same time. He can write more conventionally (eg not stupid), he just does it on purpose. Now, whether you like the series’ humour or not is a matter of contention.

BTW I’m using stupid in a positive way here, sort of like silly, but more, you know, stupid.

Moar Tank? Moar tank.


For Gigatoast~

Fifths wrote:

@DeadParrot on dancing

I used to think like you. I failed to see how there could be any artestry in the drunken flailing and pathetic dry humping of the clubs. I likewise failed to see any real beauty in formal dances or waltzes or what have you. But then one day I found myself at a bar in Ireland and there was a girl on the dance floor.

She was music on feet.

This girl didn’t dance, she sang melodies with her body, I could hear chords in the symmetry between her arms, legs, and hips. I endured the dancefloor orgy and terrible dubstep until my ears rang the next morning just to watch this girl in the electric half-light. Dancing can be like Mozart meeting Michaelangelo, the elegance of the human form released from paint and marble and given new medium in the movement through time.

It can be, albeit usually it’s just drunken flailing.

@.mov series

It really seems like every brony I meet dislikes this series. I don’t know, I thought it was kind of funny :/

@Dac

Ya, I can understand how someone could get kind of a buzz off of being around so many people and having the music so loud it literally shakes you. For me though, it’s just sensory overload.

I’ve always found dancing to beautiful. I took dance as a kid and I can dance salsa, merengue, the melbourne shuffle, and tecktonic. I’ll admit though that at clubs, I rather grind. It’s pleasurable obviously and if it’s done good, it doesn’t look that goofy. Still, i do like to dance proper dances as well.
Yeah, I do like the feeling of being with a shit load of people just dancing and music blaring. It’s a great feeling for me, but I can see why people don’t like it.

I wonder how much we’ll be seeing Tank in season 3, I hope he doesn’t get dicked over as much as Winona did. He’s definitely a solid 3rd place in the ‘best pet’ category, behind Gummy and Angel of corse.

Actually, make that 4th place, can’t forget about Screwloose.

Last edited Jul 06, 2012 at 02:46AM EDT

Not Nathan wrote:

Well then.

On a side note, imma have to derail this thread, your picture brought it up, i think the PONY.MOV series is getting pretty stupid. im mean, heres my take.

APPLE.MOV: lol
DRESS.MOV: lmao, hes pretty good at this stuff
SHED.MOV: ehh… thats kinda weird… but non the less pretty funny
MAGIC.MOV: well thats a waste of time, they didn’t accomplish anything, this episode was lame
PARTY.MOV: ok, this is just stupid

I’ve only watched MAGIC.MOV and I didn’t find it funny or offensive. Not sure why some people get really rustled because of those clips.

Tank Page? I don’t have any pics of the turtle… FS: Tortoise
So how about AJ in an M10 Wolverine?


And for all of you people out there with actual good taste in WWII tanks, Here’s Nightmare Moon on a King Tiger (a.k.a. SdKfz 182 PzKpfW VI Ausf. B Tiger II “KonigsTiger”)
Hyper-linked for big resolution

That’s my second post in a row here on KYM that contains a King Tiger somewhere, interesting.


@ .MOV discussion:
In my humble opinion:
Funny: No.
Offensive: No.
Well made: Very.
So I can see why many people like it, a lot of effort was put into creating it.


@Gigatoast’s Screwball:
ALL MY MONEY!

@Pets discussion

Ah, I think Opalescence and Owlowiscious are tied for first for me. Owlowiscious makes such an incredible foil to Rarity and Owlowiscious is just cool. I’ll tell you who gets a solid last place though.

I’ve got your number you abuser.

X wrote:

Tank Page? I don’t have any pics of the turtle… FS: Tortoise
So how about AJ in an M10 Wolverine?


And for all of you people out there with actual good taste in WWII tanks, Here’s Nightmare Moon on a King Tiger (a.k.a. SdKfz 182 PzKpfW VI Ausf. B Tiger II “KonigsTiger”)
Hyper-linked for big resolution

That’s my second post in a row here on KYM that contains a King Tiger somewhere, interesting.


@ .MOV discussion:
In my humble opinion:
Funny: No.
Offensive: No.
Well made: Very.
So I can see why many people like it, a lot of effort was put into creating it.


@Gigatoast’s Screwball:
ALL MY MONEY!

is that world of thanks because i know there are a lot of mlp mods for that game

@Twins:

Yeah, I know about all that, but my point still stands. It’s proven by the field of literature that a lot of people like better stories with more plot and everything, and a lot of movies with a good story sell well, so I’m wondering why the market is bigger for the plotless movies. I suppose it’s not a big deal, and my theory is that most people just don’t give a fuck, but it’s still odd.

@.MOV:

I don’t find them offensive, because they don’t openly insult anyone. A little bit gross, sure, but there are a lot of TV shows and movies about as gross, if not grosser. Need I remind you of Billy & Mandy?

The clips are well-made, and have a certain sense of humor that appeals to people. You could say that it makes like Hollywood movies and relies on a crappy plot with a lot of other stuff, and that may be. However, it still does rake in a lot of views, and a lot of laughs, so I can understand the people that like it. I, personally, don’t care. I liked the Northern Incident more than any of HDD’s other vids, mainly because it was disturbing up until the moment of comedy, which was fucking hilarious.

@Tank:

Amidoingitrite?

Anyways, you guys are all retards. Winona is best pet, followed by Gummy and Angel tied for second place, then Owlowiscious, then Tank, then Opal. For everybody calling Angel an abuser, you are only judging him based off ONE scene. ONE SCENE. Every other scene he’s been more-or-less an aid to Fluttershy, but he generally has to get his point across to be that. He alerted her to the smoke, comforted her when she had a mental breakdown, cheered her on when she set off to fly, and watched over her when the CMC made her have another mental breakdown.

And, in a twisted way, he did lead to Fluttershy becoming more assertive and becoming a better person pony with his ‘abuse’.

@Thor:

Pretty sure that’s G-mod (or Source Filmmaker). There’s add-ons with tanks, which can be paired with the pony add-on. Easy as that.

@ Rule34 and questionable content:

Before i gave the show a second chance i ignored most of the pony stuff for over a year. It is actually fairly easy to ignore it, if you don’t make a big fuss about it. There are so many Futurama, Spongebob or Simpsons cartoon images and memes around that i never really cared about the pony ones. After i tried the first episode and thaught that it wasn’t for me, i just stayed away from it.

This just fits perfectly here. Well at the end of the second season i tried the show again, fell in love with it and watched all the episodes in a short amount of time

When i finished the episodes i had to lurk around for more pony. So i watched PMV’s, read the entries here, scrolled through image galleries and came accross some more or less questionable content.

And now comes the interesting part: There has been a sort of “What has been seen, cannot been unseen” phenomom for me. When i rewatch an episode now, i do notice the plot. I mean i have watched all the episodes before without taking any closer look at any pony ass in the show, but since i came accross those shaking-that-ass gifs, the “i watch it for the plot” meme and other saucy images, i just see it.
And i would have never thaught that my mind would get corrupted by those, but there is no chance to unsee it now. Basically the way that you perceive something can be affected just by minor details.

BTW: I don’t find pony porn arousing, but there are people out there who like it and other people who enjoy to provoke. Therefore it will exist – not only to fulfill an internet rule.

@PONY.MOVS

I didn’t think they were that bad, they managed to make me laugh at least once. Of course I also take them for the joke they are, I don’t know how seriously others may have taken them.

But I just sort of get the impression that many Bronies in general just are not the type of people who are into crude humor. Considering we are drawn to cute and adorable things, hence MLP in the first place, I’d say that there is a higher probability that the opposite is less appealing for most (Not speaking for myself. I’m one of those people who like grimdark. I like having a healthy balance of both innocent cuteness and utter horribleness in my entertainment, but I digress)

Cute innocence and vile crudeness don’t mix well so I’m using that simple logic to conduct a reason why the PONY.MOV’s are getting negative reviews.

But on the other hand, surely the PONY.MOV’s are not getting that much dislike considering how popular they are. Maybe those who enjoyed them are speaking out less than those who did not?

Hooray for best pet!

Problem?


@Guilty confessions

Here goes. I am obsessed with Twilight Sparkle.

“But Muffinator, we already knew that.”

Let me define what I mean by “obsessed”. It goes beyond a simple choice in “best pony”. Sometimes at night, I’ll hug my pillow and pretend its her when I can’t sleep. I think it’s mostly innocent, though a tad creepy. At least I confessed something.

What has happened to me?

As for why, I blame this one girl I was crazy for in high school. They’re both intelligent and have the same somewhat-sarcastic person. Sometimes, their voices aren’t too off as well.

Also, in the past, I’ve had to stop myself from saying “everypony” in class presentations.


@R34

Whitishcollar wrote:

It is actually fairly easy to ignore it, if you don’t make a big fuss about it.

I agree with this, some bronies take R34 way too seriously. I myself am pretty light-stomached, so I dislike the questionable stuff, but I don’t sob at the mere sight of Twilight in lingerie. And I tolerate things like the Princess Molestia tumblr, but it doesn’t appeal to me as much as other forms of humor.

Though I would make the argument that the R34 in this fandom is one of the things that makes it the most unique, as it raises a ton of questions. To my knowledge, in other fandoms you will get some opposition to R34 of certain characters, but certainly not like the reaction found in the brony fandom. The main factor for this is, of course, that they’re horses. Thus you get a ton of conflicting viewpoints on the matter. Are they human enough for it to be alright? Are people really attracted to horses, or is it more the character’s personality their being attracted to? Etc.


@Nathan

You’re new here, but I’ll copy-paste this anyways.

Solaire (Explosive Lasers) wrote:

Verbose is the local TL;DR king and a mod, RandomMan gets all the bitches and is generally the best guy ever, Algy likes fan-fics, Muffinator and I are clones (Muffinator is the better one), Ric is a pegasus with augmentation bullshit, Popper is a Mandalorian with the hots for Chrysalis, Pyro is Nightmare Moon’s waifu (and vice-versa), Twins is a girl that’s been strangely absent, Dac provides the shitstorms and controversy, and Twilight Sparkle is best pony. El Slinker, Windigo, Zarathh, and everybody else are hoes that go after bros.

Did I do it right?

Disturbed B wrote:

I feel like we just had this discussion. I don’t know why there is so much negative feelings about the PONY.MOVs.

Seriously though, I love the series. Even my non-brony friends enjoy watching it.

Im not hating on it, or am i offended by it, im just sayin it is pretty stupid, and apple.mov was hilarious imo, i showed to my friends and now every time we run into an apple we start quoting the video.

Tim the Enchanter wrote:

>Joined 30 minutes ago
>Says that he is back
MFW I saw your post:

I forgot my password. I was here back around the 3rd pony thread. I was that prick that kept on using Octavia in his username…

User_Name555 wrote:

I forgot my password. I was here back around the 3rd pony thread. I was that prick that kept on using Octavia in his username…

ha, im from the first thread, get on my level, im the one that’s truly back

@Muffinator

For the love of imagination, man! That introduction is getting pretty trite.


@Returning People

Whaddya want, a parade or something? (I kid, really.)


@Pets

I find it interesting that no one even mentions Philomena. How could you ignore a “pet” that can do this:

Last edited Jul 06, 2012 at 01:37PM EDT

@At all the new/old users

Good to have some more people to talk to!

@Dan
Oh yeah, Philomena kicks ass!
I assume she’s usually forgotten because she belongs to Celestia and not one of the main characters.

Not Nathan wrote:

YOU CAN GET RID OF ME GUYS, IM BACK, AND BETTER THAN EVER. now, wheres randomman? and any of the other bronies i remember from when i was a knowyourmeme regular

@User_Name555

Look at my entrance man! after 8 months of being on the moon.

But enough of that already.

Nightmare Fuel time?
Alright, I’ve got one for Scootaloo, but it’s pretty bad.
I’m going to spoiler button it just in case anyone is easily disturbed by this kind of stuff.


Anyone still alive?
Last edited Jul 06, 2012 at 03:22PM EDT

DeadParrot222 wrote:

Nightmare Fuel time?
Alright, I’ve got one for Scootaloo, but it’s pretty bad.
I’m going to spoiler button it just in case anyone is easily disturbed by this kind of stuff.


Anyone still alive?


here have some MrCreepyPasta

DeadParrot222 wrote:

Nightmare Fuel time?
Alright, I’ve got one for Scootaloo, but it’s pretty bad.
I’m going to spoiler button it just in case anyone is easily disturbed by this kind of stuff.


Anyone still alive?

Last edited Jul 06, 2012 at 04:25PM EDT

SON OF A BUCKING FISH!

So my new picture made it to the EqD drawfriends, but some idiot forgot to put the source I provided them so nobody could get to my DA page without typing it in manually!

Or maybe some asshole stole my work and submitted it before me without a source, but either way I just got cheated out of a s**tload of views.

EDIT: Fixed now, at least Sethisto is one snappy complaint handler.

Last edited Jul 06, 2012 at 05:06PM EDT

Pinkamena Diane Pie wrote:


Pinkie is intrigued by what is going on in this thread, yes!
Now one must ponder of which song Pinkie should put on her wall.

Will this song do?:

Based on your third-person conversations, might I suggest this:

@Gigatoast
That sucks, but at least it was fixed pretty quickly!
Also, ‘Bucking Fish?’

Last edited Jul 06, 2012 at 05:30PM EDT

@brony island

The thing is if these people have money to throw around, then I figure chances are this isn’t the only thing they’re going to throw it at. Besides just think of how jelly all the other fandoms would be, guise!

I’m just kidding but – Oh. Huh. They’ve been stuck at $41 for almost a day now…

Oh well. There’s already an Equestria anyways.

@Rule 34
I just don’t care, really. Sometimes I chuckle when I stumble upon it.

@MOV series
I still like the first one and shed best.

@parrot

Last edited Jul 06, 2012 at 05:57PM EDT

DeadParrot222 wrote:

Nightmare Fuel time?
Alright, I’ve got one for Scootaloo, but it’s pretty bad.
I’m going to spoiler button it just in case anyone is easily disturbed by this kind of stuff.


Anyone still alive?

Please DeadParrot, in my dreams I look into the eyes of Lovecraftian horrors the likes of which would drive lesser men screaming into insanity. I have seen the darkness that flays souls and consumes worlds, what could you possibly show me that could compete with such immortal terror?

clicks button

Pinkamena Diane Pie wrote:


Pinkie is intrigued by what is going on in this thread, yes!
Now one must ponder of which song Pinkie should put on her wall.

Will this song do?:

I’m eating pizza while watching this video. No regrets.

DeadParrot222 wrote:

Nightmare Fuel time?
Alright, I’ve got one for Scootaloo, but it’s pretty bad.
I’m going to spoiler button it just in case anyone is easily disturbed by this kind of stuff.


Anyone still alive?

YOU MONSTER

DeadParrot222 wrote:

Nightmare Fuel time?
Alright, I’ve got one for Scootaloo, but it’s pretty bad.
I’m going to spoiler button it just in case anyone is easily disturbed by this kind of stuff.


Anyone still alive?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!