Forums / Discussion / General

232,752 total conversations in 7,781 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10166 posts from 235 users

Sonata Dusk wrote:

I'm excited about the finale plotline too, and it's even been spoiled for me already. It's not a faith or anything in M.A. Larson that causes it, it's the fact that it will be the first finale that I don't see weeks or months after its aired. It's kind of nice to talk about it with knowledge that its not all past events with everyone else.

Still, the shortness of this season is felt even to me. I hope we don't have to wait until 2014 for new episodes or anything. We'd have to make our own event called "The Year Without Poni".

After that, anyone have any predictions as to what games ponies will play in the next episode? I'm hoping to see a little more jousting, personally, but I'm not seeing how ponies are going to go pole vaulting.

This show is Canadienne, after all.

Last edited Jan 31, 2013 at 02:11PM EST

Verbose wrote:

The next episode airs Feb. 9.

May I ask a related question? Why didn't either of you Google this like I did? Like, I don't get it. It took me about two minutes. Most of that time was typing this up with a link.

Seriously. I really want an answer, because I'm a little dumbfounded at the moment.

Feb 9th? Dammit. This is why shortened seasons suck, you have to put so many breaks in between episodes just so you don't blow through all the episodes in two months.

GIANTDAD wrote:

so its came down to this

I lol'd so fucking hard.

So let me calculate the "switching destinies" and see who flip-flops.

Dashie-Fluttershy switch. (Fluttershy can clear all the clouds in ten seconds flat… um, if that's alright with you.)

AJ-Rarity switch. (They're like the Redskins-Cowboys of MLP rivalries. Can't wait to see this.)

Pinkie-somepony really boring switch.

Vinyl-Octavia switch in background. (Vinyl forms Pony Apocalyptica, Octavia retires.)

Lyra-Bonbon switch in background. (Hint: Lyra turns normal.)

Celestia-Luna switch. (Shitstorm forecasted.)

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

I lol'd so fucking hard.

So let me calculate the "switching destinies" and see who flip-flops.

Dashie-Fluttershy switch. (Fluttershy can clear all the clouds in ten seconds flat… um, if that's alright with you.)

AJ-Rarity switch. (They're like the Redskins-Cowboys of MLP rivalries. Can't wait to see this.)

Pinkie-somepony really boring switch.

Vinyl-Octavia switch in background. (Vinyl forms Pony Apocalyptica, Octavia retires.)

Lyra-Bonbon switch in background. (Hint: Lyra turns normal.)

Celestia-Luna switch. (Shitstorm forecasted.)

Last edited Jan 31, 2013 at 06:33PM EST

The plotline sounds cool for the finale. There's just one thing I'm a bit worried about, something that has made some episodes suffer before this season: Length of the episode. From what we know so far about the final episode, it's a whole lot to place in one episode.

This guy also keeps amazing me.

Windigo With Salad wrote:

Firstly, they can't be spoilers if they're educated guesses. Also, random Human!Applejack picture.

Secondly, random Human!Applejack pic.

Thirdly, I wrote this fanfic and wanted to know what you guys thought.

http://ytpdude.deviantart.com/art/The-Lonely-Day-One-Shot-351362897?ga_submit_new=10%253A1359676597&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1

Jimmy Lethal wrote:

Firstly, they can’t be spoilers if they’re educated guesses. Also, random Human!Applejack picture.

I think he means the fact that the cutie mark/destinies are swapping. But this entire thread is a spoiler disaster zone now, so I really don't know what the point would be of spoiler tags anymore.

And, oh my, the hilarity… I want the CMC's blank flanks to swap with Diamond Tiara/Silver Spoon's cutie marks. Larson, if you didn't put that in there I will openly declare missed opportunity.

Last edited Jan 31, 2013 at 07:35PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

The plotline sounds cool for the finale. There's just one thing I'm a bit worried about, something that has made some episodes suffer before this season: Length of the episode. From what we know so far about the final episode, it's a whole lot to place in one episode.

I'm thinking of making a Twitter just so I could follow that man.

HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT THIS? HUHUUHUHUUHUHUHUHUHHHH??

What if Twilight is granted the powers of an Alicorn and transformed into one, but a little while later she worries about what her friends are up to and how their friendship is going without her?

She would ask Princess Celestia to revert her back to regular Twilight Sparkle for the sake of keeping her friendship with her friends.

LESSON TAUGHT: Although entitlement has perks, giving up something valuable that cannot be reproduced at all is not worth the price.

(ARE YOU ALL HAPPY THAT THIS IS WHAT IT CAN COME TOO? THE MOST VALUABLE LESSON TAUGHT???)

I MUST GO, MY FANDOM NEEDS ME!!!

Last edited Jan 31, 2013 at 08:11PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

Yep, at this point, that is my only concern as well.
I have never hated an episode so far, but the closest I've gotten to disliking some have almost always stemmed from a lack of time.
The cool part though?
It looks like they might be attempting to mitigate this problem a bit by making a quisi-three-parter.
The beginning of 'Sidekicks' set up the main six going to the Crystal empire to help with the games, which we know will be the focus of episode 12.
My guess is that these event will also have some bearing on the finale too.
(Why link the third-to-last and second-to-last episodes of a season and not the finale? That would be really weird.)
That said, I still remember watching A Canterlot Wedding and realizing that, with only a couple minutes left, they hadn't actually had a wedding, and even that quick resolution didn't really feel too rushed.
I feel like I've said this in every post for the past week, but we'll just have to wait and see how it is handled.
I, for one, am excited!

More M.A.Larson being amazing (with a nice dose of Peter New for fun):

Do not mess with the power of the writers!

Oh, and one more thing:
<div class=spoiler title="Spoilers">

Nice, eh?
These spoiler tags might as well have some use since we certainly aren't bothering to use them for their intended purpose anymore.

Last edited Feb 01, 2013 at 01:08AM EST

I asked a guy if being able to bend the fate of others to your will makes you a god.

He said yes. And that it was the very definition of god.

So far, everything about the finale is saying Twilight fills that requirement. And what we've always assumed an Alicorn was has been pretty much in line with a very Greek/Roman concept of a god.

So if Twilight were To fix the now spoiled cutie mark problem, since that would require repairing destiny, that would leave us all with a gaping question…

Why the heck isn't she an Alicorn yet?! Get it over with!

…So far, the moment cutie mark swapping came up, this was the only way… Other than failure…

And you know what failure looks like?

Think every fanfic titled Sad, Dark, or Tragedy. But not Grimdark. And Mix them all together.

You will have… The saddest sack of sad sack to ever sack the sad from the sack.

Think about it, everything they care about except each other has been taken away. That is not a happy state of mind.

…And this is a light hearted show about ponies, nobody is going to let such a sad thing happen in canon…

At this point, anything that keeps Twilight from becoming, and staying an Alicorn would be such a giant Deus Ex Machina that I will burn my TV if they pulled a Deus Ex Machina that big.

Heck, if the writers/Hasbro pull back the Alicorn Decision at this point I WILL BURN SOMETHING! Because I hate it when someone gets ready to pull a gutsy, Risky Move, and goes back on it.

Sure, Alicorn Twilight Changes everything forever. But her NOT staying Alicorn will BUTCHER logic when she can become an Alicorn at any time. And it will show the Writers have ZERO backbone to stick by their word.

At that point, the Writers will essentially have shown they no longer care about what they do, because they would be invalidating the spirit of their own word.

Ruaheayhayerhshrgh…. Urggghhg!

Excuse me while I throw this soap box I'm on through a window. I seem to have spontaneously generated a pocket of rage that I need to get rid of. I hope my incoherent rambling wasn't an inconvenience.

GIANTDAD wrote:

so its came down to this

Oh my gosh, that just made my day! Yep, this describes just about every pony-world-problem ever.

Although… a couple minutes later the "Fandom" here goes up in flames and sinks…………
But I doubt that'll actually happen.

GIANTDAD wrote:

so its came down to this

This is true… So very true. in terms of the people flailing in the air anyways. But this ship ain't sinking yet.

Deviant Art will be knocked back a bit as people rush in to make new art and old comics end up having to be updated. Ones dealing specifically with Alicorn twilight will be the only one not effected, unless they deal with the accent to Alicorn itself. But overall, it's not that big a deal just some wind knocked out of them.

EqD is going to be running for their lives over the Deluge of Alicorn Twilight stuff that is now completely canon, and can be included in EVERY story that takes place after the event.

Reddit… I don't have a clue what they'll do. I'm assuming they'll probably just flee the scene before they get inundated with comments over all this.

Derpiboo.ru is going to be blown into the air like a ragdoll when they end up needing to completely redo all the tags that pertain to Twilight.

Ponychan… Get back to me on that one, never been there before. I don't know how Twilicorn will effect them. Maybe some mass transit of some stuff from one section to another like some kind of thread gymnastics is possible once a new slew of Content shows up; after all, that Gif does look like they did an Acrobatic Freaking Pirouette over the Railing rather than being thrown.

And /MLP/?

/MLP/… Just like in the Picture… They just don't give a F###. The exact reason… Unknown. But for them its business as usual; mods fall asleep, post ponies.

Hmm… Wonder what FimFiction would be doing in that gif… Considering I predict a massive need for everyone to go back and change the presence of or lack of AU Tag after the event.

Oh well.

Crimson Locks wrote:

>"This show is Canadienne, after all"
>Uses photo of American team

Old post is old, but I'mma respond anyways…

I was just implying Canadians like curling! That's all!

Also, this show is Canadian-American! What better way to show that than an American team playing curling?

THERE IS NO BETTER WAY.

Sigh.

This thread really does move too fast for me.

Last edited Feb 01, 2013 at 05:46PM EST

So, guys… what do you thing the ponies' theme songs would be?

I think Dashie's song should be Motorbreath by Metallica. The song is about living life to its fullest, in the "fast lane", i.e. "Don't end up like others, same song and dance…"

As I believe that Chrysalis is the most evil, her song would be Jump In The Fire, also by Metallica. Quote from Wikipedia:

" The lyrics Hetfield wrote for the album were written from Satan's point of view. It describes how the Devil watches the people who are killing each other, and so he is sure that they will all go to hell for their actions as they, allegorically, 'jump in the fire'."

Oh good, tomorrow is Saturday! That means we'll have a new episode to talk about soon and we can forget about alicorns for awhile!

Wait what do you mean there's no new episode tomorrow…

Honestly, I was tired of the alicorn topic a few hours after the confirmation but that's okay. It was cool seeing the thread move that quickly for the first time in months and some people here posted some pretty understandable reasons as to why they're not happy about it that I hadn't considered.

@Jimmy about pony themesongs

I think we all know the one for Pinkie.

Last edited Feb 01, 2013 at 09:12PM EST

I saw something that really hurt me today.

I went to CVS to pick up a 12 pack and I had to walk past the toy section to get to the soda (fucking CVS and their fucked up ways) and I see one My Little Pony toy, Rarity. Now I don't know about you guys but there are toys based off a big toy line at a pharmacy it's usually the least popular toy that nobody wants to buy. As a Rarifan seeing two Rarity toys sitting on the shelf hurt me bad. Feels bad man at least it wasn't Rainbow Dash!

UnKewln00b wrote:

I saw something that really hurt me today.

I went to CVS to pick up a 12 pack and I had to walk past the toy section to get to the soda (fucking CVS and their fucked up ways) and I see one My Little Pony toy, Rarity. Now I don't know about you guys but there are toys based off a big toy line at a pharmacy it's usually the least popular toy that nobody wants to buy. As a Rarifan seeing two Rarity toys sitting on the shelf hurt me bad. Feels bad man at least it wasn't Rainbow Dash!

Aww…

Even if Rarity isn't my favorite, I wouldn't want her to miss out on any love.

Heck, the first time I bought MLP toys, I felt bad about only wanting to get Rainbow Dash… So I bought all the Mane 6 plus some more Dash.

Of course that reminds me of a Tangent. While I have one or two Favorite Ponies I prefer a fair amount more than the others, past three I kinda like them all about the same amount.

For me, Rarity specifically gets caught in the question of Pony Rankings the most, in that she actually tends to do a complex preference dance around AJ and Fluttershy.

Rarity, Fluttershy and Applejack are all Great Ponies, but I can't really seem to have the will to place one above the others for any length of time. It's just too difficult.

Still though, Rarity is definitely overdue for an Episode.

Those brave KYM Pony General-ers who vaguely resemble artists, heed my call.

Your resident "I don't really like fighting games nor am I particularly good at them yet I guess I'll keep y'all posted on Super Smash Ponies and Fighting is Magic and whatever other stuff comes up" has some news to share with you. First, best princess will feature in SSP. Second, we're looking for some shaders. I probably won't be judging any work, so fear not, I shan't show any favoritism or anything like that. I just know some of you guys are occasional artfags.

Third, best princess.

Sauce

Last edited Feb 02, 2013 at 01:01AM EST

@Dan:

All I did was blog that pic off of the dA source onto canon-twilicorn, and now it's over 75 notes and I bet it'll hit 100 later tonight. That's a lot for a tumblr pony post. I got picked up by a bigger pony blog or something I guess.

I found this page while poking around on Wikipedia yesterday.
It sounds a lot like something Discord would get behind.

About the "Rule of Fives" on that page:
The abbreviation of "My Little Pony" is "MLP".
M is the 13th letter of the alphabet, L is the 12th, and P is the 16th.
1+3=4, 1+2=3, 1+6=7
4+3+7=14
1+4=5

Also,
13+12+16=41
4+1=5

BoxFigs wrote:

I found this page while poking around on Wikipedia yesterday.
It sounds a lot like something Discord would get behind.

About the "Rule of Fives" on that page:
The abbreviation of "My Little Pony" is "MLP".
M is the 13th letter of the alphabet, L is the 12th, and P is the 16th.
1+3=4, 1+2=3, 1+6=7
4+3+7=14
1+4=5

Also,
13+12+16=41
4+1=5

God, I hate Discordianism so much. Fucking faggot hipster pseudo-religion.

No Discord wouldn't get behind that shit. Discord doesn't have to try to be chaotic, he just is. Discordians by their own admission cannot live in a world of pure chaos. They're pretentious.

Last edited Feb 02, 2013 at 10:02PM EST

Ain't no Twilight in a throne,
there's no point, now she's perfect.
I can feel death in the fandom
anytime she flies away.

Wonder, what has Hasbro done,
wonder if she will like that stay
Ain't no Twilight in a throne, ,
I feel death of the ones she loved
anytime she flies away.

And I know, I know, I know, I know, I know
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know
I know, know, I know, I know, I know
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know
I know, hey I should have never started watching this show

But ain't no Twilight in a throne,
only despair everyday.
I feel death of the ones she loved,
anytime she flies away.

Anytime she flies away, anytime she flies away
Anytime she flies away

(Don't take this seriously, I'm neutral)

Last edited Feb 03, 2013 at 12:33AM EST

I've… suddenly got this feeling… that I am so tired… of hearing the issue of whether Twilicorn is going to be good or bad.

I still have my mostly positive opinion… but at this point… I'm just… tired of it. It would be nice if we could just… post Alicorn Twilight Pictures… But even now… I'm too worn out by all of it.

Maybe I'm just Depressed… and I should see a Doctor about it…

Why can't we just do something to take our mind off all this? …Like… I don't know… A Game? Like… My little Pony Chess? Is that even a thing?

Or something else… doesn't really Matter… I'm game.

Last edited Feb 03, 2013 at 03:14AM EST

@Box
I didn't read th wiki page, but wouldn't finding crazy number patterns and stuff like that be the exact opposite of chaos?
It looks like they are specifically looking for some kind of secret linking of important information while true chaos would basically be defined as a lack of reasonable causality.
If anyone would try to get behind numerology, it would be Twilight and her love of math and equations.
Add a healthy dose of nerdism and…
All shall be answered!

@Dan
Yeah, I do agree that this episode in particular probably didn't do too much to assist the others, but you get the definite feeling that a lot of these episodes were probably helping to build for the finale, especially the Crystal Empire stuff and Discord's return.
The fact that they are going to have a nine episode marathon before airing the finale also kind of implies that they want the events of the season fresh in everyone's minds.

You people like Friendship is Witchcraft, right?
How about a teaser of their new episode/song?

Yes it is, Twilight.
It really is.

If anyone was wondering, yes, the greatest gif in existence has been found:

If you'll excuse me, I'm just going to watch this thing for a while.
Or until I die of a heart attack which really could be at anzdtn o toxnzt onziz n,.

Verbose wrote:

I felt like Episodes 1 and 2 of the second season was different from the episodes in Season 1. I felt like it was a bit “darker” (like a 3 or a 4 at times on a scale from 1 to 10.) It almost seemed like the show is beginning to let loose now that its well-established.

CitationNeeded wrote:

It probably won’t be much darker than season 1. Remember, the first 2 episodes on season 1 were much darker than the rest of the series. It wouldn’t surprise me if this same trend was followed for the second season.

>Next episode

Remember: When we first saw this episode, we thought that bear was dead with no evidence to the contrary for about ten seconds.

Allycorn or not, anyone else have ideas for episodes or the style for next season? Story arc? Mini arcs? Slice-of-life like always? Slice-of-life with "changes?" Little darker? More pink and pretty? More adventure?

Anything specific? Dash reading a Daring Doo novel to Scootaloo? Another return of Trixie? We finally figure out what happened with Pinkie Pie and Rarity in the desert after the events of The Last Derpy (trololololol)?

Best not uppity princess what leaves her friends for some kingdom and sh!t dumb Twilight didn't like you in the first place oh god im crying Pone

…what.

Unto Pony General, a greeting, and a farewell at the same time

After due deliberation with others, I have decided to give this all one month. Time to wait, and time to see the aftermath of all this.

After said month, I will come back to see if it's worth taking up again. If it is, I'll come back, admit I was wrong, and then rejoin hopefully with no hassle. If it is not, well, I'll just pack up and leave, since there would be no use lingering.

I am not entirely convinced about that whole thing, but I will be a bit open to being proven wrong. However, I will only see the finale after seeing others' reactions to it.

But until the month is over, I will stay clear out of the fandom. I'll monitor a bit from the outside.

However, if any of you wish to contact me, feel free to post on my wall or send a PM. For those who use Steam (including those unfriended), feel free to friend me and talk a bit if you so desire.

With that, I bid you a fond farewell for now.

DeadParrot222 wrote:

@Box
I didn’t read th wiki page, but wouldn’t finding crazy number patterns and stuff like that be the exact opposite of chaos?
It looks like they are specifically looking for some kind of secret linking of important information while true chaos would basically be defined as a lack of reasonable causality.
If anyone would try to get behind numerology, it would be Twilight and her love of math and equations.

Exactly.

Yeah, according to the page, Discordianism tends to be very contradictory. That's what's so chaotic about it.
The only thing they seem to have in common is their philosophy about how people perceive things, some of which is demonstrated by the Law of Fives, that people will always find what they're looking for if they look hard enough (based on how people interpret reality).

The second sentence of the second paragraph on the page will tell you their philosophy in a nutshell:

Discordianism is centered on the idea that both order and disorder are illusions imposed on the universe by the human nervous system, and that neither of these illusions of apparent order and disorder is any more accurate or objectively true than the other.
Last edited Feb 03, 2013 at 02:05PM EST

Cannot be unseen.

I've got yet another idea for a MLP video game. It's a platformer in the vein of Spongebob Squarepants: Battle For Bikini Bottom, and all the Mane Six (and my human OC Josh Larson) are playable. The storyline is that after finding a "lost episode" tape, Celestia finds out about a plan to brainwash both Earth and Equestria with said lost episodes, and commands the seven to stop the plan. There is a group of three characters on any given level, and it's randomized every time (except in the final battle, where all seven are playable). Also, Josh's weapon is a Sonic Wave Guitar, a major reference to The Spongebob Squarepants Movie video game, though it can also be used for melee. What do you guys think?

Verbose wrote:

Allycorn or not, anyone else have ideas for episodes or the style for next season? Story arc? Mini arcs? Slice-of-life like always? Slice-of-life with “changes?” Little darker? More pink and pretty? More adventure?

I suspect slice-of-life with changes. What those changes are? Not sure quite yet, but I find it rather foolish to think that the series will be exactly the same after the Twilicorn happening (assuming it's permanent like several posters have confirmed). I'm guessing it will still at least somewhat be slice-of-life because I would find it odd for the series to have a complete genre shift but I guess this is just more my own wishful thinking than anything. Either way, I'm still excited for the finale, Twilicorn or not. I'm just dying to know what the outcome will be!

Last edited Feb 03, 2013 at 04:53PM EST

UnKewln00b wrote:

And somewhere in Equestria Lyra finds a store selling hand gloves.

That makes me wonder…

How far can one go with that aspect? How much can one develop it?

There's been Fanfics where Lyra writes about humans and makes a show. There are dozens of Fanfics where Lyra knows humans exist for certain. And some Fan Art where she makes her own Mechanical hands. And many other Fics assume she was once human.

Why not blend all these together and see what pops out?

I mean, have Lyra run an extremely successful technology, magic, and media company that deals mostly with anything human related: including stuff from the human world. Yugioh as a show in Equestria? Blame Lyra! And her most Succesful products? Mechanical Hands!

… And one could explain it that Lyra's soul got lost on the way to being born in Equestria, and so spent time as a human before going back to be born in her true form in Equestria.

Someone continue that line of logic.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!