Forums / Discussion / General

170,899 total conversations in 5,485 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10167 posts from 235 users

@tim
Getting sued? Possibly canceled? No way man. If a show got canceled every time they made fun of a fanbase, intellectual property, or group of people, we would be left with nothing. I doubt hasbro will see anything to gain In bringing more attention to it anyways. Its not tarnishing their property, just bronies. Bronies do way more than tosh in terms of tarnishing their intelectual property anyways, and hasbro doesn’t do much about it. No one really cares is my point, and bronies shouldn’t either.

Let’s step back for a second. He made fun of my little pony! What about south park making fun of Steve Irwin right when he died? What about the various 9/11 jokes in family guy? The fact that some bronies are demanding his head on a pike is way more upsetting to me than tosh putting up that picture. Are bronies superior to d&d fans, Trekkies, star wars fans, and anime fans? Those guys have been made fun of so much on tv, why should bronies get mad over it? It’s just a joke.

My two cents on the “issue”.

Nov 22, 2012 at 05:50PM EST
Quote

@Tim

When I said that Tosh’s actions hurt himself more, what I meant is that it only made him even less appealing to viewers

Legally, absolutely nothing is going to happen and absolutely nothing should happen. Dac hit the nail on the head there.


@Meeting Bronies IRL

There are only two, exactly 2 Bronies in this entire country: Me and Phoneix.*

So my only hope is finding Pheonix when I eventually move to Auckland. The rest of you guys are lucky in my opinion

*We have many alt-accounts on every forum

Nov 22, 2012 at 06:10PM EST
Quote

It’s unfortunate how people are still underestimating this.
 
This may not be the end of the world, but it’s not “nothing.”

Hentai isn’t shown on television for one reason: it’s very offensive. I can assure you that tons of people like it. And Comedy Central has a lot more people and entities to deal with and abide by than fan art. We’re not putting it on television, and you can’t sue hundreds if not thousands of R34 artists (not easily, anyway.)

How is explicit, sexual acts diffferent from hentai? Practicially, it is not.

That’s the difference. Whether or not he was making fun of bronies isn’t the point. The point is that they aired Flutter vag to the world on a cable network.

It’s not simple one way or the other.

Nov 22, 2012 at 06:14PM EST

I honestly do not care that the joke was targeted at bronies, my main point is targeted at the images that he used, which if you did not know were uncensored. People are not trademarked, Events are not trademarked, Cartoons are trademarked, and Shows are trademarked. I am OK with fair use of cartoons but the use of Hasbro’s intellectual property in that manner was harmful to them as a company and they will most likely seek compensation for the damage that Daniel Tosh caused, they are a children’s channel and they do not want this type of advertisement for their show. The art itself is not intellectual property of Hasbro but the characters that they depict make it completely within their right to seek legal action like suing, they might execute that or give Daniel Tosh a slap on the wrist to remind him to never use Hasbro content in that fashion again. The show might get cancelled, that might be a possibility, worst case scenario that I said, might not happen, but that episode almost certainly will never air again on comedy due to the nature of the images and the legal ramifications that they have.

Tl;Dr: I don’t care that the joke was targeted at bronies, Daniel Tosh used intellectual property of Hasbro that is damaging to them because they are a children’s company. the characters that he showed are property of Hasbro and they have the right to seek compensation for the use of those characters in that fashion.

It is still Hasbro’s show, it is still their content, I cannot speak on their behalf but I do understand that this is harmful to them. Do they want parents to watch this TV show and find out that there is a minority of people on the internet, people which masturbate to MLP? No, any sane business would say no because that would hurt their image and their marketing power over families.

Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 06:39PM EST
Nov 22, 2012 at 06:23PM EST
Quote

@tim

Again, not the first time. Robot chicken does that all the time for example. Remember when moms everywhere saw the Dave Chappelle sesame st. Skit and then tried to ban sesame st? Oh wait, that didnt happen. It’s not tarnishing their reputation at all. Who watches tosh.o? Soccer moms? If you truly feel he should be sued for that, than why not equstria daily(cupcakes anyone), derpybooru, the various tumblrs? Remember, he didn’t draw that or the copious amounts of pony r34, bronies did.

Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 06:46PM EST
Nov 22, 2012 at 06:33PM EST
Quote

@Verbose

From what I have gathered so far from various other discussions, Tosh.0 is well known for showing that kind of explicit rude content (fake genitals and whatnot) and has been doing it for some time. So under that given context it might actually be nothing as far as Tosh and his network is concerned.

Well, wait and see if anyone takes action. If Tosh broke a rule, we would surely hear about it

Also note that Bronies are purposely downplaying the issue for our own sake

Nov 22, 2012 at 06:42PM EST
Quote

@Tim, I agree with Dac. I certainly don’t like the fact that they showed explicit content, but I am afraid that any sort of action by Hasbro would just lead to a more people becoming aware of it (the Streisand effect). I think Hasbro is aware of this, and the tides of of the waters that constitute “free use” are difficult to navigate. If Hasbro did make this and issue, they might even lose the case as it wasn’t actually their images, and was meant for “comedic” purposes. While I think that Tosh might receive some minor repercussions from CC/ Viacom, even that seems unlikely, considering that stuff like this is apparently semi-common place on his show.

Nov 22, 2012 at 07:01PM EST
Quote

From a legal stand point? most likely, as I said I cannot speak for a company which runs a kids show which is still on air which is trying to sell that merchandise to their families. But letting an image like that float around uncensored on national television, not the internet, is still a problem to Hasbro. Most of the content that Robot Chicken parodies is old series which are no longer on the air and their toy lines, if they had any is off the air, and as a cartoon company they have the right to use content that they air like Transformers. Hasbro does not care about online content because it promotes the show, I do not know their stand point on cupcakes but they don’t seem to care because it is online, most of their original intended audience does not use the internet, well I hope not. I just want you to remember that MLP FiM is still on air, they are still trying to sell those toys to children, and the possibility of losing families because a parent watched that people masturbate to his child’s favourite show is not in Hasbro’s or the Hub’s interest.
Edit: Fair enough of a comment Jacob, I can agree to that. I am just looking at this from a business perspective, which suggests that this episode was not beneficial to Hasbro’s image on a show which they are still promoting.
@BSoD I can see the Viacom network censoring the images to minimize future damage and downplay the issue on their end as well.

Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 07:29PM EST
Nov 22, 2012 at 07:02PM EST
Quote

Verbose wrote:

Did…

…Did aphex propose through a comic?
 
 
If so, then to each his own. And I’d think he knows his potential fianceé better than most, so he wouldn’t do it if he didn’t think she’d like it.
 
But also if so:
 

 
 
…That’s a little more than cringe worthy. Not gonna lie.
 
But congrats to him (even if it’s actually just an OC representation of what actually happened. Again, he seems like a really cool guy.

Might be a recreation of what happened IRL, his way of telling how it happened. I can understand describing how you both acted during a proposol is hard through just text, so a comic on his popular Tumblr is a great solution.

Nontheless, very cute. Not often you come across something like this, and certainly requires balls to do so. Congrats to both of them if they happen to read this.


IRL Bronies:

My counter is still at zero. Not even distant ones with random people who happened to wear a MLP shirt or some sort.

Then again, it’s not like I really aim at meeting them. I’m pretty secret about my powerlevel, even towards my family (explaining why a random person would send me a Pony plush was an awkward thing to do, but I’ll leave that story for later). So who knows, I might’ve already met quite a few. But I only have myself to blame if that’s the case.

(I believe I have the artist of that on Steam)
Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 07:20PM EST
Nov 22, 2012 at 07:18PM EST
Quote

Am I too late for my IRL bronies story? Well I’m telling it anyways.

As I believe I’ve said before, I often wear brony gear at K-State because I don’t give a s**t. I also work in one of the dining halls (the smallest one on campus, but there’s still upwards of 500 people who go through it daily) and one of my shifts involves swiping people’s ID cards so they can come in to eat, so I see about 200 or so people during that shift without an apron on (I only work that position for the first half of that lunch). The first time I ever worked that shift, I wore my Vinyl Scratch shirt, and literally at least half a dozen people or more commented on it or went right in for the brohoof. Made me so happy. One time, someone from another one of the dorm complexes wore in the Daft PON3 hoodie, and I was instantly jelly because I didn’t even know it existed and Daft Punk is one of my favorite bands. I’ve also had people comment on that or the Wonderbolts hoodie. Once someone walked into the pizza place I was at wearing it… while I was also wearing mine. It was odd. Haven’t had anyone comment on my Derpy bag yet, though, and I carry my stuff in it daily since I got it. It’s always fun to have plot discussions in the middle of just random places.

Nov 22, 2012 at 07:21PM EST
Quote

@tim
scooby doo, looney tunes, My little pony, pokemon, DC and marvel characters are still on the air. Anyways, I brought up one single show as an example. Even If robot chicken only made fun of older shows, what about south park?
Also, I find it much more likely that a parent will run into a naughty MLP picture on the internet, than a pic that was shown for a little bit on a comedy central show.

“most of their original intended audience does not use the internet, well I hope not”

Ok, and what percentage of the intended audience watch comedy central?

I hope Im not being too argumentative, I just really disagree with the idea of him needing to get in trouble for this. He did nothing that hasn’t been done before.

Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 08:01PM EST
Nov 22, 2012 at 07:56PM EST
Quote

For Tosh.0…
Who cares. Seriously.
It was funny, and inapprpriate. But funny. Whatever happpens, happens.
now, to derail
Dirty little secret time.
Did you kno that according to my irl and interweb brony friends, I possess and can write clopfiction? And the reason why I don’t has nothing to do with my morals? (Serioisly, I’m okay with writing it. I just don’t)

Nov 22, 2012 at 08:28PM EST
Quote

Dac, “most of their original intended audience does not use the internet, well I hope not” was in context for the children that watch MLP, the show was originally made for young children, and I hope that they do not use the internet because it is not intended for them. All I want you to see this issue is in the eyes of a Company that makes toys for children which their parents buy. On national television an explicated image of one of your characters was shown on air, potential to parents 18-34, 34 is a reasonable age for a parent to a young child who will potentially watch the show.

“When producing parodies it is acceptable under US law to use bits of the original show (which in this case is two main characters) to enhance the comedic nature of your new creation. This includes music and other identifying elements. It does not violate copyright law, as long as it doesn’t damage or harm the reputation of the original or try to pose as the original.”

Can you please stop comparing this issue to shows on the cartoon network, they most likely have the rights to use these shows and have every right to parody them because they have the right to use their image. Comedy Central and Discovery Networking are two completely separate companies, Tosh.0 might have acquired the rights to use MLP from Hasbro for the show, but their failure to censor potential damaged Hasbro’s reputation and they can seek legal action in a way that they see fit, if they did not acquire the rights from Hasbro this makes the problem even worse, because both shows are owned by two separate companies. Looking back on this I will still say that Tosh.0 probably will not be cancelled, and I will continue to say that chance is slim, there is always a chance for probability, but that image and potential that episode will be block, which is Hasbro’s call, not mine. Seeing the status of the situation, I will guess that Viacom will censor the image, the person in charge of regulating what is censored will be sacked, Tosh might issue an apology and nothing big after that. Finally, this is just my assessment from a legal standpoint which most of us seem to forget. I can understand where you are coming from Dac, but this is a completely different legal issue which Hasbro is facing rather than a show which has thoroughly went over their legal rights and understand the parameters of what they can and cannot show rather than Tosh.0 failing to censor a children’s show character that is still on air or just randomly pulled off the internet without checking with Hasbro that this action was OK. We will see what Hasbro thinks in a few days, it does take time for them to react in a formal matter or not at all.

Nov 22, 2012 at 09:06PM EST
Quote

@Dac

“Bronies do way more than tosh in terms of tarnishing their intellectual property anyways, and hasbro doesn’t do much about it.”

That’s unfair. It’s true we’ve churned out our fair share of Lyra dolls and Rule 34, but that stuff is drowned by all the positive things bronies have done for the image of the show. Look at all the quality fan work, charity, and just general good will that has been generated by the fandom. When you compare what little damage bronies have done to the franchise next to the good we have, you realize that Hasbro has no good reason to complain about us whatsoever.

All Tosh did was air porn. His gross impact is negative while the community’s is positive. Your point that Hasbro hasn’t done anything about Tosh because they haven’t made efforts to supress the brony community as a whole really isn’t valid.

@Meeting Bronies

I’ve had two brony meeting experiences so far, the ones I met at the opera in Chicago and the ones I met at the convention in Anaheim. I was better able to function with the ones at the opera than the ones at the convention because of the smaller, more intimate setting. I…really don’t find crowds to be terribly enjoyable. Still, both experiences were rather pleasant.

The two bronies I met and spent any real time with were Verbose and Deadparrot. Two very different experiences really. Verbose I really enjoyed spending time with because he yielded some good conversation, a nice blend of pony related discussion and non-pony related discussion. It’s very nice to find a person who can entertain you with conversation alone.

Deadparrot unfortunately was not quite so blessed with the gift of gab. Oh it’s not that he’s stupid or that we didn’t share any interests, he’s just not quite so…verbose (I can’t believe I just said that, someone please come and kill me now) Still, he had a lot of shiny toys, so it was kay.

Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 10:14PM EST
Nov 22, 2012 at 09:51PM EST
Quote

Ok, my last post on the topic.

Tim, I dont disagree with you because I don’t understand, I disagree because I understand exactly what you are saying and don’t agree. If hasbro sues tosh, they will bring everyones attention to something that didn’t register a blip on the media radar, at least up until now it hasn’t. It would be completely counterintuitive and would do nothing good. This won’t damage their properties anymore than the vast multitude of parodies, skits,and jokes that have aired about various properties and products. Ok?

Tim:“Can you please stop comparing this issue to shows on the cartoon network, they most likely have the rights to use these shows and have every right to parody them because they have the right to use their image.”

Can you please stop assuming here? They do not have the rights to disney, they do not have the rights to many of the shows the make fun of. They just do it. And lets say they did have the rights, that does not invalidate my point. What about every parody, joke, or skit that has aired? I doubt Daniel Tosh is the first to do something like that without the rights to it. My argument isn’t hinging on Robot chicken and the rights to the shows that cartoon network have.

@fifths

When did I say Hasbro can’t do anything because of the bronies R34? I never said that. I was just bringing up the irony In the fact that some bronies seem to be saying that he is tarnishing the property when it was (some) bronies who produced the material that he aired briefly. Its just a little silly. that is all.

Now, I will drop the subject because I feel like it, peace…..

Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 10:14PM EST
Nov 22, 2012 at 10:13PM EST
Quote

1. Dan that was rude of you to thumb down my comment, I did not attack you, and I was just justifying my statement on why it is possible for Hasbro to handle the situation.

2. I did not say in my last statement that Tosh had to be sued, I said, “I will guess that Viacom will censor the image, the person in charge of regulating what is censored will be sacked, Tosh might issue an apology.” the last point I highly doubt myself. Hasbro will do what it wants as a company and will manage its intellectual property as they see fit as a children’s company which in this case has had their image tarnish for possibly supporting porn, they still have to manage the damage.

3. In that case, Cartoon network is protected by the law in this case which you pointed out, It can have the right to parodies Disney because it is a criticism of an official piece of intellectual property. Tosh.0 aired an unofficial Hasbro image (which is technically illegal in of itself but Hasbro does not care that it was online originally, if they did care about their property online most of this fan art would not exist or the fan sites which they fully support like EQD) as a representation of their product, which is damaging to their reputation. If Tosh.0 created that image, (which they did not) then they would have been protected by the law, this is not the case. As I said before the legal situation is different than that of the Cartoon Network.

Changing Gears, I would like to wish the happy couple to be, a very happy holiday season. I will have to say that picture was a sweet gesture.

Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 11:11PM EST
Nov 22, 2012 at 10:47PM EST
Quote

Alton Brown the windigo wrote:

Babs Seed is a bit of a force-a-nature it seems.

Okay, I’m late coming to this, but I need to write a comprehensive list of everything I enjoyed about this clip.

-Babs’ retardedly stereotypical New Yorker accent.
-Scootaloo: “Oh no she didn’t! (guuuuuurl)”
-Babs: “Looks like somepony’s pumpkin just got squashed.” That pun was so immaculately terrible that transcends straight into the realm of pure awesome.
-Apple Bloom’s “Wut”
-Scootaloo: “We’re NOT babies!” Oh God, want to hug.
-Sweetie Belle: “Then…why do I feel like crying?” Sweetie Belle, why are you arguing that you are, in fact, a baby?

God, I’m looking forward to Saturday now.

Nov 22, 2012 at 11:19PM EST
Quote

@This Tosh guy, who I’ve never heard of until now

In a nutshell, yes, it was offensive, negative, rather short, not terribly unusual, aimed at redditors I guess, and at the end of the day I don’t think it’ll have any lasting impact. Moving on.

On second thought, there is one thing I’ll add to this. Just because someone makes fun of literally everyone (like South Park does), that does not necessarily make it okay. It’s a little more fair than singling anyone out, but I still think we as individuals should be careful of that which we grant tacit approval through that kind of shaky justification. I’m not saying there’s cause for rioting or whatever, but I do maintain a strong personal distaste for that kind of stuff.

That said, I have little space in my brain for concern over such matters, mostly because it’s external. In-fighting tends to bother me a little when it happens, but these little attacks (or just poking fun) from outside, meh.


Now, for the real reason of my post. Muumi! I know you’re out there! I was just curious, did you happen to see today’s Drawfriend? Cuz this was in it.


Oh, and I saw that tumblr proposal just a little while before Verbose posted the link. I remember assuming that it was sort of an artistic representation, because, seriously, girls like rocks that they can actually wear, right? Anyway, I thought it was cute.

Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 11:43PM EST
Nov 22, 2012 at 11:38PM EST
Quote

I hope that isn’t spoilery, Fifths.

I can’t tell, because I don’t want to look at the original clip.


Nov 22, 2012 at 11:40PM EST

@Tim


…which is damaging to their reputation.

Here’s where I am having a problem with this discussion

Do you know if Hasbro’s reputation is actively being damaged right now? Is anyone blaming Hasbro for that 10 seconds of R34? Is anyone taking legal action to either Tosh or Hasbro? Does Hasbro even know or care? Is there actual evidence of major public damage to anyone’s reputation that we or Hasbro need to address, or are we just playing a game of “Social Justice Blogger” right now?

Hasbro could care, but also they may not. Until we know for certain if they do care, or anyone else for that matter…should we?

To my knowledge, it is yet to be seen if Tosh’s actions has had any negative impact on anybody. Sure, his live audience sounded like they died a little inside when they saw the image but for all we know they probably forgot about it by now

Yes it is totally plausible that someone may have been negatively affected or deeply offended but we haven’t seen anyone speak up so far and chances are that nobody cares enough to do so.

Until it becomes evident that there is visible outrage and action being taken either legally or publicly, we can just walk away from this. After all: we are neither Hasbro, Soccer moms, Tosh’s viewers or the artist of the revealed R34. Were just the Bronies and we get sick jokes like that all the time, which we easily shrug off

TL;DR:

In the purest sense of the term…who cares?

Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 11:50PM EST
Nov 22, 2012 at 11:40PM EST
Quote

@Tim

I had three Kramas, now I don’t. Did I blame you? No. Show me the same respect please.
No offense, I didn’t read your retort. So I have nothing to say about it, though I’ll assume that its what you have been saying, in which case, BSOD already answered back.

@BSOD

Couldn’t agree more.

Last edited Nov 23, 2012 at 12:36AM EST
Nov 23, 2012 at 12:31AM EST
Quote

Dac, I just find it a bit too convenient that my posts had at least one karma and when I checked back they went down to zero when you posted or around the same time you arrived. Maybe I did jump the gun on the conclusion and for that I am sorry. Do you accept my apology?

@BSoD
Check your inbox because I am not continuing this conversation on this thread. All I wanted to do was add a different perspective or the situation, one which was not my own but was a good exercise to play devil’s advocate, offering at least how a business would see this incident, with the chance of probability, most of my statements were not meant to be set in stone, and that one phrase was bad wording on my part.

Last edited Nov 23, 2012 at 12:58AM EST
Nov 23, 2012 at 12:52AM EST
Quote

Holy balls, its been a while since I’ve posted here, and longer still since I’ve posted anything constructive ay-tall.

The “Day of Constructive Posting,” as I like to call it, will not be this day.

Rather, this day is the day I let those who even still remember me know that I’m still alive.

BOLD IS FUN.

I’ll be watching.

Last edited Nov 23, 2012 at 01:55AM EST
Nov 23, 2012 at 01:47AM EST

Related: It’s Owens right now.

Last edited Nov 23, 2012 at 02:16AM EST
Nov 23, 2012 at 02:14AM EST

Millennial Dan wrote

On second thought, there is one thing I’ll add to this. Just because someone makes fun of literally everyone (like South Park does), that does not necessarily make it okay.

This is very true. A Jerk-ass that picks on everyone is still a jerk-ass. I think the fine line between “Ok” and “Not ok” when it comes to making jokes at other people’s expense is whether or not the joke is actually funny and can be found funny by the person being made fun of. This is why South Park is popular and most people find it funny, while a lot of people think Tosh is just a douche with an overly large ego. It’s all about presentation.

On a side note: It is really hard to not be tempted by any spoilers about the next MLP episode D: I don’t wanna wait another 2 days!

Last edited Nov 23, 2012 at 02:21AM EST
Nov 23, 2012 at 02:20AM EST
Quote

Dac wrote:

@tim
scooby doo, looney tunes, My little pony, pokemon, DC and marvel characters are still on the air. Anyways, I brought up one single show as an example. Even If robot chicken only made fun of older shows, what about south park?
Also, I find it much more likely that a parent will run into a naughty MLP picture on the internet, than a pic that was shown for a little bit on a comedy central show.

“most of their original intended audience does not use the internet, well I hope not”

Ok, and what percentage of the intended audience watch comedy central?

I hope Im not being too argumentative, I just really disagree with the idea of him needing to get in trouble for this. He did nothing that hasn’t been done before.

I don’t think a parent would actually turn off Safety Search and search it.

Anyways, I just don’t like the fact that the show (including Tosh) aired explicit content on national television. It was their responsibility, though, and they chose to not censor anything out.

Nov 23, 2012 at 03:39AM EST
Quote

I don’t think a parent would actually turn off Safety Search and search it.

Just an interesting side note; I curiously searched for ‘My little pony’ on google with safesearch off just to see what happens.

Couldn’t find any porn

Nov 23, 2012 at 04:36AM EST
Quote

Millennial Dan wrote:

Now, for the real reason of my post. Muumi! I know you’re out there! I was just curious, did you happen to see today’s Drawfriend? Cuz this was in it.


Nah, I didn’t see that one just yet. Mostly because your “Today’s Drawfriend”, is “Tonight’s Drawfriend” for me. I quickly browse through KYM before I browse EqD, so naturally you got to show it to me first.

I haven’t been visiting dA too frequently either due to my hiatus, so I couldn’t catch it there either.


And while you guys are talking about IRL bronies, I’ve gotta admit that I’ve never met one myself (at least knowingly). Maybe it’s because I live here in the middle of nowhere, and finns are typically the silent type.

But then on the other hand, I’m not exactly sure I’d even want to meet one. The type of drawings and people that come through the “Finn Bronies Official” group at dA, are kinda disturbing at times. You know, furries and OC’s…

Of course there are people like Huussii, and Rautakoura, who I’d like to meet IRL, but probably never will.

And of course there’s also my girlfriend, who has watched the show too, but she doesn’t really follow the fandom or anything. She just watches the show at times, and has read through Moonstuck, but that’s pretty much it.

It also doesn’t help that the finnish dub ruined it over here (like they always do). I just don’t want to watch it in finnish, since I’d only end up hurting myself.

You want an example? HERE’S AN EXAMPLE!

Just skip to 1:10, and you’ll know what I mean…

Last edited Nov 23, 2012 at 05:25AM EST
Nov 23, 2012 at 05:19AM EST
Quote

Millennial Dan wrote:

Update.

In other news, Pony General is now a celebrity gossip magazine.

I thaught this proposal over a comic was a cute idea. I have never seen that before, it’s a really unique way and oh well I had to smile. (Oh no what’s happening to me?)

And it worked! So congratulations

Last edited Nov 23, 2012 at 05:55AM EST
Nov 23, 2012 at 05:52AM EST
Quote

Fucking finally! I’m back and my internet is reconnected!

BUT ONLY JACKAL LANTERN SEEMED TO NOTICE YOU INSENSITIVE FUCKS! >:[

Anyway, lez do dis:

Verbose wrote:

id…

…Did aphex propose through a comic?


If so, then to each his own. And I’d think he knows his potential fianceé better than most, so he wouldn’t do it if he didn’t think she’d like it.

But also if so:



…That’s a little more than cringe worthy. Not gonna lie.

But congrats to him (even if it’s actually just an OC representation of what actually happened. Again, he seems like a really cool guy.

This isn’t new or unique. Penny Arcade’s Mike Krahulik did it WAY Back in 1999


Blue Screen of Death posted:

@Meeting Bronies IRL

There are only two, exactly 2 Bronies in this entire country: Me and Phoneix.*

So my only hope is finding Pheonix when I eventually move to Auckland. The rest of you guys are lucky in my opinion

*We have many alt-accounts on every forum

You know I’ve missed armageddon expo three years in a row simply due to forgetfulness? They have brony meet-ups there. :/

Anyway, you know I’m leaving New Zealand in about 6 months so the window for a meet-up is shrinking :(

Verbose wrote:

It’s unfortunate how people are still underestimating this.

This may not be the end of the world, but it’s not “nothing.”

It’s not nothing indeed. But I still maintain that it leans more toward nothing than end of the world on the FANDOOM SCALE!


Can anyone fill me in on any important news that’s happened in the past 3 weeks while I was in an internet blackout? (Aside from season 3 and Tosh of course).

As an offering of my great return, have something funny from /co/ back when it was ponu central:

Nov 23, 2012 at 06:32AM EST
Quote

@Millennial Dan:

On second thought, there is one thing I’ll add to this. Just because someone makes fun of literally everyone (like South Park does), that does not necessarily make it okay.

I know I said I wouldn’t comment on this “Tosh” matter any further, but I would like to say that I totally agree with this statement. Just because you make fun of everyone does not mean that it is impossible for you to go too far. Even with South Park, there are some times when I just have to look away from the screen for a while… Making fun of bronies is one thing, but doing what he did is probably stepping over the line a little. But hey, it’s all in the past now.

@burning_phoneix:

Welcome back!

To tell the truth, I don’t think anything else earth-shattering has happened in the past 3 weeks. Although, we did have a nice little debate over the Pinkie Pie clones in episode 3 and what ultimately happened to them. Okay, I guess it was actually a rather long debate.

Nov 23, 2012 at 09:47AM EST
Quote

@proposal thingy

Utter congrats and well wishes to them. May many happy and love filled years ensue.


On my part…I am just so confused. I remember my quip about my mental state, That wasn’t a joke. I am so unsure right now.
I found myself the last few months growing deeper and deeper into inner confusion, questioning evrything about myself. I mean, I have been called one of the most inteligent minds to grace the halls of my school…but am I? I maoe veryhigh grades, but am I actually doing anything useful? Do people really care if I’m successful or not? Who is really there for me? My fanily cautions me against taking advice from others, but then they do something that makes me question if I can trust them.
Sometimes I ask, what is colder? Sleeping without a blanket, standing outside in the fall weather, or a pistol barrel at my temple? I’ve done all three, and yet I can’t discern.
What do I do? Sometimes I fantasize of joining the Navy and serving my country at sea…other times I fantasize of running away and restarting my life at some distant corner of the world, or simply running away to live my life somehere isolated, nature determining my life span.

Does the world really care if I’m alive or not? Does anyone? Do even I care?
What do I do? I am so very unsure of everything…

Nov 23, 2012 at 01:19PM EST
Quote

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

@proposal thingy

Utter congrats and well wishes to them. May many happy and love filled years ensue.


On my part…I am just so confused. I remember my quip about my mental state, That wasn’t a joke. I am so unsure right now.
I found myself the last few months growing deeper and deeper into inner confusion, questioning evrything about myself. I mean, I have been called one of the most inteligent minds to grace the halls of my school…but am I? I maoe veryhigh grades, but am I actually doing anything useful? Do people really care if I’m successful or not? Who is really there for me? My fanily cautions me against taking advice from others, but then they do something that makes me question if I can trust them.
Sometimes I ask, what is colder? Sleeping without a blanket, standing outside in the fall weather, or a pistol barrel at my temple? I’ve done all three, and yet I can’t discern.
What do I do? Sometimes I fantasize of joining the Navy and serving my country at sea…other times I fantasize of running away and restarting my life at some distant corner of the world, or simply running away to live my life somehere isolated, nature determining my life span.

Does the world really care if I’m alive or not? Does anyone? Do even I care?
What do I do? I am so very unsure of everything…

I’m quite sure everyone asks those questions and more. And we all have to find our own answers it seems. And sometimes, those answers don’t so much answer the question, but rather… something deeper.

Whenever I end up asking similar questions; I look beneath it all. And I start from square one… Asking the most basic questions first… Things like…

What am I so afraid of?
What is the one thing I care about more than anything else?
What do I wish?

These questions make my heart pump with uncertainty every time. And sometimes I have a different answer. But every time, I end up slightly more focused. And from there I can figure the rest out.

I’m not sure that will work for you. But its worth a try.

Also, don’t worry about trying to answer all the questions. We can never have all the answers. But that isn’t something to be scared of.

(Oh great… Now I’m getting Introspective. This calls for Sweetie bot.)

Last edited Nov 23, 2012 at 01:48PM EST
Nov 23, 2012 at 01:40PM EST
Quote

Verbose wrote:

Related: It’s Owens right now.

That couldn’t possibly be me.

I’m not musically talented.

Nov 23, 2012 at 02:13PM EST

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

@proposal thingy

Utter congrats and well wishes to them. May many happy and love filled years ensue.


On my part…I am just so confused. I remember my quip about my mental state, That wasn’t a joke. I am so unsure right now.
I found myself the last few months growing deeper and deeper into inner confusion, questioning evrything about myself. I mean, I have been called one of the most inteligent minds to grace the halls of my school…but am I? I maoe veryhigh grades, but am I actually doing anything useful? Do people really care if I’m successful or not? Who is really there for me? My fanily cautions me against taking advice from others, but then they do something that makes me question if I can trust them.
Sometimes I ask, what is colder? Sleeping without a blanket, standing outside in the fall weather, or a pistol barrel at my temple? I’ve done all three, and yet I can’t discern.
What do I do? Sometimes I fantasize of joining the Navy and serving my country at sea…other times I fantasize of running away and restarting my life at some distant corner of the world, or simply running away to live my life somehere isolated, nature determining my life span.

Does the world really care if I’m alive or not? Does anyone? Do even I care?
What do I do? I am so very unsure of everything…

I’m not trying to be insulting in saying this, but I think getting therapy will help you sort yourself out. Right now you seem to be very confused about everything, and seeing a therapist can really help you focus your thoughts and feelings.

Nuuuuuuuh, must stay on topic! Look! A pony!

Last edited Nov 23, 2012 at 03:00PM EST
Nov 23, 2012 at 02:55PM EST
Quote

Crimson Locks:

Nuuuuuuuh, must stay on topic! Look! A pony!

What? A pony? On the internet??? Nonsense. Unheard of.

But, on a side note…

New episode tomorrow!

Nov 23, 2012 at 03:10PM EST
Quote

@Phoenix: I’d love to read that /co/ thread, especially since I know it’s poni and the first post is the oblivion guard, but my screen res is too high to read it. You got a larger version?


Popper, there are people who care. I know a lot of us would notice, and you obviously trust us if you’re telling us. Your family may have its problems and seem untrustworthy, but if anything, they probably give you that advice because they don’t want anything to happen to you. And you need to trust them and tell them about how you feel, because this isn’t a problem you can solve alone. I’m not going to pretend like I know your mind, and I’m not going to think you will listen to my advice, but I hope you don’t try to go it alone.


On a side note of Commodore’s side note, I’m noticing how discussion topics tend to die about 24 hours before a new episode…

Last edited Nov 23, 2012 at 03:18PM EST
Nov 23, 2012 at 03:17PM EST
Quote

@Twilitlord

Everything stops for pony. Even discussions about other pony.

Ooh, that grammar… it hurts… Yet oddly enough, it makes sense.

Nov 23, 2012 at 04:02PM EST
Quote

Commodore 64 wrote:

@Twilitlord

Everything stops for pony. Even discussions about other pony.

Ooh, that grammar… it hurts… Yet oddly enough, it makes sense.

That’s because “Pony” is a proper noun, or at least it’s used as a proper noun. It’s sort of an abbreviation for MLP:FiM.

“Pony” is just a way to refer to the show and it’s related content.
 
Everything stops for “pony.” Even discussions about other “pony.”

Everything stop for “My Little Pony.” Even (other) discussions about “My Little Pony./Even discussions about (other aspects of) My Little Pony.”

So it makes linguistic sense as long as you have those shared understandings.

Nov 23, 2012 at 05:27PM EST


I didn’t like Trixie, even after I read all of those fanfics thating that she’s just misunderstood. I think that Babs Seed will just be the whole Trixie thing all over again.

Nov 23, 2012 at 07:20PM EST

I’m still not used to new episodes on the weekends. I think the drought damaged the anticipation part of my brain.

Nov 23, 2012 at 07:26PM EST
Quote

Sorry about that Twilitlord, Photobucket fucked up the resolution. Here’s a bigger one, right click to embiggen:

Nov 23, 2012 at 09:47PM EST
Quote

@Crimson Locks

What? Ponies smell good.

Last edited Nov 23, 2012 at 10:00PM EST
Nov 23, 2012 at 09:59PM EST

Okay, I seem to have an odd question… Not entirely continuous with previous recent topics.

If one is pretty much required to for the purpose of a story, how does one go about writing an Alicorn OC?

…Should one need one anyways.

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:50PM EST
Quote

Lunar Protege wrote:

Okay, I seem to have an odd question… Not entirely continuous with previous recent topics.

If one is pretty much required to for the purpose of a story, how does one go about writing an Alicorn OC?

…Should one need one anyways.

You don’t
Next question….

The only way I can see it working out depends on your world view of Alicorns. If you believe they were once common, but something happened that caused most to disappear (and this OC was among those), it might work better (if needed in present day, use time travel). Otherwise, adding new Alicorns generally frowned upon regardless of how well it is done, so there would not be a objectivity “good” way of doing it.

Last edited Nov 23, 2012 at 10:57PM EST
Nov 23, 2012 at 10:55PM EST
Quote

Can we get to the next page already please?

Nov 23, 2012 at 11:05PM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!