Forums / Discussion / General

232,891 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10166 posts from 235 users

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

What's the synopsis for the new episode?

Since you asked…

Princess Celestia tasks the ponies with reforming Discord, a mischievous spirit of disharmony, but Fluttershy is the only one who is willing to give him a chance.

Luna Protege wrote:

Since you asked…

Princess Celestia tasks the ponies with reforming Discord, a mischievous spirit of disharmony, but Fluttershy is the only one who is willing to give him a chance.

Well holy shit.
I may be over-hyped, but it sounds like it will be a good episode either way.
Even the name is a reference itself. Studio B is best Studio. Ever.

You know, this page should be a (Re)introduction page.
Or we can list our traits and contributions to this thread and such.

Last edited Dec 26, 2012 at 02:06PM EST

Since my last post, I now have an OC! And herpes! But the latter is a story for another time.

Anyways, yeah, uninspired color scheme, uninspired mane style, et cetera, et cetera. I did my best to not base the design off myself as a person (I don't have hair), but at least I know what to make my friggin' cutie mark, which is something a lot of people seem to have trouble with since they're so good at everything and whatnot. I wouldn't call animating my greatest skill, seeing as I'm only mediocre, but it's what I'm good at that not a lot of other people are good at.

The pose is kind of awkward, since I'm working with new Flash builds that I've discovered aren't brilliant at static stances, but I figured the fact I'm making a My Little Pony OC in the first place is a bigger problem.

@Lone K

DHX Media Vancouver, if you will. Annoyingly, their location keeps me from the title of "Best pony animator in the Pacific Northwest."

Last edited Dec 26, 2012 at 03:08PM EST

Lone K. (Echoid) wrote:

Well holy shit.
I may be over-hyped, but it sounds like it will be a good episode either way.
Even the name is a reference itself. Studio B is best Studio. Ever.

You know, this page should be a (Re)introduction page.
Or we can list our traits and contributions to this thread and such.

Reintroductions?

Okay, here's the briefest One for myself I can manage….

I'm an Extremely Dualistic Natured one, with an equal footing on virtually all personality Traits, making me swing wildly from one Extreme to the other, and as such, I usually end up with more potential OCs to represent me than places to use them.

The one consistent trait is that I'm extremely undisciplined, and can't control myself to save my life.

I'm an Amateur Artist, Game Designer, and some day Writer… But Fat Chance of that last one without some help.

Spend most Forum time with Crazy Theories and Occasional Art.

…Unlike my personality, my Ideals are stable…

Last edited Dec 26, 2012 at 05:35PM EST

@episode synopsis

Remember a while ago, someone said that John DeLancie was returning for voicework, but he wasn't going to be playing Discord?
And the image of those 4chan posts that had those lines DeLancie recorded that implied Discord was formerly (and got turned back into) Star Swirl the Bearded?
And now this?
It all adds up! (Dangit, I can't find the Gravity Falls image I want.)

I hope M. A. Larson wrote this one, since he wrote the previous episodes with Discord in them.

Getting away from the spoilers for a bit, you may recall that, according to Meghan McCarthy, Wonderbolts Academy originally had a different ending.
Well, looks like she wanted to appease our curiosity by posting a couple snippets of the lost scene.

If anyone remembers my post from back when the episode aired, my primary issue was with the rather odd and abrupt ending that was received.
I think this alternate version would have been superior in just about every way possible.
First off, Lightning just gets a demotion, which seems far more appropriate for a first offense than complete dismissal.
Second, we would have gotten to know exactly where Dash stands now in relation to her dream.
She's taken another big step, but she's still not quite there yet.
I'm still under the impression that these scenes were cut because of time restrictions, but I really do wish that we had gotten to see them.

@neutraldude
If you want more Chrysalis, you should pick up the comic book series.
Only the first of four issues is out so far so I can't guarantee what is going to happen in the end, but the Queen of the Changelings is back!
Midtown Comics

Last edited Dec 26, 2012 at 07:01PM EST

@DeadParrot

I'm just going to assume the cut scene is canon anyways, and just happened to be meant to occur in the spot where the Credits ended up rolling.

MUCH easier to deal with than whatever some Fan fic writer comes up with to try and deal with their shipping fics without said scene.

So last weekend, I drove down to Atlanta to meet my relatives/cousin…a long drive by the way. In Tenessee on I-75, the 2nd or 3rd exit south was for Rarity Mountain Road…I kind of Lol'd at the sight of that (there was nothing there…probably gems). I couldn't find that picture though on KYM of that instance with Rarity herself. Anyone can find that pic and post it for me?

Daft Punkjet wrote:

So last weekend, I drove down to Atlanta to meet my relatives/cousin…a long drive by the way. In Tenessee on I-75, the 2nd or 3rd exit south was for Rarity Mountain Road…I kind of Lol'd at the sight of that (there was nothing there…probably gems). I couldn't find that picture though on KYM of that instance with Rarity herself. Anyone can find that pic and post it for me?

Here you go, plus a couple bonuses!

[derail] Are there any entry editors and/or meme researchers that post in this thread? If so, I come here with a question concerning a possible entry…

Socially Awkward Brony.

I dug this one up on MemeGenerator, and as of right now, there are some 500-odd examples of that macro. In addition, a quick Google search for the macro’s title amasses over one million search results. Do you guys think this has any potential? [/derail]

Last edited Dec 26, 2012 at 09:47PM EST

I have to introduce myself? fine

My name is disturbedbrony. I'm a disturbed brony. What more do you wanna know?

New Topic:

Which pair of ponies works the best? No, I'm not talking about shipping, or who are your two favorite ponies. I'm mean in the show, which two characters work the best together? For me, it would be Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie. I like how their personalities clash with each other. Twilight being the smart, organized, and serious one and Pinkie being, well, Pinkie. It's the reason 'It's About Time' and 'MMMystery on the Friendship Express' are some of my favorite episodes. What do you guys think?

Last edited Dec 26, 2012 at 10:03PM EST

Evan Hechenbach wrote:

[derail] Are there any entry editors and/or meme researchers that post in this thread? If so, I come here with a question concerning a possible entry…

Socially Awkward Brony.

I dug this one up on MemeGenerator, and as of right now, there are some 500-odd examples of that macro. In addition, a quick Google search for the macro’s title amasses over one million search results. Do you guys think this has any potential? [/derail]

raises hand (you should've seen this one coming)

This will of course result in "I don't like Advice Animals, therefore they cannot be a meme harr harr" reactions. So I'm going to go ahead and just say that all those opinions will be ignored. That's not an argument, that's an excuse, and a very bad one as well.

It certainly has the spread that an entry seems reasonable, but the question is how many others are out there. I have digged through brony advice animals before, and this is most likely the biggest one. The second biggest is probably Rabid Idiot Brony, which has over 200 variations on MemeGenerator (just 10 on Quickmeme) and an own Tumblr blog of over 100 pages (a lot are question answering as well). Whereas Socially Awkward brony mainly focusses on the awkward situations of being in an internet fandom, Rabid Idiot Brony puts more attention to the annoying forceful side of the fandom.

I am unaware of other big ones, but can probably find them if I dig a bit deeper (you are free to help of course). Advice Animals are a part of every fandom (some more than others), so it wouldn't suprise me.

So perhaps a solution, in case there are indeed more out there, would be a header in the main MLP entry. With headers for stuff like conventions and cosplay another for this is doable. Remember though that the main entry is not a reason to avoid seperate entries all the time. If it's big, it gets a seperate entry, regardless of how much people might dislike it.

Pokemon has multiple sub-entries that focus on advice animals (like Pokeparents and Professor Oak). So if it stays to just those two (Socially Awkward and Rabid Idiot), 2 sub-entries for them is a perfectly legit option.

Introductions:

I don't need to introduce myself, as I was the first one on Popper's list.

(got owned)
Last edited Dec 26, 2012 at 10:56PM EST

Evan Hechenbach wrote:

Socially Awkward Brony.

Go ahead and do it, I personally don't like animal spin offs but if it has potential then just create the entry, you are the person who has the right to deny yourself from creating the entry.

Last edited Dec 26, 2012 at 11:07PM EST

Exudes Affluence wrote:

Since my last post, I now have an OC! And herpes! But the latter is a story for another time.

I believe they are closesly related. Please tell us the tale.

ThatNeutreldude wrote:

I wonder if someday they will redeem Chrysalis.

It seems the comic is going that way.

Alright, I'll make the two sub-entries when I get back on a computer. If I can find more notable macros, I'll create an entry for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic image macros and just include those two.

I'm on a bloody iPad at the moment. It takes about two minutes longer to make a sententious post than it does on my laptop or desktop. #firstworldproblems

Last edited Dec 27, 2012 at 12:31AM EST

Alright, since everyone is starting to (re)introduce themselves, I'd like to "introduce" (well since I never properly introduced myself in the beginning, I think this is necessary).
sound of button press

Recorder: My name is [Lone K.]. I come from my town of [Tracy] in the state of [California] which is in [the United States of America]. I do find pleasure in meeting you all and all of you meeting me, as well the fact that I have the [abilities] to help with [this thread].

My real name is [Thomas Kim].

I am a [male].

Birth date is [73099].

Zip code is [00000].

At your service.

Last edited Dec 28, 2012 at 02:07AM EST

Lone K. (Echoid) wrote:

Alright, since everyone is starting to (re)introduce themselves, I'd like to "introduce" (well since I never properly introduced myself in the beginning, I think this is necessary).
sound of button press

Recorder: My name is [Lone K.]. I come from my town of [Tracy] in the state of [California] which is in [the United States of America]. I do find pleasure in meeting you all and all of you meeting me, as well the fact that I have the [abilities] to help with [this thread].

My real name is [Thomas Kim].

I am a [male].

Birth date is [73099].

Zip code is [00000].

At your service.

I'll just put this recording of yours somewhere safe… Messages like this ussually explode after reading…

puts recording in safe and waits for explosion

Any minute now….

Luna Protege wrote:

I'll just put this recording of yours somewhere safe… Messages like this ussually explode after reading…

puts recording in safe and waits for explosion

Any minute now….

In other pony news, it seems that the Dan vs. FIM tumblr recently hit 100 posts and decided to celebrate that milestone by going insane.
Enjoy:

burning_phoneix wrote:

Exudes Affluence wrote:

I believe they are closesly related. Please tell us the tale.

ThatNeutreldude wrote:

I wonder if someday they will redeem Chrysalis.

It seems the comic is going that way.

Guys, Burning Phoenix is being mean to me again!

In other news, I made this piece of crap:

Last edited Dec 27, 2012 at 01:20PM EST

Popper, I'm afraid we can't be friends anymore.

@Wonderbolt Academy alternate ending

Why did they… they should've… sigh
Never mind.

@Synopsis

I'm avoiding it. Don't any of you dare spoil it on here.

@Apple Family Reunion

Fantastic episode, and if you read Twilitlord's post about it, you'll know why I think so. WhitishCollar mentioned that it felt very much like a season one episode, which I still believe to be superior in storytelling to both two and three.

@Introductions

Me:

Apparently forgettable. Like many on this thread, I enjoy disputing things, popular opinion be damned. I have probably the most conservative viewpoint of anyone here, including my Catholic compadre, PopperFett.

But if you forget everything else, remember this…

FLUTTERSHY IS BEST PONY

Now excuse me while I again recede into obscurity for no particular reason.
Last edited Dec 27, 2012 at 03:29PM EST

Evan Hechenbach wrote:

Alright, I'll make the two sub-entries when I get back on a computer. If I can find more notable macros, I'll create an entry for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic image macros and just include those two.

I'm on a bloody iPad at the moment. It takes about two minutes longer to make a sententious post than it does on my laptop or desktop. #firstworldproblems

I would disagree with the latter decision, as those type of entries are always a dangerzone for clusterfucks.

OK, so the episode synopsis that we have been hyping about "Keep calm Flutter On" will not be out until the 19th of January. Saturday's episode in reality will be "Spike At Your Service", there are now more possibilities for Spike's character to develop or show he is just a slave. I am betting this episode continue to prove that he is a doormat to the mane 6.

Last edited Dec 27, 2012 at 06:18PM EST

Tim Wrote:

….“Keep calm Flutter On” will not be out until the 19th of January. Saturday’s episode in reality will be “Spike At Your Service”…

Wait… If I'm counting this right… This Saturday (29 December)… Then… one on the 5th, and one on the 12, then the Fluttershy episode…

There are two Episodes to account for between now and then!

I have no idea when the lost episode 8 is going to turn up, but something seriously doesn't make sense here.

I know a couple of explanations… but not knowing which is the right one is… Weird.

(That's an odd thing about me… Being able to see all the possibilities, but never knowing which is the right one.)

Last edited Dec 27, 2012 at 09:05PM EST

I have resided on I-Want-More-Rarity Island alone for since the end of Season 2. Today it has become apparent that Rarity will not have her own episode for the remainder of Season 3.

I have a feeling a couple of people have also jumped ship.

Luna Protege wrote:

Tim Wrote:

….“Keep calm Flutter On” will not be out until the 19th of January. Saturday’s episode in reality will be “Spike At Your Service”…

Wait… If I'm counting this right… This Saturday (29 December)… Then… one on the 5th, and one on the 12, then the Fluttershy episode…

There are two Episodes to account for between now and then!

I have no idea when the lost episode 8 is going to turn up, but something seriously doesn't make sense here.

I know a couple of explanations… but not knowing which is the right one is… Weird.

(That's an odd thing about me… Being able to see all the possibilities, but never knowing which is the right one.)

No… there are 2 weeks without new MLP FIM episodes. Here is the new episode schedual which has been recently updated:
"Spike at Your Service" December 29, 2012
"Keep Calm and Flutter On" January 19, 2013
"Just For Sidekicks" January 26, 2013
and then the most likely the two part finale on a date to be released.

Episode 8 was The Apple Family Reunion.

It's really true!
The last Rarity episode was Sweet and Elite which aired on 12/3/2011.
Rarity went a full year without an episode!
I guess AJ was right:

@New episodes
Just for courtesy's sake guys, I would suggest spoiler tagging anything related to the new episodes, even titles for now.
Not that revealing those is the wordt possible thing, but some people may be trying to avoid anything that could be considered a spoiler.

Tim the Enchanter wrote:

No… there are 2 weeks without new MLP FIM episodes. Here is the new episode schedual which has been recently updated:
"Spike at Your Service" December 29, 2012
"Keep Calm and Flutter On" January 19, 2013
"Just For Sidekicks" January 26, 2013
and then the most likely the two part finale on a date to be released.

Episode 8 was The Apple Family Reunion.

Wait… That makes things a bit more complicated…

Unless one of those turns out to be a two-parter, they'll be no second two-parter this season…

And yet… some sources say the team on MLP implied there's be at least more than one two-parter.

Today it has become apparent that Rarity will not have her own episode for the remainder of Season 3.
Again, I remind you that Meghan McCarthy confirmed that there would be an episode for all the mane six. There’s no need for Rarifans to get all bummed just yet.

GAIZ…

HEY GAIZ…

DO U NO WAT THIS MEANZ?

A RARITY-CENTRIC FINALE IS TEH ONLEH EXPLANATIONS!

/sarcasm

First season didn't end with a two-parter, and McCarthy DID promise an episode for each of the main six. Since we have half the episodes of the prior seasons, they're probably going to end it on a single episode again.

I think maybe it would be fun to actually explain why I love Fluttershy so much.
I was hoping for an excuse to do the same thing for Rarity, since she moved up to my number one spot after The Crystal Empire. And because I’ve already explained why I like Fluttershy. :X

Still working on this, btw. It's going to be some serious TL;DR. I wanted to do a sort of evaluation highlighting her assets since she doesn't seem to get much positive attention, but according to Insouciant, I suppose that isn't quite the case her on Know Your Meme. WHERE ARE ALL THE RARITY FANS HIDING? Y U NO VISIT FORUMS?

Jackal Lantern wrote:

Today it has become apparent that Rarity will not have her own episode for the remainder of Season 3.
Again, I remind you that Meghan McCarthy confirmed that there would be an episode for all the mane six. There’s no need for Rarifans to get all bummed just yet.

GAIZ…

HEY GAIZ…

DO U NO WAT THIS MEANZ?

A RARITY-CENTRIC FINALE IS TEH ONLEH EXPLANATIONS!

/sarcasm

First season didn't end with a two-parter, and McCarthy DID promise an episode for each of the main six. Since we have half the episodes of the prior seasons, they're probably going to end it on a single episode again.

I think maybe it would be fun to actually explain why I love Fluttershy so much.
I was hoping for an excuse to do the same thing for Rarity, since she moved up to my number one spot after The Crystal Empire. And because I’ve already explained why I like Fluttershy. :X

Still working on this, btw. It's going to be some serious TL;DR. I wanted to do a sort of evaluation highlighting her assets since she doesn't seem to get much positive attention, but according to Insouciant, I suppose that isn't quite the case her on Know Your Meme. WHERE ARE ALL THE RARITY FANS HIDING? Y U NO VISIT FORUMS?

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

I am also right behind you. But not to stab you.

Definitely not to stab you…

Not sure if inspired by PF2 Heroes or just lucky coincidence that it matches their classes…

In other news, there is a synopsis out now for January 26th:

Just For Sidekicks
Spike finds himself in over his head after convincing Twilight and her friends to let
him pet-sit all of their critters in exchange for a few gems.

That leaves one episode, right? And now it has to be a Rarity episode… (you can spoiler that if you think it needs it mods; if so, I apologize.)

Last edited Dec 28, 2012 at 02:36AM EST

RandomMan wrote:

I would disagree with the latter decision, as those type of entries are always a dangerzone for clusterfucks.

Meh. Fine by me. I'll just work on those two then, because I had no time to finish my drafts today.

THE RARITY FANS ARE EMERGING

@Explosive Lasers
Well, looks like I've found my new TF2 spray.

@Twilitlord
Nah. More than likely, it was inspired by this:

A lot of tf2 related pony stuff goes by this set. Including the MLP Heroes servers. Twi and Pinkie were just different due to the fact that the Cow Mangler and Holiday Punch fit them more than any sniper or pyro weapons.

@Everyone else, oh yeah, speaking of MLP Heroes, if any of you other guys are big TF2 fags, you should join Twilitlord, Tim the Enchanter, and myself for some of this:

Each team gets one pony, the pony having tons of health, a special and ultra that charges throughout the game, and limited weapons. Think of it as a cross between standard TF2 and VS Hale or Freak Fortress. If any of you are interested, post on my wall letting me know and I'll direct you to the instructions for playing as the heroes and where to find the servers.

Last edited Dec 28, 2012 at 03:29AM EST

Or just join me, I play the PF2 servers mostly anymore because I like the people and there's a lot of voice-chatters. Not always heroes, but often.

And yes, it is awesome.

Although Jackal as Rarispy is terrifying on the opposing team.

You know what the Fandom needs on the Fan made Music side?

Some kind of Medley! Like, a My Little Pony Medley!

Wow… that was a short comment… Maybe I should end with a question…

Anyone know how to change Text Colors?

Last edited Dec 28, 2012 at 04:46AM EST

Got Bored… Made more Homestuck Pony OCs.

Link to KYM Page

In no Particular Order…

Rogue of Light
Thief of Rage
Heir of Heart
Maid of Breath
Knight of Hope
Page of Life
Mage of Space
Slyph of Mind
Witch of Void
Princess of Time

Now all they Need is Names…

Last edited Dec 28, 2012 at 08:57AM EST

Yeah, I really would like more Rarity. Everyone loves her. EVERYONE

And about the TF2 ponies, I like Team Fortress, still a nice game. The crossover isn't that bad, but I don't feel confortable with some of brony servers.
-HUD with ponies? No problem.
-Sprays with ponies? It's nice.
-Playing as the ponies? Huh… Pass. I already said that I don't like the ponies in 3D, and that aplies to the maps as well.

@Spike Episode: Character development or slave? I bet on slave.

@PF2:

I haven't been able to play TF2 for a few months, since my internet ka-bobbled into being weak sauce. It might get better at some point, as the source of the ka-bobblement is going away soon, but it'll still be a while.

@The forums:

It appears the Rarifans are amassing in order to put through their plan to take over the Pony General thread using pure, unadulterated fabulosity. Also makeovers.

Luna Protege wrote:

Got Bored… Made more Homestuck Pony OCs.

Link to KYM Page

In no Particular Order…

Rogue of Light
Thief of Rage
Heir of Heart
Maid of Breath
Knight of Hope
Page of Life
Mage of Space
Slyph of Mind
Witch of Void
Princess of Time

Now all they Need is Names…

Awe Frig… The more I look at this, the more I realize that the design I chose for the Maid of Breath (Erm, the blue Clothed one on the Mid Right) Reminds me of Derpy.

Unfocused gaze, Absent minded looking, carefree, happy…

Well… Fans of Homestuck do say that Heroes of Breath are like that…

Someone should probably Draw that… Derpy as a Homestuck Character that is…

Also, Why am I so drawn to the one that is simply Black and white? Is this another one of those times that, like Brownmane said some time ago, "In a Sea of Butterflys, the plain one sticks out"?

Also, Bonus Points for the ones that realize the Spoilered Fact about these…

Is they all have the color Blue used somewhere in their Designs; often of varying shades.

Mostly it's just used in their Coat and Manes though, and a few cases, their Costume, but with the Black/White one, It's used in the Eyes instead.

burning_phoneix wrote:

I don’t think the writer has been revealed.

Wikipedia has someone listed, but I thought it might be considered a very slight spoiler, so I didn't say who. So someone said it was this writer, but I don't know if they're just screwing with us or if they had a source (I couldn't find it on the Wikipedia page, and I wasn't going to listen to 90 minutes of geeky podcast to figure it out.)

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!