Forums / General

195,857 total conversations in 5,393 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10,167 conversations with 235 participants

@Twins

The team tried the best to keep it up with the constant “no donations” thing, but I guess it couldn’t hold out for that long.

Considering the donations went to breast cancer research and not Mane6, that really only makes the shut down that much worse. :/

Pleasure to see you again, though! Haven’s seen you in a while.

So, I heard Rarity was in vogue now, as ever. About time you infidels realized who best poni was.

I, for one, welcome our new fabulous overlord.

@Twilitlord

You’re not telling me anything I don’t already know. Maybe if it was Super Smash Ponies getting shut down when it’s 90% done and Exudes getting this pitiful treatment at the hands of Hasbro, you’d understand my point. It’s not all about legal matters, it’s about how these people are being treated. If Exudes is right about the laws regarding the trademark, this only makes their decision all the more troublesome.

@New episode

Most of my opinions have already been covered. Rarity and Rainbow got some better use of screen time than usual, Pinkie seemed a bit off (which is weird considering this was from Polsky), and it felt like just a filler episode. Also, the plot was WAAAAAAAAAAY too predictable. And the decision to host the games there didn’t make much sense to me, either. And I was disappointed to see the mane six without the crystal effects. Working the last episode into the writing was a nice touch though.

Not really a bad episode, but nothing of extraordinary merit stuck out either.

Feb 10, 2013 at 07:59PM EST
Quote

Ok, can someone tell me why everyone has Rarity avatars now? Every single one of my friends (who are pony fans) now have Rarity in their pic? Why is that the case?

Feb 10, 2013 at 08:03PM EST
Quote

Daft Punkjet wrote:

Ok, can someone tell me why everyone has Rarity avatars now? Every single one of my friends (who are pony fans) now have Rarity in their pic? Why is that the case?

Rarity is just exquisitely fabulous, darling. The big question is why YOU don’t use a Rarity avatar.


Advance was banned by Verbose for uploading an X-rated image. Mr. Scratch changed his name and avatar to mimic Advance to sort of take his place while he’s gone this week. Krupam noted that soon everyone would have Advance-d names and Rarity avatars, and I stated that it was a good idea and wanted to see it happen. When Daruqe agreed, but said he wouldn’t do it alone, I Advancized my name and avatar and everyone started following suit.

tl;dr:
It’s all Verbose’s fault.

Last edited Feb 10, 2013 at 08:11PM EST
Feb 10, 2013 at 08:10PM EST
Quote

Daft Punkjet wrote:

Ok, can someone tell me why everyone has Rarity avatars now? Every single one of my friends (who are pony fans) now have Rarity in their pic? Why is that the case?

Conform to the trend, and become fabulous!

However I’ve accepted the fact that Rarity is best pony long before these name changes ever occurred.

Feb 10, 2013 at 08:16PM EST
Quote

Harshwhinny wrote:

Rarity is just exquisitely fabulous, darling. The big question is why YOU don’t use a Rarity avatar.


Advance was banned by Verbose for uploading an X-rated image. Mr. Scratch changed his name and avatar to mimic Advance to sort of take his place while he’s gone this week. Krupam noted that soon everyone would have Advance-d names and Rarity avatars, and I stated that it was a good idea and wanted to see it happen. When Daruqe agreed, but said he wouldn’t do it alone, I Advancized my name and avatar and everyone started following suit.

tl;dr:
It’s all Verbose’s fault.

I honestly had no idea this was a thing until yesterday. I just wanted a Rarity avatar.

Feb 10, 2013 at 08:20PM EST
Quote

Daft Punkjet wrote:

Ok, can someone tell me why everyone has Rarity avatars now? Every single one of my friends (who are pony fans) now have Rarity in their pic? Why is that the case?

It’s because Advanced (a guy who posted many pictures to the Pony Image Board, Safe for Work and Not Safe For Work) was banned for too many naughty pictures.

Everyone changed their names and avatars to honor Advance’s memory as well even if you aren’t a fan of NSFW pictures you’ve no doubt seen some great pony pictures posted by the guy.

I changed my name because I felt like jumping on the bandwagon, why didn’t I change my Avatar you may ask? Because You don’t change Barry Burton, EVER

Besides I already knew Rarity was best pony (IMO Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Applejack are my best ponies….mainly Rainbow Dash). Rarity Haters are outnumbered, her flaws only make her BETTER

Last edited Feb 10, 2013 at 08:24PM EST
Feb 10, 2013 at 08:22PM EST
Quote
I changed my name because I felt like jumping on the bandwagon, why didn’t I change my Avatar you may ask? Because You don’t change Barry Burton, EVER

Barry Burton, you say? I thought your avatar looked familiar.

I really need to go back and play the games I missed in that series.

Feb 10, 2013 at 08:37PM EST
Quote

Dafuq, Advance got banned again? This is what I get for spending less time the last few days no the board.

Anyone have a Uncle Scrooge and Rarity pic that I could…well…use?

Feb 10, 2013 at 08:39PM EST
Quote

Daft Punkjet wrote:

Dafuq, Advance got banned again? This is what I get for spending less time the last few days no the board.

Anyone have a Uncle Scrooge and Rarity pic that I could…well…use?

Treasure!

Feb 10, 2013 at 08:45PM EST
Quote

Well, now is a great time to bust out a picture for one of the best ponies until Advance returns. I don’t really have much to say about the new episode, it was not terrible but could have been better. What really bugs me about this episode is the fact that it should have aired before “Just For Sidekicks” so there would have added a bit of mystery about the falling baggage and the “mysterious noise” on the train rather than it being explained in the previous episode because that is poor planning.

@Uncle Scrooge MapDuck

Edit: @DeadParrot222
Great minds think alike.

Last edited Feb 10, 2013 at 09:01PM EST
Feb 10, 2013 at 08:50PM EST
Quote

@Copyright

So, someone on the last page posted a video on copyright, saying it used to be 28 years before one could work on something made by someone else.

I’m not entirely sure if that’s the right number to use, seeing as one would be in one’s middle years before a show you watched as a kid became available to work on.

But now, 70 years after death means anyone who actually watched the original show would probably be dead as well by that time… So 28 would be a vast improvement for fans who want to have their own take.

Personally, I’d set it at 15 years. It’s long enough for a kid who watched a show when they were young to be an adult when the copyright cleared. but not so long that as an adult he would still have to wait long to write it.

I have no idea how I’m going to live long enough to see such a state without some serious tech or founding our own Nation in space though.


@New episode

It was one of those episodes I found hard to watch at first. But that’s not a quality thing, that’s a thing involved with Theatrical Irony. I seem to have a problem with it on first viewings for some reason. It’s part of the reason I missed part of Spike at your service the first time round. I kept looking away because of how much I squirmed at being more or less shown what was going to happen, but being powerless to stop it.

The fact that the “Not the inspector” made things a bit too silly made it harder as well.

Still, maybe I’ll do better on the second go through. Are we doing Synchtube this week?

Feb 10, 2013 at 09:32PM EST
Quote

NEED AN ADVANCER HERE!

I’ll shoop some more stuff tomorrow.
Feb 10, 2013 at 09:54PM EST
Quote

Ah shoot, the sickness has spread onto me.

Now I’m fabulous!

Last edited Feb 10, 2013 at 10:10PM EST
Feb 10, 2013 at 10:00PM EST
Quote

“Let us elegantly throw off the shackles of this oppressive institution!”
-ExudesAffluence, rider of bandwagons

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:01PM EST
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

NEED AN ADVANCER HERE!

I’ll shoop some more stuff tomorrow.

inb4 Advance General is changed to Rarity General.
DON’T GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS DAMN IT.
I’m not! Why are you hating on me I’M ONLY TRYING TO HELP, THEY’RE TAKING OVER! CALM DOWN, WHY DON’T YOU COME CLOSER SO I CAN ACTUALLY FUCKING HERE YOU, DAMN IT !%{font-size: 6pt}IT’S A MILE FROM YOU PROBABLY% SO WHAT? AND I AIN’T GOING TO RUN THAT AMOUNT OF FUCKING DAMN HILLS!!! WHY DON’T YOU SAY THAT TO MY FACE? WHAT’S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN, ARE YOU SUGGESTING THAT WHAT THE HELL AM I SUGGESTING? I SHOULD BURN OFF CALORIES BECAUSE I AIN’T FUCKING FAT AT ALL! I’M ONLY SUGGESTING YOU SHOULD REALLY COME AND SAY THAT TO MY FACE, BECAUSE IT’S FUCKING HARD TO HEAR YOU, DAMN IT!

I really don’t know that guy, guys. Srsly, he came out of nowhere.

Last edited Feb 10, 2013 at 10:11PM EST
Feb 10, 2013 at 10:07PM EST
Quote

I wonder if I should go Rarity, but unfortunately, closes I got to Rarity being a ork is this.

Heh, bandwagon it is?
Or I can do a Pinkie and Rarity combo (BUT NOT IN A SHIPPING SENSE)

Last edited Feb 10, 2013 at 10:11PM EST
Feb 10, 2013 at 10:07PM EST
Quote

I wanted to keep my Scrooge theme going, but hey, I’m in now.

Fluttershy is still THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:08PM EST
Quote

I need Photoshop so I can photoshop a picture of Barry Burton and Rarity (because that would be the only way for me to change my avatar!)

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:10PM EST
Quote

Right…

Since it’s too much to ask for us to all be sensible and stop the RarityXAdvance posting. I’ll run off and grab a newspaper from the inner city.

I’ll probably be back in 3 or 4 hours. And then if nobody else has a Synchtube up by then, I’ll make my own…

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:12PM EST
Quote

RAINBOW DASH IS STILL THE BEST OF THE BEST OF THE BEST OF THE BEST OF THE BEST OF THE BEST OF THE BEST OF THE BEST

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:22PM EST
Quote

Lunar Protege wrote:

@Copyright

So, someone on the last page posted a video on copyright, saying it used to be 28 years before one could work on something made by someone else.

I’m not entirely sure if that’s the right number to use, seeing as one would be in one’s middle years before a show you watched as a kid became available to work on.

But now, 70 years after death means anyone who actually watched the original show would probably be dead as well by that time… So 28 would be a vast improvement for fans who want to have their own take.

Personally, I’d set it at 15 years. It’s long enough for a kid who watched a show when they were young to be an adult when the copyright cleared. but not so long that as an adult he would still have to wait long to write it.

I have no idea how I’m going to live long enough to see such a state without some serious tech or founding our own Nation in space though.


@New episode

It was one of those episodes I found hard to watch at first. But that’s not a quality thing, that’s a thing involved with Theatrical Irony. I seem to have a problem with it on first viewings for some reason. It’s part of the reason I missed part of Spike at your service the first time round. I kept looking away because of how much I squirmed at being more or less shown what was going to happen, but being powerless to stop it.

The fact that the “Not the inspector” made things a bit too silly made it harder as well.

Still, maybe I’ll do better on the second go through. Are we doing Synchtube this week?

Copyright is there to protect the author, nothing more. It prevents others from making profit from a work without permission (such as Disney still having a monopoly on merchandise of their Snow White). 28 years actually makes sense, from a creator standpoint. You have to remember going into law that nothing is set up to make it easier for fans, bar the Fair Use act. It’s all about the creators when it comes to copyright/trademark law so they can still make profit and don’t get screwed over by fakers.

@Lone K: I think your problem is using IE.

Last edited Feb 10, 2013 at 10:37PM EST
Feb 10, 2013 at 10:36PM EST
Quote

@Twilitlord

I don’t know! I am not using IE at all, Firefox should just be running prop

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:09PM EST
Quote

[sniff sniff]

Whats that smell?

[sniff]

Smells like…a bandwagon!

Weeee, I must board it immediately!

Also sorry to hear about Advance getting banned again. I’m sure all the people who clop to humanized Rarity will miss him…which probably includes everyone here since Advance turned us all into Rarity fans.

Of course as soon as he gets back he will just keep posting more softcore porn. The boy won’t learn because people keep praising him for doing it

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:15PM EST
Quote

It is true, people are always praising Advance (and Unraveler for that matter) for posting pictures to the gallery that probably shouldn’t be there. I generally don’t care but it still makes me go “eeuuugh” sometimes. Still, Advance is a cool guy and I will always support a Rarity fan!

Gah, I barely even recognize my own posts ever since I changes my avatar to Rarity. If only there was a picture on the internet of Rarity and Ariel together…

Last edited Feb 10, 2013 at 11:25PM EST
Feb 10, 2013 at 11:23PM EST
Quote

All these Advances…

DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU’VE DONE, VERBOSE? DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU’VE DONE???

/ JK I know you had a valid reason and I completely support it. \

Last edited Feb 10, 2013 at 11:25PM EST
Feb 10, 2013 at 11:25PM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

[sniff sniff]

Whats that smell?

[sniff]

Smells like…a bandwagon!

Weeee, I must board it immediately!

Also sorry to hear about Advance getting banned again. I’m sure all the people who clop to humanized Rarity will miss him…which probably includes everyone here since Advance turned us all into Rarity fans.

Of course as soon as he gets back he will just keep posting more softcore porn. The boy won’t learn because people keep praising him for doing it

Humanized Rarity? Humans are gross. Anyone who clops to humans is a sicko.

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:48PM EST
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

It is true, people are always praising Advance (and Unraveler for that matter) for posting pictures to the gallery that probably shouldn’t be there. I generally don’t care but it still makes me go “eeuuugh” sometimes. Still, Advance is a cool guy and I will always support a Rarity fan!

Gah, I barely even recognize my own posts ever since I changes my avatar to Rarity. If only there was a picture on the internet of Rarity and Ariel together…

I actually don’t look at Advance’s NSFW stuff (or any NSFW stuff….yeah I might be one of the only 21 year old straight men that’s not asexual that really doesn’t care about porn even though I have this file labeled “MY PORN” with thousands of pictures and videos that I’m lying about not having in an attempt to make me look better than all of you porn loving dudes) but at the same time he posted a lot of Safe For Work stuff which I enjoyed looking at. Plus he was never short of Rarity pictures (SFW and NSFW), you can’t hate a man for having too many Rarity pictures. The man made a great contribution to the gallery and he will be missed….but he did break the rules his punishment should’ve been more severe.

BTW people here’s the thing….Yes I click on every picture that’s labeled “NSFW” despite my distaste for it. Only because well………….Dude, it’s basic human psychology. Someone tells you not to look at something your curiosity will get to you and soon you’ll find yourself clicking the NSFW posts and you’ll either be unaffected, or you’ll see something particularly disturbing (Like Kibaranger’s diaper pony art, dear god that’s messed up).

Everyone bow down to me cause I am superior to you all for not liking porn!!!

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:52PM EST
Quote
Are we doing Synchtube this week?

I think we should put Suited for Success, Sisterhooves Social, and Sweet and Elite in the video cue. For… reasons.

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:52PM EST
Quote

Jackal Lantern wrote:

Are we doing Synchtube this week?

I think we should put Suited for Success, Sisterhooves Social, and Sweet and Elite in the video cue. For… reasons.

That moment when you realize Rarity has less than 5 episodes….Oh BTW you forgot the Diamond Dog episode.

Rarity is very underrated…..

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:58PM EST
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

It is true, people are always praising Advance (and Unraveler for that matter) for posting pictures to the gallery that probably shouldn’t be there. I generally don’t care but it still makes me go “eeuuugh” sometimes. Still, Advance is a cool guy and I will always support a Rarity fan!

Gah, I barely even recognize my own posts ever since I changes my avatar to Rarity. If only there was a picture on the internet of Rarity and Ariel together…

Ask-and-someone-will-be-nice-and-yet-still-lazy-enough-to-quickly-throw-something-together-for-you-to-receive:



What did happen to the syncs? Has everyone just been busy?

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:01AM EST
Quote

Probably. Can we do one tomorrow? Preferably round 8 central/9 eastern? If we can’t, it’s okay, it’s just that I work till about 8.

EDIT: I think we got so caught up in legalese and Advance bans that we all just kind of forgot.

Last edited Feb 11, 2013 at 12:04AM EST
Feb 11, 2013 at 12:02AM EST
Quote

@Advance

That moment when you realize Rarity has less than 5 episodes….Oh BTW you forgot the Diamond Dog episode.

Toss in Green Isn’t Your Color or Look Before You Sleep and we’ve got a solid two-hour block of Rarity.

@Advance

Ask-and-someone-will-be-nice-and-yet-still-lazy-enough-to-quickly-throw-something-together-for-you-to-receive:

le image

Nice! I was going to lazily throw together a pale Hipster Ariel with purple hair and a horn, but you beat me to it.

@Advance

Probably. Can we do one tomorrow? Preferably round 8 central/9 eastern? If we can’t, it’s okay, it’s just that I work till about 8.

You can’t hold off just a little longer? Advance said he’d start one when he gets back in three or four hours, and he said that two or three hours ago.

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:13AM EST
Quote

Yes we’ve been too busy sucking Advance’s dick and getting involved in the most fabulous Rarity circle jerk ever to ask about the sync today….Please let it be tomorrow cause I have work in the morning.

…..Not that I have a problem with circle jerks involving best ponies but we’ve wasted too much time on this. We need to get back to the important issues, like bitching and moaning about Twilicorn!

Last edited Feb 11, 2013 at 12:16AM EST
Feb 11, 2013 at 12:14AM EST
Quote

Harshwhinny wrote:

Ask-and-someone-will-be-nice-and-yet-still-lazy-enough-to-quickly-throw-something-together-for-you-to-receive:



What did happen to the syncs? Has everyone just been busy?

You’re awesome!


And I agree with Twilitlord, I think we should have the synctube tomorrow


Also, i found the perfect gif to describe Avdance’s ban

Last edited Feb 11, 2013 at 12:25AM EST
Feb 11, 2013 at 12:23AM EST
Quote

MFW: People do not want to participate in a circle jerk.

Last time I checked, we are all in one big circle jerk so there is no rush to end this very small one. We also have 4chan and other sites to complain about Twilicorn for us .

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:27AM EST
Quote

As a clarification, he wasn’t banned for posting too many NSFW images. We don’t have any guidelines for how many is too many, even though the SFW galleries aren’t meant to be used for NSFW images. We just have way of covering them up. "

Advance was banned for a different reason. I banned him, because he posted an “X-rated” image. NSFW content must be spoilered, but X-rated generally involves plentiful gore, otherwise disturbing content, genitalia or female nipples, or (the case for Advance,) sexual activities in the frame of the image. X-rated content can’t be uploaded without an administrator’s permission. By rules, not even Database Moderators can clear them on their own.

I didn’t hesitate to ban him, because even after his first ban, I warned him and deleted/spoilered several of his images. I saw the most recent image and felt that the warnings weren’t doing anything.

I do like the guy. I’m friends with him on KYM, and I’ve conversed with him on Derpibooru. But I hate dealing with him on KYM as a moderator.

I spend all of that time making sure that he understood the guidelines and expressing my willingness to explain if he misunderstood or wasn’t sure of something in the guidelines. And after all of those messages, he still didn’t care.

So if he gets banned again, then I’ll propose that we make it so that we don’t have to ban him a fourth time. He’s plenty smart. He knows the rules. If he breaks them again, then it means he doesn’t care and isn’t going to change.

So if anyone can get to him, please do try. I’ve done my piece in warning him. I’m just going to ban him on his next offense and propose a permanban to be placed before his ban expires. No warnings. He’s had plenty.

Last edited Feb 11, 2013 at 12:34AM EST
Feb 11, 2013 at 12:29AM EST
Quote

Kewln00b? wrote:

It appears Best Voice Actress on this show finally got her own twitter quick send her a link to this fabulous circle jerk!

You want to send Tabitha St. Germain, who was effectively avoiding the epitome of impulsive online posting, a link to a circlejerk around a user known, before anything else, for uploading pony porn?

Second thoughts, bro, second thoughts…

(Remember, not all of the voice actresses are like Tara Strong.)

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:37AM EST
Quote

What’s with all the advance things in this thread and why did he get banned?

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:45AM EST
Quote

Verbose wrote:

You want to send Tabitha St. Germain, who was effectively avoiding the epitome of impulsive online posting, a link to a circlejerk around a user known, before anything else, for uploading pony porn?

Second thoughts, bro, second thoughts…

(Remember, not all of the voice actresses are like Tara Strong.)

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:46AM EST
Quote

chowzburgerz wrote:

What’s with all the advance things in this thread and why did he get banned?

You can find an explanation further up the page.
Long story short, Advance got banned for posting an x-rated image and now we’re all circle jerking

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:48AM EST
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

You can find an explanation further up the page.
Long story short, Advance got banned for posting an x-rated image and now we’re all circle jerking

Well when you put it that way it makes us all sound like perverted wastes of space.
.
.
.
.
I didn’t say stop!

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:49AM EST
Quote

@Jackvance:

You can’t hold off just a little longer? Advance said he’d start one when he gets back in three or four hours, and he said that two or three hours ago.

While the issue is behind us, I must remind you that some of us have better things to do than watching hours of poni starting at midnight, like sleeping so they’re awake for 9:30 classes. Speaking of which…

EDIT: However, first…

There’s still some room on there somewhere.

Last edited Feb 11, 2013 at 02:28AM EST
Feb 11, 2013 at 02:23AM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!