Forums / Discussion / General

170,278 total conversations in 5,455 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10167 posts from 235 users

So when I went to California, I brought a little art project with me for Deadparrot to thank him for the two plushies he got me. I think my favorite of the things I made was this poster.

So ya, Deadparrot has a picture of Rainbow Dash with the word “hot” on it. Make fun of him.

Last edited Dec 02, 2012 at 11:37AM EST
Dec 02, 2012 at 11:33AM EST

OK this is a possible spoiler post, so you you want to avoid spoilers do not read this post.

I think it is safe to say (at least at the moment) Twilight will not become an Alicorn. But she will be advancing her magic skills, possibly with the great Star Swirl the Bearded or at least his book.

I just don’t know if they are going to bring him back or just do a flash back to him in the past. In addition, John De Lancie will be voicing Star Swirled.
This episode is related to Discord.
I cannot wait for this episode, to bad I don’t know which episode it is or when it will be aired. I cannot wait for the fandom to be spun on its head from this episode.

If you do not want to read the possible spoiler, then look at this picture which I edited.

Last edited Dec 02, 2012 at 01:28PM EST
Dec 02, 2012 at 01:01PM EST

“If you didn’t get a chance to see Episode 11, it’s because Allen was Episode 11 all along! And he was in your heart! Inside you! He and his mighty sideburns.”

Somehow forgot to mention this yesterday. The superior abridged series has returned!

@Fifths

This is the Internet, dude. You don’t need to tell us to make fun of anyone.

Last edited Dec 02, 2012 at 02:05PM EST
Dec 02, 2012 at 01:59PM EST

I enjoyed the new episode. More Zecora is always good, and it expanded upon magic a bit. I was glad it showed Trixie isn’t a total pansy-ass like fanon portrays her. I felt that her apology was insincere, though, given that I felt the amulet wasn’t at fault for everything. The faceplant was awesome, however, and it made me laugh pretty damn hard.

Also, I’m going to go ahead and say that Seth thinks Twilight is best pony, as far as I know, and the Trixie deal was a running joke that nobody managed to drop.

Personally, I was a bit skeptical about her return. Thought it would be fanservice, but it was handled fairly well. M.A. Larson is a pretty sharp writer, apparently. Though, I’m on the fence about Fluttershy’s portrayal. She did show some of her ferocity with the animals’ safety, but seemed a bit more skittish than usual, especially considering she’s been bolder of late.

On a final note, I’m mentioning how Trixie enslaved the town of Ponyville. On purpose. Because… that’s… pretty bad.

Dec 02, 2012 at 03:35PM EST

You know, I really don’t care that people make fun of cloppers. I don’t even care if they make fun of them and are malicious about it. I am irritated when someone makes a piece of ‘satire’ that just spews filth and has absolutely no wit about it whatsoever. This thing is disgusting, moronic, and just unpleasant.

Last edited Dec 02, 2012 at 04:56PM EST
Dec 02, 2012 at 04:55PM EST

Fifths wrote:

So when I went to California, I brought a little art project with me for Deadparrot to thank him for the two plushies he got me. I think my favorite of the things I made was this poster.

So ya, Deadparrot has a picture of Rainbow Dash with the word “hot” on it. Make fun of him.

WHAT?!

Make fun of me?!
ME?!
You’re the one who drew a picture of Rainbow Dash with the word ‘HOT’ written on it!
I see now that giving it to me was just a pathetic attempt to defer suspicion from thyself!
Do the depths of your treachery know no bounds, fiend?
(The picture is awesome, though. Thanks again!)

@Tim

While I am hoping to see Stardwirl in some form and we know for a fact that John de Lancie has done more voice work for MLP, can you provide a source on the idea of John being Starswirl?
So far, all I’ve seen to that end is wild speculation and a screencapture from /mlp/ claiming to have heard the audio files from an unfinished episode.
Certainly possible but not exactly conclusive.
Now it would be a pretty epic twist to learn that Starswirl and Discord are one and the same, but I’m not really expecting that to happen.

@Solaire
For you:

As for M.A. Larson, you bet he’s a sharp writer.
He’s responsible for Swarm of the Century, Sonic Rainboom, Cutie mark Chronicles, The Return of Harmony (Discord), Luna Eclipsed, It’s About Time, Ponyville Confidential, and now Magic Duel.
Basically, he has written a large portion of some of the most highly-regarded episodes in the series.
Not to mention that he’s just a really cool guy in person, too.
Fluttershy may have been a bit more skittish, but her place in the story was better served because of it.

Oh, and by the way, did anyone else really notice how good Andrea Libman (Fluttershy) was in this episode.
I mean, I usually like her work, but her emotiveness and energy were really on with Fluttershy this time.

That whole scene, especially her freakout lines at the end, are in perfect form!

Dec 02, 2012 at 04:59PM EST

Fifths wrote:

You know, I really don’t care that people make fun of cloppers. I don’t even care if they make fun of them and are malicious about it. I am irritated when someone makes a piece of ‘satire’ that just spews filth and has absolutely no wit about it whatsoever. This thing is disgusting, moronic, and just unpleasant.

I kinda like that movie. I guess I’m just sick like that.

I don’t know. It’s like the PONY.MOVs. I know they’re stupid, but that’s what I do. My friends and I watch stupid videos on youtube all the time and laugh at them like we’re still in elementary school. I don’t care what the video is making fun of, as long as it makes me laugh.

Last edited Dec 02, 2012 at 05:42PM EST
Dec 02, 2012 at 05:36PM EST

@DeadParrot222

I am skeptical of the forum post from 4chan myself but it seems that the person who released this was working with the Dick And Rogers Voice Studio, the main studio in charge of dialog recording, audio post production & mixing. Most of the lines which supposedly to have been leaked are related to Discord (at least from my analysis).

“For goodness sake, it’s OMNI-omorphic, not AMNI-omorphic! Forgive me if I expected somepony who lives in a library to know the difference between A and O.

“Is that frog… an… orange? OHH! HOHOHO! And here I was under the impression that you didn’t like a little creative chaos!”

“You’re thinking about this too logically. In order for a spell like this to work you need to bid farewell and adieu to all those pesky little voices in your head that are trying to make sense of everything. See? Pinkie’s got the right idea.”

I am speculative of this release but I can at least hope that it is true because I like Discord.

If this is not related to Discord I will make my own season of MLP, with blackjack, and hookers.

@Fifths

I will have to admit I did laugh a bit at the satirical manner in which he commences his search, but that is about it.

Edit: Who is hosting the stream today?

Last edited Dec 02, 2012 at 06:18PM EST
Dec 02, 2012 at 05:52PM EST

DeadParrot wrote:

Fluttershy may have been a bit more skittish, but her place in the story was better served because of it.

*Sigh

Is this what it’s come to? Do the writers no longer care about her original depth of character? I mean come on, she’s been in the Everfree Forest plenty of times. Her house is right next to it’s edge, for goodness’ sake. And this isn’t the first time she’s surrendered her animals to Twilight for a bit of magic. She’s always trusted Twilight in the past, so what’s the deal? Don’t get me wrong, she was certainly cute and I’m grateful for any screentime allotted to Best Pony, but still, it seems like they’re increasingly downplaying her maturity for the sake of a few laughs.

And don’t even get me started on the way everyone was flat-out ignoring her in the library. That joke’s been done, and it left me seriously wanting to kick Spike in the head.

Dec 02, 2012 at 06:13PM EST

I guess I’ll start the stream in about 10-15 minutes. I may have to step out soon after starting, though; I’m not sure if I’m eating dinner with friends or not.

Dec 02, 2012 at 06:36PM EST

@Dan
Alternative interpretation: Spike was the only one to notice Fluttershy, and tried to do the talking for her. So rather than being oblivious… Yeah… You get the picture.

In one sense, him taking the credit could be interpreted either as “I know Fluttershy doesn’t like being put on the spot, so I’ll take the focus of the others rather than point out that she found it”, or as simply a glory hogging move to get attention from rarity… Or both.

Dec 02, 2012 at 06:56PM EST

New Flash builds! It’s like Christmas came early, only I made all of my presents myself. Now able to be recolored in about half the time, as well. The head and neck aren’t finished, and the tail is obviously not Derpy’s, so don’t worry about any of that. A couple issues with the back legs I’ll fix, but, blah, I closed Flash and it takes forever to reopen.

Last edited Dec 02, 2012 at 08:48PM EST
Dec 02, 2012 at 08:47PM EST

Fifths wrote:

Dec 02, 2012 at 09:05PM EST

Spess wrote:

Sooner or later, someone’s gonna try to make an article out of these

And I can guarantee that it will get confirmed.

So you’re saying we won’t deadpool it?

Dec 02, 2012 at 09:42PM EST

Yeah, just because the bronies popularize it doesn’t make it a meme. More like an in-joke, or a meme within the specific fandom.

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:17PM EST

Twilitlord wrote:

So I thought we said no spoiler tags after an episode airs. Therefore, this shall not be spoilered.

>Saddle Arabia
>Saddle Arabia
>SADDLE ARABIA

Really? I paused my computer and yelled at it for awhile because of how stupid it was.

Nice to see Alicorn become a canon term.

Did anyone else notice this? Twilight’s magic has become significantly more powerful, but several levitation spells at once still tire her out.

While I still see Zecora relying mostly on illusions and potions, her refilling of the glass makes me wonder if Zebras specifically (not Earth Ponies and Pegasi in general, sorry Zero) have some mild form of magic.

The alicorn amulet (probably) has nothing to do with Sombra… so much headcanon, destroyed.

Arabian Horses are a canon race.

That comic totally nailed it though. Redeemed/Humble Trixie actually speaks in the first person. It was weird to hear.

Finally, it appears Twilight’s magic studies has given her awareness of the 4th wall…

>Complaining about Saddle Arabia
>Not complaining about every other stupid pun in the series
>Not complaining that Ponyville is stupidest name ever

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK FUCK YOU!

Oh btw, the name was floated ever since the end of season 2, where have you been Grandma? Saddle Arabia was one of the locations that was suggested on the facebook page for Shining Armor and Cadance’s Honey moon.

Also, before I forget: Fuck you.

@ Magic discussion regarding Hadoukens, sleight of hoof and the powers of lake Minitonka:

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:49PM EST

@Phoenix: First of all, I became a brony a few weeks after season 2 ended, so you can stop assuming I knew of its existence.

Second, this was the first pun that’s made me yell at my screen. It was so stupid. Ponyville I’m okay with. They didn’t even really do a pun there, mind you. It’s just a town that ponies live in. I’m okay with that. I even read a fanfic the other day that included the state of Marizona, which I thought would be the apex of bad horse-related place names, but it didn’t make me yell at the screen. But Saddle Arabia… It just sounds like they tried to make a good horse-themed pun and couldn’t come up with one. Like seriously, there’s an actual breed of horses called Arabian Horses and you can’t come up with a good pun.

Third:
>Greentext
>Not olivedrabtext
>ಠ__ಠ

Dec 02, 2012 at 11:03PM EST

@Twilit and burning

Also, I was right that the horses where from Equestria’s version of Arabia.

GOML

Dec 02, 2012 at 11:15PM EST

@asking for evidence and stuff.

I’m going to admit right now, most of what I say is based off of conjecture. Or “unproven statements that appear correct”

In other words, I say it cause it sounds right from what we already know.

…It’s great for fan-fiction, but unless the production team are thinking the same thing. Ultimately pointless.

With the Rainbow Douken, that was near pure conjecture until Zecora started doing stuff. And even now, all I want out of it is someone to make a fan fic or comic.

The Zecora thing though is important, they actually seem to have taken a stance on it, but we can’t decode this. So this may be worth asking the show creators directly on twitter… Or something.

I mean… If they aren’t busy.

Dec 02, 2012 at 11:18PM EST

I think my internet is trying to stage an intervention. Everything loads quickly expect KYM. Youtube is done in less than a second, but trying to load the MLP image gallery takes more than 20 seconds, and more than half of the images on the page refuse to load anyways.

I think that the “milkshake” thing should denote mention in the MLP art fads article, not being its own article. I would add some images myself there but I don’t have good internet, and I think I might be the only on who kinda finds the milkshake face a little creepy looking.

Dec 02, 2012 at 11:37PM EST

@Twilord

>using olive drab green for anything
>not using pink for everything

@badsiterep

lol I remember that

Last edited Dec 02, 2012 at 11:39PM EST
Dec 02, 2012 at 11:38PM EST

@Iamslow

>uses pink instead of blue

Last edited Dec 03, 2012 at 12:34AM EST
Dec 03, 2012 at 12:32AM EST

(That moment you just realized that you fucked up by forgetting the <> coding and assuming that the script was changed.)

Anyways, why are you people complaining about “Saddle Arabia” and stuff.
Seriously, I thought we were conversing about more important stuff, like Ponies with Milkshakes or the Pony MBTI’s.

Seriously.

Guys.

Cereal.

Disguise.

The new episode was great, why are you guy complaining. Just calm down and post more ponies with milkshakes.

Dec 03, 2012 at 12:43AM EST

What time is it? Buy a damn watch!

This is technically still a WIP for a crossover picture I’m putting together, I haven’t yet found a decent way to do Scroob’s swirly eyes in AT style.

Dec 03, 2012 at 02:28AM EST

Twilitlord wrote:

@Phoenix: First of all, I became a brony a few weeks after season 2 ended, so you can stop assuming I knew of its existence.

Second, this was the first pun that’s made me yell at my screen. It was so stupid. Ponyville I’m okay with. They didn’t even really do a pun there, mind you. It’s just a town that ponies live in. I’m okay with that. I even read a fanfic the other day that included the state of Marizona, which I thought would be the apex of bad horse-related place names, but it didn’t make me yell at the screen. But Saddle Arabia… It just sounds like they tried to make a good horse-themed pun and couldn’t come up with one. Like seriously, there’s an actual breed of horses called Arabian Horses and you can’t come up with a good pun.

Third:
>Greentext
>Not olivedrabtext
>ಠ__ಠ

Ahh….you’re one of those casuals who didn’t get into pony back in glorious season one.

Wait….what do you mean “Generation 1”?

Twilitlord wrote:

Like seriously, there’s an actual breed of horses called Arabian Horses and you can’t come up with a good pun.

The problem comes from the fact that Arabians are named after a human race so you if you change that word, it loses its meaning. You can only do a pun with the precursor to that word.

K wrote:

Anyways, why are you people complaining about “Saddle Arabia” and stuff.

We are not. Saddle Arabia is the most glorious nation upon that meager equine Earth.

Gigatoast wrote:

This is technically still a WIP for a crossover picture I’m putting together, I haven’t yet found a decent way to do Scroob’s swirly eyes in AT style.

Perhaps just a small very subtle swirl? AT has a variety of eye shapes so you can experiment a bit.

Did you know that Professor Layton is the only character in his games’ with dots for eyes?

Last edited Dec 03, 2012 at 03:38AM EST
Dec 03, 2012 at 03:37AM EST

Guize

Seriously, guize

The milkshake fad…IT’S EVOLVING!

I’ve already suggested making a note of it in the pony art fad article. I’m thinking we should round up the milkshake images coming in and collate them here or there, that way we can get a better idea of how fast it’s trending and wether or not we should document it

Dec 03, 2012 at 04:04AM EST

@BSoD
Are people suggesting that milkshakes shouldn’t have their own entry?
How dare they!

Milkshakes are special!
(In all honesty, I think it’s a little early to be talking about adding it on as a documented meme. It’s only been slightly over a week now. Give it a bit more time. heck, even if it does prove to have some staying power, I can’t see it getting much more recognition than being placed alongside other art trends like socks and juiceboxes.)

Last edited Dec 03, 2012 at 04:36AM EST
Dec 03, 2012 at 04:35AM EST

Millennial Dan wrote:

STAHP! You’re going to give me diabetes!

Limit it to one cute pic per post okay?

Or else my smile will tear my face off!

My face already hurts from the smiles…

Dec 03, 2012 at 06:09AM EST

burning_phoneix wrote:

>Complaining about Saddle Arabia
>Not complaining about every other stupid pun in the series
>Not complaining that Ponyville is stupidest name ever

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK FUCK YOU!

Oh btw, the name was floated ever since the end of season 2, where have you been Grandma? Saddle Arabia was one of the locations that was suggested on the facebook page for Shining Armor and Cadance’s Honey moon.

Also, before I forget: Fuck you.

@ Magic discussion regarding Hadoukens, sleight of hoof and the powers of lake Minitonka:

>MLP:FiM
>Complaining about bad puns in city names.

>>>Twilight Sparkle
>>>Pinkie Pie
>>>Applejack.
>>>Rainbow Dash
>>>Scootaloo
>>>Granny Smith
>>>Celestia (Celestial)
>>>Luna (Lunar)

Dec 03, 2012 at 07:11AM EST

Gaiz! Gaiz!

What if… The last three untitled episodes of this season are like… All part of the same thing?

Like… Some Kinda Three parter?

… Let that sink in… While looking at Epic Derpy.

P.S. How do you do colored text?

…Or partial quotes

Last edited Dec 03, 2012 at 07:43AM EST
Dec 03, 2012 at 07:17AM EST

A three-parter? That would be like an actual movie! An hour and a half of pony… I don’t know if the world is ready for something of that magnitude.

Well, due to unforeseen difficulties, I still haven’t seen the newest episode. But by this time tomorrow, that will have changed. Woohoo!

Dec 03, 2012 at 10:00AM EST

@milkshakes

sigh Well someone has to do this, it might as well be me.

Dec 03, 2012 at 10:45AM EST

@Three-parter theory

Well if this (spoilers maybe??) has any merit would not be surprised if they made it a three-parter.

Dec 03, 2012 at 11:22AM EST

@Episode thoughts

The episode had a certain fanservice vibe to it. The word has a negative connotation of course, but it doesn’t feel forced or bad in case of pony. Perhaps it’s due to the fact that we are not the target audience, so all we get are a couple of winks, some references and a team that really tries to push the boundaries.

I was also really pleased how Trixie’s comeback, the duell and the final fight was handled. The revenge for the humilation, the personality corrupting amulet and beating her with stage tricks were the best solutions for the story. Even her apology was fitting.
Jep M. A. Larson really knows how to write, apparantly he also knows who is best pony:

@Fluttershy
I think the “dragging her into the everfree forest bit” was a bit too much, but the library scene was awesome as well as the animal scenes. It was also nice to see Rainbow Dash encouraging her. You just need to remember Dragonshy to see that there has been some serious progression.

I am just wondering how she managed to sneak back into Ponyville to make the preperations for the final fight.

>This episode was also very pleasing to the ear

Dec 03, 2012 at 12:16PM EST

Breaking PNN news: Princess Cadence and Shining Armour are expecting their first child. We’ll have Princess Celestia’s reaction later at 4:00 today.

Dec 03, 2012 at 12:21PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

>MLP:FiM
>Complaining about bad puns in city names.

>>>Twilight Sparkle
>>>Pinkie Pie
>>>Applejack.
>>>Rainbow Dash
>>>Scootaloo
>>>Granny Smith
>>>Celestia (Celestial)
>>>Luna (Lunar)

Yeah, we’re three seasons into this little show now.
I think it’s a bit late to be complaining about puns.
So far, there’s only been one pun that has actually made me groan a bit though.

The quote plus the wink just… ow.

Oh and let’s not forget the absolutely pun-derful extended theme song from the first DVD set.

@chow
Please don’t remind us of that

Last edited Dec 03, 2012 at 01:00PM EST
Dec 03, 2012 at 01:00PM EST

Guys, I just realized something because of the new episode

Dec 03, 2012 at 01:45PM EST

MFW My vacations start today:

@RandomMan I like puns. Puns are nice.

@Jacob: That actually makes sense.

@chowzburgerz: I don’t know If I should be happy or scared!
EVERY time I think about their children, it reminds me about… Things

Well, maybe they have something canon, someday… Meanwhile:

Diabeetus
And the dubbing they made for Discord in the brasillian version was, believe it or not, pretty decent.

Last edited Dec 03, 2012 at 02:06PM EST
Dec 03, 2012 at 02:01PM EST

Just got done watching the new episode and boy am I impressed! I was primarily assuming that the return of Trixie was just going to signal a tip-of-the-hat episode to bronies and would be a letdown from a random throw-together of fanservice.
The best part had to be the second duel where the solution reminded me of the Sisterhooves Special.

There’s only one thing that sort of bugs me, however: THERE’S NO MORE LESSONS ABOUT FRIENDSHIP!!!1!!1!

9/10, and I still refuse to leave I-Want-More-Rarity Island. >:(

Dec 03, 2012 at 07:50PM EST

Insouciant Insect wrote:

Just got done watching the new episode and boy am I impressed! I was primarily assuming that the return of Trixie was just going to signal a tip-of-the-hat episode to bronies and would be a letdown from a random throw-together of fanservice.
The best part had to be the second duel where the solution reminded me of the Sisterhooves Special.

There’s only one thing that sort of bugs me, however: THERE’S NO MORE LESSONS ABOUT FRIENDSHIP!!!1!!1!

9/10, and I still refuse to leave I-Want-More-Rarity Island. >:(

While I doubt a full rarity episode will happen this season, there may be a little bit of attention given to her in… what I’m suspecting will be a X-mas special episode.

Maybe they’ll tell hearths warming eve stories, and Rarity will play the part of one one the main characters in one of the six stories. [Bonus points if it’s “A Christmas Carol”]

As for Rarity focued episodes, I suspect something as early as… Episode 5 next Year. As 1+2 are taken, Ep 3 is often a Twilight Focused episode or a freakout (or both) and episode 4 is often reserved for new or returning characters it seems, or something related to Applejack… Or both.

So Episode 5 next Season I think…Unless you want Rarity to have an existential crisis in Episode 3.

Last edited Dec 03, 2012 at 08:18PM EST
Dec 03, 2012 at 08:16PM EST

Lunar Protege wrote:

While I doubt a full rarity episode will happen this season, there may be a little bit of attention given to her in… what I’m suspecting will be a X-mas special episode.

Maybe they’ll tell hearths warming eve stories, and Rarity will play the part of one one the main characters in one of the six stories. [Bonus points if it’s “A Christmas Carol”]

As for Rarity focued episodes, I suspect something as early as… Episode 5 next Year. As 1+2 are taken, Ep 3 is often a Twilight Focused episode or a freakout (or both) and episode 4 is often reserved for new or returning characters it seems, or something related to Applejack… Or both.

So Episode 5 next Season I think…Unless you want Rarity to have an existential crisis in Episode 3.

Now just a darn minute, it’s time to do a little fact-checking here. I recalled Meghan McCarthy saying something about this on her Twitter, and sure enough I was right. Observe:

As you can plainly see, each of the mane 6 and even Spike are getting their own episodes. Good thing too, because some of us wouldn’t handle it very well if that weren’t the case.

Last edited Dec 03, 2012 at 08:50PM EST
Dec 03, 2012 at 08:49PM EST

Serious Business wrote:

@DeadParrot

That was the loveliest pun I’ve ever heard.

I actually find this moment cuter than all the milkshakes.

…It’s sweet, innocent; and just a tiny bit ship-y.

…not that it canonizes anything. So please, lower your weapons and get back to manning the cargo.

(P.S. I ship everything… I repeat… Everything… To the point it sounds like the “Pairing” is the title of a Homestuck Troll Movie. So I usually just abbreviate it to MLP^X [X being the Average number of Duplicates of each character I have to work with in that story +1].)

Last edited Dec 04, 2012 at 03:30AM EST
Dec 04, 2012 at 03:22AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!