Forums / Discussion / General

170,278 total conversations in 5,455 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10167 posts from 235 users

It would be awesome if the CMCs kinda became a sort of anti-bullying movement to support any filly without a cutie mark

Nov 27, 2012 at 08:01PM EST

Crimson Locks wrote:

The idea that the CMCs will disband after one or more of them gets their cutie mark is rather silly to me. Who’s to say they won’t become a group of friends like the mane 6, who all have different and unique talents but still stay strong together? The real question to me is how are the writers going to handle the episode (or episodes) of the CMCs getting their cutie marks? My theory is that the episode will start with one of them discovering their cutie mark. Most of the episode will be about the other two freaking out about their still blank flank, but the episode will end with all three of them realizing their true talents. The audience will go “D’aaaaaaw!” and the CMCs will start their own adventures together. Yeah I know, I’m a master writer.

Bonus points if it ends up that the other two discover their talents because they fear they will drift apart and attempt to give a show to each other in case they do. They discover their talents when they give a show to the others, and afterwards end up saying that they still wanted to hang out no-matter what.

…or is that too cliche?

X2 Combo if the one already with a cutie mark fears the same thing, and has much the same idea.

Last edited Nov 27, 2012 at 08:05PM EST
Nov 27, 2012 at 08:02PM EST

Crimson Locks wrote:

It would be awesome if the CMCs kinda became a sort of anti-bullying movement to support any filly without a cutie mark

WeLoveFine should totally make “Anti-Bullying” CMC shirts and donate a chunk of their profits to “Act Against Bullying.”

Completely fits in with the light-heartedness of the CMC and it would be an excuse for me to stop hiding in the stable buy some MLP junk merchandise.

Nov 27, 2012 at 09:09PM EST

badsitrep wrote:

WeLoveFine should totally make “Anti-Bullying” CMC shirts and donate a chunk of their profits to “Act Against Bullying.”

Completely fits in with the light-heartedness of the CMC and it would be an excuse for me to stop hiding in the stable buy some MLP junk merchandise.

I’m not interested in buying MLP merchandise, but I would pay money for a shirt like that

Nov 27, 2012 at 09:30PM EST

Crimson Locks wrote:

I’m not interested in buying MLP merchandise, but I would pay money for a shirt like that

WHat da-

How can you have two different avatars on the same page?

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?!

Nov 27, 2012 at 09:42PM EST

badsitrep wrote:

WHat da-

How can you have two different avatars on the same page?

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?!

What I really want to know is how I keep getting the images torn from my posts whenever I attempt to use Vinyl Scratch as a metaphor for my brain!

I mean, It’s all Pony Right?

Nothing makes sense anymore.

Nov 27, 2012 at 09:57PM EST

@Badsitrep

It’s obvious. Crimson used…

The magic of friendship…it really works

(Boring answer: She changed avatars in between those posts. Some old posts don’t get updated right away with the new av as the website doesn’t actually remove the old avatar)

Last edited Nov 27, 2012 at 10:20PM EST
Nov 27, 2012 at 10:19PM EST

All this talk of CMC marks reminded me of this theory:

It might be an interesting angle to take when the first one gets their mark.
Obviously, their friendship is much too strong for them to ever possibly break up over getting their marks, so the lesson would revolve around trusting your friends and the resilience of those bonds.

And just in case anyone misconstrued my earlier point, I don’t believe that the CMCs should never get their marks, just that they should wait a while.
From a writing perspective, giving them their marks will certainly open up a number of new possibilities, but it will also shut out a lot of as-of-yet unused concepts, too.
I’d hate to lose good potential ideas that involve blank flanks just to get to the episodes about getting their marks.
When the first well is dry, then move on.

@Zero
Your pictures aren’t showing up?
Watch out for certain sites when you post.
A couple of them (funnyjunk.com is the most notorious) don’t allow hotlinking like this, so the pictures will never come through.
Try to stick to more accessible sites, like Derpibooru, when you want to post pictures.

This is a cool concept and I’m eager to see which way they tackle this subject.
Dash is certainly talented, but she does lack things like teamwork, humility, and accuracy that would be important for team stunts.
There’s a great potential for character development in there.

Lookie, AJ gets an episode!
Yay!
Sounds like a good old-fashioned ‘appreciate you family’ kind of script which is perfect for AJ.
Hopefully, nopony will try to steal the spotlight from her this time…

(No, I have no idea where episode 8 is.)

REMINDER: IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS ANY OF THESE, USE SPOILER TAGS!

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:02AM EST

My money’s on them getting cutie marks in the order they got episodes: Applebloom gets hers first, in carpentry or fabric stuff or apples or whatever, Sweetie Belle gets hers second, in singing or singing or singing, and Scootaloo gets hers third, emblazoned upon her flank a 150 × 150 .jpg image of Gabe Newell, complete with white background and significant compression. Or, as much compression as you can give to Gabe Newell. But were she to get a serious cutie mark, I’d say it won’t be scootering. Actually, fuck it. Her name is Scootaloo, for God’s sake.

That being said, from a marketing and business standpoint, we’ll probably see them all get them in the same episode. One will be first, and there will be the unavoidable conflict with that, but if Hasbro has much to say it won’t be too long before we’d see the other two. Personally, I’d like to see them drag it out a bit – give Applebloom hers, and do a few more episodes before giving Sweetie Belle hers, and then Scootaloo gets a sad, sad, sad episode in which she gets hers in the end. And Rainbow Dash is there, which is awesome. And the Wonderbolts! Oh man, the Wonderbolts would be there! And then, and then, and then! Oh man, Rainbow Dash! And the Wonderbolts! And then Mom and Dad would come home, and we could be a family again!

Oh, and hey Zero! If you find a really cool picture of somepony like Rainbow Dash, but it’s on this really lame website, you could always upload it to Imgur! Miss Cheerilee taught us the other day that it’s pronounced “im-uh-jer!” I’d been saying “im-ger” this whole time!

Last edited Nov 28, 2012 at 12:29AM EST
Nov 28, 2012 at 12:16AM EST

ExudesAffluence wrote:

and then Scootaloo gets a sad, sad, sad episode in which she gets hers in the end. And Rainbow Dash is there, which is awesome. And the Wonderbolts! Oh man, the Wonderbolts would be there! And then, and then, and then! Oh man, Rainbow Dash! And the Wonderbolts!

Gee, I feel like I’ve read that fanfic before…

But seriously, I feel like when the CMC finally get their cutie marks (not if, mind you), it’ll be either a single episode, or a two-parter at most where one of them gets their cutie mark right at the start (probaby either Applebloom, since she seems closest to figuring it out, or Sweetie Belle, who’s the most level-headed IMO, but wait a bit on that, read on). The other two, which will definitely include Scootaloo, as she seems the most clueless about her special talents, no offense, Deadparrot. The rest of the story would be the other two feeling down and thinking along the line of “is this the end of the CMC?” The climax would involve them reconciling with the cutie-marked filly and finding their true talents, which is why I think Sweetie Belle is less likely to get hers first, since she would be best to figure out what to do at the end.

They could still have episodes afterwards, anyways. The trick’s going to have to be to give all of them their special talents within a couple of episodes of each other, or their already shaky overall group dynamic would go off of the deep end. After their cutie marks, they can certainly still get in younger-type shenanigans, they’ll just be able to use their talents.

Last edited Nov 28, 2012 at 01:02AM EST
Nov 28, 2012 at 01:02AM EST

@ Episode 7+9 Spoilers
GAH! EVERYTIME SPOILERS COME UP, I FORGET TO KEEP A COPY OF THE TAGS FOR SPOILERS HANDY!

I’m just gonna copy it to a note on my desktop from now on.

That wonder bolt’s one is actually a synopsis that would save my hide with my Fan comic. (Just three more days and I can work on it again) As my comic kinda depends on that “doubt I’m Wonderbolts material” part having come up at one point… And Rainbow Dash still not having joined them after 20 years due to that.

…Well… maybe not for the reason they’ll be thinking. But, all things considered, it’s close enough.

And thankfully, even if they do end up with RD being ready to be a wonderbolt, I’ve already set up enough planned material that I can simply define the difference by the fact there is four timelines… Well… Eight if you count distant futures.

You have…No idea how much less convoluted the events are now thanks to those few words.

I mean it. This 3 month old piece of horse-apples I drew shows how freaking important RD not being in the wonderbolts yet is to that timeline.

But enough about me, RD gets to have her freaking dream fulfilled. Or possibly fulfilled. Its a bit heart-racing don’t you think?

On one hand, she joins, and the show is changed forever; and things hurtle towards the inevitable question of “what next”? And we begin the next phase in Equestria’s History… Where the short lived “Heroes as ordinary citizens” phase has ended. And the “Heroes as Legends” phase begins.

On the other hand… Dash falls into obscurity, and we all begin to wonder just how little can change… that everything they work towards will fail… And that the world will forever be without consequence…At least… from what we’ll read into it.

And somewhere in between, Dash succeeds, but it turns out there is still a long road ahead. And her training begins… now…

I for one hope that this turns out to be a step towards the next stage I keep mentioning. Where Dash and Twilight, and probably the others, are well on their way to fulfilling their destinies, and from there… Well…

We don’t know. but I keep imagining that it will mean the Mane 6 will spend most of their time traveling around. Becoming true adventurers; traveling towns, solving problems, occasionally defeating the local tyrant.

Wishful thinking, again, but yeah.

And… I’m really hoping the Spoiler tag doesn’t glitch out from this long Poetics I’m swooning with.

Last edited Nov 28, 2012 at 01:13AM EST
Nov 28, 2012 at 01:11AM EST

@cutie marks

Also yeah, I kinda like the idea of one of them having theirs already but they’re keeping it a secret. As we’ve seen in hearts and hooves and the latest episode they seem to be pretty into evil plans already. But what would the cutie mark of somepony who’s talent is evil plans even look like?

Nov 28, 2012 at 02:09AM EST

(that actually took a tediously long amount of time to do because I had to figure out how to use the software on my phone and fix all the little details and manipulate all the layers and I didn’t even know what colours I was going to make the eyes and I had to set opacity and stuff and blah but in the end it was worth it)

EDIT: FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU THE CUTIE MARKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Last edited Nov 28, 2012 at 03:12AM EST
Nov 28, 2012 at 02:58AM EST

Hmm…
Are we trying to determine the CMC’s… pecking order ?

~Hiii

So anyway, I’m not so sure about the idea of Scoots being last to figure it out, and not because she happens to be my favorite.
If you think about it, considering what their likely talents are, Scootaloo is the one who uses hers most.
She is always rocketing around on her scooter.
Sweetie only sings on occasion and Apple Bloom’s fixed what? Two things so far?
Scoots is one epiphany away from a cutie mark as I see it.
Now, the fact that she hasn’t gotten it yet could imply that she’s more oblivious, but she also has the most opportunities.
Honestly, I would likely put Apple Bloom as the last to get hers, if only because she seems to be the most desperate (Cutie Pox).
I could see Sweetie and Scoots earning theirs simultaneously as they were introduced simultaneously and because, as the ‘main’ CMC (as far as the writing goes), it would probably be more interesting to have AB trail behind the two friends that she made during her pursuit.
Maybe mirror Call of the Cutie with AB again being the only blankflank, but this time having her two friends stick by her anyway.

Really, I could see any ordering working just fine, but that’s how I would do it personally.
I am curious to see how they choose to work with it in canon, assuming they ever do.

@Comic Book
Looks like anyone who can’t find a physical copy can download one from iTunes for $4.
Pony Comic on iTunes
I much prefer the paper but this is a nice option to have available.

Oh, yes, and can someone find Tim and ask how he infiltrated Egophiliac’s mind?

Very suspicious if you ask me…

Last edited Nov 28, 2012 at 03:27AM EST
Nov 28, 2012 at 03:23AM EST

Why are there new spoilers popping up every single day? Episode synopsis, images and other snippets. It’s really starting to get on my nerves, so I had to create my very first gif:

Well okay all I did was overlaying some text, but this scene was just so damn fitting.
I really try to avoid spoilers like the plague and can smell them from afar, but there are always some that break the barrier. You just can’t avoid them all, except you want to pass on ponu news.

Nov 28, 2012 at 08:54AM EST

I have to suspect Hasbro’s marketing is just going crazy.

“WE MISSED THIS SHIT IN THE FIRST TWO SEASONS! WE GOTTA CAPITLIZE NOOOW! GET THE PLUSHIES OUT! GET THE IPHONE GAME OUT! GET THE COMICS OUT! HIT THESE MOTHERFUCKING BRONIES WITH EVERY SPOILER! WE NEED THEIR MONEY!”
FIST OF THE NORTH STAR! HUNDRED MERCHANDISING TECHNIQUE!

… You are already broke…

Nov 28, 2012 at 09:52AM EST

ZeroBlue:

@Comodore64

Okay, The CMC may not get to go Crusading at some point, but that doesn’t mean they disappear.

I can Imagine that the three would probably spend time working together with their specific talents. Towards some other lofty goals they may end up with. Their skills do happen to be things that can do shows like what they first tried right?

So they may become a group of traveling performers, which would occasionally show up in places like Manehatten trying to get notoriety for a big event like “Battle of the Bands”.

…And possibly, they may end up getting in a few bits of trouble. Whether it be some hair-brained scheme to get attention go wrong, or they get mixed up in something they don’t belong in.

And hey, if my “Pony Adventure” wish gets granted, they may become adventures themselves; going around solving problems… in a manner that would befit Scooby Doo’s Gang.

…Also, if one of them get a cutie mark, and the others don’t, it will probably lead to simply more episodes as they become desperate to find the other two. The one that gets the mark first is going to simply be the one that becomes “De-facto leader” being “Thou wise one who hast come before”, and will probably end up coming up with most of the plans from then on… only for most of those plans to still wind up ending horribly.

True, I’m sure they wouldn’t disappear for good, I’m just saying that we would probably see much less of them. If they all had their cutie marks, then that means they have found their talents and that’s what they will stick to. A group of ponies who know their talents and go on adventures in which they utilize them would pretty much just be another “Mane 6” (Mane 3?). The show already has a Mane 6, so it does not need another group that would perform a similar function, and I’m sure that the CMC would not join the Mane six to create a “Mane 9.”

All I’m saying is that, as characters, they fill a role of their own now and are good at what they do. They are sort of an alternative to Twilight Sparkle and co, yet they work very differently. That’s what makes them fun and interesting!

@Plush BSoD:

That’s possibly the greatest thing I will see all day!

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:02AM EST

chowzburgerz wrote:

Hasbro, Y U No reveal name and information about episode 8?

I don’t know, Maybe because it’s so darn obvious what it’s about?

Here’s my theory:

Its a Xmas Special.

It’s three days before Xmas, so what did you expect?

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:06AM EST

@Parrot

I actually, first-hand, got to see the exact moment Tim came into being and became the mascot of Egophiliac’s works.

Tim started when Ego was trying to demonstrate how to draw a pony in one of her streams (of which I was watching) and accidentally’d it, thus creating some fucked up griffin thing.

The chat found it hilarious and then blew up in a festival of appraisal similar to the “3 wolf moon” shirt.

People asked what we should name it and, I shit you not, I was the guy that came up with Tim’s name and typed this in proposal:

“And we shall call it: Tim.”

Then the chat loved fucking came like a fire hose liked this name and subsequently exploded for the second time (thus making it possible to explode twice). The stream got epically derailed, going from Woona to the Griffin-thingy known as “Tim.”

Since then, Tim has become an inside joke among the more dedicated fans Egophiliac (in vein with the inside joke of Trixie eating pine cones).

tl;dr Ego dun goof’d. Her derp became lulzy. I threw some random name out. Chat went bananas. Tim was born and became a god.

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:48AM EST

About spoilers.

Episode synopsis ahead of time is pretty standard, TV guides have published that kind of thing since the beginning of television. However, leaking three minutes (15%) of EVERY episode ahead of time is getting on my nerves. Some of us just want to wait until 10am on Saturday.

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:55AM EST

@the episode previews

I watch them as soon as I see they’ve popped up. I have to say I think this fandom often forgets that a spoiler is generally thought of as something that divulges a huge plot twist, not something that reveals the main idea or theme of an episode. so if anything they probably think most people will be happy to see them. The plot twist ones are the only kind of spoilers that bug me personally but I understand the line can blurr and why people don’t like any at all.

I’m tellin’ you, guise. They’re up to something. Sure they’re little secret society is cute now but just wait till the archduke of the gryphons comes to town and they decide it would be a great idea that totally won’t start a huge war or anything to throw one of their faulty explosives at him!

@twins

lol that’s great.

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:58AM EST

@Spoilers
I was too slow so Serious Business stole most of my thunder, but yes, the synopses at least are to be expected.
The Hub has to send those out for TV Guide and cable provider listings so we will always see those at least a week or two in advance.
No getting around that.
Luckily, the synopses also tend to be relatively vague so they really don’t give anything more than a general concept for the episode (Setting, Primary character(s), Usually the primary conflict).
I still understand wanting to avoid them, but they aren’t usually too earth-shattering.

As for the full previews, that’s really up to Hasbro.
Maybe, knowing that they have thousands of eager watcher, they simply want to get the hype train rolling early on each new episode.
Maybe they are trying to make up for the long drought by drowning us in pony now.
Maybe they are so unfamiliar with having such popularity that they don’t really know how to handle it and are going a little crazy (not too likely, but who knows?).

In keeping with tradition, though:

(Apparently, there was a camping playset released a while back that included Dash. Foreshadowing!)
So yeah, I was already excited for this episode as it was known to be Scoot’s first, but now that it has been confirmed to involve Dash in a significant role?

Can’t wait!
Are we going to see some comforting Scootalove, some playful ribbing, supportive mentoring, shipping?!
All the possibilities!
It’s just so…!
So…!

Okay, I’m good now.
(Still can’t wait!)

@Iamslow

And as for the bombs, who says that they’re faulty?

Last edited Nov 28, 2012 at 12:56PM EST
Nov 28, 2012 at 12:53PM EST

On the topic of spoilers, some of you may have heard about how USA Today’s article that was online is now in physical print. Since my university provides a selection of newspapers, including Today, I went ahead and picked it up last night to read it. I would have liked to know that right up at the top, there was a huge picture spoiling the appearance, or perhaps importance, of another minor character in Saturday’s show, along with at least one other thing I didn’t know. I avoided the online article for the video. I would have liked to know that this article would be as spoilery as it was – and yes, I’m pretty sure I just found out some major plot stuff I didn’t want to know.

Nov 28, 2012 at 01:14PM EST

Twilitlord wrote:

On the topic of spoilers, some of you may have heard about how USA Today’s article that was online is now in physical print. Since my university provides a selection of newspapers, including Today, I went ahead and picked it up last night to read it. I would have liked to know that right up at the top, there was a huge picture spoiling the appearance, or perhaps importance, of another minor character in Saturday’s show, along with at least one other thing I didn’t know. I avoided the online article for the video. I would have liked to know that this article would be as spoilery as it was – and yes, I’m pretty sure I just found out some major plot stuff I didn’t want to know.

Really? Oh wow, glad I haven’t read it yet! Guess I’ll wait until next week…

I’ve never heard of one of these “Brony Articles” in newspapers actually writing spoilers though. I mean, usually it’s all the same stuff (a couple interviews, a paragraph on the show’s history, etc.), but actual spoilers??? Hm, interesting.

Nov 28, 2012 at 01:47PM EST

There weren’t any actual text spoilers; in fact, they didn’t even give away the antagonist in Saturday’s show – considering I think we all know, is that even spoiler-worthy? I’m still not gonna say it – but the picture was from the next episode, based on context I already knew from that concept art a few weeks back and the fact that the three characters in the pic have never been together. Still, I am disappoint, USA Today.

@Commodore, if you want, I can copy the text and send it to you, since there are no spoilers in the actual article.

Nov 28, 2012 at 02:29PM EST

@Twilitlord
Hah, yeah, it’s hard not to know who the antagonist is! Thanks for the offer, but I think I’ll just wait. I don’t think the article will be too hard to find!

Speaking of which, looks like there’s another clip up on Equestria Daily from the next episode. I dare not click on it though…

Last edited Nov 28, 2012 at 02:48PM EST
Nov 28, 2012 at 02:47PM EST

Speaking of spoilers, I’m gonna have to hide from derpibooru until I my own physical copy of the comic shows up. Why all that stuff isn’t spoilered by default I don’t know, and of course people are failing to tag them right anyway.

Nov 28, 2012 at 02:48PM EST

DeadParrot222 Said:
Oh, yes, and can someone find Tim and ask how he infiltrated Egophiliac’s mind?

Very suspicious if you ask me…

You will never know how I got into his mind….

Last edited Nov 28, 2012 at 04:15PM EST
Nov 28, 2012 at 04:04PM EST

@Tim

You must not have gotten very far in.
Egophiliac is female…
I think the real question now is how (or why) you got far enough into badsitrep’s head that he’s just throwing your name around.

@Dan
Yeah, I feel you on that one.
For some reason, I seem to be caring more about spoilers for the comic than the actual show.
Maybe I’m just so excited by the show that I can’t help but watch them and the comic is a more mild anticipation that doesn’t cross the threshold into urgent desire for content.
Either way, ‘official comic’ is now my only hidden tag on Derpibooru.
It feels so weird but… ACTIVATE IT!

And for your daily dose ’o pony:
Just when you thought it was safe to go back on the internet…

Last edited Nov 28, 2012 at 05:06PM EST
Nov 28, 2012 at 05:01PM EST

@DeadParrot222, speaking of Comic spoilers, as it is very different in nature than the Episodes, is there good waiting time until it can be discussed in detail without spoiler tags? Don’t know if I’ll talk much about it myself, but setting out specifics/ suggestions might be a good idea.

I will say, I did cheat and look on it online, but I do hope to pick up a copy or two. I really like the art and the story so far, and with a bunch of references, I will likely look at it more than a dozen times to see everything.

Nov 28, 2012 at 06:10PM EST

@Deadparrot
I already have seen a synopsis of episode 6.
I’m just glad they’re finally giving Scootaloo an episode, since Applebloom (I think she got one) and Sweetie Belle have already had their own episodes.
Yay (“yay” is not a word on Firefox), the CMC’s are nearly complete!

Nov 28, 2012 at 06:17PM EST

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

We all know how Season 3 will end.
(It’s just ART, no spoilers)

INB4 Random goes ethnic genocide on the thread.

Nov 28, 2012 at 08:17PM EST

@Jacob
Obviously, I’m not in a place to set any definitive rule or anything, but I’d say give it about a week or so before openly discussing comic spoilers.
I figure that should give most people enough time to get it if they want it.
Go right ahead and talk about it behind spoiler tags for now though.

@Bruno
“Bahahaha! Yeah, good luck with that, bunny-boy!”

Nov 28, 2012 at 08:32PM EST

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

We all know how Season 3 will end.
(It’s just ART, no spoilers)

Nov 28, 2012 at 09:21PM EST

I’m not getting how people ship Fluttershy and Big Mac together…am I missing something or are those people who ship those 2 drunk?

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:27PM EST

Windigo with salad wrote:

I don’t think her flank got bigger like people are implying, these shots are all just from different perspectives and angles.
PERSPECTIVES AND ANGLES, PEOPLE!

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:06AM EST

Crimson Locks wrote:

I don’t think her flank got bigger like people are implying, these shots are all just from different perspectives and angles.
PERSPECTIVES AND ANGLES, PEOPLE!

I do believe she is jelly of my newfound jelly

Last edited Nov 29, 2012 at 12:25AM EST
Nov 29, 2012 at 12:22AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!